USH'S STAR WARS GAME- DARK SIDE INTERLUDE- 'Day of Choice'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
It's an interlude!

Last seen with The Warlord of Droben, these self-contained minisodes help bridge gaps, pass time when time is needed and allow players to practise rules and tactics.

Interludes don't have a predictive element, so don't worry about those powers. But be warned. Although interludes end with a full health restore, you only restore ONE force point at the end of an Interlude, so be careful what you spend! (Acolytes and those with Flow of the Force restore more as per normal)..

All the Dark Siders are in on this one, so here is a chance to get the group dynamic together before the main event. Have fun!

Ushgarak
Epireus Base

It has been over a year and a half since you returned from the Desert of Stones, with as many questions as answers. You have spent your intervening time expending what resources you have to find out more.

Since making contact with the Flotsam and Jetsam and its infamous droid captain, your efforts over the last few months have been rather more immediately practical. You've been refitting your base, getting your clean transponders working correctly and ensuring a constant maintenance schedule on the shield generator, because you don't want any of THAT nonsense again. It's been long, hard work and the pressure is getting to you all.

Galder has been different lately... in ways that are entirely trivial. No longer moody and unbalanced, he is instead driven and impatient, and this has pretty much led to the exact same results as before. Some of the rest of you are different too. Gallador and Rand have spent days in brooding, thoughtful silence and study, and they have been of little use to anyone in those periods. The rest of you are stable... as Dark Siders go...

But today is the day for you guys to forget all of that. Today is a day of fun and relieving pressure. Today is the Day of Choice.

Every six months the Epireans in the jungles and plains beneath your mountain stronghold pay their 'tribute' to you. Having little of any possible value that you might need, their tribute is very personal and is paid in people. This is part of a deal negotiated last year to maintain the loyalty of the Epirean tribes without just slaughtering your own workforce. The deal was that... you would stop slaughtering your own workforce. If that sounds a bit weird, this is the mindset that happens when you have Pariahs and especially Corsairs stuck on a planet for extended periods of time. Killing the locals becomes a habit, whether it is an efficient activity or not.

Well, no longer is there random and senseless killing on Epireus! You have brought an end to such barbarism. Instead, the killing is not at all random and done with very specific purpose. The Epirean tribal leaders chuck your way all the condemned prisoners of their society- and for condemned prisoners, read 'people that have annoyed the chieftains'. An interesting side effect of the deal is the extended control the chieftains have acquired by being able to threaten to send people 'to the mountain...'.

What you do with them once you have them is your business. It's generally considered that they are going to die, but not before you have had some fun with them. And as some of these Epireans are genuinely dangerous criminal killers- from a bronze age race known more for their hardness of skull and strength of muscle than for their intellectual sophistication- it is possible that some may be of use to you amongst your bodyguards. You also have some internal wagers over who is going to survive your fun little games. You guys have just about enough common sense and survival instinct- caused by long periods of surviving under pressure- not to kill each other over a bet, but it is not surprising if some of you have no intention of playing fair.

Each of the eight tribes will provide you with ten such prisoners. That's a fixed quota, btw, so if they haven't got enough prisoners, they have to invent more crimes. So, that's eighty prospective Epireans in the pot. By the end of the day, tradition says (and there's nothing that says you have to stick to tradition, though these things have value) that each Dark Sider will choose one survivor to join their bodyguard.

Of course, you'll need to thin the herd first, and see how these people perform under pressure. That's how you see the real measure of a person; something you have all learned first hand. Thus we have this year's events!

EVENT ONE: Dodge the Dark Sider

In this event the prisoners are gathered in a medium-sized crater caused by some ancient meteorite strike on the outskirts of the forest near the mountain. Any number of Dark Siders can enter the crater as they wish. At the end of the exercise, only forty prisoners should be left alive. Dark Siders are not obliged to enter the crater; this is a matter of taste. The point is meant to be that there is a whirling flurry of death going around the crater slaughtering the Epireans left right and centre. That said... eighty Epireans is not something to be laughed at, so this is a good chance for anyone to practise their combat skills.

There are no rules here; Dark Siders can kill or spare at their whim, depending on what they are after.. It is considered that it is AFTER this game that the bets are made (with the exception of the 'who can kill the most?' game) as some of the more promising potential candidates emerge.

The survivors bury the bodies of the rest as they await...

EVENT TWO: Fun Run

It's a simple run! Up the mountain to the security perimeter of your base, and then back down to the crater. A couple of problems, of course. The Epireans find the thinner air on the mountain hard to breathe (much as you find the dense atmosphere off of the mountain very heavy going) so this is an intense test of their stamina. It is not unknown for Dark Siders to lay in ambush, cause rock slides or, in one incident, lay proximity mines on the course to make it more interesting. Of course, the most interesting bit of all is that the last 20 home are all brutally executed, so no slacking please.

EVENT THREE: Face Off

By this point you are feeling aggrieved that you are having to do all the killing when you have a slave force to do it for you, so those that get back to the crater are told that only ten of them are going to be allowed out again, and they'll have to settle who it is themselves. They normally work it out one way or another.. those that emerge victorious face the final test...

EVENT FOUR: The Choice

And so there you are, with ten (in theory) remaining candidates who are either capable or extremely lucky, both of which qualities suit you. How many you leave alive and pick for yourselves is entirely up to you. Who gets whom is also up to you, and subject to some arguments sometimes. When you are done, those picked are taken to the security perimeter and instructed on how to patrol it... and they become yours.

Today is the day, folks! In a few minutes you will leave the base and walk down the mountain to the crater to accept your adulation and tribute from the tribal representatives. Should be a fun day.

Oh, btw, those bets. They are going to be represented by certain objectives during the game. Whoever can fulfil those objectives will get a bonus xp point for each one done...

Newjak
Yay big grin

REXXXX
Though Galder feels that his time is much more valuable now, when there are secrets to uncover, things to discover, and people to recover, he cannot resist contributing in the games with a much more focused mind. The last time the games were played, Galder had interfered in the whole process by randomly murdering at will and killing his own candidates for short-lived amusement. He also found Rand's laying of mines entirely distasteful because of how indirect it was, the coward's way of handling such things.

This time, he intends to make full use of his talents to determine who gets to work for him as his minion. Kuylen had his minions, back in the day... Galder thinks he should too, if he is going to reach his potential for lethality. He doesn't necessarily NEED henchmen, of course; he is a killing machine all by himself. But he won't deny the usefulness.

Making sure his arm-blaster is at full charge, that his knife-hand is sharpened, and that his lightsabers are ready, Galder will set out to participate in the games, likely in the company of the Psycho Brigade- Rianna, Dak, and Xavier.

"So," Galder says. "I wonder how things will turn out this year."

Newjak
Xavier walks by Galder, "Hopefully good. We could use with some good specimens."

Xavier himself was a very grand specimen.

Besides it will be fun Xavier to kill some

"Either way I'm us here will find suitable stress relief."

REXXXX
"No doubt," Galder says. "All this hunting for information has been frustrating. I want to cut loose and enjoy myself for once. Haven't been able to in a very long time..."

Bardock42
Con doesn't really enjoy random killing as much as some of the others, although he could need a good bodyguard, and he has to admit the process does usually get them the toughest fighters. And watching and participating in the group dynamics are always great fun. He approaches the other two and says "Good morning. It's a fine day for our games, is it not? I presume I will get to see you two practicing your skills in the crater?"

Peach
...holy crap. Proximity mines. That is ****ing hilarious.

"I don't care at all about guards or anything like that," Rianna states to Galder. "It's simply been far too long since I've been able to cause suitable havoc...you worry about who we want as minions. I just want to destroy something. Preferably many somethings."

REXXXX
"Yeah, well, you won't get any minions that way," Galder says. "Still, I'm thinking I'll hold my record for most kills during the First Round, don't you?"

Galder smiles deprecatingly at Rianna.

Peach
"Well, that's fine, as I don't care about nor want any 'minions'. What use have I for them?" Rianna replies, with a glare. "And somehow I highly doubt that. You only have your record because you cheated."

REXXXX
"You still think I tripped you as you were entering the crater?" Galder asks. "As if I would stoop to such levels. It's not my fault you didn't land on your feet instead of your face, anyway."

Peach
"Well, let's think about this, Galder; there was absolutely nothing to trip over and you happened to have been standing right next to me just before it happened," Rianna responds. "And of course you'd stoop to such levels. Usually you go even lower."

General Zink
"I wonder what else you will happen this time that will cause ceaseless bickering from the peanut gallery," Rand comments, dark and moody as ever. The wires protruding from the back of his head crackle quietly as he turns his head, looking amongst the Darkies.

His time spent secretly with Gallador, doing secretive things, has made him grumpy and tired as they have had no real successes other than the taunting lines of lore that Gallador managed to procure about the Syphar n Kalar. Additionally, his inability to really take much hold on Gonderkorro without a means of getting there undetected by anyone (even his own group) has aggravated him.

"Much, I am sure. Ah well. I intend to make much of this event."

REXXXX
"You ran into me, that's not my problem," Galder snorts at Rianna's very accurate accusation. When Rand appears, Galder glares at the decrepit squid with hostility. "Going to test yourself in the crater this time, Rand? I want to see how someone in your state will fair against the bone-crushing natives."

Peach
"I most certainly did not..." Rianna grumbles, but her attention is quickly distracted by taunting Rand.

"Yes, Rand, or are you too afraid to try?" she says to him, thinking about how easy it would be to cause a fatal 'accident'...

General Kaliero
Dak snirks at Galder's retort to Rianna, having had a hand in the event himself. "Yes, Rand, better watch those wires. Wouldn't want some monkey-thing accidentally pulling those out..."

"It's been far too long since any of us has handed out a good, hard death... can't wait. Galder, you're bringing snacks, right?"

He thinks to himself, though... it would be nice to have a bodyguard, especially while the leadership of the group possibly shifts...

General Zink
"I assure you that I intend to participate and that nothing terrible will befall me," Rand says, sensing the intentions of the others quite keenly, though he need not sense it for he knows exactly how they feel toward him. "Monkey-things or otherwise. I must keep up with my swordsmanship, after all."

Rand takes a swig from one of his wine bottles, having procured more using the bounty money from their excursion on Gonderkorro.

"Yes indeed."

General Kaliero
Dak cleanly flicks one of his razor-sharp knives into Rand's bottle mid-swig, shattering it just to see how he reacts.

"You have no swordsmanship, old one. Even Con here could take you."

General Zink
Rand is irked by the shattering of his wine bottle, watching as the precious liquid splashes onto his robes, his nerves slow to react. But he does not exhibit any outward anger, knowing that it would only serve for amusement.

"I beg to differ," Rand says, meeting Dak's gaze solidly.

Peach
"Sadly, Rand, you can disagree all you want, but in practice...you disagreeing doesn't make a slightest bit of difference," Rianna says with a smirk at Dak's destruction of Rand's wine.

General Kaliero
Dak stares back steadily, utterly un-intimidated. "Do you, now? Will you be joining in our bets to kill the most, this time? Or would you prefer a more... personal competition?"

His clawed fingers twitch at his side, eager to clutch his lightsaber.

General Zink
Certain temptations call to Rand to act in spite of their taunts, to show them that they are very much incorrect, but he knows that now is not the time, nor the place, nor the situation.

"You may have killed Arneth, Rianna, but you did not kill me," Rand retorts, tossing down the broken bottle. "And I am content to tell you that you would lose if you and I were to duel, Dak. I need not show you. Not yet."

General Kaliero
Dak's saber hisses to life, neatly bisecting the remains of Rand's bottle before it can even hit the floor. "Pretty words for a broken fool," he responds as he switches his saber off and replaces it in his gauntlet.

Peach
"That was many years ago, Rand, and I am no longer the person I was then, easily frightened and easily manipulated..." Rianna hisses in anger, her hand going to her lightsaber. She still despises - and fears, though she keeps that well-hidden - Rand for his hand in her fall to the Dark Side.

Bardock42
Con looks at Dak with a blank stare, he's pretty sure that he had just been insulted, although in a rather odd way. Not that he cared much for the opinion of others and so he ignored the comment and addresses both with "Why, if I recall right, this is about the fifth time this week you two have been in one of your staredown events. If I didn't know better I'd feel you are both just talk. I recall a time when Jedi didn't pretend to draw their sabres for petty attacks, but actually used them. Oh well, galaxy's going down the drain" with that he turned around looking for some Epireans to inspect, thoroughly enjoying his insult to both Dak and Rand.

REXXXX
Galder just watches, not particularly caring for his usual bickering with Rand today. If accidents were to befall the old Dark Jedi, he would not mind, but right now he is much too focused to care about the aged squid's antics, nor his own cohorts. He does admire the rapidity with which Dak bisects the remains of the bottle, however, as he does Rand's unflinching response.

"Just as easy to trip, though," Galder comments, before following Con. "Intending to get some finer specimen under your wing, Con?"

Bardock42
"Oh yes, indeed. One of my guards had a mishap last week. Apparently he was caught cheating in one of those games the Epireans like to play. Fascinating culture, really, so raw and babaric. But yes, I am looking to replace him with a capable warrior. What about you, Galder, I always thought you had little interest in them?"

General Kaliero
Dak ignores Con for now, as he still sees a possibility of worth in the newer member. He watches the Epireans as well. "Still the old quota... I heard they invented a few new crimes to fill it this time. Something about sleeping too late... that one would suit you, Rianna," the lizard laughs.

REXXXX
"I did, but... things have changed," Galder says. "For me, at least. I'm sure you've noticed. I need to be focused or I will just become like these damned Epireans- senseless muscle."

Peach
"No, waking someone up as they sleep would be better," Rianna replies to Dak, with a look of annoyance. "And isn't that what you've always been, Galder? Just senseless muscle?"

General Zink
"So you would like to think," Rand replies to Rianna, before drifting away from them, hoping to inspect the Epirean criminals without distractions being presented by the Dark Sider hostilities. He feels it is poor form to let such disfunction show in front of the Epireans.

HereticalDruid
Azarl says nothing to anyone, though he does stick close to Rand as he approaches the crater. He is not sure if he wants to partake in the slaughter that is to come, but he thinks he may as well if everyone else is.

REXXXX
Galder shoots a glare toward Rianna as she starts to follow Con and him.

"I'm certainly not senseless," Galder says. "You're the one that's going mad next. I've got purpose, now. You don't."

Bardock42
"That is a good thing, Galder. The Epireans, they have no choice, but people like us, we do, we can achieve so much more. And I intend to grab it when I get the chance. I surely don't want to end up nothing but a blunt tool for the dark lady, it's degrading enough so far already."

Peach
"I have still managed to retain more of my sanity than it is likely that you have ever had," Rianna simply replies. She's been keeping her work with trying to become better with controlling the Force a secret from the others. "And just because you believe I don't have any sort of purpose, doesn't make that true. What you don't know would fill the entire galaxy several times over."

REXXXX
Galder grinds his teeth when Adelmo is mentioned. Being treated like an instrument for her aims brings Galder back to the Kuylen days; not thinking of Kuylen himself, but of Chion's mindless lust for mass murder. Not that Galder doesn't enjoy mass murder, just the way in which Chion went about it. So very pointless...

"Exactly," Galder says. "I'd like to think that she couldn't take on ALL of us AND the Epireans. That'd be one argument for why we need bodyguards. Minions to throw at the femme fatales.

"And oh? What's your important overall aim in life, Rianna?"

General Kaliero
"Purpose indeed..." Dak says, half to himself. He still harbors wary thoughts about his position in the future. "Be careful, Galder. I know myself that even when you're sure of your purpose, it doesn't always turn out how you thought."

Brief flashes of Arnia. His victory, his purpose fulfilled... then taken away, destroyed, lost.

REXXXX
"Hmph," Galder says, himself thinking back to the Mausoleum of Demnos. "If only we could find Kuylen's vault, right, Dak?"

Peach
"Does seeing Rand and everything he has ever attempted destroyed count?" Rianna replies, bitterly. "But I am certainly not content to be seen as good for nothing but killing. And that will change."

REXXXX
"No," Galder says, simply. "Too short term. Rand could croak at any second."

Peach
"Well, too bad. I don't have to share everything - or anything - with you, and for that matter, your opinion is rather irrelevant," Rianna responds.

General Kaliero
Ush, I posted my last at 11:38 in my timezone. I think that merits one of those rewards.

"Everyone else's opinion is irrelevant to Queen Rianna," Dak adds.

Bardock42
"You guys are a depressing bunch" Con concludes listening to the self pity and wallowing in saddness " We are young, we are powerful, we are on our way to a day of mindless fun, what more could you want" and then, looking at Rand off in the distance he adds, somewhat mumbled "Well. Most of us are young anyways".

Peach
"Queen Rianna. I rather like the sound of that..."

REXXXX
"You're right, Con," Galder says. "We need to just let loose and vent our frustrations on these poor Epirean slaves. There's always time for arguments later. Like when we start betting on them in a few hours."

Peach
"A pity I have little to no interest in betting on which brainless savage will be the last one standing once we're done..." Rianna says, with a shrug.

Ushgarak
And so down you guys come to the base of the mountain, to the edge of the crater. Dozens of armed and armoured Epireans, shining in bronze, await you down there to hail your arrival. These are the warriors of Firak, the chieftain who controls the forested areas near the mountain and your main contact amongst the tribes.

REXXXX
Is Firak himself going to be present? If so, Galder is going to seek him out.

Ushgarak
Yes indeed he is! He's looking very shiny himself these days, wielding a double-headed axe and bearing a wide grin.

REXXXX
"Hello, Firak," Galder says. "You're looking rather pleased with yourself. Nice axe."

Didn't some of us spend money on getting them nicer armor and weapons?

Ushgarak
Not as such.

"Hail!" calls out Firak, and his men all hail you with a great roar. "And of course I am pleased! Today is the great day again, and all of the tribves have contributed their quota."

Newjak
Xavier has remained quiet during all hostile exchanges between his comrades. If nothing else he is simply pleases that they have finally got something to be focused on.

Let's look over the people

"Indeed lets."

Xavier will walk around eyeing up everyone he sees looking for someone distinct and that stands out.

Ushgarak
It's pretty hard to tell when they are still bunched up in the crater. Soem are big, some are small; some look dumb, some look scared... but you never really know.

The prisoners have leather armour and stone axes.

Newjak
Xavier had wished that they could have gotten some better weapon for the winning Eperians to use.

Xavier will go stand next to Galder and Firak, "It is good that you met your quotas."

Peach
Rianna sure as hell was not going to spend any of her money on better outfitting Epireans...stick out tongue

Newjak
Originally posted by Peach
Rianna sure as hell was not going to spend any of her money on better outfitting Epireans...stick out tongue Yeah because equipping your muscle and bodyguards with better weapons is always a terrible idea. stick out tongue

Peach
She doesn't care about them at all, so yeah stick out tongue

General Kaliero
Dak is amused by Firak's forced pleasure. "Good, good. They look... well, some of them look promising."

General Zink
"Excellent news, Firak," Rand says as he approaches, flashing one of his toothy grins. "Then everything is in place for this glorious festival of blood and stamina to begin. A great day, indeed."

REXXXX
"There's a reason that we thin the pack, after all," Galder says, in response to Dak's comment. "We'll find the worthy ones in there. But first, we test them to see if they are resilient against lightsaber blows. Which they aren't."

Newjak
"It will be interesting to see how they fair, which characteristics will shine. We have our ideas on the matter," Xaviers says to no one in general.

REXXXX
"Yeah, I'm sure we've all got different ideas of what kind of guy we want to survive," Galder says. "Blunt force is someone I'd go with."

Newjak
"Agreed blunt force could be most useful. I'll be keeping my eyes open on the field."

Along with strength, a lack of fear and tactical thinking could be most useful Xavier

"Yes that sounds right."

REXXXX
"What does?" Galder asks.

Newjak
"Oh just thinking of some things in my head Galder. Strength, lack of fear, tactical thinking. I think these will be the attributes I wish to shine today."

Lord Melkor
Gallador is one of the latest to appear, busy with his research on Syphar N' Kalar last night.

"You are good for more than destruction, Rianna, you need to worry." He smiles slightly. "I appreciate your help with that book on Sith Wars, I am sure we will find a good lead about the Power that Lady is seeking sooner or later."

Gallador will seek opportunity to bring Firak aside and ask him about any interesting people among these prisoners. He propably has some contacts of his own among the Epireans, having patience and skills for politics.

General Kaliero
"I hope some prove to be fast and agile. We can teach them to move in the darkness... our own group of spies or assassins, even."

Newjak
"Yup sneaky, decietful, and backstabbing that is your kind of lot Fido." Xavier responds calmly.

Ushgarak
Firak says that for certain the greatest there is the warrior Tannek from his own tribe; a huge Epirean who slew his own brother in a ritual fight in an argument over food, and then proceeded to butcher his brother's family as well, for which he was condemned.

"My tribe always provides the best!" he says.

To all of you in general, he asks if there have been any more invaders lately.

General Kaliero
"Precisely," Dak answers Xavier, ignoring the childish name-calling as usual. "There is much that deceit can achieve where brutish force cannot."

Newjak
"The opposite holds true as well Dak."

Lord Melkor
Gallador answers Firak that they have dealt with all invaders.

"Well, it is not surprising as your a good ally for us, and wisest of the Epirean chiefs. I am not sure if all mine colleques fully understand it, but I do. I am sure your men will do well, right?" He says quietly to Firak.

Are there any other Epireans that stick out?

Ushgarak
Not yet. This is not really the time to tell.

But in reference to invaders... well, thiose pirates certainly never came back, More than that- your enquiries show that, far from avenging the death of his son, the clan chief has fled the entire sector, taking the pirate fleet with him.

Bardock42
So she didn't break her word.

Con goes over to Firak to greet him. "Hello, I haven't seen you in a while. I hope we'll see your man perform well again this time. But I wanted to ask you something, have you heard anything about Ogros? Is he still troubling the tribes?"

Peach
"Epireans have always struck me as being the very opposite of sneaky..." Rianna comments to Dak, choosing to ignore Gallador when he appeared.

REXXXX
"No invaders to worry about now," Galder says. "We made a deal that apparently guaranteed that those pirates would stay out of our space forever. It saved your people, that's for certain. Those pirates would have blasted you all into poodoo."

Ushgarak
Firak knows little of Ogros. Epireans still disappear mysteriously sometimes. Perhaps he murders those seen as collaborators. Perhaps they are defecting to his side. Perhaps, lacking a support network, he is long dead. Who knows?

What you are unsure about in relation to her word is exactly what she did. The pirates are militarily intact and they were doing well for themselves in this area. Firak's attitude is pretty much one of 'bring them on!" He's still a bit fuzzy about concepts like orbital bombardment.

The preparations for the first round are starting. However, whilst they are preparing, you will be doing so too. This will come in two ways- first of all, tweaks you will make to yuor characters following the rules upgrade. Secondly, you guys are due experience points!

Peach
Yes we are stick out tongue

Newjak
XP makes me Happy big grin

REXXXX
Am I right in supposing that the rules adjustments are coming today or relatively soon, then?

Experience for the win.

Ushgarak
Soonish!

General Zink
Experience points are always welcome! What to get for Rand...

Meanwhile, Rand thinks we should probably establish what the Lady did with the pirates. She does not appear to have dismantled them, but he did abandon a place where he was doing well. Hmm.

Anyway, Rand will prep himself, then. It has been some time since he has participated in a fight, not since Gonderkorro. He decides to get his more extensive armor casings ready, to protect the wires in the back of his head and his synthetic heart.

REXXXX
In game, Galder has done all the prep work he needs to do, and so resorts to doing some muscle stretching exercises while near the crater while the others do whatever they decide to do to prepare.

Ushgarak
Though not yet complete, rules updates are in! Go take a look.

If you want to change around any powers, we'll do that first. XP comes afterwards.

REXXXX
I think I'm set, though you shot down Block as the defensive gap filler. Galder's not going to have much in the way of Defense with BG and FG. Ah well.

HereticalDruid
It'll work out.

Azarl needs to make some changes. I realized that I had Coordination mastered before Strike, which goes against the requirements. So I'm ditching Coordination entirely, and using those two powers to Master Presence and Master Intuition.

Changing my Blade Schticks to Orthodox Guard and Charge, too.

General Zink
Rand is fine.

Peach
Just looking for xp myself, I have no changes I want to make right now.

Ushgarak
Azarl- on the sheet I have, you have Swiftness mastered and then you have Co-ordination. That's entirely legal, and co-ordination is only one power, so I cannot do that I am afraid.

HereticalDruid
Oh, okay. I must have done it differently when I made my sheet and we corrected it awhile ago. No changes but my Blade schticks then.

Ushgarak
XP time then!

Completion bonus of the last story is worth 10xp.

You succeeded in all the fights; that is a 2xp bonus. However, I can't award any xp for competency as, frankly, it was a darn close run thing. Good job you have a lot of nutters in the group.

Likewise, navigating the Desert went ok, but I can't see a reason to give more than the completion score.

Rand gets a 2xp bonus for touching on his Manifest Destiny. It's a start.

Con and Azarl get a four point bonus for participating in New Blood. Relle I am afraid does not, as her participation in the main game was more limited so I am breaking her even between New Blood and the episode.

So, that is 12 points, 14 for Rand, 16 for Con and Azarl.

---

On top of this, I am now in a better position to simulate some of your previous xp that was converted to bonuses I gave your characters on conversion.

Galder has 3 extra force powers which are worth 36 xp and a skill increase worth probably 4, and a single gun scthick. I'll call it 45 all told. That's a hefty chunk- if he had saved it all, his sabre pool coud have gone up (as the Swordsman bonus to pool does not count for xp purposes). But Galder has completed 9 and a half stories over the last 9 years, so I think that is a bit short.

Galder gains 25 xp. Yikes! But he's been on the edge for a good while, you know, and he probably never got accurate rewards for the first three stories.

-

Rand has bought Intrusion for 4 xp and two force powers for 43 xp. That's about right I think.

-

Rianna has a couple of skill increases under her belt for 8 xp and three force powers for 38; that's about right also.

-

Tanic has a couple of Force powers worth 31 xp and a Gun scthick for 4, for 35 spent. Tanic's just been a little less active in games than others, so I won't quite bring him to equivalence. He can have 2 extra xp. It all adds up!

-

Two extra force powers for Gallador are worth 33 xp. He's a story down on several of you so I'll call that fair.

-

Xavier's single force power increase serves him pretty well after joining at Newhaven.

-

Dak has a force power for 11, eight points worth of skill update for 19, and a combat schtick at 21. That's 40 points. I think that fits his first and second campaign contributions.

---

And that's not quite all. I don't want the campaign to become unbalanced my continuous participation in stuff, but I did promise some reward for Retrospection. So, for rounding yourselves out, have a bonus of 2 xp for each Retrospection game done! That means bugger all for Galder, but heck, he cannot complain with his bonus today.

Ushgarak
xp rules are now up, but I shall re-print the spending here.

-

Experience can be spent in the following ways:

INCREASE A MENTAL ATTRIBUTE BY ONE: Cost is the raised attribute x4 (e.g. Increasing Intelligence from 4 to 5 costs 20). You cannot raise a stat past 5.

INCREASE A PHYSICAL STAT BY ONE: Cost is the raised attrtibute x6 (e.g. Increasing Strength from 5 to 6 costs 30). You cannot raise a stat past 5.

Increasing attributes never increases your Lightsabre pool. It does improve your chances at duelling, however.

INCREASE YOUR FORCE RATING: Cost is the new amount x4 (e.g. You want to raise your force score to 8. This costs 32 xp)

BUY A NEW SKILL AT 1: 4. Note you can buy any non-restricted skill this way; it does not have to have been on your original creation template.

INCREASE A NON-FIGHTING SKILL BY ONE: Cost is double the value of the new skill (e.g. raising Medicine from 2 to 3 costs 6)

INCREASE A FIGHTING SKILL BY ONE- Cost is double the new POOL with that skill- attribute and skill combined. (e.g. You have a Combat of 3 and an Agility of 4. That makes your combat pool 7. Increasing Combat by one would make that pool 8, and will cost 16 experience).

If the new pool would be your highest fighting pool, double the cost. (e.g. Your Lightsabre pool is 9. You want to increase it to 10. 10 would be your highest fighting pool; the xp cost is 40)

BUY A NEW COMBAT OR PILOT SCHTICK: This costs three times the amount of that type of schtick you would have (e.g. You want to buy a third Pilot schtick. This costs 9 xp)

BUY A NEW GUN OR BLADE SCHTICK: This costs four times the amount of that type of schtick you would have (e.g. You want to buy a fourth Blade schtick. This costs 16 xp)

BUY A NEW FORCE POWER: This costs the amount of Force Powers you would then have +2 (e.g. you want to buy a 15th Force power. Thist costs 17 xp)

-

Note- xp costs are still being fully worked out and are subject to revision. Refunds will be given if costs decrease on something purchased)

Peach
Eesh. Expensive.

Looks like I'll most likely be saving for now...

Ushgarak
Well, I just edited in some bonuses for some of you.

Bardock42
I might be getting another blade schtick with the retrospection game I got exactly 16xp, I got things to ponder though. I definitely have to throw around some stuff since all the blade schticks and a lot of the force powers got somewhat different.

Ushgarak
I am in discussions about increasing the baseline amount per story and/or cheapening some spends, so there may possibly be mroe to come- just do not depend on it.

Rianna is looking to incease her Force and that's definiitely a long term commitment, even from a low level,. Still, a good score on the coming story should leave ehr capable of it, so that's really not bad to get a Force increase in teo stories.

Peach
Bonuses for doing Retrospection games?

I'm really going to be raking those in laughing out loud Two down so far for Rianna and one in progress...

(yep I'm a dork)

And yep, I'm looking to increase my Force rating. With those bonuses, as well as whatever we get for the Interlude, I should definitely be able to do after the next story. Sweet.

So yeah! Saving for now.

REXXXX
Whoa. Galder is in the green, it would seem!

Peach
Two quick things - do the 10 points that most of us got from the last game for story completion include the 2xp bonus for completing the fights?

Also, didn't Galder raise his saber score at some point along the line anyway? His lightsaber skill is a point higher than the rest of us saber nuts.

Ushgarak
My mistake! Missed out the fight win bonus on the final total.

And if that's true that explains the disparity, in which case he can wipe out that credit!

REXXXX
Yes, I DID raise my lightsaber score. So I shouldn't have 35 points to spend, right? Only the points from this past game?

Also, as a reminder, those who completed any Retro games got a static reward of one skill point, which I kept record of.

Ushgarak
Yup, that squares you out more or less, so just the allocation from the last game. Sorry!

Bardock42
Can you maye explain defence, armour and parry again, I don't quite get it anymore.

REXXXX
No problem! Galder would've gotten scary anyway. Need to consider what to spend on...

I'll shoot you a PM, Bardock.

Here's the xp rewards for Retrospection, btw-

6xp for Xavier, 4xp for Rianna, 2xp for Dak, 2xp for Con.

Newjak
So Xavier has 16 xp to work with then. I think I'll bank it because I have some thins I may want to save up for shifty

REXXXX
You actually have 18xp to work with.

Newjak
Originally posted by REXXXX
You actually have 18xp to work with. Ok then thank you stick out tongue

REXXXX
Decided what to do with my xp.

Gonna spend 8xp to buy a second Gun schtick, Carnival of Carnage.

Then gonna spend 3xp to buy a Pilot schtick, Favorite Ride (his favored ship being his Heavy Starfighter, Conquering Paladin).

General Zink
If I bought out my Defense deficit, would it take all 14xp, Ush?

Bardock42
I put my updated character in the character creation thread. Hope that all works.

Peach
16xp total for me, then, which means I only need 8 more to raise my Force rating.

w00t That should be fairly easy to accomplish.

General Kaliero
Alright. I'm gonna use 13xp to Master Co-ordination, Ush.

Peach
Hmmmm. Looking at my sheet in the thread on here, unless that is inaccurate (and I don't have anything to check it off of, unfortunately...), I count that I have 11 Force powers, and according to the creation thread, a Pariah has 9 by default. So, um, that's two more, not the three that you said I've gotten in the xp-spending post on the last page, Ush.

Any idea what's up with that?

Ushgarak
Ok, fair enough. Rianna can get 5 extra xp on that basis.

Peach
...that works!

Only need a few more to hit my goal...sweet...now I'm going to be determined to get those last few points during the Interlude big grin

Lord Melkor
Sorry, where can I find how many experience points I have right now?

Newjak
Last page Ush made a post, and all I need is 6 more xp to get what I want big grin

Bardock42
Originally posted by Lord Melkor
Sorry, where can I find how many experience points I have right now?

I think you have 12.

HereticalDruid
Azarl is going to spend 12xp getting Perfect Strike, and stowing 4xp until after the Interlude.

Ushgarak
Okidokey! We'll kick things off soon...

Ushgarak
Incidentally, the bonus xp I am giving for Retrospection overrides any previous bonuses I talked about giving, so I have to renounce those skill bonuses I am afraid.

Newjak
So that means I've lost Seduction?

Ushgarak
The problem is disproportion; some people were getting a much bigger reward than others for the same effort.

But you have received 6xp, which is more than the value of Seduction. You could buy it straight back and still have 2 extra.

Ushgarak
Meanwhile! It is time for the fun to start!

The various prisoners have been herded into the crater. Some prostate themselves at various points, begging for mercy. Some take a station closer to the crater's edge, perhaps looking to make a break for it through the cordon of guards once they are distracted by the spectacle. Some stand quiet, hard to judge. Some stand in the centre, yelling defiance.

Wait. One in the centre is yelling out instructions now. he is ordering some into formation; a circle.

-

The crater is split into five zones- four cardinal edges and the centre. You can enter at any edge; there is roughly even spread of wimps, runners, loners and fighters.

Traditionally, a wimp scores 1 whilst any other type scores two. Double points for killing one without using a sabre... but any damage you receive here is not simulated!

A bonus xp available for first place! But we're in it for the fun, really.

But who is actually going in? The mindset here is not suitable for all of you. Let's hear volunteers.

Newjak
Xavier is definitely going in.

He looks over the mass. He is impressed by the leadership and organization of the one in the middle. He takes his time casting his robe of to the side as he enters in at the closest edge to them and Firak.

He uses his senses with the Force to locate the runners and loners. He is more itnerested in seeing what the loners do while wanting to kill the runners.

Bardock42
Con will also go in. He's most interested in competing with his fellow darksiders and doesn't see the point in prolonging this phase anyways.

In the past he also noticed that it increased the respect amongst his men if he had taken part in the games.

Peach
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Incidentally, the bonus xp I am giving for Retrospection overrides any previous bonuses I talked about giving, so I have to renounce those skill bonuses I am afraid.

Meh okay that's fine. Rather have the xp to hoard at the moment.

And pfffft. Need you even ask? Of course Rianna is going in.

Newjak
Question: Is that guy in the center the one Firak was talking about?

Ushgarak
It pains you to admit it... actually no it doesn't. You can't tell one from the other, really.

REXXXX
Galder is going in. He intends to wreak havoc everywhere he can.

General Zink
Rand will be going in, though he will withdraw once things stop going his way.

Can we get Medicine rolls between segments of the Day?

General Kaliero
Dak is, of course, going in.

He makes a spectacle of himself as he lets his robe fall, stretching his arms out wide before a flick of his wrists activates the white sabers that seem to materialize in his hands.

Newjak
"So what kind of lot will you be going after Dak?"

General Kaliero
"All of them. Can't tell them apart anyway."

Ushgarak
There's a new system for healing that I shall insert into the main rules first!

Ok then, put it this way... anyone NOT going in?

Newjak
"Good point"

Peach
Originally posted by Ushgarak
There's a enw system for healing that I shall insert into the main rules first!

Ok then, put it thisw ay... anyone NOT going in?
Somehow, I doubt it...

Bardock42
Azarl perhaps? Or Melkor?

HereticalDruid
I will not be entering the crater. Azarl is content to observe, and perhaps hunt down and kill those that try to escape the crater.

Lord Melkor
Can Gallador start by observing and enter the crater after some time?

"Let`s these brutes do the slaughter, Azarl, we should watch and learn. It is quite interesting that one of them orders others.... most likely they know him, Firak's tribe perhaps?"

Ushgarak
Treatment rules are now up. Unfortunately, Epireus base is not decked out as a hospital (any facilities Doon had in that way wore out a while back) so unless you improve that later, you cannot get the triple heal here. You can always get the double, however, when near it. You will get one treatment point between each round.

Bardock42
Will we get fully healed at the end of the interlude?

Ushgarak
Yes; that is a Heal All point effectively.

Ushgarak
Let's get this show on the road!

New notation:

Name (Fighting skill) Defence/damage (Force points remaining)

-----

DODGE THE DARK SIDER- Start of turn 0

-

Crater North

Wimps x6: 0

Runners x5 (C6): 0

Loners x5 (C6): 0

Crater East

Wimps x5: 0

Runners x6 (C6): 0

Loners x5 (C6): 0

Crater South

Loners x6 (C6): 0

Crater West

Loners x6 (C6): 0

Crater Centre

Leader: ?

Fighters x15 (C6): 0

Galder (LS 11) 1/0 (5F)

Rand (LS 10) 1/0 (10F)

Rianna (LS 10) 1/0 (5F)

Xavier (LS 10) 1/0 (5F)

Con (LS 9) 1/0 (7F)

Dak (LS 10) 1/0 (5F)

-----

What I need from you guys is an entry point and your three active schtricks please!

Newjak
Xavier will go into the East with BG CL and PS loaded.

Bardock42
Con will go North and he will use his gun initially and have the schticks Cleave Othodox Guard and Carnival or Carnage in.

Ushgarak
Oh, zero points for using guns! If you wanted to shoot them down from afar there'd be no point entering the crater- no point in the contest at all. No, you do this job up close.

Bardock42
Ah alright, well then all my Schticks in. And still North.

Peach
Rianna will go in at the East point, and for a bit of reckless destruction, I'll have Forward Guard, Cleave, and Perfect Strike in.

General Kaliero
Dak will enter at the West point, with Forward Guard, Cleave, and Charge in.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>