Robocop vs. Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
I recently watched Robocop for the first time in years and, for some reason, I figured this might be an interesting match.

Robocop is recruited from OCP by the GCPD to hunt down Batman after his "alleged" murder of Harvey Dent at the end of The Dark Knight film. Robo is in Gotham and spies the Batmobile. Robo whips out the big cannon-ass weapon that he used to kill the ED-209 at the end of the Robo film. The Batmobile is destroyed, along with the spare Bat-pod. Bats, upon emerging from the rubble, sees Robo reaching into his leg for his piece. Bats throws a Batarang at Robo, hitting him in the visor, and inadvertently messes up Robos targeting system, so Robo cannot auto lock onto targets (If he did, this would be spite). Batman has all of his batarangs, cables, and gizmos. Robo has his piece, and, of course, his cyborg strength and durability.

Fight takes place at the same street intersection where Joker crashed the 18 wheeler. Batman, obviously, has nowhere to grapple onto to fly away and hide. There are cars and Batmobile rubble for cover.

Is this fight even? I apologize, but my thread ideas as of late have been lackluster. I need to find some fresh ideas.

Robtard
Hope you watched the directors cut, if not, you suck.

If Batman gets to use the Tumbler, he has a chance. Otherwise, Robocop shoots him in the face, with perfect aim.

Impediment
What did I just say? Robo cant auto-lock. Batman has cars & shit for cover.

Ass.

And, yeah. The DC was AWESOME!! Murphy got F*CKED UP!!

Rogue Jedi
Did Robo autolock on all his amazing marksmanship feats?

Impediment
I'm.......pretty sure?

I mean, he is a effing cyborg. One would think that his peripheral vision and depth perception is kinda screwed after his horrible ordeal.

Blinky
From what I remember from the first RoboCop, his fight with ED 209 (and getting hit with thousands of rounds- by cops) f*cked-up his targeting system. After the battle, Louis (sp) helped him adapt and he easily adjusted to the errors in his targeting system. So - he has experience shooting without auto-target and had great aim. Batman is pumped full of lead.

BTW- The murphy death scene is beyond f*cking brutal - top notch.

Impediment
Not that I'm trying to seem fanboy-ish here, but even if Bats, with his ninja speed/reflexes, hides behind cover?

Rogue Jedi
Hmm, interesting.

Blinky
Originally posted by Impediment
Not that I'm trying to seem fanboy-ish here, but even if Bats, with his ninja speed/reflexes, hides behind cover?

Due to movie magic -- Robo's side piece has unlimited ammo and is fully automatic... Wayne's ninja skills can't help him dodge hundreds of bullets.

Rogue Jedi
Mhm, we established that in the McClane/Batman thread.

Blinky
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Mhm, we established that in the McClane/Batman thread.

Sarcasm? Hard to tell with you, RJ.

Impediment
Just for fun, here is the uncut Murphy death scene:

VclFEwUGdY0

Impediment
Originally posted by Blinky
Due to movie magic -- Robo's side piece has unlimited ammo and is fully automatic... Wayne's ninja skills can't help him dodge hundreds of bullets.

Does Robo, indeed, have unlimited ammo? I was never quite sure.

Rogue Jedi
Dude at the end who got toxic waste spilled on him then ran over was better.

Robtard
What did I just say? Robo cant auto-lock. Batman has cars & shit for cover.

Ass.

And, yeah. The DC was AWESOME!! Murphy got F*CKED UP!!

Like I read the whole thread before I responded, who does that!? You go aTm.

In that case, if Robo has ****ed up targeting and Batman has his sticky-bomb gun and ample cover to dart around from, he has a decent chance.

Rogue Jedi
Makes sense that Robo has some sort of onboard repair program. Like if his targeting system is ****ed, it repairs it.

Robtard
Makes sense that Robo has some sort of onboard repair program. Like if his targeting system is ****ed, it repairs it.

No, he goes to the shop for repairs.

Lewis physically helped him make the corrections/adjustments, with her aiming skills.

Rogue Jedi
Oh well, it was a theory. He should have it IMO.

Blinky
So nobody thinks that even without his targeting system he could tag Batman? I think that given the fact that his sidearm can shoot hundreds of rounds (without reloading), probability is on Robo's side. His targeting system wouldn't be dead on -- that does NOT mean it would be shot totally to shit.

Impediment
My point was that Robo is not a targeting God without his auto-target function.

Louis did, in fact, help him, but only in such a circumstance.

Blinky
I'll admit right now, I'm a bit of a Robo fanboy -- hence why I think he will eventually tag Batman.

Darth Martin
Eventually ag Batman? RoboCop would destroy Batman. His targeting is insane and Batman has nothing in his aresenal to put him down.

Sadako of Girth
"Ooooooooooooh! Guns...guns...GUNS.........!!!!"

Even without autoaim, I think Murphy takes this.

Then, after he has throughly ventilated Wayne, he spins his Auto-9 around with that cool whip-whip-whip noise, neatly holsters it in his leg, and starts reading the corpse his miranda.

"Can you flyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Bobby...?!"

Robtard
So nobody thinks that even without his targeting system he could tag Batman? I think that given the fact that his sidearm can shoot hundreds of rounds (without reloading), probability is on Robo's side. His targeting system wouldn't be dead on -- that does NOT mean it would be shot totally to shit.

He's got a good chance, as it's a machine-gun, but Batman has evaded that kind of fire. So?

But considering Robo's ****ed aim, his slow overall speed and Batman having cover, a bullet resistant suit and that sticky-bomb gun (along with many more gadgets), Batman could take him down.

I'm split, leaning towards Robocop winning with a massive unload around the face-area that clips off Wayne's lips and leaves him with a rictus.

Robtard
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth

Then, after he has throughly ventilated Wayne, he spins his Auto-9 around with that cool whip-whip-whip noise, neatly holsters it in his leg, and starts reading the corpse his miranda.

Kurtwood Smith played a great villain: "Bitches, leave." -Clarence Boddicker

BruceSkywalker
loved the first RoboCop, I hope the remake is decent...

As many of you know, I love Batman big grin stick out tongue , but he loses here sad

Rogue Jedi
My point was that Robo is not a targeting God without his auto-target function.

Louis did, in fact, help him, but only in such a circumstance. Surely he retains some of his knowledge of firearms, his targeting skill when he was flesh and blood Murphy.

Ms.Marvel
out of curiosity when has batman ever evaded automatic gunfire from a trained professional in a situation that didnt evolve him simply getting the drop on the guy be it via sonar or using the darkness?

Rogue Jedi
Never.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth

Robocop 2 haermm He starts reading a guy his rights, Lois is all like 'MURPHY HE'S DEAD!' And then just goes'...oh' and just drops the guy, loved that scene, plus the guy was clearly dead so big grin

Anyways robo wins this, I dunno what exactly batman is going to do here, kicking him wouldn't do anything, remember when that guy tried kicking murphy in the balls and damn near broke his foot? If batman were to use his sticky gun bomb thing or whatever that was chances are he could beat Robo but thats if he managed to dodge the bullets Murphy is shooting. Robo's been hit by a truck before and that didn't seem to do anything, he got rammed into a street pole at high speeds, he just got straight back up, remember when he took on robocop 2? He got the shizzle kicked outta him and seemed to be in not such a bad shape at the end, damn he even fell off the top of a building, whats to say he isn't gonna just grab batman then jump off a building with him, sure batmans fallen off buildings and been fine, but if robo landed on him then he's not gonna survive that. Robocop wins this, even if his targeting is messed up he's a pretty good shot and i don't see batman being able to do much here

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
out of curiosity when has batman ever evaded automatic gunfire from a trained professional in a situation that didnt evolve him simply getting the drop on the guy be it via sonar or using the darkness?

In Batman's world the people who have guns ARE trained professionals

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Robtard

-W6cT3Tvu9g

Sadako of Girth

Indeed he did..
Excellent persona and his lines are Shakespearean in their epicness.
Never does a day go by without quoting from the book of Boddicker round my neck of the woods..

Now just give me my f**king phonecallllllllllllll....
*Spits blood on form*

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by steverules_2
Robocop 2 haermm He starts reading a guy his rights, Lois is all like 'MURPHY HE'S DEAD!' And then just goes'...oh' and just drops the guy, loved that scene, plus the guy was clearly dead so big grin

Anyways robo wins this, I dunno what exactly batman is going to do here, kicking him wouldn't do anything, remember when that guy tried kicking murphy in the balls and damn near broke his foot? If batman were to use his sticky gun bomb thing or whatever that was chances are he could beat Robo but thats if he managed to dodge the bullets Murphy is shooting. Robo's been hit by a truck before and that didn't seem to do anything, he got rammed into a street pole at high speeds, he just got straight back up, remember when he took on robocop 2? He got the shizzle kicked outta him and seemed to be in not such a bad shape at the end, damn he even fell off the top of a building, whats to say he isn't gonna just grab batman then jump off a building with him, sure batmans fallen off buildings and been fine, but if robo landed on him then he's not gonna survive that. Robocop wins this, even if his targeting is messed up he's a pretty good shot and i don't see batman being able to do much here

Yeah that cracks me up everytime I see it. An often underrated movie RC2. Not quite as good as 1, but way better than 3.

And yes its this endurance/defensiveness that makes me agree with yourself and Robtard that the sticky bomb ambush might be Batman's only chance, based off of the durability seen from Murphy in the Robocop movies.

I'd like to see batman run the Robocop 1 gauntlet, the scene of enduring thousands of armour piercing bullets at the hands of the cops alone would take him out, id think....and the battle with ED-209 in OCP towers just prior to all of that...

Robtard
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel

The Asians guarding that shifty Chinaman. They had automatics, he evaded and ****ed their shit up.

It's night in this scenario too.

Rogue Jedi
She means FULL auto, like machine gun fire. And they were not "trained pros", not how you are implying. They had handguns, dude.

Robtard
She means FULL auto, like machine gun fire. And they were not "trained pros", not how you are implying. They had handguns, dude.

I recall machine-gun fire and those guys weren't just goons, that Chinaman was a gangster with tons of cash, stands to reason he'd hire pros to protect his ass.

Rogue Jedi
Pretty sure it was regular semi auto handguns. I;ll watch it again and see.

Yes, they were trained, but not like Robo, or McClane, or SEU Smith.....get it?

Robtard
Robocop isn't trained, he's programmed and in this scenario, his aim is compromised.

Rogue Jedi
But deep down he is still Murphy, and knows how to use a gun, police training and shit. That cannot be taken away.

Robtard
But deep down he is still Murphy, and knows how to use a gun, police training and shit. That cannot be taken away.

Yeah, he does. Being a cop doesn't make you super-marksman-of-the-year though.

Those Chinaman bodyguards that tried to shoot Batman probably have better training.

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
In Batman's world the people who have guns ARE trained professionals

no expression

Blinky
But being a cop with cybernetic enhancements to sight and sound will help out a shit-load. Even if Robo's auto-target is shitty all he has to do is spray bullets into any car that Batman is hiding behind, It'll blow-up (like always happens in movies) and Batman gets blown up -- If Brucey is still alive Robo sprays some more and eventually tags him.

As for the China-men... completely difference scenario where Brucey was able to use the dark and stelth to evade the china-men. Here Robo already knows where he is and Batty has nowhere to run.

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, he does. Being a cop doesn't make you super-marksman-of-the-year though.

Those Chinaman bodyguards that tried to shoot Batman probably have better training. Mhm, just like Hans's terrorists had better training than an NYPD detective. See what I did there?

Rogue Jedi
In Batman's world the people who have guns ARE trained professionals crylaugh crylaugh crylaugh

Robtard
Mhm, just like Hans's terrorists had better training than an NYPD detective. See what I did there?

They probably did, overall, as they were likely ex-military. But McClane is resourceful, used his environment and waged a guerrilla war.

Murphy as a cop didn't show 2% of the savvy McClane has. If we replace Murphy with McClane, there would be no Robocop, he'd have punched the negro, kicked the Chinaman, headbutted Emil and shot Clarence in the face. /roll credits.

Blinky

Murphy as a cop didn't show 2% of the savvy McClane has. If we replace Murphy with McClane, there would be no Robocop, he'd have punched the negro, kicked the Chinaman, headbutted Emil and shot Clarence in the face. /roll credits.

Nah, Murphy let them shoot him to pieces -- he was silly like that.

BTW: The Chiman is not the issue here.

Rogue Jedi
They probably did, overall, as they were likely ex-military. But McClane is resourceful, used his environment and waged a guerrilla war.

Way to ignore my point. roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

Robtard
Way to ignore my point. roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

What was your point?

BruceSkywalker
as i have thought about this... Batman use bomb gun, blows up Robo/the end

crylaugh crylaugh crylaugh

since i am GOING BY WHAT I HAVE SEEN ONSCREEN and since movie villains differ in every single movie

Robtard
Nah, Murphy let them shoot him to pieces -- he was silly like that.

BTW: The Chiman is not the issue here.

It was really Lewis' fault. If she was professional and hadn't starred at the black-guys cock, she wouldn't have been knocked-out and Murphy wouldn't have been taken from the rear.

Lesson learned, women shouldn't be cops.

The proper nomeclature is Asian-American, dude.

Robtard

Those bombs weren't all that powerful. He'd have to hit him right in the mouth.

Rogue Jedi
What was your point?

That the asians henchmen were typical henchmen, nothing more.

Rogue Jedi

since i am GOING BY WHAT I HAVE SEEN ONSCREEN and since movie villains differ in every single movie

What exactly was the explosive in Bat's sticky bombs? C4?

Not every gun weilding villian/criminal in the Batman movies were trained pros, dude. Jeez. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Rogue Jedi
Those bombs weren't all that powerful. He'd have to hit him right in the mouth. Exactly. Whats that word I am looking for?

Robtard
Exactly. Whats that word I am looking for?

Cock? That's probably what you're looking for.

BruceSkywalker
Those bombs weren't all that powerful. He'd have to hit him right in the mouth.

true, but all he has to do is incapacitate Robo using them and then finish Robo off using his excellent martial arts skills which he displayed very well in TDK, but Rob do you know if we are strictly using TDK here or should I wait to ask Matt when he comes in??

Robtard
true, but all he has to do is incapacitate Robo using them and then finish Robo off using his excellent martial arts skills which he displayed very well in TDK, but Rob do you know if we are strictly using TDK here or should I wait to ask Matt when he comes in??

LoL, h2h skills won't do shit to a half-ton cyborg.

BruceSkywalker
LoL, h2h skills won't do shit to a half-ton cyborg.

in the beginning yes very true, but if Batman is successful using his bomb gun and stealth which he should be since Robo's targeting sensors are fracked up, Robo will be incapacitated enough for Batman to end the match..

Blinky
in the beginning yes very true, but if Batman is successful using his bomb gun and stealth which he should be since Robo's targeting sensors are fracked up, Robo will be incapacitated enough for Batman to end the match..

Hahahaahhahahaah!... No.

Blinky

Robtard

Blinky
Pretty skull they didn't mean his face, as it was still his skin, for certain.

Of course-- they wanted to keep his pretty mouth.

Rogue Jedi
Hahahaahhahahaah!... No. Getting deep in here.

Martial arts against Robocop? Excuse me for a minute............

crylaugh

WickedDynamite
Robocop got pwned by a little boy in the sequel.

Batman FTW.

Rogue Jedi
roll eyes (sarcastic) Batman got pwned by a chick in a catsuit.

WickedDynamite
roll eyes (sarcastic) Batman got pwned by a chick in a catsuit.

Dude, if I you were cold, horny, and tired she'd pwned you as well.

Blinky
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
Robocop got pwned by a little boy in the sequel.

Batman FTW.

Look Robo is a sucker for kids -- that greasy little bastard used that against him and caught him off guard.

WickedDynamite
Look Robo is a sucker for kids -- that greasy little bastard used that against him and caught him off guard.

Robophile?!

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
Dude, if I you were cold, horny, and tired she'd pwned you as well. But I'm not the Bat.......man.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.