Most Disturbing Moment in a Game

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jello
So yeah, what moment or moments or elements in a game just completely skeeved you?

Personally I think nothing will ever top Giygas in Earthbound/Mother 2.

Darth Jello
i guess i should have pluralized the thread title as "moments".

My other top elements or moments would be the following-
Legion/Nuculaius and the whole fleshy basement with demonic fetuses in the Garibaldi Temple from Castlevania Curse of Darkness
Granfalloon/Legion from Symphony of the Night
Beelzebub from Symphony of the Night
Fetal Zombies from Castlevania Chronicles
The Lance Bean battle from Contra Shattered Soldier
Alien fetuses from Super Contra and Super C
Armaghoma from Twilight Princess
The Twilight theme from Twilight Princess
Tourian theme from the Metroid games, the Super Metroid arrangement being the most.
The original NES arrangement of the corridor theme from Metroid

Demonic Phoenix
MK Fatalities. I was 7 when I first did one of SZ's fatalities in MK4 >__>.

ArtificialGlory
Most stuff in Silent Hill was disturbing as hell.

Darth Jello
Can anything match Giygas?

BackFire
The school area in the original Silent Hill.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Can anything match Giygas?

I've seen more disturbing things in my toilet, but then again, different strokes for different folks.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by BackFire
The school area in the original Silent Hill.

I nearly crapped myself when I exited the clock tower and everything changed to the 'Hell' world. Also, the creepy music that starts playing.

Darth Jello
Worse than a room based on an outstretched Vagina and Cervix housing a boss that' a distorted ultrasound image of a fetus based on the creator's childhood trauma after walking into a film and witnessing a rape and murder?

Sin_Volvagia
Let's see:

(not in any order)

1. Xenosaga Ep. 1
-The gnosis/girl hybrid

2. Xenosaga Ep.2
-Febronia's sisters (or what's left of them)

3. Postal 2
-The whole game

4. Resident Evil 4
-Hunk snapping a Ganado's neck (I'm sorry, it just looks real nasty)

5. Eternal Darkness
The paintings in the monk's scenario and the bathtub scene.

6. MK: Shaolin Monks
-Kung Lao's ground buzzsaw hat fatality

I'm expecting more once I play Dante's Inferno.

BackFire
There was also this PC game I played some years back, where you assassinate JFK. The whole thing is very eerie.

Nemesis X
I was disturbed when Pyramid Head raped a Mannequin creature in SH2.

Watching a fight between two Voldo's in SCIV can look real awkward.

Seeing Jill hanging on a wall while a horde of zombies get their hands on her and...if anyone has played RE3, you get the idea of what I'm trying to say here. That scene was just awkward.

AsbestosFlaygon

Personally I think nothing will ever top Giygas in Earthbound/Mother 2.
Ditto.

One of the weirdest things I've seen in video games.. and the concept behind the creation of that thing is freaky as hell!

Kazenji
Worse than a room based on an outstretched Vagina and Cervix housing a boss that' a distorted ultrasound image of a fetus based on the creator's childhood trauma after walking into a film and witnessing a rape and murder?

That may be the story behind it but the image that you see in the game is'nt nothing special.

Spartan005
I remember playing Turok (2 or 3, not sure) when I was like 8 years old, and in this one part you follow this gigantic streak of blood across a city block to see this monster/alien thing eating a person alive. creeped me out

EDIT: looked it up on youtube and found it lol. apparently he was dead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE5nCsUiR_M

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Kazenji
That may be the story behind it but the image that you see in the game is'nt nothing special.
If you look at it closely, the swirly things resemble a fetus.

That is disturbing, and to think that EarthBound is a G-rated game.

Kazenji
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
If you look at it closely, the swirly things resemble a fetus.

I did'nt get it that

all i get is a weird looking demon.

AsbestosFlaygon
This pretty much sums up EarthBound and the Giygas fight..

"The storyline is also pretty messed up when a lot of it seems cartoony and colourful.

The four characters commit suicide so their souls can go backwards to be transplanted into robots for the final fight."

Darth Jello
http://walkthrough.starmen.net/earthbound/image/screens/47/giygaseye.png

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/8820/fetusgiygasvw9.jpg

AsbestosFlaygon
I remember that first form from Giygas..

Always wondered what that face was, then I figured out it was Ness' face.

Darth Jello
he looked like mewto in a life support egg in the first game.

Scythe
Haha

MooCowofJustice
Ocarina of Time when Link meets the shade who runs the Ghost shop. The shade says:

"If I looked as good as you I could run a different kind of business. Hehe..."

Darth Jello
The ReDeads are pretty disturbing in Ocarina and Majora's Mask in and of themselves. Their design reminds me of the frightening "mummified bog man" from a Games produced Ren and Stimpy cartoon called Hermit Ren.

Hitosu Moriko
when i was 5 the aftermath of kicking Vega's ass in street fighter it looked like his face peeled off

rabidd909
I think it was in devil may cry 2 when Dante was impaled by his sword then it was pulled all the through. I was kinda shocked the first time I saw it.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by rabidd909
I think it was in devil may cry 2 when Dante was impaled by his sword then it was pulled all the through. I was kinda shocked the first time I saw it.

DMC1

Dante was never stabbed in DMC2

BackFire
Also the airport scene in Modern Warfare 2.

As well as harvesting your first Little Sister in Bioshock.

Nemesis X
I was disturbed by that woman fused with a carnivorous alien in Prey.

Zack Fair
AtrJTn6hd8c

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Zack Fair
AtrJTn6hd8c

sad

I need to go play Silent Hill.

Ridley_Prime
Disturbing scenes in a game? I believe this pretty much sums it up for me, and I was a lot younger when I first played this part too, so yeah.

4wIuHe5hZEs

I hate "hearing voices". x_x

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Disturbing scenes in a game? I believe this pretty much sums it up for me, and I was a lot younger when I first played this part too, so yeah.

4wIuHe5hZEs

I hate "hearing voices". x_x

Jesus christ that brought back horrible memories when I played Doom 3.

Other than voices, the babies freaked me out the most. Hearing them behind the door saying "momma" and when you sometimes turn around, you see a toddler fused with mechanical and demon parts. I saw that when I was eight and that was probably the first time I ever swore. When I saw them for the first time, I shouted "HOLY S***!!!"

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, I know what you mean...

But what can ya say? Doom 3 is evil incarnate. 131

Nemesis X
Yeah, I know what you mean...

But what can ya say? Doom 3 is evil incarnate. 131

It's impossible to feel sane after finishing the game. Glad I didn't. It really is evil incarnate. Makes Dead Space and Silent Hill look like wussies.

Sin_Volvagia
pxnIxMR17n4

If you look closely, you can see tears running down its face.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Makes Dead Space and Silent Hill look like wussies.
True that. Most of Doom 3 takes place in Hell too, adding on to what I last said there.

Gotta say, ActiVision really outdid themselves in making it a more horrifying experience than the two original/classic Doom games.

Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
pxnIxMR17n4

If you look closely, you can see tears running down its face.
I know, creepy. I was thinking about posting that vid too, but it didn't leave behind nearly as much an impact for me as the "They took my baby" thing. stick out tongue

Ironic how that's also the first part in the game where you encounter a Lost Soul. I guess Lost Souls generally possess people's bodies and make their heads detach. The Doomguy is immune to being possessed by demons though for reasons related to plot.

Nemesis X
True that. Most of Doom 3 takes place in Hell too, adding on to what I last said there.

Gotta say, ActiVision really outdid themselves in making it a more horrifying experience than the two original/classic Doom games

I'm kinda surprised Doom 3 wasn't remade for the 360. Some games that do extremely well like that would make a return but instead there's a sequel that hasn't had any info leaked for the past friggin two years.

I was also disturbed by the corpses in Doom 3. I just walk down what looks like an innocent hallway when suddenly, I get a corpse dangling right in front me, the hallway turns dark red and I swear I hear a faint evil laughter coming from the corpse.

Ridley_Prime
I'm kinda surprised Doom 3 wasn't remade for the 360. Some games that do extremely well like that would make a return but instead there's a sequel that hasn't had any info leaked for the past friggin two years.
Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil (an expansion to the original) was for the 360 though, and it was said that Doom 4 will be on 360 (and PS3) as well whenever it's supposed to come out.

And less leaked info = less possibility for spoilers before I play the game
So I'm not complainin'.

Still hoping it'll have co-op though like the first Doom on XBL Arcade had, and an even cooler BFG 9000.

I was also disturbed by the corpses in Doom 3. I just walk down what looks like an innocent hallway when suddenly, I get a corpse dangling right in front me, the hallway turns dark red and I swear I hear a faint evil laughter coming from the corpse.
Yeah. I remember that happening a lot, and although it sometimes gave a false alarm, it was still intimidating.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Zack Fair
AtrJTn6hd8c
That wasn't disturbing.. it was funny.

ArtificialGlory
Hmm. Doom 3 never even came close to Silent Hill for me. It sometimes made you jump, but that's not the same as 'disturbing' or even 'scary'.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
That wasn't disturbing.. it was funny.

Whatever you say, freakazoid.

SaTsuJiN
Fighters Destiny - Ushi the cow .. -_-

xl2FVGtyUN8

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN

xl2FVGtyUN8

Almost as gay as Dark Kahn.

Darth Jello
I thought the NES version of Nightmare from Castlevania III was pretty disturbing.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN

xl2FVGtyUN8
Haha, I remember that. I sometimes used him against friends for kicks. He was pretty tough to unlock though, but not nearly as tough to unlock as the Joker, who I don't think I ever got...

And no, I don't mean the Batman's Joker.

Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Almost as gay as Dark Kahn.
Indeed, but at least Ushi was funny. stick out tongue

Nemesis X
I'm disturbed whenever I see transvestites in some of the Final Fantasy games. Seriously, there are characters I can't tell if they're man or woman and that ain't right. The more transvestites I see, the more I think the title Final Fantasy should be changed to Final Transvesty.

Darth Jello
EVA's sleep talking and medical records in MGS3. Apparently she loves her dog waaaay too much and also has not yet discovered water-based lubricant.

Nemesis X
I'm disturbed by Chun Li's legs. When she's outside her outfit, they look like normal, plain legs but whenever she puts on that iconic outfit, her legs are all freakishly muscular. Just how the heck is she doing that?

Allankles
The most disturbing thing I've witnessed in gaming are probably the headcrab zombies in Half life 2.

I remember being affected by what can only be described as sorrow when I heard their tormented cries.

I guess you've got to be really into the story, but I've never quite been affected by a hostile npc like that.

Sin_Volvagia
I'm disturbed by Chun Li's legs. When she's outside her outfit, they look like normal, plain legs but whenever she puts on that iconic outfit, her legs are all freakishly muscular. Just how the heck is she doing that?

I don't see that disturbing. I actually find that sexy.

Darth Jello
Nobody is disturbed by the fact that Big Boss had sex in-game with a woman whose in game medical records denote a condition primarily associated with multiple STDs and/or rough and/or unlubricated anal sex and that same woman, whom it is implied in game had sex with dogs, is the mother of Solid, Liquid, and Solidus Snake?

Ban Mido
sfUhWPKMtEc

this ;o

steverules_2
System shock 2, you hear the voices of zombies every now and then and I looked around saw nothing, turned around to use the lift and there was right in front of me and I swear i neally shit myself I was not expecting...shot the hell out of it with my pistol, not exactly disturbing but still....

I think some of the things I saw in Jericho were quite disturbing but i wasn't at all surprised since the story was by clive barker. Some of gears of war 2, Doms wife and that guy who kills himself due to the torture he'd been through

-Pr-
Chun Li's thighs = hotness.

I guess the only time i've ever been in any way uncomfortable playing a game is during Jedi Academy. Some guy made a mod called Movie Duels 2, which lets you re-enact parts of the saga. One of those levels is the Jedi Temple when Anakin decides to b*tch out and kill everyone, including the younglings.

Now, on it's own, it wouldn't be a problem, but when you factor in that the guy dubbed the younglings voices with actual children screams and wails as you cut them down, it does start to have a bit of an effect.

to put it in context, im the same person that will happily execute people with a bullet to the back of the head as they're crawling away in the airport scene in mw2 while laughing a tad maniacally.

Nemesis X
In Dead Space, seeing a room full of babies floating in containers was kinda disturbing and the ending with the Necromorph Nicole freaked me out.

Kris Blaze
Surprised no one has mentioned Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the earth. Plenty of frightening scenes there.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.