Odin and Thanos vs Monarch and Superman Prime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Peak versions of all.

No BFR.

Which powerful duo wins?

thanos-prime
Team 1

Omega Vision
Team 2. Monarch is too powerful.

Warlord
t1

Warlord
Originally posted by Omega Vision

couldn't take Prime out

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Warlord
couldn't take Prime out

Let's be honest he wasn't really trying

Galan007
couldn't take Prime out monarch spent the bulk of that battle antagonizing prime/not utilizing his powers efficiently. had he been fighting to "arena" standards, things would have been much different.

Omega Vision
couldn't take Prime out
Not a low feat in the slightest, it just goes to show you how tough Guardian amped Prime was. Beforehand Monarch beat three Supermen at once who were stronger than current Superman, one of them was nearing Pre-Crisis levels and the other one (Chris Kent) was even stronger. There's also the fact that he beat 50 alternate Captain Atoms at once and absorbed their power.

Warlord
IMO nothing odin couldn't duplicate

Lord Feron
Chris kent was that the guy with the S on his head?

xJLxKing
The baldy

Starscream M
Originally posted by Galan007
things would have been much different. you have no proof

Omega Vision
IMO nothing odin couldn't duplicate
I bet you also think Odin could destroy a Universe.

Warlord
I bet you also think Odin could destroy a Universe.

I bet you don't

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Starscream M
you have no proof

blink

at the end before Prime ripped off his armor he wasn't crying like: OH NOES I'M PHUCKED NAO!!!

He said something like: You fool it's supposed to protect YOU

Galan007
you have no proof read the four issues of "arena", then read "countdown" #13.

stevie wonder could see the difference in monarch's overall demeanor and application(s) of power.

Zeuodin
Monarch is Universe Buster. He beats Odin. Superman Prime beats Thanos. Thanos Ain't messing with Reality altering strength. And Speed so fast that he can escape the Actual Speed Dimension. Prime is on a whole other level.

The Nuul
Odin BFR Monarch.....

Galan007
^ odin is going to BFR a being who can hop through dimensions at will? no way, no how.

regardless, there is no BFR in this battle

Starscream M
^ odin is going to BFR a being who can hop through dimensions at will? no way, no how.

regardless, there is no BFR in this battle couldn't odin break monarch's armor by overloading him with energy?

Zeuodin
couldn't odin break monarch's armor by overloading him with energy? And Kill Himself and His partner in the process? leaving Superboy Prime as the lone person thus giving team two the victory.

Galan007
couldn't odin break monarch's armor by overloading him with energy? odin might very well find a way to eventually breach monarch's armor. but if that happens, they all lose.

imo.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Zeuodin
And Kill Himself and His partner in the process? leaving Superboy Prime as the lone person thus giving team two the victory. thanos would prob survive too, given his durability

Galan007
^ has thanos demonstrated the ability to survive a universe-busting explosion at ground zero?

Parmaniac
thanos would prob survive too, given his durability

you have no proof

Starscream M
^ has thanos demonstrated the ability to survive a universe-busting explosion at ground zero? no. but he could activate shields and also use Odin as a buffer. also, why would prime survive then?

Kris Blaze
Odin could breach Monarch's armour and that would serve them all no purpose. Other than a kamikaze attack. Though I see that's how the battle would end. Odin probably can't beat Monarch, but he can ruin his armour.

Galan007
also, why would prime survive then? because johns still needed to use him in "Lo3W" and "blackest night". DUH! uhuh

seriously though, based on previous showings prime should have never survived monarch's detonation. and to make things worse, nothing was ever stated/shown pertaining to how he survived.

Batman-Prime
^wasn't he saved by Time Trapper or someone else?

couldn't odin break monarch's armor by overloading him with energy?

The energy of Odin would only increase Monarchs own energy resource, if this is even possible. SBP attacked the Armor Physically, which might have been the only way to damage it enough. Odin doesn't have the strength to rip it apart. And Monarch wouldn't let Odin come close enough in an KMC fight.

I think that Monarch would solo this. Thanos would be a nonfactor here.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Thanos would be a nonfactor here. thanos is not much lower than odin himself...you're kidding yourself if you think he's a non-factor

Kris Blaze
The energy of Odin would only increase Monarchs own energy resource, if this is even possible. SBP attacked the Armor Physically, which might have been the only way to damage it enough. Odin doesn't have the strength to rip it apart. And Monarch wouldn't let Odin come close enough in an KMC fight.

I think that Monarch would solo this. Thanos would be a nonfactor here.
The green lantern was able to breach Monarch's armour temporarily. Monarch has not shown himself capable of absorbing someone as powerful as Odin either. He absorbed the energy of various captains atom with ambiguous showings -after- killing them.

Galan007
^wasn't he saved by Time Trapper or someone else? yeah, but that was after prime already survived the blast. TT merely snagged his unconscious body as it was hurling through the time stream, and sent it to earth-prime.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Been done before but this is a very good competitive fight. Saying Thanos is a non-factor is a joke. I personally believe he could beat Prime. Odin vs. Monarch is a great battle. As I said good fight.

Omega Vision
Prime is running out of doomsday attacks to take point blank and survive just as he's running out of prisons to escape. You know he'll escape Earth Prime sooner or later. Probably saying something like:
"Okay now I'll find the REAL Perfect Earth!"

Warlord
What if Odin tries a spell? Like timestop or something

Omega Vision
What if Odin tries a spell? Like timestop or something
That probably won't work on Prime who's pretty resistant to any and all forms of magic and even if it did work the main problem is I don't see Odin beating Monarch without also killing himself in the process.

Warlord
That probably won't work on Prime who's pretty resistant to any and all forms of magic and even if it did work the main problem is I don't see Odin beating Monarch without also killing himself in the process.

could work on monarch though.
he hasn't shown any degree of magic resistance.
If that approach is followed it can turn to a 2 vs 1

KuRuPT Thanosi

Lets not forget.. Odin's attack are mystical/magical in nature and could effect Prime. Plus, Odin or Thanos imo could also create some form of a red sun to further weaken prime. I don't think it would outright beat him but probably weaken him enough so that he eventually went down. Furthermore, if Prime is done.. and Monarch's armor then breached.. He is the first one to die and thus the team/individual would win. I believe either Thanos or Odin could bust Monarch's armor. Whether they would or not, is what makes it a good fight.

The Nuul
Didnt Odin turn Loki into a tree once? what about matter manip vs Monarch?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by The Nuul
Monarch is Quantum energy, that won't work. His matter manipulation is nothing to laugh at either.

Warlord
Monarch is Quantum energy, that won't work. His matter manipulation is nothing to laugh at either.

when has he shown matter manipulation?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Lets not forget.. Odin's attack are mystical/magical in nature and could effect Prime. Plus, Odin or Thanos imo could also create some form of a red sun to further weaken prime. I don't think it would outright beat him but probably weaken him enough so that he eventually went down. Furthermore, if Prime is done.. and Monarch's armor then breached.. He is the first one to die and thus the team/individual would win. I believe either Thanos or Odin could bust Monarch's armor. Whether they would or not, is what makes it a good fight.

1) Prime laughed off a blast from Mordru who IMO is in Odin's mystical weight class.

2) Guardian Amped Prime has more going for him than yellow sun radiation though that could potentially work.

3) I'm sure they'd have the power to breach Monarch's armor but that's not a win since neither of them could survive the resulting blast. Prime shouldn't have survived it either but hey its comics.

The Nuul
when has he shown matter manipulation?

Galan007
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Lets not forget.. Odin's attack are mystical/magical in nature and could effect Prime. prime was unfazed by mordru's attack. i'm hard-pressed to see odin's magics having much more of an affect.

what about matter manip vs Monarch? doubt it'd do much. monarch was literally catching attacks from alternate versions of firestorm, green lantern, captain atom, etc.

Warlord

doubt it'd do much. monarch was literally catching attacks from alternate versions of firestorm, green lantern, captain atom, etc.

all of them being energy attacks though. not mentioned to try affect his molecular state.

still a timestop spell could work IMO

Starscream M

doubt it'd do much. monarch was literally catching attacks from alternate versions of firestorm, green lantern, captain atom, etc. none of whom are anywhere near Odin's level

Omega Vision
all of them being energy attacks though. not mentioned to try affect his molecular state.

still a timestop spell could work IMO
How do you manipulate Quantum energy? Its not matter.

Warlord
How do you manipulate Quantum energy? Its not matter.

fine by me.
Since he is living energy (although I don't remember it being mentioned) mater manipulation is not an option.

timestop ftw

Galan007
still a timestop spell could work IMO it's possible. but how many on panel instances are there of odin freezing time mid-battle?

furthermore, it would be rather difficult to accomplish the aforementioned tactic, with monarch constantly on the offensive. imo.

Omega Vision
The real question is if Odin has the durability to survive Monarch's attacks.

Starscream M
The real question is if Odin has the durability to survive Monarch's attacks. he should...he is a high level skyfather after all

Warlord
it's possible. but how many times has odin frozen time mid-battle?

furthermore, it would be rather difficult to accomplish the aforementioned tactic, with monarch constantly on the offensive. imo.

IMO there are many characters who have abilities that would render comics boring if they were using them consistently (Flash-speedsteal for example).

I don't really know how many times he has done it but I know he has the option.

And since a spell needs only an instant to be cast, Odin needs to form a powerful shield to hold them back only for that instant.

Would that happen in a comic?
Most likely not. They most likely trade energy bolts until one of them is down.

I'm just exploring possible alternatives here.

Another one is Monarch going kamikaze killing everyone but Prime and team DC wins (highly unlikely too)

Warlord
The real question is if Odin has the durability to survive Monarch's attacks.

he was trading what was said to be universe shattering blows with Seth so I guess yes

Kris Blaze
He removed Thor's mouth once. He's done several strange things to Loki. Turned many asgardians into animals.
Prime has resisted magic from like, Black Adam? And that's magic added on to physical attacks. Aside from that it's the one time he took some weaker blasts from an incredibly unimpressive mordru. This is not evidence to support him somehow being able to resist Odin's attacks. He's no more or less resistant to that than he is to regular attacks. Which he, is highly durable against.
All beings are composed of energy. Whether it's a human or a being like Stardust. For someone with matter manipulation it doesn't matter(haw-som) what someone is made out of. But Monarch has matter manipulation on his own, it's a two-way street. Neither would be able to just transmute the other.

Galan007
he was trading what was said to be universe shattering blows with Seth so I guess yes blatant hyperbole.

Parmaniac
I'm waiting for a certain post related to matter manipulation...

Warlord
blatant hyperbole.

to put it that way then, if SBP can take his blows, I say Odin can as well

Galan007
to put it that way then, if SBP can take his blows, I say Odin can as well not counting his final 'detonation', monarch only blasted prime 4 different times. of those 4 energy attacks, the most impressive was compared to "a nuke", and failed to so much as destroy a city.
srsly

point being: we know monarch is capable of much more, based on his showings during the bludhaven affair, as well as "arena".

Warlord
not counting his final 'detonation', monarch only blasted prime 4 different times. of those 4 energy attacks, the most impressive was compared to "a nuke", and failed to so much as destroy a city.
srsly

point being: we know monarch is capable of much more, based on his showings during the bludhaven affair, as well as "arena".

I don't think he hurt anyone at odin's level in the "arena".

You think Odin could not take Monarch's regular blows?

Galan007
I don't think he hurt anyone at odin's level in the "arena".

You think Odin could not take Monarch's regular blows? i disagree.

i'm sure odin could take monarch's regular blows, initially. how long he could endure a repeated assault is the question.

Kris Blaze
i disagree.

i'm sure odin could take monarch's regular blows, initially. how long he could endure a repeated assault is the question.
Who in Arena was on Odin's level?

Starscream M
i disagree.

i'm sure odin could take monarch's regular blows, initially. how long he could endure a repeated assault is the question. why do you not ask how long Monarch can endure an assault from Odin...ie gugnir?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Who in Arena was on Odin's level?
Chris Kent was at least close. He treated Red Son Superman like he was barely a threat.

Warlord
i disagree.

he can take enough until he stops time...smile

ok two questions

who was on odin's level in arena

how many blows can Monarch take from odin

u see this can go both ways

Omega Vision
why do you not ask how long Monarch can endure an assault from Odin...ie gugnir?
What I want to know is how in the hell Odin beats Monarch without rupturing the suit.

Galan007
Who in Arena was on Odin's level? every captain atom in the multiverse.

why do you not ask how long Monarch can endure an assault from Odin...ie gugnir? because that was not the question at hand.

Kris Blaze
Chris Kent was at least close. He treated Red Son Superman like he was barely a threat.
Calling bullshit on this right here.

Chris Kent did little to display that he was actually that much stronger than the other Supermen. He sure did speak a lot and clearly had a greater understanding of his powers, but this does not suddenly make him leaps stronger than the other Superman. And honestly, to Odin Superman is a single half-assed energy blast. They are -not- comparable.
every captain atom in the multiverse.
That featless team was faaaaaar weaker than the sum of its parts, assuming said parts are anywhere -near- their Earth - 1 counterpart.

Galan007
how many blows can Monarch take from odin physical blows?

Starscream M

because that was not the question at hand. I detect a very one-sided analysis from you...

Galan007
That featless team was faaaaaar weaker than the sum of its parts, assuming said parts are anywhere -near- their Earth - 1 counterpart. if you're arguing that odin > every version of captain atom in the multiverse, i'm not going to indulge you. smile

Warlord
How individually a single CA is equal to Odin in terms of durability?

If I can unleash a blast that can kill colossus let's say it's easy for me to kill 100 of them. does that mean i can easily kill superman?

(ok the example is not the best but you get what I mean)

Warlord
physical blows?

mystical energy blows

Omega Vision
Assuming that every one of the Captain Atoms were just half as good as New Earth Atom then there's no way in hell Odin could even come close to their combined might.

Starscream M
physical blows? blows from gugnir

Warlord
Assuming that every one of the Captain Atoms were just half as good as New Earth Atom then there's no way in hell Odin could even come close to their combined might.

If odin can kill with one blast one CA I don't see why a omnidirectional blast won't kill 50 of them or so

Galan007
How individually a single CA is equal to Odin in terms of durability? the versions of captain atom were merely one example. there are also numerous accounts of monarch owning various supermen/GL's like weak feebs.

and before someone cries "featless", i implore you to remember monarch's reasoning for selecting characters to be part of the arena in the first place

Galan007
mystical energy blows i don't know. i've never been asked to numerically rate how many energy attacks 'this' character can endure from 'that' character.

blows from gugnir okay? confused

Starscream M

okay? confused so how many hits from gugnir do you suppose monarch can withstand?

one blow was enough to stagger the mighty thanos

Warlord
yes but as I said.
he never faced one single powerful opponent.
just bunches of weaklings (in comparison to him).
he never easily owned someone like darkseid let's say.

All I'm saying is: Odin could easily stomp gladiator. Wheather 1 or 50 won't make much of a difference to him

Overall I say Odin and Monarch are on the same level.
Should the stand there blast each other I can't say who will win.

Should Odin use a powerful spell, he may take this IMO

Warlord
i don't know. i've never been asked to numerically rate how many energy attacks 'this' character can endure from 'that' character.

ok, maybe if we rephrase in "how long can he endure" would be better

Galan007
so how many hits from gugnir do you suppose monarch can withstand?

one blow was enough to stagger the mighty thanos and? when prime was still guardian amped, his punches/HV left monarch's armor with no lasting damage. it was only when prime caught monarch by surprise, and was able to physically peel the armor, that it was breached.

Galan007
Overall I say Odin and Monarch are on the same level. i agree - never argued otherwise.

Warlord
ok boys and girls you can take it from here...gotta go
have a nice night, or whatever it is there.

Parmaniac
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/37815/881228-countdown13p05_super.jpg

Starscream M
and? when prime was still guardian amped, his punches/HV left monarch's armor with no lasting damage. it was only when prime caught monarch by surprise, and was able to physically peel the armor, that it was breached. are you implying prime's punches approximate the power of gugnir?

Galan007
i'm saying that if guardian amped prime's punches/HV could not so much as scratch monarch's armor, it's hard for me to believe odin's initial attacks would do much.

Kris Blaze
i agree - never argued otherwise.
Monarch's probably stronger than Odin.

Kris Blaze
if you're arguing that odin > every version of captain atom in the multiverse, i'm not going to indulge you. smile

You misunderstand. It doesn't matter how much power they have combined, if each of them is fairly easy to take out. 52 Supermen wouldn't stand a chance against Odin, because he can simply release enough energy to down all of them at the same time. If you combine the team into a single being, then it would be much more powerful. That's not how team-ups go unfortunately. The amalgam of 52 Captain Atoms is probably a far more challenging opponent than 52 guys blasting at random and accomplishing nothing.

Surfer could not scratch Odin. I don't see 10 Surfers blasting him at random intervals doing -any- damage either. But I do see the power of 10 Surfers combined, in one being, doing it.

supremthor
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t492963.html

Omega Vision
yes but as I said.
he never faced one single powerful opponent.
just bunches of weaklings (in comparison to him).
he never easily owned someone like darkseid let's say.

All I'm saying is: Odin could easily stomp gladiator. Wheather 1 or 50 won't make much of a difference to him

Overall I say Odin and Monarch are on the same level.
Should the stand there blast each other I can't say who will win.

Should Odin use a powerful spell, he may take this IMO
What's impressive is not just who he defeated in Arena but how easily he did it. Two Supermen (who were both stronger than current) and three Wonder Women at once were scarcely an annoyance to him, he swatted aside three GLs almost nonchalantly. To say he was even challenged once in the entire comic by anyone save for Chris Kent is foolish.

zeel

team 1

shokosugi
Team 1 dies.

quanchi112
Originally posted by shokosugi
Team 1 dies. Nah. Team 1 owns.

iceman24567
Team two for a majority.

quanchi112
Originally posted by iceman24567
Team two for a majority. How?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.