Colossus Vs The Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
Arm Wrestle, theres a scan somewhere here when they arm wrestled i cant seen to find it.

who wins

KingD19
Well, Colossus seemed like he would win, then Kitty distracted him. Nowadays, I think Colossus would win more often than not.

Battlehammer
Colossus, not to mention even if they were the same strength which they arnt, Colossus has pritty much endless stamina and does not need to eat or sleep.

Tha C-Master
Doesn't he have longer arms? We all know that plays a part.

Battlehammer
Thing would likely be better at it skill wises. Wasent he like an arm wrestling champ or something.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Doesn't he have longer arms? We all know that plays a part. more than their lifting strength that's for sure, arm wrestling is about technique and the strength of the arm itself.

the thing's arms are far larger, and his wrists are like a foot and a half in circumferance at least. i would put my money on him

chomperx9
colossus stronger than thing there for he wins armwrestling and in a fight

galactusischere
Big C

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Battlehammer
Colossus, not to mention even if they were the same strength which they arnt, Colossus has pritty much endless stamina and does not need to eat or sleep. not for ever... wink but he will outlast thing for shure......... big grin

KingD19
Well, Colossus actually doesn't need to eat or sleep in his metal form, he can last just about indefinitely.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by KingD19
Well, Colossus actually doesn't need to eat or sleep in his metal form, he can last just about indefinitely. .......Not in the Same way as Juggernaut could.... wink

-K-M-
This guy solos them both:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c133/A_Flight3/Pro_arm_wrestler.jpg

Starscream M
mungi, wtf?

-K-M-
Originally posted by Starscream M
mungi, wtf?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emkEFxx2Bns&feature=player_embedded#

Hes like a Fiddler Crab

Battlehammer
did he forget to work out his other arm lol

Starscream M
Originally posted by -K-M-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emkEFxx2Bns&feature=player_embedded#

Hes like a Fiddler Crab wow...with a monster forearm like that and he still loses...

Battlehammer
Wow I just read that he made his arm like that on purposes and it no natural defect.

KingD19
He's like Homer Simpson, who did the exact same thing for the exact same reason.

snoopdogg
Isn't Thing considered stronger nowadays though?

Battlehammer
Not to my knowledge, though it was sorta revealed he will keep getting stronger untill he dies. I am not even sure Things a class hundred.

snoopdogg
Not to my knowledge, though it was sorta revealed he will keep getting stronger untill he dies. I am not even sure Things a class hundred. When? If that's true he'll become stronger than anybody.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by snoopdogg
When? If that's true he'll become stronger than anybody.
During one of the recent arc by I believe mark miller. I think it was death of invisible women arc. He fought a future version of him self that was tossing him around and he was like how is this happening and I believe future Thing stated that he will keep getting stronger.

snoopdogg
Well, if Reed says it then I'll buy it. Not gonna take a alternate reality versions word for it. That's just me though.

Battlehammer
Well, if Reed says it then I'll buy it. Not gonna take a alternate reality versions word for it. That's just me though.
True, but it was kinda proven, the guy over powered him and stated he jsut keeps getting stronger. It was kinda implied that 616 would as well. I have to read the issue again, not sure what reed said on the matter

-K-M-
When? If that's true he'll become stronger than anybody.

Originally posted by ankur29
thing in teh fture will become stronger (i.e main stream things still got more strength potential)

FF#543:

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/4937/ff543dcp0023sh0.th.jpg

snoopdogg
Hmmm.....it seems possible but the whole future thing kinda sets that off imo. If Reed stated this or even agreed to it I'd take it more seriously. Sh!t when Thing first came around he was overpowering Namor in the water. He'd have to be Skyfather level now wouldn't he?

ColossusGrundy
Colossus is a class 100+ where thing is like an 80 tonner.

It would be over pretty fast.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by -K-M-
This guy solos them both:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c133/A_Flight3/Pro_arm_wrestler.jpg take a closer look at his other mit boys, it's like his body stopped feeding it nutrients and it's rotting.

Metalmanx
Colossus FTW.

FrothByte
Originally posted by psycho gundam
more than their lifting strength that's for sure, arm wrestling is about technique and the strength of the arm itself.

the thing's arms are far larger, and his wrists are like a foot and a half in circumferance at least. i would put my money on him

I don't think it's just about the arm's strength. Whole body concentration (chi) is a bigger part of it. the way you can focus all your energy into a single focal point (as compared to just allowing the arm muscles to do the work). and leverage does play a bigger part than arm thickness. colossus is taller, that give's him the leverage advantage.

ankur29
He's like Homer Simpson, who did the exact same thing for the exact same reason.

it happens in family guy aswell, quagmire discovers the internet

Not to my knowledge, though it was sorta revealed he will keep getting stronger untill he dies. I am not even sure Things a class hundred.

i thought he was a low borderlline class 100 (85-100 tons)atm

colossus isn't that much stronger than thing

maybe 2 x

vansonbee
Originally posted by ankur29
thing in teh fture will become stronger (i.e main stream things still got more strength potential)

FF#543:

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/4937/ff543dcp0023sh0.th.jpg
You sure its 543? I couldn't find this~

ankur29
Originally posted by vansonbee
You sure its 543? I couldn't find this~

yh i think it was 543

StiltmanFTW
That would make sense... wasn't Thing class 5 originally?

KingD19
Yeah, back then Doom was handing him his ass in fistfights.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
That would make sense... wasn't Thing class 5 originally? So what was Namor? Class 1?

StiltmanFTW
So what was Namor? Class 1?

laughing out loud

He was jobbing to that orange rock it seems. It was stated on panel that Ben could lift max 5 tons.

There is also a possibility that he was dehydrated... I dunno, haven't seen their fights.

snoopdogg
laughing out loud

He was jobbing to that orange rock it seems. It was stated on panel that Ben could lift max 5 tons.

There is also a possibility that he was dehydrated... I dunno, haven't seen their fights. He was standing in the water..............

Omega Vision
laughing out loud

There is also a possibility that he was dehydrated... I dunno, haven't seen their fights.
He probably donated two pints of blood and then drank a six pack of beer before fighting Ben. And he also donated all of his marrow. Because thats the only way I can explain it.

StiltmanFTW
He was standing in the water..............

Somehow I knew that embarrasment Damn.

Didn't Namor sink an island early on his carrier? That "heart" power of Ben is really ridiculous...

Originally posted by Omega Vision
He probably donated two pints of blood and then drank a six pack of beer before fighting Ben. And he also donated all of his marrow. Because thats the only way I can explain it.

laughing

psycho gundam
Originally posted by FrothByte
I don't think it's just about the arm's strength. Whole body concentration (chi) is a bigger part of it. the way you can focus all your energy into a single focal point (as compared to just allowing the arm muscles to do the work). and leverage does play a bigger part than arm thickness. colossus is taller, that give's him the leverage advantage. * remembers hulk crippling colossus in a friendly game of mercy * big grin

snoopdogg
WWHulk was one-shot kayoing bricks with punches. But against big C he had to break him literally to put him down and even then he was't ready to give up.

KingD19
I remember Thing looking like someone took a jackhammer to his face....WWH did that didn't he?

snoopdogg
I remember Thing looking like someone took a jackhammer to his face....WWH did that didn't he? I don't recall but WWHulk did one-shot Ben directly after he took a nova blast iirc.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.