Pokemon Soul Silver/Heart Gold

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kris Blaze
Could not find a thread dedicated to the newest releases in the Pokemanz series. Soul Silver is undoubtedly going to be a gazillion times better than Heart Gold. We all know that Lugia is just so much more awesome than Ho. Just like Red, Silver, Ruby and Diamond were the superior versions before it (Barring the lame 3rd releases). Any opinions on the new games?

Ms.Marvel
yellow version was the best.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel

G/S/C are way better. The only thing good about Yellow was the surfing Pikachu.

Kris Blaze
I said barring the third releases. Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum and so on are generally improved versions of the first games. Also, props out to FireRed and LeafGreen, probably one of my favourites as well. Right after Silver, which takes home the trophy/my heart <33333

Morridini

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Could not find a thread dedicated to the newest releases in the Pokemanz series.
Strange. I know there was a thread here about this earlier that I posted in, but the search function isn't working for me at the moment.

Soul Silver is undoubtedly going to be a gazillion times better than Heart Gold.
In terms of sales, yeah, but nothing else.

We all know that Lugia is just so much more awesome than Ho.
Whoa, speak for yourself. I could care less about Lugia in comparison to Ho-oh. The latter has always been one of my top favorites. Lugia may be much more popular because of some anime movie, but I ain't going with the bandwagon's opinion over something like this.

Just like Red, Silver, Ruby and Diamond were the superior versions before it (Barring the lame 3rd releases).
I'll agree with you about Red, Ruby, and Diamond at least, but the 3rd releases were easily the most expansive, so they win too in my book regardless of what you said, especially Crystal. <3

Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum and so on are generally improved versions of the first games.
And that makes them lame?

Also, props out to FireRed and LeafGreen, probably one of my favourites as well.
As fun as they were, they're still just remakes of Red/Blue, the latter of which had much more nostalgia value to me. As much as I'll enjoy Heart Gold/Soul Silver, I won't be surprised if I end up liking the originals more in the long run.

§P0oONY
.. You're arguing over which versions of the same game are better? Why the **** does it matter?

Ms.Marvel
because... theyre...not the same game?

AsbestosFlaygon
Pokemon SoulSilver will undoubtedly sell more than HeartGold.

I was a Lugia fan even before the release of the anime movies.

Lugia was just pure charisma.. His Mewtwo-like look and simple color scheme is easy on the eyes.
As for Ho-oh... it looks like a flying multi-colored chicken.

Morridini
I knew we had a thread for this somewhere, the search engine decided to be a brat today tho; http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=466203&highlight=title%3A%28Pokemon%29+forumid%3A66

But since it's from 07 and got wrong titles, maybe it should stay dead.

Overdose

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Pokemon SoulSilver will undoubtedly sell more than HeartGold.

I was a Lugia fan even before the release of the anime movies.

Lugia was just pure charisma.. His Mewtwo-like look and simple color scheme is easy on the eyes.
As for Ho-oh... it looks like a flying multi-colored chicken.
Chicken? More like phoenix, though I guess it's a typical thing for a Lugia fan to say, having heard it all before.

Although easy on the eyes, Lugia's simple color scheme was actually what made him look bland compared to Ho-oh's rainbow-colored body... IMO anyway. Not to mention, Ho-oh has a much more interesting background (with Raikou, Entei, Suicune, and the Tin Tower) than Lugia and his Sacred Fire is a much more awesome attack than Aeroblast in my personal opinion.

... And Ho-oh's too cool to be corrupted by humans by being turned into a Shadow Pokemon.

AsbestosFlaygon
Lugia's Shadow form made him look 10x better than he already was compared to Ho-oh ahah

MooCowofJustice
Heart Gold > Soul Silver.

Morridini
I'd say:
Gold > Silver (metals)
Soul > Heart (spiriualy)

So technicaly they are equal in a mathematical point of view, best combination would have been Soul Gold >> Heart Silver stick out tongue

§P0oONY
because... theyre...not the same game? Oh please... They ****ing are, the only difference between versions is a few Pokemon. That doesn't constitute as a different game. Which game contains which Pokemon is irrelevant as they're primarily single player games.

Scythe
Probably the only Pokemon game I'm interested in getting in the future. I was a fan of Silver, but I saw some gameplay of it and realized it's just as slow as the original. Keep in mind I haven't seen any new Pokemon game since Yellow and Silver. So I'll get it when it's at a cheaper used price.

Ridley_Prime

Ridley_Prime
Waaaaaaah! I'm not sure which of these legendaries to use my Master Ball on now.

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/legends.shtml

I was thinking Ho-oh at first (since I currently have the opportunity to do so), but now I'm starting to lean more towards Mewtwo. mmm

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Waaaaaaah! I'm not sure which of these legendaries to use my Master Ball on now.

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/legends.shtml

I was thinking Ho-oh at first (since I currently have the opportunity to do so), but now I'm starting to lean more towards Mewtwo. mmm
So, what version did you buy?

I bought both versions, since I wanted to capture both Kyogre and Groudon.

Mewtwo's still the best though. Well, after Arceus of course.

Scythe
I'm enjoying it, it's a good remake.

MooCowofJustice
Save your Master Ball's for MewTwo. He'll destroy you faster than Lugia or Ho-Oh will.

What's everyone's team? I like to know teams. thumb up

Should say mine I guess. At the moment, Quilava, Flaffy, Pinsir, Stantler. I'm probably going to drop Stantler for a good Flying type to make the game easier and end up using Red Gyrados for Surf.

Oh, Stantler is win, too. He solo'd Morty using Hypnosis, Sand-Attack, and Astonish.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice

What's everyone's team?
SoulSilver -- Feraligatr, Skarmory, Pachirisu, Dunsparce, Carnivine, Girafarig

HeartGold -- Typhlosion, Chatot, Onix, Heracross, Snorlax, Absol

Morridini

LLLLLink
People who choose SoulSilver are undoubtedly cooler than HeartGold fans, and will beat them nearly every time in a Pokemon battle for the simple fact that they are superior trainers. Duh.

MooCowofJustice
Would you be willing to put that to the test, 5L?

Scythe

SS - Ignatious (Typhlosion), Scyther, Haunter, Pokebat (Zubat), Taco Bell (Bellsprout), and Carl's Jr (Staryu)

This is my current team.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
So, what version did you buy?

I bought both versions, since I wanted to capture both Kyogre and Groudon.

Mewtwo's still the best though. Well, after Arceus of course.
Got both versions as well, but for now I'm just playing HG.

And yeah, I decided at the last minute to just save my Master Ball for Mew2. Ho-oh was annoying to have to capture without it though (took almost all of my different types of pokeballs), but it had an Impish nature in the end, so I'm not complainin'. Something tells me it'll take a lot longer (as in lots of restarts) for Mewtwo to get the desired nature, even with the Master Ball.

Save your Master Ball's for MewTwo. He'll destroy you faster than Lugia or Ho-Oh will.

Should say mine I guess. At the moment, Quilava, Flaffy, Pinsir, Stantler. I'm probably going to drop Stantler for a good Flying type to make the game easier and end up using Red Gyrados for Surf.

Oh, Stantler is win, too. He solo'd Morty using Hypnosis, Sand-Attack, and Astonish.
Not gonna have it this way forever obviously, but my current team is Typhlosion, Ho-oh, Onix, red Gyarados, Pidgeotto, and Togepi (still waiting for it to evolve. Half my party are just HM slaves anyway).
And Eevee and Sudowoodo (I think) are still at the daycare, to make up for my laziness in training them.

Currently at the Elite 4. Probably gonna teach Typolosion Dragon Claw so it'll be easier to take down Lance.

Originally posted by LLLLLink
People who choose SoulSilver are undoubtedly cooler than HeartGold fans, and will beat them nearly every time in a Pokemon battle for the simple fact that they are superior trainers. Duh.
Troll harder.

LLLLLink
Would you be willing to put that to the test, 5L?

Sure....... as soon as I get it. sad

Also, I would use my Master Ball on one of the legendary dogs. Mewtwo can be caught with a pokeball since you can save in front of him.

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by LLLLLink
Sure....... as soon as I get it. sad

Also, I would use my Master Ball on one of the legendary dogs. Mewtwo can be caught with a pokeball since you can save in front of him.

Just download Shoddy. It takes five minutes to make a team on it.

Ridley_Prime
Currently at the Elite 4. Probably gonna teach Typhlosion Dragon Claw so it'll be easier to take down Lance.
Damnit, meant to say Shadow Claw. Would be awesome if Typhlosion could actually learn Dragon Claw though.

And 5L, I could care less about the dogs right now. stick out tongue It'll probably take a lot of restarting until Mewtwo gives me the desired nature anyway as I said, even with the Master Ball.

Oh, and Shoddy.. Isn't that what the pokemonized tourneyfags normally use now?

MooCowofJustice
I dunno. Don't really talk to anyone on there. I just used it because it's easier to make a team there and test it before I try and make it on my DS.

Ridley_Prime
Ah, so it's like netbattle 2.0 basically. Eh, haven't used any of those in awhile.

Scythe

I don't know what anyone is talking about anymore...

Ridley_Prime
In this case, I don't really consider that a bad thing. stick out tongue You're probably better off not knowing what any of that is. whistle

Scythe
I have a Zubat!

MooCowofJustice
So one of you guys with Silver should definitely trade me a Murkrow for something else that I can catch.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Scythe
I have a Zubat!
And I'm about to have Mewtwo 131, once it has teh modest nature after catching it that is. *saved in front of him, and will keep restarting the game until it has that nature, just like old times in Fire Red*

Being a perfectionist (for the most part) ain't easy. blink

Also, what Moo said.

Scythe
Nature? w-what?

So one of you guys with Silver should definitely trade me a Murkrow for something else that I can catch.

Okay, when do ya want to trade? I don't mind trading with anyone for ones ya can't get on Gold. I need some Gold only 'mons too.

Ridley_Prime
Nature? w-what?
A game mechanic that was added to the Pokemon battling system since Ruby/Sapphire.

http://www.serebii.net/games/natures.shtml

And yeah, I'm picky about which nature my Pokemon gets when it comes to my favorites such as Mew2. stick out tongue

Scythe
A game mechanic that was added to the Pokemon battling system since Ruby/Sapphire.

http://www.serebii.net/games/natures.shtml

And yeah, I'm picky about which nature my Pokemon gets when it comes to my favorites such as Mew2. stick out tongue

Ohhh, I see. Neat. It sounds complicated to me abit, but that's cool that it's there.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, it can be a bit complicated, that much I'll agree with, especially when it comes to deciding on what movesets your Pokemon should have when taking the nature thing into account.

Also, apparently once you beat your rival on Mt. Moon (in Kanto) in this game, if you go back to the Dragon's Den to find him there afterward, he'll battle alongside you against Clair and Lance at the same time (am doin' that right now). I find it pretty cool. stick out tongue

MooCowofJustice
Nature? w-what?

Okay, when do ya want to trade? I don't mind trading with anyone for ones ya can't get on Gold. I need some Gold only 'mons too.

Whenever you want is okay, but which Pokemon do you want? I'm really not sure which ones are Gold only. I think Stantler might be.

Scythe
Whenever you want is okay, but which Pokemon do you want? I'm really not sure which ones are Gold only. I think Stantler might be.

I'll have to catch another for you in the Safari Zone, and I need a Growlithe.

Kento
I just caught a lvl 7 Pidgeotto blink

Ridley_Prime
What the f**k? Where did you catch it at?

Kento
Viridian Forest

Ridley_Prime
Oi.. That's where Ash caught one in the 1st season of the anime. laughing out loud

MooCowofJustice
I'll have to catch another for you in the Safari Zone, and I need a Growlithe.

Deal. I'll try and catch you a rather beneficially natured Growlithe.

MooCowofJustice
I got two good ones with the only two I caught. Brave and Adamant, which is arguably the best nature for an Arcanine/Growlithe.

AsbestosFlaygon
Thinking of changing my line-up with an All-Dragon-type team.

My team will be Altaria, Flygon, Salamence, Garchomp, Kingdra, Palkia.

Scythe
Deal. I'll try and catch you a rather beneficially natured Growlithe.

That's okay, you can give me the weakest one, it doesn't really matter what nature they are to me, just want it for the Pokedex entry and what not, I'll shoot ya a PM when I get another Murkrow.

LLLLLink
I got my SS version. I went with Totodile, since a lot of you went with Cyndaquil.

Ridley_Prime
On that note, my starter has just reached level 100. smile Now for Mewtwo...

AsbestosFlaygon
I've never made any of my Pkmn lvl100.

Strongest in my team is a lvl90 Palkia (traded from Platinum)

Scythe
Just got a Palkia, Darkrai and Arceus. Don't know what the hell they are, but they kick ass.

Ridley_Prime
.. Did you go to an event or something?

MooCowofJustice
Arceus is God. Palkia controls the dimension of Space. Darkrai is just a Dark type who's big gimmick is being a counter to Cresselia. Cresselia for the Full Moon, Darkrai for the New Moon.

Darkrai had his own movie, and that one was like, Mewtwo level, only in durability.

Scythe
.. Did you go to an event or something?

Kinda, not really. I was over at a friend's house, and he basically told me if I wanted the Palkia that was at lv.69 since I leveled it up via his game when he let me borrow it. He has the other one, Dialga. It's his favorite. He didn't care for the other one, so I sorta leveled it up after I caught it. Since the game was his, I left it there, now he traded it to me for a Pidgey, since he insists it's mine. The lv. 100 Arceus was given to me today when I won it at a raffle at some video game store on the military base I went to take my class at. Then, while I was there, a nice girl hooked me up with a lv. 100 Darkrai because she said I was sweet, compared to everyone else who beat her there and rubbed it in. That was pretty mean.

Overall, I traded:

Hoppip for Arceus
Pidgey for Palkia
Rattata for Darkrai

Arceus is God. Palkia controls the dimension of Space. Darkrai is just a Dark type who's big gimmick is being a counter to Cresselia. Cresselia for the Full Moon, Darkrai for the New Moon.

Darkrai had his own movie, and that one was like, Mewtwo level, only in durability.

Oh, cool. Thanks for the info. These newer Pokemon are weird, and crazy. I'm only used to the ones in Blue/Red/Yellow and the original Gold and Silver. Everything else has been one giant: "The hell is that?!?! What would that be weak against?! Is it a fire type, fml!!!!"

MooCowofJustice
Meh, if you were to so much as suggest that you don't know what some Pokemon is I'd probably tell you. I enjoy this series too much.

Scythe
Meh, if you were to so much as suggest that you don't know what some Pokemon is I'd probably tell you. I enjoy this series too much.

Some of them are really cool though, haha. Darkrai looks so kick ass. I wanna get a Rayquaza. <--- (Probably spelt it wrong...)

Ridley_Prime
No, you spelt it right.

And you can get once in HG/SS once you get Groudon and Kyogre, I think.

MooCowofJustice
Nah that's the right spelling. Rayquaza's shiny is cool too. It makes him a black dragon, like Charizard's.

Scythe
No, you spelt it right.

And you can get once in HG/SS once you get Groudon and Kyogre, I think. Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Nah that's the right spelling. Rayquaza's shiny is cool too. It makes him a black dragon, like Charizard's.

Ah, cool. I'm lookin' forward to that. So far, I'm really lovin' this remake. It's how remakes should be done. Can't wait to reach Rayquaza, gonna re-name him Shenron, BECUZ I AM NOT A ROBOT!!

Hold the phone, shiny? Say whaaaaa-? I still don't understand the shiny dealie-oh. The guy who put the Arceus in my game today was telling me it's shiny, I didn't know what that meant, thought he was just complimenting it.

MooCowofJustice
Enjoyable name is enjoyable.

Catch yourself a Celebi or some other short, green Pokemon and call it Kami or Dende. stick out tongue

Edit: Cool, your Arceus is Shiny.

Ridley_Prime
Ah, cool. I'm lookin' forward to that. So far, I'm really lovin' this remake. It's how remakes should be done. Can't wait to reach Rayquaza, gonna re-name him Shenron, BECUZ I AM NOT A ROBOT!!
laughing out loud I've known a couple of my friends to give Ray that nickanme too. Quite fitting too I guess.

Hold the phone, shiny? Say whaaaaa-? I still don't understand the shiny dealie-oh. The guy who put the Arceus in my game today was telling me it's shiny, I didn't know what that meant, thought he was just complimenting it.
http://www.serebii.net/games/shiny.shtml

Catch yourself a Celebi or some other short, green Pokemon and call it Kami or Dende. stick out tongue
lol

Scythe

Edit: Cool, your Arceus is Shiny.

Yay! Enjoyable names! I've been making a team of fast-food nameed pokemon. A Staryu named Carl's Jr., Bellsprout named Taco Bell, and a Mr. Mime named McDonald. Haven't found a 'mon suitable to be as creepy as the King from Burger King, if you have any suggestions, lemme now.Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
laughing out loud I've known a couple of my friends to give Ray that nickanme too. Quite fitting too I guess.

http://www.serebii.net/games/shiny.shtml

lol

Aw, I thought I was the only one who thought of that, how foolish of me, should've known that's been done.

Cool, shiny pokemon are kinda like the off-colored ones that were around way back when.

MooCowofJustice
Slowking?

Scythe
Slowking?

Haha, yeah. That blank stare, hahaha!

Ridley_Prime
Aw, I thought I was the only one who thought of that, how foolish of me, should've known that's been done.
It's cool. Kinda hard to be original nowadays anyway, at least when it comes to something like this.
I once had an X-Men themed pokeymanz team.

Cool, shiny pokemon are kinda like the off-colored ones that were around way back when.
Yup, and Rayquaza's shiny form is black like Charizard's, as Moo pointed out.

Scythe
It's cool. Kinda hard to be original nowadays anyway, at least when it comes to something like this.
I once had an X-Men themed pokeymanz team.

Yup, and Rayquaza's shiny form is black like Charizard's, as Moo pointed out.

Haha, who was Wolverine?

I know! My friend just showed me a screencap I think. It looks neat. Almost Monster Hunter-ish.

MooCowofJustice
iGvZa3tiYwY

The only relevance to the current topic this video has is the Burger King at around 0.40, but I find the whole video funny and enjoyable.

Scythe
Haha!

Ridley_Prime
Haha, who was Wolverine?
I forget exactly, but I think it was shiny Groudon, Sandslash, or something. Some ground type with long sharp claws, is all I remember.

Scythe
I forget exactly, but I think it was shiny Groudon, Sandslash, or something. Some ground type with long sharp claws, is all I remember.

Oh! How'de ya get a Shiny Groudon? My friend is next to me right now telling me all about them. They sound rare as holy f*cksicles.

Ridley_Prime
They are. sad

I basically just saved in front of Groudon and kept restarting until it finally appeared as shiny (of course, it wasn't all in one sitting). His shiny form is gold/yellowish instead of red.

Scythe
They are. sad

I basically just saved in front of Groudon and kept restarting until it finally appeared as shiny (of course, it wasn't all in one sitting). His shiny form is gold/yellowish instead of red.

Holy crap, how long did that take you?

Ridley_Prime
I think I tried for awhile at least once every day, which ended up being a few days total. Somethin' like that.

Shinies are overrated though. I didn't really bother trying to get another one after that. stick out tongue

Scythe
I think I tried for awhile at least once every day, which ended up being a few days total. Somethin' like that.

Shinies are overrated though. I didn't really bother trying to get another one after that. stick out tongue

Ah. You goin' for a shiny Mewtwo this time around?

LLLLLink
Slowking?

I evolved my Slowking at lvl 8 when I caught him...

Bah, shinies have lost value in my eyes thanks to all the hackers.

Ridley_Prime
Ah. You goin' for a shiny Mewtwo this time around?
Nah. Already caught it in its normal form. stick out tongue Don't like its shiny form in particular much anyway (only difference is its tail and stuff is light green instead of purple, which is also seen in Melee whenever he's on the "green team"wink.

Scythe
Nah. Already caught it in its normal form. stick out tongue Don't like its shiny form in particular much anyway (only difference is its tail and stuff is light green instead of purple, which is also seen in Melee whenever he's on the "green team"wink.

Oh, that always looked like a Gummi Mewtwo to me. . . .

Shut up. . . I don't know, heh.

jalek moye
Finally got this game a couple days ago. Awesome as usual with pokemon games

Peach
Definitely playing this myself right now happy SoulSilver FTW. So much better than Pearl/Diamond/Platinum which I just could not really get into that much. Old school Pokemon is far superior.

...definitely want a Sandshrew though.

Ultraviolence
Sandshrews are cool but I'd like a Mewtwo. They're insanely powerful.

MooCowofJustice
I don't know who's idea it was to have Pokemon that flee across the damn map, but I want to slap them.

Peach
I care not about Mewtwo, I've always found it to be very overrated.

Morridini
Is Mew possible to get with these new version of the old games?

Scythe
Originally posted by Morridini
Is Mew possible to get with these new version of the old games?

Yeah, through an event, I believe.

Ultraviolence
Originally posted by Peach
I care not about Mewtwo, I've always found it to be very overrated.

I found Pikachu to be the most overrated but Mewtwo is for good reason. It was probably one of the strongest pokemon before some of the new generation top tiers, like Arceus.

Morridini
Pikachu overrated? I find a late evolved raichu to be one of the best ones.

AsbestosFlaygon
I got banned for using a hacked Arceus in the Battle Zone... again haermm

My opponents were prob like "WTF?" laughing out loud

Ultraviolence
I picked up SoulSilver and the nostalgia alone is compelling me to play this addictively.

Heythere,Honey
Originally posted by Ultraviolence
I found Pikachu to be the most overrated but Mewtwo is for good reason. It was probably one of the strongest pokemon before some of the new generation top tiers, like Arceus.
Haha, maybe in Gen5 they'll make the Light Ball double all of Pikachu's stats. XD

Ridley_Prime
That would quite possibly be the gayest thing GameFreak's done yet.

Barker
megabump

Does anyone still play this? Or want to trade? haermm

RE: Blaxican
I stopped playing Pokemon games when I hit 7th grade. 313

Barker
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I stopped playing Pokemon games when I hit 7th grade. 313
I'm in 6th grade. 131

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.