Episode 31 - Grievous Intrigue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ordo
My main question is: Will he still be an incompetent pnssy like last season?

Lets pointlessly speculate!

REXXXX
We'll see. I'm optimistic because of how the season has gone so far, but they've had a hard time making Grievous a decent villain in the series thus far.

Robtard
Originally posted by Ordo
My main question is: Will he still be an incompetent pnssy like last season?

Lets pointlessly speculate!

By the preview, I'd say no, he'll at least will give those Jedi shown in the room about to face him a solid fight for their lives.

Anakin/Obi (possibly Mace) will have to come save the day and kick his ass, of course.

Ordo
The council made such a big deal about sending Kenobi to beat him in ROTS...I thought he would be difficult.

Even Ahsoka can just escape him...

S_D_J
The council made such a big deal about sending Kenobi to beat him in ROTS...I thought he would be difficult.

Even Ahsoka can just escape him...

The Clone Wars hadn't been made by then 131

big grin

Hopefully he'll be more of a bad-ass as he is supposed to be. The season has been going strong so far, Hope they don't drop the ball with this one

Hybris
It's lame that Anakin and Grievous will never meet face to face, because of their lines in Episode 3...

Ordo
I think its good, it raises his case that he could beat him. Grivous is Anakin's ever elusive enemy. Anaking is sure he could beat him if he had the chance, but he never gets it. He becomes an intangable goal for Anakin.

...and at least SOME canon is sacred in this series.

It also makes sense that Grievous isn't dead. He has alread fought both Fisto and Kenobi, who seem more content prolonging the war by running away rather than ending it. Its kind of annoying actually that we have all these clashes but no one dies.

REXXXX
"Live to fight another day" is a creed that Kenobi lives by, it seems.

Ordo
So why then go to kill him later? He got bored?

REXXXX
Maybe at that point in time, Kenobi did not have the skill to surpass Grievous? He did accrue much experience during the Clone Wars.

Hybris
I think the main point was that he had other objectives to furfill when he came across Grievous...

On the Malevolence, he had to disable the hyperdrive...

Ordo
Or he could have just killed Grievous and ended it... lol.

What was Fisto's excuse then?

REXXXX
I like my experience and skill answer and will stand by it. It'd help if Grievous actually kicked someone's ass that was important, though. Nahdar... not so much.

Ordo
He might go for the spoilered character...thats a relatively cannon-entanglement free death.

Hybris
Fisto was outnumbered I guess. He had to fight 3 Magnadroids and Grievous at the same time...

Ordo
Ahsoka took out 3 Magnadroids with a Huttlett on her back.

REXXXX
Yes, but not with Grievous coming at her. That would be a confrontation she would not walk away from.

Hybris
And they didn't fight to kill... Dooku wanted to hand over Ahsoka to Jabba...

Nahdar Vebb took out 3 (or maybe more) magna guards aswell, but then they weren't attacking him all at the same time...

Ordo
I think its pretty much confirmed now that this is indeed Eeth Koth and Grievous will kill him, "solving" our little continuity crisis.

Robtard
Did I miss something, or was this Ep supposed to me on last Friday?

Ordo
No. There is nothing until this and The Deserter on the 1st.

REXXXX
Why have they been taking so many breaks? There have been a handful of skipped weeks this season.

Ordo
As I pointed out, at the end of last year, we were at Episode 10 of the season, Lair of Grievous. The series picked up again on Jan 2nd with Dooku Captured.

So amazingly, we are only 2 weeks behind, but after Jan 1st, we'll be one week behind. The only double episodes last season were Ambushand Rising Malevolence and Blue Shadow Virus/Mystery of a Thousand Moons. We will have 2 doubles well before then this season.

Hybris
Yeah, the tagline on wookieepedia gives it away:

After a deadly encounter with a prominent member of the Jedi Council, the Jedi resolve to stop General Grievous once and for all.

Ordo
So thats what it takes to get them motivted...

REXXXX
Heh, seriously. Perhaps it means that before they were not focusing on the Grievous issue, and now they will try to. I hope they give us a bit more epic material with Grievous. The Tartakovsky depiction was over the top but man was it fun to watch...

Ordo
At least he killed things. I'm not really impressed with him in either...and lets not forget that this series destroyed his Mace-crush cough.

REXXXX
Yeah... it was a kickass explanation for why he wheezes like a fifty-year smoker.

Hybris
well he doesn't get the cough until he kidnaps Palpatine and this series is situated in a timespan before that event...

so it seems quite logical to me.

Ordo
He coughs in this series...before the injury...

*facepalm*

Hybris
Oh seriously? Clouded by the darkside, I must have been...

I suppose you don't have any specific episode in which he coughs stick out tongue ?

Ordo
If I recall, it was Lair of Grievous for sure. I think in one of the Malevolence ones too...I dont have any count or anything.

Robtard
F me, I somehow missed this ep and my DVR didn't record it.

Ordo
Its on NEXT friday bro smile

Robtard
Its on NEXT friday bro smile

Oh, okay, thanks. But the way people were talking about it, sounded like it aired already.

Ordo
Hehe. We'll have to get a schedule for ya smile

There is just a decent amount of leaked information on these episodes to keep us interested for 3 weeks.

Shey Tapani
Is there a preview clip or trailer of the episode?

Ordo
No, unless you can go back in time and watch it live on TV...

Shey Tapani
Too bad.

REXXXX
They've been showing snippets in commercials for the show on Cartoon Network. Definitely saw some shots of Eeth Koth, as well as Grievous being all spidery and intimidating. And I believe Adi Gallia or Stass Allie... not sure which.

Shey Tapani
Can i see it online?

I tried youtube but...

REXXXX
I feel like it's probably not online, unfortunately. Ah well, new episode in just over a week.

Shey Tapani
Too bad.

REXXXX
One week exactly! I'm hoping they harden up Grievous a bit. I'm pleased with the snippets in the previews.

S_D_J
Originally posted by REXXXX
They've been showing snippets in commercials for the show on Cartoon Network. Definitely saw some shots of Eeth Koth, as well as Grievous being all spidery and intimidating. And I believe Adi Gallia or Stass Allie... not sure which.
Adi Gallia?

If I remember correctly Adi Gallia was killed by Grievous in the Republic Comics... Could that be the big kill?

Ordo
Nice call

"At some point during the war, General Grievous had captured Master Eeth Koth. Adi, together with Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi, deviced a rescue plan to save the council member, and destroy General Grievous."
~Wookiepedia

Sounds like the next 2-3 episodes to me...

REXXXX
Indeed.

And Adi Gallia is killed in the comics shortly before the end of the war, so I'm sure Eeth Koth is the big kill.

S_D_J
yep, I just took a look at my comic collection roll eyes (sarcastic)
she's killed by Grievous in "Obsession", the one where Ventress "finally" dies, and that's the Boz Pity battle, right before Ep III, so she's can't die in this episode

I wasn't aware of Eeth Koth (I didn't read the spoilers) so He must be the one that dies.... though he was supossed to have died during AOTC if I remember correctly... it makes sense for Grievous to kill him, though

Shey Tapani
Eeeth died in a sourcebook, no conflict with any najor canon.

Ordo
Damn, I forgot to spoiler. Sorry.

Tsal Can
Nobody stays dead for long in Star Wars

Shey Tapani
http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000931.html

Preview clip.

Ms.Marvel
i liked it. greivous fighting obi-wan again is meh but i like the tone it seems very mature.

Nemesis X
There's a Clone who fled from battle and is now a farmer who has a family...WTH? As if that one Clone turning traitor wasn't bad enough. If Clones can turn traitor and leave the Republic to start a new life, you think we'd see clones having second thoughts on killing the Jedi in ROTS. This is ridiculous. What are you doing Lucas? It's too late making these clones have a mind of their own and you saw to that in Episode III. You're screwing everything up.

Shey Tapani
Two clone deserters, come on.

Ms.Marvel
well im pretty sure a clone ****ed a jedi and had a kid in one of the novels... so i think its a bit out there to say that theyre mindless.

ares834
Yeah the rest of the EU has far more Clones that disobey. In Dark Lord, for example, a group of clones let the jedi live.

Ordo
Oh my. Clones can think creatively. They cant figure out a way around disobeying an order? Please. They're not damn droids. Thats the POINT.

Samurai100
werent they Commandos

REXXXX
Yes. All clones can think independently, though the commandos/commanders are meant to possess higher independence (if that makes sense).

Shey Tapani
Oh my. Clones can think creatively. They cant figure out a way around disobeying an order? Please. They're not damn droids. Thats the POINT.

I want to see a clone unit rebel and start a pirate gang or something like that.

Ordo
Clone rebel = understandable.
Clone unit rebel = never going to happen.

Ms.Marvel
what about

clone rebel unit?

Ordo
never going to happen

Hybris
happened in the EU somewhere (a squad of clones that refused to execute order 66)

anyway, great sig you have there, Ordo!

Ordo
Thanks you big grin

Ms.Marvel
never going to happen

what about

unit clone rebel?

Shey Tapani
Nice ep, too bad Eeth lives.

Shey Tapani
Adi

REXXXX
I agree, Eeth should have just been straight-up murdered. Would've been a better part two than what we got.

Ordo

REXXXX
I still think Eeth should not have made it out of there.

Ordo
The only redeeming point would be if we see him fight in a later episode.

Eeth/Agen have always been intriguing characters to me.

At least omong Mace's crew in ROTS, we've seen a ton of Fisto, but no Tinn or Kolar yet. Tinn had some pretty good roles in the Gendy series though.

REXXXX
Indeed, he was a bad ass for his brief appearances.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.