Superman vs. Martian Manhunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
One thing I've always been curious of, is that if Martian manhunter is supposedly super fast, super strong, nigh invincible, can fly, has eyebeams - so he's basically comparable to superman - plus he has matter manipulation and psychic powers, why is superman always seen as superior to him?

Logicallly speaking, I would have thought MM to be superior. So is there any other reason why superman is always considered superior to him asides from the fact that superman is DC's flagship character? your thoughts please.

galactusischere
MM is superior to Supes as is Flash. but Supes is always said to be the most powerful hero on earth, which isn't true

Konton
MM should win 10/10 in a fight. But he wouldn't get a single win in comics because, as you said, Superman is DC's flagship character.

Galan007
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4162/mm1h.jpg

uhuh

-Pr-
Originally posted by FrothByte
One thing I've always been curious of, is that if Martian manhunter is supposedly super fast, super strong, nigh invincible, can fly, has eyebeams - so he's basically comparable to superman - plus he has matter manipulation and psychic powers, why is superman always seen as superior to him?

Logicallly speaking, I would have thought MM to be superior. So is there any other reason why superman is always considered superior to him asides from the fact that superman is DC's flagship character? your thoughts please.

he might be fast, but he's not as fast as superman. he might be strong, but he's not as strong as superman.

and so on and so forth.

even his telepathy won't get the job done.

Originally posted by Galan007

uhuh

bingo.

BattleMage

uhuh laughing

Batman-Prime
MM should take 50%

Omega Vision
Martian Manhunter is weak to fire and Superman's heat vision is to J'onn what Kryptonite-vision would be to Superman.
That said Martian Manhunter is definitely a contender, especially in an arena setting. In fact the reason they got Plastic Man to join the JLA was because of his TP immunity and they had no way of reliably combating J'onn in case he went rogue, not even Superman was certain he could stop him.

Konton
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Martian Manhunter is weak to fire and Superman's heat vision is to J'onn what Kryptonite-vision would be to Superman.
That said Martian Manhunter is definitely a contender, especially in an arena setting. In fact the reason they got Plastic Man to join the JLA was because of his TP immunity and they had no way of reliably combating J'onn in case he went rogue, not even Superman was certain he could stop him.

The MM respect thread has multiple scans of him phasing through heat vision.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Konton
Why doesn't he ever phase through fire though? That seems inconsistent.

Konton
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Why doesn't he ever phase through fire though? That seems inconsistent.

Fire is more of a mental threat than physical. Maybe he's just not psychologically threatened by heat vision like his is fire.

Zeuodin

uhuh a ridiculous example if ever one. Since he could have phased thru mercy game. this is also the same guy who matter manipulated his body and held several JLEr's in place?

Galan007
Originally posted by Zeuodin
a ridiculous example if ever one. Since he could have phased thru mercy game. this is also the same guy who matter manipulated his body and held several JLEr's in place? calm down, sancho. i merely used that scan to represent the fact that a being who has felt the power of both superman AND j'onn stated that superman was >.

aside from that, j'onn is/was among the most CIS-ridden characters in comics, period. he goes down to superman every single time.
thumb up

Zeuodin
calm down, sancho. i merely used that scan to represent the fact that a being who has felt the power of both superman AND j'onn stated that superman was >.

aside from that, j'onn is/was among the most CIS-ridden characters in comics, period. he goes down to superman every single time.
thumb up everyone goes down to Superman in DC. On this board however, without PIS or CIS, Superman could never beat MM. MM would fight way too smart, read superman's thoughts, react to his next moves, etc.

xJLxKing
Superman wins. He is resistant to tp so MMS only chance is wasted. furthermore, Superman is a better brawled, and fighter. Superman is more expirienced and creative. So MM might be as strong but he isn't Superman. Superman is still faster and more durable

FrothByte
is he resistant simply coz he has strong will power? or does he have certain abilities that really make his mind harder to penetrate?

coz the few times i've seen him resisting TP, it's simply coz he was forcing his will not to be bent... in which case i assumed this was another result of his "flagship" status since he really isn't stated as being resistant to TP.

i could be wrong though, i haven't been that updated with superman lately.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by FrothByte
is he resistant simply coz he has strong will power? or does he have certain abilities that really make his mind harder to penetrate?

coz the few times i've seen him resisting TP, it's simply coz he was forcing his will not to be bent... in which case i assumed this was another result of his "flagship" status since he really isn't stated as being resistant to TP.

i could be wrong though, i haven't been that updated with superman lately. All of the above and more. I'll explain tomorrow, hard to do so on an iPhone

Zeuodin
Originally posted by xJLxKing
All of the above and more. I'll explain tomorrow, hard to do so on an iPhone He's been mind controlled before. But Being Psy blasted is something totally different.

-Pr-
everyone goes down to Superman in DC. On this board however, without PIS or CIS, Superman could never beat MM. MM would fight way too smart, read superman's thoughts, react to his next moves, etc.

except he doesn't do that against most of his opponents.

and people still have to fight IN character on the forum. they do what THEY'D do, not what you think they'd do.

TheKahn
Originally posted by Konton

Yep

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u131/jason-todd/Jimscomic231.jpg

Honestly this should happen every time Superman takes a swing.
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u131/jason-todd/Jimscomics158.jpg

And just because I found this funny:
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu355/ankur29/12.jpg

xJLxKing
He's been mind controlled before. But Being Psy blasted is something totally different.
Who please? If you give me the Max Lord argument, then you better know the circumstances of what happened.

-People act as MM is the only one who can dodge attacks. Need I remind everyone, Superman can becomes intangible, and he is still faster, more durable, more creative, and most likely a little stronger.

Philosophía
Superman.

Warlord
Jonn ala The Burning storyline

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.