Ares vs. Loki

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zeuodin
Two Gods duke it out. The God of Mischief vs. The God of Conflict.(DC Ares)

redhotrash
unless its h2h, Area is getting chumped

Zeuodin
Originally posted by redhotrash
unless its h2h, Area is getting chumped who the hell is Area?

galactusischere
Loki 10/10.

galactusischere
Originally posted by Zeuodin
who the hell is Area?

the one who gets owned by Loki.

Zeuodin
Originally posted by galactusischere
Loki 10/10. So you think Loki can take Highfather or Darkside? You are indeed a biased poster.

galactusischere
So you think Loki can take Highfather or Darkside? You are indeed a biased poster.
so are u.
always back DC characters.
your probably going to say that Zatanna can beat Loki too. and Imperiex can beat Galactus. then theres the Mandrakk vs. Beyonder thread..
obvious DC bias.

Zeuodin
so are u.
always back DC characters.
your probably going to say that Zatanna can beat Loki too. and Imperiex can beat Galactus. then theres the Mandrakk vs. Beyonder thread..
obvious DC bias.
Nope. I've never said Z can beat Loki. She can probably depower him. I also Do think Imperiex was a universal level copy of Galactus. Galactus does not destroy and recreate universes. Nothing to argue about there. Mandrakk was eating the DC story. Beyonder was part of the marvel story. Nothing to argue about that. I also never thought the Beyonder was all that.

JakeTheBank
Are these both standard versions?

Zeuodin
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Are these both standard versions?
Standard Loki and Standard DC Ares.

galactusischere
Nope. I've never said Z can beat Loki. She can probably depower him. I also Do think Imperiex was a universal level copy of Galactus. Galactus does not destroy and recreate universes. Nothing to argue about there. Mandrakk was eating the DC story. Beyonder was part of the marvel story. Nothing to argue about that. I also never thought the Beyonder was all that.
I don't want to get off-topic, though I disagree with ur statement.

rotiart

Actually I forget the issue... But it says that when galactus Dies he'll return more than he took and will cause the birth of a new universe.... He doesn't stand there creating and destroying but the energies he will eventually release will be enough to spark a new universe

beyonder.. Preretcon was beyond anything in marvel continuity... All of marvel continuity was a drop of water to the ocean that is preretcon beyonder....In news today... Slim fast recalled all non powder products due to possible diarrhea causing contaminates. All. They did not narrow it down to any batch. All such liquid products are to be returned or thrown away accorin to the slim fast spokesman._

galactusischere
Originally posted by rotiart
Actually I forget the issue... But it says that when galactus Dies he'll return more than he took and will cause the birth of a new universe.... He doesn't stand there creating and destroying but the energies he will eventually release will be enough to spark a new universe

In "the last Galactus story" after Galactus defeats the evil watcher, a battle which destroys the universe, Galactus's armor opens up and hes energies release and go into Nova. Though Nova dies after so that is moot.
And when Galactus says that he will return infinitely more than he has taken away from the universe(when he was talking to Death) he meant as if he had destroyed trillions of sentinet beings just to keep the balance of the universe(or multi-verse with Abraxas and all)

Though Galactus is definately more essential to MU than Imperiex is to DCU.

A multi-versal buster that is released vs. a big bang that can destroy only one universe at best(which so many beings can contain)

Zeuodin
Originally posted by rotiart

beyonder.. Preretcon was beyond anything in marvel continuity... All of marvel continuity was a drop of water to the ocean that is preretcon beyonder....In news today... Slim fast recalled all non powder products due to possible diarrhea causing contaminates. All. They did not narrow it down to any batch. All such liquid products are to be returned or thrown away accorin to the slim fast spokesman._ What he will do means nothing to me. Superman will be the golden prime and be more powerful than Any being in the multiverse, but for now, he's just Superman. And the Beyonder didn't do anything that impressed me so much. He just didn't. Thanos with the IG actually beat up Abstracts.

galactusischere
What he will do means nothing to me. Superman will be the golden prime and be more powerful than Any being in the multiverse, but for now, he's just Superman. And the Beyonder didn't do anything that impressed me so much. He just didn't. Thanos with the IG actually beat up Abstracts.

then read up on Beyonder?
LT and Watcher had to practiaclly BEG MM to save the multi-verse(back then multi-verse was the equivalent to omniverse)
He killed Multi-Death..
Defeated a few celestials...
POST-RETCON shaked the OMNIVERSE as a side-effect of hes battle with Post MM
u know, nothing impressive roll eyes (sarcastic)

Zeuodin
then read up on Beyonder?
LT and Watcher had to practiaclly BEG MM to save the multi-verse(back then multi-verse was the equivalent to omniverse)
He killed Multi-Death..
Defeated a few celestials...
u know nothing impressive roll eyes (sarcastic)
Since when does a multiverse=an omniverse? never. Or it would have been called an omniverse.

Also, the Abstracts never fought the Beyonder themselves so it's a misnomer. Multi-death? Where is that stated in any such panels? Never saw it. I saw him use a big part of his power to kill her and he had to trick her into drinking it. roll eyes (sarcastic)

galactusischere
Since when does a multiverse=an omniverse? never. Or it would have been called an omniverse.

Also, the Abstracts never fought the Beyonder themselves so it's a misnomer. Multi-death? Where is that stated in any such panels? Never saw it. I saw him use a big part of his power to kill her and he had to trick her into drinking it. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Back then there was no thing as "omniverse" in marvel. Multi-verse was the highest you could get

Zeuodin
Back then there was no thing as "omniverse" in marvel. Multi-verse was the highest you could get So that just means that is all it was. That means everyone was weaker back then.

JakeTheBank
I'd say Loki for the win in any case.

Zeuodin
I'd say Loki for the win in any case. So do you think Loki has the power to defeat Say highfather?

JakeTheBank
Highfather as in the New God? I haven't seen much combat feats involving him to be honest. If he decides to get funky with the Source and all that, it's definetly possible and probable. I think Loki has more versatility on his end than Ares does, though.

Zeuodin
Highfather as in the New God? I haven't seen much combat feats involving him to be honest. If he decides to get funky with the Source and all that, it's definetly possible and probable. I think Loki has more versatility on his end than Ares does, though. What exactly can Ares not do?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ares_(DC_Comics)

JakeTheBank
What exactly can Ares not do?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ares_(DC_Comics)

That link sent me to the mythological character, not the comic book character.

Blanket
So you think Loki can take Highfather or Darkside? You are indeed a biased poster. So, you created a spite thread?
Because people are supposed to be allowed to have opinions in threads, not ones where they get ridiculed for picking one of the people you put in here.
Nvr did I think I'd see such a bait thread since...

shifty

Face of Olympus
Standard Loki and Standard DC Ares.

Nvr thought I would actually bite here , but Ares should take the majority. big grin

Zeuodin
Originally posted by Blanket
So, you created a spite thread?
Because people are supposed to be allowed to have opinions in threads, not ones where they get ridiculed for picking one of the people you put in here.
Nvr did I think I'd see such a bait thread since...

shifty What the hell is a spite thread?

Philosophía
Next time you should tell me the thread you want to make, I'll start it, so that you can pick on people without assholes critizing you for it.

Zeuodin

Philosophía
No. But apparently, if you do a thread in which you have a definite opinion and grossly disagree with some posters' views, you are accused of making a spite/bait thread. A mistake I think you made was go all "You're biased" on him (which derailed the thread) instead of simply presenting arguments that show his opinion wrong.

Kris Blaze
I thought spite threads were.

- Threads were the outcome is -very- obvious and the starter knows it.
- Threads made to intentionally call posters out.

Philosophía
I think it depends on the intention and how the poster approaches it. If he makes it soley for the purpose of laughing at certain posters and nothing else then yes, it should be closed. But if he makes it because he just disagrees/finds some of the views wrong and in a way calls those certain posters out, but is willing to discuss everything with arguments, I don't think it can be considered spite/bait.

I made threads that I considered with a definitive and obvious winner but there were quite a few posters who thought the opposite of what I did. Does that make the thread spite ?

Zeuodin
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
I thought spite threads were.

- Threads were the outcome is -very- obvious and the starter knows it.
- Threads made to intentionally call posters out.

Both are silly. If you want to call someone out, just make a battle zone.

And if the out come were very obvious, then why are there any threads with Galactus, Thanos, Silver Surfer, or Thor since everyone thinks they win all matches?

Newjak
Loki turns Ares to snow like Bor

shifty

Kris Blaze

Lord Feron
Loki... ftw but not easily

Mindset

Kasper Gutman
It's a split. Either Ares could knock out Loki but I'd give the majority to Loki. With any prep Loki should win. Every few RL months for the past few decades he's either ordered to be executed or faces an impossibly tough hero or villian and worms his way out of it. So with prep he wins, without prep he still takes a majority turning Ares to stone or into a frog or tricks him into cutting off his head and strikes back when Ares thinks he's dead, etc.

Zeuodin
Originally posted by Kasper Gutman
It's a split. Either Ares could knock out Loki but I'd give the majority to Loki. With any prep Loki should win. Every few RL months for the past few decades he's either ordered to be executed or faces an impossibly tough hero or villian and worms his way out of it. So with prep he wins, without prep he still takes a majority turning Ares to stone or into a frog or tricks him into cutting off his head and strikes back when Ares thinks he's dead, etc. You do know that Ares has High reality manipulation powers right? So how is he going to get turned into anything?

comicfan11
DC Ares wrecks Loki.
Either by physical force, raising an undead army to do his bidding or using some of his other powers.

DC Ares is a skyfather, Loki isn't

bbrem123
ares stomps

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.