Exar Kun vs. Count Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darth dread
Saber

Force

All-out

On the invisble hand

One Free Man
annnnddddd bandon wins.

mattatom
Originally posted by One Free Man
annnnddddd bandon wins. QFT.

Darth_Glentract
Exar.

Weltall
In a stomp.

BoratBorat
Dooky wins.

truejedi
kun

Slash_KMC
I'd say it's a draw. But I won't give any reasons because that is apparently not being done here anymore.

Slash_KMC
Actually, on second thought. Revan wins.

truejedi
kun's amulets are kinda a superweapon,which makes me hate him, but i dont' know how dooku is going to defend himself from them either.

BoratBorat
Kuns amulets are useless because they were made in china. So dooku is going to pwn him.

truejedi
actually i didn't know that. it is a factor. You have convince me with your convincing argument. Dooku wins when Kun gets lead poisoning from the cheap paint on his amulets.

Dr McBeefington
Dooku wins with sabers, Kun wins with the force.

Samurai100
kun wins force and they draw in sabers

Darth_Glentract
Exar was killing Sith wyrms. He had access to all the knowledge on the Force he could ever use. He obliterated one of the top Jedi of the Order at that time while freezing the entire senate. He killed the spirit of Freedon Nadd. Exar was able to exist in a more powerful state than any other person that I can think of. Dooku just can't keep up with that.

BTW, what thread was it that we were talking about Nihilus' power? I can't remember which one that was.

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Exar was killing Sith wyrms. He had access to all the knowledge on the Force he could ever use. He obliterated one of the top Jedi of the Order at that time while freezing the entire senate. He killed the spirit of Freedon Nadd. Exar was able to exist in a more powerful state than any other person that I can think of. Dooku just can't keep up with that.

BTW, what thread was it that we were talking about Nihilus' power? I can't remember which one that was.

What does his "access" have to do with anything when he didn't study that knowledge and/or only had 6 months? He killed one ith wyrm. He defeated a guy with a wooden stick while freezing non force sensitives. He killed a spirit. You haven't added anything of substance here.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
Actually, on second thought. Revan wins.

Plo Koon + creek = pwnage!!!

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by truejedi
actually i didn't know that. it is a factor. You have convince me with your convincing argument. Dooku wins when Kun gets lead poisoning from the cheap paint on his amulets.

Straight from the department of redundancy department.

Lightsnake
Exar was killing Sith wyrms.
He killed ONE with uncontrolled bursts

You mean he gathered it right before he died and never used any, right?

The latter is a feat surpassed by C'Baoth of all people. The former Wow, he beat Vodo, who was a total joke compared to the top tiers

Killed the spirit of Nadd in a way having nothing to do with personal power, right? Was 'able' to exist He used a ritual to anchor his spirit and screwed up and trapped himself

Weltall
Didn't C'Baoth simply apply Battle Meditation on a large number of beings rather than actually freeze them, like Exar Kun did? Regardless of that, who's to say that a superior showing from C'Baoth automatically discredits Exar Kun's showing in relation to Dooku's established ability? Unless you can substantiate Dooku's level of ability in relation to C'Boath at the particular point in time that he performed the feat, then it's largely irrelevant with respect to this thread.

Until then, as far as the evidence that has been brought to the table goes, Exar Kun has displayed a far greater capacity for power then Dooku has and by all presented evidence Dooku's level of power isn't even close.

Lightsnake
C'Baoth was mind controlling the population of Weyland..

Given C'Baoth was kind of a joke next to Dooku back in the day, too..

Sabers? Dooku takes him. Handily

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Lightsnake
C'Baoth was mind controlling the population of Weyland..

Given C'Baoth was kind of a joke next to Dooku back in the day, too..

C'baoth was controlling a small city, was he not? Furthermore, C'Baoth was one of the most revered Jedi Masters in the Order. Far from a joke next to Dooku.

Sabers? Dooku takes him. Handily

Evidence?

And he has since has time to gain control. How is that a problem?

Granted he didn't have a ton of time, but to say he never used any is a bit ridiculous, don't you think?

The latter is a feat surpassed by C'Baoth of all people.

How do you figure that C'baoth surpassed it? Furthermore, would that not just go to show that Dooku is inferior in the Force to C'Baoth as well? What can you show from Dooku that surpasses either feat? Also, might the clone have become more powerful than when he left the Order with several decades of time to kill?

The former Wow, he beat Vodo, who was a total joke compared to the top tiers

Where did you gather this from?

Killed the spirit of Nadd in a way having nothing to do with personal power, right? Was 'able' to exist He used a ritual to anchor his spirit and screwed up and trapped himself

How did it have nothing to do with personal power? Will he be fighting naked?

How does using a ritual make it any less impressive? Is there even any real difference between a ritual and any other Force technique? It's all the Force.

truejedi
wait a minute. C'baoth was absolutely NOT a joke. Remember him holding a missile in mid-air in the middle of a conference room? While the missile still had fuel, and was still trying to move. Yoda's showing exactly how difficult that was with the ICBM in Dark Rendevous speaks to C'Baoth's abilities.

Point 2 on C'baoth: He was powerful enough that Sidious came up with an elaborate plan to take him away from the Jedi order. THAT should speak to his ability.

Finally: C'Baoth choking thrawn from a completely different ship is something that only Vader has been shown to do in the mythology, so it is impressive as well.

Don't hate on the crazy dude!

SIDIOUS 66
Actually Sidious was able to force choke Admiral Termo from lightyears away. This happens in the book Escape from Thyferra.

Lightsnake
C'baoth was controlling a small city, was he not? Furthermore, C'Baoth was one of the most revered Jedi Masters in the Order. Far from a joke next to Dooku.
Is there any evidence he'd even give Dooku that good a fight? Dooku was second pretty much only to Yoda amongst the Jedi and he only got stronger as a Sith

All his accolades and feats...and the people he ebat tend to have SOME backing

Wll, he's not firing them against mindless, stationary creatures

He died literally HOURS later. He fled right to Yavin with the Jedi on his heels

Controlling as many people C'Baoth did>The thousands that Kun did. And given Dooku was strongest next to Yoda in the order? C'baoth's inferiority to an actual sith is made pretty clear, too

Give me a single time Vodo demonstrated as impressive that'd stack up to even General Grievous or Asajj Ventress. Getting stomped by Kun twice is not that good. Given Jedi could pull off that 'fight with a stick' thing in Jedi vs. Sith comic (Torr Snappit)...what's Vodo's one feat, beating a very talented padawan?

Don't list it as a feat if all he did was the equivalent of pulling a trigger

When you consider he screwed it up himself and the description of the comic makes it clear it's the items and rital rather than something Kun could just do under his own power...

darthbanelives
i think Kun would win this one, if he was at the height of his power.

Ms.Marvel
wasnt cboath ultimately killed by mara jade of all people?

i havent read the book in long time but in tLC she killed him and there werent even special circumstances behind it from i remember he wasnt weakened or distracted or anything he launched some lightning she sidestepped it ran up and cut him down.

that doesnt really sound all that impressive to me tbh. no expression

EDIT-

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Maracbaoth.jpg

lolWUT? she whooped his ass. laughing out loud

truejedi
No, that was the C'baoth Clone. Much different than C'baoth. Clone was mentally unstable.

C'baoth was killed when his ship was destroyed by Chiss bombs.

Ms.Marvel
i know.

he was mentally unstable but there are different ways of being mentally unstable. theres nothing that points to him being unstable in a way that would dampen his combat abilities. in fact it was during his times as a clone that he showed his strongest powers like mind controlling the entire crew of Thrawns ship and making them fight better.

EDIT- from what i remember his "instability" resulted in him having mood swings delusions of grandeur and paranoia. is there any other noted affects?

truejedi
no, his strongest feats were his battle meditation against thrawn, and his holding the missile stationary in a room for several seconds while it attempted to advance. THAT is an incredible TK feat.

Clone != C'Baoth though. two different people One had many years of Jedi training, one very few. No way the clone was as powerful as C'Baoth.

Ms.Marvel
er... it was a direct clone. same memories same mannerisms same body. where are you coming from in stating one was weaker than the other? experience is a completely mental concept meaning it exists only within in the brain similar to muscle memory with muscles ergo if a brain is completely copied along with all of its memories and thoughts any "training" or experience that goes with it is transferred as well.

youre essentially saying "no because hes a clone. and thats it". why? if hes stated to be a direct clonein every then there is no difference between the two. thats like saying dark empire palpatine and palpatine are two different people. erm its the same situation. de palpatine was cloned from his original self but still possessed the same memories personality and powers in fact he built off of those powers and became a stronger incarnation. you wouldnt say that de palpatine is weaker because he doesnt have the life time of training his original incarnation had, though.

Lord Lucien
Just to say it, but DE Palpatine WAS Palpatine, just in another body. While Joruus C'baoth was a clone with a clone mind.

truejedi
Palpatine was able to change bodies with everything intact based on force techniques. Only the body was cloned. C'baoth was made in the same cloning facilities that created the clone troopers, they were not born with skills and memories, it was learned behavior.

Where is your source that says C'baoth's clone and C'baoth were exactly equal?

They were two different people, so for that assumption to be made, it had to have been stated somewhere.

BoratBorat

The latter is a feat surpassed by C'Baoth of all people. The former Wow, he beat Vodo, who was a total joke compared to the top tiers

Killed the spirit of Nadd in a way having nothing to do with personal power, right? Was 'able' to exist He used a ritual to anchor his spirit and screwed up and trapped himself Give it a break LS, almost none of us give a damn about debating SW anymore, this isn't the golden days of 2006.

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by truejedi
Palpatine was able to change bodies with everything intact based on force techniques. Only the body was cloned. C'baoth was made in the same cloning facilities that created the clone troopers, they were not born with skills and memories, it was learned behavior.

he was made with the same spartii cylinders but that doesnt mean he underwent the same treatment. the fett clones were deliberately cloned with different memories. since memories are nothing more than little impulses in our brain what would stop them from cloning everything about him.

i dont have any that are available to me. im taking the stance that ive taken because i have not seen any sources that say they are different people entirely.

but out of curiosity why do you think that theyre different? the cbaoth clone obviously knew his fair share of force techniques. what makes you think that he is a weaker incarnation? its never stated that sideous or anyone else taught him so how would the clone know techniques such as lightning and battle meditation if he didnt know them already? sitting inside of a mountain by yourself for 20 years surrounded by non-force sensitives doesnt grant you the same force forte that trained force users have.

Lord Lucien
I agree that the clone likely was given C'Baoth's memories. Prowess in the Force, especially to the degree of Battle Meditation, doesn't come naturally. He would have had to have been given either years of training (by who?) or given his progenitor's memories and knowledge. Seeing that that is well within the realm of Star Wars stuff, it's entirely possible.

truejedi
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel

i dont have any that are available to me. im taking the stance that ive taken because i have not seen any sources that say they are different people entirely.

He is a clone, not the same person, by the definiton of a clone. You certainly don't need any sources other than a dictionary to draw that distinction.

It is canon that C'Baoth died aboard his ship against thrawn. So therefore, it is IMPOSSIBLE that the clone is the same person as C'baoth. Since they are different people, (albeit, both named C'baoth) then the burden of proof would fall to you that they possess the same abilities.

Well, besides the above, which is indeed proof, there is also the fact that the clones sped-up development in the cloning chambers had made the clone mentally unbalanced. Something along the lines of they couldn't make clones any faster than 10 years or something, and the C'baoth clone was grown to adulthood in less time than that. Thrawn discusses the point, if i remember.

If you remember, C'baoth, the clone, is a mental case.

C'baoth, the Jedi Master, (since the clone was never of the jedi order, he's not a jedi master) never became mentally unbalanced. He fell to the dark side right before his death, but he was in full control of his mental capacities when he did so.

If absolutely NOTHING else, a mental deficiency means that the clone would be inferior to C'baoth.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.