Captain America (Rogers) vs. Deathstroke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JakeTheBank
1st Scenario: Random Encounter, No BL
2nd Scenario: 24 hours of Prep, no outside help/assistance, No BL.
3rd Scenario: Random Encounter, Bloodlust is on.

BattleMage
Draw

celeyhyga17
Cap

JakeTheBank
Any reasoning for either choice?

namorsubby
scenario one is the closest match, with DS coming out on top......2 is an absolute massacre.......& 3 is not so much better

Colossus-Big C
Cap has shield advantage

galactusischere
DS wins all scenarios

AsbestosFlaygon
Been done b4.

With all the stips even.

Close match..
Cap America has the stamina... Deathstroke has the strength, and maybe skill.

Deathstroke for the easy win if Cap decides to goe toe-to-toe on close quarters.

SamZED
DS all three.
Cap more or less = Batman
DS > Batman
so
DS > Cap stick out tongue

supremthor
Originally posted by namorsubby
scenario one is the closest match, with DS coming out on top......2 is an absolute massacre.......& 3 is not so much better

I couldn't have said it better.

Juk3n
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Deathstroke has the strength, and maybe skill to get held to a standstill by Nightwing, so yeah DS wins.

thumb up

stick out tongue

AsbestosFlaygon
Yeah, like Nightwing didn't manage to pull that one on his own series erm

Battlehammer
Been done b4.

With all the stips even.

Close match..
Cap America has the stamina... Deathstroke has the strength, and maybe skill.

Deathstroke for the easy win if Cap decides to goe toe-to-toe on close quarters.
Prove that Deathstroke has the strength. There is no way that DS who 3 tier in skill the better in skill to a top tier like Capt.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Battlehammer
Prove that Deathstroke has the strength. There is no way that DS who 3 tier in skill the better in skill to a top tier like Capt. where do you get he's a tier 3 in skill?

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Starscream M
where do you get he's a tier 3 in skill?
Because of he feats. Batman, night wing, green arrow ect. All are inferior physically to DS, but each give him a hell of a fight due to the fact they are superior in skill.

Starscream M
Because of he feats. Batman, night wing, green arrow ect. All are inferior physically to DS, but each give him a hell of a fight due to the fact they are superior in skill. or because its a comic, and they have to make it entertaining

DS has often been depicted as a team wrecker...which is his true indication of skill

Battlehammer
or because its a comic, and they have to make it entertaining

DS has often been depicted as a team wrecker...which is his true indication of skill
Yet it happens consistently.

THat does not make you more skilled espcially given the fact he tends to have one sided prep. Also wolerine, capt , spiderman ect. have all wrecked teams so I guesses spiderman super skilled right roll eyes (sarcastic)

also I find it funny that when DS fights them one on one he does not do nearly as well could it be that the teams jobb to him

Starscream M

also I find it funny that when DS fights them one on one he does not do nearly as well could it be that the teams jobb to him maybe, but perhaps he jobs when its one on one

Battlehammer
maybe, but perhaps he jobs when its one on one
If you ever read a comic or fight when DS takes it to the team it quite evident there jobbing, to the point they get into eachothers way or some how forget there thousands of times faster then DS........

Survivor19
i think Batman would wreak the Teen Titans even worse, though...

carver9
Cap wins all 3. He is just plain out better than deathstroke in EVERY physical category.

Cap 8/10 in each except prep. I think ds can prep a lot better than cap

SamZED
Originally posted by carver9
Cap wins all 3. He is just plain out better than deathstroke in EVERY physical category.

Cap 8/10 in each except prep. I think ds can prep a lot better than cap I was always under impression that Cap and Batman are pretty close in all physical aspects, im not insisting that's true but that's what I always thought. Also DS's got hf, that's an advantage.

Juk3n
Originally posted by SamZED
I was always under impression that Cap and Batman are pretty close in all physical aspects, im not insisting that's true but that's what I always thought.

you mean you thought that the 'SUPER SOLDIER SERUM' was really just a 'Regular Trained Human Serum'?

carver9
Originally posted by Juk3n
you mean you thought that the 'SUPER SOLDIER SERUM' was really just a 'Regular Trained Human Serum'?

lol

carver9
I was always under impression that Cap and Batman are pretty close in all physical aspects, im not insisting that's true but that's what I always thought. Also DS's got hf, that's an advantage.

No, they are not equals. Cap ran a mile in a minute; that feat alone makes him>>>>batman.

TheKahn
I was always under impression that Cap and Batman are pretty close in all physical aspects, im not insisting that's true but that's what I always thought. Also DS's got hf, that's an advantage.

Cap has some strength feats that clearly put him into the super human strength category. Why Marvel keeps insisting that he is only peak human is beyond me.

Chopsum
DS and Cap are very similar in physical attributes, DS has a better healing factor.

DS is gonna take 2/3 of those scenarios.

tideoftime
Originally posted by TheKahn
Cap has some strength feats that clearly put him into the super human strength category. Why Marvel keeps insisting that he is only peak human is beyond me.

No kidding!

I would say, with that in mind, that they are relatively equal, with Cap having the edge in a non-BL situation, and DS working him good if he has good prep. If BL all around, it depends; if Cap has the fate of the world/an innocent at immediate stake, then he'll find the strength to win, if DS simply has the drop and BL, then I edge in his favor.

SamZED
you mean you thought that the 'SUPER SOLDIER SERUM' was really just a 'Regular Trained Human Serum'? Yeah.. cause you know Batman is just an average dude that knows karate.. confused

JakeTheBank

Really? Cap winning all three is one thing, but 8/10 in each except prep? I'd figure the two of them are at least more evenly matched than that. Slade is just as much of a super-soldier as Steve is.

AsbestosFlaygon
Cap's stamina advantage is negated by DS's HF advantage.

This is a great fight, but I don't see Cap winning in close quarters.

Cap may be peak human, but DS is superhuman in almost every aspect..
Honestly, Cap is the underdog in this match..
Skill (arguably better than Batman), intelligence (DS utilizes 90% of his brain power), durability (HF), and strength (pulled a ship that a hundred men couldn't) is on DS's favor.

supremthor

laughing laughing laughing laughing

supremthor
Like DS said to bats rite before bats blacked out, "I'm stronger, faster, and more vicious."

-Pr-
DS should win due to his being quicker.

And yes, he's a team wrecker.

JakeTheBank
Does the outcome change in any of your opinions if both combatants are without weapons or equipment?

TheKahn
I'd go with DS in all three. They are relatively close in most category, but DS has far more impressive reflex feats (ie taking on members of the Flash family). Bloodlust really doesn't affect him as its in his character to go for the kill. Also, I imagine that prep only gives him a greater advantage as his job is essentially to take down metas, while Cap might simply have to settle for some Starktech that he's not used to using.

vansonbee
No, they are not equals. Cap ran a mile in a minute; that feat alone makes him>>>>batman. Into Batman fist!
I'd go with DS in all three. They are relatively close in most category, but DS has far more impressive reflex feats (ie taking on members of the Flash family). Bloodlust really doesn't affect him as its in his character to go for the kill. Also, I imagine that prep only gives him a greater advantage as his job is essentially to take down metas, while Cap might simply have to settle for some Starktech that he's not used to using. Agreed ^

namorsubby
you mean you thought that the 'SUPER SOLDIER SERUM' was really just a 'Regular Trained Human Serum'? Calling Batman a "regular trained human" is about as much as an understatement as there can be

same goes for bats......and about a million other
"peak humans/non-super-powered streetlevelers".........it wouldn't be comics if everything wasn't a little exaggerated......even human ability

Juk3n

Cap may be peak human, but DS is superhuman in almost every aspect.

Put the damn handbooks down, Cap is super human, theres a goddamn respect thread proving it not 4 mouse clicks away from here.

TheKahn
Put the damn handbooks down, Cap is super human, theres a goddamn respect thread proving it not 4 mouse clicks away from here.

thumbs_up

someone is channeling All Star Batman...

Prep-Man
DS.

rotiart
I love cap to death.... My gf got me cap memorbilia in fact...

But I gotta go with ds...
Top tier fighting skill
healing factor...
able to tag the flash
has taken down batman
it took batman and several batmanites to take down ds during ic...

Basically you get into
skill - tie
strength - cap
speed- ds
hf - ds
durability - cap
agility - tie?
Intelligence ds

iceman24567
Skill is not a tie

rotiart
Who do you give it to then?

Deadline
Not again.

rotiart
If you ever read a comic or fight when DS takes it to the team it quite evident there jobbing, to the point they get into eachothers way or some how forget there thousands of times faster then DS........

Like when cap fights frost giants or the wrecking crew who normally fight Thor...or ultron...

Battlehammer
Originally posted by rotiart
Like when cap fights frost giants or the wrecking crew who normally fight Thor...or ultron...
Wrecking crew fluctuate so much that a terriable example.

Frost giants? another terriable example the average ones powers arnt even that tough.

try again.

iceman24567
Who do you give it to then? Captain American is a couple tiers above Slade

supremthor

skill - DS
strength - Tie
speed- DS
hf - DS
stamina- Cap
durability - DS
agility - tie?
Intelligence -DS

thats more like it!

Battlehammer
Originally posted by supremthor
thats more like it!
.....if your delusional perhaps.....

supremthor
skill - DS

strength - Tie = strength of a 100 men http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/895/deathstrokestrength9kq.jpg

speed- DS = http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/2695/newtitansv206220rougherun0.jpg
http://img454.imageshack.us/i/sladeflash3ea.jpg/
http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/3742/teentitans5pyratep02034iv.jpg
http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/683/dsphoefeat3lp.jpg
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/9016/deathstrokeannual03122pl.jpg

hf - DS = http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/3869/sladeheal10tw.jpg
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/2877/sladeheal22kt.jpg

stamina- Cap

durability - DS = 40 rounds from anti-tank machine gun straight into the chest, then kicks some ass.
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/4844/sladedurable4xa.jpg
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/9670/sladedurable21wr.jpg
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/66/sladedurable36kr.jpg

agility - tie or slade with a slight edge.
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/2835/deathterm1217ww7.jpg
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/2711/deathterm1218fz3.jpg

Intelligence -DS

khazra
Ds wrecked a team once where he knew exactly what he was going to do and alot of PiS was involved.
Cap has similar feats. In the early avengers days he ran rings around teh whole squad for the mto train and none of them used to land a hit for minutes.

DS has one strength feat to put him stronger than cap & it not in continuity. No-one in marvel is beyond being KOd by cap and class 100s have fallen before him. Cap's even hurt onslaught.

Iron Fist has flat out failed to connect with cap past the shield. Iron Fist who amps his stats to legit superhuman levels and is one of the most skilled guys on marvel earth.

Cap & batman are not equals. Cap would walk over him.

Deathstroke's HV is not like wolverines and never has it been. Its really not enough to factor into a fight....

Omega Vision
I'd like to see how well Slade would do without his bullshit "90% brain activity" thing and his super-soldier enhancements. He certainly wouldn't be wrecking teams or embarrassing MA legends. Basic skills (not taking his enhanced speed, strength, or his tactical abilities into account) only he'd probably be on a similar level to Green Arrow or the Vic Sage Question. Highly skilled but not elite and certainly not Captain America level.

And khazra no way in hell would Cap ever walk over Batman. He could beat him but only after one very long fight due to his superior stamina when compared to Batman's and the shield.

Batman-Prime
Batman would walk over Cap. 5 times out of 10....

As for this thread.

1. Cap
2. DS
3. Cap

rotiart
Wrecking crew fluctuate so much that a terriable example.

Frost giants? another terriable example the average ones powers arnt even that tough.

try again.

Okay then cap vs mr Hyde...iron man...

And frost giants have a base stat just like wrecking crew...

And the average giants... Are still giants... That fight with 40 ton average asgardians... Who still neede the avenger help ie cap and crewCap also decapitation an ultron...

Point is people job. Don't pick and choose just case it suits your side

Lord Feron
Cap
DS (should rape him pretty good)
Cap

Juk3n

Certainly not a top tier fighter, Tell that to Ironfist or Temugin and gtfo.

Not battlefield regeneration to the extent of a weapon X , so it matters not. he's limped away from a prolonged fight with Batman, let alone someone who is Batmans physical superior in every way.

So he's either as fast as Flash, in which case this must be spite, or he simply anticipated the path Flash would move to and hit him..Low showing for flash certainly, id go as far as to call Spidey/firelord on any low meta - who can just about hang with the batman - tagging Wally f**king west or Ballen.

Omega Vision
Certainly not a top tier fighter, Tell that to Ironfist or Temugin and gtfo.

Not battlefield regeneration to the extent of a weapon X , so it matters not. he's limped away from a prolonged fight with Batman, let alone someone who is Batmans physical superior in every way.

So he's either as fast as Flash, in which case this must be spite, or he simply anticipated the path Flash would move to and hit him..Low showing for flash certainly, id go as far as to call Spidey/firelord on any low meta - who can just about hang with the batman - tagging Wally f**king west or Ballen.

First off: He has never limped away from a one on one fight with Batman, he's a team wrecker to the point that when Batman and Nightwing managed to beat him in IC most fans cried foul because Batman, Nightwing, AND Robin is just enough to STALEMATE him ordinarily. He normally kicks Batman's ass one on one.

Second: Cap and Batman are comparable in every way with Cap's only real advantage being stamina.

Third: Tagging the Flash doesn't mean he's as fast as the Flash, you're just conflating the meaning of speed which in this case refers to reaction time and reflexes. It was within his ability to have a chance at tagging Flash and I believe half of it was luck but the other half was him being inhumanly fast, faster than Cap.

TheKahn
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I'd like to see how well Slade would do without his bullshit "90% brain activity" thing and his super-soldier enhancements. He certainly wouldn't be wrecking teams or embarrassing MA legends. Basic skills (not taking his enhanced speed, strength, or his tactical abilities into account) only he'd probably be on a similar level to Green Arrow or the Vic Sage Question. Highly skilled but not elite and certainly not Captain America level.

And khazra no way in hell would Cap ever walk over Batman. He could beat him but only after one very long fight due to his superior stamina when compared to Batman's and the shield.

no expression
I'd like to see how well Cap would do without his bullshit "unbreakable shield" thing and his super-soldier enhancements. He certainly woldn't be wrecking teams or embarrassing MA legends.

For that matter lets take away that bs gamma radiation from the Hulk and see how much damage Bruce Banner can do. Or make Superman a regular human and put him into a pit of Singapore dick slugs and see how long he can last.

Good idea.

iceman24567
Take away both of their abilities Cap is still a elite martial artist Slade isn't.

TheKahn
Originally posted by iceman24567
Take away both of their abilities Cap is still a elite martial artist Slade isn't.

No, cap would be a 90lb weakling who should be approaching 90 years of age at this point.

Omega Vision
no expression
I'd like to see how well Cap would do without his bullshit "unbreakable shield" thing and his super-soldier enhancements. He certainly woldn't be wrecking teams or embarrassing MA legends.

For that matter lets take away that bs gamma radiation from the Hulk and see how much damage Bruce Banner can do. Or make Superman a regular human and put him into a pit of Singapore dick slugs and see how long he can last.

Good idea.
I was saying that Deathstroke beats most of his opponents not due to skill as much as his enhanced abilities and tactical acuity. Of course he's skilled just not to the same level as Cap or Batman. Cassandra Cain doesn't fear him because he's more skilled she fears him because he's superhuman not to mention vicious.

TheKahn
I was saying that Deathstroke beats most of his opponents not due to skill as much as his enhanced abilities and tactical acuity. Of course he's skilled just not to the same level as Cap or Batman. Cassandra Cain doesn't fear him because he's more skilled she fears him because he's superhuman not to mention vicious.

Judging the "skill" of any two characters is a dubious proposition at best. There is no clear way to measure it and definitions of what is "skill" can vary from person to person. In my mind....

Cap = one of the most capable h2h fighters in his universe = Deathstroke

BattleMage
Captain America and Deathstroke are basically one in the same in there own universe's.

tideoftime
Originally posted by BattleMage
Captain America and Deathstroke are basically one in the same in there own universe's.

In general concept, yes. That's a better comparison than Batman and Captain America. While they are radically different as *applied* characters, they are conceptually not that different.

supremthor
Originally posted by tideoftime
In general concept, yes. That's a better comparison than Batman and Captain America. While they are radically different as *applied* characters, they are conceptually not that different.

and buy forum rules Ds still wins, by no means would it be easy. while they are close in terms speed and etc, he is still slightly above cap.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by supremthor
skill - DS

strength - Tie = strength of a 100 men http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/895/deathstrokestrength9kq.jpg

hf - DS = http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/3869/sladeheal10tw.jpg
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/2877/sladeheal22kt.jpg

DS

prove it

thats not even cannon

Feat he never reproduce, other words un usable. He for a single few issues had an actaul healing factor sinces then he shown utter crap.

Battlehammer
Judging the "skill" of any two characters is a dubious proposition at best. There is no clear way to measure it and definitions of what is "skill" can vary from person to person. In my mind....

Cap = one of the most capable h2h fighters in his universe = Deathstroke

Not really it quite easy to compare the two. Just looks at there feats. Capt crush DS.

DS is not a top Tier MA if he was he woudlent have Batman giving him all hell or NW for that matter. If he was on there skill level he destroy him, but he doesent becuase he not.

-Pr-
Not really it quite easy to compare the two. Just looks at there feats. Capt crush DS.

DS is not a top Tier MA if he was he woudlent have Batman giving him all hell or NW for that matter. If he was on there skill level he destroy him, but he doesent becuase he not.

he has destroyed batman, though.

TheKahn

huh

So if you lose to a top tier MA or job to someone i their solo series, then you're automatically not one yourself?

I think Martial Arts ability gets slightly overrated on this forum. Knowing a great deal of fighting forms does not automatically make you more effective than someone who knows one or two very well. DS has made a career out of taking down metahuman many of which are stronger, faster, and more durable than Cap (and more than once mind you).

To be fair, Cap does have plenty quality feats to his name as well as low showings that tend to be forgotten.

That being said, I'm still going with DS. He as a clear speed and arsenal advantage with comparable strength and durability. I don't think any difference in their fighting ability, as small as it would be, would make enough of a difference.

Omega Vision
huh

So if you lose to a top tier MA or job to someone i their solo series, then you're automatically not one yourself?

I think Martial Arts ability gets slightly overrated on this forum. Knowing a great deal of fighting forms does not automatically make you more effective than someone who knows one or two very well. DS has made a career out of taking down metahuman many of which are stronger, faster, and more durable than Cap (and more than once mind you).

To be fair, Cap does have plenty quality feats to his name as well as low showings that tend to be forgotten.

That being said, I'm still going with DS. He as a clear speed and arsenal advantage with comparable strength and durability. I don't think any difference in their fighting ability, as small as it would be, would make enough of a difference.
Karate Kid would like to have a word with you.

TheKahn
Karate Kid would like to have a word with you.

I know, as would Gamora. And in those cases exception have to be made as their MA ability is nearly incalculable. But for the majority of fights, and in this one in particular, I don't think whatever difference might exist is enough to determine the outcome.

namorsubby
using the few instances where DS has been given problems by comparable opponents(like NW, bats, GA, etc) doesn't undermine the fact that he routinely, since his initial conception has taken on and beaten teams of heroes......something that no one aforementioned(along with cap) can or has done consistently.

if someone wants to bring up individual matches with grade A peak humans.....why not mention how he completely embarrassed Cassandra Cain......whom is IMO a better fighter than cap and anyone of those peak humans who he has "had problems with"

also......having problems with, but also at the same time thrashing the crap outta batman is no where near a justification for cap standing a chance here.......he dominated him h2h in a way that cap just can't...........there's no argument against that

Battlehammer
Originally posted by -Pr-
he has destroyed batman, though.
Not really he limb way extremely injuried. Thats not crushing Batman. He also physically superior in every sense.

-Pr-
Not really he limb way extremely injuried. Thats not crushing Batman. He also physically superior in every sense.

i think we're talking about different instances.

namorsubby
Not really he limb way extremely injuried. Thats not crushing Batman. He also physically superior in every sense. he pounded bats mercilessly in the closing moments of that fight......the fact that he was injured is completely irrelevant........there's no way i could even imagine caps doing such a thing to bats with his bare hands

Battlehammer
using the few instances where DS has been given problems by comparable opponents(like NW, bats, GA, etc) doesn't undermine the fact that he routinely, since his initial conception has taken on and beaten teams of heroes......something that no one aforementioned(along with cap) can or has done consistently.

if someone wants to bring up individual matches with grade A peak humans.....why not mention how he completely embarrassed Cassandra Cain......whom is IMO a better fighter than cap and anyone of those peak humans who he has "had problems with"

also......having problems with, but also at the same time thrashing the crap outta batman is no where near a justification for cap standing a chance here.......he dominated him h2h in a way that cap just can't...........there's no argument against that
Except the teams jobs and it obvious. A number of characters take it to teams, but does not mean they should. Yet everytime DS fights them solo he does not fair nearly as well. There more examples of him not doing well vs people solo then taking teams.

CC is not better then capt. She also does shitty verse him becuase as stated she can't read his movements, and when she oriignally lost that power batman would not even let her patrol.

Not really DS could barly stand after the fight thats far from dominating.

Battlehammer
he pounded bats mercilessly in the closing moments of that fight......the fact that he was injured is completely irrelevant........there's no way i could even imagine caps doing such a thing to bats with his bare hands
then you be mistaken.

Battlehammer
i think we're talking about different instances.
naw were not, you just scene out of context scene most likely. Some people tend to show the part were DS wins, but not the part were he extremely injuired after.

namorsubby
then you be mistaken. I be mistaken?

lol, well, i think i understand what you're trying to say.........but you're still gonna have to explain to me why on earth you would think that.

-Pr-
also, i dunno what post it was, but Green Arrow isn't in DS' league at all. In their last fight that i can recall, he took on both him AND Black Canary, and had Ollie on his knees begging him not to kill Dinah by the end of it.

It was only the JLA turning up that stopped the fight, and DS STILL escaped.

Battlehammer
I be mistaken?

lol, well, i think i understand what you're trying to say.........but you're still gonna have to explain to me why on earth you would think that.

If Capt fought Batman in h2h he would beat him harder then DS did, assume CIS was not ineffect.

Battlehammer
DS and Capt are quite similar physically.

TheKahn
Except the teams jobs and it obvious. A number of characters take it to teams, but does not mean they should. Yet everytime DS fights them solo he does not fair nearly as well. There more examples of him not doing well vs people solo then taking teams.

CC is not better then capt. She also does shitty verse him becuase as stated she can't read his movements, and when she oriignally lost that power batman would not even let her patrol.

Not really DS could barly stand after the fight thats far from dominating.

Once or twice might indicate jobbing, but doing it consistently (even being known for it) is something else, imo.

Batman-Prime
If Capt fought Batman in h2h he would beat him harder then DS did, assume CIS was not ineffect.

Iyo.

namorsubby
If Capt fought Batman in h2h he would beat him harder then DS did, assume CIS was not ineffect. lol......and what makes you think that?

seriously though, cap smashing bats in the fashion slade did is not gonna happen......many like to peg the two as equal(due to them both being described as slighty superhuman), but in reality he is much more comparable to someone like batman than someone like slade

namorsubby
Once or twice might indicate jobbing, but doing it consistently (even being known for it) is something else, imo. EXACTLY

tideoftime
Once or twice might indicate jobbing, but doing it consistently (even being known for it) is something else, imo.

I agree. It's actually one of DS's specialties that he often works better against a group than against individuals (as he can often play each attackers' styles/assaults against others, or in a co-defense manner).

JakeTheBank
At the end of the fight in question (at the beginning of Deathstroke #8), Slade's arm in pretty banged up, but he can still walk, stand, and even ride a bike fine. He goes on to say that without his enhancements, he wouldn't like to face Batman. I'm inclined to believe that w/o his enhancements, Rogers would be in the same boat. Also, judging from the fight itself, Batman seemed to be exerting himself more so than Slade was, actively trying to bring Slade in where Slade himself would have much rather just went about his way. In the end, Batman is KOed laying under a bookcase where Slade walks away favoring his arm and that's about it. Take that as you will.

comicfan11
It's clear that Cap gets wrecked in second and third scenario

As for the first scenario
DS takes this every time
Cap is peak human.
DS is metahuman.

Cap is far more comparable to Batman than Slade.

DS has downed Donna Troy in a physical fight (no swords or guns) and a gorilla transformed Beast Boy using one hand (I think Cyborg was holding his other hand or something).

Plus he is a consistently portrayed team wrecker.
DS 10/10

Battlehammer
I find this funny that now your willing to acknowledge consistences.

How many times you think capt beaten on teams? I could bet it more then twice my friend.

namorsubby
cap is not a team beater.......never been pegged as one because he's never done so consistently, period.

if you disagree.......provide something to show otherwise......also take into consideration the caliber of the teams cap has taken on and compare them to DS's teams

Battlehammer
cap is not a team beater.......never been pegged as one because he's never done so consistently, period.

if you disagree.......provide something to show otherwise......also take into consideration the caliber of the teams cap has taken on and compare them to DS's teams
so you think DS can beat teams really now so if I made a thread you defend slade doing so?

I mean capt can't be any more inconsistent then a guy who has trouble everytime he versa them solo.

How many times has DS beat a team? How many times did he have one sided prep?

I bet your the kind of person who argues DS hitting flash as legitment speed feat.

Then there some one I know that consistently beat namor, but you refuse to acknolwedge it I find this interesting.

-Pr-
so you think DS can beat teams really now so if I made a thread you defend slade doing so?

I mean capt can't be any more inconsistent then a guy who has trouble everytime he versa them solo.

I bet your the kind of person who argues DS hitting flash as legitment speed feat.

Then there some one I know that consistently beat namor, but you refuse to acknolwedge it I find this interesting.

he does fine without prep too.

he didn't hit flash. he simply guessed where flash would run and stuck his sword out. flash ran in to him.

Battlehammer
he does fine without prep too.

he didn't hit flash. he simply guessed where flash would run and stuck his sword out. flash ran in to him.

Inorder to achieve that you have to be reacting at speed able to percieve a light speed character, and that character with light speed reflexes would then not have the speed to dodge the attack.

He also shot kid flash as well..........with a gun.......which is rediculous

TheKahn
Inorder to achieve that you have to be reacting at speed able to percieve a light speed character, and that character with light speed reflexes would then not have the speed to dodge the attack.

Not really. He has known Wally for years and fought him numerous times. He simply predicted what type of attack Wally would launch at the start of the fight and acted accordingly to counter.

Had Wally not been so predictable things would have been different.

Battlehammer
Not really. He has known Wally for years and fought him numerous times. He simply predicted what type of attack Wally would launch at the start of the fight and acted accordingly to counter.

Had Wally not been so predictable things would have been different.
But even in there first encounter. It has nothing to due with predictability it jobbing. Everyone hits him, hell look at his rouge gallery, so if DS does it, does it really mean he even that fast? Predicting him would not matter becuase wally reflectes are light speed as well, which means he be percieving DS as moving in slow motion vast slow motion, no amount of predicting could overcome that.

Hell in comics it seems to be vastly harder to hit quick silver then the flashes.

TheKahn
But even in there first encounter. It has nothing to due with predictability it jobbing. Everyone hits him, hell look at his rouge gallery, so if DS does it, does it really mean he even that fast? Predicting him would not matter becuase wally reflectes are light speed as well, which means he be percieving DS as moving in slow motion vast slow motion, no amount of predicting could overcome that.

Hell in comics it seems to be vastly harder to hit quick silver then the flashes.

That's because the Flash(s) are subject to the same whims of the writers as everyone else in comics. You or I may not like it that powers are inconsistently depicted, but its the writers who get to decide what is canon and what is not. And DS being a team wrecker is canon in DC erm

-Pr-

actually no. he set up his charges in a way to force wally to run a certain way. if i had his strength, i could have done it if i'd held out a sword before he'd run at me. it wasn't his reflexes that made that feat possible; it was his knowledge of how flash is likely to fight.

kid flash didn't see the attack coming. how is that in any way wrong?

rotiart
it isn't. you are just facing a poster that uses certain arguments when it suits him, and then refutes them when it doesn't. don't take it the wrong way. big grin

namorsubby

1. lol, well yes, but it would have to depend on the team and the history he's had against them

2.lol once more........who said he has trouble against Grade A peak human everytime he faces them......one contradiction i can think of is Cassandra Cain

3.I'm guessing enough times to be pegged as a "team-beater" by all of comicdom......cap hasn't obviously. one-sided prep wouldn't help too many streetlevelers in a match against hordes of characters of superhuman caliber, especially if they're still engaging them physically.also, he hasn't always had prep.

4.No, i'm the kind of person who understands the reasoning behind such a feat and thus deems it valid....apparently you're not.

5.lol, I bet you mention him in every thread don't you. to make this short:
You're definition of "consistent" needs work I'd assume. he's "won" the majority of their fights......but has never been displayed as someone who can take on a character of that class, caliber, or powerset consistently......as Namor has never been displayed so awfully as to be able to lose to such a "minor threat" to someone of his caliber.....at least not consistently(only in those fights)

Daredevil1
Cap wins 1 and 3.

Daredevil1
Also I love how Slade fans try to pass off Slade carrying that cable feat when its been proven to be non cannon. Cap also has a feat of lifting an entire car easily and holding up tons of girders(in a non canon book)

Plus Cap's cannon strength feats are better.

And I love how Slade fans insist Slade is superhuman when DC itself states he's "almost" superhuman. Which Cap has been called this as well.

And lets not forget that Cap's SSS healing is pretty darn impressive in itself.

Bottom line these two guys stories are very similar with Cap having over all the better feats.

namorsubby
fail

Juk3n
Originally posted by Daredevil1

And lets not forget that Cap's SSS healing is pretty darn impressive in itself.

It's not battlefield regeneration, his enhanced healing is useless in these scenerios.

DS takes the prep battle, Cap takes the non-prepd

namorsubby
why on earth would he take any scenario is what im wondering

wammamram
cap would wipe the floor with deathstorke

namorsubby
okay......how so?

Prep-Man
Mop the floor? Yeah, right.

Deadline
Cap wins 1 and 3.

Tha C-Master
Man I remember back in 05 when Slade was considered this big deal on the forum and could take out like Spiderman and Wolverine with no problem. Now in 09 he can't beat Cap, or is around his level. Man things change. Back then Slade had high level precog and could beat the Flash in a fight by a couple of member's admission.

Oh and "MA" skill is not a direct indicator of fighting efficienty and furthermore all heroes on here are skilled if they can take on more than one person at once. That *is* the definition of skill.

SamZED
are u saying that he's depowered these days? I wasnt aware of that. But his last showing against ravagers do suck.

Tha C-Master
are u saying that he's depowered these days? I wasnt aware of that. But his last showing against ravagers do suck. I was talking more about how he was represented on the forum by some...

SamZED
i personally always thought he's above cap and bats. Thougt he's slightly below logan, and unlike wolverine and deadpool his good showings are more constant.

rotiart
i personally always thought he's above cap and bats. Thougt he's slightly below logan, and unlike wolverine and deadpool his good showings are more constant.

I feel the same

Juk3n
i personally always thought he's above cap and bats. Thougt he's slightly below logan,

how does that work since Cap can be argued > Logan, are you weighing stats alone? strength/speed/reaction/skill, because there's no clear winner between logan and Cap.

Offensive output? Shield vs claws?

Or are you saying Logan is > Cap because of the HF? Please clarify when you say DS is "Above Cap but below Logan"..how can DS fit perfectly between the 2 when they are so comparible?

carver9
Cap wins this 8/10

Omega Vision
how does that work since Cap can be argued > Logan, are you weighing stats alone? strength/speed/reaction/skill, because there's no clear winner between logan and Cap.

Or are you saying Logan is > Cap because of the HF? Please clarify when you say DS is "Above Cap but below Logan"..how can DS fit perfectly between the 2 when they are so comparible?
Dude Logan is>Cap because of HF, durability, strength, and claws. Cap's advantage is in skill but Wolverine is good enough to compensate.

carver9
1. lol, well yes, but it would have to depend on the team and the history he's had against them

2.lol once more........who said he has trouble against Grade A peak human everytime he faces them......one contradiction i can think of is Cassandra Cain

3.I'm guessing enough times to be pegged as a "team-beater" by all of comicdom......cap hasn't obviously. one-sided prep wouldn't help too many streetlevelers in a match against hordes of characters of superhuman caliber, especially if they're still engaging them physically.also, he hasn't always had prep.

4.No, i'm the kind of person who understands the reasoning behind such a feat and thus deems it valid....apparently you're not.

5.lol, I bet you mention him in every thread don't you. to make this short:
You're definition of "consistent" needs work I'd assume. he's "won" the majority of their fights......but has never been displayed as someone who can take on a character of that class, caliber, or powerset consistently......as Namor has never been displayed so awfully as to be able to lose to such a "minor threat" to someone of his caliber.....at least not consistently(only in those fights)

So wolverine beating the wendigo, fighting on par with a rage hulk, defeating hercules, the thing, going h2h with an enraged grey hulk ending in a stalemate, beating rogue house, a 100 tonner, etc.... still make you think that he cant beat someone like namor. He has fought and defeated people that is either>>namor or on his level so what are you talking about?

Wolverine have to many showings that PROVES that he'll fu** namor up if given the chance and he has had at least 3 to 4 chance and has won the majority out of all of their appearanes.

Back on topic, Cap 8/10 in a fight

Juk3n
Dude Logan is>Cap because of HF, durability, strength, and claws. Cap's advantage is in skill but Wolverine is good enough to compensate.

Right, so between Logan and Cap what puts Logan above is, the Ada skeleton, the HF and the claws..none of which DS has - well he has the HF, but it's hardly been shown as a battlefield regen on par with even half that of Logan.

There's still Speed/Reaction/Skill/strength to be argued, in the case of Logan and Cap, which are very very close as the 50+pages of their thread will tell you. And with combatants that evenl;y matched you want to slot DS neatly inbetween them and say he's > Cap but < Logan. I don't buy it. That logic is faulty for the very reason that Cap could be > Logan in some areas. DS has none of the clear durability advantages that would account for alot of wolverines wins against Cap. That was my only point to what the guy i quoted first said (SamZED).

Deadline

thumb up I keep telling the fanboys that. thumb up

Bentley
I think DS got debunked when he fought Batman. That showing hurted his credibility.

Deadline
^ I think you might be right and his showings vs Nightwing.

SamZED

Or are you saying Logan is > Cap because of the HF? Please clarify when you say DS is "Above Cap but below Logan"..how can DS fit perfectly between the 2 when they are so comparible? I meant that Logan is above Cap as in if they fight CIS off Logan would murder him all things concidered.

Originally posted by Bentley
I think DS got debunked when he fought Batman. That showing hurted his credibility. Which fight are you talking about? 'cause i've only seen 2, in the first one DS beat him and in the second Slade was mopping the floor with him the whole time till Bruce cheapshotted him.

namorsubby
So wolverine beating the wendigo, fighting on par with a rage hulk, defeating hercules, the thing, going h2h with an enraged grey hulk ending in a stalemate, beating rogue house, a 100 tonner, etc.... still make you think that he cant beat someone like namor. He has fought and defeated people that is either>>namor or on his level so what are you talking about?

Wolverine have to many showings that PROVES that he'll fu** namor up if given the chance and he has had at least 3 to 4 chance and has won the majority out of all of their appearanes.

Back on topic, Cap 8/10 in a fight namor's never fought wendigo.......but he's fought and beaten the hulk several times, along with about 15 stalemates. he has several stalemates against herc, has one-shotted thing.....has fought surfer,thor,black bolt,sentry.....beat captain marvel, abomination, iron man, nova, etc etc etc........wolvie is no way near what namor does routinely.......so let's not even talk feats.

you put cap up 8/10 against a guy who can fight a team of people who have members that can beat cap individually....just one instance that comes to mind is him fighting donna troy, nightwing, jericho, ravager, and batgirl. nightwing could at least give cap a great fight......cassandra is IMO a better MA.........and donna troy is a freakin' wonder woman.......come on. you're simply a.....*ahem*......confused individual

shiv
yes

JakeTheBank
Bump

Truthslayerxx
Deathstroke would win

h1a8
Believe or not popularity plays a role here. That is why Cap is getting the consideration he is. Also DS is a villain (not a popular one like Thanos or Doom) and he will often get bad showings against heroes who are far beneath him (can't have the villain winning right?)

With that said

DS is physically superior (strength for example) and is just about as skilled (when he is at his best). DS has HF which is a huge advantage here and several weapons and gadgets. CA has to be at least 5 times better than DS just to overcome that HF advantage. Because it will take 5 hits from CA vs. 1 hit from DS to even things out. I don't see this happening in a forum fight.

Thus DS wins.
2. is just unfair.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.