Sadam Yat and Classic Infinity Man vs. Thor and Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zeuodin
No Jobbing.

How would this fight go?

supremthor
Originally posted by Zeuodin
No Jobbing.

How would this fight go?

Infinity Man kills all three.

Zeuodin
Originally posted by supremthor
Infinity Man kills all three.
Not DOTNG Infinity Man. He was far more powerful than Classic.

Slaanesh
Yat > Thor
i don't know about IM and Surfer..but i'll give this to team 1..

supremthor

Classic had was somewhat like a lower level Mxy, and thats still more then enough to take take any of the three.

xJLxKing
They are all the same version, he never had an amp

AS for the fight itself, Team 1. Sodam is still stronger and better then SS, or Thor

jasofisc
so i'm assuming that this is ion yat right, he's the week link. he can't beat anyone and he has more power then all three. oh how i hate yat team two wins because yat starts going good then forgets how he has a near infinit power source and trys to take thor and surfer with his daxium power alone. infinity man walk away in discussed

xJLxKing
Originally posted by jasofisc
so i'm assuming that this is ion yat right, he's the week link. he can't beat anyone and he has more power then all three. oh how i hate yat team two wins because yat starts going good then forgets how he has a near infinit power source and trys to take thor and surfer with his daxium power alone. infinity man walk away in discussed
1- His ring is the problem. It is not allowing him to tap into the ION force at full power. It is a way the Guardians limit him. He can't remove the ring because he will die from the Lead Poisoning
2- He is still tougher then either of the members in team 2. He has all the powers of a kryptonian that would allow him to hand with Thor and SS, while having more power then the strongest GL. Remember, regular GL like Hal, Guy..etc were babies to Superman Prime. Superman himself was getting peirced by Superman Prime's Heat Vision will depowered, yet when he was at full power, he couldn't do it to Yat. Don't forget, Guy and the others are easily dismissed by Prime; not Yat.

jasofisc
Originally posted by xJLxKing
1- His ring is the problem. It is not allowing him to tap into the ION force at full power. It is a way the Guardians limit him. He can't remove the ring because he will die from the Lead Poisoning
2- He is still tougher then either of the members in team 2. He has all the powers of a kryptonian that would allow him to hand with Thor and SS, while having more power then the strongest GL. Remember, regular GL like Hal, Guy..etc were babies to Superman Prime. Superman himself was getting peirced by Superman Prime's Heat Vision will depowered, yet when he was at full power, he couldn't do it to Yat. Don't forget, Guy and the others are easily dismissed by Prime; not Yat.
1- where is that stated still he should be able to hand mongul his @$$

2- babies? hal knocked him away a few times which is about as good as ion did

um i don't remember prime trying to pirece ion only that he was burning him. by the way lead pips don't have the density to ram though a normal GL sheild let alone ion. Those pipes didn't even bend when they went into yat.

face it yat is the worst Gl seriously the guy didn't even get a win against nero without help or mongul for that matter. I had high hopes for ion but it apears he's dc's sentry.

jasofisc
he has the powers of a daxiumite which is a little less then a kyptionan it's like prime says "your superman lite with power ring"

xJLxKing
1- where is that stated still he should be able to hand mongul his @$$

2- babies? hal knocked him away a few times which is about as good as ion did

um i don't remember prime trying to pirece ion only that he was burning him. by the way lead pips don't have the density to ram though a normal GL sheild let alone ion. Those pipes didn't even bend when they went into yat.

face it yat is the worst Gl seriously the guy didn't even get a win against nero without help or mongul for that matter. I had high hopes for ion but it apears he's dc's sentry.
He requested to get access to Full ION power when he fought Mongul and his corps, however the ring denied it because of the ring. This was stated in GL 36
As for the Poison, Ion got the poison when he fought Prime.

Hal never did anything Prime worth mentioning. Just like Hal, or Kyle, or the other 50 Gl who died by a simple attack from Heat Vision, or Freeze Breath. Hal(or guy) lost his arm because Prime felt like breaking like a toothpick.

Yat with ION force>Guy or any other regular GL

With feat he is weaker, but it's simply. His durability>their. His power like Kryptonian>Theirs, and the rings generate the same power

jasofisc
He requested to get access to Full ION power when he fought Mongul and his corps, however the ring denied it because of the ring. This was stated in GL 36
As for the Poison, Ion got the poison when he fought Prime.

Hal never did anything Prime worth mentioning. Just like Hal, or Kyle, or the other 50 Gl who died by a simple attack from Heat Vision, or Freeze Breath. Hal(or guy) lost his arm because Prime felt like breaking like a toothpick.

Yat with ION force>Guy or any other regular GL

With feat he is weaker, but it's simply. His durability>their. His power like Kryptonian>Theirs, and the rings generate the same power

thanks for the reference after the prime fight i really didn't care for yat. Still has he taken down any top tier person on his own yet????

knocking prime back when he wanted to kill guy is worth mentioning.

iceman24567
Yat sucks Infinity Man wrecks shit though.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Slaanesh
Yat > Thor
i don't know about IM and Surfer..but i'll give this to team 1.. Thor would utterly crush Yat.Originally posted by xJLxKing
2- He is still tougher then either of the members in team 2. He has all the powers of a kryptonian that would allow him to hand with Thor and SS, while having more power then the strongest GL. Remember, regular GL like Hal, Guy..etc were babies to Superman Prime. Superman himself was getting peirced by Superman Prime's Heat Vision will depowered, yet when he was at full power, he couldn't do it to Yat. Don't forget, Guy and the others are easily dismissed by Prime; not Yat. What?

xJLxKing

knocking prime back when he wanted to kill guy is worth mentioning.
No, it's not. Prime easily decimated a guy who people could argue is just as good as Hal, if not a little worse.

Even in TOTGLC 01 Ion, Kyle admits that Yat is the most powerful GL because of his ION+Dax power. His fight with Nero pretty much proved that

iceman24567
The fact is Yat sucked at using his abilities erm

quanchi112
No, it's not. Prime easily decimated a guy who people could argue is just as good as Hal, if not a little worse.

Even in TOTGLC 01 Ion, Kyle admits that Yat is the most powerful GL because of his ION+Dax power. His fight with Nero pretty much proved that Prime also failed to dominate Superboy. Let's not just act like Prime not jus eradicating someone is proof through abc logic of anything. Please.

Thor absolutely smashes Ion.

xJLxKing
Still better then the other GL wink

xJLxKing
Originally posted by quanchi112
Prime also failed to dominate Superboy. Let's not just act like Prime not jus eradicating someone is proof through abc logic of anything. Please.

Thor absolutely smashes Ion.
Do you even read GL, or DC?

quanchi112
Still better then the other GL wink Most of the gl's are cannon fodder anyways, but I think Hal definitely outshines him. This has nothing to do with Thor who absolutely smokes him.

xJLxKing
Most of the gl's are cannon fodder anyways, but I think Hal definitely outshines him. This has nothing to do with Thor who absolutely smokes him.
They have more showings. By the statement, and the powers they possess, yat as ION> an GL

His fight with Nero proved that. Not only did ION convert all the Nero's energy, but he overloaded him. He then used that converted energy to beat him easily

quanchi112
They have more showings. By the statement, and the powers they possess, yat as ION> an GL

His fight with Nero proved that. Not only did ION convert all the Nero's energy, but he overloaded him. He then used that converted energy to beat him easily Which has nothing to do with Hal. Let's talk about Ion getting taken prisoner by Mongul.

Ion is a joke up to this point.

xJLxKing
Which has nothing to do with Hal. Let's talk about Ion getting taken prisoner by Mongul.

LFMAO, keep trying to lowball a character fact is
ION defeated the same guy Kyle was about to lose to, or almost lose to.

Ion just converts all of Kyle Energy into ION's

quanchi112

Ion just converts all of Kyle Energy into ION's It's Kyle. He's seen better days and Hal is the greatest gl. You are referring to one feat which has nothing to do with Hal or the characters involved in this thread. You get lost in a debate and are trying to debate with me over things I never once stated or even hinted at.

xJLxKing
It's Kyle. He's seen better days and Hal is the greatest gl. You are referring to one feat which has nothing to do with Hal or the characters involved in this thread. You get lost in a debate and are trying to debate with me over things I never once stated or even hinted at.
LFMAO, you jumped in the debated. I had a debate with jasofisc. If you don't have nothing to add to the debate, shut you mouth.

But unfortunately for you, you can't seem to not post, or stop trying to find an argument

quanchi112
LFMAO, you jumped in the debated. I had a debate with jasofisc. If you don't have nothing to add to the debate, shut you mouth.

But unfortunately for you, you can't seem to not post, or stop trying to find an argument My point is Ion hasn't proven himself. He had one good showing against Nero. That's it. Nothing to suggest he can take on either Thor or Norrin. My point was obvious yet you missed it and went on to start a mini debate against Kyle.

Zeuodin

But unfortunately for you, you can't seem to not post, or stop trying to find an argument
Well.

carver9
My point is Ion hasn't proven himself. He had one good showing against Nero. That's it. Nothing to suggest he can take on either Thor or Norrin. My point was obvious yet you missed it and went on to start a mini debate against Kyle.

LOL, JLKing just got owned. laughing out loud

Galan007
Not DOTNG Infinity Man. He was far more powerful than Classic. infinity man = infinity man. there are not different versions of him.

if you have proof to the contrary, please post it. smile

Zeuodin
Originally posted by Galan007
infinity man = infinity man. there are not different versions of him.

if you have proof to the contrary, please post it. smile
You mean besides the fact that DS used to match or exceed IM? And in DOTNG he was going to be killed by him. IM was more powerful than Takion who had HF's staff as well as his own powers. If IM never changed, That would mean DS never did either. And DS was shown to match or exceed him in previous encounters.

Galan007
You mean besides the fact that DS used to match or exceed IM? And in DOTNG he was going to be killed by him. IM was more powerful than Takion who had HF's staff as well as his own powers. If IM never changed, That would mean DS never did either. And DS was shown to match or exceed him in previous encounters. darkseid used to match and exceed almost any character(s) in DC - but that was decades ago. things have significantly changed since then.

for instance: in their most recent *direct* encounter (superman confidential) IM easily blocked the omega beams as though it were nothing. he was clearly shown to be superior.

furthermore, there were absolutely no references to IM having been 'amped' during DotNG. thus assuming he was 'amped', simply because you disagree with the characters he so easily owned is... fallacious, to say the least.

Zeuodin
darkseid used to match and exceed almost any character(s) in DC - but that was decades ago. things have significantly changed since then.

for instance: in their most recent *direct* encounter (superman confidential) IM easily blocked the omega beams as though it were nothing. he was clearly shown to be superior.

furthermore, there were absolutely no references to IM having been 'amped' during DotNG. thus assuming he was 'amped', simply because you disagree with the characters he so easily owned is... fallacious, to say the least.
There are no references to DS being depowered. The only references are that every time he loses,it's an avatar. So unless it's shown, then your example would fit for DS too. Also, Superman Confidential was years ago. Like when Superman first met DS. Many times after that, IM was easily held, bfr'd, even seperated by DS.

Galan007
There are no references to DS being depowered. The only references are that every time he loses,it's an avatar. So unless it's shown, then your example would fit for DS too. Also, Superman Confidential was years ago. Like when Superman first met DS. Many times after that, IM was easily held, bfr'd, even seperated by DS. i never said darkseid was depowered - just that he's most certainly been portrayed differently (in a weaker sense) over the years. that much is an unarguable fact to any logical person.

but does any of the above really matter? nah. if you disagree with a darkseid loss, you'll simply cry "avatar", even if the story itself never once alluded to avatar-usage. lol, this crap nvr ceases to amaze me.
facepalm

superman confidential = a far more recent telling of superman's first encounter with the new gods. thus the showings from said comics should be taken as the more canonical evidence. that again is an unarguable fact to any logical person.

what this ultimately boils down to is the fact that absolutely no power-ups were ever mentioned (or so much as hinted at) where IM is concerned. you can try to argue this fact by bringing up decades-old showings all you want, but the point still remains.

Batman-Prime
what this ultimately boils down to is the fact that absolutely no power-ups were ever mentioned (or so much as hinted at) where IM is concerned. you can try to debate this unarguable fact by bringing up decades-old showings all you want - but the point still remains.

Hm,
I also seemed to remember that an amp was mentioned. I just have an hardcover Book called "The Death of the New Gods". I don't know if more such arcs existed but anyway.

Here are the amp scans, they aren't very good but my scanner is not the best and i can't rip the pages off stick out tongue.

"This is where the Change in our Foe occured"

Batman-Prime
2nd

"My readings show he received a massive infusion of celestial energy at this point. But from whom? or what?""

"Stranger still is the fact that this infusion was delivered to him along a temporal path. His enchanced powers were gifted to him from somwhere in the distant past."

"The identity of the god-killer's benefactor needs be ascertained"

Zeuodin
i never said darkseid was depowered - just that he's most certainly been portrayed differently (in a weaker sense) over the years. that much is an unarguable fact to any logical person.

but does any of the above really matter? nah. if you disagree with a darkseid loss, you'll simply cry "avatar", even if the story itself never once alluded to avatar-usage. lol, this crap nvr ceases to amaze me.
facepalm

superman confidential = a far more recent telling of superman's first encounter with the new gods. thus the showings from said comics should be taken as the more canonical evidence. that again is an unarguable fact to any logical person.

what this ultimately boils down to is the fact that absolutely no power-ups were ever mentioned (or so much as hinted at) where IM is concerned. you can try to argue this fact by bringing up decades-old showings all you want, but the point still remains.
Except we do know there was a power up. The Source was using the IM as his agent. never before has that happened so the circumstances around the IM changed. And I never cried avatar. I think none of the DS showings matter since grant morrison retconned them all out with FC. Just a point of reference, the comics said that if a being with sufficient power came along, they could beat one of his avatars. I didn't say that. the comic did. So why are you arguing against the comics?

Zeuodin
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
2nd Thanks. I guess I was right. As always. smile

jasofisc

Even in TOTGLC 01 Ion, Kyle admits that Yat is the most powerful GL because of his ION+Dax power. His fight with Nero pretty much proved that

isn't that the same one where kyle was holding back to give yat a chance against nero? also he was talking about ion's ablity to use nero's constructs against him.

jasofisc
Originally posted by iceman24567
The fact is Yat sucked at using his abilities erm

my point exactly but as soon as anyone makes a true statement about a dc character that isn't favorble the dc fanboys come out of the woodwork

Galan007
"His enchanced powers were gifted to him from somewhere in the distant past." key point of that comment, don't you think?

Batman-Prime
Thanks. I guess I was right. As always. smile

No one is always right wink. Except me no expression

I just though you were treated unfairly.

And Galan seems to be a nice guy, normally.
We should stick together, we are the last line of defense against the Marvel biased meance! laughing

Am i going to far? angel

jasofisc

Ion just converts all of Kyle Energy into ION's

almost lost to are you joking or are you purposfully trying to miss lead. Kyle was holding back a lot. both yat and kyle stated this

Galan007
Except we do know there was a power up. The Source was using the IM as his agent. never before has that happened so the circumstances around the IM changed. in one of IM's very first showings, darkseid revealed the he = the source. that's his history.

and acting as the source's direct agent, doesn't imply a power-up in the slightest.

Zeuodin
in one of IM's very first showings, darkseid revealed the he = the source. that's his history.

and acting as the source's direct agent, doesn't imply a power-up in the slightest. It's already been posted. The IM had a power up just like I said he did. And in two different scans no less.

Batman-Prime
key point of that comment, don't you think?

Yes but not in the context you implied, IMO. The source was "hiding" in the past, Metron followed it there. They can go through the time. The source empowered IM in the Bleed, temporarly, but it still resides in the past. As i understood it anyway it doesn't mean that IM was empowered longt time ago, he was empowered by someone from the distant past.

I can post the scans where metron confronts the source (in the ice age) and asks if it is "currently involved in the destruction of the new gods"

Zeuodin
No one is always right wink. Except me no expression

I just though you were treated unfairly.

And Galan seems to be a nice guy, normally.
We should stick together, we are the last line of defense against the Marvel biased meance! laughing

Am i going to far? angel
Actually you are right. The Marvel Bias thing is crazy around here. People are saying things like Spider Man is faster than Cheetah. Thor is Stronger than Superman. They have Surfer beating DS. Just crazy stuff.

jasofisc
Actually you are right. The Marvel Bias thing is crazy around here. People are saying things like Spider Man is faster than Cheetah. Thor is Stronger than Superman. They have Surfer beating DS. Just crazy stuff.

you mean like batman is faster than spiderman, superman would be unaffected by odin and would ***** slap thanos, yeah totaly a marvel bias ..... sure

Zeuodin
you mean like batman is faster than spiderman, superman would be unaffected by odin and would ***** slap thanos, yeah totaly a marvel bias ..... sure I haven't seen any such stuff. And I certainly haven't made any comments or posts like that.

jasofisc
by the way infinity man would rip the hearts out of thor and surfer on his own. my only point in this is that yat sucks he's hasn't beat anyone on his own and he should have the power of a skyfather

iceman24567
you mean like batman is faster than spiderman, superman would be unaffected by odin and would ***** slap thanos, yeah totaly a marvel bias ..... sure
I see bias on both sides nothing different than the norm erm

jasofisc
I haven't seen any such stuff. And I certainly haven't made any comments or posts like that.

not you others.... that wasn't ment as a personal attack on you

jasofisc
Originally posted by iceman24567
I see bias on both sides nothing different than the norm erm

true

Galan007
It's already been posted. The IM had a power up just like I said he did. And in two different scans no less.
in one of IM's very first showings, darkseid revealed the he = the source. that's his history. the fact that metron stated the 'amp' happened in the "distant past" is further solidification.

I can post the scans where metron confronts the source (in the ice age) and asks if it is "currently involved in the destruction of the new gods" of course the source was involved in said destruction. it planned the whole thing after all.

xJLxKing
My point is Ion hasn't proven himself. He had one good showing against Nero. That's it. Nothing to suggest he can take on either Thor or Norrin. My point was obvious yet you missed it and went on to start a mini debate against Kyle.
LFMAO
Yeah, having Kryptonian power, and the unlimited energies of ION isn't enough to take on Thor, or SS
By feats themselves, ION was able to convert someone else's energy into his own. That alone makes him a much better GL then the rest.
By feats, his was able to tank Heat Vision from PRime where characters like GL, Hal, Guy, Superman so many others could not.
By feats, Yat was able to take on Prime where characters like other GL may not.

If you go buy feats, Superman>>>>>>>>>>>anyone on his peer list. That includes CM, BA, WW, and many other

It is when the characters themselves match up against each other and put in the same situation that truly shows how good they are.

What is more IDIOTIC of you is to have the audacity to change the subject and act as if it was where you were arguing the entire time. You act as if you are smart. You are an idiot. You join an argument talking about how Ion is the worst Gl, and YOU EVEN STATE that THOR has nothing to do with you argument. A post later you change it saying that it has to do with Thor. LFMAO, you can't even stick to one subject, or debate. All you idiotic post consist of you changing you stance in an attempt to look like you have some logic, or common sense. If you can't bother to stay in one argument, then DON't replay and the world will love you for it. This forum doesn't need an idiot.

As proof, I state that ION is still better then most GLs
Still better then the other GL wink
then you counter it by saying and STATING THAT THOR IS NOT in the debate with this post
Most of the gl's are cannon fodder anyways, but I think Hal definitely outshines him. This has nothing to do with Thor who absolutely smokes him.

Then you switch your stance by saying saying it has nothing to do with Hal, EVEN THOUGH the debate is if ION Yat is better then Hal, Kyle, or other GL
Which has nothing to do with Hal. Let's talk about Ion getting taken prisoner by Mongul.

Then you shift your idiocy to another matter saying and bringing THOR AND NORRIN into the argument when originally you said they have nothing to do with this, Originally posted by quanchi112

So please stay in subject. We are debating whether or not ION is stronger then other GL.

Batman-Prime
the fact that metron stated the 'amp' happened in the "distant past" is further solidification.

of course the source was involved in said destruction. it planned the whole thing after all.

You don't like to be wrong and you certainly are to stubborn to accept it. So more power to you wink.
Though, when IM was always as powerful, why even mention the "Change" and "massive infusion of celestial energy"?

Nevermind wink

xJLxKing
isn't that the same one where kyle was holding back to give yat a chance against nero? also he was talking about ion's ablity to use nero's constructs against him.
Where was that stated?

jasofisc
Where was that stated?

same comic when yat was talking to kyle after nero was defeated. Yat says something to the effect like ..... he sure got his hands around your neck easy and kyle is like i don't know what your talking about

quanchi112
LFMAO
Yeah, having Kryptonian power, and the unlimited energies of ION isn't enough to take on Thor, or SS
By feats themselves, ION was able to convert someone else's energy into his own. That alone makes him a much better GL then the rest.
By feats, his was able to tank Heat Vision from PRime where characters like GL, Hal, Guy, Superman so many others could not.
By feats, Yat was able to take on Prime where characters like other GL may not.

If you go buy feats, Superman>>>>>>>>>>>anyone on his peer list. That includes CM, BA, WW, and many other

It is when the characters themselves match up against each other and put in the same situation that truly shows how good they are.

What is more IDIOTIC of you is to have the audacity to change the subject and act as if it was where you were arguing the entire time. You act as if you are smart. You are an idiot. You join an argument talking about how Ion is the worst Gl, and YOU EVEN STATE that THOR has nothing to do with you argument. A post later you change it saying that it has to do with Thor. LFMAO, you can't even stick to one subject, or debate. All you idiotic post consist of you changing you stance in an attempt to look like you have some logic, or common sense. If you can't bother to stay in one argument, then DON't replay and the world will love you for it. This forum doesn't need an idiot.

As proof, I state that ION is still better then most GLs

then you counter it by saying and STATING THAT THOR IS NOT in the debate with this post

Then you switch your stance by saying saying it has nothing to do with Hal, EVEN THOUGH the debate is if ION Yat is better then Hal, Kyle, or other GL

Then you shift your idiocy to another matter saying and bringing THOR AND NORRIN into the argument when originally you said they have nothing to do with this,

So please stay in subject. We are debating whether or not ION is stronger then other GL. In theory he should be able to, but based on his showings he most certainly wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell against either marvel character. The word marvel goes hand in hand with you along with ignorance. You don't have a clue and think since you read a few gl comics you can base an entire argument around that.

Superboy also took on Prime and scarred him for life. By that reasoning Superboy someone becomes more formidable than both Superman and Hal Jordan. Your logic is elementary, narrow minded, and ignorant.

Feats don't determine these matchups. Never have and never will. Yat was defeated by Mongul. Yat was spanked by Prime. It was one sided and was a complete owning. That you'd argue that based on this Yat some how becomes more formidable than Superman based on one hv blast while Superman was trying to talk sense into Prime and change him for the better is beyond me.

Your rant is laughable. Yat has another power source different than the regular gl's. What happened to Kyle when he was tapped into the Ion energies, genius? Was he being taken hostage by Mongul? Nope. Even with this uber source he hasn't done anything overtly impressive. Your case rests on Nero. If you think that blows away the rest of this thread or the best of the gl's I suggest you read comics and quit posting until you do so.

Kyle's best, Hal's best are both better than what we have seen from Yat. It's not even close. To make matters worse you are using ownings of Yat is proof of his awesomeness. I can't even believe I am reading most of your posts. It's unheard of to use a stomping by another character as proof of Yat's uberness.

Yat is incompetent and is linked with a great power source he has since proven himself to be a joke considering what we have seen the Ion force capable of in the past. I can see why you like him.

Zeuodin
In theory he should be able to, but based on his showings he most certainly wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell against either marvel character. The word marvel goes hand in hand with you along with ignorance. You don't have a clue and think since you read a few gl comics you can base an entire argument around that.

Superboy also took on Prime and scarred him for life. By that reasoning Superboy someone becomes more formidable than both Superman and Hal Jordan. Your logic is elementary, narrow minded, and ignorant.

Feats don't determine these matchups. Never have and never will. Yat was defeated by Mongul. Yat was spanked by Prime. It was one sided and was a complete owning. That you'd argue that based on this Yat some how becomes more formidable than Superman based on one hv blast while Superman was trying to talk sense into Prime and change him for the better is beyond me.

Your rant is laughable. Yat has another power source different than the regular gl's. What happened to Kyle when he was tapped into the Ion energies, genius? Was he being taken hostage by Mongul? Nope. Even with this uber source he hasn't done anything overtly impressive. Your case rests on Nero. If you think that blows away the rest of this thread or the best of the gl's I suggest you read comics and quit posting until you do so.

Kyle's best, Hal's best are both better than what we have seen from Yat. It's not even close. To make matters worse you are using ownings of Yat is proof of his awesomeness. I can't even believe I am reading most of your posts. It's unheard of to use a stomping by another character as proof of Yat's uberness.

Yat is incompetent and is linked with a great power source he has since proven himself to be a joke considering what we have seen the Ion force capable of in the past. I can see why you like him. No. In your mind, your favorite character and company determine these match ups. To everyone else, feats do determine the match ups.

quanchi112
No. In your mind, your favorite character and company determine these match ups. To everyone else, feats do determine the match ups. No, they don't. It's how the characters matchup with one another. If you want to do the feat route then Glads dances all over most characters as he has shown the ability to perform at 100 times the speed of light. I guess we ignore his matchups against other characters and go by his bestest feats. This is how they debate on cbr.

Zeuodin
No, they don't. It's how the characters matchup with one another. If you want to do the feat route then Glads dances all over most characters as he has shown the ability to perform at 100 times the speed of light. I guess we ignore his matchups against other characters and go by his bestest feats. This is how they debate on cbr. I dont' care about cbr. And Gladiator hasn't fought at 100 times light. he's flown that fast. Not the same thing.

quanchi112
I dont' care about cbr. And Gladiator hasn't fought at 100 times light. he's flown that fast. Not the same thing. He was fighting at those speeds. It was you who wanted to go by feats and feats alone. I guess since Superman's feats blow Black Adam and Captain Marvel out of the water we have to ignore their fights and go solely by feats. I feel bad with the characters with less exposure because they have no chance in your feats decide who wins type of attitude.

Zeuodin
He was fighting at those speeds. It was you who wanted to go by feats and feats alone. I guess since Superman's feats blow Black Adam and Captain Marvel out of the water we have to ignore their fights and go solely by feats. I feel bad with the characters with less exposure because they have no chance in your feats decide who wins type of attitude. a fight is a feat. Didn't you just miss that. you were the one who said a fight didn't count. why am I arguing with you? you just tried to demean all of yat's fights that someone else posted and said we don't go by feats. He cited Yat's battle feats. Now you are saying battle feats do count. But only for marvel characters I suppose. Nice chatting with you.

quanchi112
a fight is a feat. Didn't you just miss that. you were the one who said a fight didn't count. why am I arguing with you? you just tried to demean all of yat's fights that someone else posted and said we don't go by feats. He cited Yat's battle feats. Now you are saying battle feats do count. But only for marvel characters I suppose. Nice chatting with you. I always said comparisons were the ultimate determining factor of these battles. Feats help, but don't really prove anything by themselves.

His logic also means that Superboy is greater than Superman and Yat. He scarred Prime for all time. His logic was completely ridiculous.

Zeuodin
I always said comparisons were the ultimate determining factor of these battles. Feats help, but don't really prove anything by themselves.

His logic also means that Superboy is greater than Superman and Yat. He scarred Prime for all time. His logic was completely ridiculous. Superboy Got his hand crushed to dust by prime. Superman and Yat both have never had anything like that happen. Thus they are greater than Superboy .

jasofisc
Superboy Got his hand crushed to dust by prime. Superman and Yat both have never had anything like that happen. Thus they are greater than Superboy .

nor have they scared superboy prime even with their best shots. yat and superman are greater then superboy koner because their power are greater. no matter how you look at it yat has sucked it up ever since he got the ion. I don't understand why when yat is suppose to be the greatest green lantern ever. He's feats don't even stack up to kyle as ion or hal as paralax. and their just humans .

xJLxKing
nor have they scared superboy prime even with their best shots. yat and superman are greater then superboy koner because their power are greater. no matter how you look at it yat has sucked it up ever since he got the ion. I don't understand why when yat is suppose to be the greatest green lantern ever. He's feats don't even stack up to kyle as ion or hal as paralax. and their just humans .
You are confusing things.
Kyle, Hal, Guy, Alan, John all have more showings then characters like Yat. This does NOT mean they beat him.

It's been shown that when both characters Guy and Kyle where in the same situation as Yat, they did much worse then him.

By your logic, Superman is leagues above Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman, Doomsday, and any body else that is considered his peer

jasofisc
Kyle, Hal, Guy, Alan, John all have more showings then characters like Yat. This does NOT mean they beat him.

It's been shown that when both characters Guy and Kyle where in the same situation as Yat, they did much worse then him.

By your logic, Superman is leagues above Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman, Doomsday, and any body else that is considered his peer

they did worse then getting the crap beat out of them to the point they almost died. i'm guessing no

jasofisc

nope because captain marvel, wonder woman, doomsday don't get their but handed to them every time they fight someone that is a herld level character like yat does. beat by mongul can it get any worse for someone who has superman power a power ring and a near infinite power source inside them. any other person in dc would have handed mongul jr. his @$$ with any one of those three

Slaanesh
Yat with Ion power is greater than any normal Lantern..he's basically Supes with a GL ring..Yat > Hal,Kyle,Supes,Thor,SS and any top tier..why can't u people just accept that..

Batman-Prime
Yat with Ion power is greater than any normal Lantern..he's basically Supes with a GL ring..Yat > Hal,Kyle,Supes,Thor,SS and any top tier..why can't u people just accept that..

It's hard to get some respect if you are DC's Sentry no expression

Slaanesh

what makes u think he's like Sentry??he's not afraid to use his power..he didn't job all the time..

Batman-Prime
what makes u think he's like Sentry??he's not afraid to use his power..he didn't job all the time..

Sentry has some good showings too. Both can't live up to the hype, however. Which is really sad. I imagined Sentry >= Superman, but he lacks the feats. The same goes for Sodam Yat.

jasofisc

exactly but with even more hype like decades worth of hype. and such a let down

jasofisc
anyone disagree that infinity man can take out thor and surfer

Slaanesh
Sentry has some good showings too. Both can't live up to the hype, however. Which is really sad. I imagined Sentry >= Superman, but he lacks the feats. The same goes for Sodam Yat.

when he fought Mongul..i think he didn't use the Ion power cuz if i'm not mistaken..he need permission to access it..so..it's not really a low showing..when he does use the Ion power..he is really awesome..

jasofisc
when he fought Mongul..i think he didn't use the Ion power cuz if i'm not mistaken..he need permission to access it..so..it's not really a low showing..when he does use the Ion power..he is really awesome..

with out ion power he's a damaximite with a power right he should be able to take out mongul. kyle and hal do.

Zeuodin
with out ion power he's a damaximite with a power right he should be able to take out mongul. kyle and hal do. He'd be just a match for Mongul since Mongul also had a power ring and is a match for Superman in most cases.

xJLxKing
nope because captain marvel, wonder woman, doomsday don't get their but handed to them every time they fight someone that is a herld level character like yat does. beat by mongul can it get any worse for someone who has superman power a power ring and a near infinite power source inside them. any other person in dc would have handed mongul jr. his @$$ with any one of those three
Prime is not high herald.
Mongul JR. just beat Sinestro senseless. Although, Sinestro did win by overiding his ring.

Sinestro=Kyle, Hal, Guy, or any other Gl
So Yat fighting MOngul to that level was impressive, he didn't even, but he didn't lose till he said to put his shield down

Zeuodin
Prime is not high herald.
Mongul JR. just beat Sinestro senseless. Although, Sinestro did win by overiding his ring.

Sinestro=Kyle, Hal, Guy, or any other Gl
So Yat fighting MOngul to that level was impressive, he didn't even, but he didn't lose till he said to put his shield down
Mongul was high herald before he ever got one ring.

xJLxKing
Not high herald. He was some where between Superman and WW

Slaanesh
with out ion power he's a damaximite with a power right he should be able to take out mongul. kyle and hal do.

when did Kyle or Hal take out Mongul with 6 rings????

xJLxKing
He didn't. In fact, 6 regular GL including some major ones were stalemating him.

Zeuodin
Not high herald. He was some where between Superman and WW WW would be at the very top of Mid herald or at the middle of High herald. Where would Mogul have left to go? he certainly couldn't give Superman all that drama if he were mid herald only.

xJLxKing
WW would be at the very top of Mid herald or at the middle of High herald. Where would Mogul have left to go? he certainly couldn't give Superman all that drama if he were mid herald only.
I put Mongul without ring on low-low-low of high herald, or top of mid herald

darthgoober
WW would be at the very top of Mid herald or at the middle of High herald. Where would Mogul have left to go? he certainly couldn't give Superman all that drama if he were mid herald only.
Why do you consider her high mid or mid high? Wouldn't it be make more sense to say that she's high mid or low high rather than skip a step?

psycho gundam
Originally posted by darthgoober
Why do you consider her high mid or mid high? Wouldn't it be make more sense to say that she's high mid or low high rather than skip a step? you know who you're talking to right?

Zeuodin
Originally posted by darthgoober
Why do you consider her high mid or mid high? Wouldn't it be make more sense to say that she's high mid or low high rather than skip a step? I personally Feel that she is Mid high. Others do not give her as much credit and there for I put High Mid for the others on the forum who's opinion of her is lower.

xJLxKing
I personally Feel that she is Mid high. Others do not give her as much credit and there for I put High Mid for the others on the forum who's opinion of her is lower.
other think low of her, but you think highly wink

Zeuodin
Originally posted by psycho gundam
you know who you're talking to right?
He's talking to me not you.

jasofisc

sooooo super strength and durriblity makes you a high herald???? if so i guess so is hulk

Zeuodin
sooooo super strength and durriblity makes you a high herald???? if so i guess so is hulk
Didn't know Hulk Could defeat Superman with only Strength And Durability. Oh he can't. Mongul can.

jasofisc
when did Kyle or Hal take out Mongul with 6 rings????

don't think mongul had six rings when fighting yat.

jasofisc
He didn't. In fact, 6 regular GL including some major ones were stalemating him.

stalemating him ripig off his arm and eye samething right

jasofisc

drama you mean like humilating him and treating him like a child. (remember the imperlex story.

jasofisc
Didn't know Hulk Could defeat Superman with only Strength And Durability. Oh he can't. Mongul can.

post crisis mongul???????

jasofisc
when has post crisis mongul ever ever even came close to beating superman.

-Pr-
when has post crisis mongul ever ever even came close to beating superman.

which mongul? there've been two post crisis.

jasofisc
Originally posted by -Pr-
which mongul? there've been two post crisis.

either however were talking about jr.

-Pr-
either however were talking about jr.

junior has given superman pause, yes. superman would beat him, but he's not exactly poor. he's fought hal jordan and done well, and ever since joining the sinestro corps he's become even more deadly.

people try to use krypto as some sort of low feat, but it's not in any way shape or form.

Batman-Prime
Krypto is badass. He did the most damage to SBP, do not forget this, he made the little sucker bleed.

-Pr-
Krypto is badass. He did the most damage to SBP, do not forget this, he made the little sucker bleed.

People often forget that he's not just a dog, he's a Kryptonian dog. That means Superman level strength, durability etc etc.

Slaanesh
don't think mongul had six rings when fighting yat.

Yat fought Mongul twice if i'm not mistaken..and both time Mongul had 6 rings.. which fight are u talking about??

stalemating him ripig off his arm and eye samething right

he was handling them just fine until Bzzd rip him apart from the inside..handling 6 lantern(not Cannon fodder) is a very impressive feat..

Prep-Man
Team 1.

jasofisc
Originally posted by -Pr-
junior has given superman pause, yes. superman would beat him, but he's not exactly poor. he's fought hal jordan and done well, and ever since joining the sinestro corps he's become even more deadly.

people try to use krypto as some sort of low feat, but it's not in any way shape or form.

by pause do you mean playing around when him and then smashing him badly when supes got serous. Hal beat him pretty badly too

quanchi112
Superboy Got his hand crushed to dust by prime. Superman and Yat both have never had anything like that happen. Thus they are greater than Superboy . When was his hand crushed to dust? Prime blew through Superman's hand and quite easily. Superboy was killed by destroying the tower not by Prime. The next time he ran into him he scarred Prime for life. We still know Superboy ain't crap to Superman.Originally posted by Batman-Prime
It's hard to get some respect if you are DC's Sentry no expression The only reason the Sentry has low showings is because of his mental state and his fear of losing control. Yat just kinda stinks.

jasofisc
When was his hand crushed to dust? Prime blew through Superman's hand and quite easily. Superboy was killed by destroying the tower not by Prime. The next time he ran into him he scarred Prime for life. We still know Superboy ain't crap to Superman. The only reason the Sentry has low showings is because of his mental state and his fear of losing control. Yat just kinda stinks.

yat shouldn't stink though darn it anyways. as for sentry i don't think their's a good reason for what they are doing with him.

quanchi112
yat shouldn't stink though darn it anyways. as for sentry i don't think their's a good reason for what they are doing with him. I agree he shouldn't stink.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.