Revan vs Darth Bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bladewind
Revan vs Darth Bane. Who will win?

Samurai100
Bane

mattatom
Gary Stu.

Autokrat
Originally posted by mattatom
Gary Stu.

Which one?

mattatom
Originally posted by Autokrat
Which one? Bandon Revan.

Darth_Glentract
Revan. Hell yeah. Can't we just wait till after tomorrow...?

Lord Lucien
It's gonna turn out that Bane IS Revan. He was cryogenically frozen by the True Sith and had his memory erased again. He woke up 3,000 year later on a backwater mining planet with a foster father/Sith agent.

truejedi
I agree with Lucien. That'd be so funny i wouldn't even care. Revan would then be Sidious, who becomes abeloth. It all makes sense.

Anyway, that said, in a fight, i'm going with Bane. Too many of Revan's combat feats are completely up to gameplay to make a canon argument of his combat ability.

darthbanelives
Revan takes this one.

truejedi
Originally posted by darthbanelives
Revan takes this one.

what? but i thought you said Bane would take Sidious? So you are seriously putting the canonically oft-stated most powerful sith in history 3rd? and since Revan was "playing with swords compared to the ancients" (Kreia) u would be pushing sidious still further towards the bottom?

What has Revan done.

I'll do an old thing, and ask you to prove that Revan beats Bane. (only doing this because you have Bane beating sidious. I almost did an ABC and asked you to prove how revan beats sidious, but passed on that)
What has Revan done in combat that puts him on the level of Bane?

One Free Man
Originally posted by darthbanelives
Revan takes this one.

One Free Man
Originally posted by truejedi
what? but i thought you said Bane would take Sidious? So you are seriously putting the canonically oft-stated most powerful sith in history 3rd? and since Revan was "playing with swords compared to the ancients" (Kreia) u would be pushing sidious still further towards the bottom?

What has Revan done.

I'll do an old thing, and ask you to prove that Revan beats Bane. (only doing this because you have Bane beating sidious. I almost did an ABC and asked you to prove how revan beats sidious, but passed on that)
What has Revan done in combat that puts him on the level of Bane? a>b>c, anyone? just kidding i don't even take this place seriously anymore.

darthbanelives
haha, i was hoping you'd ask that. i actually think that somehow Revan has become immortal, maybe the emperor gave him the secret. have any of you seen that video where the guy from the old republic tells us that revan was working for the emperor and he went back to join him? i think there's a possibility that the Sith we saw in the video of the sacking of coruscant, may have been Revan. I just don't see him going back to the True Sith and just dying in service of the sith. they've got this emperor being immortal, and now Bane, throwing Revan in shouldnt be too hard.
As for how Revan beats Bane, that's just what i've always seen on previous threads on other sites. Most sites i go to down Bane a good bit...and like i said, as ROTS Sidious, i don't give him a ten in fighting. if him and yoda had been fighting on even ground, i would like to have seen who would have won. Mace almost beat him. Revan was known to be the strongest of his time, and did master both sides of the force. Bane could win though, who knows. if he has orbalisks yes, but as it didn't say it, i assumed he didn't

truejedi
well, for future reference, we do assume the most-powerful incantation of a fighter if it isn't specifically referred to. (such as ROTS sidious to keep us from thinking DE sidious)

and you kinda lost me on your theory. What video?

darthbanelives
sigh, ok i do think bane would take this one, i was just trying to not sound like a bane fan boy and i saw it was getting posts.

heres the link brace yourself.
http://gameinformer.com/games/star_wars_the_old_republic/m/star_wars_the_old_republic_media/108340.aspx

truejedi
hmm. interesting. and the backstory will indeed be canon.

You know,if they did it right, all of the most powerful sith in history becoming one single sith who has learned the fabled secret to immortality would be an INCREDIBLE reveal at this point in the story. Luke finds out about it by studying Abeloth, manages to finally destry it in a way that kills him, (FOTJ comics are retconned) and star wars finally draws to a close in such a way that I can finally move on with my life.

I really feel like I've outgrown reading star wars, but i always want to know what happens next. If they could ever wrap it all up, i'd be happy. Its why i've sworn off star wars after luke dies, whenever that may be.

Autokrat
Wait so Revan and co actually encountered this Emperor? WTF?

truejedi
i know, right? and as far as i know, everything released is canon, if it isn't contradicted by something else. craziness. Now by company, does he mean the Exile?

Lord Lucien
hmm. interesting. and the backstory will indeed be canon.

You know,if they did it right, all of the most powerful sith in history becoming one single sith who has learned the fabled secret to immortality would be an INCREDIBLE reveal at this point in the story. Luke finds out about it by studying Abeloth, manages to finally destry it in a way that kills him, (FOTJ comics are retconned) and star wars finally draws to a close in such a way that I can finally move on with my life.

I really feel like I've outgrown reading star wars, but i always want to know what happens next. If they could ever wrap it all up, i'd be happy. Its why i've sworn off star wars after luke dies, whenever that may be. Oh God that would be literary ecstasy.

Dr McBeefington
You're telling me in under a year the Sith Emperor, who was clearly not on the level of Sadow or Kressh to challenge them for DLOTS, turned Revan AND Malak in under a year? Yea sorry, I call bullshit on that, especially since KOTOR made it clear that they only encountered remnants of the True Sith Empire and Revan turned to protect the Republic. These guys are just disregarding anything canon.

BoratBorat
Bigdeal sexy, bioware > lucasfarts.

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by BoratBorat
Bigdeal sexy, bioware > lucasfarts.

ROFL you're joking right?

Dr McBeefington
Just grabbed a copy of the Bane novel, will let everyone know how much I hate it once i'm done.

BoratBorat
Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
ROFL you're joking right? You clearly have no idea who bioware is i assume? Wow... just wow....

Autokrat
Bioware is my god.

Dragon Age...
Neverwinter Nights...
Baldur's Gate I and II....
Mass Effect...

So yeah.

mattatom
Originally posted by Autokrat
Bioware is my god.

Dragon Age...
Neverwinter Nights...
Baldur's Gate I and II....
Mass Effect...

So yeah.

QFT.

And.

ME2 thumb up

Weltall
Bioware is and always has been a mediocre developer. They're a second rate Western RPG developer at best.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Weltall
Bioware is and always has been a mediocre developer. They're a second rate Western RPG developer at best. Bioware produced KotOR. Drew Karpyshyn worked on KotOR. Drew Karpyshyn wrote the Bane novels. You love Bane. But hate Bioware. Ergo:

You hate Bane.

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by BoratBorat
You clearly have no idea who bioware is i assume? Wow... just wow....

No no, I'm well aware of who and what Bioware is, I'm just astounded by your statement that Bioware is more canon than LucasArts. Must be a troll.

BoratBorat
Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
No no, I'm well aware of who and what Bioware is, I'm just astounded by your statement that Bioware is more canon than LucasArts. Must be a troll. no no.... when i said bioware > lucasarts i meant they produce far better games...

@nebaris piss off smile nobody cares about your bias against WRPG's.

Nephthys
Thats Ivalice, Beefy, not a troll.

mattatom
Originally posted by Nephthys
Thats Ivalice, Beefy, not a troll. This is DS were talking about here.

truejedi
weltall is neb.

Darth Truculent
Bane learned many aspects of the Force from Revan's holocron (ie Thought Bomb). It would be an interesting duel. Would Revan defeat Bane? That's a good question. Bane defeat Sidious? Not a chance.

BoratBorat
Revan would beat bane because bioware >>>>>>>>> lucasfarts.

Seriously SW is getting hideously boring, i am far more drawn into the mythos of mass effect and dragon age which is fresh.

Gideon
Mass Effect is superb; Karpyshyn should stick to that and abandon all Star Wars related projects. Path of Destruction is the very definition of a solid entry into the saga, but it started Bane down a path that only leads to Gary Stuism.

Dragon Age seems cool, but the whole medieval environment is painfully dull for me.

mattatom
Dragon Age was nice (I've completed it). It was a little dull it didn't captivate me like Mass Effect did. I'm tempted to put Jade Empire over Dragon Age personally.

Nephthys
Yeah, well, Jade Empire let you have threesomes and become a god-like emporer, so of course its gonna be badass.

Bladewind
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Bane learned many aspects of the Force from Revan's holocron (ie Thought Bomb). It would be an interesting duel. Would Revan defeat Bane? That's a good question. Bane defeat Sidious? Not a chance.
My thoughts exactly.

Weltall
I think for the most part that Bioware fans quite simply haven't been exposed to a high quality of storyline driven games to rate them as highly as they do, given that storyline is the primary selling point of these games, and comparatively speaking they're really not that great at telling one. I'm really struggling to see the appeal behind them. But then again I've played games like Xenogears and Chrono trigger and Suikoden II and perhaps my standards for a great storyline driven game are a little bit higher.

BoratBorat
Personally i loved dragon age.

I felt that that character development and romances were far deeper than mass effect though both of them are just as good IMO.

Mass effect 2 is a different story considering the game is going to be awesome and an even bigger game than even GTA san andreas(2 DVD's for xbox and pc).

truejedi
How does Fallout 3 compare to these games? Fallout 3, in my opinion, was a great game, but too competitive, and lacked death. Mass Effect is similar i've heard? is that correct? (or maybe it was oblivion was similar?)

mattatom
How does Fallout 3 compare to these games? Fallout 3, in my opinion, was a great game, but too competitive, and lacked death. Mass Effect is similar i've heard? is that correct? (or maybe it was oblivion was similar?) Okay Oblivion and Fallout 3 are titles from Bethesda, they are similar. They're the same format. Personally for me it goes
Oblivion -Bethesda
Mass Effect -Bioware
Fallout 3 -Bethesda
Jade Empire -Bioware
Dragon Age -Bioware

Try pumping your difficulty up on Fallout 3. That makes it challenging, I sped through Oblivion on 'normal' in hours. On 'Expert' or hardest difficulty, took me days.

Nephthys
Or perhaps people simply have different tastes?

But seriously, what so great about Xenogears? From what I've seen of cutscenes it seems like overly-contrived tripe with terrible voiceacting and lip-syncing. And I mean, c'mon. A main character with a split-personality called Id? That shits just awful. And giant mechs are sooooo lame. But thats just my opinion. Don't know anything about the other two.

FunC
Including the guild questlines? Wow.

Weltall

Weltall
Here are a few pieces:

2p7cG2ReAjY

WxAzuUgI460

pVKZfho8ugU

Best music ever.

Nephthys
Dear god, I've spawned a monster.

Weltall
A monster that will do terrible things if you don't read all of it.

Weltall
Seriously speaking though, why not try Chrono trigger out and see for yourself? You could have it up and running in minutes with a SNES emulator.

Nephthys
Edit: Well that as wierd. Dunno what happened there but I lost most of the post. Heres the actual one.

Ok, I've read it now and I'll admit that it seems intriging ( wtf spellcheck?), though you make it seem like like the game tries to juggle too much. One youtuber said that it was more like a 12-hour movie than a game. So I ask, hows the gameplay? Becuase naturally the gameplay is one of the three most important aspects of a game, the others being story and characters. Does it suffer for this?
Also, hows the protagonist? Becuase he looks like kind of a wang.
But it seems like this may be one of the things I ask Father Christmas for this year.

Edit: Also, Chrono Trigger looks pretty shit. And I hate silent protagonists and Chrono looks too much like a generic shounin (can't remember if thats the right one) main character with his annoying spiky hair.

Weltall
Funnily enough the gameplay also has a lot going for it. There are two different battle systems available to you, that both largely rely on strategy in their execution (you can usually switch between the two at your leisure, though sometimes the storyline will dictate which one you use), the minigames are great and some of the best I've ever come across in an RPG, and while it'll probably sound pretty simplistic the addition of a jump mechanic adds a whole new dimension to the exploratory and travel elements of the gameplay.

Really, as far as turn based RPGs go some of the best gameplay I've come across.

However, that being said, while the gameplay is in my opinion great, the balance between gameplay and storyline might not be to everyone's liking (personally I was perfectly fine with it but then again I largely played Xenogears for the storyline). For as much of it as there is, it really is perfectly enjoyable, but the emphasis is clearly on the storyline, and it may feel like more of a movie or a novel than a game.

BTW, I'd probably recommend getting a PS1 emulator if you're really planning on playing it as even used copies can sell in the $hundreds and you'll need something that can play American PS1 games as it was never released in PAL regions and PS1 games aren't region free.

Red Nemesis
Elmo stomps.

Revanchiste
Bane hold only 25% of Revan knowledge. Revan lightnings are superior to Bane one.... No matter how gifted Bane is in this ability.

AncientPower
Five years old, FIVE Revanchiste.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.