Fate of the Jedi: New Mandalorian Wars?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
I just finished Abyiss and Daala brought in a company of Mando's - could this be a prelude to a new Mandalorian Wars?

truejedi
it could be. THe Jedi handled the Mando's pretty handily though. In fact, it was very easy, they won over something like 6 of them without a casaulty, and protected Han.

Traviss probably cried when she read it.

BruceSkywalker
no, please no

REXXXX
Hell's no. I don't support that.

Hewhoknowsall
What did Daala intend to do with them anyway? Attack the Jedi Temple? ROFL that would be stupid, I highly doubt that she'd have the authority to massacre hundreds of jedi (and she couldn't, as a single company of mandos wouldn't be enough), which would probably get her arrested.

Shey Tapani
Ever since LOTF things went downhill.

mattatom
Originally posted by Shey Tapani
Ever since LOTFNJO things went downhill. Fixed.

truejedi
honestly, things are as good, and as believable as they have ever been. Its just when you have seen a plot line before..... it loses teh appeal.

Darth_Glentract
Except the Mandalorians before were a match for both the Jedi and the Republic. The Republic (or GA or whatever) could obliterate both groups at this point if it wanted.

Darth Truculent
In the book Allies that is being released in May (I got the skinny) the Sith and the Jedi form an alliance to defeat possibly Abeloth. It is in my opinion that Jacen became Darth Caedus due to this .
It only makes sense to me. She sensed both Skywalkers were far more powerful than the strike team.

I think he saw Abeloth sitting on the throne and he had to do something to stop it. As a Jedi Knight, he wouldn't stand a chance. As a Sith Lord, he would have the ability to stop Abeloth. Unite the galaxy under his control and he has a fighting force. The only 2 things that went wrong were Palleon didn't join and Ben refused to turn. Caedus didn't even attempt to destroy the Jedi - he possibly wanted to use them in combat against Abeloth or whatever power is in the Maw. It is perfect logic.

With this alliance, Luke I believe will bring in some of the heavy hitters: Kyp, Kyle, Corran and maybe Jaina. Although the information on the new book points that Ben and Vestara do most of the fighting. I think this is where Ben becomes powerful. In the first 3 books, he isn't really powerful. Vestara might (but a longshot) turn to the light. Sith of the Tribe will be destroyed. Opinions . . .

Darth_Glentract
Or Sekot just comes back and wtfpwns anyone...oh wait, gaping plot hole. Lets just no mention that. Seriously, why did Luke just ask Sekot to take out Raynar and then finish Jacen years later? That whole thing is really stupid.

I hope they don't make that Jacen's reason for turning to the Darkside. It makes no sense. The smart thing would have been to go to Luke and get help. Or to just perform a Base Delta Zeo on Abeloth's planet from the get go.

truejedi
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
It makes no sense. The smart thing would have been to go to Luke and get help. Or to just perform a Base Delta Zeo on Abeloth's planet from the get go.

Agreed.

Shey Tapani
Originally posted by truejedi
honestly, things are as good, and as believable as they have ever been. Its just when you have seen a plot line before..... it loses teh appeal.

Daala, what the heck is she doing as COS?

truejedi
Luke's stupidity. It was his choice, and then it got him kickout out of Coruscant, and got his Jedi hunted. Poor choice by him.

Shey Tapani
I think it was rghe writers stupidity to go with Daala.

FOTJ could had started with Daala being killed and everything would had benn fine.

Survivor19
Stupid?
Not as stupid as:
1) thinking that throwing Sekot into Chiss/Kilik conflict is a smart idea. Because Chiss didn't dispose of Alpha Red
2) thinking that throwing Sekot into Galactic Civil War is a smart idea. Because new homeworld of Vong doubling as one of the most potent military threats of the universe will surely cause everyone to calm down, as opposed to try and fire the Centerpoint at it
3) the very idea of living planet jumping around the galaxy in a search of individual

Abeloth was imprisoned until the Centerpoint was destroyed.
The reasons for Jasen downfall are already known and illustrated.

As things are now, Mandalorians aren't a force capable of waging wars on their own. From the other hand, more confrontations between Mando and Jedi are inevitable due to narrative casuality.

Red Nemesis
I think he saw Abeloth sitting on the throne and he had to do something to stop it

Abeloth was imprisoned until the Centerpoint was destroyed.
The reasons for Jasen downfall are already known and illustrated.

As things are now, Mandalorians aren't a force capable of waging wars on their own. From the other hand, more confrontations between Mando and Jedi are inevitable due to narrative casuality.

----------------
This is not a rebuttal. The Force is a non-temporally bound source (of information).

Survivor19
What is that supposed to mean? Of course it is temporally bound. Future is always in motion and so on; in different moments of time you get different predictions...

Also. Jacen's actions don't tie into Abeloth. And they were not retconned.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Survivor19
What is that supposed to mean? Of course it is temporally bound. Future is always in motion and so on; in different moments of time you get different predictions... Temporal:

1. Of, relating to, or limited by time.

When the Force allows you to see into the future, or travel back in time---the Force isn't limited by it.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Temporal:

1. Of, relating to, or limited by time.

When the Force allows you to see into the future, or travel back in time---the Force isn't limited by it.

This.

Also. Jacen's actions could tie into Abeloth. And they may be retconned.

Your assertion of the contrary does little to support your case. Why do you think that the Force couldn't have been giving Jacen a warning, given that you yourself have acknowledged that it gives glimpses into the future? Why do you think that the reasons for Jacen's "downfall" are limited to only those that have been explored in text? Have you been gifted with a 'Complete Works of Star Wars' from the future? What information do you have about the franchise that we don't?

And so it goes.

Survivor19
Well, i could try to argue what "limited" in relation to the flow-walking, but there's no point. Force can give glimpses of possible future and perhaps gives means to influence what will come to pass. And future is always in motion. It seems that we agree that much.

Because, frankly speaking, i see them as sufficient. And, since adding Abeloth into them would undermine their importancy, i'm against doing that. Not that my opinion matters much in the grand scheme of things, of course.

What would i need it for? )

What would i need it for? )

IMO, Jacen won't be in focus of "Fate of jedi" anymore, since Lost Tribe of Sith, Abeloth and possibly Mandalorians would have spotlight. Jacen's ghost in the lake seems to be appropriate end for his "involvement" (quoted for J. being dead) in the series. Sure thing, he may be adressed in later books, but i doubt that.

Sorry for off-topic.
It would be fun to have Mandalorians vs. Sith as a full-blown conflict. And, until Daala dies or goes crazy, there shouldn't be any attempts at another purge of Jedi

Red Nemesis
Disclaimer: I haven't read the new post-Jacen books yet.

As it stands, the reasons for Jacen's fall are pretty weak (IMO). It wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing to strengthen them.

You're right. As long as we're being force-fed more Mandalorian tomfoolery, they may as well make it cool tomfoolery.

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Disclaimer: I haven't read the new post-Jacen books yet.

As it stands, the reasons for Jacen's fall are pretty weak (IMO). It wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing to strengthen them.

You're right. As long as we're being force-fed more Mandalorian tomfoolery, they may as well make it cool tomfoolery.

I don't know. I'm starting to see something good about FOTJ that we didn't see in Legacy, specifically why Jacen fell. I agree the way he fell was retarded, but if he really did see Abeloth and the potential destruction she may cause, it may have started him down the wrong path.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.