Scathan vs Mandrakk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Here we go. Scathan, the Celestial.

iceman24567
Mandrakk eats him

Bouboumaster
Scatchan kicks him in the ball, than do a elbow drop on that fool!

Zeuodin
Originally posted by iceman24567
Mandrakk eats him

Colossus-Big C
i think there pretty much equal

Zeuodin
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
i think there pretty much equal The Spectre would beat Scathan. He's just a celestial with one feat that is kinda meh. He put a mussle on someone. Big deal. He didn't tank any crazy blast or anything like that.

xJLxKing
Mandrakk.

illadelph12
Energy Muzzle >>> Giant Green Spike.

Energy Muzzle ftw.

galactusischere
Scathan

xJLxKing
Originally posted by galactusischere
Scathan
Why? What has Scathan done?

bbrem123
put a muzzle on someone!!!

vansonbee
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Why? What has Scathan done? Scathan restricted Protege from copying LT powers.

Comics Scathan appear

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by iceman24567
Mandrakk eats him SCATHAN DOES NOT APROVE! Happy Dance

rotiart
Et for all we know this "cosmic muzzle" used by scathan could be a plot device akin to the ig, un, cn, etc....

All he did was turn his finger down... And lt said he was waiting for scathan to make his judgment iirc... Which means maybe toaa became involved after scathan made his decision... Who knows!

On panel I go with mandrakk.. By far based upon actual... Indeniable feats

King Kandy
Originally posted by vansonbee
Scathan restricted Protege from copying LT powers.

Comics Scathan appear
That's not even close to what happened. Protege copied LTs powers and started going apeshit on the abstracts, and Scathan muzzled him.

vansonbee
Originally posted by King Kandy
That's not even close to what happened. Protege copied LTs powers and started going apeshit on the abstracts, and Scathan muzzled him. Seem close, reread it, I just placed it more bluntly.

Like rotiart wrote, Scathan muzzle is plot device~ Anyways, Mandrakk has actual/recent feats to win.

Omega Vision
It was really bad PIS. Or are we to assume that a Celestial (who isn't even TOAA) is greater than the LT powerwise?

King Kandy
Originally posted by vansonbee
Seem close, reread it, I just placed it more bluntly.

Like rotiart wrote, Scathan muzzle is plot device~ Anyways, Mandrakk has actual/recent feats to win.
No, the way you said it makes it seem like Protege never actually finished copying LT's powers, which diminishes Scathan owning a being above LT.

Omega Vision
No, the way you said it makes it seem like Protege never actually finished copying LT's powers, which diminishes Scathan owning a being above LT.
So you believe a Celestial is stronger than the LT?

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Omega Vision
So you believe a Celestial is stronger than the LT? so wut, maybe its a special celestial (its from the future iirc). maybe it had backing from TOAA (like when Presence backs Specter)

xJLxKing
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
so wut, maybe its a special celestial (its from the future iirc). maybe it had backing from TOAA (like when Presence backs Specter)
If so, then it's not under his own power

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by xJLxKing
If so, then it's not under his own power yeah maybe not

or maybe it was but then its just PIS against LT (woudnt be the first time tho. lol)

xJLxKing
Wasn't it retconned later though?

Omega Vision
Actually I agree with SoulDevourer that the most logical explanation is that the TOAA acted through Scathan to some degree to stop Protege seeing as the LT couldn't. It still doesn't make the writing of that comic any less crappy. Power duplication shouldn't work on the LT period.

King Kandy
So you believe a Celestial is stronger than the LT?
Yes. Believing otherwise would be completely disregarding that showing.

rotiart
in issue 50

lt tells protege "end this blasphemous display at once lest you lose what little remains of your immortal soul, child!"
hawkgod asks eternity if they can expect any help from scathan, eternity says no.
in the issue, protege is attacked by the hawkgod who seems as though he is either hurt or at least incredibly startled and says 'You dare!" and later vance astro attacks to no avail...
protege tells everyone "prepare yourselves for eternal oblivion"
at which point scathan unleashes some type of attack..
then points his finger down with the child in front of him, then it goes offpanel...when it returns... it shows protege entrapped..
yondu says "scathan encased the protege in an opague celestial energy muzzle! He can see nothing of what transpires!
lt tells scathan to remove the celestial muzzle and pronounces judgement
protege declares "No. I want to be the one above all. The power is meant to be mine. All mine!"

on the last page of issue 49 he declares himself to be TOAA... but just like when thanos constantly declares himself god... it is just false bravado... because if he was TOAA... he wouldn't be wanting to be TOAA in issue 50.

King Kandy
What does that prove? Nobody ever said Protege/Scathan were TOAA level.

rotiart
lt scolded protege, but he never acted, the only act lt took against protege was when he pronounced sentence...

rotiart
What does that prove? Nobody ever said Protege/Scathan were TOAA level.

actually i've seen some statements on this site that say.... since lt couldn't do anything to protege.. adn scathan could.. then scathan>lt...

but the fact is that lt never did anything to protege to begin with... so as far as scathan and/or protege's power levels relative to lt.. it can't be shown..

lt only statement on the matter is that his displays are blasphemous... and protege appeared hurt when attacked by the hawkgod.. and he ran from the hawkgod..

King Kandy
Cool, but I never claimed that LT fought Protege. The reason I say Protege=LT was that he had duplicated his powers, which made him equal to LT. Not because they'd fought.

Omega Vision
Yes. Believing otherwise would be completely disregarding that showing.
So its one showing against every other showing that affirms that nothing save TOAA, Nemesis, and the HOTU could match or exceed his power.
Its called PIS and shitty writing, its a wonder no one's retconned it.

rotiart
Cool, but I never claimed that LT fought Protege. The reason I say Protege=LT was that he had duplicated his powers, which made him equal to LT. Not because they'd fought.

ah... but what did he really duplicate.
in issue 48 he tells beyonder to be silent so he can duplicate the power displays thus far...

when protege copies beyonder in prior issues, it requires him much time to copy.. and beyonder teachers him power by power what he's learning...
also he is only as strong as the display shown...
like.. although he copied beyonder... he didn't learn the giant growth power until it was shown to him by beyonder...

since the gods really didn't really show all their powers... protege never became equal to lt.. he jumped the gun.

Mindset
So its one showing against every other showing that affirms that nothing save TOAA, Nemesis, and the HOTU could match or exceed his power.
Its called PIS and shitty writing, its a wonder no one's retconned it. Think about what you just said.

Nothing is above LT until something comes along that shows itself to match or surpass his power. ^_^

King Kandy
Originally posted by rotiart
ah... but what did he really duplicate.
in issue 48 he tells beyonder to be silent so he can duplicate the power displays thus far...

when protege copies beyonder in prior issues, it requires him much time to copy.. and beyonder teachers him power by power what he's learning...
also he is only as strong as the display shown...
like.. although he copied beyonder... he didn't learn the giant growth power until it was shown to him by beyonder...

since the gods really didn't really show all their powers... protege never became equal to lt.. he jumped the gun.
IT was stated in the comic (when he turned three-faced), and in handbook bios that he had copied LT's powers.

rotiart
as to what protege actually DID on panel i didn't say he didn't copy lts powers. i said he didn't copy ALL of lts powers. just whatever it was that he saw. unless you have something that refutes the issues 48-50...

and yes i know that issue 49 has beyonder making a statement that the fate of any and all realities rests on protege...and lt makes a logical confirmation...

but what does he actually DO with his power.. other than get smacked around.

King Kandy
Protege did not "do" anything with his powers, but it is the nature of his powers that he was automatically equal to LT, and this is backed up by handbook entries stating that he "usurped" LT's powers.

rotiart
Protege did not "do" anything with his powers, but it is the nature of his powers that he was automatically equal to LT, and this is backed up by handbook entries stating that he "usurped" LT's powers.

look. i am not disagreeing with you that he HAD the same powers. i don't understand why you consistently push this. I asked you if he had any SKILL or proved that he was smart enough to do anything useful with it. he didn't.
in the time it took him to wipe out supposedly lt and all the others... scathan interrupted him and it he was defeated..

for all his supposed power, he didn't show any feats.

rotiart
corrected

Mindset
look. i am not disagreeing with you that he HAD the same powers. i don't understand why you consistently push this. I asked you if he had any SKILL or proved that he was smart enough to do anything useful with it.

This might be why.

i said he didn't copy ALL of lts powers. just whatever it was that he saw.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Here we go. Scathan, the Celestial.

which mandrakk?

rotiart
okay.
so lets say that you have a guy with lt level powers...
but no real idea how to use it

vs.... a guy with... oh... mandrakk... level powers.. what do you think the outcome would be.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by -Pr-
which mandrakk?

The one that fought CA Superman.

Mindset
okay.
so lets say that you have a guy with lt level powers...
but no real idea how to use it

vs.... a guy with... oh... mandrakk... level powers.. what do you think the outcome would be. Why would he have no idea how to use the powers he copied?

Also, this has nothing to do with my post.

rotiart
Read the previous isues of gotg as protege was learning how to use powers... He didn't really show much skill with powers...

For example beyonder had to teach him how to grow giant sized... After he had already copied powers from beyonder...

So while he may have been "powerful" in general... He may not have known how to fully utilize his powerset...

That's why the defeat of protege wasn't that big a deal to me.

rotiart
Sorry what it has to do with the post is that because scathans power is based entirely on what he did to protege... Which was an energy display that knocked everyone less lt to the ground around him...

Anything else assumed done by scathan is assumed

Mindset
Ok, that didn't have anything to do with my post.

rotiart
mandrakk wins. scathan is a no feat chump

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.