Rank these characters by Wisdom.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
Rank the following characters based on intelligence, wisdom, knowledge, and experience. Which ones would you go to for information?

Metron
Uatu
Thanos
Darkseid
Ganthet
Odin
Doctor Fate
Batman
Dr. Doom
Brainiac
High Evolutionary
Adam Strange
Captain Marvel (Mar-vell)
Apocalypse
Atom (Ray Palmer)
Reed Richards
Dr. Strange
DC Zeus

The Nuul
Lol....I thought it was Wildstorm, I read the OP and was like WTF? until I re-read it again.

Mshinu
I would go to Odin for information. Unlike the others, you can TRUST a Viking God. Plus, I am a Norwegian http://www.heidenkrieger.de/thing/images/smilies/viking_smiley_81.gif

Colossus-Big C
DC zeus because of being part of the quientessence is said to know everything about the whole universe,
Odin also knows alot about the universe.

both of these guys are at least 50,000 years old they have the most

K Von Doom
K Von Doom: Uatu, what would happen if I did this?
Uatu: Take a look for yourself.
K Von Doom: How about if I did that?
Uatu: Have another look.

golem370
Uatu

KingD19
Why isn't DC Captain Marvel on here??

Lord Feron
Odin and Uatu should be among the top. I believe there is quite gape between the top 3-4 and everyone else.

iceman24567
Uatu and Metron

Mindset
Originally posted by KingD19
Why isn't DC Captain Marvel on here?? Because he's a loser.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by iceman24567
Uatu and Metron are they older than 50,000 years old like the gods?

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
are they older than 50,000 years old like the gods?

think MEtron travels through time alot or something and he watchs alot of shit in his tricked out lazy boy... but i agree i doubt he could have more wisdom than zeus and odin (the gods you mention)

SamZED
Uncle Ben.

Omega Vision
Uatu is probably much older than that, maybe nearly as old as the universe itself.
Metron is around ten thousand years old I believe but he's traveled back in time to the beginning and has probably seen the end as well. Along with Phantom Stranger (who in retrospect I should have put in this list) he's the closest DC has to an Uatu.

K Von Doom

Uatu was around when Galactus was 'born' so yes

tideoftime
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Rank the following characters based on intelligence, wisdom, knowledge, and experience. Which ones would you go to for information?

Metron
Uatu
Thanos
Darkseid
Ganthet
Odin
Doctor Fate
Batman
Dr. Doom
Brainiac
High Evolutionary
Adam Strange
Apocalypse
Atom (Ray Palmer)
Reed Richards
Dr. Strange
DC Zeus

A very subtle question; Wisdom doesn't *necessarily* equate to knowledge or experience: many knowledgable characters, such as Reed Richards and Ray Palmer, still lack certain intuitive insight that goes hand in hand with Wisdom; similarly, even very experienced beings, such as Braniac and Darkseid, while displaying forethought and extremely advanced planning, don't always reach beyond their "programming" and/or "unreasoning desire" to truly gain a new level of awareness beyond what they already have (even if they believe otherwise).

Even the gods -- Zeus and Odin -- who possess great knowledge and and/or have pursued a greater understanding, sometimes at great cost (Odin), are as known for their foolish mistakes, hubris, and lack of wisdom as they are for their relative comprehension.

Not going to try to put these characters in a definitive order, other than to agree with some posts above that Uatu and Metron are probably the "wisest" of those listed, on a "celestial" level, while Dr. Strange and Batman are the "wisest" on a more mortal level, relatively speaking.

JakeTheBank

Metron
Uatu
Thanos
Darkseid
Ganthet
Odin
Doctor Fate
Batman
Dr. Doom
Brainiac
High Evolutionary
Adam Strange
Apocalypse
Atom (Ray Palmer)
Reed Richards
Dr. Strange
DC Zeus

For generally science stuff, I'd go to Brainiac.

For mystic/divine information, I'd go to Odin.

And for cosmic/universal information, I'd go to Ganthet, Metron, or Thanos.

Slaanesh
Uatu

chomperx9

Metron
Uatu
Thanos
Darkseid
Ganthet
Odin
Doctor Fate
Batman
Dr. Doom
Brainiac
High Evolutionary
Adam Strange
Apocalypse
Atom (Ray Palmer)
Reed Richards
Dr. Strange
DC Zeus depends on the information your looking for.

you looking for someone to build you a bike that can beat speed racer ?

you looking for a cure for cancer ?

you trying to hack in to the FBI's database ?

tideoftime
Originally posted by chomperx9
depends on the information your looking for.

you looking for someone to build you a bike that can beat speed racer ?

you looking for a cure for cancer ?

you trying to hack in to the FBI's database ?

(Just citing your post as an example for what I am noticing)

Several posters seem to be confusing the idea of intellect/knowledge with wisdom/insight; none of those above questions have anything to do with wisdom. Just saying.

Omega Vision
Can a mod add in the Phantom Stranger to this list?

galactusischere
Uatu
Zeus
Metron
Thanos
Odin

the rest don't matter

iceman24567
are they older than 50,000 years old like the gods? Uatu is older Metron probably isn't he's still one of the wisest guys in DCU

Power Cosmic II
wisdom eliminates a lot of characters on that list. doom has more wisdom than reed but it's far outweighed by his arrogance and lust for knowledge. i believe thanos has more wisdom than odin. metron and ds have wisdom...not sure if it's exactly the wisdom i'd want. uatu has knowledge...wisdom i doubt...since he's never really had to make decisions and see whether his choices were right or wrong.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.