the N word

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hell Lancer
to ask a simple question: whats wrong with it? and why is it that no one but blacks can say it? and why does everyone feel that it MUST be offensive?

Symmetric Chaos
Because it carries the connotation of deeply held racist beliefs and because it's use dates back to an era when the Negro man was considered less than human.

But honestly, this is like asking why everyone thinks the word pineapple MUST be used to refer to that sort of fruit.

One Free Man
I have no idea what the **** people are whining about it comes from the route word NIGER or NIGERIA, where the slaves were originally from.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by One Free Man
it it comes from the route word NIGER or NIGERIA, where the slaves were originally from.

WRONG!

Blinky
In all honesty, I think one reason blacks get mad when whites say "N*gger" is because there really isn't anything that they can say back that is equally insulting. "Honkie", "Cracker" etc. don't pack the punch that "N*gger" does.

King Kandy
it comes from the route word NIGER or NIGERIA
http://jamie-online.com/random-jamz/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/facepalm.jpg

JacopeX
I have no idea what the **** people are whining about it comes from the route word NIGER or NIGERIA, where the slaves were originally from. ....

What the hell is this?

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Hell Lancer
to ask a simple question: whats wrong with it? and why is it that no one but blacks can say it? and why does everyone feel that it MUST be offensive? Well if it's not offensive, how are the white people gonna keep feeling guilty?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by JacopeX

What the hell is this?

That, my friend, is the voice of progress. In the future everything will be decided by easily disproven guesswork.

chomperx9
what i dont get is how come on a national television show if someone says the N word it goes beep. but when a black man says cracker on tv theres no beep.

if they have the right to cut off the language of racial slurs like the N word then they should cut off cracker as well

King Kandy
Originally posted by JacopeX

What the hell is this?
"I swear I heard that on some talk show somewhere; its not like I should look up the actual etymology before I comment on this incredibly sensitive issue"

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by chomperx9
what i dont get is how come on a national television show if someone says the N word it goes beep. but when a black man says cracker on tv theres no beep.

if they have the right to cut off the language of racial slurs like the N word then they should cut off cracker as well

Well is there any meaningfully large segment of the population that is offended by the word cracker?

Also, crackers:
http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l369/xxflynnboyxx/cracker.jpg

Maybe that's the way to solve hundreds of years of racism. We just name some food product ******.

Robtard
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

Maybe that's the way to solve hundreds of years of racism. We just name some food product ******.

I nominate the eggplant.

http://www.bigsiteofamazingfacts.com/files/u1/eggplant.jpg

One Free Man
I have no idea what the **** people are whining about it comes from the route word NIGER or NIGERIA, where the slaves were originally from. normally, when i say this in a discussion on the street or anywhere else, people go, orly? and stfu. It's a lie, not a discrepancy in my extensive knowledge.

Robtard
normally, when i say this in a discussion on the street or anywhere else, people go, orly? and stfu. It's a lie, not a discrepancy in my extensive knowledge.

You're an idiot with a tiny penis and no one likes you. STFU & GTFO.

chomperx9
Well is there any meaningfully large segment of the population that is offended by the word cracker?

no because we take things less offensive compared to other races.

Symmetric Chaos

Stormfront 4EVA!!!

One Free Man
Originally posted by Robtard
You're an idiot with a tiny penis Is that your way of saying you were disappointed last night? sly

Robtard
Stormfront 4EVA!!!

"4EVA" sounds like a word/expression the mud-races would use.

Symmetric Chaos
"4EVA" sounds like a word/expression the mud-races would use.

Or maybe this thing: http://images.absoluteanime.com/neon_genesis_evangelion/thumbs/_unit_04-gif.jpg

Robtard
He looks mostly white.

Alpha Centauri

Maybe.

Then again, it may be because there's a whole weight of cultural and historical significance that attaches that word to vast swathes of humanity who were enslaved and degraded based on their skin colour.

"Cracker" doesn't have that.

-AC

chomperx9
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Maybe.

Then again, it may be because there's a whole weight of cultural and historical significance that attaches that word to vast swathes of humanity who were enslaved and degraded based on their skin colour.

-AC true but other races still take things more offensive than we do even when it doesnt involve skin color only their culture or race.

like hispanics. you call one a naco or cholo they take that more offensive than we do being called gringos

lil bitchiness
One thing that baffles me is why certain black people keep using it to refer to one another! It is so wrong.

That whole ''I can call myself that, but you can't'' crap just doesn't fly.

chomperx9
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
One thing that baffles me is why certain black people keep using it to refer to one another! It is so wrong.

That whole ''I can call myself that, but you can't'' crap just doesn't fly. i agree. if they dont like the word then they shouldnt use it just as much as we do. all they are doing is making it look like for others that its ok to use it since they do. but when others use it its a big NO NO

Kazenji
and why is it that no one but blacks can say it? ?

actually they do say in their rap vidoe's but for some reason when they say it its okay...

Bardock42
Originally posted by Kazenji
actually they do say in their rap vidoe's but for some reason when they say it its okay... That's what he said.

Hell Lancer
i just feel that censoring words and having one group of people "own" that word is BS. if blacks say nigga to one another--in expressions as offensive as "you're one stupid nigga"--why is it that the mere mention of the world from a white man makes it such a bad thing.

i've practically grown up with blacks, my ex-girlfriend was black and my best friend was black. what pissed me off was how after knowing someone for sixteen years the moment i said the n word he turned around and called me racist.....and i just pointed out the irony of knowing him for sixteen years and being his best friend.

what pisses me off is how knee-jerk it is. you siad the n-word, BAM! you're racist. no compromise. its the context that really matters. how can someone you've been practically brothers with, lived with, grown up with be racist?

Blinky

Symmetric Chaos

you get thorns
One reason that it will always be offensive is that they is money to be made in being offended. As long a we as society reward victims we will produce victims.

That in no way negates history but is no less true. We will never get beyond something if people are using it as a tool and therefore don't want it to go away.

Before you disagree I ask if you are old enough to remember Bernie Goetz? If not research the case. There are many more but this one is simple and obvious.

Blinky
Did you sleep through history class or something? White people weren't the slaves, any word used to insult them by the black slaves was (and remains) impotent because of that difference in standing.
No shit. But, to make you feel intelligent I'll say : WOW thanks for clearing that up for me... blacks were slaves? who would have thought?

****** doesn't evoke the "era" of slavery, it evokes that there was a time when it was okay for one's ancestors to be treated as less than human. It is also generally how the word is directed more than the simple word itself.

I'll have to explain myself. For the average white person in the 2000's "Cracker" is a negative word, but it is still laughable to be called one (see Chris Rock shows for a perfect example). Who cares if they (white people) were the ones with power in the slave days. The point is that most modern white people (especially liberal cry-babies) should be offended being called "Cracker" because "Cracker" brings up sterotypes of white people being the inheretly oppressive "white devils" who are racist. That is both an insult and a sterotype towards whites, much like the word "N*gger" is to blacks. Although, like I already pointed out "N*gger" seems to pack more of a punch (for good reason). It seems to me that "Cracker" rarely offends white people at all , I just dont get it.

Mind you ****** is only said by three types of people: those who wish to offend (in which case they have no right to be surprised when people react), racists (in which case they really are racists) and very rarely people like me that just don't care.
True. I'm the third kind.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Blinky
I'll have to explain myself. For the average white person in the 2000's "Cracker" is a negative word, but it is still laughable to be called one (see Chris Rock shows for a perfect example). Who cares if they (white people) were the ones with power in the slave days. The point is that most modern white people (especially liberal cry-babies) should be offended being called "Cracker" because "Cracker" brings up sterotypes of white people being the inheretly oppressive "white devils" who are racist. That is both an insult and a sterotype towards whites, much like the word "N*gger" is to blacks. Although, like I already pointed out "N*gger" seems to pack more of a punch (for good reason). It seems to me that "Cracker" rarely offends white people at all , I just dont get it.

Really? The only concept that "cracker" evokes in my mind is a sort of snack and I've never once met a person who used it as in a serious context as a pejorative. Not to mention that it many places it refers to poor whites, rather than just white people.

Robtard
Blinky has a point, "Cracker" or "Cracka", was a term used by black slaves to denote the cracking sound of the slave-mongers whip. So I've read.

So when a negroid calls a honky a "cracka", they're calling them a racist slave-driver, which is a negative and can be insulting to some, especially those white "let's give the negro a free-pass, because they've had it oh so, so rough" lib-pussies, he referred to.

Symmetric Chaos
Blinky has a point, "Cracker", which started out as "Cracka", was a term used by black slaves to denote the cracking sound of the slave-mongers whip. So I've read.

So when a negroid calls a honky a "cracka", they're calling them a racist slave-driver, which is a negative and can be insulting.

Or it was a term for Scostmen, or for poor whites that ate crackers, or for low paid cattle herders, or for braggarts. Next time a black person tries to insult you with the word "cracka" ask where he thinks the word comes from and what he believes a good modern definition is.

The baggage of ****** is inarguable, it's use as a pejorative predates American slavery. But no one really knows where "cracker" comes from and its meaning varies starkly from place to place.

shiv

Methinks The Lady doth protest too much.

If everyone on the street said hi bitchiness
You wouldn't like it.
You've taken that name and use it online in a community which respects you, but If I called you ***** to your face outside of kmc without warning I bet you wouldn't feel comfortable.

You don't know me And I don't know you.
Nevertheless On Kmc you call yourself a ***** and we call you a ***** and you like it.

Bitchiness is an expression we're comfortable with in The KMC community. You're a pretty cool girl and that's cool. Its a cool name. But at the Mall or at Work if people you didn't know started calling you by that name you wouldn't be normal if you didn't confront them and give them a piece of your mind.

The bottom line is whatever the reason its not polite or constructive to call someone else a name they have politely asked you several times not to call them.

Robtard
Or it was a term for Scostmen, or for poor whites that ate crackers, or for low paid cattle herders, or for braggarts. Next time a black person tries to insult you with the word "cracka" ask where he thinks the word comes from and what he believes a good modern definition is.

The baggage of ****** is inarguable, it's use as a pejorative predates American slavery. But no one really knows where "cracker" comes from and its meaning varies starkly from place to place.

Black people rarely insult me though, so I'll probably never get the chance. sad In fact, I've been called "******" by blacks more times than I've been called "cracka", odd that.

Not arguing that "******" isn't an insulting word.

Symmetric Chaos
Black people rarely insult me though, so I'll probably never get the chance. sad In fact, I've been called "******" by blacks more times than I've been called "cracka", odd that.

Not arguing that "******" isn't an insulting word.

Indeed, I think people worry about this too much. The word is liable to fade with time. Not because people will forget slavery but just because language drifts naturally.

FistOfThe North

Cause it's said as a tem of endearment.

And Aplha C's comment fully answers the thread question completely.

With this comment..

"Then again, it may be because there's a whole weight of cultural and historical significance that attaches that word to vast swathes of humanity who were enslaved and degraded based on their skin colour.

-AC

That's why i always thought why N**** was always (way) more offensive than the term cracker is.

Bardock42

True. I'm the third kind.

Sure, aren't we all to ourselves.

FistOfThe North

The point is that most modern white people (especially liberal cry-babies) should be offended being called "Cracker" because "Cracker" brings up sterotypes of white people being the inheretly oppressive "white devils" who are racist. That is both an insult and a sterotype towards whites, much like the word "N*gger" is to blacks.

so why do you think that still whites have that sterotype even still nowadays? that they're racist.

and one thing i always found funny is when whites always say that they're not racist cause they "have black friends" or "do" black things like for example listen to rap. like saying or doing those things are really supose to make me believe so.

like for example myself. i don't have any white friends. not one. i have dozens of friends but not one is white. and i'll say so. or let it be known if someone asks. without the fear. without worrying about whether or not anyone thinks i feel that my race is superior (in any way) to whites because of skin color.

Bardock42
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
so why do you think that still whites have that sterotype even still nowadays? that they're racist.

and one thing i always found funny is when whites always say that they're not racist cause they "have black friends" or "do" black things like for example listen to rap. like saying or doing those things are really supose to make me believe so.

like for example myself. i don't have any white friends. not one. i have dozens of friends but not one is white. and i'll say so. or let it be known if someone asks. without the fear. without worrying about whether or not anyone thinks i feel that my race is superior (in any way) to whites because of skin color. Yeah, but you are kinda racist, dude.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yeah, but you are kinda racist, dude.

How so? I don't think that my race is superior to any other race.

Robtard

like for example myself. i don't have any white friends. not one. i have dozens of friends but not one is white. and i'll say so. or let it be known if someone asks. without the fear. without worrying about whether or not anyone thinks i feel that my race is superior (in any way) to whites because of skin color.

Because the minorities of today, can't let shit that never happened to them, go. Though there's obviously racist White-people, as there are Blacks, Hispanics, Asians etc. today, probably always will be.

Yeah, that is a stupid thing to say, I agree. Though those non-racist white people probably feel the need to say it for the reasons listed above. The stereotype.

Good, you shouldn't have to justify the friends you keep. You are prejudiced towards White-people though, going from the history of your post.

shiv
Yeah, but you are kinda racist, dude.

what does he mean by friend.

its clear he doesn't mean aquaintances peers, colleagues, myspace friends or random people he says hi to.

Are there even any white people who share simmillar interests with him in his community.

Here's a question Bardock How many Hispanic friends do you have who count as real friends.

One Free Man

Bardock42
Originally posted by shiv
what does he mean by friend.

its clear he doesn't mean aquaintances peers, colleagues, myspace friends or random people he says hi to.

Are there even any white people who share simmillar interests with him in his community.

Here's a question Bardock How many Hispanic friends do you have who count as real friends.

None.

Bardock42
How so? I don't think that my race is superior to any other race. That's not a necessity of racism though.

FistOfThe North
Because the minorities of today, can't let shit that never happened to them, go. Though there's obviously racist White-people, as there are Blacks, Hispanics, Asians etc. today, probably always will be.

Yeah, that is a stupid thing to say, I agree. Though those non-racist white people probably feel the need to say it for the reasons listed above. The stereotype.

Good, you shouldn't have to justify the friends you keep. You are prejudiced towards White-people though, going from the history of your post.

how do you let go of being stripped culturally early on. how can you let go of the fact that alot of these financial/insurance and gov't institutions that still exist, have benefitted and still do benefit from monies accumulated from the black slavery trade and/or racism. you can't, especialy when they're institutions you'd probably have to cross paths with, as a black person.

The black slave trade generated hundreds of billions of dollars during those years and guess how much that is today with adjustment. Trillions. money did not dissapear and was put to good use. Out of all that money imagine the amount of independant small business and banks and agencies that've opened up back then only to sprout the behemoths that we have now. so it's not that easy to "let go".

And again (and again) i don't hate white people. i really do mean that. i have no reason to lie about that. if i disliked whites i'd say it on here. either way nothing would happen cause i don't care about being villified in here. so whether you believe me or not is your choice. in my heart and mind i know the truth.

FistOfThe North
That's not a necessity of racism though.

But that is what racism means though. That you think you're race is superior in every way to all others. i don't think that way and even if it was it not something i would go trumpting around cause i'm not like that.

Bardock42
But that is what racism means though. That you think you're race is superior in every way to all others. i don't think that way and even if it was it not something i would go trumpting around cause i'm not like that.

That's not what racism means. It's about the stereotyping and separating according to some construct of race. It is often associated with finding ones own race superior, which is probably why you are cofused, but it's not a necessary part of it. Your racism as portrayed throughout your post is not about the superiority of blacks.

FistOfThe North

Mindship
to ask a simple question: whats wrong with it? and why is it that no one but blacks can say it? and why does everyone feel that it MUST be offensive?
Blacks "owning" the word is a form of self-empowerment. It's the verbal-symbolic equivalent of taking the whip out of the slavedriver's hand and cracking it themselves--not to hit back, but to make the slavedriver take note. It's a statement: "We determine our lives. Not you."

King Kandy

Bardock42

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by King Kandy
In case you didn't notice, there's a second definition on that webpage.

you mean the second entry irrelevant to my meaning i was talking about in my disussion? yea, i saw it.

but, since I'm talking about racial superiority. the first entry seemed like the logical pick.

King Kandy
you mean the second entry irrelevant to my meaning i was talking about in my disussion? yea, i saw it.

but, since I'm talking about racial superiority. the first entry seemed like the logical pick.
The second definition was the one he was using.

Bardock42

but, since I'm talking about racial superiority. the first entry seemed like the logical pick. Problem is that my definition is relevant as I used it initially to describe you. So you selecting a meaning that does not apply is just silly and leads to nothing of value.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Mindship
Blacks "owning" the word is a form of self-empowerment. It's the verbal-symbolic equivalent of taking the whip out of the slavedriver's hand and cracking it themselves--not to hit back, but to make the slavedriver take note. It's a statement: "We determine our lives. Not you."

i don't think so.

like i said it's more of a term of endearment, it really is. (as ironic as it may seem)

hence the term "it's a black thing. you wouldn't understand."

lil bitchiness

Wait....Does this then gives us muslim-bashing free card for the suffering inflicted upon our ancestors for the past...oh 1000 years or so?

And while you and I are out there b!tching about what people did to our ancestors and other people from other countries in Middle East and Europe that we had nothing to do with, we can bring along FirstOfNorth, and he can ask Arabs why their word for 'black people' is 'abid', which is plural for 'slaves'?

Wei Phoenix
jzU7Be5TGX4

Robtard
how do you let go of being stripped culturally early on. how can you let go of the fact that alot of these financial/insurance and gov't institutions that still exist, have benefitted and still do benefit from monies accumulated from the black slavery trade and/or racism. you can't, especialy when they're institutions you'd probably have to cross paths with, as a black person.

The black slave trade generated hundreds of billions of dollars during those years and guess how much that is today with adjustment. Trillions. money did not dissapear and was put to good use. Out of all that money imagine the amount of independant small business and banks and agencies that've opened up back then only to sprout the behemoths that we have now. so it's not that easy to "let go".

And again (and again) i don't hate white people. i really do mean that. i have no reason to lie about that. if i disliked whites i'd say it on here. either way nothing would happen cause i don't care about being villified in here. so whether you believe me or not is your choice. in my heart and mind i know the truth.

How were you "stripped culturally"?

If you happen to define yourself as being or belong to "sub-Sharan African cultural", then I suggest you move there; there's an entire continent to sink yourself culturally in.

So you're upset that corporations exist today that were founded and/or benefited from black-slavery, despite slavery having ended 150+ years ago and you being in your 20's now? Seems all very odd.

Didn't say you 'hate white-people'. Just that you're prejudiced towards them as a whole.

FistOfThe North
Problem is that my definition is relevant as I used it initially to describe you. So you selecting a meaning that does not apply is just silly and leads to nothing of value.

well you didn't make it clear. all you did was call me a racist or whatever you wrote on that post.

and being looked at as silly by you is what's valueless. from the start i meant racial superiority. not prejudice and and discrimination.

guess you'll just have to watch how you sling the word around the next time so we won't have to go through a waste of time and unnecessary confusion like now.

Symmetric Chaos
And while you and I are out there b!tching about what people did to our ancestors and other people from other countries in Middle East and Europe that we had nothing to do with, we can bring along FirstOfNorth, and he can ask Arabs why their word for 'black people' is 'abd', which is plural for 'slaves'?

Probably because they had an active slave trade via Africa. That's not really surprising.

FistOfThe North

Robtard

Shakyamunison
FistOfThe North, but it sounds like you are grouping all white people together and casting blame of them. I am considered to be white (even though I'm really more of a red color), but my ancestors came from Russia. I don't think the Russian's had anything to do with slavery. So, by saying "white people" you are doing to me what other people are doing to you.

lil bitchiness
Probably because they had an active slave trade via Africa. That's not really surprising.

It begun long before European slave trade and ended (???) way after.

Thats why the name for all black people in Arabic remains ''abid''. Which is equal to Americans using word ''slave'' to refer to all black people.

This fact doesn't seem to bother FirstofNorth...maybe because he knows that Americans are obliged through ''white guilt'' to listen to him whine and b!tch.

And one more thing for FON,

How exactly is one stripped of ''African'' culture (ignoring at this point that Africa is a continent with thousands of cultures and customs and hundreds of languages), when those cultures exist in Africa still - well and alive.
Move to Africa, learn the language, assimilate and reclaim your ''culture''...that is if you know which country your ancestors came from. Or you can just pick at random, I suppose.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
FistOfThe North, but it sounds like you are grouping all white people together and casting blame of them. I am considered to be white (even though I'm really more of a red color), but my ancestors came from Russia. I don't think the Russian's had anything to do with slavery. So, by saying "white people" you are doing to me what other people are doing to you.

Russia had kholops and still has an active trade in sex slaves.

Shakyamunison

Did we have anything to do with black slaves?

Robtard

These sex slaves are mostly white eastern European women, iirc. Because this is what is most in demand.

Symmetric Chaos
Well duh. It begun long before European slave trade and ended (???) way after.

Slavery hasn't ended anywhere.

Thats why the name for all black people in Arabic remains ''abid''. Which is equal to Americans using word ''slave'' to refer to all black people.

That's the only word in Arabic for people with dark skin?

lil bitchiness

As do and did Africans, as do and did Arabs, as do and did Europeans....what's your point?

Symmetric Chaos
As do and did Africans, as do and did Arabs, as do and did Europeans....what's your point?

Indeed, I just made a post to that effect. Shaky didn't seem to think Russia had slaves (though maybe he meant black ones specifically).

Shakyamunison
...(though maybe he meant black ones specifically).

thumb up

lil bitchiness
Slavery hasn't ended anywhere.

That's the only word in Arabic for people with dark skin?

There is also aswad, meaning black or blackness (I don't know which one it is exactly or if anyone uses it, but its a word for black), but Abid or Abeeeeeed is the word used for black people. The origin and the meaning of the actual word, however is slave.

EDIT - These are the words I heard and are common between Middle Easteners. What are Saudis and other Arabs using, I don't know. If there are others...I don't know, my guess is yes. Are there other 'polite' words? Possibly.

Blinky
Sure, aren't we all to ourselves.

Shaddap, you sauerkraut-eating Nazi.

Blinky
BTW : I was joking, so don't cry, jew-killer.

Robtard
Don't bother yourself over an apology, Bardock's feelings (along with his anal-virginity, dignity and measure of self-worth) were taken from him in this forum, long ago.

BackFire
Your post if flawed because it's partially based on the premise that Bardock had his anal virginity when he began posting here.

Mindship
Shaddap, you sauerkraut-eating Nazi.
Nazi...the Jewish N word. wink

shiv
It begun long before European slave trade and ended (???) way after.

This fact doesn't seem to bother FirstofNorth...maybe because he knows that Americans are obliged through ''white guilt'' to listen to him whine and b!tch.

And one more thing for FON,

How exactly is one stripped of ''African'' culture (ignoring at this point that Africa is a continent with thousands of cultures and customs and hundreds of languages), when those cultures exist in Africa still - well and alive.
Move to Africa, learn the language, assimilate and reclaim your ''culture''...that is if you know which country your ancestors came from. Or you can just pick at random, I suppose.

Fist of The North You're better served putting her on Ignore.

Little Bitchiness your "Go Back To Africa." comments are offensive.

Robtard
Go back far enough, we're all from Africa.

lil bitchiness

Don't even try that crap on me. Him claiming African culture died with slaves is plain ignorant and if anything offensive to Africans (genuine Africans).
Slaves in America didn't arrive with single ''African culture''. They came to America with Nigerian, Gambian, Ghanian...etc culture - all unique and different...from clothes, to food to traditions, to religions.

You now have American culture - you're part of American culture. If you don't want to be part of American culture (but you don't have much choice, seeing how you are American), then import culture from your country, revive it and live it. Mix it with American culture. Links to Africa are now open.
French Canadians had links closed with France for 400 years. And by now they're not French any more, they're Quebecois or Francophone Americans - and have their OWN culture, which is different to Anglophones and Allophones.

Americans are the same. Neither Europeans nor Africans, nor Asians, but Americans.

Crying about 'stripping of African culture' is just a whiny ass argument and grouping traditions of all African countries into single thing is just plain ignorant.

REXXXX

There's no need for comments like that, shiv. Please avoid it.

One Free Man
Don't even try that crap on me. Him claiming African culture died with slaves is plain ignorant and if anything offensive to Africans (genuine Africans).
Slaves in America didn't arrive with single ''African culture''. They came to America with Nigerian, Gambian, Ghanian...etc culture - all unique and different...from clothes, to food to traditions, to religions.

You now have American culture - you're part of American culture. If you don't want to be part of American culture (but you don't have much choice, seeing how you are American), then import culture from your country, revive it and live it. Mix it with American culture. Links to Africa are now open.
French Canadians had links closed with France for 400 years. And by now they're not French any more, they're Quebecois or Francophone Americans - and have their OWN culture, which is different to Anglophones and Allophones.

Americans are the same. Neither Europeans nor Africans, nor Asians, but Americans.

Crying about 'stripping of African culture' is just a whiny ass argument and grouping traditions of all African countries into single thing is just plain ignorant. QFT.

chomperx9
threads like these shouldnt be open in the 1st place all they lead to is fights and someone getting offended because everyone else has their own opinions or can lead to someone getting booted

Symmetric Chaos

If you want to genuinely understand African culture going to Africa is a good idea.

shiv

Crying about 'stripping of African culture' is just a whiny ass argument and grouping traditions of all African countries into single thing is just plain ignorant.

You have no idea how .... sound.

Slaves didn't come from Nigeria or Gambia or Ghana.

There wasn't A Ghana A Nigeria Or A New Guinea or Democratic Republic of Congo or Nyasaland which later turned to Malawi etc.

These were European created Nation States After Native Forms of governance were dismantled and progressively eradicated by The Signatories to Otto Van Bismarks' Division Of Africa conference convened to preempt and organise the scramble for Africa.

Analysis of your scrips suggests circular logic and an allergy to factual information aided by a not too flexible attitude, could keep you from realising a rudimentary understanding of the current status of The Pan African diaspora.

Originally posted by REXXXX
There's no need for comments like that, shiv. Please avoid it.

:note to self:

Perm Ban Imminent.

If you want to genuinely understand African culture going to Africa is a good idea.

historically people who've encouraged African Americans to travel to The African Continent have never had good intentions

Reference Popular Culture: English Phrases current decade & preceding half century: Western Europe and The U.S.

"go the fVck back to Africa!"

often followed by the noun

"Ni**er!"

from the overall tone of the message the helpful advice to emigrate had a heavy hint of ... you know what. I'll stop right there. My red perm ban indicator light is flashing.

Adieu.

Symmetric Chaos
historically people who've encouraged African Americans to travel to The African Continent have never had good intentions

Reference Popular Culture: English Phrases current decade & preceding half century: Western Europe and The U.S.

"Ni**er!"

from the overall tone of the message the helpful advice to emigrate had a heavy hint of ... you know what. I'll stop right there. My red perm ban indicator light is flashing.

Adieu.

The racist sentiment is "if you're African, go to Africa" which was not what she said. FOTN complained that he felt that he wasn't in touch with African culture.

If you want to be a part of European culture go to Europe. If you want to be a part of Asian culture go to Asia. If you want to be part of African culture go to Africa. Racism just doesn't come into the equation.

Robtard

Or it could just mean exactly what Symetrical said. You're adding something that wasn't/isn't there, for the sake of bitching about it afterwards.

shiv
I've actually been to "Africa"

forgive me for commenting on a subject I obviously know nothing about.

ciao

Robtard

ciao

Awesome.

That wasn't the issue, your knee-jerking was. It's okay, it happens to the best of us.

Symmetric Chaos

ciao

Cool. I've been to "Africa" and to Africa.

lil bitchiness

There wasn't A Ghana A Nigeria Or A New Guinea or Democratic Republic of Congo or Nyasaland which later turned to Malawi etc.

These were European created Nation States After Native Forms of governance were dismantled and progressively eradicated by The Signatories to Otto Van Bismarks' Division Of Africa conference convened to preempt and organise the scramble for Africa.

Analysis of your scrips suggests circular logic and an allergy to factual information aided by a not too flexible attitude, could keep you from realising a rudimentary understanding of the current status of The Pan African diaspora.

Perm Ban Imminent.

"Ni**er!"

Adieu.

Pan Africanism....rant.

Pan Africanism is an idea born out as a consequences of trans-Atlantic slave trade.
It is not this old, ancient idea that lingered around. It is also riddled with ridiculous and absurd ideas such as to politically unified Africa. It is talking about unifying people on the bases of their skin colour disregarding religion, customs and tradition.

That's like suggesting that Asians should have some kind of global Asian movement because, well Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, Vietnamese...kinda look alike. But at the same time, having some kind of the Asian customs, to which Indians, Pakistanis, Persians and Arabs should somehow integrate into.

I cannot see Egyptians and Moroccans having the same system of government as Kenyans or Zimbabweans, nor do I think that people in Nigeria and people in Somalia or Ethiopia have the same wishes or political aspirations. Not to mention the hundreds of languages and dialects around Africa.

I would find it extremley opressive and quite insulting that someone would group my whole continent into a single political system, single culture and single identity. I would be angry and disgusted with whoever wanted to suppress my language, my history, and customs and condense it into something.

Africa has a very long and very rich history and it started shit loads of years ago. Arab and European slavery are just fragments of that history.

The point of the rant is that skin colour does NOT determine identity.

lil bitchiness

That made me chuckle.

Bardock42
well you didn't make it clear. all you did was call me a racist or whatever you wrote on that post.

and being looked at as silly by you is what's valueless. from the start i meant racial superiority. not prejudice and and discrimination.

guess you'll just have to watch how you sling the word around the next time so we won't have to go through a waste of time and unnecessary confusion like now.

Don't be silly. I called you something based on a definition of the word and you applied a more limiting and not fitting definition to it. It's like me telling you "Oh, look at that crane over there (bird)" and you saying "There's no construction machine over there"

Obviously the fault in the misunderstanding lies with you. Either purposefully or through ignorance of the full meanings of the word.

Rogue Jedi
Wow, someone made a thread on this.

Bardock42

ciao I don't understand how that is relevant.

Lord Lucien

shiv
Pan Africanism....rant.

Pan Africanism is an idea born out as a consequences of trans-Atlantic slave trade.
It is not this old, ancient idea that lingered around. It is also riddled with ridiculous and absurd ideas such as to politically unified Africa. It is talking about unifying people on the bases of their skin colour disregarding religion, customs and tradition.

That's like suggesting that Asians should have some kind of global Asian movement because, well Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, Vietnamese...kinda look alike. But at the same time, having some kind of the Asian customs, to which Indians, Pakistanis, Persians and Arabs should somehow integrate into.

I cannot see Egyptians and Moroccans having the same system of government as Kenyans or Zimbabweans, nor do I think that people in Nigeria and people in Somalia or Ethiopia have the same wishes or political aspirations. Not to mention the hundreds of languages and dialects around Africa.

I would find it extremley opressive and quite insulting that someone would group my whole continent into a single political system, single culture and single identity. I would be angry and disgusted with whoever wanted to suppress my language, my history, and customs and condense it into something.

Africa has a very long and very rich history and it started shit loads of years ago. Arab and European slavery are just fragments of that history.

The point of the rant is that skin colour does NOT determine identity.

Paragraphs 2, 3 and 4:

Paragraph 5:

Item 1: I used the word diaspora
Its There For A Reason.

Item 2: See Item 1.

Item 3: observe the use of the word current in -Paragraph 5-

Item 4: Nice Rant.

Item 5: Look before you Leap.

Q.E.D. lat

Kris Blaze
Lie.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Lie.

Nope.

Bardock42
Paragraphs 2, 3 and 4:

Paragraph 5:

Item 1: I used the word diaspora
Its There For A Reason.

Item 2: See Item 1.

Item 3: observe the use of the word current in -Paragraph 5-

Item 4: Nice Rant.

Item 5: Look before you Leap.

Q.E.D. lat

Wut?

Kris Blaze
Wut?
Can't read?

Symmetric Chaos
Can't read?

Deciphering gibberish is more of an art than a science.

Bardock42
Can't read? Nor write.

Symmetric Chaos
Subjects people! You have to have a subject!

Bardock42
Subjects people! You have to have a subject!

Lies. My great grandfather Mengele got lots of shit for having subjects.

Symmetric Chaos
Probably because of what he subjected them to.

Robtard
Nope.

I heard there's a lot of black-people in Africa, can you confirm this?

Symmetric Chaos
I heard there's a lot of black-people in Africa, can you confirm this?

Tons.

inimalist

here is a question for you shiv, do you think your friends of another race appreciate the fact that you use their ethnicity as a way to symbolize your anti-racism?

don't you think they would rather you judge them by the content of their character, and not their race, when valuing them as friends?

shiv
I asked Bardock if he has any friends who happen to be hispanic to illustrate the fallacy of labelling a person who does not happen to have close encounters with people of a particular ethnic origin as racist towards the ethnic group.

I am sorry my comments have caused you pain.

inimalist
no pain, just confusion

Bardock42
I heard there's a lot of black-people in Africa, can you confirm this? Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Tons.

His story seems too check out.

KidRock
lol "The N Word"

We have come so far as a civilization..

shiv
lil b I thought your advice was sarcastic. Especially when you wrote something like; idk select a country at random and go there.

You stated African customs and traditions are well and alive.

in the aftermath of the 19 and 20th Century Savage Saga of European Empire Expansion, many are Dying and many are Dead.

moving abroad to experience a different culture is a good idea provided its well executed.

advising someone to pick a random destination to travel to and adopt as an ancestral home at the end of a post where you made reference to "non existent cultural corrosion" and displaced africans "whining" over "non existent cultural corrosion" was the catalyst which roused my ire.

Research before travel arrangements is a good idea.

If you locate a Place of Origin, Destination Point will be interested in resolving the case of the branch which spontaneously combusted in "1818" when you arrive. This will help you feel valued. This will help them complete the Oral History of your people for generations to come.

you get thorns
Can anyone here locate the exact point where this thread became pointless?

Just asking.

One Free Man
lil b I thought your advice was sarcastic. Especially when you wrote something like; idk select a country at random and go there.

You stated African customs and traditions are well and alive.

in the aftermath of the 19 and 20th Century Savage Saga of European Empire Expansion, many are Dying and many are Dead.

many were primitive and criminal.

shiv
i just feel that censoring words and having one group of people "own" that word is BS. if blacks say nigga to one another--in expressions as offensive as "you're one stupid nigga"--why is it that the mere mention of the world from a white man makes it such a bad thing.

i've practically grown up with blacks, my ex-girlfriend was black and my best friend was black. what pissed me off was how after knowing someone for sixteen years the moment i said the n word he turned around and called me racist.....and i just pointed out the irony of knowing him for sixteen years and being his best friend.

what pisses me off is how knee-jerk it is. you siad the n-word, BAM! you're racist. no compromise. its the context that really matters. how can someone you've been practically brothers with, lived with, grown up with be racist?

brothers can fight, fall out and betray one another.

and best friends can feud when one starts taking things for granted.

In summary, where someone has a black g/f or b/f who uses the n word when talking Ebonics with their family and friends, It is verbal abuse to start calling them ****** without establishing whether they are comfortable being called a ****** by their partner from a different ethnic background.

Robtard
Originally posted by you get thorns
Can anyone here locate the exact point where this thread became pointless?

Just asking.

Dec 7th, 2009 06:58 PM, third post/second reply.

One Free Man
Dec 7th, 2009 06:58 PM, third post/second reply. a date which shall live in infamy.

zslick
so they finally banned the word naggers finally da** that word was annoying!

Bschott

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_S-Word_%28The_Boondocks%29

Deadline

Perm Ban Imminent.

"Ni**er!"

Adieu.

I have a strong feeling you don't know what you're talking about and you seem to be smoking that crack again. I keep telling you to leave it alone, but you don't listen.

shiv
Deadline racially motivated ethnic slurs are often meant to strike at an open wound and bring back painful memories of the past.
Can Anyone really explain use of the insult w*g for example without referring to the period in history where caricatures of black people were presented as gifts to Caucasian children for entertainment.

History is also involved when racists call people of Irish descent: **t l*****s.

If you're Irish And you know your culture and history, you know what that stands for And you know who thought it was a clever thing to say. If you don't its probably a good thing.

Deadline
Deadline racially motivated ethnic slurs are often meant to strike at an open wound and bring back painful memories of the past.
Can Anyone really explain use of the insult w*g for example without referring to the period in history where caricatures of black people were presented as gifts to Caucasian children for entertainment.

History is also involved when racists call people of Irish descent: **t l*****s.

If you're Irish And you know your culture and history, you know what that stands for And you know who thought it was a clever thing to say. If you don't its probably a good thing.

Thats not really what im refering to im pretty god damn sure slaves came from Ghana and Nigeria. Thats like African Slave trade basics. Its like you have no idea what you're talking about. Ease off the crack.

Its like talking about The Roman Empire and stating that The Romans never conquered Gaul (well at least part of it...not sure about the whole thing)

shiv
You're missing the point.

were the Iriquois restricted by U.S. statelines and the Border with Canada in 1600.A.D.

did the Navajo call themselves "US Citizens" in 1100.A.D. and did they hang out on reservations.

shiv
Borders Deadline. Borders.

Deadline
Sounds like semantics not sure what your point was. Still not sure what your point was.

shiv
Originally posted by Deadline
not sure what your point was. Still not sure what your point was.

laughing out loud

I'll see you in the V.F. yous palooka!

FistOfThe North
That really didn't answer my question of who you were "stripped culturally." Was just curious, doesn't matter.

Still don't understand the negative towards "these corporations" though, unless they're still practicing the slave-trade. What should they do now, about their possible roots? <-- please do answer this, I'm curious.

I do acknowledge (and have witnessed) the prejudice blacks face in America, many a time. They're not the only ones though.

What I don't understand, is why "black culture" for lack of a better word, propagates the negatives, the 'gangsta' lifestyle, obsession over unneeded material possessions, derogatory view towards women, especially black women, violence, drug use etc. etc. etc. Others won't change their views, until blacks do it themselves, first.

What should corporations do? Nice trick question. I know what you wanna hear but i'm not gonna go there. The flames my answer will spark won't be worth the time i'll spend on here explaining myself away while you get entertained by it all.

And Blacks aren't the only ones but they recieve it the most outta any race. too bad.

Black culture is not that. A good part of Hip Hop culture is that, get it right. And no it's not the same thing. There are millions of blacks that do not listen to hip hop. And Rock or Metal is just as negative, just as much.

Robtard
What should corporations do? Nice trick question. I know what you wanna hear but i'm not gonna go there. The flames my answer will spark won't be worth the time i'll spend on here explaining myself away while you get entertained by it all.

And Blacks aren't the only ones but they recieve it the most outta any race. too bad.

Black culture is not that. A good part of Hip Hop culture is that, get it right. And no it's not the same thing. There are millions of blacks that do not listen to hip hop. And Rock or Metal is just as negative, just as much.

How's it a "trick question"? You're blaming them for something they no longer practice. So what should these corporation do now, 150+ years later? Also, which corporations exactly? I'm asking, out of curiosity, not because I want entertainment. It's easy to blame, though it's worthless when you don't have a resonanble solution to back it up.

Really depends where you go, imo.

But it's prominent with blacks. As there's very few white rappers talking about the pros of black on black violence and degrading black women etc. Seems the change needs to start internally, before you can expect others to change their views.

shiv

Black culture is not that. A good part of Hip Hop culture is that, get it right.

And no it's not the same thing.

There are millions of blacks that do not listen to hip hop.

And Rock or Metal is just as negative, just as much.

Metal is possibly the most negative mainstream music known to man.

Dosclaimer: some metal is gppd.

Bardock42
Metal is possibly the most negative mainstream music known to man.

Dosclaimer: some metal is gppd.

Dosclaimer...lol.

gppd....lol.

shiv
laughing

Mairuzu
I call my black friends nigga all the time. They don't care. They call me nigga too.

Rogue Jedi
If they're your friend, like a really close friend, most black guys are fine with you (a non black) called them ******. I hung with mostly black guys growing up. We would ball at the park, go out for 40's later, they would call me white boy and I would call them ******.

Robtard
Then, after many 40's of Saint Ides and Olde English, RJ would give them all oral; only stopping to take short breaths and calling them "*******."

Mairuzu
Old english is the shit

Mairuzu
Now, don't be a negro, be my nigga. Help me out.

Whoa, whoa, whoa... I ain't nobody's nigga.

Well, you somebody's nigga, wearin this nigga tie.

Now you're being condescending, see? You've been warned, 'iight? Now, let's move forward amicably.

Well, 'iight, check this out, dawg. First of all, you throwin' too many big words at me, and because I don't understand them, I'm gonna take 'em as disrespect. Watch your mouth and help me with the sale.

Okay, see... see, now you found yourself a nigga. You was lookin' for a nigga? Nigga here now!

dadudemon
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Now, don't be a negro, be my nigga. Help me out.

Whoa, whoa, whoa... I ain't nobody's nigga.

Well, you somebody's nigga, wearin this nigga tie.

Now you're being condescending, see? You've been warned, 'iight? Now, let's move forward amicably.

Well, 'iight, check this out, dawg. First of all, you throwin' too many big words at me, and because I don't understand them, I'm gonna take 'em as disrespect. Watch your mouth and help me with the sale.

Okay, see... see, now you found yourself a nigga. You was lookin' for a nigga? Nigga here now!

I own this movie. Teeehee.

dadudemon
Dosclaimer...lol.

gppd....lol.

Is your forum so barren that you've been reduced to trolling on KMC? Do you need me to come back there and make posts so your members can have something to do?

Mairuzu
Wouldn't you?

Rogue Jedi
Then, after many 40's of Saint Ides and Olde English, RJ would give them all oral; only stopping to take short breaths and calling them "*******." Red Bull, Beeotch. And stop with the wishful thinking.

shiv
Interesting.

Bardock42
Originally posted by dadudemon
Is your forum so barren that you've been reduced to trolling on KMC? Do you need me to come back there and make posts so your members can have something to do?

My posting habits on KMC have changed little since I had the forum. Your implications are silly. I also don't have any deep emotional connection to the forum, if no one posts that is okay with me.

As you might have noticed shiv didn't mind anyways, probably cause he knew that it wasn't meant to "troll" him.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I hung with mostly black guys growing up. We would ball at the park, go out for 40's later

lol. ok..

were the 40's to wash down extra spicy chitlins you ate with them too? or was that only when you hosted hockey and budweiser afterwards days?

jeez.

Rogue Jedi
lol. ok..

were the 40's to wash down extra spicy chitlins you ate with them too? or was that only when you hosted hockey and budweiser afterwards days?

jeez. Not all blacks eat chitlins, we mostly went to Taco Bell or BK. I hate hockey. Budweiser always gave me the runs.

Not all blacks drinks 40's, you know, just so happens the 3 or 4 I ran with did. They always bought, so naturally I drank whatever they bought.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>