huntress vs green arrow

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chomperx9
who wins ?

JakeTheBank
Ollie

comicfan11
GA all day

vansonbee
Ollie w/ the majority~

tideoftime
Yeah, Huntress is good, but Oliver has her number. 8/10, with her winning the odd battles due to circumstance or his underestimating her.

AsbestosFlaygon
Naughty thoughts

ColossusGrundy
Ollie is in Batman's league, he should have no trouble at all with Huntress, not to take anything away from her, but he's just that much better.

namorsubby
one question:

what puts oliver ahead of Helena? in other words, why should he win this match? no sarcasm, just an honest question

tideoftime
Originally posted by namorsubby
one question:

what puts oliver ahead of Helena? in other words, why should he win this match? no sarcasm, just an honest question

He's better with his weapon(s) than she is, and he is an older, more experienced MA/adventurer, almost as good MA-wise as Batman (though not quite -- bats edges him via intellect and "the stare", as well as having a relatively wider range of devices).

namorsubby
Originally posted by tideoftime
He's better with his weapon(s) than she is, and he is an older, more experienced MA/adventurer, almost as good MA-wise as Batman (though not quite -- bats edges him via intellect and "the stare", as well as having a relatively wider range of devices). is he better with his weapon? why? IMo they're both about as skilled as one can get with their arrows......but helena has a rapid fire bow gun while GA simply has a bow and arrow.

experience, ok yeah.

H2H....idk, But i've seen Helena fight bats several times and beat Braun......who has beaten shiva and Black canary.....and whom Oracle says is at least a match for Shiva.....maybe better

-Pr-
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
Ollie is in Batman's league, he should have no trouble at all with Huntress, not to take anything away from her, but he's just that much better.

no he's not. where did you hear that?

Prep-Man
is he better with his weapon? why? IMo they're both about as skilled as one can get with their arrows......but helena has a rapid fire bow gun while GA simply has a bow and arrow.

experience, ok yeah.

H2H....idk, But i've seen Helena fight bats several times and beat Braun......who has beaten shiva and Black canary.....and whom Oracle says is at least a match for Shiva.....maybe better

Don't forget Savant.

tideoftime
Originally posted by tideoftime
Yeah, Huntress is good, but Oliver has her number. 8/10, with her winning the odd battles due to circumstance or his underestimating her.

Crap. Mis-keyed. Meant to type 7/10 (yeah, not a huge difference, but a significant figure difference, as Huntress is a good fighter. But I think Ollie is better. Not a whole lot, but enough to make a difference).

comicfan11
GA is the most skilled archer in the world.
In a JLA issue BCanary teases Ollie that Roy Harper managed to outshoot his records.
Then she reveals it was o joke.

As for h2h GA after his training from Deathstroke's and other teachers became pretty much a MA master.

The there is the fight at the end of the previous JLA run where he manages to pin Bats down through his somewhat peak human condition and skill, and that was before his upgrade.

Not to take anything away from Huntress but she aint taking GA.

namorsubby
Originally posted by comicfan11
In a JLA issue BCanary teases Ollie that Roy Harper managed to outshoot his records.
Then she reveals it was o joke.

As for h2h GA after his training from Deathstroke's and other teachers became pretty much a MA master.

The there is the fight at the end of the previous JLA run where he manages to pin Bats down through his somewhat peak human condition and skill, and that was before his upgrade.

Not to take anything away from Huntress but she aint taking GA.

I've seen nothing to suggest he is more skilled then Helena with an arrow.......and Helena's arrows come much faster via her bowgun so I'm pretty much convinced she has him there.

DS is a very skilled fighter, but not exactly the most skilled in the world

Helena has on 3 different occassions managed to catch bats and tie him up......she's also engaged in h2h multiple times......and even escaped him pinning her by kicking him off into a wall.

I don't see any reason why she can't beat GA

chomperx9
no way is he more skilled than current hawkeye

comicfan11
I've seen nothing to suggest he is more skilled then Helena with an arrow.......and Helena's arrows come much faster via her bowgun so I'm pretty much convinced she has him there.

DS is a very skilled fighter, but not exactly the most skilled in the world

Helena has on 3 different occassions managed to catch bats and tie him up......she's also engaged in h2h multiple times......and even escaped him pinning her by kicking him off into a wall.

I don't see any reason why she can't beat GA

JLA 124-125 (previous run)
GA beats Batman in h2h (no arrows used) and has him at his mercy until BC saves him.
And that's before his training.
Plus when he trained he didn't just train with DS's teacher but with a others too.

As for arrows?
GA can fire 8 arrows in 1 second or somthing like that (maybe more seconds or maybe 8 arrows at the same time not too sure).
Fact is that GA is pretty much considered the best archer in the DCU.

I've never heard any such claim for Huntress.

comicfan11
Originally posted by chomperx9
no way is he more skilled than current hawkeye

DCU

chomperx9
DCU in the DCU yeah GA is #1 archer for sure but this isnt just a crossbow fight between the 2. they can use their weapons or body to defend themselves

-Pr-
H2H, i'd give her the advantage. With all equipment, though, i'd go for Ollie for a healthy majority.

namorsubby
JLA 124-125 (previous run)
GA beats Batman in h2h (no arrows used) and has him at his mercy until BC saves him.
And that's before his training.
Plus when he trained he didn't just train with DS's teacher but with a others too.

As for arrows?
GA can fire 8 arrows in 1 second or somthing like that (maybe more seconds or maybe 8 arrows at the same time not too sure).
Fact is that GA is pretty much considered the best archer in the DCU.

I've never heard any such claim for Huntress.

Which volume is it, 3 ?

I'll check into that first claim.......which IMO still doesn't justify him being more skilled.......she's fought batman, and she's beaten someone who is considered at least equal and quite possible better than Lady Shiva. I do believe Shiva is generally considered better even than batman.If you're looking for that feat you can check her thread in the respect forum
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t518841.html

She may not carry a reputation matching Ollie's......but as for arching skills, she's at least equal. She's intercepted a mini-rocket in mid-air with one of her arrows......I don't think it matters that no one's ever called her the best archer in the world. and i'm not to sure of how fast ollie can fire an arrow.....but i'm positive that he can match the speed of a bowgun.....which can fire like a machine gun, only with arrows.

comicfan11
I've just read the whole respect thread.
Great job.

But as for the Braun fight you forgot to mention that she was getting wtfowned until Oracle actually instracted Huntress through the second half of the fight and the fight was actually interupted when the building collapsed.

Lady Shiva didn't have that knowledge nor the assistance from Oracle when she fought Braun.

As for archerry skills Huntress might be able to evade random thugs gunfire and stuff but GA has done the same against characters like Deadshot.

Other feats both melee and ranged include.

He has taken on Grundy, Etrigan and other demons.
He actually has the above mentioned feat against Bats.
He's beaten Red Hood (Jason Todd) in a sword fight
He's utterly owned Prometheus (the fake one-same one that Huntress and the rest of the BOP barelly drove off)
He fought Bats a second time h2h before being trained and the fight was cut short before they drew their weapons
He's shot water drops when they were falling
He fought Cassandra Cain and managed to get her of him.

h2h is not only skill (which after his training GA certainly has in abundance-but also wits and physical condition which I think also are in GA's favor-fighting Onomatopeia during a blood transfusion and surviving multiple arrows)

All those come from his repsect thread and IMO clearly state that GA>Huntress in every aspect.

namorsubby
I've just read the whole respect thread.
Great job.

But as for the Braun fight you forgot to mention that she was getting wtfowned until Oracle actually instracted Huntress through the second half of the fight and the fight was actually interupted when the building collapsed.

Lady Shiva didn't have that knowledge nor the assistance from Oracle when she fought Braun.

As for archerry skills Huntress might be able to evade random thugs gunfire and stuff but GA has done the same against characters like Deadshot.

Other feats both melee and ranged include.

He has taken on Grundy, Etrigan and other demons.
He actually has the above mentioned feat against Bats.
He's beaten Red Hood (Jason Todd) in a sword fight
He's utterly owned Prometheus (the fake one-same one that Huntress and the rest of the BOP barelly drove off)
He fought Bats a second time h2h before being trained and the fight was cut short before they drew their weapons
He's shot water drops when they were falling
He fought Cassandra Cain and managed to get her of him.

h2h is not only skill (which after his training GA certainly has in abundance-but also wits and physical condition which I think also are in GA's favor-fighting Onomatopeia during a blood transfusion and surviving multiple arrows)

All those come from his repsect thread and IMO clearly state that GA>Huntress in every aspect.

taking instructions from oracle doesn't dampen the feat.......and she's still fought batman,batgirl,cassandra,azrael,prometheus, catman,KGbeast, blue beetle, etc.

idk what evading people has to do with archery skills, but GA has never dodged a deadshot bullet........and there is nothing to suggest GA is more skilled with arrows than huntress, plus GA's weapon is much slower.....he's at a disadvantage there.

taking on big guys is one thing......consistently beating them is another. Huntress has "taken on":

Vixen
The general
Martain Manhunter(actually his brother Malefic)
small batman rogue group(Croc, scarface/ventriloquist,clayface)
group of Dove,plastiman,creeper, and armed soldiers
Ferak

huntress has a faster weapon with just as much skill with an arrow, IMO she is at least a match h2h......having fought and stalemated/beaten several MA's considered to be more skilled than GA(cassandra,bats,catman,azrael), and she is more willing to exercise lethal force or "play dirty".........i don't see how Ollie has anything but a better reputation than her, and larger fanbase

shiv
facepalm

comicfan11
taking instructions from oracle doesn't dampen the feat.......and she's still fought batman,batgirl,cassandra,azrael,prometheus, catman,KGbeast, blue beetle, etc.

idk what evading people has to do with archery skills, but GA has never dodged a deadshot bullet........and there is nothing to suggest GA is more skilled with arrows than huntress, plus GA's weapon is much slower.....he's at a disadvantage there.

taking on big guys is one thing......consistently beating them is another. Huntress has "taken on":

Vixen
The general
Martain Manhunter(actually his brother Malefic)
small batman rogue group(Croc, scarface/ventriloquist,clayface)
group of Dove,plastiman,creeper, and armed soldiers
Ferak

huntress has a faster weapon with just as much skill with an arrow, IMO she is at least a match h2h......having fought and stalemated/beaten several MA's considered to be more skilled than GA(cassandra,bats,catman,azrael), and she is more willing to exercise lethal force or "play dirty".........i don't see how Ollie has anything but a better reputation than her, and larger fanbase

Oracle basically emptied Helena's mind dissabling Brauns precog abilities. She was controlling Huntress.
If that hadn't happened Huntress would be dead.
It's not her feat, it's mostly Oracle's.

Huntress doesn't have GA's accuracy IMO.
Shooting waterdrops etc etc
Her entire team couldn't beat Prometheus while GA stomped him.

In straight h2h without any outside help or any other distraction Huntress didn't beat ANY of the characters you mentioned.
Never.
Not Batgirl. Not Batman. Not Azrael. Not Catman. (and this is all in your respect thread)
Unlike GA in the cases of Batman and Red Hood (at least)
Batman is of course more skilled than GA.
But skill isn't everything.
GA is also around peak human condition, plus he is tricky and a dirty fighter with insane endurance.
It's not just M.Arts

GA casually fires multiple arrows.
Even Helena's crossbow can't fire 4 arrows at the exact same moment so I don't see what's the deal.
He's taken entire teams of ninjas alone without any bother firing multiple arrows.
It's what he does.
Best archer in the DCU (also confirmed in an issue of Countdown-the same words)

And something else.
If we assume they have their standard equipment then GA has his trick arrows with him.
With that being said it's a massacre in his favor (explosives arrows, magnetic arrows, sonic arrows, etc etc)

Honestly as far as non-metas go GA is on a different level IMO.

psycho gundam
text walls? for real?

green arrow for the healthy majority

BruceSkywalker
who wins ?

dinah loses..

Helena and Ollie have an affair big grin laughing laughing laughing

chomperx9
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
dinah loses..

Helena and Ollie have an affair big grin laughing laughing laughing what did you drink before posting that ?

BruceSkywalker
what did you drink before posting that ?

chocolate milk

y

namorsubby
Oracle basically emptied Helena's mind dissabling Brauns precog abilities. She was controlling Huntress.
If that hadn't happened Huntress would be dead.
It's not her feat, it's mostly Oracle's.

Huntress doesn't have GA's accuracy IMO.
Shooting waterdrops etc etc
Her entire team couldn't beat Prometheus while GA stomped him.

In straight h2h without any outside help or any other distraction Huntress didn't beat ANY of the characters you mentioned.
Never.
Not Batgirl. Not Batman. Not Azrael. Not Catman. (and this is all in your respect thread)
Unlike GA in the cases of Batman and Red Hood (at least)
Batman is of course more skilled than GA.
But skill isn't everything.
GA is also around peak human condition, plus he is tricky and a dirty fighter with insane endurance.
It's not just M.Arts

GA casually fires multiple arrows.
Even Helena's crossbow can't fire 4 arrows at the exact same moment so I don't see what's the deal.
He's taken entire teams of ninjas alone without any bother firing multiple arrows.
It's what he does.
Best archer in the DCU (also confirmed in an issue of Countdown-the same words)

And something else.
If we assume they have their standard equipment then GA has his trick arrows with him.
With that being said it's a massacre in his favor (explosives arrows, magnetic arrows, sonic arrows, etc etc)

Honestly as far as non-metas go GA is on a different level IMO.

lol.....oracle was not controlling helena.......she told her a technique to scatter her thoughts

raindrops compared to a speeding missle the size of a pen?.......i dont think so.......huntress was the one that took prometheus down while engaging him in h2h.......i remember somebody coming in for the last blow.....but helena did the job, so yeah.

what are u talking about?........she beat batgirl(barbara) without any help/distraction(and she fought cassandra as batgirl with no interference)......she fought azrael and catman with no outside interference......and she's engaged bats more than once alone. so what do you mean?

huntress is far dirtier a fighter.....she's more ruthless and lethal.....no comparison really there.

helena's bowgun can fire arrows like a machinegun and has...so again, what do you mean?.......there's no way ollie can compare with that

umm no, trick arrows don't matter if helena is firing several times faster......and all her shots are lethal.

here's how i think this'll go down:

if they're going to take each other down......oliie loses via the gunbow, before they ever engage h2h....why? because helena has the tech advantage, firing faster......and she's just as good aiming......despite whatever title's been bestowed upon him......even if it came to h2h i doubt she'd lose.....she's at least comparable when it comes to skill.....but she's more vicious, lethal, and more willing to play dirty. also probably faster

Supermutant
Ollie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.