Superman and Wonder Woman vs The Destroyer (Loki)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Fight on Earth. No BFR.

bbrem123
Destroyer stomps them

JakeTheBank
Question: if the lasso effects souls and the like, and the Destroyer houses the lifeforce of the user inside, would the lasso work in any effect on it?

iceman24567
Destroyer ftw

TheKahn
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Question: if the lasso effects souls and the like, and the Destroyer houses the lifeforce of the user inside, would the lasso work in any effect on it?

That's the million dollar question. If the answer is yes then Superman and WW have a chance (extracting the soul from the armor is about the only real way to beat it). If the answer is no, then Destroyer wins eventually.

bbrem123
that would be bfr tho...they cant physically do anything to the destroyer armor

Zeuodin
Originally posted by bbrem123
that would be bfr tho...they cant physically do anything to the destroyer armor Not really. The armor would still be there. I'd say the lasso is their only hope. Or they stand behind her shield for eternity. If they encircle themselves in the lasso, it won't be able to do anything to them. Anything within the lasso is protected from any and all magic.

Konton
Destroyer

BattleMage
Spite shifty

Slaanesh
destroyer

vansonbee
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Question: if the lasso effects souls and the like, and the Destroyer houses the lifeforce of the user inside, would the lasso work in any effect on it? You thought of everything, don't you no expression

J/w, Anyone know of recent issue WW lasso performed this feat?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Zeuodin
Not really. The armor would still be there. I'd say the lasso is their only hope. Or they stand behind her shield for eternity. If they encircle themselves in the lasso, it won't be able to do anything to them. Anything within the lasso is protected from any and all magic.

that actually made me laugh.

not because i thought you were wrong or anything...

Warlord
destroyer

Zeuodin
Originally posted by vansonbee
You thought of everything, don't you no expression

J/w, Anyone know of recent issue WW lasso performed this feat? Didn't Genocide just do the soul suck thing recently? She is wonder woman's dead body reanimated.

celeyhyga17
supes and wondy barely

Kris Blaze
Lasso would nvr work.

Blanket
Not really. The armor would still be there. I'd say the lasso is their only hope. Or they stand behind her shield for eternity. If they encircle themselves in the lasso, it won't be able to do anything to them. Anything within the lasso is protected from any and all magic. This whole scenario sounds pretty gay to me

Philosophía
Originally posted by Blanket
This whole scenario sounds pretty gay to me

Everything sounds gay to you.

Because you like man ass.

Blanket

Batman-Prime
Team wins

Philosophía
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Team wins

That avatar/sig just made you my favorite poster.

In a non-Bran-Gay way.

Blanket
I want your love and I want your revenge
You and me could write a bad romance

Philosophía
M36206g78Qc

tideoftime
Diana's lasso has displayed the neccesary power to extract/compel souls, both against gods (Gods of Gotham), and implied in several instances over the past 18 issues or so of Wonder Woman (her journey into the realms of myth and things that were related to that, and everything related to Genocide). However, that would be a tricky thing in this particular instance, and not a given that WW would understand what was going on in time; I'm inclined to say the Destroyer wins, unless Team can intuit a course of action, or get the drop in some manner.

Zeuodin

Philosophía
Dude. That is nasty. Just the way you like it.

psycho gundam

iceman24567

bbrem123
i still think that taking out the soul is bfr...and even so they cant do anything to the armor

Batman-Prime

bbrem123
Team wins

how does the team win?... they can do nothing to the destroyer at all

Batman-Prime
how does the team win?... they can do nothing to the destroyer at all

Both are faster. Speed + Strength, for the hard win. It can be damaged Physically.
Then we have Dianas lasso for the easy win.
And Superman can always beat the shit out of Loki with t-vo, for the funny win.

Zeuodin

khazra
The lassoe wont effect whats essentially an inanimate object will it?

Strength & speed mean nothing to the destroyer, especially one with loki inside. He's the 2nd or 3rd most powerful destroyer host (after odin and maybe thor). With an asgardian host OF thor still didnt really do much of anything to it with his attacks.

And the destroyer's blasts have damaged mjolnir and killed thor pretty much in 1 shot. It decimates them.

tideoftime
Originally posted by khazra

Strength & speed mean nothing to the destroyer, especially one with loki inside. He's the 2nd or 3rd most powerful destroyer host (after odin and maybe thor). With an asgardian host OF thor still didnt really do much of anything to it with his attacks.

And the destroyer's blasts have damaged mjolnir and killed thor pretty much in 1 shot. It decimates them.

If it were a *strictly* inanimate object (a true robot, or golem without a soul) then the lasso would have no special power, as such, to affect it, other than being unbreakable. But if animated by a soul (god, what-have-you), then the lasso can work.

But I agree that it seems more likely that Destroyer would win (with the addendum that Superman might die, with Diana surviving only by way of her bracers/lasso, and a strategic withdrawal). Team has a chance of winning, but only if they figure out how to coordinate their attacks properly, and if Diana understands how to expel Loki via the lasso (which the lasso is *capable* of doing, but only if Diana has a grasp of what, exactly, is happening...)

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by khazra

Lasso will work IMO.

Was the destroyer ever damaged physically?

http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/2774/76424175.jpg
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/4342/17262827.jpg

The Destroyer blasts can be avoided wink. Especially by beings who are much faster.

The Imperiex Probes couldn't be damaged and yet it was done. If someone is capable of "physically" destroying the destroyer it's Superman.

The most common way to defeat the Destroyer is also an valid option with Supermans t-vo.

Naija boy
Lasso will work IMO.

The Destroyer blasts can be avoided wink. Especially by beings who are much faster.

The Imperiex Probes couldn't be damaged and yet it was done. If someone is capable of "physically" destroying the destroyer it's Superman.

The most common way to defeat the Destroyer is also an valid option with Supermans t-vo.

lmao.facepalm

TheKahn
Lasso will work IMO.

Do you even know which version of Thor that accomplished that feat? no expression

bbrem123
lol

kgkg
If Loki is controlling it I have a hard time believe anyone under sky father<Odin's level> beating this even than it will be a hard match.

SoulDevourer
teams only advantage is there speed

SoulDevourer

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/4342/17262827.jpg1st scan: wheres the damage? (if your refer to the bits & pieces it coud be anything includin the sheild)
wut issue btw?

2nd scan: u realize he use odinforce right? ermteh only thing supes gonna end up damagin is his own fists

galactusischere
Asgardian destroyer

Zeuodin
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
teams only advantage is there speed and a lasso that binds souls, immobilizes and blocks out any and all magic and enchantments.

They could lasso it like they did amazo. Except it can't shrink to escape. thus Bound for eternity.

place themselves with in the circe of the lasso. Nothing magical can enter or harm what is inside of it.

Or Soul dump.

nicamarvin
If someone is capable of "physically" destroying the destroyer it's Superman.
facepalm

bbrem123
and a lasso that binds souls, immobilizes and blocks out any and all magic and enchantments.

They could lasso it like they did amazo. Except it can't shrink to escape. thus Bound for eternity.

place themselves with in the circe of the lasso. Nothing magical can enter or harm what is inside of it.

Or Soul dump.

so ur telling me that even magic from being like zom cant harm her...i doubt it

team really doesnt have a chance...also with loki inside makes it much worse

Zeuodin
so ur telling me that even magic from being like zom cant harm her...i doubt it I dont' know what ZOM can do. I'd say it has to be past Skyfather level to get past it. Because Neither Ares nor Circe could get past it or get out of it.

kgkg
teams only advantage is there speed Which won't matter.

Zeuodin
Originally posted by kgkg
Which won't matter. Really?

http://www.picamatic.com/show/2008/10/23/01/18/1228645_527x800.jpg

What is the destroyer going to do if she binds it like this?

bbrem123
shot his head laser at her...then shes dead

kgkg
Really?

What is the destroyer going to do if she binds it like this? I'm getting 403 Forbidden

-Pr-
I'm getting 403 Forbidden

me too.

Zeuodin
I'm getting 403 Forbidden
Try again

TheKahn
Loki + Destroyer = threat to Odin

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/7086/10932278.jpg

Mindset

Batman-Prime
1st scan: wheres the damage? (if your refer to the bits & pieces it coud be anything includin the sheild)
wut issue btw?

2nd scan: u realize he use odinforce right? ermteh only thing supes gonna end up damagin is his own fists

1. It could be? laughing out loud

2. I hear that the odinforce keeps Mjolnir on it's way thru his eyebeams. I see Mjolnir destroying his head though. If Mjolnir wouldn't be needed, why not use an odinforce-eyeblast?

Yeah right, she will just stand there, waiting and takind the blast laughing

Originally posted by nicamarvin
facepalm

Marv, you now it's true. He did it to beings as powerful as the Destroyer (Imperiex Probes) and to beings beyond it, Imperiex himself (though with amp).

Why does everyone discredit Dianas Lasso and Supermans t-vo (he can beat Lokis spirit directly while dealing with the Destroyer physically)?

TheKahn
1. It could be? laughing out loud

2. I hear that the odinforce keeps Mjolnir on it's way thru his eyebeams. I see Mjolnir destroying his head though. If Mjolnir wouldn't be needed, why not use an odinforce-eyeblast?

no expression
You do realize that Mjolnir get its power from Odin's enchantments (ie the Odinforce), don't you? Its just an extention of the Odinforce. Without that power its just a hammer shaped chunk of Uru.

Yeah right, she will just stand there, waiting and takind the blast laughing

No, I imagine that WW and Superman will be difficult targets to hit, however the Destroyer has the advantage in terms of stamina, durability, and energy/matter manipulation. It literally does not tire - ever. It make take a long time but the Destroyer is capable of simply outlasting them, imo.

Marv, you now it's true. He did it to beings as powerful as the Destroyer (Imperiex Probes) and to beings beyond it, Imperiex himself (though with amp).

confused

Please tell me how you determined the Imperiex Probes are as durable as the Destroyer. It took a Sky-father level character to damage it. Last I checked Mongul and Superman were not anywhere that level.

Why does everyone discredit Dianas Lasso and Supermans t-vo (he can beat Lokis spirit directly while dealing with the Destroyer physically)?

The Lasso is an unknown in this fight. It might work and it might not. But seeing as that is about their only way to win, I don't think most people are willing to base their opinions solely on it working.

As for the T-Vo...meh I've always considered it more of a plot device than an actual ability (just my opinion) IIRC it really hasn't been used much or if its still canon given all the recent DC retcons. Even then I'm not certain that would work. Loki's magic might provide him enough protection against such an attack.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by TheKahn
no expression
You do realize that Mjolnir get its power from Odin's enchantments (ie the Odinforce), don't you? Its just an extention of the Odinforce. Without that power its just a hammer shaped chunk of Uru.

No, I imagine that WW and Superman will be difficult targets to hit, however the Destroyer has the advantage in terms of stamina, durability, and energy/matter manipulation. It literally does not tire - ever. It make take a long time but the Destroyer is capable of simply outlasting them, imo.

confused

Please tell me how you determined the Imperiex Probes are as durable as the Destroyer. It took a Sky-father level character to damage it. Last I checked Mongul and Superman were not anywhere that level.

The Lasso is an unknown in this fight. It might work and it might not. But seeing as that is about their only way to win, I don't think most people are willing to base their opinions solely on it working.

As for the T-Vo...meh I've always considered it more of a plot device than an actual ability (just my opinion) IIRC it really hasn't been used much or if its still canon given all the recent DC retcons. Even then I'm not certain that would work. Loki's magic might provide him enough protection against such an attack.

Yes but it doesn't release the odinforce on impact/strike. You can blast with it, make funny things, control weather etc. But the impact was just that, an impact, the person throwing it had just the strength to throw it hard enough wink.

Outlasting them might be the only way for it to win IF it's impervious to all their attacks, which i doubt, honestly.

Mongul is no Skyfather and he never damged that thing. The Probes wrecked whole tams, incl. JLA. Their Armor was only breached by plot deviced attacks and an all out Superman/Doomsday.
You might not like it and you surely won't accept it but Superman is or was on almost that level during the OWAW arc (in FC too btw).
The Quintessence considers him a cosmic being, the Spectre gets involved in this matter too. Superman even says why he won't join the ranks of the Quintessence.

I wouldn't disredit the lasso and t-vo as quickly. The Destroyer is mostly defeated by some plot device. The lasso and t-vo are pretty good ones. I think it's more probably for them to work, then the Destroyer outlasting them.

Priest
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Lasso would nvr work.
Originally posted by Blanket
This whole scenario sounds pretty gay to me
I see what u did there laughing out loud

quanchi112
Lasso will work IMO.

The most common way to defeat the Destroyer is also an valid option with Supermans t-vo. These might be the worst examples I have ever seen. Destroyer stomped that team and wasn't harmed physically at all and was bfr'd if memory serves me correctly.

The second is King Thor using the odinforce which means him 20 times as powerful as both Superman and WW. Might as well post the Celestials slagging the destroyer and claim Supes and WW wins.

Warlord
destroyer for the pwn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.