The Return of Bruce Wayne - Grant Morrison's new series

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philosophía
http://www.usatoday.com/life/comics/2009-12-09-morrison-bruce-wayne-st_N.htm

http://i.usatoday.net/life/_photos/2009/12/09/brucewayne_cave_sketchx-large.jpg

http://images.usatoday.com/life/_photos/2009/12/09/brucewayne_pirate_sketchx-large.jpg

This sounds f*cking awesome.

-Pr-
hot damn...

comicfan11

Kris Blaze
shit will be epic, 's all there is to it.

starlock
sick

BlackZero30x
I am rather excited!

xJLxKing
EPIC!!! I normally don't read Batman because there are too many, but now, I gotta

roughrider
Is it a coincidence that both Batman & Captain America get displaced in time, while the world thinks them both dead?

JakeTheBank
This review had me at "viking Batman"

batdude123

WickedDynamite
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING!

F cking! Morrison stealing ideas from Lee Falk's The Phantom and from Wolverine origins.

Get this f*** hack out comics books already. (Or at least out of Batman titles)

Darth Vicious

WickedDynamite
Originally posted by Darth Vicious

As for the story itself, aint we seeing this already with Captain America? Hero dies, somehow is trapped in the past and is trying to find a way to his own time. While the details are different, the premise seems the same.

Thank you! further evidence that **** Morrison is nothing but an overrated HACK!

Philosophía
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
As for the story itself, aint we seeing this already with Captain America? Hero dies, somehow is trapped in the past and is trying to find a way to his own time. While the details are different, the premise seems the same.

Yes, it's similar to the recent Captain America: Reborn story, and when the first issue came out there were quite a few people who accused Brubaker of ripping-off Morrison/Batman/Final Crisis and Lost, for starters. He hilariously defended himself by saying something similar to "I didn't rip this, I ripped off that!" (reffering to Slaughterhouse), and also saying that this was in plans ever since Captain America #25.

Either way, I have no doubt that Grant will, despite the similarities, do something completly different.

Kris Blaze
And by different, we mean better.

'cause face it. Morrison > Brubaker.

WickedDynamite
Different does not equal better.

Juntai
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
Thank you! further evidence that **** Morrison is nothing but an overrated HACK!

I guess that makes Brubaker an overated hack too. And Joe Kelly for the similar Aquaman storyline.

Kris Blaze
Different does not equal better.
That's true.

Morrison is still better smile

WickedDynamite
Originally posted by Juntai
I guess that makes Brubaker an overated hack too. And Joe Kelly for the similar Aquaman storyline.

If I had to choose between Brubaker and Morrison....you know the answer. One more of a hack than the other...

WickedDynamite
Originally posted by Kris Blaze

Morrison is still better smile

A matter of opinion.

Juntai
If I had to choose between Brubaker and Morrison....you know the answer. One more of a hack than the other... And how many genre defining/breaking classics has Brubaker penned?

Don't worry, I'll wait.

WickedDynamite
And how many genre defining/breaking classics has Brubaker penned?

Don't worry, I'll wait.

You don't need ground breaking classics just to tell a good story. Brubaker doesn't have to confuse the audience like Morrison does and later claim "it's part of the plan"

Sorry, but I don't get con so easily.

Juntai
You don't need ground breaking classics just to tell a good story. Brubaker doesn't have to confuse the audience like Morrison does and later claim "it's part of the plan"

Sorry, but I don't get con so easily. If you get confused reading them, maybe you should change over your subscriptions to the DC Kids lineup, Tiny Titans and Justice League Unlimited, etc.

The stories are layered are multi-faceted if you peel away the layers, he leaves crumbs, but there has been nothing confusing I've found in his stories.

Kris Blaze
A matter of opinion.
I take it you didn't read "The Invisibles" ?

WickedDynamite
If you get confused reading them, maybe you should change over your subscriptions to the DC Kids lineup, Tiny Titans and Justice League Unlimited, etc.

I'm sorry but you're moving into the area of Morrison fanatics that proclaim such nonsense. The man purposly mislead his readers into creating their own conclusions and by the time the story ends is a big anti-climatic. Add the fact the man loves to throw in his atrocious creation of the Batman son! Oh, yeah! Scrappy Doo of the industry.

The stories are layered are multi-faceted if you peel away the layers, he leaves crumbs, but there has been nothing confusing I've found in his stories.

See, I grew up with the Batman detective stories of the 70s. Those stories did not have to peel away anything...it provided the readers with challenging clues to solve. Whereas Morrison is like going "Oh! Here is a character from the Batman history! Threw him in and that is self explanitory"

roughrider
If I had to choose between Brubaker and Morrison....you know the answer. One more of a hack than the other...

They're just stylistically different.
I just think Morrison's crazy, experimental bent towards the medium, is better served with characters where he can give full reign to his imagination - Doom Patrol, Superman, JLA, X-Men, Fantastic Four.
But with Batman in his own book, I want streetwise stories, not nutso superheroing. Ed Brubaker, Jeph Loeb, and (early)Frank Miller do that. While Morrison wants us to run along behind him on his acid trip storytelling.

By the way - what was that revelation he was telling about last year? The one that was supposed to be the biggest one in the 70 year history of DC?
It turned out to be nothing at all - didn't it?

Badabing

WickedDynamite
Originally posted by roughrider
They're just stylistically different.
I just think Morrison's crazy, experimental bent towards the medium, is better served with characters where he can give full reign to his imagination - Doom Patrol, Superman, JLA, X-Men, Fantastic Four.
But with Batman in his own book, I want streetwise stories, not nutso superheroing. Ed Brubaker, Jeph Loeb, and (early)Frank Miller do that. While Morrison wants us to run along behind him on his acid trip storytelling.

By the way - what was that revelation he was telling about last year? The one that was supposed to be the biggest one in the 70 year history of DC?
It turned out to be nothing at all - didn't it?

It's not even and acid trip story...to me Morrison tries very hard to write a good detective story but somehow he chickens out and replaces it with an ex du Machina. Or he just runs to the wishing well and takes characters from the past just to make themselves as self explanitory.

And yer right...biggest revelation turn out to be the biggest drop of the ball last year.

On the other side of the coin is Paul Dini...he has master the skill of Detective stories in the Batman Mythos. It's like the man came from the 70s to thrill us with his mighty pen.

Oh, and edit note...I'm not going to be a sour puss and spoil things for you guys. I'll take this to PM to avoid others displeasure.

HueyFreeman
I am open. It really depends with Morrison. Sometimes hes brilliant and sometimes I feel myself going"What the hell was he thinking?". Hopefully its All-star good and not RIP bad.

BruceSkywalker
oh man.. oh man,,, i cannot wait to buy several copies

roughrider

On the other side of the coin is Paul Dini...he has master the skill of Detective stories in the Batman Mythos. It's like the man came from the 70s to thrill us with his mighty pen.

Yes, Paul Dini is great. Working in both the comics and the DC animated universe; he's not too heavy or too light, but just right. He's from the Peter David-Mark Waid school of entertaining writers.

And Brian Azzarello - there's another Bat writer I would prefer over Morrison.

Juntai
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
I take it you didn't read "The Invisibles" ? Invisibles is incredible. thumb up
I still need the final trade though.

King Mob = overload of awesome.

starlock
I'm sorry but you're moving into the area of Morrison fanatics that proclaim such nonsense. The man purposly mislead his readers into creating their own conclusions and by the time the story ends is a big anti-climatic. Add the fact the man loves to throw in his atrocious creation of the Batman son! Oh, yeah! Scrappy Doo of the industry.

See, I grew up with the Batman detective stories of the 70s. Those stories did not have to peel away anything...it provided the readers with challenging clues to solve. Whereas Morrison is like going "Oh! Here is a character from the Batman history! Threw him in and that is self explanitory"

QFT thumb up

ExodusCloak

iceman24567
Where the hell did he get a giant bathead from?

Scythe
Sabertooth Bat...

Anyhoe, I'm glad Bruce is back, I can start buying Batman comics again.

roughrider

The Nuul
A matter of opinion.

thumb up

Depends on what title those writers are on that the time.

WickedDynamite
Originally posted by The Nuul
thumb up

Depends on what title those writers are on that the time.

Very true...yes

The Nuul
Brubaker writes a great Cap but may write a shitty Superman. Same goes for Morrison who writes a great Superman but maybe a shitty Cap.

-Pr-
Morrison's done more than Batman. It's not fair to judge him on one or two arcs, imo...

I'm really glad to see Bruce on his way back, personally, and i enjoyed Morrison's work leading up to Final Crisis. Can't wait...

Kazenji

F cking! Morrison stealing ideas from Lee Falk's The Phantom and from Wolverine origins.

What part of this is from Wolverine Origins?

Bouboumaster
Bruce Wayne will be back. What a surprise. thumb down

It's sad, the serie with Grayson made the ol' thing more interesting

WickedDynamite
Originally posted by Kazenji
What part of this is from Wolverine Origins?

Origins trace back to time...legacy...all that stuff the character doesn't need because he already evolved...ya know...stuff.

WickedDynamite
I love the DC boards. laughing out loud

Merlyn
Well there's obviously going to be some type of encounter with Vandal Savage. Woohoo. none

BruceSkywalker
i can't to see what is in store for Bruce the rest of the series

Galan007
I'm just anxious to see how in the hell Bruce is going to use stone age technology to get the DeLorean up to 88mph, so he can get home..?

Guess he's gotta harness teh Gigawatt powa!!11! haermm2

Disappear
morrison stole the idea from here:
http://www.peterchimaera.com/batman.txt

roughrider
Originally posted by Galan007
I'm just anxious to see how in the hell Bruce is going to use stone age technology to get the DeLorean up to 88mph, so he can get home..?

Guess he's gotta harness teh Gigawatt powa!!11! haermm2

Great - now I've got Huey Lewis songs stuck in my head... roll eyes (sarcastic)

tjcoady
And how many genre defining/breaking classics has Brubaker penned?

Don't worry, I'll wait.

"Sleeper," and "Criminal."

That's two.

roughrider
Grant Morrison does have a genius and has done some classic stories - but sometimes when you're always swinging for the fences you strike out. He doesn't have the sensibilities to do streetwise, criminal & espionage stories. Ed Brubaker does, which is why he's great on Batman & Captain America. Reminds me of Doug Moench in his heyday. He may not the sensibilities for characters like Silver Surfer or Superman, but he's handled well the characters he's chosen.

tjcoady
Origins trace back to time...legacy...all that stuff the character doesn't need because he already evolved...ya know...stuff.

I'm sorry, but that's kind of a terrible point. He clearly didn't steal anything from Wolverine: Origins.

manjaro
from the looks of the diffrent costumes i presume that some time hopping will be involved..thats cool with me..i actually have more faith in this than cap's return..Why? from the Moment DS blasted Bruce we saw him in a cave writing on a wall. so we know he was always alive. cap on the other hand was dead as a doornail no fancy cosmic shit..he got "capped" str8 up<------see what i just did there?...we even saw his body disintigrtate in front of some ppl..now i could understand if they had said that the SS serum reformed him or something but to just pluck him out of the time stream, and have him tumble thru his past life so that his memory can get back up to speed in the current timeline is mildy retarded

tjcoady
Originally posted by manjaro
from the looks of the diffrent costumes i presume that some time hopping will be involved..thats cool with me..i actually have more faith in this than cap's return..Why? from the Moment DS blasted Bruce we saw him in a cave writing on a wall. so we know he was always alive. cap on the other hand was dead as a doornail no fancy cosmic shit..he got "capped" str8 up<------see what i just did there?...we even saw his body disintigrtate in front of some ppl..now i could understand if they had said that the SS serum reformed him or something but to just pluck him out of the time stream, and have him tumble thru his past life so that his memory can get back up to speed in the current timeline is mildy retarded

It's not like someone went back and retconned it though; Brubaker's been Cap since before he was killed, and obviously planned for this to happen. Hints of it were set up, if you wanted to look- particularly the Skull's and Zola's early interactions with Doom.

willRules
Also Cap's death predates Batman's. If anyone should be accused of copying anyone it's Morrison copying Brubaker in that respect, however I'm willing to give them both the benefit of the doubt and say it's comics, characters die and come back all the time...

Philosophía
Return of Bruce Wayne covers from issue one to four.

Spoiler warning ermm

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/files/2010/02/batmanrobw01cvr.jpg
http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/files/2010/02/batmanrobw02cvr.jpg
http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/files/2010/02/batmanrobw03cvr.jpg
http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/files/2010/02/batman_robw04cvr.jpg

Awesome, eh ?

Omega Vision

Original Smurph
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING!

Get this f*** hack out comics books already. (Or at least out of Batman titles) laughing out loud

Omega Vision
This sounds like it might actually be better than "Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?", I'm psyched.

WickedDynamite
Grant Morrison is so stupid he took a umbrella to see Purple Rain.

Grant Morrison is so stupid that when a fan asked him to sign his copy of Batman #666 he wrote "Gemini"

Grant Morrison is so bald, you could draw a line down the middle of his head and it would look like a big ass.

Omega Vision

Grant Morrison is so stupid that when a fan asked him to sign his copy of Batman #666 he wrote "Gemini"

Grant Morrison is so bald, you could draw a line down the middle of his head and it would look like my ass.
Grant Morrison is so talented that you didn't understand anything that he wrote and it made your head hurt thus you elected to bash him in an incredibly childish manner.

Original Smurph
Oh, and edit note...I'm not going to be a sour puss and spoil things for you guys. I'll take this to PM to avoid others displeasure.

Grant Morrison is so bald, you could draw a line down the middle of his head and it would look like a big ass.

Fail.

WickedDynamite
Yes, we know, Morrison fails...thank you for pointing that out. thumb up

BruceSkywalker

Omega Vision
Yes, we know, Morrison fails...thank you for pointing that out. thumb up
You have John Cena in your sig. You automatically forfeit any chance of having a respectable opinion on good fiction.

Alpha Centauri
I find it hard to wrap my head around people dissing Grant Morrison.

I totally understand not liking his work, he does some controversial shit, but to actually sit on a forum and go around filling threads with childish hate vendettas against characters and writers is just mental.

For the record, I think Morrison is awesome.

I just...don't read comics with characters I dislike or written by writers I dislike. That's enough for me. It's a shame people can't stop giving attention to people they allegedly hate. It certainly doesn't help their case.

Originally posted by Omega Vision
You have John Cena in your sig. You automatically forfeit any chance of having a respectable opinion on good fiction.

I may profile this. It may be my first profiled quote.

-AC

Galan007

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Galan007
Now Grant "the hack" Morrison is ripping off ideas from the old 'Quantum Leap' show?

That son of a b*tch! ermmnone
I'll write angry rants on my blog! stick out tongue

JakeTheBank
I'm actually more interested on how Bruce's return impacts Grayson on the other Bat-Family members more than his actual return. I hope it's nothing as simple as Dick handing Bruce the cowl back and reverting back to Nightwing.

-Pr-
i hope he eventually goes back to being Nightwing, though.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by -Pr-
i hope he eventually goes back to being Nightwing, though.

True. Grayson came a long way in his own identity and as his own man. I'm just hoping it's nothing too simple. But knowing Morrison, it never is, so my concern may be unfounded anyway.

-Pr-
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
True. Grayson came a long way in his own identity and as his own man. I'm just hoping it's nothing too simple. But knowing Morrison, it never is, so my concern may be unfounded anyway.

lol, aye. i wonder how Damien will take it. hopefully it won't be something like "the real batman is back. piss off, loser."

JakeTheBank
lol, aye. i wonder how Damien will take it. hopefully it won't be something like "the real batman is back. piss off, loser."

Perhaps the truth about his parentage will be revealed at last, too. In any case, I see Damien being a little hellspawn about everything.

Endless Mike
I know a character like that will never truly stay dead but you could at least wait a few years.

tjcoady
Originally posted by Endless Mike
I know a character like that will never truly stay dead but you could at least wait a few years.

But he never died. We saw him the very next issue.

Philosophía
The final two covers.

*spoiler alert*
Return of Bruce Wayne #5:
http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/files/2010/02/batman_robw05cvr.jpg
Return of Bruce Wayne #6:
http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/files/2010/02/batman_robw06cvr.jpg

Philosophía

WickedDynamite
"Superstar Grant Morrison..." laughing out loud

BruceSkywalker

Batman-Prime

I don't understand your hate. He did a great work with FC and All Star Superman (one of the best comics imo). I'm not very fond of his Batman but anyway, he is good for a surprise.

tjcoady

This is honestly just childish.

WickedDynamite
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
I don't understand your hate. He did a great work with FC and All Star Superman (one of the best comics imo). I'm not very fond of his Batman but anyway, he is good for a surprise.

Okay, I'm going to lay down this on the table once and for all. The Next person telling me why I hate Morrison is a friggin IDIOT Over prentious MORRISON FANBOY!

I.....

...DON'T HATE GRANT MORRISON

I do whoever think IN MY OWN OPINION that he is overrated, overhyped, and not a very good writer for Batman.

Sure! He was a good writer in THE PAST with his previous works. But again...that was in the past.

You like his new works?! Good for you.

I don't...

That should be clear enough.

Some of you don't tolerate the opinions of others whom find Morrison to be bad. Fine! So why should fans like me....tolerate others claiming he's the greatest comic book writer ever?!

If this wasn't clear enough. Oh, well, tough! I'm not repeating myself.

willRules

Batman-Prime
Okay, I'm going to lay down this on the table once and for all. The Next person telling me why I hate Morrison is a friggin IDIOT Over prentious MORRISON FANBOY!

I.....

DON'T HATE GRANT MORRISON

I do whoever think IN MY OWN OPINION that he is overrated, overhyped, and not a very good writer for Batman.

Sure! He was a good writer in THE PAST with his previous works. But again...that was in the past.

I don't...

Some of you don't tolerate the opinions of others whom find Morrison to be bad. Fine! So why should fans like me....tolerate others claiming he's the greatest comic book writer ever?!

You are quite sensitive, aren't you... though looking at you sig... hmm, sorry i did not mean to discriminate you or your sexual orientation.

Anyway, I don't knew you so you post seemed to be full of hate. A misunderstanding if you wish, nothing more nothing less. And you are right, Morrison isnt the best writer out there. Jeph Loeb is the King.

no expression

Omega Vision

I.....

...DON'T HATE GRANT MORRISON

I don't...

I've yet to find one sophisticated comics reader who has come up with a good argument for why Morrison isn't a good writer. Personal preferences aside his style is both inventive and original and he's a head above the majority of active writers right now.

Cartesian Doubt
I've yet to find one sophisticated comics reader who has come up with a good argument for why Morrison isn't a good writer. Personal preferences aside his style is both inventive and original and he's a head above the majority of active writers right now.

Here, Here !!!!!

Even literary gods such a Moore and Miller have had their flops.

I for one have enjoyed all the trades from Morisson's batman run. I don't know about this whole "getting the character" cos I've never read that much Batman. I loved how he was portrayed during Morisson's J.L.A. and I love what he's doing with him now. Once in a while charavcters have to be taken in a new direction, or they run the danger of becoming over repetitive and sterile. Sure this may not be as spectacular a re-invigoration as Robinson's Starman, Bendis's Daredevil, Brubakers Captain AMmerica, Johns J.S.A., buts it still substantially more readable than a lot of the crap being published. I've always preferred Superman, and many of the other J.L.A. super powered characters over Batman, (Infact I wouldn't be reading batman if it wasn't for Morisson) but his character devlopment and storylines are ahell of a lot more sophistivcated than any of the other members books. Im always re-searching what epic stuff is happening to the likes of Supes, G.L. and Flash, but their books are of a different kind. They satisfy the Lord of the Rings, Doctor Who and Dragon Ball Z part of my psyche - were as Batman, satisfies the part that loves Man on Fire, Bourne Identity, Blade Runner and James Bond. Its not the same kind of fiction. There both forms of escapism, but they are work on differnt levels; There's having one too many drinks at the pub, and then there's tripping on ACID at hippy festival listening to Sigur Ross.

Alpha Centauri
Moore has had flops? I'm curious as to what they are.

People just need to calm down with the Morrison hate, in all seriousness. We at least agree that Morrison is brilliant, Cart. That's something we have in common.

It's strange how people preach tolerance, yet they prowl this forum ready to make a derogatory comment about writers and characters. They'll make madly agitated comments, but then when you ask them where the hate comes from, they get all sensitive and deny everything.

If you don't hate Grant Morrison, then aggressively talking about how crappy he is and how much of a hack he is probably isn't the best course of action. I suppose me and you probably agree there, Cart?

-AC

Cartesian Doubt
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

If you don't hate Grant Morrison, then aggressively talking about how crappy he is and how much of a hack he is probably isn't the best course of action. I suppose me and you probably agree there, Cart?

-AC

Indeed, nicely put.

The whole overly aggressive "YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO ****ING DISAGREE WITH ME COS THAT PISSES ME OFF, AND THE FORUM FORBIDS THAT" stance, is really getting boring as well as ludicrously retarded.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt
Here, Here !!!!!

Even literary gods such a Moore and Miller have had their flops.

I for one have enjoyed all the trades from Morisson's batman run. I don't know about this whole "getting the character" cos I've never read that much Batman. I loved how he was portrayed during Morisson's J.L.A. and I love what he's doing with him now. Once in a while charavcters have to be taken in a new direction, or they run the danger of becoming over repetitive and sterile. Sure this may not be as spectacular a re-invigoration as Robinson's Starman, Bendis's Daredevil, Brubakers Captain AMmerica, Johns J.S.A., buts it still substantially more readable than a lot of the crap being published. I've always preferred Superman, and many of the other J.L.A. super powered characters over Batman, (Infact I wouldn't be reading batman if it wasn't for Morisson) but his character devlopment and storylines are ahell of a lot more sophistivcated than any of the other members books. Im always re-searching what epic stuff is happening to the likes of Supes, G.L. and Flash, but their books are of a different kind. They satisfy the Lord of the Rings, Doctor Who and Dragon Ball Z part of my psyche - were as Batman, satisfies the part that loves Man on Fire, Bourne Identity, Blade Runner and James Bond. Its not the same kind of fiction. There both forms of escapism, but they are work on differnt levels; There's having one too many drinks at the pub, and then there's tripping on ACID at hippy festival listening to Sigur Ross.
If anyone doesn't "get" Batman its Frank Miller. He once "got" Batman but he lost it of late and IMO Morrison took the Bat-Mantle from him.

People just need to calm down with the Morrison hate, in all seriousness. We at least agree that Morrison is brilliant, Cart. That's something we have in common.

It's strange how people preach tolerance, yet they prowl this forum ready to make a derogatory comment about writers and characters. They'll make madly agitated comments, but then when you ask them where the hate comes from, they get all sensitive and deny everything.

-AC
One could argue practically everything Moore has written in the last decade has been a flop, at least compared to what he used to write.

Cartesian Doubt

-AC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Girls

Omega Vision
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Girls
Its not his fault he's gone completely crazy and thinks he's a sorcerer and that its the comics companies' faults that he can't find work anymore. stick out tongue

Cartesian Doubt
If anyone doesn't "get" Batman its Frank Miller. He once "got" Batman but he lost it of late and IMO Morrison took the Bat-Mantle from him.

One could argue practically everything Moore has written in the last decade has been a flop, at least compared to what he used to write.

I was quite enjoying, the All star batman story.

But I do like new takes on characters. As long as they are inventively executed.

This idea of writers not getting characters, is a strange dogmatism, re-invention happens all the time. Imagine if characters were still written as they were during the 50's and 60's. The comic book industry wouldn't exist. Nostalgia is a powerful cause of Credulity, and intolerance, especially in the Aesthetic realm, and unfortunately in the moral social realms also.

WickedDynamite
Personal preferences aside his style is both inventive and original and he's a head above the majority of active writers right now.

Pure Pretentious and bordline fanboism.

Cartesian Doubt
Its not his fault he's gone completely crazy and thinks he's a sorcerer and that its the comics companies' faults that he can't find work anymore. stick out tongue

He is a bit of a window-licker, as well as very stubborn, and defiant. Although most genius's are

Cartesian Doubt
Pure Pretentious and bordline fanboism.

I can't think of a MORE pretentious act, than accusing someone, on a comic book forum of being a fan boy, and believing it to be a relevant and cutting criticism.

Omega Vision
He is a bit of a window-licker, as well as very stubborn, and defiant. Although most genius's are
Yes but there's a line, I think. Neil Gaiman is as good (if not better) a writer and not nearly as crazy...yet. I really hope Morrison doesn't lose his mind like Moore and Miller have.
I can't think of a MORE pretentious act, than accusing someone, on a comic book forum of being a fan boy, and believing it to be a relevant and cutting criticism.
QFT

Cartesian Doubt
I really hope Morrison doesn't lose his mind like Moore and Miller have.

I think he's more mental than any of them .... but far more likeable. I dont say that about many Scots.

QFT

What does that mean ?

WickedDynamite

Good! You keep thinking that!

But whoever agrees with this blank statement:

"he's a head above the majority of active writers right now"

It's simply borderline fanboyish in my book.

Cartesian Doubt

Criticizing a fellow member on this forum of fanboyism, is equivalent to one KKK member, accusing another of being racist.

So "your book" is riddled with more contradictions than Alice in Wonderland.

WickedDynamite
Criticizing a fellow member on this forum of fanboyism, is equivalent to one KKK member, accusing another of being racist.

So "your book" is riddled with more contradictions than Alice in Wonderland.

Are you done with Ad hominems or are you going to address the quote?

Question: Do you agree with the statement?

Cartesian Doubt
Are you done with Ad hominems or are you going to address the quote?

Question: Do you agree with the statement?

Yes ... How u values this opinion, with your Idiosyncratic beliefs is not important or relevant to me.

WickedDynamite
Yes ... How u values this opinion, with your Idiosyncratic beliefs is not important or relevant to me.

I don't value opinions...I value facts.

If my beliefs are not important to you...why have you been coming at me about my beliefs on Morrison?

Fact is...you do care.

Thank you.

I believe this conversation is finish.

Omega Vision

"Quoted for Truth"

Cartesian Doubt
I don't value opinions...I value facts.

If my beliefs are not important to you...why have you been coming at me about my beliefs on Morrison?

Fact is...you do care.

Thank you.

I believe this conversation is finish.

Yeah ... u keep looking for those FACTUAL, subjective opinions. I think they can be found somewhere near the end of the rainbow???

WickedDynamite
It seems like you didn't read the part where it said "conversation is finish"

You're going from over analyze to desperate.

ANYWAYS....on the topic of Grant Morrison.

It seems Batman and Robin has been a step in the right path. However, it's been pretty obvious that both Didio and Morrison are just going out of their ways with the direction of Batman.

Since they can't re-invent nor change the myth they're doing the same gimmicks that was done in the 50s. Which was to throw Batman in some bizzare adventure. Thanks to the writers of the 70s The Caped Crusader went back to his Detective roots of the late 30s. Now, this trend continue all the way to the 80s, 90s, and it fade in the last decade.

However, a good route was provided by two very well appreciated writers such as Darwyn Cooke and Paul Dini. These two gentleman help keep the track of investigative Batman going. But of course Didio does not care about that route. He cares more about taking Batman in some acid trip journey bull crap...and with the help of Morrison....it happens.

A thief and a liar get along fine.

Cartesian Doubt
It seems like you didn't read the part where it said "conversation is finish"

Isn't it "Conversation is finished" or am I going mad, again ? Has the whole world started speaking English with new punctuation ?

WickedDynamite
Isn't it "Conversation is finished" or am I going mad, again ? Has the whole world started speaking English with new punctuation ?

Hello?! We're on topic!

Morrison....Great or Idiot?!

Le Topik!

Cartesian Doubt
Hello?! We're on topic!

Morrison....Great or Idiot?!

Le Topik!

Thats isn't actually the topic of the thread .... confused

WickedDynamite
Thats isn't actually the topic of the thread .... confused

relevant to topic...
roll eyes (sarcastic)

What's in the past is PAST!

Morrison and Batman

in

Alpha Centauri
To think, I'm getting called a f*ggot and a douche, and reported for smiley face PMs, while people behave in THAT manner.

Oh well.

Morrison is the man, he's head and shoulders above so many other writers and that's not fanboyism. It's a concisely stated opinion. I refuse to be called a fanboy for that, especially by someone who would probably model DC lingerie (Insert smiley face to indicate that the previous remark was meant as humour with truthful basis).

I can't wait to read this story.

-AC

Cartesian Doubt
To think, I'm getting called a f*ggot and a douche, and reported for smiley face PMs, while people behave in THAT manner.

Oh well.

Morrison is the man, he's head and shoulders above so many other writers and that's not fanboyism. It's a concisely stated opinion. I refuse to be called a fanboy for that, especially by someone who would probably model DC lingerie (Insert smiley face to indicate that the previous remark was meant as humour with truthful basis).

-AC

I hope u're not implying I've called u a ****** or a douche? I Tend to throw insults that have a little weight.

Omega Vision
I hope u're not implying I've called u a ****** or a douche? I Tend to throw insults that have a little weight.
he's referring to the flack he got over recent...incidents.

Doctor-Alvis
As you should. Emoticons are for jerks. And grampas. I think you know it.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y186/zanpanzer/skwisgaar280.jpg

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis

Nice Metalocalypse reference. Pfft. Grandpa's emoticons.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis

I'm not a jerk, I am...how you say...way more gooders den you.

Also, Morrison is way more gooders den most writers.

-AC

Badabing
Maybe you'd like to add poopy face to that list? uhuh

biscuits

I don't know much about the writers. But it seems that I tend to enjoy Grant Morrison and Geoff Johns.

Also, I like Greg Pak. I am a huge Hulk fan.

Take that WD! ohno

durhulk

stick out tongue

WickedDynamite
OH NOEZ HE DIDNTz!

*snap-snap* @ Bada!

Morrison should be kick out DC and sent to Marvel to write crap like The Hulk or Onslaughter..

Yeah!

(pokes Bada more)

Pokes Bada more!

Haha!

Badabing
laughing out loud

Symmetric Chaos

Oh well.

-AC

I agree to an extent. Thing is his best work comes when he is either working with his own characters or is in his own little section of the setting. Morrison's style just doesn't work in some generas and it meshes quite painfully with things that then get handed over to someone else or have to exist along side other writers.

Cartesian Doubt
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I agree to an extent. Thing is his best work comes when he is either working with his own characters or is in his own little section of the setting. Morrison's style just doesn't work in some generas and it meshes quite painfully with things that then get handed over to someone else or have to exist along side other writers.

I think his mainstream work is a lot superior to his own work. Invisible s is just an inferior Ketamin induced form of Planetary, IMO.

Please don't provide a list of properties that distinguishes Planetary from the Invisible's ... I'm not a Moron who has to be told to look both ways when crossing the road, or to wash my hands after going to the toilet. I can see that the pieces are not synonymous, but they do share a variety of similarities.

xJLxKing
Ghost Rider meet Batman(Cowboy)
http://comicsmedia.ign.com/comics/image/article/107/1074539/batman-the-return-of-bruce-wayne-20100305114554491.jpg

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Ghost Rider meet Batman(Cowboy)
http://comicsmedia.ign.com/comics/image/article/107/1074539/batman-the-return-of-bruce-wayne-20100305114554491.jpg

That is ok, the best one is the final issue

willRules
It's too early for Bruce to come back.....I'm not gay but I'll shout out that I want Dick if I have to......

-Pr-
dick is better as nightwing, imo.

-Pr-
http://www.lilformers.com/comics/2010-02-09.jpg

Entity
dick is better as nightwing, imo. Wow we actually agree on something.

I am suprised by how much I like him as Bats under the new Batman and Robin arch but he's jus better as Nightwing. I really wish they'd had him try to carry on the mantle and legacy as Nightwing n Robin and jus saw where that went and how it worked and was accepted until Bruce gets Bat to the Future! stick out tongue

BlackZero30x
Im excited for this purely because i want Bruce Wayne back...from what i have seen of dick as the bat....well he just does not click...he doesn't have what it takes imo...he should just stay his own hero

Badabing
http://www.lilformers.com/comics/2010-02-09.jpg Oh, you wanna play this game huh? I'll make sure to attack the Superman forum with all types of scans. sneer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.