Ninjitsu vs Kung fu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

valtiz
alright this is a fight between kung fu fighters and ninjas , representing the kung fu fighters we got shang chi and iron fist and now representing the ninja fighters we got daredevil and batman they fight in couple scenarios

scenario 1: hand 2 hand only without chi amping for iron fist and shang chi

scenario 2:hand 2 hand only but iron fist and shang chi can use chi amping

scenario 3: both iron fist and shang chi use chi amping and batman and daredevil get to use there standard weapons

rotiart
I'll go with Kung Fu in both scenarios... It is their speciality after all

ColossusGrundy
ninjitsu is for stealth assassins. These guys came in to people's houses during the day and scouted out a way to sneak in and kill someone in their sleep later. It is not the dynamite fighting style hollywood says it is.

Kung Fu >>>>>>>>>>>>> Ninjitsu for hand-to-hand.

KingD19
Yeah, Batman and DD aren't ninjas, they're martial artists, but it's kind of messed up to give Shang and Danny they're amping, they're already beastly without it.

thanos-prime
Originally posted by KingD19
Yeah, Batman and DD aren't ninjas, they're martial artists, but it's kind of messed up to give Shang and Danny they're amping, they're already beastly without it. Daredevil is a ninja he was trained by a ninja order and now runs a ninja clan.

FrothByte
ninjas are way cooler, but DD and batman lose in this until scenario 3 where they get weapons.

jalek moye
Originally posted by FrothByte
ninjas are way cooler, but DD and batman lose in this until scenario 3 where they get weapons.
then they still lose

thanos-prime
Scenario:
1=ninjitsu
2= kung-fu
3=ninjitsu

redhotrash
Batman and DD are good, but Iron Fist is just godly. Shang Chi is no joke either, and given a set of nunchucks I'd think he'd embarass DD. And no, batman's standard equipment doesnt include of acid vials, tear gas, controls to a orbital laser, a shetland pony, mjolnir, a miniature hedron partical collider, AND a I-Pod touch. Just the basics he keeps in his utility belt, which still wouldnt help him here.

jasofisc
Originally posted by redhotrash
Batman and DD are good, but Iron Fist is just godly. Shang Chi is no joke either, and given a set of nunchucks I'd think he'd embarass DD. And no, batman's standard equipment doesnt include of acid vials, tear gas, controls to a orbital laser, a shetland pony, mjolnir, a miniature hedron partical collider, AND a I-Pod touch. Just the basics he keeps in his utility belt, which still wouldnt help him here.

big grin your post almost made me die laughing. (the batman part)

redhotrash
Its true, some people here seem to think he carries something around to counter everyone. Tony Stark has a entire suit to carry weapons, but somehow hes never as prepared as a guy with a belt. Hell DeadPool has more storage space on his costume..

jasofisc
Originally posted by valtiz
alright this is a fight between kung fu fighters and ninjas , representing the kung fu fighters we got shang chi and iron fist and now representing the ninja fighters we got daredevil and batman they fight in couple scenarios

scenario 1: hand 2 hand only without chi amping for iron fist and shang chi

scenario 2:hand 2 hand only but iron fist and shang chi can use chi amping

scenario 3: both iron fist and shang chi use chi amping and batman and daredevil get to use there standard weapons

why didn't you have two sets of marvel or two sets of dc anyway 1:bm, DD, 2. iron fist and shang chi 3. going with shang chi iron fist but barley

redhotrash
You really think Shang and Iron fist will lose the first one? Honestly I can see Danny almost soloing this, or at least giving them massive trouble.

jasofisc
You really think Shang and Iron fist will lose the first one? Honestly I can see Danny almost soloing this, or at least giving them massive trouble.
maybe i misunderstood but don't DD and BM get their equipment while iron fist and shang chi don't even get chi amping.

redhotrash
looks like pure h2h, though I may be wrong.

valtiz
i think people here doest give batman and daredevil enough credit , both fighters can give the other team a good fight not to mention the bullcrap some people say that iron fist can solo this

valtiz
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
ninjitsu is for stealth assassins. These guys came in to people's houses during the day and scouted out a way to sneak in and kill someone in their sleep later. It is not the dynamite fighting style hollywood says it is.

if you are talking about the real life styles then kung fu is useless and no i am not one of those retarded fat UFC fanboys that think brazilian jiu jitsu is the shit but seriously kung fu doesnt have any power in it and the moves are not effective enough its more for showings , ninjitsu is the art of the assassin its focusing on the art of war in general its the use of weapons, speed, stealth and of course hand 2 hand fight but in ninjitsu they focus more on never pressure point attacks and limb breaking and bone breaking, of course i wouldnt say that ninjitsu is the most effective fighting style but in my book it beats kung fu

Mindset
if you are talking about the real life styles then kung fu You don't know enough about Kung Fu.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanshou

Mshinu
Ninjutsu is the Japanese art.

Ninjitsu is an american invention by Frank Dux, a somewhat... questionable induvidual.

At least get the spelling right wink

valtiz
Originally posted by Mindset
You don't know enough about Kung Fu.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanshou

you are going to cross me based on wikipedia? i am a kung fu practitioner myself i learned muay thai, shotokan karate, kung fu both classic and modern so i didnt even read the crap you posted as soon as i saw "wikipedia" , when you are going to argue with someone you better bring some experience and not some website because you are too fat and lazy to practice it yourself

valtiz
Originally posted by Mshinu

Ninjitsu is an american invention by Frank Dux, a somewhat... questionable induvidual.

thats the difference between me and you, maybe i dont know how to spell it correctly but i got experience in the world of martial arts while you only got your spelling so have fun with spelling the word "victory" because all you can do is spell it while other people taste it wink

Mshinu
thats the difference between me and you, maybe i dont know how to spell it correctly but i got experience in the world of martial arts while you only got your spelling so have fun with spelling the word "victory" because all you can do is spell it while other people taste it wink

Yeah, well I am sure you are quite the master. Why do you think I have no training in the arts anyway?

redhotrash
Neither is a legitimate fighting sport anyway.

Mindset
you are going to cross me based on wikipedia? i am a kung fu practitioner myself i learned muay thai, shotokan karate, kung fu both classic and modern so i didnt even read the crap you posted as soon as i saw "wikipedia" , when you are going to argue with someone you better bring some experience and not some website because you are too fat and lazy to practice it yourself Well, to be someone who evidently has extensive knowledge in MA, I'm surprised you are unaware of Sanshou.

Lol, nice ad hominem to distract from the fact that you didn't know about the combat sport side of Kung Fu.

Btw, I don't study traditional MA, I do Krav Maga. smile

redhotrash
I love people who attend McDojo's at their local mini-malls run by a guy who basically created his own certificates on his PC. Dont get me wrong, that nonsense is cool to enroll your kids as a afterschool program or a daycare alternative, but look around the web and you'll see tons of videos of these "black belts" getting stomped out by kids wearing pants 5 sizes too large and no formal training at all.

Mshinu
I never quite understood the McDojo thing.. it is simpler to just buy a black belt at the store for five bucks and print your own diploma if you don`t want to put any effort in it. Guess it must be functioning as some kind of support group for the lazy wannabe video game bad guy type of person.

redhotrash
Its for people to lie to themselves basically. They assume by going to a class thats basically glorified pilates, that they are more credible than just buying a belt. Regardless, karate, kung fu, and its offshoots are typically ineffective. I think everyone at some point in their life knew a kid in school who went to these classes and got trounced.

jalek moye
Iron Fist solos on 2 and 3

Mshinu
Well.. in this age of McDojoism and selling out I agree that most places teach watered down versions of the arts. For people who want to really train the most important thing is to find a good teacher. It doesen`t matter so much which art, sure they are different but they all build upon the same principles. Tae Kwon Do is an example of an art that has been horribly comercialized but you can still find old style dojangs that teach the real stuff.

Mindset
Its for people to lie to themselves basically. They assume by going to a class thats basically glorified pilates, that they are more credible than just buying a belt. Regardless, karate, kung fu, and its offshoots are typically ineffective. I think everyone at some point in their life knew a kid in school who went to these classes and got trounced. The arts themselves are not ineffective, it is the schools and teachers that water them down.

If you think Karate is ineffective look up Lyoto Machida, if you think Kung Fu(Sanda, Sanshou) is look up Cung le.

redhotrash
Lyoto isnt primarily a karate practitioner. You have no pure martial artists in mma anymore because they cant stand on their own in those sorts of competitions. Regardless of their roots, they almost all get boxing and wrestling or jujitsu experience. Watch the early days of UFC and such and you'll see the sport before it evolved. I stand by my stance on them being ineffective.

Mindset
Lyoto isnt primarily a karate practitioner. Ugh, yes, he is. erm

Placidity
The arts themselves are not ineffective, it is the schools and teachers that water them down.

If you think Karate is ineffective look up Lyoto Machida, if you think Kung Fu(Sanda, Sanshou) is look up Cung le.

Just looked up Cung Le, very impressive.

jasofisc

seriously like the dude jean clud van dam was portraying in blood sport.

redhotrash
No, Lyoto isnt. Hes a mixed martial artists. Hes crossed trained, you almost have to cross train now.

Mindset
No, Lyoto isnt. Hes a mixed martial artists. Hes crossed trained, you almost have to cross train now. And he primarily uses karate.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Have you even seen his fights?

redhotrash
LOL, Ive been watching Lyoto since K-1, back when everyone said he was boring and didnt give him a 2nd look. Hell people said that in UFC until he destroyed Rashad. Kind of shown a light on UFC fans for being the hypocritial parasites they are. Also, you have a very arrogant attitude about these things. Believe it or not you arent the first/only person to get on board with these things. Granted most people are posers, but to assume they all are is setting yourself up for failure.

Mindset
LOL, Ive been watching Lyoto since K-1, back when everyone said he was boring and didnt give him a 2nd look. Hell people said that in UFC until he destroyed Rashad. Kind of shown a light on UFC fans for being the hypocritial parasites they are. Also, you have a very arrogant attitude about these things. Believe it or not you arent the first/only person to get on board with these things. Granted most people are posers, but to assume they all are is setting yourself up for failure. Yes, I'm well aware I'm not the first, but you are the first person I've ever seen say Lyoto's primary MA isn't Karate, including Lyoto himself. erm

redhotrash
He uses jujitsu just as much as his karate, if not more. Only recently has he really been winning based on strikes. Also to be fair Lyoto isnt really the dominate fighter hes sometimes made out to be. Lot of decision wins, including a HIGHLY questionable one against a guy who's best years are behind him.

Mindset
So when he's standing up striking he's using bjj?

We are obviously talking about his striking, which is primarily, if not only karate. Even if we include all aspects of his fighting he uses karate more.

Anyway, my point was that karate is an effective art, and the fact that Lyoto has won fights due to striking proves that.

Naija boy
Lyoto is primarily a standup fighter. He has like only two submission victories in his whole career. Most of his wins come from him outpointing his opponents while standing and getting decisions. Karate is without a doubt his primary fighting style though he does incorporate muay thai, BJJ,sumo etc.

The traditional martial arts arent in themselves ineffective in the sense that a properly trained person in one of them is likely to beat up a regular joe with no training. ITs in the MMA world where cross training is now the norm that they can no longer stand alone.

redhotrash
Well, we somewhat agree to a extent. Against your average untrained joe, yeah, it should in theory give you an edge. My thought is a great pure karate practitioner shouldnt beat a averate mma fighter.

FrothByte
just look at machida's stand up fighting... and you can see it's not just karate. hell, look at his punches. those are more boxing/muay thai punches. not the near-the-waist reverse fist karate punch style.

lol at anyone judging mma fighters by their primary ma only. no one in mma is a "karate" man or a "sanshou" fighter or a "boxer" anymore. they are Mixed Martial artists. cung le isn't sanshou anymore. he may have started in kung fu, but the cung le we know now is a mixed martial artist, not just a sanshou expert. so judging just how effective sanshou is by judging how effective cung le is is a joke... coz however good cung le is, it's credit due to his mixed martial arts stats.

until i've actually seen a karate/kung fu/taekwondo expert dominate in a street fight, i will continue to doubt their effectiveness.

Mindset
Well, we somewhat agree to a extent. Against your average untrained joe, yeah, it should in theory give you an edge. My thought is a great pure karate practitioner shouldnt beat a averate mma fighter. Oh, ok.

I was never saying that, though.

Mindset
Btw, here's Cung Le in a sanshou match

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWjh4HTiDBk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWjh4HTiDBk

redhotrash
lol, we got very side tracked here, probably my fault. Iron Fist and Shang still take this home.

snyper1982
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy

Which IRL is a pretty crappy fighting stlye IMO. I would take a wrestler over a traditional martial arts fighter any day.

snyper1982
The arts themselves are not ineffective, it is the schools and teachers that water them down.

Yeah, Machida is a great fighter, but he Cross-Trains. Just like every other top fighter... Otherwise he would get stomped on the ground like all of the other guys who only train in a single area. Why do you think we don't see Gracie fighting anymore. A cornbread okie beat the hell out him, and if gracie had any sense would have gotten beaten with his own style, but he had to much pride to tap...

snyper1982
He uses jujitsu just as much as his karate, if not more. Only recently has he really been winning based on strikes. Also to be fair Lyoto isnt really the dominate fighter hes sometimes made out to be. Lot of decision wins, including a HIGHLY questionable one against a guy who's best years are behind him.
You talking about Ortiz? Machida won that fight pretty convincingly IMHO.

valtiz
Originally posted by snyper1982
You talking about Ortiz? Machida won that fight pretty convincingly IMHO.

he is talking about mauricio shogun

i notice how most of you here think that the style got actually something to do with the fighting... well in some way it does but the thing is not what moves you know the thing is not if you deliver a karate punch or boxing punch or muay thai punch the key is the power behind that punch, if a person train himself to be faster stronger work on his reflex stamina and everything around it then it doesnt matter if its a karate or boxing or muay thai punch because its the power behind it, now of course technique is important but in almost every style you can find a good technique to increase your striking power you just have to train yourself to that point

i sayed earlier that kung fu isnt effective now let me explain myself properly, the potential of a kung fu fighter is individual if the kung fu fighter train himself with kung fu but also work on his basic aspects such as power speed and stamina he will be great regardless if its kung fu or something else but the thing is that in traditional kung fu the fighters didnt work much on there power and durability they focus the training more around energy chi speed and stamina but durability and strength is something the training lack, even bruce lee himself who started from wing chun said that any mediocre boxer will be able to beat a kung fu fighter and he said in his own words that kung fu masters are lazy and dont train there body enough thats why there durability is so low and they get knocked out very easily

now i hear in many webs and forums that martial artists get wracked in street fights so let me explain, first of all whats a martial artist in your eyes? take for example a guy that eats pizza all day long watch tv playing his PS3 or XBOX360 and then 3 times a week at best he is taking some 1 hour karate class and telling everyone he trains karate so do you consider this guy a martial artist? those people are delusional because they are not martial artists but they think they are and when they fight they think they know something when they actually dont so they lose, a well trained martial artist doesnt matter karate or boxing or muay thai or tae kuan do will just wreck any street fighter not because of the pretty moves but because of the power,stamina,reflex,durability,speed they develop during the training, most fighters are the guys you dont even know are training in something because they dont like to talk about it they are not cocky or a show off like most of the "karate kids" in your class they just minding there own business

Mindset
Yeah, Machida is a great fighter, but he Cross-Trains. Just like every other top fighter... Otherwise he would get stomped on the ground like all of the other guys who only train in a single area. Why do you think we don't see Gracie fighting anymore. A cornbread okie beat the hell out him, and if gracie had any sense would have gotten beaten with his own style, but he had to much pride to tap... We were talking about striking.

Btw, Matt said he was dominating Royce because of his wrestling, although he did almost armbar him, which you are talking about.

Mshinu
those people are delusional because they are not martial artists but they think they are and when they fight they think they know something when they actually dont so they lose, a well trained martial artist doesnt matter karate or boxing or muay thai or tae kuan do will just wreck any street fighter not because of the pretty moves but because of the power,stamina,reflex,durability,speed they develop during the training

You are a bit off. While physical conditioning is important you will find that the vast majority of time spent training with a good instructor focuses on technique. Skill alows you to react faster, think ahead, strike harder and faster and waste less energy.

Anyway what you say about lazy people is true too, the average "martial artist" spends just over 2hrs in the dojo each week and does next to no training at home. The vast majority of people who try the arts also quit within a year or two at most. In a McDojo this is of course time enough to get a black belt with a side order of fries. laughing out loud

snyper1982
he is talking about mauricio shogun

i notice how most of you here think that the style got actually something to do with the fighting... well in some way it does but the thing is not what moves you know the thing is not if you deliver a karate punch or boxing punch or muay thai punch the key is the power behind that punch, if a person train himself to be faster stronger work on his reflex stamina and everything around it then it doesnt matter if its a karate or boxing or muay thai punch because its the power behind it, now of course technique is important but in almost every style you can find a good technique to increase your striking power you just have to train yourself to that point

i sayed earlier that kung fu isnt effective now let me explain myself properly, the potential of a kung fu fighter is individual if the kung fu fighter train himself with kung fu but also work on his basic aspects such as power speed and stamina he will be great regardless if its kung fu or something else but the thing is that in traditional kung fu the fighters didnt work much on there power and durability they focus the training more around energy chi speed and stamina but durability and strength is something the training lack, even bruce lee himself who started from wing chun said that any mediocre boxer will be able to beat a kung fu fighter and he said in his own words that kung fu masters are lazy and dont train there body enough thats why there durability is so low and they get knocked out very easily

now i hear in many webs and forums that martial artists get wracked in street fights so let me explain, first of all whats a martial artist in your eyes? take for example a guy that eats pizza all day long watch tv playing his PS3 or XBOX360 and then 3 times a week at best he is taking some 1 hour karate class and telling everyone he trains karate so do you consider this guy a martial artist? those people are delusional because they are not martial artists but they think they are and when they fight they think they know something when they actually dont so they lose, a well trained martial artist doesnt matter karate or boxing or muay thai or tae kuan do will just wreck any street fighter not because of the pretty moves but because of the power,stamina,reflex,durability,speed they develop during the training, most fighters are the guys you dont even know are training in something because they dont like to talk about it they are not cocky or a show off like most of the "karate kids" in your class they just minding there own business

I haven't gotten a chance to watch that fight yet. Rua can be a great fighter, but he is just like Belfort, inconsistent(well at least as of late he is).

What I have read that Bruce Lee said was that someone who trained boxing and wrestling for a year could beat any master of traditional martial arts. I have not seen the actual quote though...Now regarding someone who Trains wrecking a street fight I don't know how much water that holds. I guess it mostly depends on the street fighter in question. Some people are just naturally good at fighting, even without training... I personally have never seen a person trained in a martial art, and I am talking real training not the people you describe, do all that well in street fighting, because martial arts just don't go over all that well when they get taken to the ground, which is EXACTLY what you see in the earlier UFC's. People with kung fu and karate training were routinely beaten by mediocre wrestler and brawlers.... Because most fights end up on the ground.

snyper1982
We were talking about striking.

Btw, Matt said he was dominating Royce because of his wrestling, although he did almost armbar him, which you are talking about.

My point was that someone who cross trains holds a vast tactical advantage over someone who doesn't which is why MOST fights where someone who cross trains goes up against someone who doesn't end with the person cross training getting the W. All the top fighters cross train, period. Their base is not as important as the cross training. With that being said though, I will repeat from my earlier post, I would take a pure wreslter over a pure martial artist every time, as it has consistently shown to be a superior technique in a no holds bared fight.

valtiz
I haven't gotten a chance to watch that fight yet. Rua can be a great fighter, but he is just like Belfort, inconsistent(well at least as of late he is).

What I have read that Bruce Lee said was that someone who trained boxing and wrestling for a year could beat any master of traditional martial arts. I have not seen the actual quote though...Now regarding someone who Trains wrecking a street fight I don't know how much water that holds. I guess it mostly depends on the street fighter in question. Some people are just naturally good at fighting, even without training... I personally have never seen a person trained in a martial art, and I am talking real training not the people you describe, do all that well in street fighting, because martial arts just don't go over all that well when they get taken to the ground, which is EXACTLY what you see in the earlier UFC's. People with kung fu and karate training were routinely beaten by mediocre wrestler and brawlers.... Because most fights end up on the ground.

and this is where the skills part enter... not no offence or anything but if you never saw those so called "martial artists" win a single street fight then i guess they arent much of a fighters in the first place and if you seen them doing pretty flashy moves it doesnt mean they are martial artists it just means they know acrobatics because a real martial artist is known not because of fleshy pretty moves but because of his skills ands if they get beat up that means they arent fighters and they didnt dedicate enough time to actually learn how to fight and this is the problem today with people who do martial arts they focus to much on having a 6 pack and doing back flips like jackie chan then actually learn how to fight

now my point is simple... if you as a martial artist train in karate or boxing or what ever style it doesnt matter but you train yourself to the art of movement, the art of power and self control, if a person will learn karate properly and he will train he will achieve a better speed, better reflex, better stamina durability and striking force then the average street fighter and when he fights your average bully he will just beat him up because the bully wont be even able to take him down, now i really dont want to sound or look cocky but me and my 2 friends are muay thai fighters and we were in a fight where we took down 7 people with very easy because we moved much faster then them and it took 1 strike to take them down and myself personally when someone was trying to take me down i was fast enough to knee him in the chin and ko him those are the basics of any martial artist the speed reflex and power to take out any ordinary person from the street and i am nothing special just a typical martial art practitioner

Blanket
Styles vs styles get brought up when it's really about Batdevil vs Iron Chi. heh?

SamZED
Originally posted by jasofisc
seriously like the dude jean clud van dam was portraying in blood sport. Yeah that's the guy. He says he's an awesome fighter and proves it with the movie. :/

Mshinu
Originally posted by SamZED
Yeah that's the guy. He says he's an awesome fighter and proves it with the movie. :/

Yup, according to Dux the movie is a true story

The secret underground MA trounaments are just another myth.

valtiz
actually there are a lot of underground tournaments across the world and you will be amazed and surprised how many of them are there, in countries like Thailand and china there are even competitions where you can kill the opponent and i am serious because when its underground no one gives a crap hell even in bruce lee times there were underground fighting and this is where he fought the most he even once came home injured from one , ever since human kind rise people always wanted to see other fight to the death back then there were gladiators, knights tournaments and today since its illegal we got underground fighting

Mshinu
actually there are a lot of underground tournaments across the world and you will be amazed and surprised how many of them are there, in countries like Thailand and china there are even competitions where you can kill the opponent and i am serious because when its underground no one gives a crap hell even in bruce lee times there were underground fighting and this is where he fought the most he even once came home injured from one , ever since human kind rise people always wanted to see other fight to the death back then there were gladiators, knights tournaments and today since its illegal we got underground fighting

You have read too many comics...

valtiz
You have read too many comics...

when someone is sharing some information with you dont be so close minded try to actually open your mind and learn something instead of sticking to your basic knowledge... life is far more then your average Internet life you know hell we live in times where people born to slavery and getting killed just for fun but just because you know nothing about it doesnt mean someone else is a fool when he is trying to teach you something

Mindset
My point was that someone who cross trains holds a vast tactical advantage over someone who doesn't which is why MOST fights where someone who cross trains goes up against someone who doesn't end with the person cross training getting the W. All the top fighters cross train, period. Their base is not as important as the cross training. With that being said though, I will repeat from my earlier post, I would take a pure wreslter over a pure martial artist every time, as it has consistently shown to be a superior technique in a no holds bared fight. Your point is irrelevant to what was being discussed.

Machida is primarily a striker, and his primary MA is karate.

Mshinu
when someone is sharing some information with you dont be so close minded try to actually open your mind and learn something instead of sticking to your basic knowledge... life is far more then your average Internet life you know hell we live in times where people born to slavery and getting killed just for fun but just because you know nothing about it doesnt mean someone else is a fool when he is trying to teach you something

Very well then, provide me some proof of these underground tournaments where contestants are killed in every other match.

iceman24567
and this is where the skills part enter... not no offence or anything but if you never saw those so called "martial artists" win a single street fight then i guess they arent much of a fighters in the first place and if you seen them doing pretty flashy moves it doesnt mean they are martial artists it just means they know acrobatics because a real martial artist is known not because of fleshy pretty moves but because of his skills ands if they get beat up that means they arent fighters and they didnt dedicate enough time to actually learn how to fight and this is the problem today with people who do martial arts they focus to much on having a 6 pack and doing back flips like jackie chan then actually learn how to fight

now my point is simple... if you as a martial artist train in karate or boxing or what ever style it doesnt matter but you train yourself to the art of movement, the art of power and self control, if a person will learn karate properly and he will train he will achieve a better speed, better reflex, better stamina durability and striking force then the average street fighter and when he fights your average bully he will just beat him up because the bully wont be even able to take him down, now i really dont want to sound or look cocky but me and my 2 friends are muay thai fighters and we were in a fight where we took down 7 people with very easy because we moved much faster then them and it took 1 strike to take them down and myself personally when someone was trying to take me down i was fast enough to knee him in the chin and ko him those are the basics of any martial artist the speed reflex and power to take out any ordinary person from the street and i am nothing special just a typical martial art practitioner What the f**k? shut up

Naija boy
Very well then, provide me some proof of these underground tournaments where contestants are killed in every other match.

My buddy and I actually participated in one yesterday. We both train Shaolin kung fu and we easily defeated ten other fighters at the same time because we moved much faster them and oneshotted them all. cool

iceman24567
Originally posted by Naija boy
My buddy and I actually participated in one yesterday. We both train Shaolin kung fu and we easily defeated ten other fighters at the same time because we moved much faster them and oneshotted them all. cool Ah thumb up

Mshinu
Originally posted by Naija boy
My buddy and I actually participated in one yesterday. We both train Shaolin kung fu and we easily defeated ten other fighters at the same time because we moved much faster them and oneshotted them all. cool

Impressive. I am sure you could have shrugged of any blows with your "durability training" too. Btw did you have to register your hands as deadly weapons?

iceman24567
Not just his hands his feet and head are deadly too erm

Mshinu
Originally posted by iceman24567
Not just his hands his feet and head are deadly too erm

Goes without saying. I had to register my nuts after I mastered the obscure style of Iron Balls. I can knock out two Ninjas at once with my teabag of death move.

iceman24567
Goes without saying. I had to register my nuts after I mastered the obscure style of Iron Balls. laughing

Mindset
What the f**k? shut up lol

redhotrash
I was in a secret tournament once, I channeled ice through my hands and froze the guy, was awesome. Yeah Valitz earned a lot of street cred in my book by telling people on a comicbook forum how he won a 7 vs 2 fight.... against new york city sewer alligators.

FrothByte
I think the reason why kung fu, karate, taekwondo, etc. are ineffective in a street fight is that they use too many forms when they train.

Like: Block up, punch, side step, front kick, block low.... well you get the picture.

and in a real fight where everything is spontaneous, you don't really have that much time to perform these steps.

now what makes other ma's like boxing, kickboxing, wrestling, eskrima, krav maga, etc. more effective in street fighting is that all their forms are fitted for practicality. they don't have too many forms, and most of the movements are fluid and fast. you don't do form A, pause, Form B, pause, punch A, pause ... well you get the picture.

then compare it to something like boxing, where you do fluid combos, weave in weave out, combos, duck dodge.... well hope you guys get the picture.

Mindset
How about I box your face in.

Mshinu
I think the reason why kung fu, karate, taekwondo, etc. are ineffective in a street fight is that they use too many forms when they train.

Like: Block up, punch, side step, front kick, block low.... well you get the picture.

and in a real fight where everything is spontaneous, you don't really have that much time to perform these steps.

now what makes other ma's like boxing, kickboxing, wrestling, eskrima, krav maga, etc. more effective in street fighting is that all their forms are fitted for practicality. they don't have too many forms, and most of the movements are fluid and fast. you don't do form A, pause, Form B, pause, punch A, pause ... well you get the picture.

then compare it to something like boxing, where you do fluid combos, weave in weave out, combos, duck dodge.... well hope you guys get the picture.

Yes. You`re a clueless moron.

FrothByte
You're an idiot for speaking without analyzing. I actually know what i'm talking about.

FrothByte
How about I box your face in.

wow, really brave of you.

Face Inc.
Back on topic . Jujitsu for the win. stick out tongue

redhotrash
Typical karate instructor here in the states:
"Ok, Im going to show you how to throw a assailant. Here, grab my arm, no the other arm, no with your other arm, ok, now let me sweep my leg back there, wait, yeah there. Ok, now lean into me. No, just lean into me, dont ask why just do it. Ok, now Im going to flip you. Stop resisting. BAM. There, thats how you do it"

iceman24567

then compare it to something like boxing, where you do fluid combos, weave in weave out, combos, duck dodge.... well hope you guys get the picture. I disagree roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mindset
wow, really brave of you. I agree.

valtiz
What the f**k? shut up

smokin' i was never talking i am just typing

valtiz
Originally posted by Face Inc.
Back on topic . Jujitsu for the win. stick out tongue

jujitsu is an overated crap that bought the fat and lazy UFC fans that sit there ass at home and think BJJ is god himself

iceman24567
smokin' i was never talking i am just typing Well your fingers need to be smashed by hammers made of jagged rocks smokin'

iceman24567
jujitsu is an overated crap that bought the fat and lazy UFC fans that sit there ass at home and think BJJ is god himself Jujitsu is one of the most fluid arts out there top of the food chain wtf are smoking?

valtiz
Well your fingers need to be smashed by hammers made of jagged rocks smokin'

you cant do it because i practice the iron fingers style biatch smokin'

valtiz
Jujitsu is one of the most fluid arts out there top of the food chain wtf are smoking?

laughing seriously stop

valtiz
when will people realize that there isnt such thing as the best form of fighting its all about the fighter ... but people today are too braiwashed they are walking like zombies saying "muay thai and bjj" "muay thai and bjj" i guess that why gracie lost so much against wrestlers and sambo fighters roll eyes (sarcastic)

iceman24567
laughing seriously stop You claim to know something about martial arts but you don't laughing . Laugh at the many samurai during the feudal ages that were flipping armored dudes around then neutralizing them in seconds laughing yeah funny no expression

valtiz
You claim to know something about martial arts but you don't laughing . Laugh at the many samurai during the feudal ages that were flipping armored dudes around then neutralizing them in seconds laughing yeah funny no expression

wtf does any of this have to do with bjj?

iceman24567
wtf does any of this have to do with bjj? He said he liked Jujitsu then you started ragging on Jujitsu. Jujitsu >>> Brazilian JiuJitsu

valtiz
the many samurai during the feudal ages that were flipping armored dudes around then neutralizing them in seconds no expression

first of all it got nothing to do with bjj, second of all if something then fighting many people is more effective with more of a stand up fighting like boxing and muay thai because bjj isnt effective at all against more then 1 opponent, samurai fighters back then used aikido and basic bone breaking methods that were in ninjitsu thats all but if they tried to grapple in the middle of a sword fight with someone they would lose there arms and legs because grappling is the dumbest thing to do when fighting someone with a cold weapon or more then 1 person

valtiz
He said he liked Jujitsu then you started ragging on Jujitsu. Jujitsu >>> Brazilian JiuJitsu

oh then my mistake i thought he was talking about brazilian jiu jitsu for some reason laughing out loud

iceman24567
first of all it got nothing to do with bjj, second of all if something then fighting many people is more effective with more of a stand up fighting like boxing and muay thai because bjj isnt effective at all against more then 1 opponent, samurai fighters back then used aikido and basic bone breaking methods that were in ninjitsu thats all but if they tried to grapple in the middle of a sword fight with someone they would lose there arms and legs because grappling is the dumbest thing to do when fighting someone with a cold weapon or more then 1 person You have no clue what you are talking about a samurai would kick your ass laughing

valtiz
You have no clue what you are talking about a samurai would kick your ass laughing

actually i do have a clue what i am talking about and a samurai without his sword wouldnt be too much to handle since they knew back then aikido and basic bone breaking moves they didnt have any solid defence or a formed technique of fighting they relayed on the sword and once they lost it.... they could only beat some "kung fu drunkie" but not a solid fighter

iceman24567
actually i do have a clue what i am talking about and a samurai without his sword wouldnt be too much to handle since they knew back then aikido and basic bone breaking moves they didnt have any solid defence or a formed technique of fighting they relayed on the sword and once they lost it.... they could only beat some "kung fu drunkie" but not a solid fighter Aikido is a defensive style erm.

valtiz
its you who doesnt know crap and think samurai back then were some kind of dragon ball z fighters flipping beating anyone around them, a samurai could do it back then to foriegen soldiers who didnt knew any fighting but putting a samurai against someone today who train in martial arts? a 16 year old could beat a samurai

JakeTheBank
its you who doesnt know crap and think samurai back then were some kind of dragon ball z fighters flipping beating anyone around them, a samurai could do it back then to foriegen soldiers who didnt knew any fighting but putting a samurai against someone today who train in martial arts? a 16 year old could beat a samurai

erm

valtiz
Aikido is a defensive style erm.

and again you show that you know nothing you just embarrass yourself, aikido got nothing to do with defence its channelling and using your enemy movement and energy against him but its not defence at all, now me and anyone who knows something about martial arts can understand you dont know anything you just argue because you like it

JakeTheBank
Well if the style focuses on counters, controlling the oppenent without causing harm, and is considered to be "harmonious", I think that qualifies as a defensive style.

iceman24567
and again you show that you know nothing you just embarrass yourself, aikido got nothing to do with defence its channelling and using your enemy movement and energy against him but its not defence at all, now me and anyone who knows something about martial arts can understand you dont know anything you just argue because you like it So Aikido isn't a defensive martial art? eek!

valtiz
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Well if the style focuses on counters, controlling the oppenent without causing harm, and is considered to be "harmonious", I think that qualifies as a defensive style.

you think but your opinion isnt valid here because there are formed definitions and any person who train and know martial arts will tell you that aikido is not a defencive style this is a mistake many people make, it doesnt have blocking or avoiding moves all it has is flaw moves that continue the move of your enemy its not a defence form of fighting

valtiz
So Aikido isn't a defensive martial art? eek!

what a moron laughing out loud

valtiz
listen ... any form of fighting if defencive because it helps you to defend yourself, what i am talking about is that the defence in aikido isnt one to ever recodnize with because its very weak and its based on flawing moves that continue the moves of your enemy which means it cant be even considered as a solid defence , in boxing i can use blocking moves and block my face and body right? in aikido if the enemy attacks too fast you wont be able to do the aikido moves, if 2 enemies attack you at once you cant do crap it only looks nice in practice thats it

JakeTheBank
you think but your opinion isnt valid here because there are formed definitions and any person who train and know martial arts will tell you that aikido is not a defencive style this is a mistake many people make, it doesnt have blocking or avoiding moves all it has is flaw moves that continue the move of your enemy its not a defence form of fighting

erm

Aikido is all about protecting yourself and your opponent at the same time, man. You do the bare minimum to restrain him/her with out hurting them and focuses on counters and using your opponent's moves against them. That screams "defense".

iceman24567
Wrong Aikido is a defensive martial art. The fact that you don't know that is mind bobbling

valtiz
you both are talking bullcrap and you fail to even explain yourself, as i said any form of fighting is defencive because it meant to "defend" but as a defence its very poor and weak its like saying thai chi is offencive form of fighting because you got some moves there that you can use as an attack but thai chi isnt even focusing on fighting the same thing with aikido you cant call it a defence because its not focusing around a good defence and as i said before... in boxing i block my face my body and its a block its defence, i have avoiding moves thats defence... in aikido there isnt such thing you dont have any defence moves or stance you just use the flawing moves to continue your opponent moves and thats not defence thats using a fork to stub someone

iceman24567
Whether it is weak or not Aikido is a defensive martial art it screams defense i really don't care for it after seeing a couple classes but it was obvious to me that it was defensive period.

JakeTheBank
you both are talking bullcrap and you fail to even explain yourself, as i said any form of fighting is defencive because it meant to "defend" but as a defence its very poor and weak its like saying thai chi is offencive form of fighting because you got some moves there that you can use as an attack but thai chi isnt even focusing on fighting the same thing with aikido you cant call it a defence because its not focusing around a good defence and as i said before... in boxing i block my face my body and its a block its defence, i have avoiding moves thats defence... in aikido there isnt such thing you dont have any defence moves or stance you just use the flawing moves to continue your opponent moves and thats not defence thats using a fork to stub someone

Is this real?

Any form of fighting could be considered self-defense , which is completely different from being considered "defensive". Whether or not you believe it to be a good form of defense is irrelevant because at its core, Aikido is a defensive style. I don't know how to break it down to you any more than that. If you attack me, and I use Aikido, it's me being on the defensive, doing the bare minimum to stop you without hurting you. The whole philisophy behind it is based on peace and balance, even extending to your attacker.

It's pretty simple to me.

valtiz
Whether it is weak or not Aikido is a defensive martial art it screams defense i really don't care for it after seeing a couple classes but it was obvious to me that it was defensive period.

you just fail to understand what i am saying .... in tearms of martial arts a defencive technique is a technique where you got blocking moves that can defend your body and wont leave it open to attacks, the moves in aikido were never meant to do that they were meant to become one with the movement of the other person thats not defence thats something else that people are trying to use as a defence but its not and it doesnt work

iceman24567

Is this real?

Any form of fighting could be considered self-defense , which is completely different from being considered "defensive". Whether or not you believe it to be a good form of defense is irrelevant because at its core, Aikido is a defensive style. I don't know how to break it down to you any more than that. If you attack me, and I use Aikido, it's me being on the defensive, doing the bare minimum to stop you without hurting you. The whole philisophy behind it is based on peace and balance, even extending to your attacker.

It's pretty simple to me. thumb up because this guy does Muay Thai he thinks he's some martial arts know it all laughing

valtiz
thumb up because this guy does Muay Thai he thinks he's some martial arts know it all laughing

i already posted you an answer you can learn from it or act like the averege computer idiot and try to make fun

as i said before thats you own definition hell i can tell you that i consider thai chi an offencive form because there are moves that can be used to attack it doesnt mean crap, the definition to defencive form of fighting is a technique that can protect your body and wont leave it open which means no matter what happens but if i make a defence stance and block it will be blocking and wont leave me open ... how i use it or how fast is another thing already but if i do the technique right it will help but in aikido its something else at all its moves that were never meant to defend you in thefirst place its moves that were meant to create INTERACTION AND FLAW WITH OTHER MOVES AND PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO USE IT AS A DEFENCE BUT FAIL THATS WHY IT CANT BE CONSIDERED AS DEFENCIVE FORM OF FIGHTING BECAUSE IT FAILS TO DEFEND YOU , its like saying dancing is a technique of defence because i can use dancing moves to avoid the opponent

redhotrash
lol, Iceman, theres no reasoning with him. He just said Akido is about using the other guy's attacks and momentum against them, yet its not a defensive art? That doest even make sense. Its impressive how much credibility 1 person can lose in a single paragraph, but Valitz has possibly set the record. He got warmed up with his "I beat up 7 guys" nonsense then really hit the home run with all the idiocy afterwards. I love this guy, I really do.

JakeTheBank
i already posted you an answer you can learn from it or act like the averege computer idiot and try to make fun

as i said before thats you own definition hell i can tell you that i consider thai chi an offencive form because there are moves that can be used to attack it doesnt mean crap, the definition to defencive form of fighting is a technique that can protect your body and wont leave it open which means no matter what happens but if i make a defence stance and block it will be blocking and wont leave me open ... how i use it or how fast is another thing already but if i do the technique right it will help but in aikido its something else at all its moves that were never meant to defend you in thefirst place its moves that were meant to create INTERACTION AND FLAW WITH OTHER MOVES AND PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO USE IT AS A DEFENCE BUT FAIL THATS WHY IT CANT BE CONSIDERED AS DEFENCIVE FORM OF FIGHTING BECAUSE IT FAILS TO DEFEND YOU , its like saying dancing is a technique of defence because i can use dancing moves to avoid the opponent

no

How can you say Aikido wasn't made to defend you? The whole style is about using grapples, holds, and throws, to deflect incoming attacks. Whether or not you agree with Aikido being useful or good at all is your opinion, but to say it's not even considered a defensive style is just asinine.

iceman24567
lol, Iceman, theres no reasoning with him. He just said Akido is about using the other guy's attacks and momentum against them, yet its not a defensive art? That doest even make sense. Its impressive how much credibility 1 person can lose in a single paragraph, but Valitz has possibly set the record. He got warmed up with his "I beat up 7 guys" nonsense then really hit the home run with all the idiocy afterwards. I love this guy, I really do. Thank you thumb up. Now back on topic.

valtiz
Akido is about using the other guy's attacks and momentum against them

so if we judge by your own words then its more of offencive form right? because if i use some kind of move not to defend but to actually cause the other person some kind of damage and use it against him then its offencive already so if we go by personal definitions then its more of an offencive form then defencive right? dumbass

i never said i beat up 7 guys i said me and 2 of my friends which means how much? 3 right? i think you need to do some math classes and fast if you did 1+2 = 1 you are screwed

instead of talking trash trytowrite something usefull ac tually rather then the old trash talk and if you think 3 guys who are trained in fighting cant beat 7 junkie idiots then i guess you are the averege kid who gets bullied around thinking you cant beat anyone or you are the averege white kid in new york street that gets beat up by 2-3 people every morning

Mindset
lol at you noobs

valtiz has studied every martial art in existence

don't ever try to correct him

redhotrash
Guy should quite KMC and stick to buying Tap Out shirts on Amazon and watching Fedor fights on youtube so he can pretend to have mma credibility.

JakeTheBank
you are the averege white kid in new york street that gets beat up by 2-3 people every morning

laughing

That actually made me laugh.

valtiz
no

The whole style is about using grapples, holds, and throws

thats the dumbest thing you could post about aikido right now you lost any credibility and showed you know nothing because there isnt a single grapple or throw move in aikido its just about continue your own moves against you and this is where you fall and prove you are making things out of your ass

-Pr-
on topic, please, guys.

JakeTheBank
thats the dumbest thing you could post about aikido right now you lost any credibility and showed you know nothing because there isnt a single grapple or throw move in aikido its just about continue your own moves against you and this is where you fall and prove you are making things out of your ass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aicHsMC6rxM&feature=related

no expression

Mindset
I once saw valtiz kill a water buffalo with his muay thai

Mindset
IF and Shang win all scenarios.

redhotrash
lol, How exactly are you going to offensively use someone's momentum against them? Do you have TK powers? Think before you talk, stop before its said.
And yes, its theoretically possible for 3 trained guys to beat 7 untrained, just unlikely, and not you. Why you ask? Because you are very much full of it.

valtiz
I should quite KMC and stick to buying Tap Out shirts on Amazon and watching Fedor fights on youtube so I can pretend to have mma credibility.

that explains your ignorance in this discussion wink

JakeTheBank
IF and Shang win all scenarios.

redhotrash
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aicHsMC6rxM&feature=related

no expression

Hmm, looks like a lot of throwing, which cant be true since Valitz said there isnt a single throw in Akido.... this guy clearly doesnt know true Akido...

valtiz
do you consider shang chi and iron fist to be so much above batman and daredevil?

Mindset
I consider them to be far enough above to take all three scenarios.

JakeTheBank
do you consider shang chi and iron fist to be so much above batman and daredevil?

In pure H2H, yes.

valtiz
if you call the moves in that video throwing moves then non of you ever practice a throwing technique in his life, greek wrestling got throwing moves,muay thai got throwing clintches,judo got throwing moves, throwing moves is when you throw your opponent off the ground those are not throwing moves thats using his opponent momentum and make him fall down but not actually throwing him you need to learn what throwing is

jalek moye
Yes

redhotrash
Dig deeper, you can still go down a little further.

valtiz
here is an example for throwing move

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdXPAZWupfI

valtiz
alright lets get back to thetopic if someone wants to discuss about martial arts with me we can do it in the PM messeges but right now lets get back to the topic which i opened in the first place Lol

snyper1982

now my point is simple... if you as a martial artist train in karate or boxing or what ever style it doesnt matter but you train yourself to the art of movement, the art of power and self control, if a person will learn karate properly and he will train he will achieve a better speed, better reflex, better stamina durability and striking force then the average street fighter and when he fights your average bully he will just beat him up because the bully wont be even able to take him down, now i really dont want to sound or look cocky but me and my 2 friends are muay thai fighters and we were in a fight where we took down 7 people with very easy because we moved much faster then them and it took 1 strike to take them down and myself personally when someone was trying to take me down i was fast enough to knee him in the chin and ko him those are the basics of any martial artist the speed reflex and power to take out any ordinary person from the street and i am nothing special just a typical martial art practitioner

Muay Thai is probably the most versatlie stand up fighing style around. It also sounds like you 3 were fighting a bunch of morons if he couldn't even get close enough to clinch, instead of putting his head at waist level where it is in a perfect position to get kneed. I am not saying that all martial arts are retarded or anything. Obviously if someone has some sort of training, he has an advantage, but when people get into fights, they almost always end up on the ground. You were obviously smart enough to keep the fight standing where you had the advantage, had you and your friends been fighting someone who knew how to do a takedown, it might have turned out a little differently... Anyways, I am not against MA in general, I just think cross training is more important that any single MA in and of itself.

snyper1982
Your point is irrelevant to what was being discussed.

Machida is primarily a striker, and his primary MA is karate.

And? If he didn't cross train do you still think he would be the same fighter? Hell no. None of the fighters use a sinigle style anymore. Georges St. Pierre's main style is karate too, but he hardly ever shows it, because it isn't all that effective out there. He uses more wrestling and BJJ than he does karate.

Mindset
My god...

facepalm

snyper1982
jujitsu is an overated crap that bought the fat and lazy UFC fans that sit there ass at home and think BJJ is god himself

BJJ is great for submissions, but that is about it. Judo is a more well rounded style though, as it teaches some sick throws, as well as some good submissions.

snyper1982
first of all it got nothing to do with bjj, second of all if something then fighting many people is more effective with more of a stand up fighting like boxing and muay thai because bjj isnt effective at all against more then 1 opponent, samurai fighters back then used aikido and basic bone breaking methods that were in ninjitsu thats all but if they tried to grapple in the middle of a sword fight with someone they would lose there arms and legs because grappling is the dumbest thing to do when fighting someone with a cold weapon or more then 1 person

In general the most effective method for fighting someone who has a weapon, is running like a *itch... Depending on the weapon of course. smile

valtiz
thats what daredevil will do to them

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.