Which color ring?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan007
Red = Rage
Orange = Avarice
Yellow = Fear
Green = Will
Blue = Hope
Indigo = Compassion
Violet = Love
Black = Death
White = ALL lights of emotion (sans the Black)

So taking into account your personal 'demeanor', if you could only choose one color ring to wield... Which would it be, and why?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Galan007
Red = Rage
Orange = Avarice
Yellow = Fear
Green = Will
Blue = Hope
Indigo = Compassion
Violet = Love
Black = Death
White = ALL lights of emotion (sans the Black)

So taking into account your personal 'demeanor', if you could only choose one color ring to wield... Which would it be, and why?

Realistically for myself, I'd probably get the Blue ring. I'm told I'm pretty optimistic by friends and family, and it seems to be the most logical choice for me out of the other colors.

Newjak
I'd probably get a green, blue, or indigo ring

Galan007
Originally posted by Newjak
I'd probably get a green, blue, or indigo ring green seems like it'd be the easiest color ring for the average joe to control, because it isn't literally powered by a specific emotion. a generalized will to accomplish a given task is all you really need to use one.

Blair Wind
I'd probably get a green, blue, or indigo ring

I disagree. I think you would get a red one. All that built up rage comes out when you get a little intoxicated, right? stick out tongue

Personally, I'd get green or blue. While human beings go through a full range of emotions fairly constantly, I feel like I come back to those two color schemes and what they stand for most often.

Endless Mike
green seems like it'd be the easiest color ring for the average joe to control, because it isn't literally powered by a specific emotion. a generalized will to accomplish a given task is all you really need to use one.

But Green Arrow could barely make an arrow with it

Newjak
green seems like it'd be the easiest color ring for the average joe to control, because it isn't literally powered by a specific emotion. a generalized will to accomplish a given task is all you really need to use one. Yeah that was my thoughts

Originally posted by Blair Wind
I disagree. I think you would get a red one. All that built up rage comes out when you get a little intoxicated, right? stick out tongue

Personally, I'd get green or blue. While human beings go through a full range of emotions fairly constantly, I feel like I come back to those two color schemes and what they stand for most often. Ok so we'll definitely go red for a drunken newjak stick out tongue

Blair Wind

Galan007
^ thumb up

Denny Crane
Originally posted by Endless Mike
But Green Arrow could barely make an arrow with it

Thats cause the rings don't work for hippies.

Damn Commie

BlackZero30x
I would want to get a red,orange or yellow but im not all that greedy or raged filled, and i normally don't try to scare people soo if were going by what i could use id pick Green...although if it was what i wanted then this would be the order i would choose in

1. Red
2. Orange
3. Yellow
4. Green

Denny Crane
If I pick green do I get acess to the knowledge database at Oa?

Cause whiile i am greedy i also aim high

TheKahn
I'd go with the Orange/Avarice that way I could get them all shifty

Digi
There's a reason I already dressed as Alan Scott one year for Halloween. For me, there's really no choice to be made. Especially because, while I enjoy the idea of the spectrum of colors in their respective Corps, I'm just not an angry or greedy dude who could get into Yellow/Orange/Red, and the others quite frankly seem too flowery. Compassion?! Hope?! Bah!

roughrider
Do all the rest form constructs, or just the Green & Yellow ones?

Badabing
I'd probably get a green, blue, or indigo ring Damn you and your hippy-ness. sneer

Originally posted by TheKahn
I'd go with the Orange/Avarice that way I could get them all shifty laughing out loud

I'd most likely be getting a Red or Yellow ring. embarrasment

Kris Blaze
We're not supposed to choose based on what we want, but rather what we identify ourselves in. Like whow I'd like a green ring, but I don't have much willpower. I'm more of a greed guy.

Bouboumaster
Blue or Indigo

-Pr-
Blue or Red.

Badabing
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
We're not supposed to choose based on what we want, but rather what we identify ourselves in. Like whow I'd like a green ring, but I don't have much willpower. I'm more of a greed guy. I know. I would most likely be chosen by a Red or Yellow ring.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Badabing
I know. I would most likely be chosen by a Red or Yellow ring. You instilling fear in others laughing

Badabing
Originally posted by iceman24567
You instilling fear in others laughing Originally posted by Board Walker
9. badabing - the mod of cruelty

If you only knew...biscuits

iceman24567
laughing

-Pr-
We're not supposed to choose based on what we want, but rather what we identify ourselves in. Like whow I'd like a green ring, but I don't have much willpower. I'm more of a greed guy.

Red or Blue for me, then.

Martian_mind
You'd all get violet.

Queers

Scythe
Red, because in a given day, I say: fffffffffuuuuuuuuu- or FML more than eight times.

But unrealistically speaking........... BLACK LIKE MY HEARTTTTTT!!!

outavodka
Green but im not that much of a nice person so yellows more a fit

TheKahn
Originally posted by Martian_mind
You'd all get violet.

Queers

mad

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/pics/images/i/i_just_like_rainbows-6217.jpg

Blanket
Indigo or Violet

Entity
I'd almost definitely end up with yellow or red. I'd want green or yellow but really donno if I'd have what it takes to push it as it needed. But as for fear I love scaring the shit outta people and can only imagine all the kinds of ways I'd make people I deemed "bad" crap themselves with a ring like that.

As for red. It takes allot to get me pissed. I suppress ALLOT of those emotions and deny them completely but when someone does manage to push me past that point, all that bottled up rage explodes exponentially!

When i get to that point I tend to really wanna make whoever got me there to really pay n suffer for ****ing with me! mad

Batman-Prime
Yellow, Indigo or Green, the rest except violet (sometimes) are meaningless. uhuh

basilisk
I would be really hoping for a green ring to come and find me, so I'd be sought out by a blue ring. But I'd be pretty pissed off and angry with that because it's kind of useless on it's own, so then I would be chosen by a red ring. Once I had a red ring people would really be afraid of me and what I can do, so with my ability to instill fear I would be sought out by a yellow ring. By now I'm getting kind of greedy - now that I've got three I want the whole set - so the next one that chooses me is an orange ring. By this time I'm powerful enought to beat the crap out of a Green Lantern and just take his damn ring. I decide the indigo and violet rings would look a bit gay and don't bother with them.

Kero_Co
I'd get violet

but I want red...

Perhaps I can pull a spaceage D&D alignment and be Chaotic Compassion for both, so I can puke blood and speak in a mysterious language AT THE SAME TIME!

TheKahn
Originally posted by Kero_Co
I'd get violet

but I want red...

Perhaps I can pull a spaceage D&D alignment and be Chaotic Compassion for both, so I can puke blood and speak in a mysterious language AT THE SAME TIME!

=

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0903/give-a-hoot-puking-uniorn-puke-mythological-cryptozoology-demotivational-poster-1238180437.jpg

xJLxKing
Blue
I always hope I get higher then a 50 on my test. It works stick out tongue it goes up to 65 big grin

Doctor-Alvis
I'd probably get green. Like Digi, I'm not a very angry or greedy person and I have a low capacity for all those other colors. I'm usually pretty objective and stable. At least when I'm being serious.

The only problem, and I don't know if this has changed for Green Lanterns, except for the Sinentro/Green Lantern Corps war, is the inability to kill. Sometimes the most logical option is to pop a cap.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
I'd probably get green. Like Digi, I'm not a very angry or greedy person and I have a low capacity for all those other colors. I'm usually pretty objective and stable. At least when I'm being serious.

The only problem, and I don't know if this has changed for Green Lanterns, except for the Sinentro/Green Lantern Corps war, is the inability to kill. Sometimes the most logical option is to pop a cap.
You say that and then you have a lawn-full of scared shitless misc. items sad

Nihilist
Red or Yellow

iceman24567
Originally posted by Scythe
Red, because in a given day, I say: fffffffffuuuuuuuuu- or FML more than eight times.

laughing

manjaro
Green or Yellow for me..cuz they are the coolest. they are the only ones ive seen making awesome constructs..everybody esle is just mostly shooting energy..oh and my imagination is boundless....even by GL standards

Doctor-Alvis
You say that and then you have a lawn-full of scared shitless misc. items sad
Things don't have emotions.

Also, when I saw that shiny, razor sharp chunk of whatever that putter is made out of fly out of the side of the mower it was super awesome.

Galan007
Originally posted by -Pr-
Red or Blue for me, then. rage or hope? schizo, much? ermmnone

Originally posted by outavodka
Green but im not that much of a nice person so yellows more a fit remember: you don't have to be 'nice' to utilize a green ring.

Denny Crane
Use? are you kidding me, the money I could make by selling that thing on the black market. I could retire.

Galan007
Originally posted by Denny Crane
Use? are you kidding me, the money I could make by selling that thing on the black market. I could retire. = the post of an orange ring type of fella. smart

but more on point: the money you could make utilizing your ring's actual power would be astronomically greater than if you just sold it to the highest bidder.

-Pr-
rage or hope? schizo, much? ermmnone

don't judge me. uhuh

Galan007
Originally posted by -Pr-
don't judge me. uhuh be honest, you only went with red/blue rings because they match superman's color scheme. amirite? sly

-Pr-
be honest, you only went with red/blue rings because they match superman's color scheme. amirite? sly

actually no, funnily enough...

Digi
So I wore my GL ring while doing chores today. It...helped.

Galan007
^ on your finger, i hope. none

Kris Blaze
^ on your finger, i hope. none
Digi was having fun, and you took us to a very dark place :/

Galan007
Digi was having fun, and you took us to a very dark place :/ if there were 'burst my bubble' rings, you'd get you for sure. pfft

john allerdyce
Red, Green, Blue, Orange for me. I personally believe a Red ring would be almost as easy to control as a Green ring for the everyday person. Embrace the dark side, as it were. stick out tongue

Digi
Digi was having fun, and you took us to a very dark place :/

^

Galan007
Originally posted by john allerdyce
Red, Green, Blue, Orange for me. I personally believe a Red ring would be almost as easy to control as a Green ring for the everyday person. Embrace the dark side, as it were. stick out tongue well i suppose if you were an inherently angry person, embracing that side of yourself (full-time) would allow you to use the ring quite well - so good point there. however, i personally don't fancy the idea of constantly hacking up acidic blood... but to each his own.

Philosophía
Blue and Indigo with Green when needed be.

Juntai
I got all but the black one ! sad sad

Philosophía
You're a real life Superboy Prime. shifty

Galan007
Originally posted by Juntai
I got all but the black one ! sad sad ebay is a wonderful place. wink

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by Digi

Did you overcome great messes?

Digi
Did you overcome great messes?

It made it fun more than anything, because I had a constant reminder that I did possess the willpower to complete them quickly and efficiently, rather than moping along with the chores and taking hours. No luck on creating constructs to deal with it for me, though. Alas!

I'm thinking there might be other amusing applications as well. I want to wear one while I play video games soon and see the reaction to my psyche.

Bentley
Green ring easily, because I rock and I can do whatever I want with my will power.

TheKahn

Digi at Blockbuster...

http://www.comixconnection.com/uploaded_images/[email protected]

wink

Digi
Digi at Blockbuster...

wink

You should've just hopped over to my profile. There's actual pics of me in a GL costume there. And as Alan, not his B-list descendants.

TheKahn
You should've just hopped over to my profile. There's actual pics of me in a GL costume there. And as Alan, not his B-list descendants.

blink Sweet Jesus. How many badass sigs does one person need, Digi?

Doctor-Alvis
That Thor personal ad is awesome.

Digi
That Thor personal ad is awesome.

wink

I think it's still up on Match.com. I should really go check to see if I've had any hits. I doubt I can remember my password at this point, though.

{edit} just realized I don't actually have GL pics up there. Just Doctor and Thor. They're floating around the forums somewhere though...

Galan007
wink

I think it's still up on Match.com. I should really go check to see if I've had any hits. see? you give fat nerdy girls hope. the quality of a blue ringer, that is.

salute

-Pr-
Digi at Blockbuster...

http://www.comixconnection.com/uploaded_images/[email protected]

wink

not my blockbuster, that's for sure.

Blair Wind
green seems like it'd be the easiest color ring for the average joe to control, because it isn't literally powered by a specific emotion. a generalized will to accomplish a given task is all you really need to use one.

You know, I'll have to disagree here. I'm not sure if anyone else has really noticed but the ring's are being powered by a specific emotion (or at least emotion relative to the other emotions in the spectrum such as hope, which is not really an emotion either).

However, instead of defining it as an emotion, because green lanterns have always been based on the idea of will power, they simply changed the definition of will power. The fact of the matter is that "the ability to overcome great fear" is better summed up as courage. In addition, this courage/willpower definition is based on being able to overcome another specific emotion in the spectrum, a nuance none of the other corps have. Just found that interesting.

Doctor-Alvis
The fact of the matter is that "the ability to overcome great fear" is better summed up as courage.
I like to use defiance and spite to overcome my fears.

TheKahn
I like to use defiance and spite to overcome my fears.

Alcohol is faster. drunk

Galan007
You know, I'll have to disagree here. I'm not sure if anyone else has really noticed but the ring's are being powered by a specific emotion (or at least emotion relative to the other emotions in the spectrum such as hope, which is not really an emotion either).

However, instead of defining it as an emotion, because green lanterns have always been based on the idea of will power, they simply changed the definition of will power. The fact of the matter is that "the ability to overcome great fear" is better summed up as courage. In addition, this courage/willpower definition is based on being able to overcome another specific emotion in the spectrum, a nuance none of the other corps have. Just found that interesting. very true. after all, johns had to 'revamp' green to be some type of emotion - and courage seems to fit quite well.

thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.