Characters who should get ongoings

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JakeTheBank
Obviously there are plenty of characters who warrent having a ongoing series about them, but if you could choose two characters to star in a brand new monthly series, who would they be and why? Feel free to add who you would like to have write/illustrate, too!

#1: Captain Marvel/Shazam Ongoing: DC has done nothing noteworthy with the Marvels for a few years now. Freddy is the new Shazam and has done...what exactly? The recent Black Adam arc in JSA gives me hope that perhaps DC will relaunch the PoS series with Billy Batson as the primary character. It's cool to hear about Morrison taking on a Shazam project, but I'd much rather see it take place in New Earth continuity rather than some multiverse stuff. A Geoff Johns/Alex Ross combo would be amazing, IMO.

#2: Deathstroke: Having recently purchased the full run of Deathstroke the Terminator (annuals included), I've been hooked. It kinda sucks to see a very morally complex and challenged anti-hero get reverted to a typical villain in DC, but hey, them's the breaks. If Wolfman ever did a Deathstroke series or even a limited run on it, I'd be happy.

Kazenji
The Thing- Deserves another ongoing series

thats about it i can think of.

Warlord
sentry.

It is Marvel's only hope to actually write him as what they promote him to be

Blanket
Mr Terrible

WickedDynamite
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Obviously there are plenty of characters who warrent having a ongoing series about them, but if you could choose two characters to star in a brand new monthly series, who would they be and why? Feel free to add who you would like to have write/illustrate, too!

#1: Captain Marvel/Shazam Ongoing: DC has done nothing noteworthy with the Marvels for a few years now. Freddy is the new Shazam and has done...what exactly? The recent Black Adam arc in JSA gives me hope that perhaps DC will relaunch the PoS series with Billy Batson as the primary character. It's cool to hear about Morrison taking on a Shazam project, but I'd much rather see it take place in New Earth continuity rather than some multiverse stuff. A Geoff Johns/Alex Ross combo would be amazing, IMO.

#2: Deathstroke: Having recently purchased the full run of Deathstroke the Terminator (annuals included), I've been hooked. It kinda sucks to see a very morally complex and challenged anti-hero get reverted to a typical villain in DC, but hey, them's the breaks. If Wolfman ever did a Deathstroke series or even a limited run on it, I'd be happy.

I'm with you with Deathstroke but I never got the annuals though...

I would say

Black Adam w/ Isis.

and I would very much like DC to either launch an ongoing series for Sgt. Rock or bring back The Losers.

outavodka
Gambit-with whats been going on in his life lately and how his enigmatic life works you know you wana see more of this guy in his own again

Sentry-obvious reasons

Agent Orange-i wana see the greedy f*ck take on more people

all i can think of

The Nuul
Nearly any character that is written properly.

roughrider
At the very least, a Shazam! title where all the main characters - Billy, Freddy, Mary, Adam & the Wizard - share time.

Deathstroke had his title at one time, but he's a difficult character to have sympathy for sometimes. And he's not a loony like Deadpool so we don't get the outrageous funny stuff Wade goes through. You have to have him be dealing with people that make him look good by comparison - that's how Dr. Doom got through his 2099 title.

starlock
Quasar
Shatterstar
Captain Comet
X-man
Ion/Kyle

Philosophía
Captain Marvel.
Richard Dragon.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by starlock
Quasar
Shatterstar
Captain Comet
X-man
Ion/Kyle

I am hoping after Realm of Kings, Quasar will get another ongoing

ankur29
Originally posted by roughrider
At the very least, a Shazam! title where all the main characters - Billy, Freddy, Mary, Adam & the Wizard - share time.

agreed

Newjak
Juggernaut - vast potential

Badabing
Originally posted by Newjak
Juggernaut - vast potential thumb down

Captain Marvel (DC) and Namor.

Nihilist
Galactus

tjcoady
Dr. Strange.

Newjak
Originally posted by Badabing
thumb down

Captain Marvel (DC) and Namor. I see how it is Bada sad

Bentley
Namor without any doubt. He works best with people since he's not likely to have any "rogue" that is half interesting. If not a Series on his own he should be leader of one of the four Avenger teams running around, he deserves to be with the best.

GL Kyle: I think that Kyle should take his own mantle instead of being just the second green lantern. Maybe something really cosmic, or multiversy.

Bonus feature: M.O.D.O.K. eek!

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by tjcoady
Dr. Strange.

Strange might, depending on his mini

Kris Blaze
Surfer should be on top of the list.

After him, maybe it's time Cyclops had another mini?

Badabing
I see how it is Bada sad biscuits

Originally posted by Kris Blaze

After him, maybe it's time Cyclops had another mini? Yeah, Surfer too.

Newjak
biscuits

Yeah, Surfer too. Come on Juggernaut still as a welath of good stories that could stem from him

roughrider
Come on Juggernaut still as a welath of good stories that could stem from him
Well who is his nemesis, when he acts like a good guy?

Because mostly he fights members of the X-Men, Hulk and Thor.

He needs some kind of conflict beyond dealing with Cyttorak in a miniseries.

Badabing
Come on Juggernaut still as a welath of good stories that could stem from him The best stories that Juggy's had the past few years is losing to WWH and Skaar.

badawe

Newjak
Well who is his nemesis, when he acts like a good guy?

Because mostly he fights members of the X-Men, Hulk and Thor.

He needs some kind of conflict beyond dealing with Cyttorak in a miniseries.
I mean there are a number of people Cain could possibly go after, like the Wrecking Crew.

He could go after Rulk.

Secondly the great thing about this is that new characters can be made to deal with Cain.

I just think there is a lot of angles that Cain could work with if written properly.

The best stories that Juggy's had the past few years is losing to WWH and Skaar.

badawe That hurt sad

outavodka
maybe if cain started bringin more to the table...

Martian_mind
Blue Devil. Guys essesntially become the Batman of the magic DCU, make it official.

Jason Todd. Because he's ****ing awesome, that's why.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Kris Blaze

After him, maybe it's time Cyclops had another mini?

I thought this, but then I realised that Surfer fails as an on-going because nobody knows how to write him in any other way than what's established.

Either that or nobody cares to.

There's only so much you can do with someone who's effectively a God in middle ground. On Earth he's too powerful, in Space there are people who dwarf him.

He's much more suited to minis and appearances.

-AC

WickedDynamite
Originally posted by starlock
Quasar
Shatterstar
Captain Comet
X-man
Ion/Kyle

Wasn't there a Quasar series back in the 90s that pretty much everyone ignore?

xJLxKing
Ion, Sinestro, Larfleeze, or any other major Lantern.
Captain Marvel
Phantom Stranger

starlock
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
Wasn't there a Quasar series back in the 90s that pretty much everyone ignore?

Not me..i collected all 70-somthing issues....and to me it still is one of my favorite runs of any comic.....Mark Gruenwald was the man....he did a good run on cap back in the day also....

roughrider
Nick Fury and SHIELD should only get an ongoing if it's a Marvel MAX comic - that would have possibilities. Otherwise, have them be in the background of most Marvel titles.

Bentley

Newjak

JakeTheBank

Kazenji
I would like to see more 'Astonishing' Books

Avengers and a Iron Man book.

HigH ScholaR
Silver Surfer
Imperial Guard
Doctor Strange
Defenders
Zauriel
Champion of the Universe (Chronicling his past years up to now)
Midnight Sun

Kazenji
Nick Fury and SHIELD should only get an ongoing if it's a Marvel MAX comic - that would have possibilities. Otherwise, have them be in the background of most Marvel titles.

Well you got your wish there is a Nick Fury MAX coming.

Bentley
Young Avengers.

Omega Vision
Phantom Stranger

Galan007
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Phantom Stranger Good choice. thumb up

I'd also like to see Simon Dark and Frankenstein get their own ongoing series'. Their minis left me wanting more.

BruceSkywalker
Cassie Cain should get another ongoing

Dr. Fate..

Havok..

Bucky, if he isn't killed off..

Dark Angel should be spun out of the X-Force comic

Bouboumaster
Wolverine
Spider-Man

just jocking.

Surfer
Strange
Blade
Gamora should have at least a mini

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Wolverine
Spider-Man

just jocking.

Surfer
Strange
Blade
Gamora should have at least a mini

surfer should get one after his mini is over..

StiltmanFTW
Shang-Chi...

Iron Fist...

Prep-Man
DC's Frankenstein hard! And CM by GM.

ankur29
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

excellent choice cool

janus77
Daken. The world could do with more Wolverine in it.

-K-M-
Originally posted by janus77

Daken HAS an on-going

Gecko4lif
Genis-vell
Black adam
Black bolt
Fallen one
Luke cage
Etrigan

Bentley
The Outsiders...

Kazenji
Originally posted by janus77

And whats wrong with the two Wolverine books that are out at the moment ?

erm

Newjak
Beta Ray Bill
Gladiator

and I still say Juggernaut should stick out tongue

janus77
Originally posted by -K-M-
Daken HAS an on-going
omg sad

I guess that's the danger with sarcasm.

SamZED
Blade needs one. Badly.

Omega Vision
Martian Manhunter.

Eternity. No really, as it stands the character is already shit, so there's little to lose, but everything to gain. I would love to see someone like Neil Gaiman write a series centered on Eternity. Make him more than just the Cosmic Jobber/Lord of Exposition.

Darkseid. Though I would be careful who I gave this to.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Martian Manhunter. only for cyborg to take over the title in the second page. i wonder if martian mind would dig that

Originally posted by Martian_mind
Hmmm, the JLA picture leads me to believe Jonn is being cut out of the JLA's big 7 in favour of a dirty nig...Cyborg.

So, where should I start my trail of slaughter and despair?

guess not http://i54.tinypic.com/2jazt7a.jpg

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by psycho gundam
only for cyborg to take over the title in the second page. i wonder if martian mind would dig that

guess not http://i54.tinypic.com/2jazt7a.jpg

LOL

BruceSkywalker
DC NEEDS tobring back Jean-Paul Valley as Azrael

SevenShackles
Larfleeze - he is hilarious and packs power, many things could be done with him be it light hearted or dark.
http://geek-news.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/larfleeze3.jpg

Son of Vulcan - was i the only one who liked that mini series? kill some white martians! get involved with miss martian! have some over complicated issues and for gods sake stay interesting! hell throw blue beetle in there and have awkward team ups idk something damnit. hell he has a white martian/zoom hybrid and gang left running around after his mini... what da hell.
http://www.comicbookbin.com/artman2/uploads/1/sonofvulcan005.jpg

Simbon
Originally posted by HigH ScholaR

Champion of the Universe (Chronicling his past years up to now)

I think this is a fantastic idea -- not only would it allow some respect to be restored to champion, but it could be a great vehicle for universe-building, with new characters, locations, artifacts, races, etc popping up in each issue.

Stoic
Hyperion should, as long as they don't cheese it up.

inimalist
Man-Thing, but seriously, give it to some acid-head

StyleTime
The Runaways

Kyle/Yost's lineup on New Xmen.

Nihilist
Galactus, at least to give him some kind of credit back.

Id like it to focus on his role/encounters with the likes of Eternity/Death and the Living Tribunal etc instead of the constant jobbing and involvement with events/earth heroes.

Stoic
Blue Marvel

Starhawk

Gamora

Gladiator

Bentley
The Guardians of the Galaxy. Gamera.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Bentley
The Guardians of the Galaxy. Gamera.

Yes! Just bring the GOTG back. Best comic of 2010-11.

Stand alone? Drax needs feats.

AlmightyKfish
Guardians of the Galaxy should just continue from where it left off pre- Thanos Imperative.

I'd like to see a Tim Drake/Dick Grayson duo book, as there's a lot of fun to be had with that dynamic (Fabien Nicieza had some OYL flashbacks of the two of them in his Robin run, it was pretty cool). Same kinda idea could apply for Steph/Cassie, as it seems unlikely either will gain a solo as Spoiler / Blackbat...

Stoic
Zeus would be a cool book to read. I can see them start out with him being bored of Olympus, and deciding to make a life on Earth.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.