Sodom Yat, Orion, Wonder Woman vs. Silver Surfer, Thor, Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zeuodin
Now, with no weaknesses to Exploit, How would this fight Go?

shokosugi
Sodam Yat solos everyone

supremthor
yat tips the scale in dc favor

Martian_mind
Are you barring the exploitation of weaknesses, or stating that none of these combatants have them?

Cause last i checked, direct exposure to lead still ****s Sodam up.

Batman-Prime
Team 1

Zeuodin
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Are you barring the exploitation of weaknesses, or stating that none of these combatants have them?

Cause last i checked, direct exposure to lead still ****s Sodam up. Last I checked Yat's Ring negates Lead From weakening or Killing him.

Zeuodin
Originally posted by shokosugi
Sodam Yat solos everyone He couldn't even Solo Mongul. He certainly isn't soloing Thor, Sentry and Surfer.

Martian_mind
Originally posted by Zeuodin
Last I checked Yat's Ring negates Lead From weakening or Killing him.

Nope. Direct hits from lead still weaken him, the ring just makes it non-fatal.

Zeuodin
Nope. Direct hits from lead still weaken him, the ring just makes it non-fatal.

he has control over stuff like that now. He can simply turn it into something else or expunge it. Not that Surfer using lead would be any kind of option in a fight. I've never seen Surfer use a weakness in a fight. Why doesn't he do that to Thanos ?

Martian_mind
he has control over stuff like that now. He can simply turn it into something else or expunge it. Not that Surfer using lead would be any kind of option in a fight. I've never seen Surfer use a weakness in a fight. Why doesn't he do that to Thanos ?

IIRC he's only ever shown the ability to transform energy,not matter,and if he could expunge the effects of lead he would not be required to wear his ring at all times to halt the poisoning.

Draining the Hulks energy counts as weakness exploitation. He probably doesn't attempt it on Thanos as Thanos is vastly more powerful then Surfer, and any attempts at Matter/Energy manipulation would be left redundant.

Either way, I'm not stating that the weakness would be used, only that you were incorrect in saying that there are none in this fight.

Zeuodin
IIRC he's only ever shown the ability to transform energy,not matter,and if he could expunge the effects of lead he would not be required to wear his ring at all times to halt the poisoning.

Draining the Hulks energy counts as weakness exploitation. He probably doesn't attempt it on Thanos as Thanos is vastly more powerful then Surfer, and any attempts at Matter/Energy manipulation would be left redundant.

Either way, I'm not stating that the weakness would be used, only that you were incorrect in saying that there are none in this fight. I've yet to see Surfer use this weakness Exploitation in a fight. And draining the Hulks energy is not a weakness. That's more like power reversal. And The hulk is unique in that he trans forms into a weaker being. has Surfer drained a being like say Gladiator, Thor, another herald? I need something more solid than the Slow witted, baffooned, slow, hulk.

Warlord
team 1 6/10 if Yat doesn't job

Martian_mind
I've yet to see Surfer use this weakness Exploitation in a fight. And draining the Hulks energy is not a weakness. That's more like power reversal. And The hulk is unique in that he trans forms into a weaker being. has Surfer drained a being like say Gladiator, Thor, another herald? I need something more solid than the Slow witted, baffooned, slow, hulk.

The ending of that statement was such a garbled mess I'm slightly offended.

Well, I could sit here and try to prove to you a point that I care very little about, but frankly that you do not percieve taking advantage of one's own abilities to capitalize on a flaw in anothers powers as weakness exploitation shows me any effort on my part would be futile. Especially as you were shown a scan earlier today where Surfer directly threatens to exploit Gladiators radiation weakness.

Though frankly it's good to have you back. Maybe some interesting debates and matches will finally start to appear. I NVR knew why you were banned.

Zeuodin
The ending of that statement was such a garbled mess I'm slightly offended.

Well, I could sit here and try to prove to you a point that I care very little about, but frankly that you do not percieve taking advantage of one's own abilities to capitalize on a flaw in anothers powers as weakness exploitation shows me any effort on my part would be futile. Especially as you were shown a scan earlier today where Surfer directly threatens to exploit Gladiators radiation weakness.

Though frankly it's good to have you back. Maybe some interesting debates and matches will finally start to appear. I NVR knew why you were banned.

What are you talking about? How can I be banned if I'm right here? Why do you guys keep forgetting your E's? The scan that I've seen of Surfer threatening to exploit Glad's weakness is from an alternate time line correct? While glads is just standing there. Not fighting or moving correct?

celeyhyga17
Team 1 6.5/10

Ion is gonna be really, really tough to deal with. As long as he's not jobbing.

Slaanesh
Yat is the most powerful here..the other is about equal..so..team 1 FTW

xJLxKing
Team 1 8/10.
Sentry is the weak one here, but above all, Sodam can really shine here. He convert other energy as his own. Something that can easily help turn the tide of any battle

Kris Blaze
Yat's the man for the job.

Naija boy
The scan that I've seen of Surfer threatening to exploit Glad's weakness is from an alternate time line correct? While glads is just standing there. Not fighting or moving correct?

Alternate timeline? huh? Further whether glads is moving or not is irrelevant. Ur inability to form any logical points whatsoever is just unbelievable. Surfer can change the nature of his blasts, as long as he can hit gladiator with said blast in battle(which he can), then "exploiting weakness" is valid. Its simply has to do with blasting gladiator which we know he is capable of. Ur attempts to portray it as some unique complex process is just laughable.

Oh and team 2 ftw,

Zeuodin
Originally posted by Naija boy
Alternate timeline? huh? Further whether glads is moving or not is irrelevant. Ur inability to form any logical points whatsoever is just unbelievable. Surfer can change the nature of his blasts, as long as he can hit gladiator with said blast in battle(which he can), then "exploiting weakness" is valid. Its simply has to do with blasting gladiator which we know he is capable of. Ur attempts to portray it as some unique complex process is just laughable.

Oh and team 2 ftw,

Oh and team for the win. Just how does team two win? And I have yet to see Surfer scan someone for weakness in the Middle of a highspeed battle, formulate said weakenss and then use it all while avoiding being attacked. That's all I want to see.

iceman24567
Team one 7/10

Naija boy
Oh and team for the win. Just how does team two win? And I have yet to see Surfer scan someone for weakness in the Middle of a highspeed battle, formulate said weakenss and then use it all while avoiding being attacked. That's all I want to see.

First of all few people have specific weaknesses like superman and gladiator. But surfer has shown that his CA can instantly tell him such weaknesses. In other cases where the people he is fighting are powered by specific forms of energy (which constitutes a weakness) surfer has shown to immediately sense it and manipulate/drain them of said energy i.e firelord,Hulk,Silver surfer clone,Dr spectrum,Sympira,Wonderman etc.

Ur request for an exact scenario is nothing more than reaching because surfer has fulfilled all the requirements necessary for this to be a valid tactic. He has shown the ability to instantly sense such exploitable weaknesses . He has shown the presence of mind to actually exploit them. He has shown extreme control over nearly all types of energy etc. i.e even being able to instantly replicate thanos' unique energy signature. By terming it "exploiting weakness" u are trying to make sound like a complicated process when in truth it is no more complex than surfer tagging his opponent with one of his blasts. Funnily enough i believe u have barred weakness exploitation here so its not even relevant.

And i say team 2 wins because i believe Surfer beast Orion, Thor beats yat and though sentry may lose to wondy its two on 1 with either surfer or thor beating her.

Philosophía
Team 1.

Zeuodin
First of all few people have specific weaknesses like superman and gladiator. But surfer has shown that his CA can instantly tell him such weaknesses. In other cases where the people he is fighting are powered by specific forms of energy (which constitutes a weakness) surfer has shown to immediately sense it and manipulate/drain them of said energy i.e firelord,Hulk,Silver surfer clone,Dr spectrum,Sympira,Wonderman etc.

Ur request for an exact scenario is nothing more than reaching because surfer has fulfilled all the requirements necessary for this to be a valid tactic. He has shown the ability to instantly sense such exploitable weaknesses . He has shown the presence of mind to actually exploit them. He has shown extreme control over nearly all types of energy etc. i.e even being able to instantly replicate thanos' unique energy signature. By terming it "exploiting weakness" u are trying to make sound like a complicated process when in truth it is no more complex than surfer tagging his opponent with one of his blasts. Funnily enough i believe u have barred weakness exploitation here so its not even relevant.

And i say team 2 wins because i believe Surfer beast Orion, Thor beats yat and though sentry may lose to wondy its two on 1 with either surfer or thor beating her. What is surfer going to do to orion? We already know Orion can create shields strong enough to block the Omega Blasts. Is he going to then try matter manip? Not only can Orion matter Manip, his box can two. Is he going to slug it out with Orion? bad Idea.

Naija boy
What is surfer going to do to orion? We already know Orion can create shields strong enough to block the Omega Blasts. Is he going to then try matter manip? Not only can Orion matter Manip, his box can two. Is he going to slug it out with Orion? bad Idea.

Please bring scans of that, though resisting the omega beams (as superman has done in the past) in no way means that surfer cant eventually break orions shields. Further to follow ur line of logic, what is orion going to do to surfer? we already know that surfer can create shields strong enough to block blasts from the likes of the above skyfather level (or at least high skyfather level) Skrier. Is he going to use matter manip? Surfer is a better matter manipulator than he is. Is he going to slug it out with surfer? Surfer fighting to the fullest would not do this, but would rather use his blasts and other powers to fightetc.

Prep-Man
Team 1, but it's close.

Blanket
he has control over stuff like that now. He can simply turn it into something else or expunge it. Not that Surfer using lead would be any kind of option in a fight. I've never seen Surfer use a weakness in a fight. Why doesn't he do that to Thanos ? Ya, why doesn't he just expose Thanos' weakness to... death?

Shoot some death at Thanos. Sound strategy.

carver9
Please bring scans of that, though resisting the omega beams (as superman has done in the past) in no way means that surfer cant eventually break orions shields. Further to follow ur line of logic, what is orion going to do to surfer? we already know that surfer can create shields strong enough to block blasts from the likes of the above skyfather level (or at least high skyfather level) Skrier. Is he going to use matter manip? Surfer is a better matter manipulator than he is. Is he going to slug it out with surfer? Surfer fighting to the fullest would not do this, but would rather use his blasts and other powers to fightetc.

OWNED Happy Dance

Zeuodin
I have yet to see Superman resist the Omega Beams unfettered. Show me Him doing so when DS is at full power and without DS first striking himself. Also, You seem to be under the impression that I'm saying Orion is going to block Surfer's blast and let him keep blasting until he gets thru. Is that what you think? The Dog of war is going to just stand there? Now what makes you think that even if Surfer gets thru Orion's shields, that He can put Orion Down with said Blasts easily? Orion turned back forces that could destroy the Universe. His Durability is considerably high. And then He also has a Mother box that can heal his wounds.

Now you say that Surfer is a better Matter Manip than Orion. that may be true. But Orion has his MB which is a better matter manip than either. His MB actually can turn one being into another being with their full set of abilities. Turned Orion into Mr. Miracle. Not that it matters, Matter manip isn't going to do Surfer or Orion any good against the other.

Now what we have left is Speed, strength, Durability, and Blasting power.

Strength and Blasting power are Orion's.

Speed= Debatable as I can show scans of Orion doing some serious travel speed feats. But then Surfer has those too.

Surfer May be more durable. Debatable.

Orion can also amp and Grow to gigantic size. Amping further.

I'd say Orion wins in any logical debate against Surfer. Just as Thor wins against Surfer. He just can't compete with the best of the Gods.

celeyhyga17
Sodam Yat and Orion as a tandem would scare anyone. Ion went toe to toe with SBP and survived. I don't think anyone in team 2 can stay with SBP as long as Yat did. Thor and SS combo is beastly, but Yat tips the scale for his team.
Again team 1 for the slight majority.

Naija boy
I have yet to see Superman resist the Omega Beams unfettered. Show me Him doing so when DS is at full power and without DS first striking himself. Also, You seem to be under the impression that I'm saying Orion is going to block Surfer's blast and let him keep blasting until he gets thru. Is that what you think? The Dog of war is going to just stand there? Now what makes you think that even if Surfer gets thru Orion's shields, that He can put Orion Down with said Blasts easily? Orion turned back forces that could destroy the Universe. His Durability is considerably high. And then He also has a Mother box that can heal his wounds.

Now you say that Surfer is a better Matter Manip than Orion. that may be true. But Orion has his MB which is a better matter manip than either. His MB actually can turn one being into another being with their full set of abilities. Turned Orion into Mr. Miracle. Not that it matters, Matter manip isn't going to do Surfer or Orion any good against the other.

Now what we have left is Speed, strength, Durability, and Blasting power.

Strength and Blasting power are Orion's.

Speed= Debatable as I can show scans of Orion doing some serious travel speed feats. But then Surfer has those too.

Surfer May be more durable. Debatable.

Orion can also amp and Grow to gigantic size. Amping further.

I'd say Orion wins in any logical debate agains
t Surfer. Just as Thor wins against Surfer. He just can't compete with the best of the Gods.

Off the top of my head, our worlds at war and further DS first striking himself or whatever really would only affect his owndurability and not the power of the beams themselves. Moreover, in ur previous posts u r the one who ridiculously attempted to portray the idea of orion hiding behind his shield (which surfer can get through anyway) and hence there being no hope for surfer. The fact that he is the "dog of war" as u describe him would mean him engaging surfer and hence would make him susceptible to getting blasted and such. I also never said anything about surfer putting him down easily. Orion off panel getting rid of the energies of the oblivion bomb really doesnt show anything in regards to durability so i dont know why u even brought that up.

I know that direct bodily matter manip isnt going to be the decider in this fight. I was only pointing out the gigantic flaws in ur previous line of logic. However indirect forms of matter manip such as encasement/entrapment will be helpful tactics for surfer.

Pure physical Strength goes to orion most likely but i disagree with blasting power,speed and durability which i believe all go to surfer.
Id like to see scans of Orion deliberately growing to his gigantic size (his true form or whatever) in battle within the regular DC universe.

Orion doesnt win against surfer and i dont believe thor does either (but thats not even relevant here).

Zeuodin
Off the top of my head, our worlds at war and further DS first striking himself or whatever really would only affect his owndurability and not the power of the beams themselves. Moreover, in ur previous posts u r the one who ridiculously attempted to portray the idea of orion hiding behind his shield (which surfer can get through anyway) and hence there being no hope for surfer. The fact that he is the "dog of war" as u describe him would mean him engaging surfer and hence would make him susceptible to getting blasted and such. I also never said anything about surfer putting him down easily. Orion off panel getting rid of the energies of the oblivion bomb really doesnt show anything in regards to durability so i dont know why u even brought that up.

I know that direct bodily matter manip isnt going to be the decider in this fight. I was only pointing out the gigantic flaws in ur previous line of logic. However indirect forms of matter manip such as encasement/entrapment will be helpful tactics for surfer.

Pure physical Strength goes to orion most likely but i disagree with blasting power,speed and durability which i believe all go to surfer.
Id like to see scans of Orion deliberately growing to his gigantic size (his true form or whatever) in battle within the regular DC universe.

Orion doesnt win against surfer and i dont believe thor does either (but thats not even relevant here).

I wasn't referring to the Quantum Bomb. I was reffering to the Euridios or how ever you spell the Universal destroying force. Durability is a non factor. Orion can heal himself and the MB heals. He also has shields as Surfer. I don't see Surfer beating Orion any more than I see Orion beating Surfer. a Draw or Orion getting the slight better because he just has Superior Blasting power. And Orion grew Giant when he fought DS in Countdown if I'm not mistaken. No matter, All new Gods can grow at will. Orion did it when he took a chunk out of apoc. DS did it. Devilance did it.

Naija boy
I wasn't referring to the Quantum Bomb. I was reffering to the Euridios or how ever you spell the Universal destroying force. Durability is a non factor. Orion can heal himself and the MB heals. He also has shields as Surfer. I don't see Surfer beating Orion any more than I see Orion beating Surfer. a Draw or Orion getting the slight better because he just has Superior Blasting power. And Orion grew Giant when he fought DS in Countdown if I'm not mistaken. No matter, All new Gods can grow at will. Orion did it when he took a chunk out of apoc. DS did it. Devilance did it.

Scans of the oncident u r referring to please. and as i said before i believe surfer has superior blast power as well as speed. Also please provide scans of the countdown incident as well.

Zeuodin
Scans of the oncident u r referring to please. and as i said before i believe surfer has superior blast power as well as speed. Also please provide scans of the countdown incident as well. What's the toughest thing Surfer has blasted and Hurt? What is the tuffest opponent Surfer has one shotted with his blast?

Prep-Man
We don't know the full capabilities of Orion's Astro Force, since he holds back a lot. I assume Surfer is the same, but the Astro Force is basically limitless energy which is able to contain weapons that can destroy the universe.

His battle on earth, for example had effects that almost destroyed the moon! Orion has the edge in blasting power, IMO, or about even and is much more battle savvy than Surfer. I'd give Orion the small edge over Surfer, but not current amped Surfer.He's just too much for Orion.

Zeuodin
Originally posted by Prep-Man
We don't know the full capabilities of Orion's Astro Force, since he holds back a lot. I assume Surfer is the same, but the Astro Force is basically limitless energy which is able to contain weapons that can destroy the universe.

His battle on earth, for example had effects that almost destroyed the moon! Orion has the edge in blasting power, IMO, or about even and is much more battle savvy than Surfer. I'd give Orion the small edge over Surfer, but not current amped Surfer.He's just too much for Orion. Orion is currently Amped too. To an Unknown degree. All the New Gods.

Prep-Man

You're talking about the Ecruos, which is the Source spelled backwards. It was powerful enough to consume the very MULTIVERSE. Orion used the ALE to defeat it, but the feat that caught my attention is that he survived the explosion that killed the Ecruos, I believe. That is some durability right there.

Zeuodin
Originally posted by Prep-Man
You're talking about the Ecruos, which is the Source spelled backwards. It was powerful enough to consume the very MULTIVERSE. Orion used the ALE to defeat it, but the feat that caught my attention is that he survived the explosion that killed the Ecruos, I believe. That is some durability right there. yeah. that was the Durability feat I was thinking about.

shokosugi
sodam yat solos ss, thor and sentry

Zeuodin
Originally posted by shokosugi
sodam yat solos ss, thor and sentry Not hardly.

Naija boy
What's the toughest thing Surfer has blasted and Hurt? What is the tuffest opponent Surfer has one shotted with his blast?

Surfers has taken down mephisto,caused blackholes as sideeffects of casual blasts (which indicate solar system destroying level of power),Matched thanos power output while weakened,output too large for Quasar(top level energy absorber that has absorbed entire suns) to absorb etc.

Prep-Man
They seem pretty even in the NRG department, to be honest.

Zeuodin
Surfers has taken down mephisto,caused blackholes as sideeffects of casual blasts (which indicate solar system destroying level of power),Matched thanos power output while weakened,output too large for Quasar(top level energy absorber that has absorbed entire suns) to absorb etc.
Ok I haven't seen Surfer create Black Holes as a side effect. I'd have to see it. Not that it matters much, He had trouble asborbing a sun. That makes no sense that he would have trouble absorbing a sun but create black holes as side effects. BH>>Sun.

Orion has Harmed the Star Conquerer where no one else could. Not even Superman's Mightiest punches. He's Ko'd Superman with One Blast of his AF.

Oh and Orion was the Only New God that stood up to the Source powered Infinity Man and Lived. Not only did he live, After they had a fight that lit up the stars, he had enough power to come back to earth and fight DS

He also provided a portion of power to fight off the Ale being and Destroy a universe. It was only life 5 beings. Not to mention containing the the Quantum bomb with his astro power.

Prep-Man
Another feat for Orion that nobody talks about, is that he took on GDS Darkseid, while the COMBINED LOSH couldn't do squat alone. This was a weakened, pale version of Orion. Shows what he can really do when he's written correctly.

Prep-Man
Ok I haven't seen Surfer create Black Holes as a side effect. I'd have to see it. Not that it matters much, He had trouble asborbing a sun. That makes no sense that he would have trouble absorbing a sun but create black holes as side effects. BH>>Sun.

Orion has Harmed the Star Conquerer where no one else could. Not even Superman's Mightiest punches. He's Ko'd Superman with One Blast of his AF.

Oh and Orion was the Only New God that stood up to the Source powered Infinity Man and Lived. Not only did he live, After they had a fight that lit up the stars, he had enough power to come back to earth and fight DS

He also provided a portion of power to fight off the Ale being and Destroy a universe. It was only life 5 beings. Not to mention containing the the Quantum bomb with his astro power.

Not only did Orion injure Starro, but he put it into "SHOCK'.

Naija boy

Surfer had trouble absorbing a sun during infinity gauntlet which was a very long time ago and he has since been portrayed much more powerful. His blackhole creating blast was in annihilation
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/9429/annihilationsilversurfeiv2.jpg
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/5159/annihilationsilversurfeay7.jpg
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/5960/annihilationsilversurfekp8.jpg

He subsequently went on to replicate and briefly match Thanos power output while weakened.

Further please show the scans of superman and numerous others failing to harm star conqueror with only orion succeeding.

In his fight against superman iirc previous hits had been landed so it would not consitute a oneshot and also superman didnt seem to be totally unconscious.

Aside from that u didnt really tell me anything in regards to his blast power. Simply mentioning him survivng against infinity man doesnt tell me anything at all without seeing the context of the fight the impact of his blasts etc. In the incident where fate destroyed a univere with a spell powered by Orion and 4 others, Orion did provide some of the power needed for fate to caste the spell, but it was the spell itself that destroyed the universe. We cant really determine the direct power of orions blasts from that incident. The same goes for him somehow eliminating the energy of the oblivion bomb off panel.

Prep-Man
The oblivion bomb incident was said that the Astro Force was the only force powerful enough to contain it and that Orion was the only one to wield it.

carver9
Surfer had trouble absorbing a sun during infinity gauntlet which was a very long time ago and he has since been portrayed much more powerful. His blackhole creating blast was in annihilation
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/9429/annihilationsilversurfeiv2.jpg
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/5159/annihilationsilversurfeay7.jpg
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/5960/annihilationsilversurfekp8.jpg

He subsequently went on to replicate and briefly match Thanos power output while weakened.

Further please show the scans of superman and numerous others failing to harm star conqueror with only orion succeeding.

In his fight against superman iirc previous hits had been landed so it would not consitute a oneshot and also superman didnt seem to be totally unconscious.

Aside from that u didnt really tell me anything in regards to his blast power. Simply mentioning him survivng against infinity man doesnt tell me anything at all without seeing the context of the fight the impact of his blasts etc. In the incident where fate destroyed a univere with a spell powered by Orion and 4 others, Orion did provide some of the power needed for fate to caste the spell, but it was the spell itself that destroyed the universe. We cant really determine the direct power of orions blasts from that incident. The same goes for him somehow eliminating the energy of the oblivion bomb off panel.

OWNED, Again Happy Dance

I'm pretty sure that surfer output of energy is >>>Orion

Prep-Man
Originally posted by carver9
OWNED, Again Happy Dance

I'm pretty sure that surfer output of energy is >>>Orion

Universal feats > Black holes. Yeah, it's a high end feat, but it still counts.

BTW, here is Orion vs GDS Darkseid! The COMBINED Legion, Time Trapper, and MORDRU weren't enough to put Darkseid down during this story arc, yet Orion managed to give him a good tussle.

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/6deea367.jpg

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/da015cab.jpg

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/54e879ed.jpg

Next is Orion stalemating Mantis. A being who defeated INFINITY MAN himself, easily drained Hal Jordan's ring, defeated Dr. Fate, AND can shatter SOLAR SYSTEMS.

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/NewGods10-15_Earth--The_Doomed_Dominion.jpg

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/NewGods10-16_Earth--The_Doomed_Dominion.jpg

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/NewGods10-19_Earth--The_Doomed_Dominion.jpg

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/NewGods10-20_Earth--The_Doomed_Dominion.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.