AMAZO against Darkseid from Justice League unlimited

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

X-43D
In the last episode of Justice league unlimited, episode "Destroyer", Darkseid returns with greatly enhanced power levels, made possible by his new powersuit which is probably a fusion of Brainiac technology with his body. The powersuit made Darkseid more powerful than he's ever been.

Even after Superman "lets go" and uses the full extent of his strength on Darkseid and with a punch knocks Darkseid across the city through buildings before Darkseid has a chance to recover from the attack and with great super speed Supes gets in front of the airborne Darksied and knock him to the ground, Darkseid still rises to his feet as if almost nothing happens.

Darkseid then uses his Agony Matrix on Superman but Lex saves Superman from Darkseid with the Anti-Life equation.

You can see part of the episode "Destroyer" here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1YjE1bhnuc

My question is: Who do you think would win if Amazo had taken Supes place and faught Darkseid in "Destroyer"? In Justice League Unlimited Amazo has proven himself to be much more powerful than Superman and in the Comics Amazo also copied part of the Warlogog once.

So who do would have won if Amazo faught Darkseid instead of Supes with Batman and Lex? Would Darkseid's Agony Matrix have worked on Amazo too?

Omega Vision
JLU AMAZO in a stomp unless Darkseid could pull some bullshit like Solomon Grundy pulled and used some plot device power to force AMAZO to self bfr. AMAZO, Captain Marvel, and Orion were the three most conspicuous absences in that episode. If any one of them had been there the fight would have been easier.

X-43D
Originally posted by Omega Vision
JLU AMAZO in a stomp unless Darkseid could pull some bullshit like Solomon Grundy pulled and used some plot device power to force AMAZO to self bfr. AMAZO, Captain Marvel, and Orion were the three most conspicuous absences in that episode. If any one of them had been there the fight would have been easier.

But do you think Amazo could take on this version of Darkseid alone, I mean with no help?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by X-43D
But do you think Amazo could take on this version of Darkseid alone, I mean with no help?
Yep. He could copy DS's powers. The only reason Grundy beat him was because AMAZO couldn't deal with Chaos magic. DS isn't that sort of being and I'm sure AMAZO could tank DCAU Darkseid's OE.

Doctor-Alvis
I like how Lex Luthor tries to shoot him with his pistols.

carver9
Wasnt this version of amazo, wasnt he going to think the entire universe out of existence?

Denny Crane
He was the guy who teleported Oa or something similar.

Anyway, times like that youd wish they kept that giant space laser to just shoot Darkside in the face with. Damn hippie doves

psycho gundam
amazo with utter ease, copying ds' power would be pointless when he can just destroy him outright

JakeTheBank
Amazo would curbstomp.

Xplosive
Amazo stomps. He doesn't need to copy, he would simply stomp him. I really wanted more from Amazo in cartoons.

BattleMage
Amazo stomps.yawning

X-43D
But will the Agony Matrix work on Amazo too like it worked on Superman?

Utrigita
I highly doubt it, Amazo showed that he could adapt to Supermans weakness with relative ease, and that was the young version of Amazo, not the Amazo that had been traveling through the Universe attaining enormous power in that journey, and even if it is capable of holding Amazo what good is it going to do Darkseid? (beside stopping the barrage of punches that launches him across the city) I don't think that Darkseid packs enough punch to beat ore blast Amazo to death.

Omega Vision
I found it really odd that Orion was stuck in the Flash episode just a few episodes before where he seemed really out of place (I mean honestly Orion should never interact with the Rogues, he's on another level) and yet when his father returns to life with a substantial power boost suddenly Orion is gone? Darkseid himself said that New Genesis was next after he would pwn Earth.

big juggy man
Let me ask you good people a question about Amazo. Can he copy any persons powers? Could he copy TOA powers? Or is his ability to copy limited?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by big juggy man
Let me ask you good people a question about Amazo. Can he copy any persons powers? Could he copy TOA powers? Or is his ability to copy limited?
The only time he was ever shown to be powerless was when he fought Chaos-magic possessed Solomon Grundy even though he could have made an Nth metal mace and beaten Grundy to death with it. It was a mixture of PIS and CIS and it seemed that he was shocked that he wasn't instantly winning more than anything and worried that Solomon Grundy could have drained his power. He thought of himself as a liability so he left the heroes to their own devices. I think Chaos Magic Grundy would be a good h/h match for Destroyer Darkseid.

psycho gundam
amazo still didn't comeback.

the dvd's should have a short of him returning with a solution when the league are all geriatric feebs.

big juggy man
Thank you Omega Vision for the answer. But could you answer the other part of the question. Can AMAZO copy any person's power no matter how powerful they are? If if is near a Celestial will he have their powers? If he is near the Living Tribunal or the Spectre will have their ablities as well?

Xplosive
No, he can't copy any power. I think he wouldn't be able to copy Living Tribunal at all. Maybe Celestial, who knows. Didn't he even copy Gog?

TheKahn
Originally posted by Xplosive
No, he can't copy any power. I think he wouldn't be able to copy Living Tribunal at all. Maybe Celestial, who knows. Didn't he even copy Gog?

He only needs to copy one of Superman's powers to beat Darksied.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ckyeVvJfj_g/SaAmRDGmPsI/AAAAAAAAB2I/tHVpewGR-JY/s1600/SuperRoll.jpg
band

Xplosive
And was Amazo ever so powerful in comics as in cartoon?

Zeuodin
Originally posted by Xplosive
And was Amazo ever so powerful in comics as in cartoon? More. He's had half the Infinite power of the Worlogog in Comics.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Zeuodin
More. He's had half the Infinite power of the Worlogog in Comics.

Idk what he did when he had half the worlogog but when he was messing up the Heroes all at once... I would say the Gold Amazo did it with far more ease.

It was like that gold amazo was trying to travel somewhere and the entire JL trying to stop him was nothing more than a small inconvenience.

Xplosive
Yes, but also comic counterpart of superheroes are more powerful than in cartoon.
And I don't see any trouble for cartoon Amazo to handle also their comic counterparts. And how he moved entire GL with utter ease (with a blink of an eye). He was amazingly powerful.
Don't know him too well from comcis though, but he did handle JL with not so trouble, but in cartoon did it far more easily and impressively and seemed far more powerful.

big juggy man
Ok so one last question about AMAZO. Could you name a few characters who can beat him? Just in case I want to make a vs thread I won't put him against somebody who stands no chance against him.

X-43D
Originally posted by big juggy man

Amazo has his limits. If he doesn't have any limits, then he is just as powerful as the Presence.

In the Marvel universe there are many characters who can beat Amazo: Galactus with the ultimate nullifier. Since the Living Tribunal is even more powerful than Galactus with the ultimate nullifier then there is no doubt that he could take down Amazo too. Thanos with the infinity gauntlet is about as powerful as Galactus with the UN.

The Spectre from DC comics can surely beat Amazo too if the Presence helps him. The Anti-Monitor and Imperiex surely could too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.