Who is the better Jedi?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CloneCaptin Fox
laughing
Welcome to the Jedi Temple I would just want to ask who do you think is the better Jedi.Vote for the best one.
Master Yoda
Master Obi-Wan
Master Ankain
Master Widu
Also please write comments big grin

Q'Anilia
Wrong forum, and as far as best Jedi goes, it's a matter of definition. If you ask me, Anakin doesn't belong in that question.

Force my hand and I'll say Obi-Wan was the best Jedi.

REXXXX
Indeed, wrong forum. Moved to the correct area. The Star Wars RPG section is not intended for idle discussion of Star Wars.

Darth_Glentract
As far as the ideal Jedi goes, its probably Obi-wan.

Red Nemesis
Anakin was never a master?

So... Ventress by a mile.

BruceSkywalker
none

BoratBorat
I am the best jedi ever, i pwned palapatine, duth bane , count koodu and Janus by lifting my penis.

Lord Lucien
It's amazing just how much influence that guy had and still has over this place.

Janus Marius
Obi-Wan, for the win. Although Darth Bandon would make a good Jedi if he stopped killing them to try.

Dance, my puppets! Dance!

Slash_KMC
Revan.

With Yoda kind of closely in second place.

Janus Marius
Bandon = Plo Koon > Revan > Yoda > Sidious

Samurai100
Obi-wan

REXXXX
Stay on topic, folks.

Jedireaper
Obi-Wan I say

CloneCaptin Fox
Thankyou all for voting and sending in messages and comments and keep voting we will see who will win this poll

-singed Out starwarsstarwars

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by CloneCaptin Fox
Thankyou all for voting and sending in messages and comments and keep voting we will see who will win this poll

-singed Out starwarsstarwars Don't you just hate it when you burn yourself while leaving?

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by REXXXX
Stay on topic, folks.

your not the boss of me

mattatom
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
You're not the boss of me.

*Helps*

Slash_KMC
You're not helping. Knowing Nemesis, he typed that 'your' thing on purpose.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
You're not helping. Knowing Nemesis, he typed that 'your' thing on purpose.
bingo.

it is banproofing- I am immune to the oppresshun b/c i didnt insubordinat3 rex. "You're" would be disrespectful, but "your" is simple gibberish.

I win.
qed

truejedi
1. There is no such thing as Master Anakin

2. Most skilled is Yoda.

3. Probably the "best" Jedi, as far as trusting the force and all that, is Obi-wan.

Major Valerian
What does 'better' mean? More skilled? Most powerful? Toughest? Greatest? Wisest?

Combining all of those, the better ones are Obi-Wan and Yoda. I'd go for Yoda.

Autokrat
Yoda's claims to wisdom are laughable at best. He's a retarded sock puppet that spews bullshit in reverse sentence structure in some bizarre attempt to sound wise. Its like Lucas took random quotes from Buddha and rewrote them for Star Wars.

truejedi
you are mocking yoda for grammar? ON THE INTERNET? trulies?

Ms.Marvel
no body cares about your life though.

truejedi
who ya replying too?

Weltall
As far as what a Jedi is, I'd have to go with Odan-Urr.

BoratBorat
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
no body cares about your life though. Sure you do *wink wink*

Autokrat
Originally posted by truejedi
you are mocking yoda for grammar? ON THE INTERNET? trulies?

More for the bullshit he spews out of his mouth.

Actually he's just generally stupid all the time.

Anakin: Man I'm really UPSET because I'm afraid of a friend dying! *emotional*

Yoda: Death is not something to be feared, but a natural BLAH BLAH BLAH STANDARD JEDI BULLSHIT ANSWER fails horribly, Anakin goes to the dark side, all shit happens.

mattatom
*agrees with Yoda*

Slash_KMC
Yeah, I also agree with Yoda. He actually had some of the best dialogue in the entire saga.

"Oooh, great warrior? Wars don't make one great."

L: "I can't believe it.",
Y: "And that is why you fail."

"Judge me by my size, do you?"

mattatom
The last line, I'm pretty sure you picked for a good reason.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by mattatom
The last line, I'm pretty sure you picked for a good reason. Yoda never said that... you're making shit up.

mattatom
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Yoda never said that... you're making shit up. Oh ofcourse sorry.

The last line, good reason you picked, hmm?

better?

Autokrat
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
Yeah, I also agree with Yoda. He actually had some of the best dialogue in the entire saga.

"Oooh, great warrior? Wars don't make one great."

L: "I can't believe it.",
Y: "And that is why you fail."

"Judge me by my size, do you?"

Except wars do make people great. Alexander anyone? Genghis Khan? Hannibal? Caesar? There is a reason we still talk about how awesome those badasses were.

Yoda is full of stereotypical "wisdom" lines that just make him sound retarded.

truejedi
Yoda's 2 lines to Sidious were freaking amazing too:

1. If so powerful you are, why leave?

2. (from ROTS novel) paraphrase in regard to anakin: "so recently an apprentice, so soon without a master."

Lord Lucien
Some Yoda lines are good, when's confronting someone all badass-like. But his ESB lines were funny when he was senile, then cliched/hackneyed when he was all "mastery".

Nephthys
Weren't all those people like.....killed horribly though? Alexander followed his ambition and picked up a disease in India (or poisoned, da dum daaa!). Genghis Khan died due to his excessive battle wounds. Hannibal got his ass kicked in battle. Caesar got stabbed like, a thousand times in da back by jealous rivals. So if Great= easily susceptible to death, then yeah, that's what they were.

Autokrat
Originally posted by Nephthys
Weren't all those people like.....killed horribly though? Alexander followed his ambition and picked up a disease in India (or poisoned, da dum daaa!). Genghis Khan died due to his excessive battle wounds. Hannibal got his ass kicked in battle. Caesar got stabbed like, a thousand times in da back by jealous rivals. So if Great= easily susceptible to death, then yeah, that's what they were.

They all had violent death because they lead violent and dangerous lives. This is what made them so badass, is the fact that they accomplished so much despite often incredibly difficult circumstances. Everyone dies in the end anyways. Its what you do while you are around that counts.

Nephthys
No it isn't. After you die, does what you have done matter anymore? Will it keep you warm at night thinking of your past greatness? No, becuase you are dead, you are nothing; a void. I'd rather live longer than inspire a bunch of people I don't care about well past when I've ceased to care. I would say that its getting what you can out of life while you can that counts but even thats wrong. Nothing counts.

Emooooooo Raaaage!!!

Autokrat
No it isn't. After you die, does what you have done matter anymore? Will it keep you warm at night thinking of your past greatness? No, becuase you are dead, you are nothing; a void. I'd rather live longer than inspire a bunch of people I don't care about well past when I've ceased to care. I would say that its getting what you can out of life while you can that counts but even thats wrong. Nothing counts.

Emooooooo Raaaage!!!

Someone has read way too much Camus...

Nephthys
Never heard of him (or her), thats just my interpretation of the world, taking my Athiesm to its logical conclusion. Fact is, I've structured my whole life on becoming a writer so I can leave a part of myself behind that'll last forever, shortly after I converted. I've only recently figured out how pointless that is. I'm still gonna do it though, just cuz I think I have something to say and I might as well say it.

I'll look into this Camus though, should be interesting.

Edit: Wth? This guy sounds nothing like me.

Edit: Yep, he likes football, screw him.

Autokrat
Never heard of him (or her), thats just my interpretation of the world, taking my Athiesm to its logical conclusion. Fact is, I've structured my whole life on becoming a writer so I can leave a part of myself behind that'll last forever, shortly after I converted. I've only recently figured out how pointless that is. I'm still gonna do it though, just cuz I think I have something to say and I might as well say it.

I'll look into this Camus though, should be interesting.

Edit: Wth? This guy sounds nothing like me.

Edit: Yep, he likes football, screw him.

He was one of the major existentialist philosophers of the 20th century (despite his denial), up there with the likes of Sartre and Dostoevsky

Perhaps you should actually read his stuff. In teams of all things being meaningless I would read his Myth of Sisyphus (excellent book).

One Free Man
I'm going with windu because he is wise and has all the power and yet the self control to keep from the darkside and shit.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.