Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mandrag Ganon
I just want to know how he survived the first game...

Just announced at the VGAs.

Morridini
Damnit, was hoping it wasn't true.

Spike messed up the streaming, it don't show any trailers, just the people talking inbetween.

But this was very bad news.

First_Tsurugi06
Of course he's alive http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon2.gif

Christ dammit...

At least we may see an appearance by Yoda

Ridley_Prime
Yay, more action with the uninteresting Starkiller/apprentice. erm

Kazenji
Sounds good hopefully the levels are harder that was my problem with the first one got through them too quickly.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Mandrag Ganon
I just want to know how he survived the first game...

Just announced at the VGAs.

New protagonist maybe.

Kazenji
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
Of course he's alive http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon2.gif

Christ dammit...

If he's alive then they would have to go with the dark side ending and of course thats not canon.

Mandrag Ganon
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
New protagonist maybe.

No... Starkiller was shown...

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Kazenji
Sounds good hopefully the levels are harder that was my problem with the first one got through them too quickly.
Of course you'll go through them quickly when you've got an overpowered character at your disposal.

Damnit... I still don't like Starkiller as a character, or as a Star Wars representative.

Demonic Phoenix

Oh. Perhaps a prequel or interquel then. Or as Kazenji stated, a non-canon story.

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Yay, more action with the uninteresting Starkiller/apprentice. erm

He's a better protagonist than that fool Anakin in SWII-SWIII imo.

Try imposing restrictions (Speciality runs) on yourself to 'increase' the difficulty after the basic playthroughs. It's what I do for most if not all games like these.

Mandrag Ganon
Oh. Perhaps a prequel or interquel then.

I don't think so. You hear Juno say "Will I ever see you again?" in the trailer. I think he somehow survived the light-side ending.

Kazenji
Of course you'll go through them quickly when you've got an overpowered character at your disposal.

He was'nt so overpowered when you start off.

Ridley_Prime
He's a better protagonist than that fool Anakin in SWII-SWIII imo.
Nuh uh!

_-rP5iqx6T8

Otherwise though, I guess I can't argue with that. stick out tongue

Demonic Phoenix
I don't think so. You hear Juno say "Will I ever see you again?" in the trailer. I think he somehow survived the light-side ending.

Perhaps I better watch the trailer first before jumping to conclusions >__>

Nuh uh!

_-rP5iqx6T8

laughing out loud. Why the **** did Obi-wan's LS get smaller when he was about to cut Anakin?

Kazenji
Well heres the teaser Trailer for it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVr-hPkr9d4&feature=player_embedded#

Ridley_Prime
laughing out loud. Why the **** did Obi-wan's LS get smaller when he was about to cut Anakin?
PIS so the alternate ending could occur. stick out tongue

Or something.

General G

LOL that would make so many more people complain about his over poweredness. Which...I would probably agree with, he got rocked in that ending...

S_D_J
I'll buy it smile

MadMel
marek's alive?
we may see yoda?
giant scaly gorilla thing?
2 lightsabers?!

win!!
maybe that means you can choose what kind of weapon you can use (kinda like jedi academy)

steverules_2
The trailer looks good so I have high hopes for this, guess we'll find out how he's alive soon enough

MadMel
i wanna see a new improved action-sequence ownage of that monster stick out tongue

Scythe
IT KILLED A RANCOR!!

MadMel
correction - it made that rancor its *****!

General G
I will be getting this game for sure, loved the first one.

Peach
Originally posted by MadMel
marek's alive?
we may see yoda?
giant scaly gorilla thing?
2 lightsabers?!

win!!
maybe that means you can choose what kind of weapon you can use (kinda like jedi academy)

Two lightsabers - as in dual-wielding - is the only thing you listed that I have any interest in.

The first game was okay, but not sequel-worthy. It was most certainly a disappointment to me.

But then again, I've thought for years now that Lucas should not be allowed to touch his own franchises anymore.

Hopefully they'll actually test this one for bugs and fix them before releasing a broken game like they did with the first, though.

And wtf with bringing back Starkiller. I know this is SW, where plotholes are abundant, but even so. WTF.

(not that I consider the games canon in any form, but that just brings this off into AU EU territory)

General G
I have great interest in everything he listed! More Yoda, Darth Vader, and somehow working Starkiller into there? SICK. And a huge gorilla thing that can make a Rancor his B**** and we get to chop it up with our lightsaberS and lightning? SICK.

I loved the first one, I had no problems with it, thought it was great fun destroying things with overpowered force powerness of awesomeness.

Very excited for a sequel smile

Ms.Marvel
i hate yoda. -___________-

General G
How can you hate a little green guy that talks funny?

Burning thought
Maybe he is reminded of a relative that he shared little love with?

Ms.Marvel
.___.

General G
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
.___.

As great of an explanation as that is...it's really not! lol stick out tongue

Peach
BT, shut up and knock it off.

And she doesn't have to explain why a character annoys her, you know.

I'm not a huge fan of Yoda, either.

I just want to know how they're going to manage to hand-wave away the fact that Starkiller was rather clearly killed at the end of TFU. This should be worth a laugh.

General G
Yes, thank you, I am well aware, just giving her a hard time stick out tongue

Nephthys
Maybe that last burst of energy at the end wasn't an explosion like everyone thought it was. Maybe it was a localised wormhole or something. That would explain why an explosion of that magnitude did jack-all to the Emperor and Vader.

Or maybe Lucasarts has its own head up its ass.

Zack Fair
Watch as Starkiller singlehandedly destroys half the empire's fleet with a single wave of his hand.

Morridini
Why Starkiller survived? Do the Spider-man explenation, it was a clone!

Mandrag Ganon
Originally posted by General G
I have great interest in everything he listed! More Yoda, Darth Vader, and somehow working Starkiller into there? SICK. And a huge gorilla thing that can make a Rancor his B**** and we get to chop it up with our lightsaberS and lightning? SICK.

I loved the first one, I had no problems with it, thought it was great fun destroying things with overpowered force powerness of awesomeness.

Very excited for a sequel smile

My only problem with the first one was that it was so short. Make this one longer and I will be quite satisfied.

SaTsuJiN
Honestly, I dont care that he's OP or he's corny / emotionless, etc..

the game itself just sucked.. the combo engine sucked.. the fighting.. there was no real sense of sword play, or anything close to feeling like an OP jedi / sith..

the game was just a terrible platformer with shitty abilities, in star wars wrapping paper, and I'm disappointed that theres going to be a 2nd

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Morridini
Why Starkiller survived? Do the Spider-man explenation, it was a clone!

Force resurrection. YEAR!!!

On that note, in C-canon, Palpatine has come back to life a number of times.

PIS so the alternate ending could occur. stick out tongue

Or something.

True enough. Just shows you that even in alternate endings, Anakin is Obi-Wan's b**** 313.

Ms.Marvel
just so you guys know... i didnt report anyone or anything she came in here of her own volition >_>

anyways! eek!

yes obiwan big grin

ArtificialGlory
Who in their right mind would like Yoda anyway?

Morridini
On that note, in C-canon, Palpatine has come back to life a number of times.

He's come back once during the horific Dark Empire crap, and most EU authors after that try to ignore it as much as possible.

Phanteros
I smell Comic book retcon.

-Pr-
not bad. would have preferred Battlefront 3, though.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Morridini
He's come back once during the horific Dark Empire crap, and most EU authors after that try to ignore it as much as possible.

He came back in clone bodies after dying a couple of times during that whole DE arc.
Ignoring it doesn't make it non-canon to the EU, and while I cannot remember, I don't think it was retconned.

Set Harth displayed the same process using clones years before Sidious iirc.
Then we have my favorite of the Sith Lords, Darth Bane, who was able to extend his life through pain, when he was near-death.

Even though Marek turned to the Light side, him surviving or coming back is slightly possible imo.

BoratBorat
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
Honestly, I dont care that he's OP or he's corny / emotionless, etc..

the game itself just sucked.. the combo engine sucked.. the fighting.. there was no real sense of sword play, or anything close to feeling like an OP jedi / sith..

the game was just a terrible platformer with shitty abilities, in star wars wrapping paper, and I'm disappointed that theres going to be a 2nd

Lets not forget how terrible of a character galen marek is.

Gary stu = epic phail.

MadMel
true
cant say i like the story or the character
however, the gameplay was sick, and, buggy as the pc version is, its totally worth to choose the alternate ending just so you can beat the crap outta obi-wan, boba fett and luke
if they can fix the problems the first game had (gameplay wise) this should make a great sequel big grin

Ms.Marvel
http://filmgenius.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/no-country-for-old-men_tommy-lee-jones_josh-brolin_javier-bardem_91.jpg

MadMel
agreed stick out tongue

how can anyone like bane erm

or maybe im just suffering from a reaction caused by nebaris' constant bane wanking?

S_D_J
Originally posted by -Pr-

QFT

I'm still buying it yes

AsbestosFlaygon
UTuz7LKOHpE

Kazenji
Look on page 1 theres a link for it.

Peach
Look on page 1 theres a link for it.

Except the link you posted on page 1 doesn't work, it just gives a "removed due to copyright" message.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Peach
Except the link you posted on page 1 doesn't work, it just gives a "removed due to copyright" message.

Well obvisouly it did work at the time of posting glare

Nephthys
Name a more likable Sith Lord (Not Revan). Go on, I'll wait.

Peach
I'm pretty sure Sith Lords aren't supposed to be likable.

MadMel
i like vader and sids more than bane
and nihilus, but only cuz of the mask - nothing else stick out tongue

Demonic Phoenix
http://filmgenius.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/no-country-for-old-men_tommy-lee-jones_josh-brolin_javier-bardem_91.jpg

I could post the same thing to you not liking Yoda...that would be unnecessary and pointless though right.

or maybe im just suffering from a reaction caused by nebaris' constant bane wanking?

This.

How can anyone like Sidious barker stick out tongue?

MadMel
when i first saw him lightning fry luke i shat bricks erm
it was so awesome - i wanted to be able to shoot lightning from my fingers stick out tongue

General G

Nihilus was such a badass! Destroyed worlds! Sick. Good choice. Sidious was cool too, took down the Jedi Order from the inside.

Ridley_Prime
The first game was okay, but not sequel-worthy. It was most certainly a disappointment to me.

And wtf with bringing back Starkiller. I know this is SW, where plotholes are abundant, but even so. WTF.
QFT

I just want to know how they're going to manage to hand-wave away the fact that Starkiller was rather clearly killed at the end of TFU. This should be worth a laugh.
Indeed it should..

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Watch as Starkiller singlehandedly destroys half the empire's fleet with a single wave of his hand.
DO NOT WANT

That'll just give me another reason to hate Starkiller, especially with the overpoweredness factor. He's also a boring character compared to most others from Star Wars IMO.

True enough. Just shows you that even in alternate endings, Anakin is Obi-Wan's b**** 313.
Haha, looks that way.

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Who in their right mind would like Yoda anyway?
I do... Just not as much as others.

QFT on this as well. ^^ TFU 2 will just be a waste of development in comparison, IMO.

Demonic Phoenix
when i first saw him lightning fry luke i shat bricks erm
it was so awesome - i wanted to be able to shoot lightning from my fingers stick out tongue

Sidious looked like a hag. At least Bane looked cooler stick out tongue, and when I first saw Bane making a Lightning Storm (albeit with the help of others) I shat bricks.

That'll just give me another reason to hate Starkiller, especially with the overpoweredness factor. He's also a boring character compared to most others from Star Wars IMO.

Difference being, WE get to kick ass with Starkiller, as opposed to watching characters kick the crap out of each other...

Besides, would you want to play as one of those clone troopers or something stick out tongue? Jedi and Sith are overpowered as is, though fair enough, SK's raw strength in the force makes him more so.

Ridley_Prime
Difference being, WE get to kick ass with Starkiller, as opposed to watching characters kick the crap out of each other...

Besides, would you want to play as one of those clone troopers or something stick out tongue? Jedi and Sith are overpowered as is, though fair enough, SK's raw strength in the force makes him more so.
Exactly..

To be frank, I'd rather play as Maul or Grievous. stick out tongue Not because of how powerful they are or anything. I just like them most as characters... *shrug* (I would say Vader too, but I've played as him in games enough already)

Oh, and as far as EU goes, Darth Revan for sure. I'm tired of Starkiller as it is.

General G
I could never play as Darth Vader enough, loved the intro to Force Unleashed 1. Awesome Sauce.

Would be amazing though, I agree, to play as Grievous, my favourite character (if you couldn't tell! stick out tongue )

I agree with you on Revan too, played that game so many times just to say I was Revan!

Demonic Phoenix
Exactly..

To be frank, I'd rather play as Maul or Grievous. stick out tongue Not because of how powerful they are or anything. I just like them most as characters... *shrug* (I would say Vader too, but I've played as him in games enough already)

Oh, and as far as EU goes, Darth Revan for sure. I'm tired of Starkiller as it is.

Grievous? While the 4 saber thing was awesome, I like Dooku more than that walking tin can stick out tongue.

Revan already had his time to 'shine', now it's SK's. If it were up to me, I'd like a non-canon game with Mace Windu; one where he doesn't get cheap-shotted by Sidious and Anakin.

Ridley_Prime
I could never play as Darth Vader enough, loved the intro to Force Unleashed 1. Awesome Sauce.

Would be amazing though, I agree, to play as Grievous, my favourite character (if you couldn't tell! stick out tongue )

I agree with you on Revan too, played that game so many times just to say I was Revan!
Haha, nice. thumb up That reminds me, I did like using Grievous in the versus/multiplayer of Star Wars episode III (the game), except the part about being limited to how much you could use all four arms/sabers. =(

Grievous? While the 4 saber thing was awesome, I like Dooku more than that walking tin can stick out tongue.
Bah. Grievous held his own against Dooku. stick out tongue

S_G0EfUewCE

And the apprentice always eventually surpasses the master. 131 But besides that (and the comic relief with his coughing and wheezing), I found him unique in that he was a formidable lightsaber combatant who wasn't a force user like your typical Sith Lord (kinda more original).

I agree with you on the Mace Windu part though. He was the best ****ing Jedi of them all IMO, even more-so than Yoda and dare I say it, Luke Skywalker, who was just a Padawan until RotJ. stick out tongue
Was also pissed at how he got cheap-shotted... Otherwise, I don't think he would've died and would've been among the few surviving Jedi (alongside Yoda and Obi-wan) in IV, V, and VI.

Nemesis X
I still wonder how the heck Galen survived after the end of TFU1. Vader probably lied about him being dead and spared his life by dropping his unconscious body onto the nearest planet. That's my best guess. What would be your theory on how he survived?

Demonic Phoenix

Dooku was busy mouthing off to Grievous, that's why stick out tongue.

And the apprentice always eventually surpasses the master. 131 But besides that (and the comic relief with his coughing and wheezing), I found him unique in that he was a formidable lightsaber combatant who wasn't a force user like your typical Sith Lord (kinda more original).

Nuh uh. Vader neva surpassed Sidious. Grievous would neva surpass Dooku.

Fair enough, I can understand your point (about liking Grievous).

I agree with you on the Mace Windu part though. He was the best ****ing Jedi of them all IMO, even more-so than Yoda and dare I say it, Luke Skywalker, who was just a Padawan until RotJ. stick out tongue
Was also pissed at how he got cheap-shotted... Otherwise, I don't think he would've died and would've been among the few surviving Jedi (alongside Yoda and Obi-wan) in IV, V, and VI.

It's a pity Dooku was beaten by that fool Anakin (I call PIS), he was said to have been around as good as Mace and Yoda.

I agree, no one from the SW-movies would have been able to kill him. Was Palpatine holding back somewhat during their fight though?

Originally posted by Nemesis X
I still wonder how the heck Galen survived after the end of TFU1. Vader probably lied about him being dead and spared his life by dropping his unconscious body onto the nearest planet. That's my best guess. What would be your theory on how he survived?

Force ghost return to body somehow. Meh.
It was just the teaser trailer, who knows if they are going to go with SK anyway.

Ridley_Prime
Nuh uh. Vader neva surpassed Sidious.
Errm.. Last I checked, Vader killed him in RotJ. Plus, Sidious himself said to Yoda "Darth Vader will become more powerful than either of us".

Case in point about apprentice surpassing the master. 131

Grievous would neva surpass Dooku.
I suppose not.. unless Dooku taught him the powers of the force when training him, but then he would become just another Sith, taking away from the uniqueness of him that I pointed out.

It's a pity Dooku was beaten by that fool Anakin (I call PIS), he was said to have been around as good as Mace and Yoda.
Agreed. Pitiful way to be killed off indeed...

I agree, no one from the SW-movies would have been able to kill him. Was Palpatine holding back somewhat during their fight though?
I don't know for sure. Some claim that he did hold back, others say that he didn't. You'll get mixed opinions on that for various reasons. erm

Kazenji

S_G0EfUewCE

And besides it was only training.

General G
Haha, nice. thumb up That reminds me, I did like using Grievous in the versus/multiplayer of Star Wars episode III (the game), except the part about being limited to how much you could use all four arms/sabers. =(

Yes! Good memories! I still own that game, I remember using him a lot of the time, those 4 lightsabers, if you got the first hit off, did RIDICULOUSLY awesome amounts of damage! Would have been great to have them out all the time, for sure wink

I used him quite often in Battlefront 2 as well during the "Good vs. Evil" battles on Tatooine and Kashhyyyk, I would trade off between him and Maul.

General G

Maybe he cloned him?

MadMel
that wouldnt explain the mechanics that seem to be keeping his arm attached to his shoulder erm

Ridley_Prime
Yes! Good memories! I still own that game, I remember using him a lot of the time, those 4 lightsabers, if you got the first hit off, did RIDICULOUSLY awesome amounts of damage! Would have been great to have them out all the time, for sure wink

I used him quite often in Battlefront 2 as well during the "Good vs. Evil" battles on Tatooine and Kashhyyyk, I would trade off between him and Maul.
Bah. I never got to use Grievous much (if at all) in Battlefront 2 sad (was mostly Vader, not that using him was a bad thing), but I guess I just didn't play it quite enough.
Didn't know you could use the General on Tatooine as well though. That's.. awesome. o.o Much cooler than seeing him on Kashhyyyk as you normally would. mmm

And yeah, I still have the episode III game as well, on the PS2. xD lol @ Fool Anakin being able to use force lightening (damnit DP, you got me into the habit of calling him Fool Anakin now stick out tongue).

Nemesis X
Maybe he cloned him?

That would be a horrible idea.

jaden101

I wouldn't put it past the writers to reuse the whole "twins" thing.

MadMel
or maybe, considering there seem to be mechanical parts attached to the flesh, they simply rebuilt him again?

BoratBorat
Man starkiller reeks with gary studem.

Demonic Phoenix
Errm.. Last I checked, Vader killed him in RotJ. Plus, Sidious himself said to Yoda "Darth Vader will become more powerful than either of us".

Case in point about apprentice surpassing the master. 131

He just threw him off the side of the platform erm.
That was in Episode 3, before Anakin got pwned by Obi-Wan. It was implied that he lost quite a lot of his potential due to that. I can't imagine how powerful Vader would have been had he not suffered that loss to Obi-Wan.
Yeah, we should have Vader (as Anakin) in this Force Unleashed 2 game, non-canon of course. That'll make Galen in F.Unleashed feel like a wimp stick out tongue.

B'sides, Palpatine is a liar! stick out tongue

I suppose not.. unless Dooku taught him the powers of the force when training him, but then he would become just another Sith, taking away from the uniqueness of him that I pointed out.

Or he would be badass. A 4-saber wielding machine that could use force lightning from all 4 limbs. Imagine it laughing out loud.

I don't know for sure. Some claim that he did hold back, others say that he didn't. You'll get mixed opinions on that for various reasons. erm

True enough. I like to think that Palpatine got his handed to him fairly though.

Allankles
I shouldn't be surprised but I'm disappointed by this news, hopefully they at least try to improve the lightsaber combat before shipping.

Originally posted by BoratBorat
Man starkiller reeks with gary studem.

Another reason why a sequel is unappealing.

General G

Just a neat little thing, but I don't recall a time when Palps lied during the first three episodes. On screen at least stick out tongue

That would be a horrible idea.

Haha I didn't say it was a good idea!

Bah. I never got to use Grievous much (if at all) in Battlefront 2 sad (was mostly Vader, not that using him was a bad thing), but I guess I just didn't play it quite enough.
Didn't know you could use the General on Tatooine as well though. That's.. awesome. o.o Much cooler than seeing him on Kashhyyyk as you normally would. mmm

And yeah, I still have the episode III game as well, on the PS2. xD lol @ Fool Anakin being able to use force lightening (damnit DP, you got me into the habit of calling him Fool Anakin now stick out tongue).

You missed out! His super running then attack with four lightsabers was deadly! And more often than not knocked down another Hero. You didn't know you could do that on Tatooing too?? On the xbox version at least, that was the first "Good vs. Evil" battle there was, Kashyyyk was a DLC.
Vader and Palps were badass too wink

Yeah, that was a little messed with the lightning. I don't remember for sure because it has been so long, but could Vader, for whatever reason, use it too??

Nephthys
The whole 'I can save Padme', 'I don't want to be a dictator but someone has to', 'The jedi are eeeevil and want to take over the republic' and 'The only way to defend against the jedi is to give me lots of power' were all lies if I recall correctly.

Also- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_wfL_9KDZE Watch from 3.00 onwards. Grievous is a fuggin' badass. crackers

General G
Originally posted by Nephthys
The whole 'I can save Padme', 'I don't want to be a dictator but someone has to', 'The jedi are eeeevil and want to take over the republic' and 'The only way to defend against the jedi is to give me lots of power' were all lies if I recall correctly.

Also- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_wfL_9KDZE Watch from 3.00 onwards. Grievous is a fuggin' badass. crackers

"I can save Padme" - Given enough time, he could have.

"I don't want t be a dictator, but someone has to" - Can't recall him saying something to that effect.

"The Jedi are evil and want to take over the Republic" - Yes, you must have seen it coming, but "from his point of view the Jedi are evil!"

"The only way to defend against the Jedi is to give me lots of power" - that isn't true? Who else would have foughten so effectively against the Jedi, at a time when the citizens wanted blood? It worked, so isn't really a lie =P

Oh yes, I watched that episode...and it is ridiculously badass. In a matter of less than three minutes, he kills three Jedi, and easily could have killed Mundi and Shaak Ti. At times holding them off with his feet! Badass.

Ridley_Prime
He just threw him off the side of the platform erm.
That was in Episode 3, before Anakin got pwned by Obi-Wan. It was implied that he lost quite a lot of his potential due to that. I can't imagine how powerful Vader would have been had he not suffered that loss to Obi-Wan.
Yeah, we should have Vader (as Anakin) in this Force Unleashed 2 game, non-canon of course. That'll make Galen in F.Unleashed feel like a wimp stick out tongue.

Haha, fair enough. And I agree with those last two points.

Or he would be badass. A 4-saber wielding machine that could use force lightning from all 4 limbs. Imagine it.
Okay, you got me there. stick out tongue All 4 of his lightsabers being red would've been awesome as well.

Still, I like how Grievous only wears a cape when he's not fighting (as opposed to Vader and Dooku). Well, in the movie at least.

True enough. I like to think that Palpatine got his handed to him fairly though.
Same here. I mean, if Palpatine was holding back, you'd think they would've made it a little more obvious. erm Every time I rewatched that fight scene, it looked to me like he had tried his hardest.
Maybe some people are just trying to downplay Mace's awesomeness.

You missed out! His super running then attack with four lightsabers was deadly! And more often than not knocked down another Hero. You didn't know you could do that on Tatooing too?? On the xbox version at least, that was the first "Good vs. Evil" battle there was, Kashyyyk was a DLC.
Vader and Palps were badass too wink
Oh..
I have the PS2 version, so perhaps there are some differences regarding that.

As for the last part, I know that much. stick out tongue
Will definitely have to look up the first bit sometime to see a video or something of it at least. laughing out loud

Yeah, that was a little messed with the lightning. I don't remember for sure because it has been so long, but could Vader, for whatever reason, use it too??
Yes, he could. I don't remember Vader saying anything when using it though, but when Fool Anakin used force lightening, you would hear Hayden Christensen's voice saying "Feel the dark side's power". laughing out loud

Yeah, I remember that. Good times.

dadudemon
I liked the first one, but it wasn't THAT great. I didn't like all the damn moves, though. I want to press just one button, and it does the move. (hot keys). I thought the moves got too complex/involved.

I liked the lightsaber customization, but the specials you could do to the lightsaber made little difference, especially at hard difficulty.

Nuh uh!

_-rP5iqx6T8

Best ending story to a Star Wars video game, IMO. big grin

Peach
Grievous is a terribly boring character.

And anyone who thinks that Palpatine didn't lie is covering their ears and pretending he doesn't exist. He was a politician and a Sith manipulating everything to his own ends. Everything he did was built on a web of lies.

General G

And anyone who thinks that Palpatine didn't lie is covering their ears and pretending he doesn't exist. He was a politician and a Sith manipulating everything to his own ends. Everything he did was built on a web of lies.

I haven't watched the first three movies in some time, but from what I can remember, he didn't really outright lie...but it sounds like you have some spots in mind, and I would be very glad if you could prove me wrong so I don't say such things in the future.

Nephthys
' I will use this power for the benefit of all the Republic's citizens! *goes and starts a galaxy spanning way for nothing but his own benefit*'

'I love democracy. *goes and copies the Third Reich*'

'You'll be safe on Mustafar. *Ends transmission* Go kill them for me Anakin, there's a good lad'

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by dadudemon
I know right? dur

Not anymore than Shaak Ti and all the others he owned.

Demonic Phoenix
Just a neat little thing, but I don't recall a time when Palps lied during the first three episodes. On screen at least stick out tongue

Dude...
His talent for deception was one of his biggest assets while building his Empire. While he may not have outright lied (I haven't watched the movies in years, so I cannot remember specific instances), like Peach stated, his position as the Chancellor and his Empire were built on deception and lies.

lol @ Fool Anakin being able to use force lightening (damnit DP, you got me into the habit of calling him Fool Anakin now stick out tongue).

Dammit, shoulda trademarked 'Fool Anakin' stick out tongue.

Okay, you got me there. stick out tongue All 4 of his lightsabers being red would've been awesome as well.

Still, I like how Grievous only wears a cape when he's not fighting (as opposed to Vader and Dooku). Well, in the movie at least.

Yeah, I don't know why he decided to use green and blue sabers instead of teh mega-awesome red ones (I think he had blue ones).

I don't really remember him wearing a cape >__>. Still, I don't know why he'd remove it, capes are kewl. Saber+Cape = WIN! & Red Saber+Cape = Mega WIN! 313.

Same here. I mean, if Palpatine was holding back, you'd think they would've made it a little more obvious. erm Every time I rewatched that fight scene, it looked to me like he had tried his hardest.
Maybe some people are just trying to downplay Mace's awesomeness.

I agree. Though I suppose while he fairly lost the Saber fight, he was holding back with the lightning? Since he wanted Anakin to fully turn and all that.

Damn Bastards!

Yes, he could. I don't remember Vader saying anything when using it though, but when Fool Anakin used force lightening, you would hear Hayden Christensen's voice saying "Feel the dark side's power". laughing out loud

Vader could use Force Lightning??? Wouldn't that destroy his armor?

Bollocks!

EDIT: "video-game." I suppose you are right.
Still, the ending sucked (well, at least the part where & how he killed Obi-Wan).

jaden101
You do realise he was the one who manipulated Anakin into killing Padme? He knew that the only thing that could have brought Anakin back from the darkside was his love for Padme. You can even see it in his smirk when he tells Vader that he killed her.

Ridley_Prime
Dammit, shoulda trademarked 'Fool Anakin' stick out tongue.
Haha, yeah. stick out tongue

Yeah, I don't know why he decided to use green and blue sabers instead of teh mega-awesome red ones (I think he had blue ones).
Yeah, he did. The blue and green lightsabers he had though were ones he took from Jedi he killed (I believe), but yes. It definitely would've been cooler if he had used some red sabers as well, if not all 4 of his sabers being mega-awesome red. stick out tongue

I don't really remember him wearing a cape >__>.
You don't? huh It was his custom attire that he wore around all the time when he wasn't fighting.

Still, I don't know why he'd remove it, capes are kewl. Saber+Cape = WIN! & Red Saber+Cape = Mega WIN! 313.
Agreed, but since Grievous uses two sabers at once (sometimes four), the cape would only hinder his movements in combat, methinks. That's probably why he took it off right before fighting Obi-wan (in his weaker state) in episode III.

I agree. Though I suppose while he fairly lost the Saber fight, he was holding back with the lightning? Since he wanted Anakin to fully turn and all that.

Damn Bastards!
Well, I guess it can be argued that he held back with the force lightening for the reasons you mentioned, but as far as Palpatine holding back during the lightsaber fight? No way. Mace beat him fair & square in that regard.

Vader could use Force Lightning??? Wouldn't that destroy his armor?
Only if force lightening was used against him, like it was as he picked up picked up Palpatine when he was about to kill Luke (hence Vader's abnormal breathing patterns afterward, before he died as Luke took his mask off).

Here's teh video of him using it in the game, at 2:48.

trPDEHjDMUM

On a side note, don't you think Luke's foolishness in episode V was probably inherited from Fool Anakin? laughing out loud It makes sense now that I think about it.
Luke tossing his lightsaber aside after taking down Vader (thus not having anything to defend himself against the Emperor) was also a dumbass move. xD

EDIT: "video-game." I suppose you are right.
Still, the ending sucked (well, at least the part where & how he killed Obi-Wan).
Yeah, and he would never really do there what he did to Sidious. Fool Anakin himself even admitted that he "needed" him in order to save Padme's life or whatever, so yeah. stick out tongue

General G
Dude...
His talent for deception was one of his biggest assets while building his Empire. While he may not have outright lied (I haven't watched the movies in years, so I cannot remember specific instances), like Peach stated, his position as the Chancellor and his Empire were built on deception and lies.

I appologise if that is what you took of it, because it is not quite what I meant. I am not denying the fact that he DID lie...just that it wasn't really shown in the movies. I mean, obviously he was a master of lies and deceit...he's a Sith Lord dealing with Jedi without anyone knowing! You just said my overall point to this: "while he may not have outright lied...". That is all I am saying. stick out tongue

' I will use this power for the benefit of all the Republic's citizens! *goes and starts a galaxy spanning way for nothing but his own benefit*'

'I love democracy. *goes and copies the Third Reich*'

'You'll be safe on Mustafar. *Ends transmission* Go kill them for me Anakin, there's a good lad'

He did what he felt was best for the citizens. I am pulling the 'opinion' card again. Clearly, others felt differently to his way of thinking stick out tongue

Again, I can't fully recall a time he said something about loving democracy, but if he did, which he very well could have, then that would be a time he lied.

lol safe in whose mind? stick out tongue It is safer for Palpatine for them to have stayed on Mustafar. I am stretching that one smile

Originally posted by jaden101
You do realise he was the one who manipulated Anakin into killing Padme? He knew that the only thing that could have brought Anakin back from the darkside was his love for Padme. You can even see it in his smirk when he tells Vader that he killed her.

When did he manipulate Anakin into killing her...? He did quite the opposite by saying if they worked together, they could save her...

Ridley_Prime
When did he manipulate Anakin into killing her...? He did quite the opposite by saying if they worked together, they could save her...
Still, that sinister smirk on the Emperor's face jaden mentioned when he told Vader that he killed her kinda implies otherwise...

General G
Still, that sinister smirk on the Emperor's face jaden mentioned when he told Vader that he killed her kinda implies otherwise...
I am not denying that either, I am sure Sids wanted Padme dead, whether he had to do it himself later on, or someone were able to do it. She would have just distracted Anakin in the long run. Which he wouldn't want. However, doesn't take away from the only thing I am trying to prove: Sids didn't really lie in the first three movies stick out tongue

Ms.Marvel
he didnt smirk when he told him he smirked when he saw vaders power when finally letting go completely into his rage. he atually had a super seriois face on when told him padme was dead. no expression

General G
he didnt smirk when he told him he smirked when he saw vaders power when finally letting go completely into his rage. he atually had a super seriois face on when told him padme was dead. no expression

Did he? I haven't seen the movie in a bit, so I couldn't recall the reason he smirked, just that he did smirk. Thanks for the clear up, it actually makes more sense now.

-Pr-
I am not denying that either, I am sure Sids wanted Padme dead, whether he had to do it himself later on, or someone were able to do it. She would have just distracted Anakin in the long run. Which he wouldn't want. However, doesn't take away from the only thing I am trying to prove: Sids didn't really lie in the first three movies stick out tongue

Star Wars Episode I, about an hour and 28 mins in:

Palpatine: Your majesty, if i am elected, i promise to put an end to corruption.

Pretty massive howler there.

Ridley_Prime
Did he? I haven't seen the movie in a bit
Same here, so I could be remembering wrong... I'll take your word for it as well then Ms. Marvel. stick out tongue

Ms.Marvel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xQQm_4FdEc

<3

General G

Palpatine: Your majesty, if i am elected, i promise to put an end to corruption.

Palpatine = Sith principles

Republic = Jedi principles

Jedi Principles to a Sith = Corrupt

General G
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xQQm_4FdEc

<3

Very good Ms. Marvel! Watched it and he is clearly smiling at Vader's power and that the mechanical limbs didn't make him totally useless! Thanks!

-Pr-

he corruped the senate. he tricked jar-jar in to voting for the clone army. that counts as corruption. stick out tongue

and don't forget his speech when given the executive powers. full of dirty lies!

General G
he corruped the senate. he tricked jar-jar in to voting for the clone army. that counts as corruption. stick out tongue

and don't forget his speech when given the executive powers. full of dirty lies!

He was only making it better according to him. LOL Palpatine can't be blamed that Jar-Jar can't think for himself!!

-Pr-
He was only making it better according to him. LOL Palpatine can't be blamed that Jar-Jar can't think for himself!!

so because he didn't believe he was lying, he wasn't lying? pretty thin ice, there...

General G
so because he didn't believe he was lying, he wasn't lying? pretty thin ice, there...

I think we are misunderstanding each other...

As I said here:

Palpatine is only going according to his Sith principles of making things better. Clearly, they are not in accordance to the Jedi's principles. Which is the whole reason there is a difference between the two factions. Palpatines way of getting rid of corruption in the Republic was by getting rid of the Jedi...

Peach
What? No he didn't, he did what he felt was best for him and his masterminding of the puppet strings. He didn't give a damn about the citizens, only gaining power and control himself.

He didn't care about corruption in the Senate (he caused most of it), or making life better for people in the galaxy (he made it a lot worse for most of them, by establishing an Empire that was notoriously xenophobic and sexist). He only cared for himself and his plans to establish himself as the ruler of the galaxy.

General Kaliero
Seriously. Palpatine was evil. A master of deceit and manipulation. Essentially everything he says is part of his ploy for personal power, and all the events of the Prequels are wrought by him.

General G
What? No he didn't, he did what he felt was best for him and his masterminding of the puppet strings. He didn't give a damn about the citizens, only gaining power and control himself.

He didn't care about corruption in the Senate (he caused most of it), or making life better for people in the galaxy (he made it a lot worse for most of them, by establishing an Empire that was notoriously xenophobic and sexist). He only cared for himself and his plans to establish himself as the ruler of the galaxy.

Yes, he did...He may not have cared dearly for the citizens...but he couldn't have a completely uninhabitable galaxy for the citizens to live in, there must be law, must be order. His law. His order. As you just said, he wanted power for himself. If there were no citizens...there really isn't much power he is going to have, now is there? He would be ruler of what? Nothing. No power. So, yes, he did care (in his own Sith way) for the citizens in that they were his key to having more power.

Edit: Your edit: You're moving into the next three movies. Stick with the first three.

Peach
Yeah, he cared so much for the citizens of the galaxy...which is why he started a war that killed countless numbers, happily manipulated everyone around him, slaughtered all of the Jedi, and enslaved non-humans.

Yup, he cared for them so damn much, I can't even believe it.

...did you watch the same movies we did, btw?

General G
Yeah, he cared so much for the citizens of the galaxy...which is why he started a war that killed countless numbers, happily manipulated everyone around him, slaughtered all of the Jedi, and enslaved non-humans.

Yup, he cared for them so damn much, I can't even believe it.

...did you watch the same movies we did, btw?

This is absolutley ridiculous...

You are going around in circles, I have addressed the majority of these things you are bringing up. I figured you would at least be getting the POINT I was trying to make, but you are missing that too.

There is nothing to respond to in that post.

General Kaliero
This is absolutley ridiculous...

You are going around in circles, I have addressed the majority of these things you are bringing up. I figured you would at least be getting the POINT I was trying to make, but you are missing that too.

There is nothing to respond to in that post.
And that point was..?

Simple fact is the dude's an evil manipulative bastard. He lied his heart out and cared for no one as anything more than a pawn for his power.

General G
Originally posted by General Kaliero
And that point was..?

Simple fact is the dude's an evil manipulative bastard. He lied his heart out and cared for no one as anything more than a pawn for his power.

Point (as stressed in previous posts): During Episodes 1-3, Palpatine (a.k.a. Darth Sidious) made no outright lies onscreen.

General Kaliero
Point (as stressed in previous posts): During Episodes 1-3, Palpatine (a.k.a. Darth Sidious) made no outright lies onscreen.
I dissent, with a single scene.

His shameless, lying groveling at Windu's feet when he was momentarily at Mace's mercy.

Peach
Or how about his statements about the Jedi plotting to overthrow the Republic, to both Anakin and the Senate.

Fact of the matter is that Palpatine was a seasoned liar, his base of power was built on his lies, and he did outright lie many a time.

General G

His shameless, lying groveling at Windu's feet when he was momentarily at Mace's mercy.

Thank you! For some reason, I had not thought of that scene! Honestly, I appreciate it.

General Kaliero
You're quite welcome, sir.

the.kenzo

Point, Set and Match!

SaTsuJiN
both are so very similar though
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_Code
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Code_of_the_Sith

one primal, one preventative.. but both intervene and cause change for their own benefit

BoratBorat
Point (as stressed in previous posts): During Episodes 1-3, Palpatine (a.k.a. Darth Sidious) made no outright lies onscreen. You clearly watched the prequels for special effects then.

Remember how the fart bag kept hinting to anakin that plagueis could restore someone to life blah blah blah and that his apprentice learned everything blah blah and then palpatine telling anakin he can save padme when in the end he told vader they needed to work together to find the secret?

Sounds like a lie to me.

Ridley_Prime
You clearly watched the prequels for special effects then.

Remember how the fart bag kept hinting to anakin that plagueis could restore someone to life blah blah blah and that his apprentice learned everything blah blah and then palpatine telling anakin he can save padme when in the end he told vader they needed to work together to find the secret?

Sounds like a lie to me.
Regarding the part where Palpatine said that Darth Plagueis taught his apprentice everything he knew and that he was killed by him in his sleep... I thought Palpatine was that apprentice for some reason, but it could just be speculation/over-analyzing on my part. Was it ever said/revealed in the EU or anything on who that said apprentice was, or does it still remain a mystery?

Just curious.

General Kaliero
Yes, Rid, Palpatine was Plagueis' apprentice. The story is, in all likelihood, mostly if not complete truth, simply told in the third person.

jaden101
Which was a lie. Just like he manipulated Dooku knowing that he would eventually have him killed. Just like he lied to Padme so that she would deliver a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Velorum in EpI under the guise that he would find a peaceful solution to the stand off at Naboo. Just like he lied to the seperatist leaders before having Vader kill them all on Mustafar.

As well as countless other time that he lied via words of actions throughout the prequel trilogy.

Do you genuinely think he would ever have let Vader have a relationship based on love?

No...He's clearly smiling at the fact that Vader is finally fully unleashing his hatred and anger. (If I remember correctly Padme is still giving birth after Vader is suited up meaning she's still alive meaning that Sidious is lieing in order to make Vader let go of her)

General G
You clearly watched the prequels for special effects then.

Sounds like a lie to me.

Right. You just must know the reason why I watched the first three movies, besides the fact that my favourite movie from the series is in the OT. But you're right. Obviously.

...and wasn't this discussion over? GK pointed out a time that Palpatine unquestionably lied. I am wondering why people are still bringing it up?

General G

Do you genuinely think he would ever have let Vader have a relationship based on love?

No...He's clearly smiling at the fact that Vader is finally fully unleashing his hatred and anger. (If I remember correctly Padme is still giving birth after Vader is suited up meaning she's still alive meaning that Sidious is lieing in order to make Vader let go of her)

However, I must addres this because it made me chuckle...

I can tell that you haven't read any of my posts because if you had, then you would know that I specifically said that I knew Palps wouldn't have allowed it, one way or another.

And for the second part...did you really say anything differently than I did? I am not quite sure which of my interpretation you are disagreeing with. But I know not to take you seriously in the future.

BoratBorat
Right. You just must know the reason why I watched the first three movies, besides the fact that my favourite movie from the series is in the OT. But you're right. Obviously.

...and wasn't this discussion over? GK pointed out a time that Palpatine unquestionably lied. I am wondering why people are still bringing it up? Because by the time i read that you conceded, it was too late to edit ma post.

Ms.Marvel

you remember wrong shes already dead at that point yes

Demonic Phoenix

Yeah, he did. The blue and green lightsabers he had though were ones he took from Jedi he killed (I believe), but yes. It definitely would've been cooler if he had used some red sabers as well, if not all 4 of his sabers being mega-awesome red. stick out tongue

Right, you're right about the blue and green sabers.
Well, blue is still my favorite color, though for some reason, red sabers are cooler IMO. Probably because I cannot remember seeing a double bladed green/blue saber in the movies stick out tongue.

You don't? huh It was his custom attire that he wore around all the time when he wasn't fighting.

Not really. 'Small' details such as those have been forgotten on my part, as it's been quite some time since I last watched any movie from the PT or the OT.

Agreed, but since Grievous uses two sabers at once (sometimes four), the cape would only hinder his movements in combat, methinks. That's probably why he took it off right before fighting Obi-wan (in his weaker state) in episode III.

Makes sense. He should have tried using it as a distraction against opponents though mmm

Well, I guess it can be argued that he held back with the force lightening for the reasons you mentioned, but as far as Palpatine holding back during the lightsaber fight? No way. Mace beat him fair & square in that regard.

I agree. Did they have any non-canon endings in the SWIII game where Mace doesn't get cheap-shotted?

On a side note, don't you think Luke's foolishness in episode V was probably inherited from Fool Anakin? laughing out loud It makes sense now that I think about it.
Luke tossing his lightsaber aside after taking down Vader (thus not having anything to defend himself against the Emperor) was also a dumbass move. xD

You know what they say, like Father, like Son stick out tongue.
He was probably hoping his father would jump in and try to protect him, though that possibility seems stupid since Vader had lost one of his hands.

Yeah, and he would never really do there what he did to Sidious. Fool Anakin himself even admitted that he "needed" him in order to save Padme's life or whatever, so yeah. stick out tongue

Exactly, the whole ending reeked of PIS. Though I suppose since after he killed Obi-Wan and all, he wouldn't care about anything or anyone. He also thought Padme had betrayed him iirc.

I appologise if that is what you took of it, because it is not quite what I meant. I am not denying the fact that he DID lie...just that it wasn't really shown in the movies. I mean, obviously he was a master of lies and deceit...he's a Sith Lord dealing with Jedi without anyone knowing! You just said my overall point to this: "while he may not have outright lied...". That is all I am saying. stick out tongue

Ahh, fair enough, my apologies.
It was mainly due to the fact that I couldn't remember specific instances of him lying outright, as I pointed out. Meh, GK's given you an example anyway, though I must admit, I liked your explanation of the first corruption point from -Pr- (Jedi's being corrupt in the eyes of the Sith). From that standpoint, it counts as deception.

Ridley_Prime
Yes, Rid, Palpatine was Plagueis' apprentice. The story is, in all likelihood, mostly if not complete truth, simply told in the third person.
Ah, I see.

Thanks for the clarification!

Right, you're right about the blue and green sabers.
Well, blue is still my favorite color, though for some reason, red sabers are cooler IMO. Probably because I cannot remember seeing a double bladed green/blue saber in the movies stick out tongue.
Yeah, though I did see some dual-lightsabers used by Jedi in episode III (the game) that were blue & green (mostly green).

Not really. 'Small' details such as those have been forgotten on my part, as it's been quite some time since I last watched any movie from the PT or the OT.
Oh, okay. Fair enough.

Makes sense. He should have tried using it as a distraction against opponents though mmm
Heh. I guess I agree there. laughing out loud

I agree. Did they have any non-canon endings in the SWIII game where Mace doesn't get cheap-shotted?
Unfortunately, no. sad Really wish they had now that ya mention it...

You know what they say, like Father, like Son stick out tongue.
He was probably hoping his father would jump in and try to protect him, though that possibility seems stupid since Vader had lost one of his hands.
I know right? stick out tongue Besides, isn't tossing your lightsaber aside like that against the Jedi code or something? I remember Obi-wan telling Fool Anakin in episode II that "This weapon is your life" and stuff like that, and he replied saying "I try master", or something like that. xD

Exactly, the whole ending reeked of PIS. Though I suppose since after he killed Obi-Wan and all, he wouldn't care about anything or anyone. He also thought Padme had betrayed him iirc.
Oh yeah.. I suppose you're right.

That said, even for an alternate ending, it was pretty nonsensical. laughing out loud

dadudemon

Palpatine made a massive empire, got ride of all the other corrupt politicians...etc.

So he told da troof.

General G
Ahh, fair enough, my apologies.
It was mainly due to the fact that I couldn't remember specific instances of him lying outright, as I pointed out. Meh, GK's given you an example anyway, though I must admit, I liked your explanation of the first corruption point from -Pr- (Jedi's being corrupt in the eyes of the Sith). From that standpoint, it counts as deception.

No worries, no need to appologise, that's why I explained what i meant a little more clearly stick out tongue And yes, I am glad he could give me one, because I honestly couldn't think of one! I am glad you liked my explanation of Jedi/Sith corrupt part!

CadoAngelus
Just saw the trailer. Nice and simple. Not too much given away. It's juicy.

I loved TFU, because it was a new take on something so mysterious to anyone who's ever seen star wars - The Force.

It does beg the question how Starkiller survived, but i'm sure that a reasonable explanation will be given.

Phanteros
I bet they going to pull a Fallout 3 out of their asses.

Ushgarak
Palpatine made a massive empire, got ride of all the other corrupt politicians...etc.

So he told da troof.

No he didn't; the Empire was just as corrupt as what came before.

This idea that, from Palpatine's POV, the Jedi are corrupt is in error. He doesn't have a relatavistic view on corruption. He simply DESIRES a corrupt system- he needed it to be that way.

It doesn't do to overcomplicate Star Wars. Corruption helped kill the Republic, buit Palpatine was at the heart of that.

So yes, that was an out and out lie of his to say he would put an end to corruption (and even if you play the 'relativity' card, it's still a deliberate attempt to deceive the listener; trying to weasle out like that would be to miss the point of what a lie is).

-

The game is so totally out of whack with canon anyway, who cares how they bring him back?

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Ushgarak
The game is so totally out of whack with canon anyway, who cares how they bring him back?
True I guess... *sigh*

General G

This idea that, from Palpatine's POV, the Jedi are corrupt is in error. He doesn't have a relatavistic view on corruption. He simply DESIRES a corrupt system- he needed it to be that way.

It doesn't do to overcomplicate Star Wars. Corruption helped kill the Republic, buit Palpatine was at the heart of that.

So yes, that was an out and out lie of his to say he would put an end to corruption (and even if you play the 'relativity' card, it's still a deliberate attempt to deceive the listener; trying to weasle out like that would be to miss the point of what a lie is).

I respectfully disagree. smile

As long as it is not too farfetched (by Star Wars standards!), then I will be happy with it! However...even if it is...I guess it won't make much of a difference. stick out tongue

MadMel
true - tfu is about the gameplay, and beating down enemies with fancy timed action sequences stick out tongue

dadudemon

No, it was much less corrupt. Corruption was more concentrated among individuals instead of a vast Republic from many of the politicians. I'm referring to the getting rid of many corrupt politicians and substituting for one corrupt individual. How is that not getting rid of a massive amount of political corruption?

No matter what I say, you will not agree. I know how it is with you. I won't post on this topic again 'cause it will lead to a warning or a ban.

CadoAngelus

-

it's true, palpatines actions throughout the saga were all planned to the tee, apart from his demise (though if you believe Dark Empire then he even forsaw his demise). but corruption is purely subjective, all politicians that are seen as corrupt by "the people" truely believe they are doing what they do for the "greater good"...it just so happens that to a particular audience, they're doing the wrong thing

One Free Man
I see this as competition for god of war 3.

Demonic Phoenix

Yeah, though I did see some dual-lightsabers used by Jedi in episode III (the game) that were blue & green (mostly green).

RLY? Meh, I never played the games, so yeah stick out tongue.
Gr3n sucks. Invisible Light-sabers FTW hmm.

Heh. I guess I agree there. laughing out loud

Yeah, I mean against the Jedi he pwnd, he could have taunted them near the end by imitating a Matador laughing out loud (You know what a Matador is right?)

I know right? stick out tongue Besides, isn't tossing your lightsaber aside like that against the Jedi code or something? I remember Obi-wan telling Fool Anakin in episode II that "This weapon is your life" and stuff like that, and he replied saying "I try master", or something like that. xD

Hehe, I told you, I don't remember small tidbits including quotes like those ones embarrasment...damn, I really need to re-watch them.

Luke's just that damn good stick out tongue.

Oh yeah.. I suppose you're right.
That said, even for an alternate ending, it was pretty nonsensical. laughing out loud

Yeah. I don't know why they decided to change the size of Obi-Wan's LS. That was lulzy. Did it run out of power or something >__>?

So he told da troof.

He did not put an 'end to corruption' as he stated. Instead, he removed from power the organizations and individuals he viewed as corrupt. It's a half-truth or deception.

dadudemon
He did not put an 'end to corruption' as he stated. Instead, he removed from power the organizations and individuals he viewed as corrupt. It's a half-truth or deception.

He certainly removed the existing corruption from the current politicians in an oh-so literal way. Which was my point.

True that it is a half-truth.

We could go a little further and claim that since it was deceptive, it was a lie. But, he really did clean house and get rid of the corrupt politicians. On the whole, there was less corruption in the empire, as well. It was more concentrated.

Demonic Phoenix
He certainly removed the existing corruption from the current politicians in an oh-so literal way. Which was my point.

True that it is a half-truth.

We could go a little further and claim that since it was deceptive, it was a lie. But, he really did clean house and get rid of the corrupt politicians. On the whole, there was less corruption in the empire, as well. It was more concentrated.

Ahh, fair enough. You had put 'told the truth' so I assumed you thought Palpatine wasn't using deception in any way. My bad.

Deception doesn't always boil down to lies. Using half-truths counts as deception ya' know.
Though I understand and agree with with your point of view, Palpatine as the tyrannical ruler of the Empire was far more corrupt than any other organization or person had been on their own. In essence, he was the galaxy, metaphorically speaking of course.

EDIT: By any chance, is that the full quote?

dadudemon
Ahh, fair enough. You had put 'told the truth' so I assumed you thought Palpatine wasn't using deception in any way. My bad.

Deception doesn't always boil down to lies. Using half-truths counts as deception ya' know.
Though I understand and agree with with your point of view, Palpatine as the tyrannical ruler of the Empire was far more corrupt than any other organization or person had been on their own. In essence, he was the galaxy, metaphorically speaking of course.

EDIT: By any chance, is that the full quote?

Oh, okay. In that case, I agree. Let me rephrase what you stated to make sure I've read you properly:

The set of "All lies" are "deceptions", but not all "deceptions" are "lies". Is that what you're saying.

Ridley_Prime
RLY? Meh, I never played the games, so yeah stick out tongue.
Gr3n sucks. Invisible Light-sabers FTW hmm.
If they're invisible, that would kinda kill the fun for me. >.>

Yeah, I mean against the Jedi he pwnd, he could have taunted them near the end by imitating a Matador laughing out loud (You know what a Matador is right?)
Yeah. stick out tongue

Hehe, I told you, I don't remember small tidbits including quotes like those ones embarrasment...damn, I really need to re-watch them.
That definitely wouldn't hurt at this point, or watching Mortal Kombat Conquest too if you're bored enough/have enough time. stick out tongue

Luke's just that damn good stick out tongue.
Or he's just that damn stupid. mmm Maybe not as much as Fool Anakin, but still pretty foolish at times nonetheless..
A Jedi tossing his lightsaber aside when defying the Emperor has got to be one of the dumbest moves made in the entire saga.

Yoda himself even said to Luke "Do not underestimate the powers of the Emperor, or suffer your father's fate, you will". Discarding his LS looked to me as though he was underestimating the Emperor...
Foolish Luke. Damn you for inheriting the stupidness of Fool Anakin and nearly getting yourself killed doing so!
stick out tongue

Yeah. I don't know why they decided to change the size of Obi-Wan's LS. That was lulzy. Did it run out of power or something >__>?
Your powers are weak old man.

Oh wait. Too soon for that. laughing

CadoAngelus
I just realized, I've spent god knows how much money on Microsoft Points to buy the DLC for TFU1, only to be told 2 months after the Tatooine DLC that TFUUSE will contain content not even available to people that bought the original version.

Is there any chance the content will become DLC given enough fan/customer outrage!?

FFS George Lucus, you're people have ****ed up again!

Ridley_Prime
lol I'll say. >_>

Makes me all the more glad I didn't expose myself much to the first TFU... The Super Star Wars Trilogy, Shadows of the Empire (N64), Rogue Squadron games, Battlefront games, and what not are still the only real Star Wars games as far as I'm concerned, not any of this 'garystu starkiller' crap.

Kazenji

Makes me all the more glad I didn't expose myself much to the first TFU... The Super Star Wars Trilogy, Shadows of the Empire (N64), Rogue Squadron games, Battlefront games, and what not are still the only real Star Wars games as far as I'm concerned, not any of this 'garystu starkiller' crap.

WHy not the Jedi Knight Games?

dadudemon
Originally posted by CadoAngelus
I just realized, I've spent god knows how much money on Microsoft Points to buy the DLC for TFU1, only to be told 2 months after the Tatooine DLC that TFUUSE will contain content not even available to people that bought the original version.

Is there any chance the content will become DLC given enough fan/customer outrage!?

FFS George Lucus, you're people have ****ed up again!

laughing

You didn't use enough initialisms in your post.

Ridley_Prime
WHy not the Jedi Knight Games?
Oh yeah. Those ones too, as long as it's not TFU or its sequel.

IMO anyway.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>