Starkiller lives?! WTF!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ares834
Yep apparently Galen the Gary Stu Marek survives the force unleashed...
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/star-wars-spike-tv/59816

BoratBorat
Oh god. Between bane and galen, i cant think whose more gary stuish.

Bladewind
Awesome trailer. I want to see more! big grin

Weltall
Bane, easily.

Not only is he vastly powerful (displaying a greater learning rate and a higher level of realised power than Marek) but he's also among the most intelligent characters in the mythos.

mattatom
Fierfek!

BoratBorat
Originally posted by Weltall
Bane, easily.

Not only is he vastly powerful (displaying a greater learning rate and a higher level of realised power than Marek) but he's also among the most intelligent characters in the mythos. You must love drew karpyshyn then seeing he created your favourite bane.

What made you so interested in him? Do you have fetishs for very tall, large and bald muscular men?

Weltall
yes

BoratBorat
Then go look up ronnie coleman, he would make you cream your pants because he is even larger than bane smile

darthbanelives
i really don't understand how galen lived...if anyone finds out anything let me know. as far as bane being gary stuish, he just got taken down a notch by drew k, who apparently says zannah was the new dark lord, and bane lost the battle of wills. its all on his website.

Dr McBeefington
I think these people are really broke, otherwise it makes no sense for a part 2.

darthbanelives
they must be broke, or freakin retarded. the guy dies twice in the game, and they are bringing him back again! ,might as well make him the new chosen

Darth_Glentract
^amen.

Him surviving is probably the gayest thing ever though.

ares834
Well if they let Vader kill him this time around I think I'll let it slide.

Samurai100
I think he will be trained by yoda sometime in the game

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by BoratBorat
Oh god. Between bane and galen, i cant think whose more gary stuish.

Ehm, Revan?

darthbanelives
i'm just interested in what they'll pull out of their butts to make the story work....kinda scares me.

Ms.Marvel
why are people saying theyre retarded for making this? the first game made oodles of cash and was general well recieved by critics. the majority of star wars fans aka the not hardcore ones who care about canon are going to buy up the sequel and its expansion just like they did the first one and thats money int he bank!

if i were la id pop out as many retarded sw games as possible. ermm

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
why are people saying theyre retarded for making this? the first game made oodles of cash and was general well recieved by critics. the majority of star wars fans aka the not hardcore ones who care about canon are going to buy up the sequel and its expansion just like they did the first one and thats money int he bank!

"People" are saying that they are retarded for making a sequel because the previous one ended the story so absolutely: Starkiller died. From a storytelling point of view it cheapens his death.

(But yes, from an economic perspective it makes perfect sense. It is just that there are a lot of people for whom Star Wars was an important part of their childhood that don't want more travesties like the Clone Wars movie.)

Slash_KMC

There is more to it than just making money.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
There is more to it than just making money. Yeah. It's not about money... It's about making a shitload of money.

But seriously, Lucas is a whore. There's no more accurate word for it. I mean there's selling your product, and then there's degrading it with all this... merchandising to the point that you've become nothing but a fat, f*cking, whore.

Nephthys
What's wrong with being a whore? I mean, are you a bizilionaire? Seems to me Lucas may be on the something.

Lord Lucien
Yeah, he's perfected the art of whoring out your idea and your name in order to increase your already over-inflated wallet, all at the cost of the loyalty and appreciation of your fanbase.

BoratBorat
Sounds like microsoft.

Lord Lucien
I smell a conspiracy.

MasterAshenVor
o.o THE HECK! SIDIOUS AND VADER WERE LOOKING AT HIS DANG DEAD BODY!!! I mean this is cool but still WTF!? there is NO WAY he could still be alive.

Ms.Marvel
who cares about the fanbase when you have money? no expression

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Yeah. It's not about money... It's about making a shitload of money.

But seriously, Lucas is a whore. There's no more accurate word for it. I mean there's selling your product, and then there's degrading it with all this... merchandising to the point that you've become nothing but a fat, f*cking, whore.

Yup. He was good when he made episodes 4, 5, and 6, now he's just greedy.

BoratBorat
who cares about the fanbase when you have money? no expression They have enough money no expression

Galen marek = epic fail.

Slash_KMC
who cares about the fanbase when you have money? no expression

A lot of people actually. Although the movie industry fails more at caring about their fanbase than the music industry does.

Samurai100
For once they give a character a great, symbolic death and now they ruin it by ressurecting him

Hybris
Who said that he's alive?

Peach
Well, the fact that you quite clearly see him in the video tends to lend credence to him being alive, despite the fact that he had a rather definitive death in the end of the first game.

I wonder what sort of plothole/magical hand-wave they'll come up with to explain this one. SW isn't exactly known for keeping their continuities straight, but this is ridiculous even for that.

Hybris
The fact that you hear Yoda saying "Death is a natural part of life" would make me believe that he's in some sort of state of limbo... some kind of purgatory...

darthbanelives
a purgatory with rancors and other giant beast? maybe, but i doubt it. i don't think there'd be people cheering everywhere too, unless its all his imagination.

Nephthys
Well he doesn't look like he's at his sanist right now. Not withh hearing voices and such...... especially when he's never actually met one of them.

Darth_Glentract
Maybe its from before the final battle in the first game...?

Lord Lucien
They're gonna create an entire game set during the events of the last game, and still use the same character. They're bastards, but that's borderline retarded, even for them.

$10 it's a clone or his long lost secret apprentice brother. Explains the two sabers.

Darth_Glentract
The clone idea makes sense. Maybe Sidious saw the potential in him and wanted to use him to eventually replace Vader.

edit* There must be something wrong with using a clone as an apprentice though. I know Joruus tried it, but he was insane. Otherwise, Sidious would have just made a clone of Vader.

Lord Lucien
But then the clone ran away and joined the circus Light Side.

Major Valerian
As far as explaining goes, the purgatory idea seems like the less retarded (still retarded). But they'll probably come up with the most retarded idea and use it anyway.

The saddest thing is that I'm actually going to buy this game. no expression

Alkaselzer
Maybe he's a zombie?

Slash_KMC
Meh, I didn't even buy the first Force Unleashed, so I probably won't buy this one either.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Alkaselzer
Maybe he's a zombie?
Who isn't a Zombie, really?

Samurai100
Its probably going t turn out that he is revan reborn

truejedi
or bane reborn. (wait, i forgot, actually sidious is already bane.) can bane be sidious and marek at the same time?

Samurai100
in the game maybe he kills sidious and takes on his appearanc
probably not going to happen but you can never be sure

BoratBorat
Do you think sidious might actually be bane?

Darth_Glentract
There is like no way. We already know Zannah won the battle of wills. Granted, she inherited some traits, but the knowledge of the essence transfer was almost certainly lost.

truejedi
now,i can't say, because i haven't read it yet, but Glentract, you seem to be the first person who has read it who said that Bane LOST the battle of wills. Everyone else seems to think he won it.

Autokrat
http://www.drewkarpyshyn.com/spoiler.htm

REXXXX
On topic, folks.

And what the hell, Lucasarts...

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by truejedi
now,i can't say, because i haven't read it yet, but Glentract, you seem to be the first person who has read it who said that Bane LOST the battle of wills. Everyone else seems to think he won it.

Yeah most people disagreed with what I was saying. Karpyshyn confirmed basically exactly what I had said though.

truejedi
is karpshyn the author? (stupid of me to ask questions i could answer with a simple google search, but this makes it more like a conversation...)

REXXXX
Originally posted by REXXXX
On topic, folks.

Go talk about Bane in a Bane-related thread. This is for discussing what the hell Lucasarts was thinking when they decided to greenlight this project...

mattatom
is karpshyn the author? (stupid of me to ask questions i could answer with a simple google search, but this makes it more like a conversation...) Yes, Drew Karpyshyn.

chilled monkey
I'd have much prefered it if they'd made a movie rather than a second game.

I'm sure the game will be great, but "The Force Unleashed: The Movie" would be incredible!

truejedi
2 questions: Did Gizka ever finish the ending to KOTOR 2?

second:

Did anyone like Star Wars: Empire at war?

mattatom
No idea

and

Yes.

truejedi
what did you like about EAW? I played it for about a week, and it is still sitting on a shelf someplace. I could never get into it.

truejedi
kotor 3. i want it so badly. those were the best games star wars ever had with the possible exception of Jedi Knight.

Nephthys
I prefer Jedi Knight. Academy became ridiculously awesome towards the end. No other game can have you brutally cut down a jedi, backflip over his charging partner then force push him over into the canyon in front of him before he even turns around. Or gives you the thrill of personally duelling (really duelling) 4 enemies at once and triumphing. Man, now I wanna play.

Major Valerian
Yes, Jedi Academy was phuckin' awesome. I actually expected TFU to be similar.

mattatom
Agreed, though, I did really enjoy Star Wars Starfighter and Star Wars Jedi Starfighter as well. Not many friends of mine enjoyed them but I thought it was a brilliant change of pace.

REXXXX
Really, on topic, folks. If you want to make a Star Wars video game thread, please do so! But this is intended for speculating about why the hell Starkiller still exists...

BoratBorat
Please rex your a mod, please do something about the shit storm and ban galen marek from the SW universe.

One Free Man
Really, on topic, folks. If you want to make a Star Wars video game thread, please do so! But this is intended for speculating about why the hell Starkiller still exists... said thread already exists.

Galen Marek still exists because luke-ass arts thought that there was alot of untapped money potential in tfu and if they did it again and did it better, they could make more money.

Unfortunately, like so many "2"s by lucasfilm, its going to be glitchy and unfinished. *sigh*

truejedi
Really, on topic, folks. If you want to make a Star Wars video game thread, please do so! But this is intended for speculating about why the hell Starkiller still exists...
sorry rex, i didn't see your on topics urgings on page 3 before posting about the video games.

And my guess is that this might be a story about Galen Marek before the events of TFU. just a guess.

chilled monkey
Please rex your a mod, please do something about the shit storm and ban galen marek from the SW universe.

Why? Galen Marek is awesome!

But this is intended for speculating about why the hell Starkiller still exists...

My guess; the game shows his adventures in the afterlife, i.e. he doesn't realise he's dead and throughout the game he struggles to overcome his dark past. At the end, when he lays all his demons to rest he's able to move on.

Nephthys
My personal guess and how I would pull this one outta my ass would be to say that Marek's Kamikaze blast at the end wasn't what we thought it was and was instead some kind of wormhole or something. But maybe he couldn't control it so thats why hes stranded and/or batshit crazy now.

REXXXX
It could be plausible that it is pre-TFU events, like a prequel of sorts... but I find it more plausible that it is a sequel and that it takes place afterward.

SIDIOUS 66
I thought the next game was non-canon or something? I thought it was like "what if" kinda thing, like how it would be like if he were to take Vader's place as Palpaine's apprentice.

EDIT: Ok, I watched the video, and my thoughts were wrong.

REXXXX
Yeah, that was the TFU Ultimate Edition or whatever.

Major Valerian
The Ultimate Sith Edition was a good idea. Non-canon, doesn't piss off the fans, but still fun and enjoyable.

Staying on topic, I seriously hope they come up with some sort of massive and believable explanation for TFU 2.

Samurai100
I wonder what that huge beast was it made the rancor look like an ant

mattatom
King Kong on steroids.

Nephthys
Well there was a mutated Rancor in Academy. It may be a mutant.

One Free Man
they might be trying to compete with the bad-ass involved in GOWIII. and failing. srsly, pick 5 minutes of game-play from the hand held version of god of war and it is more bad-ass than anything tfu could ever come up with.

Ms.Marvel
theyre the same game with a different skin. ermm

same with devil may cry and dantes inferno.

cherrypieluva50
there was 2 possible ending in SWTFU

1. dying at the hands of palpatine
2. killing vader...then becoming palpatines new right hand man

NEITHER ONE OF THESE would work with what i can see going on in the trailer.

Anakin4Ever

What made you so interested in him? Do you have fetishs for very tall, large and bald muscular men?

lol

D-FENS
2 questions: Did Gizka ever finish the ending to KOTOR 2?

second:

Did anyone like Star Wars: Empire at war? Sorry to go off topic, REX, but while I'm here;

1. Nope, from what Ive heard, there's only one guy working on it now, however, there is another mod that is complete and is called the TSL Restored Content mod, however, there are things that are missing from it that the TSLRP was working on, and a couple of things that were added that they weren't working on.

2. Don't know. Never bought it.

Same with both TFUs, however, I'm reserving judgment on TFU2 until I have a clear picture of what it's about.

BoratBorat
Originally posted by D-FENS

Same with both TFUs, however, I'm reserving judgment on TFU2 until I have a clear picture of what it's about. Its about starkiller sucking c0ck.

Starkiller = Starwanker.

mattatom
Imaginitive.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.