Classic Jean Grey vs Classic Emma Frost

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Glorificus
Now, these are classic versions - Hellfire club Emma, and Jean Grey PRIOR to ever meeting and bonding with that infernal bird and becoming some flaming harpy.

Only feats from those periods of time apply. Who wins this psychic battle?

wammamram
jean grey all day

Wei Phoenix
Emma rapes.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Glorificus
PRIOR to ever meeting and bonding with that infernal bird and becoming some flaming harpy.

UXM 1-66 & 94-99?

If that's the case we're talking an actual stomping by the White Queen.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
UXM 1-66 & 94-99?

If that's the case we're talking an actual stomping by the White Queen.

Hey are you and/or Charlotte going to revamp Emma's respect thread anytime soon?

redhotrash
Jean wins, classic Emma wasnt omega level.

TheKahn
When did it say on panel that Emma is an Omega? Was it recent? confused

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by TheKahn
When did it say on panel that Emma is an Omega? Was it recent? confused

Yeah... *cough cough* Fraction...

TheKahn
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Yeah... *cough cough* Fraction...

I know he said it in an interview, but I was wondering if it has been said on panel.

redhotrash
Emma basically woke up one morning and decided she was on Xavier's level. One of the many reasons Marvel comics are losing credibility with me (for all thats worth)

Snail-Poo
Jean wins.

Fraction wank Emma Frost and Pixie to no ends. Pixie is the next Omega Level, im calling it.

redhotrash
Isnt she just a wannabe Blink or am I remembering wrong?

Snail-Poo
Originally posted by redhotrash
Isnt she just a wannabe Blink or am I remembering wrong?

She wasn't at first, then Fraction gave her HAX teleportation like Blink

StiltmanFTW
I know he said it in an interview, but I was wondering if it has been said on panel.

Yes, it's been stated... by Xavier himself.

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/3664/uncannyxmen518004.th.jpg

TheKahn

thanks thumb up

Snail-Poo

Omega Class Telepathy is different from being and Omega Level Mutant.....is it?

TheKahn
Originally posted by Snail-Poo
Omega Class Telepathy is different from being and Omega Level Mutant.....is it?

No that I'm aware of, but Marvel's writers tend to cock-up the Omega-level classification (ie saying Vulcan was above Omega-level which already means having unlimited potential) erm

Mshinu
Fack, so it`s true mad

StiltmanFTW
thanks thumb up

You're welcome.

Originally posted by Mshinu
Fack, so it`s true mad

The Age of Fraction, man. The Age of Fraction. Damage done to X-Universe will be irreversible soon sad

Wei Phoenix

Emma wins, Jean doesn't have a cosmic entity to fall back on.

-Pr-
depends entirely on what they mean by Classic Jean, imo...

Charlotte DeBel
Non-Phoenix Jean loses, the first incarnation of Phoenix eats Ems for breakfast... IMO.

ExodusCloak

You do know that Fraction isn't the first writer to have Xavier say Emma Frost is the same class telepath as himself and Jean Grey (Post the PF BS) on two different occasions.

I mean you could jump on the I hate Fraction bandwagon since he is the current writer of Uncanny and all that BUT if you're that distraught about it you should be blaming Claremont and Lobdell cause they stated it on panel. And if you want Morrison cause he said it in an interview. Oh and don't forget Carey. Emma has always been playing in the same league as Charles I mean the whole point to her was that she was created as his foil.

gogogadgetgo
white queen and pretty handily

Charlotte DeBel
An addition to what you've posted, Wolverine #46
http://img204.imageshack.us/i/wolverine46017do8.jpg/
http://img57.imageshack.us/i/wolverine46018pv1.jpg/

Level 10 TP user, in the same tier as Xavier (="omega level telepath" by Fraction's classification; "omega level telepath" meaning "top tier telepath", and having nothing to do with parallel mutant classification (and thus "turning-into-abstract-potential" stuff), I believe non-mutants such as Classic Moondragon can be named omega level telepaths as well.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
An addition to what you've posted, Wolverine #46
http://img204.imageshack.us/i/wolverine46017do8.jpg/
http://img57.imageshack.us/i/wolverine46018pv1.jpg/

Level 10 TP user, in the same tier as Xavier (="omega level telepath" by Fraction's classification; "omega level telepath" meaning "top tier telepath", and having nothing to do with parallel mutant classification (and thus "turning-into-abstract-potential" stuff), I believe non-mutants such as Classic Moondragon can be named omega level telepaths as well.

Hey Charlotte are you gonna revamp the Emma thread like Wei Phoenix suggested? I'd do it but I need to a week to see if I have nothing better to do. There's a lot in it plus there's still a bit more I have to add from her older apperances like all that New Warrior stuff.

Charlotte DeBel
End of term in university, sorry... but there's quite a few non-working pages.
Also, Hellions vs New Warriors is nothing big featwise IIRC...passively sensing Speedball..but that's no big feat. I had scans but thought it isn't worth adding.

Sigh...having two entirely separate classifications (three if we remember obscure Nimrod's Contacts scale) with the same top grade (Omega level) tends to confuse people. As a mutant, Ems is, was and will be alpha mutant. Omega level teleoath=top tier telepath, can be used to describe non-mutants as well.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
End of term in university, sorry... but there's quite a few non-working pages.
Also, Hellions vs New Warriors is nothing big featwise IIRC...passively sensing Speedball..but that's no big feat. I had scans but thought it isn't worth adding.

Nah I'm referring to her team up with Magneto NW V1 11, 12 & 13 there's one feat in there I've been meaning to add.

Charlotte DeBel
Nah I'm referring to her team up with Magneto NW V1 11, 12 & 13 there's one feat in there I've been meaning to add.

Interesting...I'd like to see that (don't have those issues at all so have no idea what's it).

Kris Blaze
Jean's the better everything, but Emma's much more resourceful and being "evil" oughta give her an edge. I doubt Jean would come up with anything more complex than a psychic bolt, where as Emma should be able to think of muuuuuch better ways to harm your opponent.

redhotrash
You do know that Fraction isn't the first writer to have Xavier say Emma Frost is the same class telepath as himself and Jean Grey (Post the PF BS) on two different occasions.

I mean you could jump on the I hate Fraction bandwagon since he is the current writer of Uncanny and all that BUT if you're that distraught about it you should be blaming Claremont and Lobdell cause they stated it on panel. And if you want Morrison cause he said it in an interview. Oh and don't forget Carey. Emma has always been playing in the same league as Charles I mean the whole point to her was that she was created as his foil.

I never threw Fraction out there, I really dont care either way about his writing. She was more of a foil for Jean than for Charles. Chuck rarely took part in their field missions anyway. Also a lot of those scans dont really prove anything (though I give you credit for posting or tracking them all down). Most are really inconclusive. The Sinister, Exodus, and Selene ones especially I dont see as proving anything at all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.