Thanos vs Army of Captain Atoms/Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
This is the same army of Atoms that monarch fought including Superman.

Can thanos pull it off?

It was more like 50 Captain Atoms, 2 Supermen who were more powerful than Current Supes, and Three Wonder Women.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
This is the same army of Atoms that monarch fought including Superman.

Can thanos pull it off?

About how many were there?

carver9
I dont know, it looked like 20 of them

TheKahn
Does Captain Atom still have the weakness that if he absorbs too much energy, he involuntarily time travels?

carver9
Just use the the atoms from the monarch story that fought monarch alongside Superman.

JakeTheBank
So about 20 Captain Atoms and Superman versus Thanos, eh?

I'm inclined to give it to the team.

Omega Vision
No, he gets curb-stomped. Hell, Red Son Superman could probably take Thanos alone, Red Son Superman and DKR Superman together could certainly take Thanos. Add the Captain Atoms and the Wonder Women (seeing as they were in that fight too) and its unholy spite against Thanos.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
So about 20 Captain Atoms and Superman versus Thanos, eh?

I'm inclined to give it to the team.
It was more like 50 Captain Atoms, 2 Supermen who were more powerful than Current Supes, and Three Wonder Women.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Omega Vision

Ah, ok. Yeah, I didn't recall the instance Carver was talking about which is why I asked him about how many Atoms were present.

xJLxKing
There were 52 CA because there were 52 universe. a few Superman, and 3 WW.

Thanos can not hope to win this

carver9
I copied omega post and edited the above.

Omega Vision
I copied omega post and edited the above.
Glad I could be of service.

carver9
Glad I could be of service.

LOL, thanks for the into Happy Dance

KuRuPT Thanosi
In comics of course he wouild. After all, they must build up the villian for Supes i.e. Prime to come save the day. On KMC probably not, just as I don't think Monarch would as well. You see I feel Monarch, Prime and Thanos are very close in power. Peers if you will. So, in a comic book setting as Monarch was in.. Yes Thanos could do it.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
In comics of course he wouild. After all, they must build up the villian for Supes i.e. Prime to come save the day. On KMC probably not, just as I don't think Monarch would as well. You see I feel Monarch, Prime and Thanos are very close in power. Peers if you will. So, in a comic book setting as Monarch was in.. Yes Thanos could do it.
Monarch beat them by absorbing their power I'm fairly certain. His armor and having earlier absorbed Major Force's power gave him an overwhelming advantage over any of the other CA's in the multiverse. Thanos isn't comparable to Monarch anyway.

carver9
Monarch beat them by absorbing their power I'm fairly certain. His armor and having earlier absorbed Major Force's power gave him an overwhelming advantage over any of the other CA's in the multiverse. Thanos isn't comparable to Monarch anyway.

Well he blasted them, defeated them, then absorbed them.

So all in all he defeated them powerwise first.

Omega Vision
Well he blasted them, defeated them, then absorbed them.

So all in all he defeated them powerwise first.
Agreed. To be fair though I don't think they ever blasted him at once en mass. Not that it would have mattered. That's the thing about Captain Atoms, if you burst their shell you have to be ready to drain the power and I'm not sure they could have siphoned it all in.

carver9
Agreed. To be fair though I don't think they ever blasted him at once en mass. Not that it would have mattered. That's the thing about Captain Atoms, if you burst their shell you have to be ready to drain the power and I'm not sure they could have siphoned it all in.

Well I'm pretty sure thanos can survive the blast once the shell is broken. We are talking about a guy that tanked a blast from magnus that had the ig. and suffered no damage.

The problem comes with him taking them out. You got one showing of monarch taking punches from Superman and not even flinching.

If thanos cant accomplish this feat then its pretty much out of the window that him and monarch are equals and if hes not monarch equal then he sure as hell aint beating prime.

Omega Vision
Well I'm pretty sure thanos can survive the blast once the shell is broken. We are talking about a guy that tanked a blast from magnus that had the ig. and suffered no damage.

The problem comes with him taking them out. You got one showing of monarch taking punches from Superman and not even flinching.

If thanos cant accomplish this feat then its pretty much out of the window that him and monarch are equals and if hes not monarch equal then he sure as hell aint beating prime.
The IG blast was unquantifiable. Remember that Dr. Doom also survived a blast after he tried to wrestle it from Thanos' grasp. Also you neglect the fact he also withstood Chris Kent's assault, Chris Kent being more powerful than Red Son Superman by far who is on a similar level to Thanos. Just lightly damaging Monarch cost Chris Kent his life, he drained all his power (as well as some of the other Supermen's powers). There's also him beating three GLs at once. We're talking Hal Jordan level GL's, guys who could give Silver Surfer a run for his money.

carver9
The IG blast was unquantifiable. Remember that Dr. Doom also survived a blast after he tried to wrestle it from Thanos' grasp. Also you neglect the fact he also withstood Chris Kent's assault, Chris Kent being more powerful than Red Son Superman by far who is on a similar level to Thanos. Just lightly damaging Monarch cost Chris Kent his life, he drained all his power (as well as some of the other Supermen's powers). There's also him beating three GLs at once. We're talking Hal Jordan level GL's, guys who could give Silver Surfer a run for his money.

I agree with you. I know that monarch is a beast and I also know that Thanos is a beast.

With monarch showings, it kind of had me twisted on who is more powerful out of him and Thanos because I have NEVER seen thanos pull a feats like the one that monarch have under his belt.

I thought making this thread would assist me in that but hey.

batdude123
Oh wow...

Thanos gets stomped.

r0nm0n88
what is thanos really ganna do to survive this. Thanos couldnt take 2 different superman characters. ADD 50 CA, and 3 wonder womens and you have created spite.

And IMO monarch is much better than thanos, i put monarch above odin

-Pr-
how is this not spite?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by -Pr-
how is this not spite?
It's never spite, Thanos is God! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Slaanesh
team stomp..Thanos is not Monarch..

TheKahn
Originally posted by Slaanesh
team stomp..Thanos is not Monarch..

http://content2.myyearbook.com/zenhex/images/quiz90/448012/448012_res7_200pxMonarch01.jpg

No, he isn't.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by TheKahn
http://content2.myyearbook.com/zenhex/images/quiz90/448012/448012_res7_200pxMonarch01.jpg

No, he isn't.
Brock Sampson with power gem vs Thanos. Go.

TheKahn
Brock Sampson with power gem vs Thanos. Go.

Ha! Like Brock needs some stupid pebble. uhuh

http://www.deviantart.com/download/49542167/brock_sampson_colored_by_kuewa.jpg

btw, the army wins in a stomp.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.