Tsavong Lah vs General Grievous

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Raptor22
standard equip for both.

truejedi
Grievous. I'm thinking pretty easily actually. 4 blades against one, just too much for lah to handle.

Darth_Glentract
Grevious takes this. One of the Vong's main advantages was that the Jedi couldn't use the Force on them. Grevious wouldn't have used the Force anyway, so without that disadvantage he definitely wins. Shimrra would probably be another story though.

Raptor22
i dont think it would be too easy for grievous. lah also has thud/razor bugs, bloorish jelly (spelling), and the crab armor which is saber resistant, the venom from his staff might eat away at grievouses metal or hit his heart, and lahs a more skilled warrior imo. i think tsavong wins this.

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Grevious takes this. One of the Vong's main advantages was that the Jedi couldn't use the Force on them. Grevious wouldn't have used the Force anyway, so without that disadvantage he definitely wins. Shimrra would probably be another story though.

How is that a disadvantage for a Jedi, but not Grievous? Wouldn't it be the same, both unable to use the force? lol

BTW, Jedi can still use the force to inhance their speed and strength. They just are unable to use the force to sense the Vong.

Darth_Glentract
The Jedi can't sense a Yuuzhan Vong opponent in the Force. All their precog and such goes out the window. Grevious doesn't have that problem.

Raptor22
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
The Jedi can't sense a Yuuzhan Vong opponent in the Force. All their precog and such goes out the window. Grevious doesn't have that problem. im gonna have to respectfuly disagree. if the problem is not being able to see your opponent in the force and not having pre-cog, then grievous does have that problem.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Raptor22
im gonna have to respectfuly disagree. if the problem is not being able to see your opponent in the force and not having pre-cog, then grievous does have that problem. Yes, but unlike the Jedi, Grievous is used to not having that advantage, and he's molded his fighting style accordingly. He's also, unlike the Jedi, incredibly aggressive, something which will come in handy this time. Not to mention he has a droid's body, so the enhanced speed and reflexes are there. And then there's the four lightsabers. Unless Lah gets a lucky shot to his innards, Grievous is the likely victor.

truejedi
considered corran horn beat Tsavong lah, without any offensive force powers, i'm definitly going to agree that grievous wins.

Raptor22
Originally posted by truejedi
considered corran horn beat Tsavong lah, without any offensive force powers, i'm definitly going to agree that grievous wins. since when does losing to corran make u less than grievous. also if u r referring to the battle on i believe ithor wasnt there something in the trees that killed their armor and weapons and weakend them. i could be mistaken about some details its been a while since i read those. lastly tsavong faught jana, saba, and tahiri at the same time with only a staff and that jelly stuff and almost killed all 3. jaina had to throw her lightsaber and pull it back with the force to cut his throat(which would be an offensive force move for those saying they had no offensive force capabilities). this is by no means gonna be easy for grievous.

Raptor22
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Yes, but unlike the Jedi, Grievous is used to not having that advantage, and he's molded his fighting style accordingly. He's also, unlike the Jedi, incredibly aggressive, something which will come in handy this time. Not to mention he has a droid's body, so the enhanced speed and reflexes are there. And then there's the four lightsabers. Unless Lah gets a lucky shot to his innards, Grievous is the likely victor. i see ur point i just think even with the disadvantage the jedi had, lah was facing higher calibur of opponents the what grievous is. so unless u feel grievous is a better duelest w/o force than corran or jaina w/o direct force but maintaining indirect force ie. speed, strength, etc. then its a moot point.

Darth_Glentract
Grevious took on Aayla Secura, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Shaak Ti, K'Kruhk, and Tarr Seirr. That's pretty damn impressive. And once again, those Jedi had the disadvantage of not having their precog. Grevious suffers no similar disadvantage.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Raptor22
i see ur point i just think even with the disadvantage the jedi had, lah was facing higher calibur of opponents the what grievous is. so unless u feel grievous is a better duelest w/o force than corran or jaina w/o direct force but maintaining indirect force ie. speed, strength, etc. then its a moot point. It's not about being a better duelist, it's about what you have over your opponent. Corran and Jaina were great duelists with the Force. Grievous was a great duelist without it. But unlike Corran and Jaina, Grievous didn't grow up and train using the Force to aid him in battle. The whole purpose of the Vong was to give the NJO a difficult and unprecedented challenge in an enemy that couldn't be felt--thus robbing them of their primary advantage.

Grievous would be completely unphased by the lack of sensitivity, and his fighting style would not suffer accordingly, as it did the Jedi. Take in to account that no Vong ever dueled one-on-one with an opponent capable of Jedi-like reflexes, Sith-like aggression, and four lightsabers at once. Grievous has a distinct advantage here.

Raptor22
i see ur guys point, and it is more valid than i initaly thought.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.