Artists with fluid sequences!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bentley
Haaa, I didn't knew how to name this topic so here I am trying to explain what I want!

*ejem*

I was wondering, among the artists in comics you know, which one gets away with panels that give you a sense of movement and action. I don't just mean characters that hit each other, but more like, flexibility, dodging, speed and such.

Can you give me any names? wink

Kris Blaze
Frank Quitely.

Digi
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Frank Quitely.

If by fluid sequences you mean characters stuffed with so many fluids that they look bloated enough to make into mattresses, then sure.

stick out tongue

Bentley
Bump!

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Digi
If by fluid sequences you mean characters stuffed with so many fluids that they look bloated enough to make into mattresses, then sure.

stick out tongue
That too.

roughrider
J. G. Jones.
Just look at the Marvel Boy miniseries with Grant Morrison several years ago; terrifically fluid panel arrangements.

Disappear
mcniven's "spider-man beating everyone up in civil war" sequence was like snapshots of a fast, graceful beatdown. a lot of his art can seem static, but he's good at showing fluidity and movement between panels AND having iconic, statuesque images.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.