Lich King gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Q'Anilia
ta6Dd3YtsfQ

Grown rusty in my absence, I thought I would just make a thread to keep my gear functional. With the new patch "Fall of the Lich King", I decided the battle to be a gauntlet agaist the Lich King.

The setting is Icecrown Citadel and the Lich King will be defending it from individual attackers. How many of the opponents can the Lich King beat before he is defeated, or will he make it all the way through.

Each character is in their strongest frequent appearance, meaning that if they for a brief moment tasted omnipotence, limitless power, divine might or anything like it, they do not have it here, but they are save that their strongest version.

Each attacker receive standard gear and preparation, allowed to attack when they see fit. The Lich King is not allowed to leave the citadel.

Fight 1: Tirion Fordring

Fight 2: Jak and Daxter

Fight 3: Sephiroth

Fight 4: Link

Fight 5: Kratos

Fight 6: Neltharion

ArtificialGlory
Is the Lich King allowed to send and/or raise undead?

Q'Anilia
Yes. He is also allowed to leave the citadel, should the opponent decide to exit after having entered, or should it be razed.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Q'Anilia
Yes. He is also allowed to leave the citadel, should the opponent decide to exit after having entered, or should it be razed.

So Arthas is allowed to use all the resources of the Citadel? Well, that should make things considerably easier for him, because the Citadel holds some individuals that are quite powerful in their own right. Not mentioning all the lesser undead.

Q'Anilia
He is allowed the resources within the citadel, yes, but unlike players, the attackers are not bound by particular scenarios and such things. They can sneak past, kick in doors and whatever suits them. Their sole goal is taking Arthas down.

ArtificialGlory
He is allowed the resources within the citadel, yes, but unlike players, the attackers are not bound by particular scenarios and such things. They can sneak past, kick in doors and whatever suits them. Their sole goal is taking Arthas down.

Aha, I see. Then if they're not bound by gameplay rules, I suppose Arthas can send his forces after the invader(s) at his discretion? If that's the case, everyone with exception of Sephiroth and Deathwing will get hopelessly ganged up upon, unless they're all attacking at once.

Q'Anilia
One opponent at the time, and like Arthas, his forces are bound to the citadel unless the attackers exit or the place gets razed.

ArtificialGlory
One opponent at the time, and like Arthas, his forces are bound to the citadel unless the attackers exit or the place gets razed.

Then everyone with the exception of Deathwind and possibly Sephiroth gets zerged.

fascistcrusader
Someone enlighten me here as I've never play WoW. Has the Lich King ever shown durability against an attack that can shatter dimensional barriers?

Burning thought
What feats had these dimensional barriers?

Q'Anilia
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
Someone enlighten me here as I've never play WoW. Has the Lich King ever shown durability against an attack that can shatter dimensional barriers? Originally posted by Burning thought
What feats had these dimensional barriers?

And what effects has said attacks had on living beings and non-incorporeal targets?

fascistcrusader
Supernova, it is said to be so powerful in Sephiroth's EX Mode description that it is so powerful it can send destruction into other dimensions.

Q'Anilia
Sephiroth EX is a one-time encounter, is it not? Or am I confusing versions?

fascistcrusader
Sephiroth's EX Mode, there is no version of Seph with an EX in it. EX Bursts are just the names of the characters strongest attacks in Dissidia. The 10th anniversary FF VII Ultimania says it has the power of real Supernova, and Dissidia states it can break through dimensional barriers, so unless Lichy can tank an attack of that magnitude he stops at 3.

ScreamPaste
Which Link, and what counts as frequent appareance and standard gear? O-o; Just saying Link and laying out those is a bit misleading. The only Links with more than one Appearance are: Classic Link (NES LoZ/LoZ2 (possibly LA), Oracles Link (OoS/OoA/Linked game.), N64 Link (OoT/MM, possibly LA), and WW Link. (WW/PH, possibly LA.. LA most likely belongs to classic Link, however. ...Who, by some fan theories, THEORY WARNING OMG: may be OoT Link. Lulz. highly doubt it though.)

Semantics aside, wasn't it agreed in another thread Deathwing would win, so putting him at the end of the Gauntlet kind of makes it unfinishable if that match was already debated in DW's favour? Or am I thinking of something else..? o:

Q'Anilia
Sephiroth's EX Mode, there is no version of Seph with an EX in it. EX Bursts are just the names of the characters strongest attacks in Dissidia. The 10th anniversary FF VII Ultimania says it has the power of real Supernova, and Dissidia states it can break through dimensional barriers, so unless Lichy can tank an attack of that magnitude he stops at 3.

The dimensional barrier stuff needs to be a little more specific before you can use it to claim it is any more potent than the attack would be without that effect. Otherwise cutting a dimensional barrier is just an insignificant trophy for the ability and has no additional power against the Lich King.

So what happens next, should Lich King survive this attack? When Sephiroth has given his strongest move against Lich King, what is left? Will he hope another Supernova will does the trick or would the failure mean he is done?

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Which Link, and what counts as frequent appareance and standard gear? O-o; Just saying Link and laying out those is a bit misleading. The only Links with more than one Appearance are: Classic Link (NES LoZ/LoZ2 (possibly LA), Oracles Link (OoS/OoA/Linked game.), N64 Link (OoT/MM, possibly LA), and WW Link. (WW/PH, possibly LA.. LA most likely belongs to classic Link, however. ...Who, by some fan theories, THEORY WARNING OMG: may be OoT Link. Lulz. highly doubt it though.)

Semantics aside, wasn't it agreed in another thread Deathwing would win, so putting him at the end of the Gauntlet kind of makes it unfinishable if that match was already debated in DW's favour? Or am I thinking of something else..? o:

By frequent, I mean each separate Link in his most standard form. The way Link is through the majority of the game and not with items he attain near the end or only has for a few moments in the start.

Like Dar'Khan from Warcraft. His most frequent form is before he tap the Sunwell but after Arthas attack against Quel'Thalas. The powers displayed while tapping it, or his powers before the book are not accurate to his original power, his most frequent form, which is the form we meet most often in the trilogy.

Deathwing is powerful but this scenario is different. The previous scenario was the two meeting on an open field. This current scenario forces Deathwing inside the citadel to face Arthas.

fascistcrusader
The dimensional barrier thing isn't the only thing proving it's potency though, the FFVII 10th anniversary Ultimania says it's as powerful as a supernova, an exploding star. Besides which, Supernova isn't the only trick Seph has up his sleeve, his negative lifestream is also a potent weapon, made up of pure spirit energy.

Getting back to the original question, has Lichy ever taken an attack on that scale?

Q'Anilia
The Lich King is master over the spirit realm I should add, now that you add the whole spirit energy deal. It would be interesting to see him try use a spiritual attack against the Lich King, but the Lich King eat spiritual energy for breakfast.

No Supernova has ever taken place in the Warcraft universe.

Burning thought
If the LK can enter the spirit realm he would be seperate from the physical plane on which this Supernova takes place. Considering Sephiroth has never survived a super nova himself, he would be disintegrated along with most of those unable to defend themselves from such an explosion of energy which I assume would leave LK the sole victor....

ArtificialGlory
Maybe I'm missing something here, but what's the point of an attack which is as powerful as a supernova, but apparently does that damage in a separate dimension while doing comparatively very little in your own?

Phantom Miria
None of these really has the means to actually kill Lich King, do they? I mean if he goes all spiritual. I know Neltharion saw Malfurion hiding in the Emerald Dream, but that is not quite the same, is it?

ScreamPaste
I know that Link can fight spiritual beings. I don't think Sephiroth has any feats relative to that, and unfortunately in the GoW verse spriits seem to take on physical form with the exception of Hades' Souls. You know more about Deathwing than I do, so I won't argue that point, but it was concluded in another thread that he would win in a one on one fight. So, it seems he has some way to fight the Lich King?

Phantom Miria
The Lich King does not become spiritual, he enters the spiritual realm. Which means he is invisible to anyone that does not have the ability to see between realms.

When it comes to Deathwing, what happened during War of the Ancients was that Malfurion snuk into his lair with intent to snatch the Dragon Soul. Because he knew Deathwing would detect him if he entered physically, he chose to enter through the Emerald Dream. Unfortunately for him, Deathwing proved himself capable to see into the Emerald Dream and Malfurion treated this as if Deathwing also had the capability to harm him inside the dream.

How this would differ from Lich King, is that Deathwing is one of the dragon aspects. Ysera is a fellow aspect and because their time as so called partners, it could be that Deathwing has simply learnt to gaze into the Emerald Dream. Deathwing himself has never encountered Arthas and for all we know might not even know how to see Arthas go into the realm of spirits.

ScreamPaste
If he leaves the physical plane entirely, can he actually fight from the spiritual realm? Or is it an overlapping sort of plane, like the etheral plane?

In any case, it leaves a similar number of characters who can potentially fight him. I'm unsure how to interpret the case of Deathwing now though. I'll wait for Q' to make a call on that one.

ArtificialGlory
I assume that Deathwing does not have the Demon Soul. It's a fair guess that he could see into the Spirit Realm though.

ScreamPaste
The Demonsoul sounds like it would make this kind of spitey.

Phantom Miria
The Demon Soul would ruin all the fun.

fascistcrusader
You're all missing the point here. Supernova hits whatever Sephiroth targets with it with all the energy of a real Supernova, it doesn't cause an actual Supernova. And it hits it's opponent with enough power to break down dimensional barriers, it's not that most of it's power is in another dimension, it's that there is so much power that it spills over into other realms.

As for the spirit thing. Sephiroth's sword is made of nothing but spirit energy so I fail to see how it would,kt hit Lichy in spirit form.

Sephiroth vs the Lich King is actually a really neat fight, thr ruler of the spirit realm vs the man who made the cycle of life, death and spirit recycling his ***** through sheer force of will.

Phantom Miria
You are missing the point. I see your point perfectly, I just do not know how it would make the slightest difference.

The Lich King does not go into a spirit form, he enters the spirit realm. Does Sephiroth even have the ability to see him?

Burning thought
Thing is in FF7 and FF fictions depicting Sephiroth, spirit energy technically counts for lifestream which is like an actual physical energy source. Everything is made up of the lifestream including peoples "souls".

And all Sephiroth did was infect the lifestream thanks to Jenova. It wasnt a force that could act against him like the LK can.

Shutter Control
Phantom Miria's sig is holy sh1t boobs! eek!

...LOK and FF7 really don't look good in the same sentence...no expression

Phantom Miria
Originally posted by Shutter Control
Phantom Miria's sig is holy sh1t boobs! eek!

...LOK and FF7 really don't look good in the same sentence...no expression

Boobs!

And you find no LOK here.

fascistcrusader
Read The Case of The Lifestream: Black. Sephiroth is very capable of living in, manipulating, and even attacking the physical realm from FF VII's spirit realm. He would not only be able to see LK, his blade is made up of nothing but spirit energy so he could even attack him while he was trying to hide.

Phantom Miria
Read The Case of The Lifestream: Black. Sephiroth is very capable of living in, manipulating, and even attacking the physical realm from FF VII's spirit realm. He would not only be able to see LK, his blade is made up of nothing but spirit energy so he could even attack him while he was trying to hide.

What support is there to these claims of yours?
And if his sword is nothing but spirit energy, what prevents the Lich King from consuming it?

Luminatus
. Supernova hits whatever Sephiroth targets with it with all the energy of a real Supernova,

NO it doesn't.

Quantify this. How strong are dimensional barriers in FFVII?

Luminatus
The 10th anniversary FF VII Ultimania says it has the power of real Supernova,

No it doesn't.

http://thelifestream.net/final-fantasy-vii/523/sephiroth-character-profile-p76-81/

There's the 10th Anniversary Ultimania for anyone who wants to read it. All it says on Super Nova is what we see in the actual animation. It's just describing it and nothing else.

fascistcrusader
The fact that we see Sephiroth materialize his sword from spirit energy in AC/C proves it is entirely spirit energy, and his will would prevent it's absorbtion. With nothing but willpower he's defied death twice, reconstructed his body, and held back the world's most powerful white magic

Also, yeas it does hit with all the power of a supernova, go read the 10th anniversary Ultimania.

fascistcrusader
Oops, when I said 10th anniversary Ultimania I meant Crisis Core Complete guide, which says the attack has "the power of an expanding sun."

Luminatus
Now all you gotta do is show how fast the move is.

Because power really doesn't mean much if you're a helluva lot slower than you rpponent.. Even Goku at his best doesn't have the power of a supernova yet a worthless character like Krillin would own Sephiroth due just to speed.

And that sounds a lot like the Naruto databook claiming the Uchiha *** flame is as hot as the sun. Just sayin'.

fascistcrusader
Sephiroth isn't exactly a slowpoke, he can move too fast for they eye to track and is also capable of teleportation. What's the LK's best speed feat?

Phantom Miria
The fact that we see Sephiroth materialize his sword from spirit energy in AC/C proves it is entirely spirit energy, and his will would prevent it's absorbtion. With nothing but willpower he's defied death twice, reconstructed his body, and held back the world's most powerful white magic

Also, yeas it does hit with all the power of a supernova, go read the 10th anniversary Ultimania.

I never objected to it being strictly spiritual energy. I am merely wondering what feats you have to fall back on that protect Sephiroth from having his moves and sword consumed by Arthas.

What feats of spiritual protection does Sephiroth and his sword have? Defying death is nothing. It happens in Warcraft all the time. Reconstructing his body will not help him here.

Holding back the worlds most powerful white magic does not really say anything. Clarify.

fascistcrusader
The lifestream is the spirit realm of FF VII. When you die your spirit returns to it and is absorbed back into it, Sephiroth avoided being reincorporated into the lifestream through nothing but will power. He didn't just defy death, he spit in the face of the entire natural order of the universe. Another feat of his is holding back Holy with nothing but will power. While he was fighting 8 powerful warriors he still kept it from moving just by willing it to stay there.

The Lich King can't simply take the spirit of a man who's will makes the entire lifestream powerless to reabsorb him.

Phantom Miria
I guess it was too much to hope for, to hope you would answer my questions properly. When your answers are less elusive and more constructive, we can jump back on the horse.

fascistcrusader
I've given specific answers to all of your questions. Sephiroth's will prevents anything from absorbing his spirit energy, that's a canon fact. You still haven't told be the Lich King's best durability or speed feats, though, so I suppose it's you we're waiting on.

Utrigita
A quick question: When you mean strongest Q, would that include a powerup people have attained when they was at a specific location?

Phantom Miria
Originally posted by Utrigita
A quick question: When you mean strongest Q, would that include a powerup people have attained when they was at a specific location?

I think it is their strongest on neutral soil.

Q'Anilia

MoM claim the Lich King to, by definition, be omnipotent. I take it the "10th Anniversary Ultimania" is some type of manual, canon book or game information collection"

If he leaves the physical plane entirely, can he actually fight from the spiritual realm? Or is it an overlapping sort of plane, like the etheral plane?

In any case, it leaves a similar number of characters who can potentially fight him. I'm unsure how to interpret the case of Deathwing now though. I'll wait for Q' to make a call on that one.

There are some moves he is able to preform from the spiritual realm against the physical realm, but the majority require him to be physical. That however means nothing really, since he travel in the spiritual realm at astonishing speed and can appear from anywhere and blast the target, then disappear again.

The spirit realm is a separate dimension which does not seem too influenced by changes in the physical realm. This seen when you at times has entered the spiritual realm and particular buildings and objects are still around when in the physical realm they are destroyed.

The strongest character by your definition would end up against him. The strongest without rare items, temporary empowerments ... or zone effects (To answer Utrigita)

I know that Link can fight spiritual beings. I don't think Sephiroth has any feats relative to that, and unfortunately in the GoW verse spriits seem to take on physical form with the exception of Hades' Souls. You know more about Deathwing than I do, so I won't argue that point, but it was concluded in another thread that he would win in a one on one fight. So, it seems he has some way to fight the Lich King?

When Lich King enters the spiritual realm, there will be a significant difference between him being spiritual and simply being in the spiritual realm. Lich King upon entry take his physical form with him, completely and utterly becoming part of the spirit realm. He at this point is incorporeal by physical mean, but physical by spiritual. This because his physical body is in a non-physical realm.

So while it would require an attack that attack him spiritually, the attack would have to pierce him physically first, this while he is located in the spirit realm, a scenario that require his attacker to possess the ability to see between dimensions.

A Warcraft example of this is Medivh, who could perceive a spiritual entity while being physical. Deathwing had a showing like this when he sensed Malfurion in his lair. The third example of this is the Lich King, who see the spiritual and physical realms in unison.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Phantom Miria
I think it is their strongest on neutral soil.

So it wouldn't be Tirion with Ashbringer on that holy place I have forgotten the name off?

Phantom Miria
Light's Hope Chapel? Q'Anilia specify them attacking Icecrown.

Hierarch
the Lich King is slipping. I think Tirion alone could do a number on him but Deathwing takes him out most probably. cant speak for the rest of the crowd, except for Jak, but he shouldnt be a challenge for Arthas

Utrigita
Light's Hope Chapel? Q'Anilia specify them attacking Icecrown.

Yes but Tirion would have reached his peak in strength from my point of view when he was at the Chapel, hence my question concerning whether ore not places that granted a boost in power was included. Hence my questions. smile

Now that having had that specified,

Fight 1: Tirion Fordring = dies

Fight 2: Jak and Daxter = dies

Fight 3: Sephiroth = no Idea

Fight 4: Link = Probably makes it

Fight 5: Kratos = Stalemate

Fight 6: Neltharion = Wins

Q'Anilia
fvddPzNE-D4

He can throw heavy undeads on you!

Oh, and let me quote "His strength has increased ten fold. It will take a mighty army to destroy the Lich King. An army greater than even the Horde itself"

ArtificialGlory
When was their "last fight" anyway?

Q'Anilia
Not sure they have ever properly fought. Wrathgate? Light's Hope?

ArtificialGlory
Not sure they have ever properly fought. Wrathgate? Light's Hope?

I don't think Sylvanas participated in either of those battles. The last time I can recall was when Arthas was still a death knight and weakened because of Ner'Zhul's waning powers.

Q'Anilia
Yeah, although he was only Arthas then.

Burning thought
If that was true then 10 fold does not sound much of an upgade hmmm...

But anyway nice vid, looks interesting I suppose although I assume this is before the main battle? also she must be overestimating him because obviously an army larger than the horde is not going to be in the final battle with the LK....although he seems impressive.

When she says "greater than the horde" does she mean agains the LK alone, or perhaps could she indirectly mean defeat his armies as well?

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Burning thought

But anyway nice vid, looks interesting I suppose although I assume this is before the main battle? also she must be overestimating him because obviously an army larger than the horde is not going to be in the final battle with the LK....although he seems impressive.

When she says "greater than the horde" does she mean agains the LK alone, or perhaps could she indirectly mean defeat his armies as well?

Yeah, but it's hard to say if she meant it literally.

I'm pretty sure she meant the Scourge as well.

Q'Anilia
That is not in the Icecrown raid, as you can see in the video. There are only five of them, so it is probably one of those new dungeons that just happen to give you a sample of the Lich King.

Since they did not fight Arthas in the video, I think she might be talking about the Scourge. Although since they have proven able to break through the Scourge and entered the Citadel, they might be talking about him alone.

K1ll3r
The Lich King is master over the spirit realm I should add, now that you add the whole spirit energy deal. It would be interesting to see him try use a spiritual attack against the Lich King, but the Lich King eat spiritual energy for breakfast.

No Supernova has ever taken place in the Warcraft universe.

Haha, I wonder what would happen when he tried to eat spiritual energy that were corrupted with Jenova cells. Would he fall under Sephiroths influence? Or would he overpower Sephiroth and be the next incarnation of Jenova (Or just gain Jenovas powers)?

If the LK can enter the spirit realm he would be seperate from the physical plane on which this Supernova takes place. Considering Sephiroth has never survived a super nova himself, he would be disintegrated along with most of those unable to defend themselves from such an explosion of energy which I assume would leave LK the sole victor....

A. Why would he need to survive it, a sun doesn't literally explode and they don't literally get thrown into the sun (Dissidia version). The Lich King would get hit with the power of an exploding star, not Sephiroth.

B. So as soon as Sephiroth does anything the Lich King would immediatly go to the spiritual realm?

What feats of spiritual protection does Sephiroth and his sword have? Defying death is nothing. It happens in Warcraft all the time. Reconstructing his body will not help him here.

Holding back the worlds most powerful white magic does not really say anything. Clarify.

Define spiritual protection, this is the only problem with mixing game universes.

Yes it does, HOLY, capable of pushing a 1800 ton airship from the heart of a planet to several kilometers high into the sky (destroying it in the process). Sephiroth held it back. Although there is more to HOLY but that is the only way it can really be quantified.

For note: Sephiroth has insane awareness, he has deflected attacks coming from completely opposite directions that were a split second apart, casually.

Burning thought
Originally posted by K1ll3r

A. Why would he need to survive it, a sun doesn't literally explode and they don't literally get thrown into the sun (Dissidia version). The Lich King would get hit with the power of an exploding star, not Sephiroth.

B. So as soon as Sephiroth does anything the Lich King would immediatly go to the spiritual realm?

A. It sounds to me that theres some word play going on here, apprently its an illusion but it hits with the power of a star? farfetched and I would not believe it until I see the exact words myself stating this. From what i have seen, the whole Supernova move is entirely an illusion, including the damage the target is supposed to "think" its taking, no more.

B. Its a possibility.....not sure what powers he can cast from this realm however.

K1ll3r
A. It sounds to me that theres some word play going on here, apprently its an illusion but it hits with the power of a star? farfetched and I would not believe it until I see the exact words myself stating this. From what i have seen, the whole Supernova move is entirely an illusion, including the damage the target is supposed to "think" its taking, no more.

B. Its a possibility.....not sure what powers he can cast from this realm however.

A. Yes Supernova is mostly an Illusion, such as when the sun explodes, or Sephiroth sends them flying into the sun this is what the target\targets thinks is happening. But the damage is very real to the target\targets. You are free to buy the book and read it yourself. laughing

ScreamPaste
Anyone else seem to remember when Cloud gets shot in AC and is hurt?

The power of an exploding star would vapourise him... Just sayin'.

Supernova doesn't actually have that power.

K1ll3r
Anyone else seem to remember when Cloud gets shot in AC and is hurt?

The power of an exploding star would vapourise him... Just sayin'.

Supernova doesn't actually have that power.

Yes it would vapourise him, but when was it used on him?

Show me Supernova being used in canon, it isn't.

ScreamPaste
Same argument works both ways, show me Sephiroth using it in canon? He didn't? He can't. wink

K1ll3r
Same argument works both ways, show me Sephiroth using it in canon? He didn't? He can't. wink

That is completely different and wrong. He is stated in canon to have the ability/spell and what it does.

ScreamPaste
Do I have to explain how stupid it is for him to have that ability and waste all that time summoning meteor? no expression

K1ll3r
Do I have to explain how stupid it is for him to have that ability and waste all that time summoning meteor? no expression

Can you possibly know less about FF7.

As I have stated before he only wanted to wound the planet not destroy it.

Burning thought
Him having the power to affect a single entity is in contraidciton with him not just vapourising Cloud, the gang, all the weapons in an instant. And so far ive not even seen the proof yet, this is obviously going to be one of those fan hyped sitations where if I actually looked at the source it would have said something very different. Either that or the book is canon but is talking about somethnig completly gameplay "sigh".

Q'Anilia
Originally posted by K1ll3r
Haha, I wonder what would happen when he tried to eat spiritual energy that were corrupted with Jenova cells. Would he fall under Sephiroths influence? Or would he overpower Sephiroth and be the next incarnation of Jenova (Or just gain Jenovas powers)?

Define spiritual protection, this is the only problem with mixing game universes.

Yes it does, HOLY, capable of pushing a 1800 ton airship from the heart of a planet to several kilometers high into the sky (destroying it in the process). Sephiroth held it back. Although there is more to HOLY but that is the only way it can really be quantified.

For note: Sephiroth has insane awareness, he has deflected attacks coming from completely opposite directions that were a split second apart, casually.

Lich King is more into the adding power to his own fetish.

A) Has he ever used the ability for us to see or read? Or has he only been written to have it and the rest is left to our imagination.

B) It is more likely that he start in the Spirit realm. It is his domain after all. Then he would lurk and strike. That, however is based on us excluding his personality, but it seems to be the way to do it on this forum.

Spiritual protection: Would Sephiroth survive if someone attacked his spirit rather than his physical body. That is what Lich King does, he work with your spirit.

K1ll3r
Him having the power to affect a single entity is in contraidciton with him not just vapourising Cloud, the gang, all the weapons in an instant.

What? I have no idea what that says.

And so far ive not even seen the proof yet, this is obviously going to be one of those fan hyped sitations where if I actually looked at the source it would have said something very different. Either that or the book is canon but is talking about somethnig completly gameplay "sigh".

These are the things explained in many ultimanias:

Sephiroth has the spell Supernova.
Supernova works a lot like summons.
Supernova has the power of an exploding star.

The only explanation for in gameplay is where it shows what happens when Sephiroth uses it in FF7 which is marked as an illusion that targets see.

Lich King is more into the adding power to his own fetish.

A) Has he ever used the ability for us to see or read? Or has he only been written to have it and the rest is left to our imagination.

B) It is more likely that he start in the Spirit realm. It is his domain after all. Then he would lurk and strike. That, however is based on us excluding his personality, but it seems to be the way to do it on this forum.

Spiritual protection: Would Sephiroth survive if someone attacked his spirit rather than his physical body. That is what Lich King does, he work with your spirit.

But could he wrench control from Sephiroth?

A. Never used the ability outside of gameplay, although it is a special one that only he can use.

Define Sephiroths spirit?

Q'Anilia
Spirit = Essence of life

K1ll3r
I still don't know what Sephiroths spirit is.

Shutter Control
Spite, Kain wins.

Q'Anilia
While he is not part of this gauntlet, I have my doubts he would

Utrigita

Didn't someone in WoW point out that they can't kill the Lich King because then the Undead would run amok or something like that?

If I recall correctly that too me means that Blizzard have just decided that this is one of the guys you aren't meant to kill, you can defeat him but not kill him.

Burning thought
I would prefer that tbh, he is imo a major character who should remain in the series. Killing him off would be like killing Diablo permanently in the Diablo series....

menokokoro
ok im going to ignore link, just because im sick of him and how overrated he is in here.

i think that tirion will give arthas a hard time, but i think he will die, i dont know anything about jack and daxter apart from the little bit from comercials and people playing it in stores, but they dont seem powerful enough to stand against the lich king. aha, now this one i have been wondering for a while now, who would win in a fight the lich king of sephiroth, in this i think it could go either way....hmm probably goes to the lich king in the end (not really arthas, the lich kings raw power is the deciding factor there). kratos would overwhelm him at first, just because he is so insanely strong, and with his own power as well, yeah kratos might take this one, this one i really have no idea about though it really could go either way imo. now neltharion would walk up and arthas would attack and then arthas would be dead, im sorry but he is just way to powerful for either of them imo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.