IG vs UN (this ones diffrent!)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SoulDevourer
ok this a special vs

basicly its the same story Magus vs Quasar when Quasar use the UN on Magus, but this the diffrence:

- Magus has the FULL IG, and:

- Magus NOT try to afect the UN blast (ie. he lets the nulification blast hit him)
for example lets suppose Magus is sleepin so he dont realize hes being attacked by Quasar evil face

so Quasar fires the UN at Magus, wut happens?

xJLxKing
If Quasar is as good as Reed, of course. It's instant!

SoulDevourer
whats instant? huh

Mr Master
Nothing would happen.

In this scenario Magus would have complete Godhood,
with absolute omnipotence over reality,
thus
making him invulnerable to any attack save for one comparable to that of the LT.

SoulDevourer
btw this is a poll!

(can the mods add "POLL" at begining o my post? i cant edit 1st post no more sad)

SoulDevourer
btw i think the gems wont be afected, but i dunno what to vote between 1 & 3
(depends if the IG automaticaly protects whover wears it or not)

rotiart
I vote that ig and magus are nullified.

:-)

SoulDevourer
i vote that rotiart must be nulified miffed (virtual option #4 big grin)

Zeuodin
The IG would nullified like every other IG was when Reed swapped around the multiverse.

Mindset
Magus would be GOD!

Under LT.

Power Cosmic II
i would say magus gets nullified. Possessing omnipotence doesn't do anything if he doesn't use it. In this case, because Magus is "asleep" he's just wearing a gauntlet with 6 gems.

rotiart
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
i vote that rotiart must be nulified miffed (virtual option #4 big grin) Virtual reality troopers to the rescue!

Mr Master
Originally posted by Zeuodin

The IG would nullified like every other IG was when Reed swapped around the multiverse.
Still waiting for you to popst the depiction
and/or statement that even alludes to this idea.
(be it on panel or Handbooks)

Cause ther was no IG form during the Abraxas arc,
so, seriously, if one is going to make completely made up theories,
one should post, "I think" ...
this way we don't confuse you for a member that's full of it. smile

King Kandy
I think he's killed. I mean, even weaker abstracts have at least been able to knock IG users around.

quanchi112
Originally posted by xJLxKing
If Quasar is as good as Reed, of course. It's instant! You have no proof of this at all. Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
i would say magus gets nullified. Possessing omnipotence doesn't do anything if he doesn't use it. In this case, because Magus is "asleep" he's just wearing a gauntlet with 6 gems. Could the un defeat Lt iyo?

Power Cosmic II
Originally posted by quanchi112
Could the un defeat Lt iyo?

Of course not. I'm surprised you actually assumed there are people on here who think so. But that doesn't have anything to do with it. The gauntlet at its very best was shown to be extremely indeterminate and ambiguous as to whether it can defeat LT or not. The LT has demonstrated the capability of refusing the gems to work in unison, and then rescinding the same decree to enable them.

Again Thanos has stated why exactly the HOTU trumps the IG in terms of omnipotence. The IG is external control, whereas the HOTU is an intrinsic power to the wielder. Wearing the gauntlet doesn't do anything for you unless you consciously wield the power. Witness Thanos sitting on the throne while he usurped Eternity's place in the hierarchy. He was physically wearing the gauntlet and for all his omnipotence he was powerless to prevent Nebula from taking from his person. The gauntlet isn't passive in the sense that the user can enjoy its powers regardless if he consciously uses them or not. If it were then Nebula would have been zapped the instant she tried to remove the gauntlet from Thanos, while Thanos' consciousness was busy playing Eternity.

In this case since Magus is "asleep" he does NOT have conscious use of the IG and Quasar is just another Nebula coming along, but in this case he wields a weapon of "ultimate" power.

essentially, i would compare it to silver surfer and flash. They can both cover enormous distances instantaneously but if surfer is "asleep" or caught off guard and someone knocks him off his board, he is no longer able to use super-luminal speed. Conversely flash's speed is intrinsic and doesn't rely on an external object.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
Of course not. I'm surprised you actually assumed there are people on here who think so. But that doesn't have anything to do with it. The gauntlet at its very best was shown to be extremely indeterminate and ambiguous as to whether it can defeat LT or not. The LT has demonstrated the capability of refusing the gems to work in unison, and then rescinding the same decree to enable them.

Again Thanos has stated why exactly the HOTU trumps the IG in terms of omnipotence. The IG is external control, whereas the HOTU is an intrinsic power to the wielder. Wearing the gauntlet doesn't do anything for you unless you consciously wield the power. Witness Thanos sitting on the throne while he usurped Eternity's place in the hierarchy. He was physically wearing the gauntlet and for all his omnipotence he was powerless to prevent Nebula from taking from his person. The gauntlet isn't passive in the sense that the user can enjoy its powers regardless if he consciously uses them or not. If it were then Nebula would have been zapped the instant she tried to remove the gauntlet from Thanos, while Thanos' consciousness was busy playing Eternity.

In this case since Magus is "asleep" he does NOT have conscious use of the IG and Quasar is just another Nebula coming along, but in this case he wields a weapon of "ultimate" power.

essentially, i would compare it to silver surfer and flash. They can both cover enormous distances instantaneously but if surfer is "asleep" or caught off guard and someone knocks him off his board, he is no longer able to use super-luminal speed. Conversely flash's speed is intrinsic and doesn't rely on an external object. That's because Thanos subconsciously betrayed himself. He wasn't even aware of it until it was too late. That being said I don't see anyone after adapting to godhood being vaporized by the un. You could depower yourself and give them a chance of beating you, but if you don't want it to happen you aren't losing after you have adapted unless it's facing someone more powerful like say the Lt.

If Thanos wasn't paying attention while he wielded the ig and someone blasted him it wouldn't destroy him that's for sure.

Look at Thor/Drax with the power gem for instance. You couldn't physically ko them and they were just using it on a subconscious level. Once you adapt to godhood you won't be zapped away by the un imo.

Higher up on the food chain.

Power Cosmic II
Originally posted by quanchi112
That's because Thanos subconsciously betrayed himself. He wasn't even aware of it until it was too late. That being said I don't see anyone after adapting to godhood being vaporized by the un. You could depower yourself and give them a chance of beating you, but if you don't want it to happen you aren't losing after you have adapted unless it's facing someone more powerful like say the Lt.

If Thanos wasn't paying attention while he wielded the ig and someone blasted him it wouldn't destroy him that's for sure.

Look at Thor/Drax with the power gem for instance. You couldn't physically ko them and they were just using it on a subconscious level. Once you adapt to godhood you won't be zapped away by the un imo.

Higher up on the food chain.

yeah that's irrelevant though as in this particular instance magus is "asleep." He can have all the godhood he wants but at the end of the day it's still external control. That's why Thanos was saying that was the IG's biggest fault (and tellingly, Thanos blames it on the IG, and not himself) that it is external control. By it's very nature external control means it does nothing for you if you do not control it.

Champion had the power gem and that didn't prevent him from being defeated. It all depends on control. Also, the functionality of individual gems doesn't necessarily mean that it holds true for the gauntlet as a whole. Case in point, Thanos lost the gauntlet. Whether subconscious or not, someone walked up to him and mugged his ass while he was wearing the IG. There were zero protections involved because Thanos didn't have direct control of the gauntlet's faculties, because he was too busy playing Eternity. If you're "asleep" then it's no different.

Mr Master

Case in point, Thanos lost the gauntlet. Whether subconscious or not, someone walked up to him and mugged his ass while he was wearing the IG. There were zero protections involved because Thanos didn't have direct control of the gauntlet's faculties, because he was too busy playing Eternity. If you're "asleep" then it's no different.
I have to disagree true debater.

Thanos literally wanted to give up the IG.

This was stated by Warlock in his conversation with Thanos,
and Thanos confirmed this truth.

quanchi112
yeah that's irrelevant though as in this particular instance magus is "asleep." He can have all the godhood he wants but at the end of the day it's still external control. That's why Thanos was saying that was the IG's biggest fault (and tellingly, Thanos blames it on the IG, and not himself) that it is external control. By it's very nature external control means it does nothing for you if you do not control it.

Champion had the power gem and that didn't prevent him from being defeated. It all depends on control. Also, the functionality of individual gems doesn't necessarily mean that it holds true for the gauntlet as a whole. Case in point, Thanos lost the gauntlet. Whether subconscious or not, someone walked up to him and mugged his ass while he was wearing the IG. There were zero protections involved because Thanos didn't have direct control of the gauntlet's faculties, because he was too busy playing Eternity. If you're "asleep" then it's no different. But the whole reason he gave it up is because he subconsciously cheated himself out of it. If he hadn't done so to himself he wouldn't have lost it.

You can't shut the connection/godhood off unless you do so yourself.

Champion was only tapping into it subconsciously while possessing the entire ig makes one supreme being of that reality and able to connect to all beings of that said reality.

The un couldn't nullify anyone with the ig unless you removed the ig gems from that person.

Power Cosmic II
Originally posted by Mr Master
I have to disagree true debater.

Thanos literally wanted to give up the IG.

This was stated by Warlock in his conversation with Thanos,
and Thanos confirmed this truth. Originally posted by quanchi112
But the whole reason he gave it up is because he subconsciously cheated himself out of it. If he hadn't done so to himself he wouldn't have lost it.

You can't shut the connection/godhood off unless you do so yourself.

Which is analogous to having a lack of concerted control. That's the whole point of why the HOTU>>IG in terms of omnipotence, as Thanos stated on panel. The HOTU is intrinsic to the owner of the power. It's like the power cosmic but obviously to an infinitely greater degree.

This is the disparity I'm highlighting here: With the HOTU there is no "subconscious doubt" or "a literal wish to give up the power." The IG allows the user to have subconscious doubt/etc. because it is an external power source. CONTROL is the utmost importance for the IG. Or would you argue that Nebula=Thanos=Adam Warlock in terms of users of the IG? If you are "asleep" then you clearly have zero control of the IG. This is even more extreme than Thanos subconsciously wishing to give up the IG because at that instance, he still had a direct, conscious awareness of possessing the IG. Of course this is all moot as no IG user would ever require "sleep" but in this thread he is.

Quite simply, a subconscious control over the IG is still greater control than being "asleep." And Thanos lost the IG even with a subconscious control. The issue here isn't that Thanos wished to lose the gauntlet. The issue is that Thanos had less than absolute control over an exernal power source. He had less than absolute control because subconsciously, he wanted to give up the power, the control. If he had absolute control then he would have used the mind gem to purge his mind of all uncertainties and/or doubts, much as adam warlock purged himself of evil and good. Because he didn't have complete control, *he lost the gauntlet*. Now tell me, if you're "asleep" which means you have no conscious awareness of your whereabouts, how is this any greater control than Thanos? How does being asleep mean there is greater, absolute control over the IG than what Thanos exhibited? The answer is that it is not.

Which again brings us back to the original guideline....omnipotence has drawbacks if it is an external control, as Thanos stated in the opening pages of Marvel the End. If you're asleep you have almost zero control over it. If you're asleep you have far less control than Thanos did, and his control was incomplete and resulted in losing the IG.

Originally posted by quanchi112 Champion was only tapping into it subconsciously while possessing the entire ig makes one supreme being of that reality and able to connect to all beings of that said reality.

The un couldn't nullify anyone with the ig unless you removed the ig gems from that person.

Again that is irrelevant because the situation here is that the IG user is asleep. The IG user has NO CONTROL over the IG when "asleep."

You keep getting hung up on what the IG grants...it doesn't matter if you don't use it. You can have the largest bazooka in the world but if you're not holding it then I can walk up to you and kill you with a letter opener if you're asleep.

Again if this were the HOTU then your arguments have merit. But i'm exploiting the exact weakness that Thanos criticized the IG for, and that is it is external control. If you dont have total control over it then someone can walk up to you and take it from your person. Which is exactly what happened.

quanchi112
Which is analogous to having a lack of concerted control. That's the whole point of why the HOTU>>IG in terms of omnipotence, as Thanos stated on panel. The HOTU is intrinsic to the owner of the power. It's like the power cosmic but obviously to an infinitely greater degree.

This is the disparity I'm highlighting here: With the HOTU there is no "subconscious doubt" or "a literal wish to give up the power." The IG allows the user to have subconscious doubt/etc. because it is an external power source. CONTROL is the utmost importance for the IG. Or would you argue that Nebula=Thanos=Adam Warlock in terms of users of the IG? If you are "asleep" then you clearly have zero control of the IG. This is even more extreme than Thanos subconsciously wishing to give up the IG because at that instance, he still had a direct, conscious awareness of possessing the IG. Of course this is all moot as no IG user would ever require "sleep" but in this thread he is.

Quite simply, a subconscious control over the IG is still greater control than being "asleep." And Thanos lost the IG even with a subconscious control. The issue here isn't that Thanos wished to lose the gauntlet. The issue is that Thanos had less than absolute control over an exernal power source. He had less than absolute control because subconsciously, he wanted to give up the power, the control. If he had absolute control then he would have used the mind gem to purge his mind of all uncertainties and/or doubts, much as adam warlock purged himself of evil and good. Because he didn't have complete control, *he lost the gauntlet*. Now tell me, if you're "asleep" which means you have no conscious awareness of your whereabouts, how is this any greater control than Thanos? How does being asleep mean there is greater, absolute control over the IG than what Thanos exhibited? The answer is that it is not.

Which again brings us back to the original guideline....omnipotence has drawbacks if it is an external control, as Thanos stated in the opening pages of Marvel the End. If you're asleep you have almost zero control over it. If you're asleep you have far less control than Thanos did, and his control was incomplete and resulted in losing the IG.

Again that is irrelevant because the situation here is that the IG user is asleep. The IG user has NO CONTROL over the IG when "asleep."

You keep getting hung up on what the IG grants...it doesn't matter if you don't use it. You can have the largest bazooka in the world but if you're not holding it then I can walk up to you and kill you with a letter opener if you're asleep.

Again if this were the HOTU then your arguments have merit. But i'm exploiting the exact weakness that Thanos criticized the IG for, and that is it is external control. If you dont have total control over it then someone can walk up to you and take it from your person. Which is exactly what happened. The ig user doesn't need to sleep and unless the ig user depowered his or herself that wouldn't change his or her durability or his or her position as the supreme being of that reality.

My argument does have merit because he would have to actively shut his powers on once activated. Even when asleep he is aware he has the ig, brother. Just because you take a nap that doesn't mean your powers are on snooze.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.