Best Of Villains Of 2009

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr. Rhythmic
Heroes are great, but sometimes it takes a badguy to reel the audience in. So, in the films of this year, who are the best villains you saw this year?
In my opinion, these are the best at being bad.

Dr. Facilier
"The Frog Princess"
http://www.disneylicious.com/i_03/dr_facilier_pose_001.jpg

Voiced by the amazing Keith David, Dr. Facilier will go down as one of the best and most entertaining Disney villains ever. The voice, eerie design, incredible movements (major props to the animation department), and great dialogue, this guy's a paint-by-numbers villain, and yet still finds a way to jazz it up. It also helps that he has one of the catchiest and best villain songs in years.

Nero
"Star Trek"
http://mikeely.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/nero_eric_bana_star_trek.jpg

I was never a "Star Trek" fan, but man, was the recent movie good. Kirk, Spock, and the rest of the crew were fantastic characters, and with a cast like that, you need a great nemesis. Fortunately, they had to face Nero, a pissed off Romulan who is as mean as they come. But with this anger and intimidation comes a lack of words, a fact that makes Nero both threatening and exciting to view as he destroys planets as if they're plastic models. Galactus and Kahn would be proud of this welcomed addition to great movie villains.

Charles Muntz
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_w_L-cspPj3w/SwHQ7Jom9jI/AAAAAAAAATI/DmycG3AKk-Y/s1600/282px-CharlesMuntz.jpg

A curse of Pixar villains are they're terrible luck of recognition. You hear more people mention Captain Hook and Maleficent than you do Hopper and Syndrome. Though Muntz will most likely suffer a similar fate, this does not change how good of an adversary he is. For a man well into his 90s, he's one tough guy. You will see very few men with a sword and rifle be even close to as scary as this guy is when he wields weapons. There's something just plain creepy in thinking about this man coming after you. And the scene where he realizes that the bird Kevin is friends with our heroes will give you chills every time you watch it.

SnakeEyes
Hans Landa

/thread

Mr. Rhythmic
Colonel Koobus Venter
"District 9"
http://z.about.com/d/movies/1/0/w/v/T/district9pic8.jpg

Man, what a bastard. There's not much more you can say than that for this guy. If there was any foe this year that you never want to mess with, it's this douchebag. He's such a jerk to levels you never knew existed, but man does he do it well. I hope that ol' Venter gets some recognition in film, because whether or not I'm the only one he made piss their pants doesn't matter when the actor is that great to watch be an ass.

Mr. Rhythmic
Obesandjo
"District 9"
http://www.zvents.com/images/internal/9/4/9/2/img_872949_primary.jpg

"District 9" had some compelling characters, and this baddie was surely one of them. Seriously, if there's one side villain that could effect you like the main antagonist, this is the guy. Crazy, backed up by an army of criminals with guns, and willing to do anything to reach his goal (even eating arms if he has to), Obesandjo is one guy you can't **** with.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Hans Landa

/thread

Thats the first guy that came to mind. Best performance of that movie.

Dr Will Hatch
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic

Charles Muntz
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_w_L-cspPj3w/SwHQ7Jom9jI/AAAAAAAAATI/DmycG3AKk-Y/s1600/282px-CharlesMuntz.jpg

A curse of Pixar villains are they're terrible luck of recognition. You hear more people mention Captain Hook and Maleficent than you do Hopper and Syndrome. Though Muntz will most likely suffer a similar fate, this does not change how good of an adversary he is. For a man well into his 90s, he's one tough guy. You will see very few men with a sword and rifle be even close to as scary as this guy is when he wields weapons. There's something just plain creepy in thinking about this man coming after you. And the scene where he realizes that the bird Kevin is friends with our heroes will give you chills every time you watch it. Indeed, he was a good villain. But I didn't understand his motivations. Other than keeping his secrets hidden, what exactly was he trying to accomplish?

BTW, Hitler for the win. Hans Landa was an anti hero than a villain imo.

Ms.Marvel
the guy from inglorious bastards. hes not only the best villain of the year but id say one of the best of the decade even.

Mr. Rhythmic
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Indeed, he was a good villain. But I didn't understand his motivations. Other than keeping his secrets hidden, what exactly was he trying to accomplish?

He wasn't keeping secrets. He was trying to capture Kevin and prove to civilization that he wasn't a fraud.

BackFire
Hans Landa

/thread

Yep.

Placidity
I liked Nero from Star Trek. Good performance by Bana.

That ACDC Chick
Chris Brown and Kanye West

jk jk...or am i? no expression

SnakeEyes
Looking through this thread I realize that Landa was the only villain that really impressed me this year.

WickedDynamite
Hans gets the popular vote.

For me it will be Captain Nero from Star Trek.

Time Travelling plan = Best scheme. thumb up

Another Best Villain for this year would Michael Bay for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.

That guy is pure evil. yes

-Pr-
Hans Landa

/thread

dadudemon
Hans Landa

/thread

chezzy62
Another nomination for Hans Landa. What a chilling performance by Christoph Waltz.

Nemesis X
Jason Voorhees from the Friday the 13th remake.

Impediment
Hans Landa

/thread

Sadako of Girth
I agree. Hans Landa and Michael Bay.

(With honourable mention to the f***ed up demon thingy in 'Paranormal Activity'.)

Impediment
I have yet to see Paranormal Activity. I heard it was awful.

BackFire
It's not. One of the best and most creative horror films in years.

dadudemon
Originally posted by BackFire

REEEALLY?

*Adds to queue*

I did watch Elephant man. Very nicely done. Some great acting scenes, and emotional moments. Mos def a solid 8. (Though, I did get bored.) It was another good recomendation by yourself.

Next on the list of Backfire recomends is Eraserhead.

BackFire
Yeah, Elephant Man is one of my favorites of all time.

After Eraserhead, get May if you haven't seen it already.

Alpha Centauri
Hans Landa, for me.

Nothing comes close. He's one of the best villains ever, not just this year. Also, lay off Michael Bay, man.

He made Transformers, not New Moon.

-AC

WickedDynamite
Originally posted by BackFire

You said the same for 28 Days

So what's it going to be Mr. Spooky Man?

28 or PA?

(Hostel for me fyi)

Quincy
Yeah the demon from PA is def up there

BackFire
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
You said the same for 28 Days

So what's it going to be Mr. Spooky Man?

28 or PA?

(Hostel for me fyi)

Both are excellent.

FistOfThe North
My personal picks are:

That Ghost - "Paranormal Activity"

Sabertooth/Deadpool - "Xmen Origins: Wolverine"

Johnny Depp as John Dilinger - "Public Enemies"

The Orphan - "The Orphan"

Cobra Commander - "Gi Joe"

Death - "The Final Destination"

That main bad guy cop - "Saw 6"

------------------------------------

worst villain:

Bison - "Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li"

Piccollo - "Dragonball"

Myth
Hans Landa easily for me. He's one of my fav baddies of all time, up there with Vader, Alien Queen, Predator, T1000, T800, Hans Gruber, and Heath Ledger's Joker.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Sabertooth/Deadpool - "Xmen Origins: Wolverine"

Cobra Commander - "Gi Joe"

Deadpool wasn't even in that movie, Wade Wilson was and he wasn't a villain.

That...thing they called "Deadpool" was not Deadpool. At all. There's a reason they're not attaching his movie to that piece of shit interpretation. They're acting like it never happened.

Barakapool didn't even speak, he just fought. How is he in contention with Hans Landa?

Same with Cobra Commander. He wasn't even in it until the end, for about 30 seconds.

-AC

SnakeEyes
John Dillinger really shouldn't be considered a "villain" either.

SnakeEyes
John Dilinger really shouldn't be considered a "villain" either.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

That...thing they called "Deadpool" was not Deadpool. At all. There's a reason they're not attaching his movie to that piece of shit interpretation. They're acting like it never happened.

Barakapool didn't even speak, he just fought. How is he in contention with Hans Landa?

Same with Cobra Commander. He wasn't even in it until the end, for about 30 seconds.

-AC

Right, Wade Wilson whom later becomes Deadpool.

Stryker called him Dealpool too, or was that Weapon XI. I dunno but basically the mutant fighting sabertooth and wolverine atop that smoke stack and the end of the movie. My opinion.

And i've never heard of lans handa until i came on this thread a couple of days ago. i read about him and he's gotten acclaim all across the board for his protrayal and i just got inglorious bastards today which i am ready to watch now just to see what the big deal is with this dude.

And CC was not in the film for 30 secs, c'mon. Besides, he was still in the movie though. Ok, how about preCC when he was the villain with the black hair and the oxygen mask. He's whom i was talking about in fact. i just didn't know his name. He had some of the best mannerisms. They could've done without the Jason X mask at the end, though. But those are my picks, and my opinion. I'm not talking movies here. Just villains.

Phantom Miria

-AC

His name in that movie is Deadpool. Sounds like a good enough reason to call him Deadpool when referring to him.

Then again, maybe I am just too big a fan of names. Names .. Who needs 'em?

Then again, he might have been named "The Deadpool", I do not quite remember. Was a time since I last saw it.

BackFire

Barakapool...

-AC

Hahahaha.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.