Expanded Universe character poll

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Xizor
This is just like UBH's OT trilogy character poll and will be graded the same way. Please pick your 5 favorite EU characters from the folowing list.

Prince Xizor
Guri
Dash Rendar
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Mara Jade
Gilad Pallaeon
Joruus C'Baoth
Talon Karrde
Garm Bel Iblis
Winter
Admiral Daala
Kyp Durron
Exar Kun
Durga the Hutt
Bria Tharen
Jaina Solo
Jacen Solo
Anakin Solo
Qwi Xux
Prince Isolder

My 5 favorites are:
1) Prince Xizor
2) Grand Admiral Thrawn
3) Gilad Pallaeon
4) Joruus C'Baoth
5) Guri

Tom Gon Jinn
Exar Kun,
Mara Jade,
Dash Rendar,
Xizor,
uhh, that's it.

UnknownBountyHunter
1)Anakin Solo
2)Lowbacca
3)Mara Jade
4)Prince Xizor
5)Grand Admiral Thrawn

Dim
Jaina Solo
Winter
Talon Karrde
Prince Xizor
Anakin Solo

Xizor
Very good, although Tom, you should try and find 1 more and UBH, Lowbacca is not a choice. Dim, are you picking Xizor b/c of my descriptions of him?

Dim
Yes smile

Xizor
That's awesome, have you seen him yet?

UnknownBountyHunter
Lowbacca is awesome, on the list or not I like him. smile

Dim
Yeah Xiz, I finally got a looksie...smile

Jedi Mercenary
Lowbaccas a boy, It's Chewies nephew.

UnknownBountyHunter
Sorry I got mixed up. Don't ask I'm tired.

Xizor
OK master, I made your precious Lowbacca a choice. I need more people to give me their lists so I can tally up the winners.

UnknownBountyHunter
I don't see him up there?? mad

Xizor
Yes well after I wrote that I couldn't edit my post. Too bad. We'll count Lowbacca anyway, despite his insignificance as a EU character.

UnknownBountyHunter
YEAH!! smile

Xizor
So Far:
1) Xizor
2) Mara
3) Anakin Solo
4) Thrawn
5) Exar Kun/Jaina Solo

Keep posting, I haven't heard from Evil Jedi, King Jedi Jedi Mercenary, or all you new guys so lets get moving. Way to go Xizor!!!(not me, the charactersmile )

Jedimaster3838
1. Kyp Durron (I know he killed a lot of people but he is still cool)
2. Anakin Solo (The best Jedi of the three kids)
3. Mara Jade Skywalker (Wife of Luke, 'nuff said)
4. Thrawn (Best villain, besides Vader of course)
5. Jacen Solo (He is about to turn to the Dark side in the new book Balance Point, the next Darth Vader?)

Xizor
Good choices although your falure to put Xizor on your list gives UBH's Anakin Solo a higher rating.smile Balance Point? How long after ANH does this book take place, it would have to be like 25-30 years.

Jedimaster3838
Yes, Balance Point is about 25 years after ROTJ. And it is highly speculated that it will be the book that kills off Luke. Luke pulls a Kenobi by sacrificing himself, to help Jacen, but he fails to see what Luke is doing and turns to the Dark Side to rid the galaxy of the new threat. These are just rumors, but this series has already seen the death of Chewie, and this new hardback is promised to kill off one(at least) important character, others rumored include Lando, Wedge, and Jacen

Darth Daft
My five are

1: Grand Admiral Thrawn
2: Mara Jade
3: Talon Kaarde
4: Gilad Pellaeon
5: Joruus C'baoth

But then, I've only read the Thrawn Trilogy. Nothing else. sad (I feel so ashamed of myself.)

Xizor
Nothing to be ashamed of, 4 of those guys were in mt top 5 and I've read like 40 SW's books. The Thrawn trilogy does have the best characters. You can tell not only through fan support, but how other author's use Zahn's characters to make their books better, Read Shadows of the Empire, it's only 1 book, not a trilogy and takes place when Vader and Palpy are still alive. It's a great book and also introduces the Dark Prince: Xizor.smile

Darth Daft
I'm not actually a good reader. Good writer maybe, but not a good reader.

Jedimaster3838
In the New Jedi Order series they mention a new character by the name of Dorma, he is a Ryn. Right now he is filling in for Chewie(R.I.P.) and he and Han are quite a pair, all they do is argue, just like Han and Chewie, its rather amusing at times

Xizor
Sounds cool, I have to read those books. I spent the last month reading the Thrawn duology and re-reading the corellian trilogy. I don't have a lot of time though. JM38, who are your favorite EU characters, and does this new wook owe Han a life debt?

Jedimaster3838
My favorite characters are Kyp Durron and Anakin Solo. This new guy does not owe Han a life debt but Han and he are searching for his "clan" and they found them, but I expect Dorma to stick around. Some of the Wookies want to take Chewie's place, because they think a life debt is supposed to last until the person being protected dies, but Han does not want another Wookie, it'd be too weird.

Xizor
Thanks for the info. Wookies are cool!!!

Dim
I think we need more ladies represented in the poll smile

Xizor
HEY DIM!!!!!!!!!!! 7 of my 20 choices(21 if you count that Shmuck Lowbacca)are women. That's a real good one in three ratio of girls to guys. Especially in a Universe devoid of many female characters. Well if a feminist must comlain lets hear what EU girls I unjustly left off? I can think of only 1: Gaerial Captison. Anyhow we need more of your favorites because It's a three way tie between Thrawn, XIZOR!! and Jade. So far:

Xizor- 11
Thrawn- 11
Jade- 11
anakin- 10
Karrde- 6
Pallaeon- 5
Exar Kun- 5
Jaina- 5
Winter- 4
lowbacca- 4
Dash- 3
Guri- 1
Jacen-1

Jedimaster3838
I think Jacen will get a lot more votes after the new book Balance Point comes out on Tuesday. Supposidly his character is developed a lot more

UnknownBountyHunter
I agree with JediMaster on that, and Dim, don't be offended, Mara Jade and Jaina are two of my favorite characters as well. Xizor, check out your post now, don't ever make fun of LOWBACCA! wink

Xizor
I checked it out, apparently even more deprecating things were said about that shmo in my abscence. I only left one on there as not to humiliate him further. I look forward to reading balance point and hearing Dims response to her bizarre statement.

UnknownBountyHunter
Me & you are gonna tangle, bud! smile

Xizor
Time and Place!evil face

UnknownBountyHunter
Don't befallen thy sugar ash when truck fall overth thy hill of doom on left-legged goat sunday birthday bash.

Xizor
Though art foresaken by thy word
Though art accursed by stone and
Thy word is false
Though shalt die and thy word will die

Jedi Mercenary
now you're crazy talkin'

Xizor
UBH has been to afraid of me to respond.smile Are you the same Merc who left awhile back?

Admiral Kettch
Well...my favorite EU characters are:

1.Lt.Kettch(Yub yub, commander!)
2.Exar Kun(the FIRST double-bladed lightsabre)
3.Mandalore(Fett's just a wannabe)
4.Wes Janson
5.Jodo Kast/GAThrawn(the man could do it all)

Buuut, if I have to pick from your list I'd go with:

1.Exar Kun
2.Thrawn
3.Pellaeon
4.Jacen
5.Bria Tharen

"Yub yub, commander." -Various Lt.Kettch personaes

Xizor
All right!! Thrawn is turning prime time, yet another no vote for Xizor.sad No, No, commander.

strega13
1) exar kun : the most impressive dark lord of the sith so far
2) mara jade : neither good or evil
3) grand admiral thrawn

the others in the list are absolutely useless and uninspired ( especialy the solo kids )
two more that were not on the list but are awesome : naga sadow ,ulic qel droma

Dirty Vader
My favourite caracters (from the list) are:
_ Grand Admiral Thrawn
_ Mara Jade
_ Senator Garm Bel Iblis
_ Talon Karrde
_ Captain/Vice Admiral Pallaeon

Julie
Jaina, Jacen, and Anakin solo
Mara Jade Skywalker,
and Gilad Paelleon

Darth Bandon
Exar Kun
Revan
Jolee Bindo
HK-47
Ajunta Pall

Darth Revan
DARTH REVAN!!!!

Rogue Jedi
exar kun
darth bane
mara jade
talon karrde
grand admiral thrawn
ganner rhysode
nom amor
corran horn

Darth Jello
Xizor, Mara jade, thrawn, Dash Rendar, guri

Darth Jello
and not from the list: Assajj Ventress, Durge, Sate Pestage, Darsha Assant, and the ARCs

Mist
1 Exar Kun
2 Prince Xizor
3 Talon Karrde
4 Kyp Durron
5 Mara Jade

Mist
there really should be a shadows of the empire movie.

Julie
Revan is cool too......I prefer the reformed Revan though

Tenel Ka
1. Tenel Ka (I know she's not on the list, but she's my favorite EU character!)
2. Mara Jade
3. Bria Tharen
4. Jaina Solo
5. Jacen Solo

VengeanceGOD
Not in any order:

Nom Anor
Jacen Solo
Mara Jade
Kyp Durron
Corran Horn

Gotwa
Here's my five from the original list, with an added one:

Grand Admiral Thrawn
Gilad Palleon
Exar Kun
Anakin Solo
Rukh Clan Baik'var

Julie
Tenel Ka is a cool character ....have you read all the YJK books?

Lord_Andres
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/starwars.gif

Lord_Andres

Lord_Andres
.http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/starwars.gif

Julie
laughing out loud roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dirty Vader
Damn! I forgot about Ysanne Isard, I like her a lot too.

Samas-adian
Corran Horn - the book I, Jedi... where he took on smugglers
Jacen Solo
Kyp Durron
Warmaster Tsavong Lah
Nom Anor

Julie
ah yes good old ice heart....there's a nice story about her and I believe Corran in one of the Tales books...I think it's Tales of the New Republic

eleveninches
Does this include KOTOR / tales of the jedi

angiethedragon
I LOVE GRAND ADMIRAL THRAWN AND DASH RENDAR THEY ARE THE COOLEST, I LIKE THE ESTEEMED GRAND ADMIRAL FOR HIS COOL BLUE COLOR WITH THE RED EYES TO NEUTRALIZE HIS COLOR AND THE BLUE BLACK HAIR *almost druels* AND HIS STRONG WILL AND DETERMINATION, I LIKE THE EGO MANIAC DASH RENDAR FOR HIS HAIR COLOR EYE COLOR AND HIS ATTITUDE AND HIS SHIP I MIGHT ADD

Julie
I don't see why not...they are part of the EU.....let's see I like Bastila and Carth....and of course DArth Revan evil face

eleveninches
Exar Kun
Ulic qel Droma
Nomi Sunrider
Anakin Skywalker (2nd)
Jacen Solo
Kyp Durron
Freedon Nadd
Naga Sadow
Jania Solo

Julie
in that order???

Dirty Vader
Well not sure. Maybe its Tales from the Empire. but you could be right.
I love those Tales from.. books. Brilliant.

eleveninches
Exar Kun Rules!!!!

The greatest dark jedi of his time.
He should have been more than a match for Luke

eleveninches
Qel droma is not too bad either, though he really ends up as a total loser, losing his force connection

Dirty Vader
Well he was only a spirit then. And he did put luke in a coma.
Besides Palpy would woop his 5000 year old ass any time.

Julie
probally.....but I don't think dead guys fight:-)

rudysseus
Mine are (in no real order of preference)

1) Thrawn ( the bad guys always seem cooler than the heroes to me)
2) Mara Jade
3) Joruus C'baoth (more bad guys)
4) Jaina Solo (kinda hoped she'd go to the dark side)
5) Xizor

hmm....all of these were either bad or in that small gray area between good and bad at one point or another

Rogue Jedi
my fab five EU characters are:
1. kyp durron
2. corran horn
3. booster terrik
4. talon karde
5. grand admiral palleon

Julie
she did hit the dark side.....er sort of.....the returned....it could have been described better, but oh well

§pearhead
In no particular order...Kardde, Palleaon, Thrawn, Corran Horn, and even though he's only in two books and died cry Ton Phanan from Wraith Squadron.

Julie
Mara Jade's an awesome character....

JediHDM
I would have to say...

1. Anakin Solo
2. Grand Admiral Thrawn
2. Mara Jade
2. Gilad Pallaeon
5. Garm Bel Iblis

There are a few others, like Winter and Kaarde, that i really like too, but i would have to say those would be my five favorites. I have three tied for 2nd because, well, i cant decide who i like more. But Anakin is definitely the top.

Creechuur
Sorry dude, theres too many characters missing from your list

1. Grand Admiral Thrawn - You don't get better than a guy who can wipe out a species by studying its artwork.

2. Corran Horn
3. Shaak Ti (I include her because she's my favorite Jedi from the movie who got no play. Maybe her star will shine in the EU)
4. Mara Jade
5. The crazy guy in the locker on Manaan in KotOR

Julie
perhaps....write a fanfic about her.....in the meantime...then corss your fingers and wait for the EU heads to get to the small time jedi

Mace Skywalker
Luke Skywalker
Han Solo
Jacan Solo
Jaina Solo
Mara Jade Skywalker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.