Kahn and batdude's Tourney Odds Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthgoober
I know it's still a little early, but I figured I'd go ahead and make the threat since it's interesting to see how the odds change as each new pick is drafted. So far the participants are...

Team psycho charlotte - Kyle Rayner (GL), Zatanna, Tangent Superman

Team darthgoober & Blair Wind - Silver Surfer, Dr. Doom, Eradicator

Team Omega Vision & JL King - Wally West (Flash), All Star Superman

Team JaketheBank - Thor, Cyborg Superman, Infinity Man

Team: id369 and King Kandy - Genis-Vell, Quasar, Onslaught

Team Philosophia and PR - Hal Jordan (GL), Superman, Martian Manhunter

Team Leonidas & Galen007 - Blue Superman, Loki, Atrocitus

Team Kris Blaze & KM - Captain Comet, Nate Grey, Adam Warlock

Discuss.

Kris Blaze
Ha-son and dickidus will not win.

Digi
As a judge for this thing, I feel less inclined to take sides at all. Nothing can be ascertained by first picks anyway. Of those, however, Superman has the most weaknesses that will need covered. If they are, he's got as much power as anyone on the list, so it's not necessarily a bad pick. Just a riskier one.

Digi
Also, historically, Thor is great for getting you into the finals. Usually losing in the finals, granted. Thor has a win, and something like four 2nd place finishes. But I'm guessing that would be a good showing for Jake and Kris.

stick out tongue

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Digi
Also, historically, Thor is great for getting you into the finals. Usually losing in the finals, granted. Thor has a win, and something like four 2nd place finishes. But I'm guessing that would be a good showing for Jake and Kris.

stick out tongue
Let's not forget how much Batdude loves Superman. If he's judging, it oughta even out.

Badabing
Tangent Superman. The plot thickens...mmm

id369
Originally posted by Badabing
Tangent Superman. The plot thickens...mmm We ended up keeping Genis-Vell.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by darthgoober
I'd go ahead and make the threat freudian slip?

;\

Zeuodin
Silver Surfer and Tanget Superman are going to be hard to beat.

King Kandy
Tangent Superman isn't in this. It's Genis we ended up drafting.

TheKahn
Confirmed Teams and Drafted Characters

Team psycho charlotte - Kyle Rayner (GL)

Team darthgoober/Blair Wind - Silver Surfer

Team Omega Vision & JL - Wally West (Flash)

Team JaketheBank & Kris Blaze - Thor

Team Twig & Berries (Ha Son and Validus) - Superman

Team: id369 and King Kandy - Genis-Vell

Draft Round 2: Monday, Dec. 21 8pm EST

-Pr-
Some interesting choices so far... mmm

Digi
Originally posted by -Pr-
Some interesting choices so far... mmm

Disagree. The draft list has read like a Who's Who of well-known tourney draft picks. Not that it's bad, mind you. I'm as big a culprit as any of always targeting Thor in drafts, for example (who is, besides Surfer, the only other "so useful he must be taken at some point" pick of the heralds). But as soon as somebody drafts Space Phantom, then I'll be impressed.

wink

-Pr-
Disagree. The draft list has read like a Who's Who of well-known tourney draft picks. Not that it's bad, mind you. I'm as big a culprit as any of always targeting Thor in drafts, for example (who is, besides Surfer, the only other "so useful he must be taken" pick of the heralds). But as soon as somebody drafts Space Phantom, then I'll be impressed.

wink

actually, i meant it in the context of who drafted who. Like, Omega drafting Wally, for instance.

id369
Disagree. The draft list has read like a Who's Who of well-known tourney draft picks. Not that it's bad, mind you. I'm as big a culprit as any of always targeting Thor in drafts, for example (who is, besides Surfer, the only other "so useful he must be taken at some point" pick of the heralds). But as soon as somebody drafts Space Phantom, then I'll be impressed.

wink If Space Phantom ability was not banned, we would have drafted him. awesrug

Kris Blaze

wink
Made me wiki him.

King Kandy

wink
Space Phantom was actually my first pick, but the ban on power copying made him worthless.

id369
We where really aiming to draft obscure characters, rarely seen in tournaments. grumpy

King Kandy
That strategy went out the window pretty quick though, it seems.

-Pr-
obscurity is overrated imo.

TheKahn
There's still one more round in the draft shifty

id369
obscurity is overrated imo.

Your comments are overrated. uhuh

-Pr-
Originally posted by id369
Your comments are overrated. uhuh

msn-oh

JakeTheBank
Cool teams so far. Interesting to see how some of them will mesh.

-Pr-

Original Smurph
... Fail. smile

-Pr-
Originally posted by Original Smurph
Fail. smile

i was in the wrong thread. big deal.

Original Smurph
i was in the wrong thread. big deal. I kid, I kid.

-Pr-
I kid, I kid.

uhuh

long time no see.

Original Smurph
uhuh

long time no see. aye.

you freeze to death in the land of cold and ice yet?

i fly back there tomorrow. i'm dreading the weather.

-Pr-
aye.

you freeze to death in the land of cold and ice yet?

i fly back there tomorrow. i'm dreading the weather.

barely managing. you were on vacation?

Original Smurph
barely managing. you were on vacation? university, ontario.

it rains here in december. WTF.

still better than the -40 with windchill that I hear you guys are getting though...

Original Smurph
did you make that sig?

-Pr-
university, ontario.

still better than the -40 with windchill that I hear you guys are getting though...

ah. how is uni going?

did you make that sig?

it's just a panel from a comic cropped with a border. i aint that good at photoshop lol...

Original Smurph
ah. how is uni going? it's... going. haha, the christmas break is much needed. how's the accustoming to Canada going?

it's just a panel from a comic cropped with a border. i aint that good at photoshop lol... MEH. i enjoy it.

-Pr-
it's... going. haha, the christmas break is much needed. how's the accustoming to Canada going?

MEH. i enjoy it.

not too bad. working in a local blockbuster.

as do i. laughing out loud

Original Smurph
not too bad. working in a local blockbuster.

as do i. laughing out loud Hmph... pretty sure blockbuster never called me back.

who are you teamed with for this thing?

-Pr-
Hmph... pretty sure blockbuster never called me back.

who are you teamed with for this thing?

i kept badgering them. its how i got it.

philosophia.

King Kandy
Team psycho charlotte - Kyle Rayner (GL), Zatanna

Team darthgoober & Blair Wind - Silver Surfer, Dr. Doom

Team JaketheBank - Thor, Cyborg Superman

Team: id369 and King Kandy - Genis-Vell, Quasar

Team Philosophia and PR - Hal Jordan (GL), Superman

Team Leonidas & Galen007 - Blue Superman, Loki

Well unless someone new joins, it looks the round two drafts are pretty much over... it's pretty early to make guesses, but i'd rank the competition something like this (not counting my team):

1. Darth/BW: They've drafted solid characters, but the reason i'm putting them on top is really because they are probably the best debaters and most seasoned tourney participants, both having wins under their belt.

2. Philo/PR: In terms of character choice, it's hard to go wrong... but i'll have to see the third character first.

3. Leonidas/Galan: Two excellent debaters, and Leo has won tourneys before, more than I can say for myself, having only ever gotten to... I think semifinals? Their team looks a little underpowered to me upon first analysis, but again i'll need to see what develops.

4. Jakethebank: He has potentially the strongest team so far, but I know absolutely nothing about his debating skills so i'm sticking him here. If he knows what he's doing though, he could go far.

5. PsychoCharlotte: I know a bit about Psycho, and i've faced both with and against Charlotte, and I see them taking plenty of wins but petering out against the more heavyweight competitors here... as for the team I can't know anything whatsoever here before the third character.

6. Omega/JLking: Let it be said first off, I really like the team they've assembled so far... but somebody has to be last, and so far i'm seeing a bit of lack of versatility in the picks... I'd rather list this one as "?" though, because I know nothing about the competitors themselves.

Original Smurph
i kept badgering them. its how i got it.

philosophia. Forced them into it eh? Belligerence IS the way of the irish, amirite?

Oh, really? I'm... sorry. erm

Shitty deal.

-Pr-
Forced them into it eh? Belligerence IS the way of the irish, amirite?

Shitty deal.

uhuh

jalous?

id369

Kris Blaze
Leo and Galan better pull this one home.

Two of the strongest picks of the tier threads and while fagdude's limitations hampers them a bit, they're still pretty safe bets. Loki's magic is so strong that he can remain undetected and visible to Skyfathers. The guy can even work his magic while intangible and invisible! Blueman (group) has already proven that he's every bit as formidable as regular Paulman, and can insta-counter Green Lanterns. I mean, who's gonna beat them, Paul? haermm

Original Smurph
Being able to be viewed by skyfathers is quite a powerful feat.

edit- Nice edit, Kris. smile

Original Smurph
uhuh

jalous? Paul, you see right through me.

The Nuul
Holy shit, nice picks.....

I cant decide on the best pick...the only iffy one is Kyle Rayner (GL), Zatanna.

leonidas
university, ontario.

laughing out loud

weather in ontario is stupid in december. and what university??

oh, and i finally hooked up that whole msn thing you and bw were badgering me about. pm me and i'll send you my addy if you're interested.

if not, f you. no expression

oh, and welcome back. it's never the same without. wink

The Nuul
Originally posted by The Nuul
Holy shit, nice picks.....

I cant decide on the best pick...the only iffy one is Kyle Rayner (GL), Zatanna.

I just dont know Zatanna too well thats all.

TheKahn
I can tell everyone is doing their homework. Because their choices aim to complement, and build upon their teams through prep

Team darthgoober & Blair Wind - Silver Surfer, Dr. Doom
Ha this one is simple. Silver Surfer embeds Dr. Doom with power cosmic. Even at low levels, its enough to manipulate matter at an atomic level. Which screams rebuilding his tech and facility from scratch instantly.

Too bad castle Von Doom won't fit in the team lounges evil face

Originally posted by TheKahn
Each team will have access to a "team lounge" measuring 15x15 meters with a couple of couches, satellite tv, refrigerator, washroom, and an assortment of snacks and drinks prior to each fight where they can use their prep time.

batdude123
Originally posted by Kris Blaze

Two of the strongest picks of the tier threads and while fagdude's limitations hampers them a bit, they're still pretty safe bets. Loki's magic is so strong that he can remain undetected and visible to Skyfathers. The guy can even work his magic while intangible and invisible! Blueman (group) has already proven that he's every bit as formidable as regular Paulman, and can insta-counter Green Lanterns. I mean, who's gonna beat them, Paul? haermm

Fagdude? Come on now. At least let it rhyme... like Kris Gayz.

Philosophía
Blue Superman is a good choice. I hate you, Galan. Originally posted by Original Smurph

Shitty deal.
I'd have cried myself to sleep after reading this a year ago.

Happily for me, you haven't been relevant for quite a while now.

batdude123
SNAPZ!!11

The Nuul
Originally posted by batdude123

laughing

Fatdude owns...

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by batdude123
Why you gotta hurt?

-Pr-

yes, i'm going to reveal my plan to take down loki in front of the entire group of entrants.

no.

Paul, you see right through me.

as always. sad

Digi
I'd like to say that Scoob and I pioneered the power cosmic transfer idea, and I think it was me that dug up the scan. If Doom is whipping around on a silver surfboard, awesome as that image is, it's not a new strategy.

stick out tongue

I'm also not looking forward to reading goober and Blair's prep. Smart move, poozers. Just know that for every new piece of tech you build in prep, I kill a kitten.

Also, Pr, you already drafted these identical people in a former herald draft. Points for loyalty, and it's not a bad team, but I wonder what will be different this time around. It was only good for, what, a semis appearance last time? Maybe the quarters? I hope there's some new wrinkles.

-Pr-
I'd like to say that Scoob and I pioneered the power cosmic transfer idea, and I think it was me that dug up the scan. If Doom is whipping around on a silver surfboard, awesome as that image is, it's not a new strategy.

stick out tongue

I'm also not looking forward to reading goober and Blair's prep. Smart move, poozers. Just know that for every new piece of tech you build in prep, I kill a kitten.

Also, Pr, you already drafted these identical people in a former herald draft. Points for loyalty, and it's not a bad team, but I wonder what will be different this time around. It was only good for, what, a semis appearance last time? Maybe the quarters? I hope there's some new wrinkles.

the picks were never at fault, i was. it was my lack of knowledge about the characters that ultimately cost me, but this time around, that isn't going to be an issue.

Bentley
Honestly, Loki should go all the way here if used correctly.

id369
stoned

Digi
My favorite moment so far:

Jake: We draft Magneto

KK: We draft Onslaught

Jake {to himself}: *#&@!

King Kandy
My favorite moment so far:

Jake: We draft Magneto

KK: We draft Onslaught

Jake {to himself}: *#&@!
That's why he switched his pick...

Digi
And somebody tell goober and Blair that team names this early in the game is a bit over the top. I feel like we're back in '07, where people splooged themselves over things like "team signatures" and "Paint Shop Pro pics of my amalgam." Good times. Good times...

fdog

id369
http://starlockforfreedom.bravepages.com/kmcsigsandavs/idtest2send.jpg

Blair Wind
And somebody tell goober and Blair that team names this early in the game is a bit over the top. I feel like we're back in '07, where people splooged themselves over things like "team signatures" and "Paint Shop Pro pics of my amalgam." Good times. Good times...

fdog

Team Name? confused

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about.

psycho gundam
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/6454/psychocharlotte.jpg

sad

King Kandy
WTF?

Where did that come from?

-Pr-
Originally posted by psycho gundam
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/6454/psychocharlotte.jpg

sad

the possible innuendos for a picture like that are staggering.

yes, i'm a bad, bad man... sad

psycho gundam
yeah yeah, "wonder where the hatch to get in would be"

"i hope that toy's life size *wink*"

Charlotte DeBel
yeah yeah, "wonder where the hatch to get in would be"

"i hope that toy's life size *wink*"

I don't mind your pic, it's funny and I don't mind possible kinkiness.

King Kandy

Team JaketheBank - Thor, Cyborg Superman, Infinity Man

So, with everyone fully drafted except team Omega Vision, anyone want to post some odds?

Charlotte DeBel
Leo\Galen and Goobs\Blair Wind are the only ones I don't like to face.

Pr\Phil went for classics, it seems.

And our team &yours, Kandy, are the only brickless ones in that thing. We'll see how effective it'll work in both cases (though I won't like the idea of facing you in the very 1st round, if the tourney is patterned by the same system as the one Kahn won- 4 KO battles to determine 4 teams going to the semis, and then in the finals...going by the randomness of the pairing, we may end up with "deathmatches"\mini-finals on the very early stage, if two teams led by very good debators clash.

Charlotte DeBel
==========
AKA team Psionic Megatanks... but then, if said company was to be assembled by me or Id it would have been much scarier... but they'll dominate a bunch of teams.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by leonidas
laughing out loud

weather in ontario is stupid in december. and what university??

oh, and i finally hooked up that whole msn thing you and bw were badgering me about. pm me and i'll send you my addy if you're interested.

if not, f you. no expression

oh, and welcome back. it's never the same without. wink Queen's.

Yeah, will do. It's not like my list of contacts is exclusive or anything.

Pretty sure I even have Philosophia added.... erm

Bentley
Gotta admit that Philosophia and PR had some balls by being so bold in their choices.

Original Smurph

Philosophía
Not relevant?

That cuts. That cuts deep.

I know it does.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Bentley
Gotta admit that Philosophia and PR had some balls by being so bold in their choices.

sarcasm? sad

Bentley
sarcasm? sad

Superman and Hal are a whole lot of feats to work from, that can be for or against you. Hence I really need to see you debating to see you debating to give you good odds arabia

But if I were you I would be worried whistle

stick out tongue

-Pr-
Originally posted by Bentley
Superman and Hal are a whole lot of feats to work from, that can be for or against you. Hence I really need to see you debating to see you debating to give you good odds arabia

But if I were you I would be worried whistle

stick out tongue

i'm not worried, and for one reason only:

these guys aren't using their own mindset; they're using mine.

Kris Blaze

Putting the mindset of El Sexo inside a kryptonian does not a hero make, but a rapist flying at lightspeed.

Digi
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Team Name? confused

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about.

Damnit. I thought were team Omega Vision. I read it wrong. Consider my veiled insult directed at them, then.

embarrasment

The Nuul

Thats just great......roll eyes (sarcastic) Hal, MM and Supes with a mindset of a crazy Irish man.

I guess it could be worst like having the mindset of an Italian.

Kris Blaze
How I imagine it going, sans me and KM. I have no idea how American odds are handled.

Team Leonidas & Galen007: 2.21

Strongest team so far it seems. Two solid debaters and an incredibly strong character pick. Atrocitus is something of a new-comer, which means that nobody is quite sure what he can do in a tourney. Thor, Surfer, Hal, these are all characters who have been tested time and time again. Nobody has seen the effect this raging redling can have in a tournament, and I can see Leo and Galan really putting him to good use. Furthermore there's Loki and Superman Blue, both versatile and powerful in their own right. Loki was initially my first choice and I regret seeing him go to another team, especially two strong opponents such as these. While Superman Blue is the result of some truly awful writing, he will no doubt be a monster when put to his full potential in a tournament. I expect these guys to go all the way.

Team Darthgoober & Blair Wind: 2.37

Speaking of versatility, these guys have it. The Power Cosmic, The Power Magic and The Power Bad Haircut. Eradicator is well known for being far stronger in tourneys and PIS-free settings than in the actual comics themselves. Doom does not have the strength to match most of the opponents in a firefight, but has grown immensely powerful in the last year. And we all know that Doom is not best with his -own- powers, but with others. Surfer, we've all seen Goob with this guy. We're not simply talking endless possibilities as far as preparation goes, but two of the strongest debaters about. Some might think these guys are all hype, but I happen to think the exact opposite. These will pose a dreaded challenge to anyone unfortunate enough to face them.

id369 and King Kandy:3.1

King Kandy is well versed in the ways of tourneys, as I have seen and judged before. If not for a keen intellect and debating skills, then at least for persistence and mental fortitude. A will no man can break, a character no man can fake and a thirst of Sentry's penis that no writer can slake. I always considered ID the forum's residential Psionic fan, along with Charlotte and Exodus. They have strong picks, but it seems like ID is not playing to his strengths here which will keep them from going all the way. They are still a solid threat and should not be underestimated by any opponent. We're talking about a good combination of debaters, choices of characters and inventiveness.

Team Psycho Charlotte: 3.3

Not long ago I judged a battlezone fight between these two, and having judged some of Charlotte's earlier fights, I can safely say that I have been at least given some insight here. This team's success will rely on how well they are able to handle their characters and whether or not THEY CAN PROVE IT. Kyle and Zatanna are characters with some real ups and downs, and while I credit that to DC's liking for mentally retarded writers with absolutely no concept of power level, it can have a negative effect on some of the fights outcomes. Sometimes it's better to play it safe than to get lost in convoluted tactics and unlikely scenarios. But playing it safe might not be enough to win the day, considering their opponents.

Team Jakethebank:

Who is this guy? Where does he come from? Jake was like a blast from the past, appearing on the forum, pulling up old debates and engaging in relentless debates. Much like Khan, I have no idea what this guy is capable of. All I know is that he secured himself the strongest characters around, and does not plan to play around. We're talking about one of the best tech'ers, Henshaw and possibly the greatest tourney character around, Thor. My initial team-mate, which I had to disgracefully abandon (Sorry 'bout that still) in favor of some other picks. He will not be getting an odds, as I do not know what he can and can't do. All I can do is sit back and wait. Something tells me, I won't be disappointed.

Team Omega Vision & JL King: 4.2

Omega Vision is something of a newcomer to KMC, but managed to make his presence known. With an uncanny resemblance to the ol' village idiot Trick, sans the rage, we soon grew to love him. I have not yet seen their third pick, which makes it difficult to say, but so far their picks have not been the greatest. All-Star Superman is a case of quality over quantity, but unfortunately it's mostly quality writing and not quality feats. He's a risk. The Flash is a solid character, but he has at least as many shortcomings as he has strengths. Good team, but I do not see these guys taking home any trophies.

Team Philosophia and PR: 4.9

PR made a case out of picking the most predictable and well known characters. Teamed up with a young'un who frequents Herochat more than KMC, Paul plans to prove how formidable Superman can be with PIS off. Picking characters who the plot often seems to favour instead of hamper, did not seem like the greatest move in the back not when choosing your tourney line-up. Even with tourney limitations set to help Superman as much as possible, I do not see these two being able to play to their character's strengths. Their weaknesses are numerous and glaring. I expect no big surprises from this team and assume most debaters already have countermeasures for their choices already. Good Luck, you will need it.

xJLxKing
Just wait and see how powerful Team Omega and JL king is. We will strike at the heart of out enemies.
They will hear us, they will believe us, and most of all they will fear us

-Pr-
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Just wait and see how powerful Team Omega and JL king is. We will strike at the heart of out enemies.

you need to pick a #3 pick, dude.

TheKahn

Yeah, and sooner is better than later.

xJLxKing
I send a PM to omega. I gave him a few suggestions, but ultimately, it's his decision. We were going to pick Infinity Man, After someone picked him, I protested stick out tongue

Digi
Originally posted by xJLxKing

Dude, you just lost the tourney. Right there. Thanks for playing.

no expression

stick out tongue

King Kandy
Dude, you just lost the tourney. Right there. Thanks for playing.

no expression

stick out tongue
Hey Digi, the first season of league of champions has been over for quite some time; are you going to update the tourney respect thread anytime? I was just looking over it so I could read all my old matches, but I got stumped there.

Blair Wind
Digi hasnt updated it since no one "officially" won

Digi
Hell, I can't even remember the first League. Did I say I wasn't updating it? I dunno, PM me if you have any info from it that I should update. Otherwise, I'll try to deal with it after the new year.

King Kandy
Oh, good point, that one never actually ended...

Digi
I've also grown a bit lax with that thread. I haven't been able to keep up with everything I once did. Is that the one I used Minion in? Or was it after that? I'm losing track, tbh.

Starscream M
How I imagine it going, sans me and KM. I have no idea how American odds are handled.

excellent analysis! bravo

id369
With out power meshing or prep. I will give you my list of threat level, against my team. 1-5 with 5 being the highest. Naturally I will not reveal why.

???

Team Kris Blaze & KM - Captain Comet, Beta Ray Bill, Talisman II/Shaman

Team Omega Vision & JL King - Wally West (Flash), All Star Superman, Swamp Thing

Team JaketheBank - Thor, Cyborg Superman, Sinestro

Digi
goober and Blair have the most combined experience, and as solid a team as any. Making predictions is much, much easier once we've seen a match or two, and is traditionally not accurate even then, but they should head the list. I like a lot of the teams though.

King Kandy
Of all the teams excluding myself, i'd give Goober/BW the best odds.

id369
Oi! Kandy. What about "Inglorious Bastards", for team name?

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by King Kandy
Of all the teams excluding myself, i'd give Goober/BW the best odds.

Cosign basically. Them and Leo\Galan. Your team is inconvinient opponent due to the "mirror effect" but I try my best.

psycho gundam
i just want to see goob/blair vs pr/phil throwdown

shifty

-Pr-
i just want to see goob/blair vs pr/phil throwdown

shifty

laughing out loud

psycho gundam
you all know you want to see it also

there should be "i was owned" sigs made for these matches

-Pr-
you all know you want to see it also

there should be "i was owned" sigs made for these matches

not that i mind, but why?

psycho gundam
not that i mind, but why? only thing better than gloating about winning is when the guy you beat sings your praises for you.

-Pr-
only thing better than gloating about winning is when the guy you beat sings your praises for you.

laughing out loud

ah.

Kris Blaze
Leo/Galan have better odds in my opinion.

King Kandy
Leo/Galan have better odds in my opinion.
In terms of their team, I agree they have a potentially better one... However I personally believe darthgoober is the best debater on the site, bar none, and BW isn't far behind. Don't get me wrong, Leo is an excellent debater and tourney vet, and while Galan hasn't really gone out much for tourneys, I highly respect his knowledge... but I would give Darth/BW best odds almost independent of the actual teams that have been picked.

Kris Blaze
In terms of their team, I agree they have a potentially better one... However I personally believe darthgoober is the best debater on the site, bar none, and BW isn't far behind. Don't get me wrong, Leo is an excellent debater and tourney vet, and while Galan hasn't really gone out much for tourneys, I highly respect his knowledge... but I would give Darth/BW best odds almost independent of the actual teams that have been picked.
'nuff said man.

id369
I am really looking forward to this one. I think this specific tournament, is going to go down as the most competitive one to this date. It will be hard dethrone it, due to the sheer scope of quality participants, and choices.

Anyhow this is how I view each team with the simplest expression.

mhmm

coffee1

drummer2

abccoffee

Team Leonidas & Galen007 - Annihilus, Loki, Dark Flash
smurph

uggh

Team Omega Vision & JL King - Wally West (Flash), All Star Superman, Swamp Thing
yep

superm

darthgoober
clap

Kris Blaze
uggh
What the shit is this supposed to mean? uhuh

id369
What the shit is this supposed to mean? uhuh

uggh

Starscream M
I am really looking forward to this one. I think this specific tournament, is going to go down as the most competitive one to this date.

I agree. This is a very high quality tourney with iconic characters abound. Also, some of the judges for this tourney are quite awesome as well. no expression

TheKahn
While I don't think its appropriate that I give anyone odds (I think everyone has an equal shot at this point), I do have some impressions of the teams so far.

Team Diversity - They have just about every possible powerset covered with their group of fighters making them frighteningly versatile. Is there anything they can't do?

Team Cosmic - Lots of energy and matter manipulation with a dash of magic thrown in is a dangerous combo in the hands of two seasoned debaters.

Team Insanity - An unstable and morally questionable group that still brings lots of firepower to bear. One pities the fate of the universe if they emerge victorious.

Team JLA - Classic roster with some of the heaviest hitters from DC's premier superhero team. Can anyone stand up against their diverse set of powers and laundry list of feats?

Team Leonidas & Galen007 - Annihilus, Loki, Walter West (Dark Flash)
Team Outsiders - This ragtag group is simply misunderstood by the world at large and overshadowed by other "so-called heroes." They look forward to venting their frustrations on any opposing team.

Team Trixie Hobbitses - While not having any easily recognizable names, only a fool would count out this team and their potent combination of magic and cosmic power.

Team Goody-two-shoes - You'd be hard pressed to find a better collection of planet saving heroes and all around good guys. But can they match up to the more ruthless and evil members of the opposing teams?

Team Brawn - Thought lacking a steady partner, Jake has assembled a team of raw, brutal power that will send any opposing team to the infirmary win or lose.

Kris Blaze
Any odds people? Come on, fights are about to start!

leonidas
mungi has a chance, but i don't like your odds. no expression

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by leonidas
mungi has a chance, but i don't like your odds. no expression
I'd go on about how I'll take you down when we fight, but I honestly don't see you making it past Omega Vision and JLking smile

leonidas
I'd go on about how I'll take you down when we fight, but I honestly don't see you making it past Omega Vision and JLking smile

laughing out loud

we'll see. wink

Original Smurph
Do our odds change even a little bit since I joined Jake's team?

sad

Martian_mind
Team psycho charlotte
Team darthgoober & Blair Wind
Team Philosophia and PR
Team Leonidas & Galen007

Those are the teams that i can see appearing in the semi's.

However, that depends on several factors:

Kris and Mungi will skyrocket in ability if Kris pulls his head out of his ass and debates rather then just being a deuchebag stick out tongue

Omega Vision/JL are unknowns to me, howver they do have solid picks and if they have even an ounce of guile they could prove dire threats.

Kandy and ID have the most raw power in the tourney, how far they advance depends on how well they can use it. Going up against cunning little pricks like Goober/Blair/Galan they'll have to tread carefully in case that power is turned against them.

Jake/Smurf have extremely solid picks with many options. Smurf has always proven dangerous in a tournament, but paired with an unkown i cannot lobby full support. If Jake is a capable debater however, this team is easily semi-finals material.

Charlotte DeBel
The "general knowledge" rule really lessens the odds of Kandy\Id in their match.
I'm scared of Mungi a bit, he'll most probably be debating for Captain Comet, and an educated fan of a powerful character (he knows Cap just as well as I know say Emma Frost) is always a dangerous opponent. Their debating responsibilities are predicable easily- Captain is debated by Mungi, Shaman is by team, and BRB is by Kris. Good in terms of knowledge pool but also good in terms of debating skill.

Kris Blaze
Somehow it feels like I'm being underestimated.....

darthgoober
Consider yourself lucky. I remember I was wanting people to think lightly of me in my first tourney(more bragging rights at the end if you win and easier strategies to deal with from the opposition) but it seemed like they were gunning for me right out of gate laughing .

Just know this, even if no one else is... I'm watching you ninja stick out tongue

Charlotte DeBel

Your skill with Thorlings is not to be underestimated, darling... And you're both good debators. It's just that Mungi is more of an X-factor for me...I never saw him debating. I don't think about myself as an A-list debater, but I know how that probably will go.
That's why I'm pissed off about choosing Tangent Superman in favour of Nate- that allows opponent to use the "tomato paradox" (the feat that's not beyond the general showing of a character but was never shown on panel due to character having little pool of appearances). Good debators know how to use that thing (though it turns into yes-no exchange during most of the debate).

Charlotte DeBel
Can somebody please give the deadline for the submitting of writeups in GMT? I go shopping with my mother in the evening, so I want to know whether or not I calculated the deadline right...

Kris Blaze
D'aww, you guys are too nice big grin
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
Can somebody please give the deadline for the submitting of writeups in GMT? I go shopping with my mother in the evening, so I want to know whether or not I calculated the deadline right...
As far as I figured, there is no DEADline. Khan seemed to be a bit lenient on it. I sent my prep to KM last night though, going post-christmas shopping as well big grin

TheKahn

I think GMT is +5 EST, so 12pm EST it would be 5pm GMT. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

D'aww, you guys are too nice big grin

As far as I figured, there is no DEADline. Khan seemed to be a bit lenient on it. I sent my prep to KM last night though, going post-christmas shopping as well big grin

Well, I'm not going to punish teams who can't get all their stuff in because the deadline is fairly arbitrary. I just want to get all the first round fights going this week if possible. Sooner is better than later but get it in when you can. If something comes up that causes a significant delay - please just inform me and your opponents so everyone can plan accordingly. wink

Philosophía

You're Robin to King Mungi's Batman.

Kris Blaze

leonidas

not me. i know you suck. no expression

-Pr-

join the club lol...

Charlotte DeBel
join the club lol...

Interested in your match with Id\Kandy. But hope you'll manage well...to both of your teams.

-Pr-
Interested in your match with Id\Kandy. But hope you'll manage well...to both of your teams.

thanks ^^

id369
Strategy
Our strategy is simple, we will destroy the apposing team.

^^Should I add more to it, or will this be suffice? mhmm

-Pr-
Strategy
Our strategy is simple, we will destroy the apposing team.

^^Should I add more to it, or will this be suffice? mhmm

good luck with that.

-K-M-
Good lord so much love for me, Im about to get a restraining order.

Anyone remember my battlezone battle with Trick? Oh my.

Starscream M
Originally posted by -K-M-
Good lord so much love for me, Im also about to get a restraining order.

Anyone remember my battlezone battle with Trick? Oh my. no...do you have a link (I'd love to read it)

-K-M-
Originally posted by Starscream M
no...do you have a link (I'd love to read it)

Enjoy:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=467203&pagenumber=1

The challenge thread for this battle was pretty funny.

Starscream M
Enjoy:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=467203&pagenumber=1

The challenge thread for this battle was pretty funny. ty. btw, what happened to trick?

-K-M-
Originally posted by Starscream M
ty. btw, what happened to trick?

Not sure actually. He sort of just vanished, mayve someone else knows.

Martian_mind
Woah, Kandy and ID are facing Raoul?

I love the smell of a curbstomp in the morning.

quanchi112

Anyone remember my battlezone battle with Trick? Oh my. Yep. laughing out loud

Charlotte DeBel

Anyone remember my battlezone battle with Trick? Oh my.

The thread was a ridiculous stomping of a (not that bright) baby in terms of debating...completely one-sided.

id369
K-M is the forum bully. peaches

If he wants to step it up, here is my open challenge to any, and all Magicians up to a herald limit.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t522228.html

-K-M-
Never heard of him, what's he from?

id369
Never heard of him, what's he from?

Bastard!

Edit - Thats the name of the manga. ^__^

id369
Hey Pr and Philo, I decided this would be the most appropriate song to play, when I bury your team. peachesgun3
3ITF4HoRZRY

Philosophía
Listening to that godawfull song would probably fry our brains and then, maybe, you'd have a chance at putting us in any kind of difficulty. uhuh

id369

Philosophía
Fire. Arh! Why didn't I think of that.

Yes, the way we'll forcibly make you say "uncles" will be quite stylish.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>