Grandmaster Yoda Vs Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Axle
An all-out contest. The most powerful light-sided force user Vs the most powerful dark-sided force user in the prequel trilogy.

Basically a re-match of their battle in Revenge of the Sith, but this time they will be fighting on neutral ground. (With no Senate pods to be flung around!)

I would be rooting for Yoda, but I reckon Palpatine would win.

Discuss?

Darth Truculent
I believe that Luke was the most powerful user. But anyway, Sidious probably would win . . . except he would suffer many wounds.

Axle
Yea, Luke might have been the most powerful Jedi ever, but I stated this was about the prequel trilogy.

Darth Truculent
My mistake - sorry. Yoda wouldn't get owned, but he still would be killed. Sidious is just too strong in the dark side.

mattatom
Luke may have been more powerful in the Force but Yoda is the "Greatest foe the darkness has ever known". So therefore he is a better candidate against Sidious than Luke wink.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
My mistake - sorry. Yoda wouldn't get owned, but he still would be killed. Sidious is just too strong in the dark side. Originally posted by Axle
Yea, Luke might have been the most powerful Jedi ever, but I stated this was about the prequel trilogy.

No you didn't:

You left Yoda's status (as most-powerful-Jedi) unqualified. Telling lies to make Truculent apologize for nothing is neither sporting nor kind.

bleh stick out tongue

wink

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by mattatom
Luke may have been more powerful in the Force but Yoda is the "Greatest foe the darkness has ever known". So therefore he is a better candidate against Sidious than Luke wink.
facepalm

Lord Lucien
The novelization states from Yoda's point of view that he "had lost (the battle) before he was born." Or something like that. Sidious wins. Again.

Dr McBeefington
Me and Gideon have had issues with this argument, but from my point of view, it was a stalemate with Sidious intelligently assuming the high ground. On even footing, I would think Yoda has the advantage.

truejedi
they key part of the fight is missing from the trilogy unfortunately. In both the novelization, AND the movie, the disarming of sidious, and sidious gaining the high ground is skipped over.

Sadly.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
Me and Gideon have had issues with this argument, but from my point of view, it was a stalemate with Sidious intelligently assuming the high ground. On even footing, I would think Yoda has the advantage.

True dat, true dat!

ghostrider1
If you watch the movie, you see both of them are pushed backwards, if Sidious was Yoda's size he wouldnt have been able to grab onto that bar on the senate seat and would have also fallen to the ground. Poor little Yoda sad

truejedi
yes. poor little yoda.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.