Emperor Palpatine vs. Harry Potter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
Why the hell not?

Palpatine wants to turn Harry to the Dark Side.

Harry refuses.

Fight takes place in Palpatine's throne room on the Death Star.

Harry will not use any of the Forbidden spells, since he is pure of heart and refuses to use them. He has his wand.

Palpatine is the Dark Lord of the Sith and will fight dirty with the Dark Side of the Force.

Remember: The Throne Room has a lot of obstacles, debris, and cover.

The Force versus Magic. Who wins?

Rogue Jedi
Well, considering that Harry can produce shield charms, there's no way the Emperor's lightning blasts get to him. Harry waits for the right moment, Petrificus totalus, or one of the many spells Harry knows and can use, he defeats the Emperor.

I dont know why people will not accept that HP magic trumps the force in every possible way. Oncreen feats have proven this time and time again, FFS just watch the Half Blood Prince.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Well, considering that Harry can produce shield charms, there's no way the Emperor's lightning blasts get to him. Harry waits for the right moment, Petrificus totalus, or one of the many spells Harry knows and can use, he defeats the Emperor.

I dont know why people will not accept that HP magic trumps the force in every possible way. Oncreen feats have proven this time and time again, FFS just watch the Half Blood Prince.

Well, that'd work if spells didn't travel at like....60 mph.

Since they are slow as hell, there's no reason that a force user as adept as Palpitine wouldn't be able to dodge those spells, with ease, no doubt.

On top of that, the fight is over in less than a second with force choke.

The HP wizards are certainly powerful, but the spell casting is the problem: it's too slow. Anyone that is fast can take out HP, with ease. That's HP's weakness. Now, Dumbledore might be more of a challenge...He's rather fast.

If it's one on one, even a padawan could take out Harry Potter.

Rogue Jedi
Takes Harry less than a second to cast a spell, dude. In OOTP, he crucios Bellatrix, and it hits her near instantly.

BruceSkywalker
Palpatine stomps, reason Ian McDiarmid is a much better actor than Radclife will ever be.... besides Harry is a pothead

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by dadudemon
Well, that'd work if spells didn't travel at like....60 mph.

On top of that, the fight is over in less than a second with force choke.

60 MPH? Watch the OOTP dueling again. Here:

d3DPUywYTt0&feature=related

In particular when Harry is fighting side by side with Sirius against Lucius and the bearded death eater. the spells and jinxes are flying around fast as hell, most of them non verbal, and they are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY faster than 60 mph. They reach their intended victim almost as fast if not as fast as a force choke would.

At 3:02, Harry crucios Bellatrix, he does so on the run. It took maybe a second for him to cast the spell and have it hit her.

And as for the force choke attack, Harry escaped being choked by the death eater easy enough. If Palpy gets him in a force choke, Harry merely casts a non verbal spell and counters.

This shit's too easy, there should be a rule about SW versus HP threads, HP magic is far too powerful.

dadudemon
Takes Harry less than a second to cast a spell, dude. In OOTP, he crucios Bellatrix, and it hits her near instantly.

Yeah, at mere feet away.

Sorry, man. Spells aren't even remotely as fast as blaster bolts. There's no comparison here.

On top of that, Palps has battle precog. Even if Harry got the drop on Palps, he still dodges without a problem. Harry would have to apparate right behind Palps in order for Palps to not have enough moving room in order to dodge. But, if Harry does that, he ends up in pieces, on the floor.

BruceSkywalker
Yeah, at mere feet away.

Sorry, man. Spells aren't even remotely as fast as blaster bolts. There's no comparison here.

On top of that, Palps has battle precog. Even if Harry got the drop on Palps, he still dodges without a problem. Harry would have to apparate right behind Palps in order for Palps to not have enough moving room in order to dodge. But, if Harry does that, he ends up in pieces, on the floor.

but what if harry asked hermione to seduce Palps first???

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, at mere feet away.

On top of that, Palps has battle precog. Even if Harry got the drop on Palps, he still dodges without a problem. Harry would have to apparate right behind Palps in order for Palps to not have enough moving room in order to dodge. But, if Harry does that, he ends up in pieces, on the floor. Hmm.....Palpy is never shown dodging blaster bolts. See what I did there?

Yeah, and Jedi/Sith precog has been proven time and time again as being imperfect.

BTW, Harry is being gimped here. He "knows the spell", the death spell, he knows several dark spells, why cant he use them? Palpy is at full strength and can use everything he has, but Harry cant? Gimp. Oddly enough, despite being gimped, Harry still wins here.

Unless Palpantine kills him right away, in less than a second, Harry will cast a shield charm and deflect everything Palpy throws at him. Palpy never killed anyone that fast, ergo Harry casts the shield charm, deflects Palpys attacks, then Petrificus Totalus's him. Easy cheesy.

I now present this question: Harry casts a shield charm, Palpy cannot attack through the shield charm. What then?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
but what if harry asked hermione to seduce Palps first??? Then she'd bite his penis off, spit it in his face, and death spell him, Lorraine Bobbitt style.

dadudemon
Hmm.....Palpy is never shown dodging blaster bolts. See what I did there?

I see what you did. But, he's better than Yoda, and Yoda was seen doing that. He was better than 3 other Jedi Masters, and they were shown doing that.

It's called the transitive property.

Yeah, and Jedi/Sith precog has been proven time and time again as being imperfect.

Great. So how does this relate to a boy who doesn't compare to the speed and skill of even a beginner Padawan?

And when did Palps battle precog fail?

BTW, Harry is being gimped here. He "knows the spell", the death spell, he knows several dark spells, why cant he use them? Palpy is at full strength and can use everything he has, but Harry cant? Gimp. Oddly enough, despite being gimped, Harry still wins here.

It still doesn't help, though. The spells don't travel nearly fast enough to matter.

Unless Palpantine kills him right away, in less than a second, Harry will cast a shield charm and deflect everything Palpy throws at him. Palpy never killed anyone that fast, ergo Harry casts the shield charm, deflects Palpys attacks, then Petrificus Totalus's him. Easy cheesy.

Shield charm, huh? That takes a while to do. How is he supposed to stay in one piece while casting it? How he is supposed to finish it whilst force choke is being employed?

I now present this question: Harry casts a shield charm, Palpy cannot attack through the shield charm. What then?

Harry is dead before Harry can finish the encantation.

Also, shield charms work for spells and physical objects. Not the force. Harry is still force choked with ease. big grin

Impediment
Palpatine uses the Force to grab Harry's wand. Force Lightning.

/thread.

Robtard

It's official, you're a bigger Harry Potter fanboy than you're a Star Wars one. Sad day indeed, RJ. Sad day.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Impediment

/thread.

Shizer. Didn't think of that.

So, I guess they have a little bit of knowledge of each, then?

If not, one could assume that Palps would use his battle precog to quickly disarm Harry before he starts going to town nad here's why:

Vader pulled Solol's gun out of his hand, no problem. Not only that, Vader anticpated Solo's shots and blocked them...for teh lulz.

jaden101
Originally posted by Robtard
It's official, you're a bigger Harry Potter fanboy than you're a Star Wars one. Sad day indeed, RJ. Sad day.

It makes him a more efficient predatory paedophile.

dadudemon
Originally posted by jaden101
It makes him a more efficient predatory paedophile.

All of the potter fans I know are over 18 cause the first Harry Potter book came out in 2001 and the children would be between 10-13 (when it came out)

That fits well with the fact that his previous two girl friends were late teens early twenties. (still makes them legal, though.)

He'd have to be a fan of twilight to get the current gen. of young female fantasy fanatics.

Rogue Jedi
It's official, you're a bigger Harry Potter fanboy than you're a Star Wars one. Sad day indeed, RJ. Sad day. Here you go, accusing me of random bullshit just because you're so blind you cant see how powerful HP magic is. Stop being a ****ing *******, dude, you know for a fact that SW is number one in my heart. Either PROVE what I say to be wrong or STFU.

Rogue Jedi
I see what you did. But, he's better than Yoda, and Yoda was seen doing that. He was better than 3 other Jedi Masters, and they were shown doing that.

It's called the transitive property. Sorry, was the Emperor shown being that fast as a crusty old man? Nope.

Precog was shown time and time again in general to be borderline unreliable.

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Arresto_Momentum

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Arresto_Momentum

Oh really? Then pretell why didnt the death eaters in THBP, you know, the ones that tried crashing through the shield charm surrounding Hogwarts, try casting spells through the shield charm? Hmm? Because NOTHING gets through a shield charm, dude, nothing, not even the force. there, I just proved without a doubt that the force cannot penetrate a shield charm.

Rogue Jedi

/thread. Right, and Harry just stands there like a doe in headlights? Dont be stupid, even without his wand, Harry has non verbal spells and jinxes.

And, if they have knowledge of each other, Harry is gonna be on the move from the get go. Accio invisibility cloak, confundus charm, petrificus totalus. See, you have to actually KNOW the HP magic spells to realize Harry wins this, and apparently you dont.

Wait, lemmee guess. no cloak for Harry? More gimping, eh? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand now it's time for the final nail in Palpy's coffin:

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Felix_Felicis

After all, Harry should have access to all his spells and potions he is shown using in the movies, yes?

Robtard
Here you go, accusing me of random bullshit just because you're so blind you cant see how powerful HP magic is. Stop being a ****ing *******, dude, you know for a fact that SW is number one in my heart. Either PROVE what I say to be wrong or STFU.

The fact that Palpatine can react faster(see: Force-precog and Force-amped personally abilities) with Force-Lightning, Force-choke or simply Force-push Potter so hard into a wall it breaks every prepubescent bone in his body, is why he wins over some kid with a little wand and a few spells.

Also, many HP spells get blocked by shit like walls, doors and tombstones, so Palpatine is likely to block a spell with his sabre, not that it'd get that far into the fight in the first place.

Robtard
Right, and Harry just stands there like a doe in headlights? Dont be stupid, even without his wand, Harry has non verbal spells and jinxes.

And, if they have knowledge of each other, Harry is gonna be on the move from the get go. Accio invisibility cloak, confundus charm, petrificus totalus. See, you have to actually KNOW the HP magic spells to realize Harry wins this, and apparently you dont.

After all, Harry should have access to all his spells and potions he is shown using in the movies, yes?

LoL, now you're giving Potter prep(potions need to be made) and giving him anything your heart desires. It's the '501st Vs Hogwarts' thread all over again.

Rogue Jedi
LoL, now you're giving Potter prep(potions need to be made) and giving him anything your heart desires. It's the '501st Vs Hogwarts' thread all over again. Giving him prep? Sure, why not. The Felix potion was already made by Slughorn, given to Harry. Again, it is a potion, i.e a weapon, and he should be allowed it here. Just as Palpy should be allowed his force powers, which, BTW, do NOT include force choke. After all, he was never shown using force choke, was he?

Wait, lemmee guess, you are gonna use my argument that ANY force wielder can force choke, right?

Robtard
OP states: "he has his wand", so that's what he has. Not every single little trinket known in the HP-verse you wish to give him. He's a kid, not a pack-mule, son.

Fair enough, Palpatine, the strongest Sith can't Force-choke. He still wins with the abilities he's shown. Speed, precog, lightning, telekinesis etc.

Rogue Jedi
The fact that Palpatine can react faster(see: Force-precog and Force-amped personally abilities) with Force-Lightning, Force-choke or simply Force-push Potter so hard into a wall it breaks every prepubescent bone in his body, is why he wins over some kid with a little wand and a few spells.

Also, many HP spells get blocked by shit like walls, doors and tombstones, so Palpatine is likely to block a spell with his sabre, not that it'd get that far into the fight in the first place.

I see, it's the Emperors throne room, on the Death Star,which implies it is ROTJ Paply, right? Funny, I dont recall seeing that Palpy using a saber.

Also, that Palpy didnt see vader rising up and killing him, did he?

Block a spell with a saber? Dude, dont make me laugh. Wait, he isnt allowed a saber here. Doooooooh. MVF golden rule, babe. And if we are gonna go with blocking, Harry is likely gonna block Palpy's force attacks with his wand, as he is SEEN doing against magic attacks in OOTP. Pwn.

A kid with a wand and a few spells. Wow. You really have no idea how powerful Harry is, man.

ROTJ Palpy was old and crusty, slow as hell, no way he can match Harry in speed. Harry is likely to dodge all Palpy's attacks, or use a shield charm (Which I have proven without a doubt that nothing gets through), bide his time, then use one of the many spells he has knowledge of.

See, you accuse me of HP fanboyism (You always do this when I pwn a debate about HP magic, it's like your escape pod, or crutch), when you should be saying wow, you really know your HP shit.

Robtard
I see, it's the Emperors throne room, on the Death Star,which implies it is ROTJ Paply, right? Funny, I dont recall seeing that Palpy using a saber.

Also, that Palpy didnt see vader rising up and killing him, did he?

Block a spell with a saber? Dude, dont make me laugh. Wait, he isnt allowed a saber here. Doooooooh. MVF golden rule, babe. And if we are gonna go with blocking, Harry is likely gonna block Palpy's force attacks with his wand, as he is SEEN doing against magic attacks in OOTP. Pwn.

A kid with a wand and a few spells. Wow. You really have no idea how powerful Harry is, man.

ROTJ Palpy was old and crusty, slow as hell, no way he can match Harry in speed. Harry is likely to dodge all Palpy's attacks, or use a shield charm (Which I have proven without a doubt that nothing gets through), bide his time, then use one of the many spells he has knowledge of.

See, you accuse me of HP fanboyism (You always do this when I pwn a debate about HP magic, it's like your escape pod, or crutch), when you should be saying wow, you really know your HP shit.

And? Does it say anywhere that he's gotten ride of it?

If a wall(as seen in the films) can block a spell, why can't a sabre block? It could.

The lightning, maybe. How's he going to block the force-attacks that are intangible? He wouldn't know what's coming. it's not like Palpatine words out what he's ablut to use.

Yeah, a kid with a stick and some spells. You silly fanboy.

Rogue Jedi
OP states: "he has his wand", so that's what he has. Not every single little trinket known in the HP-verse you wish to give him. He's a kid, not a pack-mule, son.

Fair enough, Palpatine, the strongest Sith can't Force-choke. He still wins with the abilities he's shown. Speed, precog, lightning, telekinesis etc. Pack mule? haermm Dude it's a vial that he can slip in his pocket. He can take it beforehand. Or Harry can be on the move, accio it, then take it. The possibiities are endless.

If Palpy force chokes him, Harry can still fight back, he showed that when teh dementor had him in a chokehold in OOTP. So much for Palpys force choke. Which, BTW, he was never shown using, so it cant rightly be used here.

But OK, only a wand, let's gimp Harry here.......Shield charm (Will block Palpys attacks, ALL of them), Petrificus totalus, end battle.
Harry doesnt even need a wand here. Remember the spell he cast on the fat ***** in the Dursleys dining room? She swelled up and floated away, man. Harry said no incantation and had no wand.

Speed? Palpy is SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOW in ROTJ.

Precog? Vader killed him, dude. Palpy didn't sense it.

TK? Blocked by a shield charm.

Etc;? Harry has FAR more etc; than Palpy. In the end, the only attack we can use here for Palpy is force lightning, which Harry will easily block or use a shield charm on.

Robtard
OP states the wand, try to abide the rules. I know you won't and it's only a matter of time until you're arguing that Potter should have all of Hogwarts him.

Force-choke is different than being choked by a hand, son. It's an intangible force. But rightly so, Palpatine can't do it, so it's a moot point.

You're ignoring that Palpatine is faster because of his precog(Vader was/is a Force-user too) and Force-amped abilities, so Potter dies via lightning a second into the fight. /the end.

Rogue Jedi
And? Does it say anywhere that he's gotten ride of it?

If a wall(as seen in the films) can block a spell, why can't a sabre block? It could.

The lightning, maybe. How's he going to block the force-attacks that are intangible? He wouldn't know what's coming. it's not like Palpatine words out what he's ablut to use.

Yeah, a kid with a stick and some spells. You silly fanboy.

Was Palpy shown with a saber in ROTJ? Nope, therefore he has no saber here. Might as well give Harry a rail gun.

A wall is a broad object, a saber blade is slim, do the math.

Tell me something, why is Palpy trying to sway Harry to the dark side? Obviously he has knowledge of Harry's powers. Only makes sense that Harry is knowledgeable of Palpys powers. The moment Palpy raises his hands to use force lightning, the shield charm will go up and deflect it.

Try again, try harder, you're making this too easy,

Robtard
LoL, HP always brings out the worse gimping in you.

Yet many of the spells come out as smallish blast of light, these he could block with a sabre. ie if a solid object can block them, a sabre could. In tanglible spells, sabre couldn't.

Anyhow, see above, Potter dies via lightning a second into the fight; no amount of HP fanbpyism can counter this fact. Palpatine is faster than Potter, he has the Force granting him speed and precog, Potter is just an ordinary boy in these regards.

Because Imp wanted a laugh, that's why.

Also, Potter can block magic with his magic, he's never shown blocking the intangible life-force energy that surrounds all things with a spell.

Rogue Jedi
OP states the wand, try to abide the rules. I know you won't and it's only a matter of time until you're arguing that Potter should have all of Hogwarts him.

Force-choke is different than being choked by a hand, son. It's an intangible force. But rightly so, Palpatine can't do it, so it's a moot point.

You're ignoring that Palpatine is faster because of his precog(Vader was/is a Force-user too) and Force-amped abilities, so Potter dies via lightning a second into the fight. /the end.

Hey, I'm going with gimped Harry, change your daiper, it's all good.

Intangible inshangible. Harry can still cast spells while being force choked, dude, non verbal spells. But was Palpy ever shown using force choke? Nope. End force choke argument.

Palpy was never shown killing someone that fast, therefore he can't. But as I said before, the shield charm will be cast as soon as Palpy raises his hands, so really Palpy's only attack here is easily deflected.

Tell me, Rob, what powers did Palpy show in ROTJ? Hmm? Force lightning, small bit of TK, that's it, so that's all he can use here. MVF golden rule, babe. he didn't have a lightsaber, and he NEVER used force choke. Never force pushed or pulled. MVF rules, come on, you can do it.

Impediment
Right, and Harry just stands there like a doe in headlights? Dont be stupid, even without his wand, Harry has non verbal spells and jinxes.

Where in any of the HP movies does Potter use magic without his wand? I dont recall any. What non-verbal spells are you talking about? Polyjuice? Veritas serum? These would not do anything in this fight.

Who said that they have knowledge of each other? I didnt state as such.

Harry has his wand. Palpy has The Dark Side. Period. What difference would his cloak make? Harry is not gimped in any way.

Palpy has Force Lightning. He would have killed Luke had not Vader saved his life. And Luke, in my earnest opinion, would destroy Potter.

Palpatine gives Potter a bit of real lightning to go with the lightning bolt scar on his head.

Robtard
Hey, I'm going with gimped Harry, change your daiper, it's all good.

Intangible inshangible. Harry can still cast spells while being force choked, dude, non verbal spells. But was Palpy ever shown using force choke? Nope. End force choke argument.

Palpy was never shown killing someone that fast, therefore he can't. But as I said before, the shield charm will be cast as soon as Palpy raises his hands, so really Palpy's only attack here is easily deflected.

Tell me, Rob, what powers did Palpy show in ROTJ? Hmm? Force lightning, small bit of TK, that's it, so that's all he can use here. MVF golden rule, babe. he didn't have a lightsaber, and he NEVER used force choke. Never force pushed or pulled. MVF rules, come on, you can do it.

Potter mainly uses a wand, so Impediment isn't gimping him. You're trying to gimp Palpatine by saying Potter should have everything including the kitchen sink.

You obviously can't read, I said "Palpatine can't force-choke" and I'm going with win via lightning.

Yeah, Potter may last a few seconds or even minutes(doubt it) of being electrified, but he's not casting spells while being fried, son. He'll be too busy screaming and pissing his knickers.

Rogue Jedi
Where in any of the HP movies does Potter use magic without his wand? I dont recall any. What non-verbal spells are you talking about? Polyjuice? Veritas serum? These would not do anything in this fight.

Who said that they have knowledge of each other? I didnt state as such.

Harry has his wand. Palpy has The Dark Side. Period. What difference would his cloak make?

Palpy has Force Lightning. He would have killed Luke had not Vader saved his life. And Luke, inm y earnest opinion, would destroy Potter. So Palpy is trying to recruit some random teenager to the dark side? Why? He wanted Luke because he knew of Lukes power. Why would he want Harry? Because he knows of Harry's powers. Only fair that Harry know of Palpy and his powers.

The non verbal spell used on the fat ***** at the Dursley's, where she swelled up and floated away.

His cloak would make all the difference in the world. Palpy was never shown onscreen fighting someone invisible, was he? Nope. If he can't see Harry, he can't attack him.

How would ROTJ Luke destroy Harry? Lukes force powers were minimal, he wasnt even a Jedi yet.

Rogue Jedi
Potter mainly uses a wand, so Impediment isn't gimping him. You're trying to gimp Palpatine by saying Potter should have everything including the kitchen sink.

You obviously can't read, I said "Palpatine can't force-choke" and I'm going with win via lightning.

Yeah, Potter may last a few seconds or even minutes(doubt it) of being electrified, but he's not casting spells while being fried, son. He'll be too busy screaming and pissing his knickers.

No, I am saying that since Harry cannot use every spell he is shown using onscreen he is gimped. Crucio, man, watch the movies.

Good, no force choke then. I was just driving the point home.

Again, how will force lightning get past a shield charm? Still waiting on an answer to that.

I think the Dodgers are playing.

Robtard
Because Palpatine can attack with lighting faster(precog/force-speed) than Potter and cast and say "Protego", you silly dodger.

Also, powerful enough spells can get through that shield-spell, so it's possible it may not block Force-lightning from the most powerful Sith Lord. But that's a moot point, as Potter be lite-up and screaming.

Rogue Jedi
Because Palpatine can attack with lighting faster(precog/force-speed) than Potter and cast and say "Protego", you silly dodger.

Also, powerful enough spells can get through that shield-spell, so it's possible it may not block Force-lightning from the most powerful Sith Lord. But that's a moot point, as Potter be lite-up and screaming.

Really? And was Palpy SHOWN attacking with such speed in ROTJ? Nope. Harry will have more than enough time to raise a shield charm. Harry casting Protego will take less time than Palpy executing his force lightning, he was SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW in ROTJ. SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOW. Look it up, it means the opposite of fast.

Powerful enough spells can get through a shield charm? Proof of that? Thought not. If powerful enough spells can get through a shield charm, then why did the Death Eaters have to resort to Vanishing cabinets to infiltrate Hogwarts? There's your proof, there's the puddin'. The proof's in the puddin'.

You have absolutely ZERO evidence that Palpy's attacks will penetrate Harry's shield charm, whereas I have screen feats for the shield charms.

Palpy wont be able to do shit when Harry casts Impedimenta on him. He'll have Palpy dancing a jig and singing show tunes.

Rogue Jedi
BTW, Palpy is the most powerful Sith, no question, but Harry took on and Voldemort many times, went toe to toe with him, and finally defeated him, and Voldy would make mincemeat of Palpy.

Bong.

Robtard
Really? And was Palpy SHOWN attacking with such speed in ROTJ? Nope. Harry will have more than enough time to raise a shield charm. Harry casting Protego will take less time than Palpy executing his force lightning, he was SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW in ROTJ. SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOW. Look it up, it means the opposite of fast.

Powerful enough spells can get through a shield charm? Proof of that? Thought not. If powerful enough spells can get through a shield charm, then why did the Death Eaters have to resort to Vanishing cabinets to infiltrate Hogwarts? There's your proof, there's the puddin'. The proof's in the puddin'.

You have absolutely ZERO evidence that Palpy's attacks will penetrate Harry's shield charm, whereas I have screen feats for the shield charms.

Palpy wont be able to do shit when Harry casts Impedimenta on him. He'll have Palpy dancing a jig and singing show tunes.

When Palpatine wants to attack with lightning, it takes him a second to do so, both in the ROTJ and ROTS. He doesn't have to wave a wand and utter a spell. He also has his Force-speed and precog helping him on-top of that as an added(but not needed) plus.

The three curses can get through a shield charm, as per HP-Wiki. But it's a moot point, Potter be fried before he can raise any defense.

Again, Palpatine can attack faster with lightning than Potter can cast a spell, keep ignoring this.

Impediment
Voldy would make mincemeat of Palpy.

How so?

Robtard
BTW, Palpy is the most powerful Sith, no question, but Harry took on and Voldemort many times, went toe to toe with him, and finally defeated him, and Voldy would make mincemeat of Palpy.

Bong.

With you riding the gimp-horse at full trot, Voldemort would beat Palpatine, yes.

Going by screen feats, na.

Rogue Jedi
When Palpatine wants to attack with lightning, it takes him a second to do so, both in the ROTJ and ROTS. He doesn't have to wave a wand and utter a spell. He also has his Force-speed and precog helping him on-top of that plus.

The three curses can get through a shield charm, HP-Wiki. But it's a moot point, Potter be lite up before he can raise any defense.

Again, Palpatine can attack faster with lightning than Potter can cast a spell, keep ignoring this.
Mhm, and none of those curses are in Palpy's arsenal. Nice try though. BTW nothing showed up on your link, but since Palpy has no cursing power, my point stands.

No, he is slow as hell in ROTJ, Harry is much faster casting Protego than Palpy is with force lightning, not to mention that Harry can likely block the attack, as he did the magical attacks in OOTP.

Stop with the force speed, he displayed no force speed in ROTJ, you're reaching now.

Rogue Jedi
With you riding the gimp-horse at full trot, Voldemort would beat Palpatine, yes.

Going by screen feats, na. Dude, stop. Voledmort is superior to Palpy in every possible way, if Palpy is a fragmentation grenade, Voldy is a ****ing Atom bomb. It's the biggest mismatch of all time.

Robtard
Mhm, and none of those curses are in Palpy's arsenal. Nice try though.

No, he is slow as hell in ROTJ, Harry is much faster casting Protego than Palpy is with force lightning, not to mention that Harry can likely block the attack, as he did the magical attacks in OOTP.

Stop with the force speed, he displayed no force speed in ROTJ, you're reaching now.

Nice dodge, my point was that powerful enough spells can get through the shield(you said nothing could) and Palpatine is one powerful guy.

No, it takes him a second to attack with lightning, when he wants to attack with it.

He had it in ROTS, when he attacked Mace and the other four Jedi. So he has force-speed and agility. Let me guess, it went away?

Anyhow, Potter dies via lightning before he can fully cast a spell, you have nothing to counter this. He maybe gets to say "Prot...", then he's fried.

Robtard
Dude, stop. Voledmort is superior to Palpy in every possible way, if Palpy is a fragmentation grenade, Voldy is a ****ing Atom bomb. It's the biggest mismatch of all time.

Really, what has Voldemort done on screen that makes him an atom bomb?

Rogue Jedi
Really, what has Voldemort done on screen that makes him an atom bomb? Apparition, Fiendfyre, Hocruxes. talking to and controlling snakes. He can do all Palpy can do and then some, then alot more.

Impediment
Harry raises his wand and points it at Palpy while taking a breath so he can say which spell he wishes to use a against Palpy.

Harry is fried by Force Lightning into extra crispy recipe before he can exhale.

By Palpy.

Dr Will Hatch
Apparition, Fiendfyre, Hocruxes. talking to and controlling snakes. He can do all Palpy can do and then some, then alot more. Mutha****in' speed blitz, baby. Palpatine stomps Voldemort and makes him his b*tch. cool

Robtard
Apparition, Fiendfyre, Hocruxes. talking to and controlling snakes. He can do all Palpy can do and then some, then alot more.

Except, just like in this fight, Palpatine can attack faster with lighting than Voldermort can cast a spell. So Voldemort goes down screaming and pissing his knickers too.

"Controlling snakes" was a LoL.

Impediment
Palpy would do to Voldy with the Force what Freddy did to Jason is FvJ.

At 1:20, specifically.

W-B_K7fuQxc

Impediment
BTW, Palpy did, in fact use Force TK when he killed Windu in Episode III.

Dr Will Hatch
Palpy would do to Voldy with the Force what Freddy did to Jason is FvJ.

At 1:20, specifically.

W-B_K7fuQxc wink That's my favorite scene from an ANOES film.

Rogue Jedi
Nice dodge, my point was that powerful enough spells can get through the shield(you said nothing could) and Palpatine is one powerful guy.

No, it takes him a second to attack with lightning, when he wants to attack with it.

He had it in ROTS, when he attacked Mace and the other four Jedi. So he has force-speed and agility. Let me guess, it went away?

Anyhow, Potter dies via lightning before he can fully cast a spell, you have nothing on this. He maybe gets to say "Prot...", then he's fried. Yes, but the force and HP magic are two entirely different things. If certain magic can get past a shield charm, why didn't Voldemort simply blast away the shield charms surrounding Hogwarts in THBP? Hmm? Hey, in GOF, Harry went toe to toe with Voldy. Remember when their wands were locked, neither able to seize the advantage? Lookie, at 1:47, Harry blocks Voldemorts Avada Kedavra.

OPBkcMNnwX4

He utters Expelliarmus, then MAYBE a half second later, his red beam is locked with Voldemorts green one. So much for the speed argument. Harry is officially faster with his spells than Palpy is with force lightning in ROTJ, there is no questioning this.

How fast was he with his force lightning attacks in ROTJ? slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow......thats what we go by, his ROTJ feats.

Mace and those 4 Jedi, they were in ROTS, not ROTJ. Screen feats, dude, from ROTJ.

Rogue Jedi
Except, just like in this fight, Palpatine can attack faster with lighting than Voldermort can cast a spell. So Voldemort goes down screaming and pissing his knickers too.

"Controlling snakes" was a LoL. No, Voldy would apparate around like Nightcrawler and attack Palpy from where Palpy cant see him. Palpy would have no chance.

Rogue Jedi
BTW, Palpy did, in fact use Force TK when he killed Windu in Episode III. Not a ROTJ screen feat, dude. You made the rule, adhere to it.

Impediment
Not a ROTJ screen feat, dude. You made the rule, adhere to it.

At what time and place did I ever mention ROTJ?

I said "throne room on the Death Star".

Rogue Jedi
Harry raises his wand and points it at Palpy while taking a breath so he can say which spell he wishes to use a against Palpy.

Harry is fried by Force Lightning into extra crispy recipe before he can exhale.

By Palpy. Watch the vid I posted, man. Harry is way faster. For the umpteenth time, shield charms pwn force lightning, why do you keep ignoring this? I figured you of all people here would be objective.

Dr Will Hatch

He utters Expelliarmus, then MAYBE a half second later, his red beam is locked with Voldemorts green one. So much for the speed argument. Harry is officially faster with his spells than Palpy is with force lightning in ROTJ, there is no questioning this.

How fast was he with his force lightning attacks in ROTJ? slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow......thats what we go by, his ROTJ feats.

Mace and those 4 Jedi, they were in ROTS, not ROTJ. Screen feats, dude, from ROTJ. You're forgetting that Force users move faster than the eye can see, and we are only watching them in slow motion.

Rogue Jedi
At what time and place did I ever mention ROTJ?

I said "throne room on the Death Star". AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA haermm The throne room and the death star were in ROTJ, it's implied. You made the OP, you implied ROTJ Palpy, and now that I am proving you wrong at every turn, you're "moving the goalposts." First you gimp Harry, then you move he goalposts. Nice job, Mr. Moderator thumb down

Screen feats prove Harry wins this, despite your best efforts to tie his hands behind his back.

I'm out, I've proven without a doubt that Harry wins here, but it is all being ignored..

Have fun breaking the rules that you yourself are supposed to enforce. big grin

Impediment
For the umpteenth time, shield charms pwn force lightning

Prove it. I see no evidence as such.

Impediment
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA haermm The throne room and the death star were in ROTJ, it's implied. You made the OP, you implied ROTJ Palpy, and now that I am proving you wrong at every turn, you're "moving the goalposts." First you gimp Harry, then you move he goalposts. Nice job, Mr. Moderator thumb down

Screen feats prove Harry wins this, despite your best efforts to tie his hands behind his back.

I'm out, I've proven without a doubt that Harry wins here, but it is all being ignored..

Have fun breaking the rules that you yourself are supposed to enforce. big grin

1. The Death Star was in all 3 OT films. The Death Star has a throne room. I implied nothing at all. I stated exactly what I meant. Case closed, Sherlock.

2, You have proven nothing wrong except you have a serious problem with Harry Potter stroking.

3. I have, in no way gimped Harry Potter. He has his wand, and Palpy has The Force. Accept it. You can do it.

4. I haven't moved any goal posts, as you so immaturely put it. You lack tact when trying to have a fun debate.

5. There have been no screen feats that have "proven anything" that justifies your claim. That is why we are having a debate over it. Nothing is being ignored.

6. I am breaking no rules. You're just butthurt.

7. I would give you an official warning for such inflammatory remarks, but, since I have let people get away with worse (AC, Rob, and Sadako, to name a few) I won't. All I am going to say is don't ever do it again.

8. If you dont like my actions as a moderator, hence the junior high-ish thumbs down, then stay the hell out of the MVF.

Rogue Jedi
Prove it. I see no evidence as such. Prove force Lightning can do what you claim it can.

HP magic has spells that can end ones life in a heartbeat, there are no such force powers in the SW universe. HP wizards can apparate to anywhere in the world, SW force users cannot. It's quite obvious that HP magic is far more powerful than the force.

Having said that, what kept the death eaters and Voldemort out of Hogwarts while Hogwarts was protected by a shield charm?

1. The Death Star was in all 3 OT films. The Death Star has a throne room. Case closed, Sherlock. Yes, but the throne room was shown ONLY in ROTJ.

No, I am in fact a much bigger SW fan than I am HP. I simply can accept that HP magic is light years ahead of SW force powers.

Dude, you forbade Harry from using dark spells and curses. Gimp.

You made the OP in such a fashion that implied ROTJ, now you are changing it.

Really now? I call it frustration, it's like all the EVIDENCE and ONSCREEN FEATS are going in one ear and out the other. You guys are making it sound like Harry is nothing more than a zit laden tenager with a twig in his hand, the ignorance is amazing. It's OK, I was the same way once, before I educated myself on the HP universe.

Just being honest, if you can't take criticism, you shouldn't be a mod. If you are gonna set rules, you also are bound by them.

Again, I was just being honest. Am I an ass for saying what a few others are thinking? You forget that the MVF was originally my idea, man.

Yeah, you let them get away with ALOT of shit, giving them a little tap on the wrist, but now you light into me. Strange. Seems like you had a clear winner in mind when you made this thread. Spite? Just asking.

Rogue Jedi
Whatever, man. I aint getting banned over this bullshit thread, have at it. Apologies if any lines were crossed.

Impediment
Yes, but the throne room was shown ONLY in ROTJ.

Quote me of where I said "ROTJ". I'll wait. No? That's because I never said so. If I wanted to have the setting at The Grand Canyon, it would mean that it wouldn't exist, now would it? The MVF GOlden Rule pertains to onscreen abilities/feats. Location are just locations.

No, I am in fact a much bigger SW fan than I am HP. I simply can accept that HP magic is light years ahead of SW force powers. All a matter of opinion, really. HP is magic, whereas SW is technology.

Dude, you forbade Harry from using dark spells and curses. Gimp. Again: Potter wouldn't ever use these spells because he is pure of heart and would not lower himself by doing so. I would imagine that a big HP fan like you would acknowledge so.

You made the OP in such a fashion that implied ROTJ, now you are changing it. I never implied anything. Again, you are putting words in my mouth. How can anything I said in my OP be construed as ROTJ?

Really now? I call it frustration, it's like all the EVIDENCE and ONSCREEN FEATS are going in one ear and out the other. You guys are making it sound like Harry is nothing more than a zit laden tenager with a twig in his hand, the ignorance is amazing. It's OK, I was the same way once, before I educated myself on the HP universe. What education are we referring to now? JK Rowling's?

Just being honest, if you can't take criticism, you shouldn't be a mod. If you are gonna set rules, you also are bound by them. I set my own rules and I did, in fact follow them to the tee. You are putting words in my mouth and juggling my phrases. As far as my Mod actions go, most any other Mod would have slapped a warning on you for such contempt. I'm the coolest mod on this board, and you got some nerve to call me out like you did.

Again, I was just being honest. Am I an ass for saying what a few others are thinking? You forget that the MVF was originally my idea, man. You PM'd me with the idea, I admit. I'm the one who told Raz to make it. I'm the one who volunteered to mod it. Other people are the ones who voiced their opinions and lent support. You think that gives you any kind of leeway? Whatever, man.

Nemesis X
In the movies, Harry kept getting owned by dark wizards and only manages to defeat some only when he had backup so what makes you guys think he can defeat the dark lord of the sith? While chanting some long spell, Harry either gets a taste of force lightning or gets decapitated by Palpatine's lightsaber.

Since Palpatine is a man with brains, he'll use the force to pull the wand away from Harry so the boy who lived will be the boy who got owned.

Rogue Jedi
Quote me of where I said "ROTJ". I'll wait. No? That's because I never said so. If I wanted to have the setting at The Grand Canyon, it would mean that it wouldn't exist, now would it? The MVF GOlden Rule pertains to onscreen abilities/feats. Location are just locations. OK, so the death star was in the PT. Palpy was old and deformed and slow in all 3, nothing has changed.

The force is technology?

He used crucio and sectumsempra. We already tried the character morality thing here, it didnt float, it was rejected like a bad kidney. Point is Harry knows the spells and you took that away from him. It's the same as taking away Palpys force lightning.

Because, the THRONE ROOM was shown ONLY in ROTJ.

I watched the movies, and studied the spells used in the movies. Simple.

Point is that you are a bit too laid back as a mod IMO, and a few others, but I know for a fact they wont voice it. There, I said it, take it as you will, it's just constructive criticism, friend to friend. That's what friends do, they are honest to a fault with each other.

Not at all what I meant. Just forget I said anything, you took that entirely the wrong way. I was merely saying that you deal with others by tapping them on the wrist, but then out of the blue you choose me to set an example or some shit. But hey, if this is your new take on being a mod, I applaud you, there are times when people need to be e slapped.

dadudemon
Sorry, was the Emperor shown being that fast as a crusty old man? Nope.

Too bad we can't gimp him then, right? We have to stick to movie feats, not your gimped interpretations. big grin

Precog was shown time and time again in general to be borderline unreliable.

This does nothing to counter anything I've said. At all.

Oh really? Then pretell why didnt the death eaters in THBP, you know, the ones that tried crashing through the shield charm surrounding Hogwarts, try casting spells through the shield charm? Hmm? Because NOTHING gets through a shield charm, dude, nothing, not even the force. there, I just proved without a doubt that the force cannot penetrate a shield charm.

Again, this does nothing to counter what I said.

The force does not exist in the Harry Potter Universe. It is certainly not magic, and it definitely isn't a physical/tangible items like flesh and bone.

You've done nothing to prove that it stands up to the force.

None of that matters, though, as Harry Potter is dead before he can even finish uttering an incantation.

Impediment
Well, I dunno if I should use "a version" of Palpy for this fight. He was younger in the PT, and older in the OT. Some would argue that fact for this fight.

What say you guys?

Robtard
Well, I dunno if I should use "a version" of Palpy for this fight. He was younger in the PT, and older in the OT. Some would argue that fact for this fight.

What say you guys?

Doesn't really matter, all he needs is Force-lightning and he was shown to produce it instantly in either ROTS and ROTJ, he doesn't need to yell out words and wave a stick around for it to happen. So he wins, via lightning.

It's ridiculous to say "Palpatine can't do this or that" in regards to ROTJ, when the same character was shown doing something that is supposed to happen earlier. Like he somehow lost his Force-speed. But some (ie RJ) have to ride the gimp horse to try and angle a win.

Ms.Marvel
dooku was 80 years old and moved fast enough to embarrass a boy in the prime of his life (anakin), yoda is 900 years old and displays more athleticism and speed then any character in the mythos (movie wise). there is absolutely no reason to assume that sideous is in any way shape or form slower or weaker than his younger incarnation. he moves slowly in the older movies because he doesnt really have a reason to not take his time... big grin

Impediment
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
dooku was 80 years old and moved fast enough to embarrass a boy in the prime of his life (anakin), yoda is 900 years old and displays more athleticism and speed then any character in the mythos (movie wise). there is absolutely no reason to assume that sideous is in any way shape or form slower or weaker than his younger incarnation. he moves slowly in the older movies because he doesnt really have a reason to not take his time... big grin

Well said.

Alpha Centauri
I love how RJ humps screen feats and speaks out against gimping now, despite them being his two major debate techniques previously.

Why tell Imped he's too laid back when previously you used to piss and moan whenever he called you out on the rules you used to break?

Really now? I call it frustration, it's like all the EVIDENCE and ONSCREEN FEATS are going in one ear and out the other.

Hahahaha.

Welcome to the feelings of EVERYONE besides you in the Sideswipe Vs Bumblebee thread. Evidence and on-screen feats whooped you in there and you ignored it. What's the deal, is it only allowed when it works for you?

-AC

Placidity
Sidious > HP

As for Voldemort vs Sidious, I used to think Sidious would own him like a noob, but after watching a few more HP movies again, imo Voldemort is far more powerful.

dadudemon
Right, and Harry just stands there like a doe in headlights?

You know, I could point out several points in the movies where he does just that. laughing

But, I like to argue by the same rules I apply.

Dont be stupid, even without his wand, Harry has non verbal spells and jinxes.

Oh really?

Name them. smile (I have about 2 in mind, and they don't do anything for Potter.)

And, if they have knowledge of each other, Harry is gonna be on the move from the get go.

That's a problem for Harry, though. Moving is difficult if he's being force choked. Avoiding one of the best lightsaber duelist to have ever existed in all of Star Wars history, and avoiding THE most powerful dark side force wielder are certainly crappy obstacles that a teenage boy will have difficulty with.

Accio invisibility cloak, confundus charm, petrificus totalus. See, you have to actually KNOW the HP magic spells to realize Harry wins this, and apparently you dont.

Wait, so you think Harry Potter has enough time to get off ANY incantations?

So, Harry is going to have time to pull out the vile, drink it, and use his super luck to someone defeat Palps?

You do know how absurd that is, right? Harry doesn't have time to do anything except get stabbed, force choked, force pushed so hard his body splatters on the wall behind him, or possibly fall prey to a mind trick.

On top of this, you do know that the Felix Felicis portion works similar to how force powers do...namely mind tricks, and getting lucky against say, a surprise attack. Cept, the force users aren't getting lucky, they are fully anticipating what is happening and simply avoiding and not getting lucky.

You do know that the the potion also has limitations, right? The limitations were mentioned and hinted at in the book. For example, you would not be able to use the luck to ask Dumbledore to kill himself, you couldn't attempt to raise someone from the dead and get lucky enough to succeed, you couldn't fall off of a cliff and survive. But, what it DOES do is increase the dice roll on probabilities such as, walking through a busy street and just happening to walk at the time when your path would avoid every car (maybe), ask a person a question that that person may sometimes answer or not answer (depending) and succeed in getting an answer out of that person (similar to a mind trick, but not quite as a mind trick would be more absolute against most people), etc.

That just entertains the incorrect idea that the luck potion will even be able to be drunk by Harry Potter without ending up in pieces. That simply wouldn't happen. Why would the emperor just stand there and watch Harry Potter go to town casting charms, drinking luck potions, etc?

Alpha Centauri
"Vial" by the way.

"Vile" means disgusting.

Just noticed a lot of people doing that lately.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Doesn't really matter, all he needs is Force-lightning and he was shown to produce it instantly in either ROTS and ROTJ, he doesn't need to yell out words and wave a stick around for it to happen. So he wins, via lightning.

It's ridiculous to say "Palpatine can't do this or that" in regards to ROTJ, when the same character was shown doing something that is supposed to happen earlier. Like he somehow lost his Force-speed. But some (ie RJ) have to ride the gimp horse to try and angle a win.

OK, it's ROTJ Palpy. Why? Impediment said "in the throne room."

1. In ANH, we are never shown a throne room. See number three.

2. In ESB, there is no Death Star.

3. In ROTJ, there is a throne room SHOWN onscreen. It is differently designed than the first Death Star, larger and more powerful.

Get it? So no matter how you cut it, we are talking about ROTJ Palpy.

And no, Palpy is never shown doing anything more than throwing force lightning in ROTJ, he had a walking stick FFS, did he have that in ROTS? Nope. Why did he have a walking stick? Because he was old, crusty and slow.

Funny how now you accept force speed, when I can recall several instances where you questioned it. Convenient. Question......Where was this force speed in ROTJ?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I love how RJ humps screen feats and speaks out against gimping now, despite them being his two major debate techniques previously.

Why tell Imped he's too laid back when previously you used to piss and moan whenever he called you out on the rules you used to break?

Hahahaha.

Welcome to the feelings of EVERYONE besides you in the Sideswipe Vs Bumblebee thread. Evidence and on-screen feats whooped you in there and you ignored it. What's the deal, is it only allowed when it works for you?

-AC There were actually at least three others. Baiter. Wanna go fishing?

Rogue Jedi
dooku was 80 years old and moved fast enough to embarrass a boy in the prime of his life (anakin), yoda is 900 years old and displays more athleticism and speed then any character in the mythos (movie wise). there is absolutely no reason to assume that sideous is in any way shape or form slower or weaker than his younger incarnation. he moves slowly in the older movies because he doesnt really have a reason to not take his time... big grin Assumptions, pure speculation. He is never shown moving with force speed in the PT, thats all that matters. Therefore he can't.

Ms.Marvel
assumptions, pure speculation. he is never shown to be unable to move with force speed, thats all that matters. therefore he can.

absence of proof isnt proof of absence.

Dr Will Hatch
Originally posted by Placidity
Sidious > HP

As for Voldemort vs Sidious, I used to think Sidious would own him like a noob, but after watching a few more HP movies again, imo Voldemort is far more powerful. Maybe he is, but Voldemort is a racist idiot while Palpatine is a master manipulator and Satan incarnate. He could just talk to and mindscrew Voldemort the way he did Anakin.

Dr Will Hatch
assumptions, pure speculation. he is never shown to be unable to move with force speed, thats all that matters. therefore he can.

absence of proof isnt proof of absence. Force Speed is a common power among Jedi and Sith. It's shown in the EU, and more importantly for this debate, in the cartoon.

Rogue Jedi

Oh really?

Name them. smile (I have about 2 in mind, and they don't do anything for Potter.)

Harry will make Palpy do this, watch at 1:05

xJkYHg8Q08Y

No saber here for Palpy. big grin

He wont have to avoid Palpy, he will simply block everything Palpy throws at him then counter with a binding spell or whatever he chooses to cast.

Obstacles here will only help Harry, he has shown many times how he evades attack by using the environment, trees, walls and stuff.

In GOF, in the vid I posted, he casts a spell and the red beam from his wand is locked with Voldy's like half a second later.

I've moved past the vile of potion, keep up.

Palpy is never shown using force choke. Even if he was, Harry shield charms it. Same with force push or anything else Palpy throws at Harry.

See, I am gonna do what you guys are doing, repeat the same thing over and over and over and over and over.

Rogue Jedi

absence of proof isnt proof of absence. No, check the MVF rules. Gotta happen onscreen, sister.

He didn't move with force speed in the PT, therefore he can't here.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Force Speed is a common power among Jedi and Sith. It's shown in the EU, and more importantly for this debate, in the cartoon. Too bad this thread is not about the cartoon, and EU isnt allowed. Next question.

Dr Will Hatch
WTF? You can't shield charm against a Force choke. It's telekinesis.

Impediment
OK, it's ROTJ Palpy. Why? Impediment said "in the throne room."

1. In ANH, we are never shown a throne room. See number three.

2. In ESB, there is no Death Star.

3. In ROTJ, there is a throne room SHOWN onscreen. It is differently designed than the first Death Star, larger and more powerful.

Get it? So no matter how you cut it, we are talking about ROTJ Palpy.

And no, Palpy is never shown doing anything more than throwing force lightning in ROTJ, he had a walking stick FFS, did he have that in ROTS? Nope. Why did he have a walking stick? Because he was old, crusty and slow.

Funny how now you accept force speed, when I can recall several instances where you questioned it. Convenient. Question......Where was this force speed in ROTJ?

No ROTJ was ever mentioned. PERIOD. We are discussing Palpatine. I feel that "a version of which" is unnecessary.

Moving on.

Ms.Marvel
No, check the MVF rules. Gotta happen onscreen, sister.

He didn't move with force speed in the PT, therefore he can't here.

jesus youre stubborn. every single person in this thread is telling you that youre completely wrong. you dont see that as a kind of clue?

Rogue Jedi
No ROTJ was ever mentioned. PERIOD. We are discussing Palpatine. I feel that "a version of which" is unnecessary.

Moving on. Fine. The fight starts, Harry ducks behind some of the obstacles, debris and cover in the throne room, accios his cloak, becomes invisible. We ever see Palpy fighting someone he can't see? Nope. Harry Petrificus totalus's his ass.

Lemme guess, no cloak allowed for Harry? And I am betting you'll think of a way for Palpy to know where Harry is at all times, despite not being able to see him. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Rogue Jedi
jesus youre stubborn. every single person in this thread is telling you that youre completely wrong. you dont see that as a kind of clue? Did he move with force speed in the PT?

Rogue Jedi
Did he move with force speed in the PT? No, RJ, he didn't. good point.

Ms.Marvel
Did he move with force speed in the PT?

facepalm

Rogue Jedi
facepalm Exactly. He wasn't shown using force speed in the OT, so it's not allowed here.

I meant OT, not PT. ANH, ESB, and ROTJ. No force speed was shown by Palpy in these movies.

Robtard
Fine. The fight starts, Harry ducks behind some of the obstacles, debris and cover in the throne room, accios his cloak, becomes invisible. We ever see Palpy fighting someone he can't see? Nope. Harry Petrificus totalus's his ass.

Lemme guess, no cloak allowed for Harry? And I am betting you'll think of a way for Palpy to know where Harry is at all times, despite not being able to see him. roll eyes (sarcastic)

See, there's your flaw(yet again), as much as you want to gimp Palpatine and boost Potter with cloaks, vials, brooms and butt-plugs(none of which he has here), old, slow and crusty Palpatine is still able to instantly release force-lightning in ROTJ, this is shown. He doesn't need to mouth a spell and flick some wand about, he wants lightning; it springs forth instantly.

So again, you have nothing except avoiding the fact that Palpatine can kill or incapacitate Potter via lightning, before Potter can do a thing of value. That and giving Potter everything under the kitchen sink, which I'm fine with, as he'll be fried before he can cover himself with a cloak, drink a potion or do some amazing feat of dodge/diving into rubble, as you imagine.

Which Potter is this? As how you're gimping Palpatine, Potter didn't use every spell in each film, so he'd only have movie-specific spells. See this is why your debating is so f'ing silly, so one-sided and biased.

Samurai100
sidious can use force sense

Robtard
Originally posted by Samurai100
sidious can use force sense

No, no, no, RJ insist on gimping Palpatine to only, and I mean only using force-lightning, every power he had shown or was implied before ROTJ doesn't count, while Potter gets any ability and item he's ever shown and hasn't shown in all the movies.

Yet still, Palpatine fries him before he can blink, okay, he could probably blink once before the electrocution.

Rogue Jedi
See, there's your flaw(yet again), as much as you want to gimp Palpatine and boost Potter with cloaks, vials, brooms and butt-plugs(none of which he has here), old, slow and crusty Palpatine is still able to instantly release force-lightning in ROTJ, this is shown. He doesn't need to mouth a spell and flick some wand about, he wants lightning; it springs forth instantly.

So again, you have nothing except avoiding the fact that Palpatine can kill or incapacitate Potter vis lightning, before Potter can do a thing of value. That and giving Potter everything under the kitchen sink.

If they have some knowledge of each other, Harry will be quite aware Palpy will use force lightning when Harry tells him to **** off. You think he is gonna stand there and wait for Palpy to use it? Harry's not an idiot, dude. Likely he will run for cover before the battle even starts.

Run for cover, cast a shield charm, deflect the force lightning, then counter with the spell of his choice.

Here:

MFEjcvIRMDo

It takes a full second for Sidious's force lightning to reach Yoda, that's more than enough time for Harry to cast a shield charm and deflect it, or even block it with his wand.

Rogue Jedi
No, no, no, RJ insist on gimping Palpatine to only, and I mean only using force-lightning, every power he had shown or was implied before ROTJ doesn't count, while Potter gets any ability and item he's ever shown and hasn't shown in all the movies.

Yet still, Palpatine fries him before he can blink, okay, he could probably blink once before the electrocution. Hey Rob, you think Harry is gonna stand there and go toe to toe with Palpy, knowing what Palpy can do?

Robtard
If they have some knowledge of each other, Harry will be quite aware Palpy will use force lightning when Harry tells him to **** off. You think he is gonna stand there and wait for Palpy to use it? Harry's not an idiot, dude. Likely he will run for cover before the battle even starts.

Run for cover, cast a shield charm, deflect the force lightning, then counter with the spell of his choice.

Here:

MFEjcvIRMDo

It takes a full second for Sidious's force lightning to reach Yoda, that's more than enough time for Harry to cast a shield charm and deflect it, or even block it with his wand.

He turns his back now? LoL, he'd be dead before he took his second step. Next.

No, Potter can't cast that fast. Next.

Also, I asked above, which version of Potter is this? If Palpatine can only use film specific powers, then the same applies for Potter.

Robtard
Hey Rob, you think Harry is gonna stand there and go toe to toe with Palpy, knowing what Palpy can do?

He has no choice. Lightning springs forth instantly, Potter isn't casting a spell to counter in time or running out of the way. Next.

Rogue Jedi
He turns his back now? LoL, he'd be dead before he took his second step. Next.

No, Potter can't cast that fast. Next.

Also, I asked above, which version of Potter is this? If Palpatine can only use film specific powers, then the same applies for Potter. He isnt gonna stand his ground like Luke did, thats for sure, he'll GTFO before Palpy gives him the ultimatum of joining the dark side or dying. Palpy will give his little speech, Harry will be out of sight, safely behind a pillar or whatever, where force lightning cannot reach him.

I ask again, you think Harry is idiot enough to go toe to toe here?

Rogue Jedi
He has no choice. Lightning springs forth instantly, Potter isn't casting a spell to counter in time or running out of the way. Next. Sidious is trying to turn him, man, not kill him. Force lightning will be a last resort, as it was with Luke.

Your turn.

Robtard
He isnt gonna stand his ground like Luke did, thats for sure, he'll GTFO before Palpy gives him the ultimatum of joining the dark side or dying. Palpy will give his little speech, Harry will be out of sight, safely behind a pillar or whatever, where force lightning cannot reach him.

I ask again, you think Harry is idiot enough to go toe to toe here?

Lightning travels faster than Potter can run. Next.

I ask again, which version of Potter is this? He'd only have those film specific spells/powers, as per the Palpatine gimp. Not that it matters, as he's fried the second the fight starts.

Robtard
Sidious is trying to turn him, man, not kill him. Force lightning will be a last resort, as it was with Luke.

Your turn.

Read the OP, son. "Harry refuses, fight starts". It starts, lighting springs forth, Potter is cooked. Next.

Rogue Jedi
Lightning travels faster than Potter can run. Next.

I ask again, which version of Potter is this? He'd only have those film specific powers, as per the Palpatine gimp. Not that it matters, as he's fried the second the fight starts. Again, Palpy is trying to turn Harry, he wont resort to force lightning until he is out of options, as he did with Luke. Harry wont wait around for that, he'll run for cover long before Palpy uses lightning.

Rogue Jedi
Read the OP, son. "Harry refuses, fight starts". It starts, lighting springs forth, Potter is cooked. Next. Doesnt say anything about Harry standing there eye to eye with Palpy, does it? You make it sound like Harry wont try to leave, try to escape. Sure, let's tie Harry to a post and let Palpy have his way, yes?

Robtard
Again, Palpy is trying to turn Harry, he wont resort to force lightning until he is out of options, as he did with Luke. Harry wont wait around for that, he'll run for cover long before Palpy uses lightning.

Um, no, repeat:

Read the OP, son. "Harry refuses, fight starts". It starts, lighting springs forth, Potter is cooked. Next.

I like how you try and dictate that Palpatine will hold back now, because that's what evil-bastards do.

Ms.Marvel
Sidious is trying to turn him, man, not kill him. Force lightning will be a last resort, as it was with Luke.

why? if you notice... the lightning didnt kill luke instantly nor did it kill yoda. palpatine can tag harry with the lightning and itll just incapacitate him like a taser.

Robtard
Doesnt say anything about Harry standing there eye to eye with Palpy, does it? You make it sound like Harry wont try to leave, try to escape. Sure, let's tie Harry to a post and let Palpy have his way, yes?

Listen, I know your last resort is to try and dictate and insist Palpatine will hold back, out of the kindness of his heart, but here's the OP, abide the rules.

Palpatine wants to turn Harry to the Dark Side.

Harry refuses.

Fight takes place in Palpatine's throne room on the Death Star.

Harry will not use any of the Forbidden spells, since he is pure of heart and refuses to use them. He has his wand.

Palpatine is the Dark Lord of the Sith and will fight dirty with the Dark Side of the Force.

Remember: The Throne Room has a lot of obstacles, debris, and cover.

The Force versus Magic. Who wins?

Now, like I said from the very start, Potter will be fried before he can raise a shield (debatable if it will stop Force-lighting), pull over a hoodie, drink a potion or run for cover, Force-lightning is simply faster, a lot faster. Just accept this.

Rogue Jedi
Listen, I know your last resort is to try and dictate and insist Palpatine will hold back, out of the kindness of his heart, but here's the OP, abide the rules.

Now, like I said from the very start, Potter will be fried before he can raise a shield (debatable if it will stop Force-lighting), pull over a hoodie, drink a potion or run away. Just accept this. Who said anything about holding back? He'll give long winded speech as he did with Luke, Harry will have every opportunity to run for cover. Don't be stupid. You make it sound like Harry will be presented to Palpy, and right away Palpy will be all "GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" and cast force lightning. Not gonna happen.

This thread is so full of holes it's like swiss cheese. Few questions:

How was Harry captured? Why does Harry have his wand? Why didn't whoever captured Harry disarm him? HOW did Harry get his wand back? First thing that happened to Luke when captured, they took away his lightsaber.

Also, it's even more debatable if the force can penetrate a shield charm. For the millionth time, why did the death eaters have to resort to a vanishing cabinet to infiltrate Howgarts? Because they could not penetrate the shield charm.

Rogue Jedi
why? if you notice... the lightning didnt kill luke instantly nor did it kill yoda. palpatine can tag harry with the lightning and itll just incapacitate him like a taser. Why? Because Palpy showed onscreen HOW he tries to turn powerful young men to the dark side. He blabs for a bit, then when they tell him to kiss their ass, he uses force lightning.

Samurai100
Remember sidious has force sense so bye bye usefulness of the invisibility cloak

Robtard
Who said anything about holding back? He'll give long winded speech as he did with Luke, Harry will have every opportunity to run for cover. Don't be stupid. You make it sound like Harry will be presented to Palpy, and right away Palpy will be all "GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" and cast force lightning. Not gonna happen.

This thread is so full of holes it's like swiss cheese. Few questions:

How was Harry captured? Why does Harry have his wand? Why didn't whoever captured Harry disarm him? HOW did Harry get his wand back? First thing that happened to Luke when captured, they took away his lightsaber.

Also, it's even more debatable if the force can penetrate a shield charm. For the millionth time, why did the death eaters have to resort to a vanishing cabinet to infiltrate Howgarts? Because they could not penetrate the shield charm.

READ THE ****ING OP(I posted it for you above): Palpatine tries; Harry refuses. That's when the fight starts.

For you to insist Potter will have carte blanche to run away and prepare while Palpatine just continues to talk like a moron is one pathetically sad gimp, even by your gimp-standards. So just stop that nonsense.

Ms.Marvel
Why? Because Palpy showed onscreen HOW he tries to turn powerful young men to the dark side. He blabs for a bit, then when they tell him to kiss their ass, he uses force lightning.

and it already says in the op harry refused his attempts to turn him.. aka he told him to go shove it. =\

youre reaching.

Rogue Jedi
READ THE ****ING OP: Palpatine tries; Harry refuses. That's when the fight starts.

For you to insist Potter will have carte blanche to run away and prepare while Palpatine just continues to talk like a moron is one pathetically sad gimp, even by your gimp-standards. So just stop that nonsense. I see, so Harry is just standing there, thumb up his ass, completely out of character? Spite thread.

Lets get real, Harry will have a chance to attain cover as Palpy drones on and on about joining the dark side.

And there is always the chance that Harry can block the lightning with his wand. If he is going to be standing there like a dumbass, like you insist he will be, surely his wand will be raised. No way for you to prove he cannot do this, so dont even try.

Likely, as Palpy drones on and on, Harry blows him up like the fat ***** at the Dursleys (non verbal spell FTW.) Palpy floats away, wheezing like a gas laden pie eating champion.

Rogue Jedi
and it already says in the op harry refused his attempts to turn him.. aka he told him to go shove it. =\

youre reaching. No, saying Harry stands his ground and waits to be fried is reaching. Harry is always fighting and dueling in his movies, and most of the time he is on the move.

Robtard
I see, so Harry is just standing there, thumb up his ass, completely out of character? Spite thread.

Lets get real, Harry will have a chance to attain cover as Palpy drones on and on about joining the dark side.

And there is always the chance that Harry can block the lightning with his wand. If he is going to be standing there like a dumbass, like you insist he will be, surely his wand will be raised. No way for you to prove he cannot do this, so dont even try.

Likely, as Palpy drones on and on, Harry blows him up like the fat ***** at the Dursleys (non verbal spell FTW.) Palpy floats away, wheezing like a gas laden pie eating champion.

Listen, if it makes you STFU to claim "spite" on Imp's part, so be it. I don't think he was, Imp isn't the spite-thread type.

No, he won't. Your nonsense assumes that Palpatine is an idiot who will continue to babble while someone runs away and tries to kill him. Harry tries to react instead of listening, Palpatine fries him faster than he can wave his twig. /the end

Robtard
No, saying Harry stands his ground and waits to be fried is reaching. Harry is always fighting and dueling in his movies, and most of the time he is on the move.

Don't know which movies, as they all run together for me. But Potter has stood by like an imbecilic chimp while shit happened around him and to him. He isn't this battle-hardened, reacts on predatory instincts Special Forces operative you imagine he is. He's a boy, dude. A BOY with a wand, he's not SAS.

The only chance he has surviving an encounter with the Sith Lord, is if he cast 'fellatio' on Palpatine and does it with supreme expertise. Maybe.

Rogue Jedi
Look, there's no way I can prove that HP magic trumps the force, and there's no way for you to prove vice versa. We are forced to place them on even ground, one no stronger than the other.

Having said that, when Palpy produces force lightning, Harry simply blocks it with his wand. You know, the way he blocked spells with his wand in OOTP and THBP. Same way Obi Wan blocked Dooku's in AOTC.

Harry will have his wand at the ready, Palpy will produce force lightning, Harry blocks it. Question is, how will Palpy block Harry's attacks? Because despite the fact the Palpy is Palpy, Harry will, sooner or later, have a chance to attack.

Or he could block, and at the same time use the non verbal spell he used in POA, on the lady in the Dursleys house. No wand required there either.

Robtard
I think magic is generally stronger and more versatile than the Force.

But Potter isn't faster than Palpatine, Potter isn't faster than lightning, so Potter isn't blocking. Potter be dead.

Samurai100
sids uses force push then uses lightning

Rogue Jedi
I think magic is generally stronger and more versatile than the Force.

But Potter isn't faster than Palpatine, Potter isn't faster than lightning, so Potter isn't blocking. Potter be dead. Harry will have his wand at the ready the moment he tells Palpy to **** off, man. It will be in blocking position beforehand.

Robtard
Harry will have his wand at the ready the moment he tells Palpy to **** off, man. It will be in blocking position beforehand.

Because Palpatine the complete idiot will allow this beforehand, just cuz. Harry goe to grab his little twig while Palpatine is talking, he's gets to ride the lightning or the wand is force-pulled away and snapped. Just stop, dude.

Also, you're guessing that Potter's wand will be able to block Force-lightning, which isn't a single stream of lightning, it's many and it jumps around everywhere. So it may block one bolt, the others come around and fry him. This is of course going with your scenario that Palpatine is a complete moron; even moron-Palp can beat Potter.

Rogue Jedi
Because Palpatine the complete idiot will allow this beforehand, just cuz. Harry goe to grab his stick, he's fried or the wand is pulled away and snapped. Just stop, dude.

Also, you're guessing that Potter's wand will be able to block Force-lightning, which isn't a single stream of lightning, it's many and it jumps around everywhere. So may block one bolt, the others come around and fry him. Harry will surely have his wand in hand, it's Palpy, man, he knows Palpy will kill him as soon as he says no to joining the dark side. You make it sound like Harry is gonna be sitting cross legged reading the Quibbler instead of preparing for combat. And if the wand is pulled away, Harry simply accios it, pulls it back and blocks. Palpy cannot force pull AND force lightning at the same time, you know.

Obi Wan's blade easily blocked Dooku's force lightning and it isnt much wider than Harrys wand. There's your proof.

Robtard
Harry will surely have his wand in hand, it's Palpy, man, he knows Palpy will kill him as soon as he says no to joining the dark side. You make it sound like Harry is gonna be sitting cross legged reading the Quibbler instead of preparing for combat. And if the wand is pulled away, Harry simply accios it, pulls it back and blocks. Palpy cannot force pull AND force lightning at the same time, you know.

Obi Wan's blade easily blocked Dooku's force lightning and it isnt much wider than Harrys wand. There's your proof.

Again, Potter having weapon in hand and Palpatine just allowing it relies on Palpatine being a moron; as seen in the films, he's extremely smart and always 2 steps ahead. So no, you can't decide he's a moron now.

Again, Potter would babble out "Acc..." and then the lightning would hit him. Lightning comes faster than babbling out spells.

Obi wan is also a Jedi with a mastery of The Force, the same shit Force-lightning is made from. Potter isn't, doesn't, no amount of Harry Potter fanboyism will change this.

Ms.Marvel
obi-wan also used the force to focus it into the lightsaber as did mace. the aotc novel confirms this.

Rogue Jedi
Again, Potter having weapon in hand and Palpatine just allowing it relies on Palpatine being a moron; as seen in the films, he's extremely smart and always 2 steps ahead. So no.

Again, Potter would babble out "Acc..." and then the lightning would hit him. Lightning comes faster than babbling spells.

Obi wan is also a Jedi with a mastery of The Force, the same shit force-lightning is made from. Potter isn't, doesn't.

"They fight" implies they are both ready to go, Harry with wand drawn and Palpy ready to use the force. See, I am a fan of SW and HP both, SW moreso, so I am more likely to be objective here. You, on the other hand, have admitted to me before how you hate HP with a passion, so naturally you want Harry to lose here. FS you think Palpy can beat Voldemort roll eyes (sarcastic)

If Palpy force pulls away the wand, Harry accios it back, Palpy will have to stop force pulling and then force lightning. He cant do both, Harry's wand will be back in his hand in time to block. When he accio'd the goblet in GOF, it was almost instantly in his hand.

Yeah, Obi Wan was so powerful that Dooku beat him in seconds. Nice one, you almost made me laugh, *****. Like it or not, Harry is one of the more uber wizards, powerful as hell, far more powerful with magic than Obi Wan was with the force.

Rogue Jedi
obi-wan also used the force to focus it into the lightsaber as did mace. the aotc novel confirms this. Too bad this is the MVF, not the NVF.

Ms.Marvel
too bad that doesnt have anything to do with what i said. you cant prove that obi-wan didnt use the force to do it but i have a canon source that says he did and logic also agrees with me. what have you got? youre real good at putting down other peoples evidence when it suits you but you cant put up a single thing to defend your own logic.

so feel free to prove to me how obi-wan was able to somehow attract a string of lightning that archs and somehow have all the arcs zero in on his lightsaber which is only two inches thick, even though the arcs go in different directions.

Robtard
"They fight" implies they are both ready to go, Harry with wand drawn and Palpy ready to use the force. See, I am a fan of SW and HP both, SW moreso, so I am more likely to be objective here. You, on the other hand, have admitted to me before how you hate HP with a passion, so naturally you want Harry to lose here. FS you think Palpy can beat Voldemort roll eyes (sarcastic)

If Palpy force pulls away the wand, Harry accios it back, Palpy will have to stop force pulling and then force lightning. He cant do both, Harry's wand will be back in his hand in time to block. When he accio'd the goblet in GOF, it was almost instantly in his hand.

No, you're not reading the OP, yet again. Says:

-Palpatine wants to turn Harry to the Dark Side.

-Harry refuses.

That's when the fight starts, after Potter refuses. So Potter wouldn't have wand in hand at the ready while Palpatine was talking and before Potter refused.

No, he'd be fried long before that, see above. Just stop, you have nothing except rampant Harry Potter fanboyism here and that doesn't win a debate, only makes you look like an ass, as you're not doing it in a humorous manner.

Rogue Jedi
too bad that doesnt have anything to do with what i said. you cant prove that obi-wan didnt use the force to do it but i have a canon source that says he did and logic also agrees with me. what have you got? youre real good at putting down other peoples evidence when it suits you but you cant put up a single thing to defend your own logic.

so feel free to prove to me how obi-wan was able to somehow attract a string of lightning that archs and somehow have all the arcs zero in on his lightsaber which is only two inches thick, even though the arcs go in different directions. You telling me Obi Wan manipulated the force lightning? laughing out loud

The saber attracted the arcs because it is an energy weapon, just as a wand is. Magic is, after all, manipulated energy. :

Placidity
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Maybe he is, but Voldemort is a racist idiot while Palpatine is a master manipulator and Satan incarnate. He could just talk to and mindscrew Voldemort the way he did Anakin.

Voldemort isn't an idiot...

It took Sidious years to corrupt Anakin. That wouldn't happen in a fight against Voldemort.

Ms.Marvel
You telling me Obi Wan manipulated the force lightning? laughing out loud

The saber attracted the arcs because it is an energy weapon, just as a wand is. Magic is, after all, manipulated energy. :

prove energy weapons attract the force in the star wars universe. as i said the novel itself confirms this. youre basically creating a different explaination then the one thata actually exists, ergo youre going against canon.

Rogue Jedi
No, you're not reading the OP, yet again. Says:

-Palpatine wants to turn Harry to the Dark Side.

-Harry refuses.

That's when the fight starts, after Potter refuses. So Potter wouldn't have wand in hand at the ready while Palpatine was talking and before Potter refused.

No, he'd be fried long before that, see above. Just stop, you have nothing except rampant Harry Potter fanboyism here and that doesn't win a debate, only makes you look like an ass, as you're not doing it in a humorous manner. And Harry, knowing what Palpy can do, will surely know Palpy will kill him when he refuses. Wand will be at the ready, force lightning will be cast, it will be blocked.

See, you would rather have Harry NOT be ready for combat, and for Palpy to be totally prepared. You think Harry will be like "OK, gonna tell this guy to bugger, then hey, he'll buy me an ice cream!!!"

No. He'll be fully prepared, as Palpy will be. After all, that's an even playing field. Even playing field means they are BOTH ready, not just Palpy.

Rogue Jedi
prove energy weapons attract the force in the star wars universe. as i said the novel itself confirms this. youre basically creating a different explaination then the one thata actually exists, ergo youre going against canon. Prove that Obi and Mace manipulated the arcs with the force? With something from ONSCREEN?

The mere mention of a novel is going against Canon, sister.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Placidity
Voldemort isn't an idiot...

It took Sidious years to corrupt Anakin. That wouldn't happen in a fight against Voldemort. Plus the fact that Voldemort is a master of occlumency.

Ms.Marvel
Prove that Obi and Mace manipulated the arcs with the force? With something from ONSCREEN?

The mere mention of a novel is going against Canon, sister.

lol. is that youre way of saying you cant do it? to say "no u first?!!?" you made the claim that obi-wan didnt use the force to attract the lightning. burden of proof is on you.

Rogue Jedi
lol. is that youre way of saying you cant do it? to say "no u first?!!?" My explaination is logical. You ever see energy arcing from two points merging together? There ya go.

Your turn.

Ms.Marvel
My explaination is logical. You ever see energy arcing from two points merging together? There ya go.

Your turn.

thats not an explanation. thats an observation.

Rogue Jedi
you made the claim that obi-wan didnt use the force to attract the lightning. burden of proof is on you. Because Yoda, a master ****in Jedi, could have manipulated the lightning when it was fired at him in Palpys office, but he didnt. He had just as much if not more of a warning and time that Obi Wan did.

Rogue Jedi
thats not an explanation. thats an observation. No, thats a scientific fact. You dont get out much, do you?

Ms.Marvel
thats not a scientific fact at all.

Rogue Jedi
thats not a scientific fact at all. What is it then? How do you explain why two arcs of electricity merge together? Mating season?

Still waiting on YOUR proof that Obi Wan did what you said he did.

Ms.Marvel
What is it then? How do you explain why two arcs of electricity merge together? Mating season?

because the same way the lightning is aimed with the force, it can be attracted by the force. that should be a simple concept to piece together. what you have is an observation. "The lighting arcs in different directions but meets at the lightsaber" is not an explaination of anything nor is it a fact. its an observation of what is happening not why or what is making it do so.

One Free Man
rots novelization depicts that the combatants (Sidious and Yoda) were moving faster than the human eye could depict.

Sidious instantly moves in and gets harry potter.

Harry potter, as far as I can tell, must always say something when he uses spells; thus, he has a wait time of .5-1 second before his spell takes effect. Even then, missile spells seem to travel a little slower than LIGHTNING.

Sidious's electricity will force him to be unable to perform the graceful movements required with his wand due to electric shock and fry him to death. It also happens precognitive and as fast as lightning.

One Free Man
Because Yoda, a master ****in Jedi, could have manipulated the lightning when it was fired at him in Palpys office, but he didnt. He had just as much if not more of a warning and time that Obi Wan did. That's about as much warning as harry has. Harry's wand is also, wood or pheonix crap or something like that. His wand is going to be superconductive, if it's wood, and organic material thus as conductive as human flesh if its pheonix crap.

Energy isn't why it attracts and why the light saber stops anything. If you want to refuse the novelization (which is canon in the SWmovieforum) as an example, use the fact that the lightning was not attracted to any of the power sources onscreen in episode six. Instead it went straight towards luke's body, not to the metal around him or any obviously more conductive material. It's obviously guided by the force.

Also, if you want to get scientific, the only way that the lightsaber could naturally attract any sort of charge is if It was positively charged and palpatine was negatively charging his hands, or vise versa. http://www.myuniversalfacts.com/2006/03/what-causes-lightning.html

Since we can safely assume that Mr. Potter cannot change the polarity of his stick without hermione to tell him what spell it is, (what with fighing voldemort all day and never studying) and it is probably NOT CHARGED WITH ELECTRICITY AT ALL (Electricity=/=magic no matter what the protestants say), we can safely assume that the electricity is directed with the force, NOT because of any scientific drawing of lightning to the impossible beam weapon. That and Light has no significant electric charge.

We have a precognitive, lightning fast supervillain, who can conjure up 1.21 jiggawatts in a nanosecond, much less enough TELEKENESIS to crush potter's lungs and skull within breathless seconds, vs Harry potter, a young lad with the ability to say his prayers to some magic force with exceptional results. I don't think harry potter's getting a "Wingardum Leviousa" off.

Edit: Let's see who gets the back to the future reference, eh?

Second Edit: RJ, no matter what happens in this thread, you're still supercool in my book. <3

Ms.Marvel
everytime you reply to him, it gives him a chance to ignore my checkmate posts and focus on yours. stop giving him cop-out routes.

One Free Man
What is it then? How do you explain why two arcs of electricity merge together? Mating season?

Still waiting on YOUR proof that Obi Wan did what you said he did. It is more likely that Yoda is keeping his electricity on the same charge as palpatine and sending it flying to deflect it.

Also, even more likely that the special effects guy knew about as much about electricity as the people in this thread do.

Source: I'm a maintenance man who has worked in a shop fixing the electrics in municipal equipment.

One Free Man
everytime you reply to him, it gives him a chance to ignore my checkmate posts and focus on yours. stop giving him cop-out routes. You know, when you're facetious, it can help to signify with an "LOL" or a well placed smilie.

Ms.Marvel
proof that force lightning... something created by a mystical energy field that doesnt actually exist... follows the same laws as regular electricity?

also. im being facetious. you look like an ass though. smile

One Free Man
proof that force lightning... something created by a mystical energy field that doesnt actually exist... follows the same laws as regular electricity? As I said, most likely the lightning is just special effects and the guy who did it put no thought into the science, but If we assume that It works like electricity, since it looks like electricity and is based off of lightning, and electric phenomenon, we can assume that it's not attracted to a beam weapon because of science.

One Free Man
you look like an ass though. smile Well, at least I'm a bad one.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>