WWII in Marvel and DC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WickedDynamite
I been thinking (yes, I can think) about how different both the DC and Marvel can be sometimes. But it seems that WWII was an event that pretty much define the will and fighting spirit of the human soul. Do you guys think that despite the differences between the two universes, WWII was different for their respective universes?

Also, are there differences between both the Allies and Axis powers in both Marvel and DC?

Which universe had the most destructive WWII, DC or Marvel?

roughrider
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
I been thinking (yes, I can think) about how different both the DC and Marvel can be sometimes. But it seems that WWII was an event that pretty much define the will and fighting spirit of the human soul. Do you guys think that despite the differences between the two universes, WWII was different for their respective universes?

Also, are there differences between both the Allies and Axis powers in both Marvel and DC?

Which universe had the most destructive WWII, DC or Marvel?

WWII is still strongly entrenched in Marvel's history and continuity.
DC made it confusing for themselves, because in the Pre-Crisis days they put WWII in the time of the golden age heroes who were on Earth-2 (Superman, Alan Scott, the JSA ). Then they made Sgt. Rock a different Earth, and had them fighting the war up into the 1980's!

One main reason, on DC Earth Adolf Hitler had the Spear Of Destiny, which was used a threat to keep Meta humans out of the war. On Marvel Earth the superheroes from the allied side fought against Axis super soldiers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.