Link vs The Arbiter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Spartan117ftw
Link cannot use Nayru's Love or his ocarina. He has Master Sword, Hylian Shield, and Hero's bow (25 arrows).

Arbiter has an Energy Sword, Beam Rifle, and Plasma Rifle. He also gets to use camo.

LLLLLink
Which Link is this?

ScreamPaste
Considering he mentioned Nayru's love and the Ocarina I'm thinkin' Hero of Time Link.

LLLLLink
Play a Zelda game, Screampaste.

Lol, I'm just kidding with you big grin.

ESB -1138
Why even have arrows? What is an arrow going to do against an energy shield designed to handle bullets and plasma shots?

Phanteros
Spite!!!

ScreamPaste
Well, considering that ice arrows can freeze whole volcanoes... I'm thinkin' one arrow ends this. no expression

Phantom Miria
The type of arrow is not specified though

ESB -1138
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Well, considering that ice arrows can freeze whole volcanoes... I'm thinkin' one arrow ends this. no expression

And yet an ice arrow couldn't freeze an Iron Knuckle with armor on and not advance energy shields.

ScreamPaste
Gameplay mechanic much?
A canon even is an ice arrow freezing a volcano. You can't discredit that with gameplay mechanics. It'd one shot arbiter.

LLLLLink
Gameplay mechanic much?
A canon even is an ice arrow freezing a volcano. You can't discredit that with gameplay mechanics. It'd one shot arbiter.

Yeah, they better be able to freeze a volcano considering how well guarded they are. Epic arrows are epic.

wammamram
what kind of crap is this arbiter would stomp link

ScreamPaste
It might help if you read the thread before you posted.

Ice arrow > Arbiter. /game.

Phantom Miria
Although Invisibility > Arrow, no?

ScreamPaste
Nah. Link's fought invisible enemies before, and I don't see the les of truth on the ban list. Even without it Link's capable of following shadows ect very easily. Besides which point, he doesn't even have to make a direct hit with an ice or fire arrow for this to be over, thanks to their apparently large area of effect. (Melting glaciers instantly/Freezing a volcano.)

Shutter Control
plasma sniper (beam rifle) > any kind of arrow / game big grin

He may have fought invisible enemies but I still think this gives Arby an advantage either way. Besides, I don't see Link getting the first hit.

ScreamPaste
Explain to me how that rifle's more impressive than something that can melt a glacier or freeze a volcano? Appeal to novelty fallacy.

And I don't see how Link gettign the first hit's an issue. no expression The guy can walk around in lava, and handle hits from Ganon who busted an island in WW. What's your plasma rifle gonna do?

P.S. Thanks for playing, and get your own victory tag. /Game.

LLLLLink
The simple people make me lol.

Shutter Control
Explain to me how that rifle's more impressive than something that can melt a glacier or freeze a volcano? Appeal to novelty fallacy.

And I don't see how Link gettign the first hit's an issue. no expression The guy can walk around in lava, and handle hits from Ganon who busted an island in WW. What's your plasma rifle gonna do?

P.S. Thanks for playing, and get your own victory tag. /Game. Most likely you assumed I meant it's greater overall. That is not what I meant. I was talking about speed. Heard arrows in LoZ are slow as hell. Sniper/Beam rifle...that is as fast as you'll get really.

If Link has those durability feats, good for him. He seems to have a lot of random feats these days. laughing

ScreamPaste
You heard wrong, the arrows in LoZ are pretty freakin' fast. Who said they were slow? And a lot of random feats, you say. Hm..

Shutter Control
Walking in lava and tanking island busting hits, for Link, seem random to me. Besides, there's probably a chance the hits taken weren't island busting and walking in lava I also heard was a mechanic. Guess these are wrong too.

ScreamPaste
The island busting feat is a show of Ganon's power, I'm using it to illustrate that if Link can survive going a round or two with Ganondorf, a beam rifle's not exactly going to one-shot him. erm As for walking in lava, play OoT, and he can do it just fine. He spends an entire section of the game inside a volcano, infact.

Shutter Control
Saying that Link can take hits from a person who can do x feat does not (necessarily) imply anything about the taken hits.

Please don't tell someone to play a game just for the sake of a debate and instead provide videos. Youtube has endless VG footage. Spending time in a volcano by itself means nothing. I know Ryu in NG spent time in a magma cavern. Doesn't mean he can walk in lava unaffected, and if it's limited to LoZ gameplay (and walking in lava is not required to complete the story) then it doesn't count, according to KMC style debating IIRC. If it is required than the feat is his, though I agree that gameplay alone may or may not suggest canonical abilities.

Ms.Marvel
especially considering that said arrow uses magic whereas beam rifles shots are made out of something else entirely. maybe link just has high magic tolerance? you cant really compare the two.

ESB -1138
The island busting feat is a show of Ganon's power, I'm using it to illustrate that if Link can survive going a round or two with Ganondorf, a beam rifle's not exactly going to one-shot him. erm As for walking in lava, play OoT, and he can do it just fine. He spends an entire section of the game inside a volcano, infact.

Without the Goron's Tunic on Link can only survive in said volcano for a minute or two. And it's been a while; what game did Ganondorf destroy an island?

ScreamPaste
in Wind Waker. Infact, he does it before he even gains his power back, as well as casts an endless night over the entire great sea.

ESB -1138
in Wind Waker. Infact, he does it before he even gains his power back, as well as casts an endless night over the entire great sea.

?? When ?? ((Sorry it's been forever since I played WW))

ScreamPaste
When you're gathering the pearls. When you go to find the third one, the island's destroye,d and Jabun is gone into hiding. Ganon has cast an endless night over the sea, which doesn't break until Link places all three pearls in the hands of the appropriate statues. This is before you pull the master sword from the pedestal and release the seal on Ganon's power.

The King of Red Lions tells you that Ganon ravaged the island, ect.
Ganon's also class 100+ in physical strength, but yeah. Link would never survive fighting Ganon if he weren't durable. It's simply not possible.

ESB -1138
When you're gathering the pearls. When you go to find the third one, the island's destroye,d and Jabun is gone into hiding. Ganon has cast an endless night over the sea, which doesn't break until Link places all three pearls in the hands of the appropriate statues. This is before you pull the master sword from the pedestal and release the seal on Ganon's power.

The King of Red Lions tells you that Ganon ravaged the island, ect.
Ganon's also class 100+ in physical strength, but yeah. Link would never survive fighting Ganon if he weren't durable. It's simply not possible.

Class 100+ ...okay. Any who I just watched said video where Link reached said island and it shows you nothing on how the island got destroyed. All that was said was that Ganon attacked the island; not came flying out of the sky and Hulked punched it. Just saying.

ScreamPaste
No one said he came flying out of the sky and hulk punched it. That would be lulz though.

We /do/ know he ruined it.

The class 100+ has nothing to do with the island.

Edit: **** me, I'm tired. Nothin's coming out right, so pardon me if my posts are sort of.. half baked thoughts.

Phantom Miria
Originally posted by LLLLLink
The simple people make me lol.

Simple people?

ScreamPaste
I resemble that remark. /Foghorn Leghorn.

LLLLLink
So far this whole thread has been nothing but a poor attempt to discredit a character's feats. Ever heard that the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence? If you have not played a Zelda game, then gtfo, because you wont be able to ride the Arbiter to victory on the fact that you are ignorant, plain and simple. stick out tongue

Ms.Marvel
absence of proof is actually proof of absence, unless proved otherwise. no expression in a debate i mean.

Phantom Miria
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
absence of proof is actually proof of absence, unless proved otherwise. no expression in a debate i mean.

No

So far this whole thread has been nothing but a poor attempt to discredit a character's feats. Ever heard that the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence? If you have not played a Zelda game, then gtfo, because you wont be able to ride the Arbiter to victory on the fact that you are ignorant, plain and simple. stick out tongue

What drove you to that conclusion?

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by Phantom Miria
No

absolutely. yes

Phantom Miria
How is absence of proof proof?

ScreamPaste
Damnit 5L. There *is* evidence, I'm just bad at posting it when it's like 6 am.

Anyway, now that I've had a chance to get ina few hours sleep, lemme try this shit again. Again, my apologies, I was extremely tired before.

Anyway, lemme lay out some of Link's feats for ESB since he's been gone for what, atleast a year?

For OoT specificly;
-Extreme physical strength, the blocks he pushes as an adult weigh in at a 152 tons if you assume 100 lbs/cubic foot density, which frankly is impossibly light.
-If he's allowed his gauntlets, his strength starts getting stupid. Really, really stupid.
-His reaction time is clearly quite impressive, as he can reflext Ganondorf's magical attacks with his sword, dodge majora's whips (each of which is moving well over the speed of sound), ect.
-He can detect invisible enemies by their shadows and by sound. In the Temple of Time he noticed Sheik without her ever making a sound.
-He's got to be insanely durable to just durvive his own strength, as well. Let alone fighting the likes of Ganon and Volvagia. Volvagia is stated to have been able to lay waste to all of hyrule if it escaped the volcano, and Ganon has destroyed islands, and is even physicly stronger than Link. In his Ganon form he disintegrates stone by hitting it. Furthermore, at the and of Majora's MAsk, the moon is destroyed by Majora's death throes, and Link is trapped at ground zero.. And he's fine. Let alone that with the Goron tunic he can withstand insane extremes of heat, walking in lava up to his knee without taking any damage.

Phantom Miria
That is my fault. I refused to get of.

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by Phantom Miria
How is absence of proof proof?

how is absence of proof proof of absence? because in a debate you have to back up every claim you make otherwise its unsubstantiated. for example i can claim that the arbiter can run at mach 3 and therefore would kill link before he can move... but if i cant prove it then it doesnt matter... as far as this debate is concerned, the arbiter simply can not move at mach 3.

Phantom Miria
That is not what the phrase is saying. You are misunderstanding it, or simply has chosen to give it your own touch.

You are saying that lack of proof is proof in itself that the character is incapable of X.

What the phrase actually says is that we know Link can not ***** slap a princess because we have never seen him do it. According to the phrase, that is proof that he can not do it, because we can not prove that he has ever done it or is even capable of it.

Perhaps a bad example. How about this? We can not prove that Master Chief is capable of playing video games. According to the phrase, that is proof that he is unable to play a video game.

Your words make sense, but do not mix it with that idiotic phrase, because it sucks unlike your logic.

Ms.Marvel
the phrase is actually correct but it but it isnt doesnt apply in debates, due to debates revolving around empirical evidence.

its the same reason why you cant really prove that god exists in a traditional debate...

ScreamPaste
Well actually, there are arguments to be made in favour, but I'll save that for another discussion.

But just keep in mind the universal constants.

Phantom Miria
You are missing my point. That phrase prove that Sam Fisher can not use a sniper rifle, because he never has. You can not prove he is able to do this, because there is no evidence to use for that.
You can only fall back on his Navy Seal training and that stuff, but it does not prove it, it just makes it likely.

ESB -1138
This is getting funny with the whole evidence, lacking, and proof thing. Any who...

-Extreme physical strength, the blocks he pushes as an adult weigh in at a 152 tons if you assume 100 lbs/cubic foot density, which frankly is impossibly light.

Where are you getting these numbers? 152 tons? The jews who built the pyramids were pushing blocks bigger then that.

-If he's allowed his gauntlets, his strength starts getting stupid. Really, really stupid.

Okay throwing a 20+ foot stone pillar I'll give ya.

-His reaction time is clearly quite impressive, as he can reflext Ganondorf's magical attacks with his sword, dodge majora's whips (each of which is moving well over the speed of sound), ect.

Speed of sound? Ganondorf's magical attacks and Majora's whips didn't even come closer to reaching that speed. I would like to see where you got that info.

-He can detect invisible enemies by their shadows and by sound. In the Temple of Time he noticed Sheik without her ever making a sound.

I'll have to look up that scene again but from what I remember (if it is correct...I'll look it up later) Shiek said something first.

-He's got to be insanely durable to just durvive his own strength, as well. Let alone fighting the likes of Ganon and Volvagia. Volvagia is stated to have been able to lay waste to all of hyrule if it escaped the volcano, and Ganon has destroyed islands, and is even physicly stronger than Link. In his Ganon form he disintegrates stone by hitting it. Furthermore, at the and of Majora's MAsk, the moon is destroyed by Majora's death throes, and Link is trapped at ground zero.. And he's fine. Let alone that with the Goron tunic he can withstand insane extremes of heat, walking in lava up to his knee without taking any damage.

Without the Goron Tunic Link can't survive being in a volcano. Not really a feat there. Even though he can walk through lava those little fire bats still hurt him when they ram into him. Plus not once did Link overpower Ganon in OoT with sheer strength. He dodged Ganon's attacks. Gameplay mech. allows Link to survive a blow from Ganon's giant sword.

And the moon isn't destroyed. It returns to orbit. And we never see how Ganon destroys an island. He could have used a bomb. Who knows. I agree it would have been funny to see Ganon coming flying out of the sky and Hulked punched it in half.

ScreamPaste
Volume x density.
EDIT: misread.
Majora's whips break the sound barrier with every crack, heck, a normal six foot bullwhip does. Majora's whips are insnaely long and amped by his power, much faster, and he has two of them, which Link has to deal with, in his weakest incarnation I might add.

So every Link ever has beaten Ganon without gettign touched? And I call gameplay mech on the firebats considering the temperatures you'd be exposed to inside the fire temple are beyond insane. Just coming within ten feet of relatively cool lava can melt heat resistant suits. Liquid lava like that inside an enclosed space with a ceiling? Everything there is hotter than fire.

And no, the gameplay guide confirms the moon is gone.

wammamram
well arbiter is very fast so, i'm pretty sure that on top of invisbility would be more than enought to take out link

LLLLLink
OMG. How can you guys take a concept so simple and make it complicated?

@Screampaste: Yes, there is proof. See the part where I said "Play a Zelda game"?
No "I'm sleepy" jons. smile

Also, why even mention invisibility when Link has the Lens of Truth? I didnt see that on the ban list.

wammamram
well then the arbiter can relay on his speed and agility.. so invisabilty isn't the only thing the arbiter can relay on

SpadeKing
Can the Arbiter RAGE!!!

?

ScreamPaste
Wamamramdamngambalam; Given the reaction feats I've outlined, the Arbiter literally has no advantage whatsoever.

LLLLLink
Heh, even Sakurai thought Link was at least able to dodge incoming laser fire.

Cyner
Heh, even Sakurai thought Link was at least able to dodge incoming laser fire.

Don't say his name three times or he'll nerf every character ever mentioned on this forum and then make all his characters destroy them.

LLLLLink
Like Bloody Mary?

ScreamPaste
Or Candle Ja

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Cyner
Don't say his name three times or he'll nerf every character ever mentioned on this forum and then make all his characters destroy them.

Sakurai

Sakurai

Sakurai

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! evil face evil face

ScreamPaste
Great, now King DeDeDe's gonna three stock Pyron. Thanks heaps.

LLLLLink
Lol, small-step chaingrab to death.

SpadeKing
According to the halo legends series the same arbiter that got stabbed in the face is capable of annhiliating an entire convenant army alone. (speaking of which pretty disappointing series, its like multiple different cartoonist made their own stuff up)

So which arbiter is this?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.