Captain America: Who Will Wield the Shield?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alpha Centauri
So, a five-part series that supposedly settles who is going to be Captain America (Steve, obviously).

Let's assume that Marvel really are considering handing the shield over.

Who would you rather be Captain America?

James Barnes or Steve Rogers?

-AC

Bouboumaster
I wish Barnes will be the one to wield it.

-Pr-
Steve.

Nihilist
How about some spoilers, i didnt even know Steve was back, talk about spoiling the enjoyment of comics..what a douche.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Nihilist
How about some spoilers, i didnt even know Steve was back, talk about spoiling the enjoyment of comics..what a douche.

Not only is that a lie, because I've seen you discussing Cap, but it's entirely different.

Besides, where did I say Steve was back? I simply asked who would wield the shield. It implies that he's COMING back, which we all knew, not that he is.

So, thanks for coming on the show and slipping up! God, I do love it when people try to catch me out and fail miserably, horribly and epically.

-AC

H. S. 6
It's gotta be Steve. It just... has to.

Bentley
Barnes all the way.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

not that he is.

If its not Steve Rogers thats been appearing in other series...........must be Batman then.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Kazenji
If its not Steve Rogers thats been appearing in other series...........must be Batman then.

He foiled his own attempt at catching me out.

It didn't work, because my post didn't contain spoilers, factually. I've proven so.

Anyway, he foiled himself by saying "Steve is back?". I never said it, and my post never suggested he was, just that he will be returning.

1) We all knew that.

2) If Nihilist "knew" Steve was back without my post saying so, he must have known anyway, so technically he was just being a douchebag, because I never spoiled anything.

Is there anyone else who wants to try, or can we discuss the topic?

-AC

Disappear
your post has very obvious implications to steve being back in a very present tense. the idea that "steve is back" is entirely reasonable to be deduced from what you said, regardless of your exact wording. just get someone to edit spoiler tabs into the original post, just in case.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Disappear
your post has very obvious implications to steve being back in a very present tense. the idea that "steve is back" is entirely reasonable to be deduced from what you said, regardless of your exact wording. just get someone to edit spoiler tabs into the original post, just in case.

No it doesn't, at all.

It implies Steve WILL be back. We all knew that. By your rationale, the thread title contains spoilers and it's just the name of the comic. All I'm doing is literally asking that question.

-AC

Rage.Of.Olympus
^It kind of does.

Rage.Of.Olympus

LOL!

laughing

Doctor-Alvis
I thought he was back too, based on the opening post. The "(Steve, obviously)" makes it sound like he's already back. I don't care though, which brings up the question why I even bothered reading the thread.

Alpha Centauri
Regardless of what it sounds like to YOU, the "Steve, obviously." does not objectively prove or spoil anything.

It doesn't say he is back.

I said it because the obvious choice is Steve, the original, when he returns. It doesn't imply that he's back nor does it explicitly say that he's back.

This whole thread is based around the fact that Steve Rogers was always coming back, and what would happen when he did.

So no, it doesn't spoil anything. The only thing being spoiled is the thread because people are so desperate to catch me out on any level.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
^It kind of does.

It actually doesn't, by fact.

I've explained how, multiple times. If you wish to just insist it does, then by all means do. Remain wrong. No skin off my nose.

I've already exposed the flaws in Nihilist's point.

-AC

Entity
I love Steve Rogers as cap but let comics grow and evolve. They've found a very successful way to bring a new cap that people started to love as much as Steve in less than 2 years. Some love him more already. Use this successful venture to expand the Captain America legacy and with it the entire Marvel comics universe could start to grow and evolve so we don't always have to fall back on the same characters, teams, ideas and stories we've all seen and read a thousand times before.

Bucky works as Cap. Go with it!

Nihilist

Besides, where did I say Steve was back? I simply asked who would wield the shield. It implies that he's COMING back, which we all knew, not that he is.
-AC Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
So, a five-part series that supposedly settles who is going to be Captain America (Steve, obviously).
-AC
Giving away anything without spoilers tags is bad, you spoil comics for people.

Blanket
Wow, thanks for ruining my enjoyment of not knowing if Steve was coming back or not. no expression

steverules_2
lulz people think AC's a douche dur Oh wait...they already did... sad

starlock
Steve Rogers.... thumb up

I liked Bucky better as winter soldier...Bucky is bland to me...not been interested at all in his exploits as Cap.

Alpha Centauri
Blanket, I will tell you like I've proven to everyone else:

I didn't spoil anything.

Secondly: "If Steve was coming back or not."? He was ALWAYS gonna come back, the second he died, he was obviously gonna return.

That's like saying it would be a spoiler to say: "Superman will be back.", when Doomsday killed him.

It's obvious that Cap is coming back. If you ever thought that he wasn't, you're being stupid.

Giving away anything without spoilers tags is bad, you spoil comics for people.

Where did I say "He's back."?

I never did. "Steve, obviously." was a reference to the obvious fact that WHEN he returns, which we all already knew was coming, he will become Captain America.

It is plainly obvious, whether he is back or not, that Marvel will make him Cap again. So me saying "Steve, obviously." does not suggest nor spoil anything. It simply states what we all already knew as comics fans:

1) That he's coming back eventually.

2) That Marvel will make him Cap.

So, if you have no legitimate counter to the factual points that are currently tearing your liar's argument apart, sit at the kiddy table and zip it. This desire you have to somehow catch me out is failing, and I've legitimately proven so with logic and fact.

Continue letting your bitterness toward me to allow you to ruin this thread and I'll simply report you.

Facts; bring them or be quiet.

-AC

Blanket
Your whole OP makes it sound like Cap is already back, or will be back in time for this mini.

And being stupid? When Mar-Vell comes back I'll be 'being stupid'.

BTW, how can you 'prove' you didn't spoil it for me, when your whole post indicates you did? It even reinforces it. confused

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Blanket
Your whole OP makes it sound like Cap is already back, or will be back in time for this mini.

And being stupid? When Mar-Vell comes back I'll be 'being stupid'.

BTW, how can you 'prove' you didn't spoil it for me, when your whole post indicates you did? It even reinforces it. confused

No it doesn't.

You and Nihilist have decided to say that I did in an attempt to catch me out for something I regularly speak out against, you've failed. Miserably.

I know for a FACT Nihilist is lying, and I know you are too. Why?

Because my post doesn't say that he's back. My post indicates he WILL be back, eventually, and that when he does then Marvel will obviously make him Cap. If you consider that a spoiler, then you must consider my Superman example a spoiler. It wasn't though, because everybody who read comics KNEW Superman would be back. Bruce Wayne will be back, Cap will be back.

We all knew that. So stop acting like you honestly got it spoiled for you. The more you try it, the more I logically tear your meager points to shreds. I am not saying how or when, I'm simply saying he will be, and asking who people think should be Cap. You assume, incorrectly, that the "Steve, obviously." was in reference to the series. It wasn't, because whilst Steve will obviously become Cap again at some point, it's very possibly it won't happen in the mini.

It was an overall reference, not a spoiler of the mini. To further clear me of any accusations, I once called someone out for spoiling Captain America: Reborn. They said: "You know he's coming back, it's in the title.". True, but my issue was not what had been revealed in the title. My issue was that said person revealed detailed plot spoilers.

I have not done so. Some comic titles contain spoilers, nobody can avoid that (Like Reborn), but it's detailed plot devices and conclusions that should be avoided. I'm not giving away details, nor conclusion of the mini. I'm simply saying that Steve will eventually be back and be back as Cap. Many have said this all over the forum. It's not a spoiler. Spoilers would be saying HOW.

Thanks for playing. Reported for intentional trolling despite my clarifications.

-AC

Blanket
tbh, I only read the first two or three lines (all I read as a whole) before I realized that I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't know that you regularly speak out against something (spoilers I presume by what my post said) because I haven't seen you do so. And to be honest, I don't give a shit about what you and nihilus have against each other.

I came into this thread expecting to see it talk about a possible mini, and not overly assume Steve will be being the predominant Cap... nevermind some of the posts I read.

steverules_2
Tbh with this story and the fact that cap wasn't dead but like...well something weird, I kinda assumed as soon as I saw this thread that Steve would be returning and I want him to return since he is the real Capt. America smile This is Marvels answer to battle for the cowl or whatever it was called that DC did

Blanket
Originally posted by steverules_2
Tbh with this story and the fact that cap wasn't dead but like...well something weird no expression

Alpha Centauri
tbh, I only read the first two or three lines (all I read as a whole) before I realized that I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't know that you regularly speak out against something (spoilers I presume by what my post said) because I haven't seen you do so. And to be honest, I don't give a shit about what you and nihilus have against each other.

I came into this thread expecting to see it talk about a possible mini, and not overly assume Steve will be being the predominant Cap... nevermind some of the posts I read.

It's not a spoiler to say: "Steve will be the predominant Cap.", at all. For a few reasons:

1) I don't FACTUALLY know that will happen. It's just a very safe assumption.

2) Again, my Superman example. Saying: "Superman will return.", is not a spoiler. Everyone knew he wasn't staying dead, just like you knew Steve wasn't going to stay dead. If I had said HOW he was coming back, or that he WAS back, then fine. I didn't, though. Nihilist did, so blame him.

So can you honestly shut up about something I haven't even done and contribute to the topic? There are no spoilers here. Well, there are now, thanks to Nihilist.

-AC

steverules_2
no expression

Would you prefer I said somewhere weird wink

Blanket
It's not a spoiler to say: "Steve will be the predominant Cap.", at all. For a few reasons:

1) I don't FACTUALLY know that will happen. It's just a very safe assumption.

2) Again, my Superman example. Saying: "Superman will return.", is not a spoiler. Everyone knew he wasn't staying dead, just like you knew Steve wasn't going to stay dead. If I had said HOW he was coming back, or that he WAS back, then fine. I didn't, though. Nihilist did, so blame him.

So can you honestly shut up about something I haven't even done and contribute to the topic? There are no spoilers here. Well, there are now, thanks to Nihilist.

-AC The Superman example is flawed since it's 18 years old... The first time it came out, I bet mindsets were not geared towards that.

I don't know how you take back a spoiler, but sure thing (especially after I read the last post I quoted).

Thank you for insulting me though.

Well, I pretty much gained all the info here to come up with what you said in your opening post...

Digi
Posting the name of a story arc isn't a spoiler. That what Marvel is telling you up front. Nor is saying "cap's coming back" a spoiler, especially when we don't know for sure. Guesses and educated guesses do not constitute spoilers, they're opinions.

Tbh, I really don't know why we have to whine about what is and isn't a spoiler. Judging by the reactions of people since I instituted the spoiler rules, most people don't honestly care that some small details may have been revealed to them, but are more interested in simply calling people out. Reading the OP won't ruin the arc for anyone...it's only in those instances that it will that action needs to be taken in the form of spoiler tags.

So Blanket, AC, Nihilist, be quiet. Because right now the only warnable offense I'm seeing is needless attacks.

Alpha Centauri
I created a thread for discussion and it's been plagued by people who simply wanted to start trouble over something I didn't do anyway, Digi. The spoiler rules are fine, if people don't care, you've given them the option to read the tags whilst protecting those who don't wanna know.

If Blanket wants to moan, he should ***** at Nihilist. He's the only one in this thread who has explicitly stated that which he didn't want to know.

-AC

Blanket
Thank you Digi for clearing things up. smile

Alpha Centauri
I said everything he did, why didn't you just listen?

Honestly, if I had the guns, to quote Bill the Butcher.

-AC

kgkg
Steve, obviously

Blanket
You've adressed me two times after Digi told you to be quiet. erm

Anyway, since I think I know all the info I need to know (thanks Steve...), like I said, I pretty much have to agree that Cap is still going to refer to Steve at all times.

Disappear
make steve the winter soldier and keep bucky as cap. just have pym whip up another brand new shield, this one for steve.

Doctor-Alvis
Regardless of what it sounds like to YOU
It saddens me to know that you don't think my word carries as many factalorians as yours does.

Also, I don't think they should bring him back. Aside from the sometimes comical generation gap, I never found him that interesting.

Bentley
So Bucky is cap, I assume after Siege we must find out what Steve is going to be

Alpha Centauri
Bentley, I just hope they keep it up.

Although Reborn being late has really f*cked up shit. Well, not really, but it's confused certain things. We've seen Steve as Cap in New Avengers, so what's the deal? When is this set? Is this set before then, after then? I suppose Siege will clear all this up. We already know the original version of The Avengers will be reformed for Siege at the very least, so Steve is obviously going to don the uniform. Who knows?

Either way, I hope they stick with what you said Bentley.

I thought it was five-parts, but it's a one-shot. Even better.

-AC

Badabing
Why is Captain America Reborn slightly behind the times of everything else in Marvel?

Entity
Anyone with common sense realised since word first came out that Steve Rogers was going to die that he'd be back. If you actually didn't then your jus an idiot or have never really payed any attention to comics at all. The very first time the notion that Steve Rogers was going to be killed came about a guy I work with said he would really be dead for good and thats exactly what I called him. An IDIOT!

People that are crying spoiler right now are jus complaining for argumentative sake!

I mean really I dare anyone to honestly say right now that they for one moment actually thought Steve would never be back!

Alpha Centauri
It was dealt with, let it go.

Bada: The series is just late, that's all. It's an incredible series, it's just criminally late and that's causing a bit of confusion.

-AC

Badabing
It was dealt with, let it go.

Bada: The series is just late, that's all. It's an incredible series, it's just criminally late and that's causing a bit of confusion.

-AC Thanks. I wasn't sure if I had missed something. Agreed that the series is is good.

H. S. 6
I haven't been reading Captain America: Reborn, but oddly enough, seeing the ending spoiled in other comics makes me want to catch up on Reborn. Plus, I've heard it's a stellar mini-series (so far, and apart from it being spoiled).

Alpha Centauri
It is.

At first I was more appreciative of the dialogue, but not necessarily the plot. This was definitely soured by the lateness of the series; it didn't seem like something to get excited for every month.

Toward the end it really started picking up severe pace (Still one issue to go).

Also, considering that the tagline for this one-shot is: "The stunning aftermath of Captain America: Reborn." (Reborn was meant to be over by now), I'd say that placing it at the end of all six issues in a trade paperback would be a good movie from Marvel, and definitely something to pick up.

-AC

outavodka
It is.

At first I was more appreciative of the dialogue, but not necessarily the plot. This was definitely soured by the lateness of the series; it didn't seem like something to get excited for every month.

Toward the end it really started picking up severe pace (Still one issue to go).

Also, considering that the tagline for this one-shot is: "The stunning aftermath of Captain America: Reborn." (Reborn was meant to be over by now), I'd say that placing it at the end of all six issues in a trade paperback would be a good movie from Marvel, and definitely something to pick up.

-AC which is why i was confused for a while. j ust seemed real out of place for the reborn not to be done and i spot steve in two of my new comics like its all gravy.lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.