Superman and Wonder Woman vs Thor and Hercules (Tug of War)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
They pull on an unbreakable rope, standing on indestructible terrain.

Which side wins?

Sasaraixx
Clark and Diana

iceman24567
Thor and Herc

KingD19
The 2 princes.

rotiart
Thor and Hercules are pulling when suddenly the entire rope goes entirely o superman and wonderwomans side

Both are flying and are disqualified by panel judges whobaccuse superman of flying and using superspeed to win.

Superdickery gives marvel the win.

Rage.Of.Olympus
No flying involved? Team 2 all day.

tideoftime
Generally a tie. Circumstances may side one team over the other. The balance of physical power is essentially equal, as Diana is classically as strong as Hercules, and Superman and Thor are in the same class in direct strength vs. strength (though Supes can apply his strength in ways Thor can't readily, but that doesn't apply here).

Sasaraixx
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
No flying involved? Team 2 all day.

Hardly.

Even in the worst case scenario, Diana = Herc, Superman is still a little stronger than Thor. Team 1 still wins.

iceman24567
Diana = Herc not so much all are stronger than Diana

Sasaraixx
The gods would disagree.

iceman24567
The gods are stupid then no expression

tideoftime
Originally posted by iceman24567

? Diana has demonstrated consistantly, in multiple comic "re-interpretations" over the decades, as being "as strong as Hercules", and certainly over the past decade or so as being nearly as strong as Superman, to the extent that they can be functionally considered equals in terms of raw strength/power under normal circumstances (as Supes himself acknowledged in "The Circle" and in stories after that). While not wanting to get down to the nitty-gritty of who can exactly lift "x" weight, Diana=Hercules, in general strength, and Supes and Thor are more or less equal (any "god-power" advantage Thor may have, contextually, not readily applying in a scenario like this one). Like I said, a tie, assuming no "cheating" occurs (flight, power-counter attacks, et al).

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Sasaraixx
Hardly.

Even in the worst case scenario, Diana = Herc, Superman is still a little stronger than Thor. Team 1 still wins.

Not really. I'm assuming this is Hercules at the level that his equal to Thor. Meaning I'd rank them as....

Superman = Thor =/> Hercules > Diana

But that depends on how you view their fights. Does Thor get dragged down to Hercules' level or does Hercules get dragged up to Thor's level?

h1a8
I view Diana as being stronger than Hercules. In her exact power description by D.C. she is blessed with strength greater than that of Hercules.

Now some may say the the greek Hercules is not the same as the Hercules of Marvel or the Hercules that CM is based off of. Well I can't speak for the former the certainly CM is indeed based off the greek Hercules. Otherwise, why would D.C. show the actual greek Hercules when CM obtains his power, and why would D.C. use the name Hercules for CM's strength power instead another name (like the one BA uses)?

As for the former (Marvel Hercules) we can only use feats to determine who is stronger. So based off one of Diana's greatest feats, I calculated her to exert the force of the weight of the Earth.

iceman24567

I agree

xJLxKing
Superman>Thor=>Herc>WW
BUT
Superman+WW<Herc+Thor

h1a8

Superman>Diana>Hercules =/>Thor

iceman24567
Originally posted by h1a8
Superman>Diana>Hercules =/>Thor You won't ever stop this i know. I bet you couldn't prove this though no expression

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Superman>Thor

Thor > Superman

Both have the strength feats to match either, and both are so close stating one is stronger than the other might as well depend on who you like more so yea, I might as well take that stance.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Completely baseless.

By the way, Thor has the feats to match each of Superman's.

Oh my god, Superman moved a planet with help! ohno

Thor and Hercules were generating enough force to move the planet out of orbit while arm wrestling.....

-Pr-
Completely baseless.

Thor and Hercules were generating enough force to move the planet out of orbit while arm wrestling.....

you're baseless! uhuh

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by -Pr-
you're baseless! uhuh

Shouldn't you be somewhere getting your ass handed to you by carver? You know, the REAL Superman fan.

-Pr-
Shouldn't you be somewhere getting your ass handed to you by carver? You know, the REAL Superman fan.

just wait til he starts reading thor.

iceman24567
Shouldn't you be somewhere getting your ass handed to you by carver? You know, the REAL Superman fan. laughing

Rage.Of.Olympus

Well apparently his a big fan of Thor already....

no expression

h1a8
Thor > Superman

Both have the strength feats to match either, and both are so close stating one is stronger than the other might as well depend on who you like more so yea, I might as well take that stance.
According to best feats,
Thor maxes out in the mid to high hundreds of millions of tons. Superman exceeded 50 earth weights of force several times.

Completely baseless.

Thor and Hercules were generating enough force to move the planet out of orbit while arm wrestling..... The Thor Herc feat was not part of the canon. It was for fun. Also Thor and Herc took many hours to move the Earth out of orbit. That means they were exerting a much smaller force than the weight of the planet (the acceleration was small). And since it was 2 of them then each was exerting half of that force.

-Pr-
Well apparently his a big fan of Thor already....

no expression

my condolences.

Mindship
Diana winks, Herc gets distracted, team 1 wins. Otherwise: stalemate.

xJLxKing
For some reason, I couldn't stop laughing for a few minutes after I read this

Philosophía
Superman tells Diana to go to Thor/Hercules' side to make it fair.

Warlord
thor herc

namorsubby
Originally posted by Sasaraixx
Clark and Diana diana's not far behind.......and IMO's superman's strong enough to compensate.

Sasaraixx
The gods are stupid then no expression

Careful. One of them might turn you into a snake headed women. That's how they roll. no expression

Rage.Of.Olympus
According to best feats,
Thor maxes out in the mid to high hundreds of millions of tons. Superman exceeded 50 earth weights of force several times.

Not really. Thor has the feats to match Superman.

Seeing as how Thor shrugged off the weight/force of half the planet on top of him, making it one of the most impressive quantifiable feats out there, I highly doubt so.

When was this?

The Thor Herc feat was not part of the canon. It was for fun.

Where was this stated? As far as I know it has not, so in that case stop coming up with your own bullshit and passing it off as fact anytime someone brings up a Thor feat that messes with your illogically perceived limit to Thor's strength.

Also Thor and Herc took many hours to move the Earth out of orbit. That means they were exerting a much smaller force than the weight of the planet (the acceleration was small). And since it was 2 of them then each was exerting half of that force.

Where does it state it they were wrestling for many hours? They were only wrestling for moments. It stated that because they are immortal the stalemate can go on for hours, days, years, decades, centuries etc.

They never did so.

Not really.

You have no problem bringing up Superman moving the planet, and his never moved a planetary body alone, ever, and you're complaining about me bringing this up?

celeyhyga17
I go with Superman > Thor = Hercules > Wonder Woman. Ok now for all you Wondy die hards, calm down before you throw a tantrum. The differences are marginal so they all still belong in the same class. When I say Superman > Thor, it's not substantial in a way that he is cearly and very much superior to him. That goes for Thor > Wonder Woman as well. With that said, I'm gonna go with a stalemate. The combinations given here lead me to believe that this will be more of an endurance battle. I don't think one group is so much stronger than the other that there would be an early winner in this contest. I think it depends on which group will tire faster. That's usually the case in a tug of war anyway.

Spire
Eleven.

faishun96
the gods

kgkg

Blanket
The rope and the terrain break. The rope somehow still kills Wonder Woman

iceman24567
Originally posted by Blanket
The rope and the terrain break. The rope somehow still kills Wonder Woman Does it remove her breastplate too?

Juntai

Blanket
Does it remove her breastplate too? It cuts off her fat.

Juntai

Thor and Hercules were generating enough force to move the planet out of orbit while arm wrestling..... Moving a planet is far different than shaking the axis enough to rock it out of it's natural orbit.

Like a car getting stuck in snow, and people pushing trying to rock it till it gets traction and can go versus lifting it up and carrying it back to the road.

iceman24567
It cuts off her fat. Hawt

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Juntai
Moving a planet is far different than shaking the axis enough to rock it out of it's natural orbit.

Like a car getting stuck in snow, and people pushing trying to rock it till it gets traction and can go versus lifting it up and carrying it back to the road.

Eh? It was stated that they were literally generating enough force to literally knock the planet out of orbit. I.e they were generating enough force to literally move the planet out of it's orbit etc.

Now, I'm no expert on planet moving, but I thought the most impressive shtick of planet moving, was moving the planet out of it's orbit or something akin to that in regards to gravitational effects?

Blanket
Originally posted by Juntai
Moving a planet is far different than shaking the axis enough to rock it out of it's natural orbit.

Like a car getting stuck in snow, and people pushing trying to rock it till it gets traction and can go versus lifting it up and carrying it back to the road. Nobody can lift up a car. That comparison fails.

Juntai
Nobody can lift up a car. That comparison fails. A couple people can. smile

Juntai
Eh? It was stated that they were literally generating enough force to literally knock the planet out of orbit. I.e they were generating enough force to literally move the planet out of it's orbit etc.

Now, I'm no expert on planet moving, but I thought the most impressive shtick of planet moving, was moving the planet out of it's orbit or something akin to that in regards to gravitational effects? When the axis is tipped off kilter, the planet will naturally spin off of orbit.
Not the same as saying, pulling a planet against the gravity of the sun or something.

h1a8

Where was this stated? As far as I know it has not, so in that case stop coming up with your own bullshit and passing it off as fact anytime someone brings up a Thor feat that messes with your illogically perceived limit to Thor's strength.
You must defeat all evidence to destroy the argument. Defeating only one doesn't make the argument invalid. I argued other points about this feat as well. It is clear that they were struggling for a mightly long time. Hours is just a good guess since they both have incredible stamina and based of the narration. No I'm not complaining, except for the exaggerated fun factor not included in the original story. It is fair to bring it up as long as you know that Superman supplying even 1/3 of the force of the pulling still was greater than 50 Earth weights of force as my calculation shows. Imagine a force smaller than the weight of 1 Earth. Thor was supplying only half of that.

Animerican
superman once pulled a solar system to the other side of the galaxy.
superman and diana would win if it was vs thors dad and zeus with supermans strength alone.

Animerican
also superman is so fake that if he lost he could fly to the past and help hiself win the match.

BattleMage
It would be a very long match, But team 2 should end up pulling off a victory here. This seems to be Hercules type of game.

Animerican
superman would win because he is superman. even if diana mentrated all over the ground and rope to raise the stakes.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Animerican
superman once pulled a solar system to the other side of the galaxy.
superman and diana would win if it was vs thors dad and zeus with supermans strength alone.

Are you using pre-crisis feats?

Q99

I'll note there's a couple sources, one of which is the Spectre, that says Diana is the second strongest being on earth behind Superman.

She's matched strength with Captain Marvel on occasion, who has the strength of Hercules, and of course, Hercules himself. So I'd say Diana being able to match Herc is fairly a given.

D-Block
Thor and Hercules

D-Block
Not really. Thor has the feats to match Superman.

Seeing as how Thor shrugged off the weight/force of half the planet on top of him, making it one of the most impressive quantifiable feats out there, I highly doubt so.

When was this?

Where does it state it they were wrestling for many hours? They were only wrestling for moments. It stated that because they are immortal the stalemate can go on for hours, days, years, decades, centuries etc.

They never did so.

Not really.

You have no problem bringing up Superman moving the planet, and his never moved a planetary body alone, ever, and you're complaining about me bringing this up?

And Thor and Herc was not even trying to move the planet that's why it's so impressive.

D-Block
Originally posted by Q99
I'll note there's a couple sources, one of which is the Spectre, that says Diana is the second strongest being on earth behind Superman.

She's matched strength with Captain Marvel on occasion, who has the strength of Hercules, and of course, Hercules himself. So I'd say Diana being able to match Herc is fairly a given.

Captain Marvel is Supermans equal and he can stack powers.

snoopdogg

manx422
Superman>Diana>Hercules =/>Thor thumb up

JakeTheBank

....no.

celeyhyga17
Strength wise...

Supes > Thor = Herc > wondy
------barely----------barely

Silent Master
Originally posted by Q99

What does Wonder Woman matching DC Hercules in strength have to do with Marvel Herc?

namorsubby
herc and thor are barely stronger than wonder woman.......if at all.

Warlord
Originally posted by namorsubby
herc and thor are barely stronger than wonder woman.......if at all.

I agree there is not a great distance strength wise. Do you think she's stronger than them?
do you list superman as way stronger?

Colossus-Big C
the arm wrestling moving earth feat is even more impressive bacause it was only the strenght of 1 arm of each person. supes used all the muscles in his body with help....

SoulDevourer
the 2 gods, or stalemate

quanchi112
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Strength wise...

Supes > Thor = Herc > wondy
------barely----------barely Agreed.

manx422
Superman and Wonder Woman

Kasper Gutman
Quote: "superman and diana would win if it was vs thors dad and zeus with supermans strength alone."

You don't really believe that do you Animerican?

Zeus or Odin could instantly amp themselves way beyond anyone in this thread. If some herald level type with monster strength could just walk up to a skyfather and over-power him with strength alone you wouldn't see them rule pantheons for thousands of years they'd be dropping like flies. Of course Odin is in limbo/void right now and Zeus hasn't hit puberty yet but that's neither here nor there smile.

Kasper Gutman
If we can kind a agree that this is a fairly close match. Wouldn't the fact that Superman being mortal and subject to fatigue that the other demi-gods and god here don't have to deal with make him the weak link if this tug-o-war lasted for weeks/months. Ooooh. For example, could Superman temporarily take over Atlas' burden...yes. Could he hold it up for multiple years...no.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Kasper Gutman
If we can kind a agree that this is a fairly close match. Wouldn't the fact that Superman being mortal and subject to fatigue that the other demi-gods and god here don't have to deal with make him the weak link if this tug-o-war lasted for weeks/months. Ooooh. For example, could Superman temporarily take over Atlas' burden...yes. Could he hold it up for multiple years...no.

Unless Superman is constantly exposed to fresh sunlight, I'd imagine his reserves would falter before Thor and Hercules would.

Batman-Prime
Superman should be >= Thor
WW >= Hercules
Thor >= Hercules

sneer

Team 1 wins, but it aint easy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.