Howgarts wizards versus Sidious and the Jedi Order...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
OK, check this out:

All of the upper level Hogwarts wizards plan to invade the Jedi Temple, overtake it by any means necessary. They can either kill or incapacitate the Jedi, it's up to the wizard. The Jedi are unaware of the attack until it happens.

The wizards: Voldemort, his Death Eaters, Dumbledore and the entire Hogwarts staff, The Order of the Phoenix, Harry, and any other extremely gifted Hogwarts students.

The Jedi defending the temple include every Jedi Knight/Master from ROTS. No Padawans or younglings. We can even include ones not shown but mentioned, like Quinlan Vos.

Before the battle begins, Sidious confronts Anakin in a locked room and tells him the bullshit about being able to save Padme. As Anakin mulls this over, the battle begins. Yoda enters the room and engages Sidious in lightsaber combat. Does Anakin turn and help Sidious against Yoda, or does he stay Jedi and rush to help his Jedi comrades?

Let's do two scenarios:

1. Anakin turns Sith and helps Sidious against Yoda, in this scenario, Mace Windu comes in to help Yoda.

2. Anakin stays Jedi, rushes to help the Jedi, leaving Yoda and Sidious to fight one on one.

And who wins the battle? Bear in mind that the Clone troopers are spread out across the galaxy, and cannot help here.

The Hogwarts wizards can use any spell they know, and have the potions/gadgets shown in the HP movies.

Sadako of Girth
Spite thread.

Rogue Jedi
How so? The Jedi outnumber the Wizards, dude. And Sidious is in the mix. There are actually three potential winners here. the Jedi, the Wizards, or the Sith.

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
How so?

Because you gimped the Jedi by taking Yoda, and possibly Mace and Anakin(three of the strongest Jedi) away from the get go.

That's why, Spiteman.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
Because you gimped the Jedi by taking away Yoda, and possibly Mace and Anakin(three of the strongest Jedi) away from the get go.

That's why, Spiteman. I honestly didnt see that, good point.

OK, same scenario, the wizards invade, Yoda, Mace and Anakin are in the mix. Sidious? He's watching from afar, waiting to decide who to join. Better?

Robtard
I honestly didnt see that, good point.

OK, same scenario, the wizards invade, Yoda, Mace and Anakin are in the mix. Sidious? He's watching from afar, waiting to decide who to join. Better?

Jedi rape.

Rogue Jedi
See this is where you explain why.

Sadako of Girth
Also its "Hogwarts".

Not "Howgarts".

Still you dont read/watch for the spelling, do you..?

Wassup....in a hurry to get your spite thread out there, were we..?

Rogue Jedi
haermm Oops?

Sadako of Girth
Yeah. Oooops. no expression

Rogue Jedi
So yeah, how about the fight?

Nephthys
Apparition is off the table. Precognition will have the jedi already knowing where they are before they even appear. Likewise the jedi will be easily avoiding the projectile spells of the wizards becuase of this. The problem with the jedi is that they don't allow offensive use of the Force, or a least aren't very well versed in its use. So most of them would need to get close to be effective. While difficult, this isn't impossible given how fast jedi can be. For reference, see TPM with Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon as well as several canon sources that state that the jedi in the movies where in fact moving much faster than depicted but where slowed down for the audience and cost reasons.

Luckily, scenario 1 has Windu and Anakin in, who are two jedi who actually do use the force offensively. Windu can cave in the chests of just about any opponent he meets with Force Crush, which he has in the past used on Grievous' durasteel body (that's why he coughs a lot). But I can see why that might not be able to be used. Bottom line though? Anakin cuts a bloody swath with Force Scream, an omni-directional sonic based attack that he's displayed both on screen and in canon sources. And no RJ, the wizards cannot block at the speed of sound. The rest fall to the combined might of the rest of the order.
Scenario 2 is easier becuase of Sidious (particularly EU Sids whose FLightning can disintegrate flesh and once mind-raped a good portion of Coruscant (yes, the entire planet) fairly casually) who is a impeccable fighter who is extremely skilled in offensive Force use. The Wizards fall just that little bit sooner.

Also, Quinlan Vos actually was in he movies RJ. He can distinctly be seen in The Phantom Menace on Tattooine in the background when the cast is walking on one of the streets. For some reason he doesn't notice Qui-Gon though.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Nephthys
Apparition is off the table. Precognition will have the jedi already knowing where they are before they even appear. Likewise the jedi will be easily avoiding the projectile spells of the wizards becuase of this. The problem with the jedi is that they don't allow offensive use of the Force, or a least aren't very well versed in its use. So most of them would need to get close to be effective. While difficult, this isn't impossible given how fast jedi can be.

Luckily, scenario 1 has Windu and Anakin in, who are two jedi who actually do use the force offensively. Windu can cave in the chests of just about any opponent he meets with Force Crush, which he has in the past used on Grievous' durasteel body (that's why he coughs a lot). But I can see why that might not be able to be used. Bottom line though? Anakin cuts a bloody swath with Force Scream, an omni-directional sonic based attack that he's displayed both on screen and in canon sources. And no RJ, the wizards cannot block at the speed of sound. The rest fall to th ecombined might of the rest of the order.
Scenario 2 is easier becuase of Sidious (particularly EU Sids whose FLightning can disintegrate flesh and once mind-raped a good portion of Coruscant (yes, the entire planet) fairly casually) who is a impeccable fighter who is extremely skilled in offensive Force use. The Wizards fall just that little bit sooner.

Also, Quinlan Vos actually was in he movies RJ. He can distinctly be seen in The Phantom Menace on Tattooine in the background when the cast is walking on one of the streets. For some reason he doesn't notice Qui-Gon though.

Apparating will be a valuable tool, especially half apparating, because the Jedi precog has been shown time and time again to be infallible. The wizard can also use the confundus charm/spell, or darkening powder, throwing the entire room into darkness.

Force scream is a no go, thats a Vader feat.

Dude, force crush? ROTS feats only, I was clear on ROTS Jedi only.

No EU bullshit.

Vos was never shown in ROTS.

Get ready for it......here it comes........Ready?

Fiendfyre.

Nephthys
I'm sure it will for the two people who've used it. But no, its element of surprise effect is useless.

Not really. Give a scenario.

I think you mean fallible but whatever, precog is at least enough to tell where everyone is, it only gets overwhelmed when your trying to predict the paths of around 8-10 blaster bolts at a time, a threat the size of Voldemort or Dumbledore is not going to be missed if its going to appear right in front of you. Not to mention that jedi precog was being weakened throughout the movies by Sidious darkening the Force. So in scenario 2 at least it will be alot stronger.

Shown in film? By whom?

Wouldn't have any effect, Jedi can fight blindfolded as you've been told before. Also about your thoery that they'd be 'put off', Jedi don't actually use their eyes for the fighting most of the time. Considering they fight by waving a highly focused light right in front of their faces, that would be a little counter-productive.

Anakin has used it before he became Darth Vader and there is the point that he wasn't shown or in a position to be taught it after becoming Vader, so logic dictates that he would have had it before that time. Unless you're saying no as the thread-starter?

Fine.

EU is not bullshit. I'll accept that the feats cannot be shown (which was why I put them in brakets, so as not to be actually seriously be trying to use them), but the stuff that supports on-screen feats such as speed, mentality etc. That I'm using. It doesn't contradict the facts on screen in any way.

I never said he was.

Force Speed. If Voldemort or Dumbledore triy to use that long ass spell then someones going to feel it, run up to him and stab him in the face, or precog it and stab him, or snap his neck, or crush his head.

Sadako of Girth
And force crush IS a ROTS feat. Anakin was grabbing and crush Padme's throat, If I remember rightly...

BruceSkywalker
Sidious and Jedi stomp

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
And force crush IS a ROTS feat. Anakin was grabbing and crush Padme's throat, If I remember rightly... Force choke, and Anakin can only force "choke" one wizard at a time. Never saw Anakin literally "crushing" anything with the force, nor any other Jedi in ROTS.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Sidious and Jedi stomp roll eyes (sarcastic) Yeah not really.

Rogue Jedi
I'm sure it will for the two people who've used it. But no, its element of surprise effect is useless.The two people? Dude, all the death eaters can do it, the entire OOTP can do it, Voldy and Dumbles can do it, where have you been? And it's not useless, get off that. The wizards that can do it will be all over the place, everywhere at once, jumping around like Nightcrawler in the oval office.

Death eaters half apparating around wreaking havoc, casting spells as they go, you know, pretty much obliterating everything in their path.

And where was Lukes precog when Palpy zapped him? Where was Palpys when Vader tossed him? Where was it when Mace got pwned?

Hermione, THBP.

Just saying, it certainly wouldn't help matters.

I am saying that Vader is not in this thread. I am saying that the force scream is a Vader feat. Also it would probably take out several Jedi as well.

Good.

No, I love the EU too, it's just that it is not allowed here. All we can use is what is shown onscreen, that's the new rule Impediment imposed.

You said he was shown in TPM, I was merely saying that this thread is about ROTS, nevermind.

Voldemort can camp out on the roof of the Temple, casting the spell far out of reach of the Jedi. If he was on the ground, and a Jedi came at him, he simply apparates away and repeats the spell.

There is no escaping the fiendfyre, man. The few Jedi that TK it away from them, IF they can, will be death spelled. Voldemort controls the fiendfyre as if it were an extension of him, as does Dumbles, doubtful that TTK will affect it. The wizards can do much more than the Jedi, there's no use trying to figure on a Jedi victory here.

Alpha Centauri
See, someone says "Sith and Jedi stomp.", you say "Yeah, not really.".

If you have already decided the outcome and, even more fanboyistically, how it will happen, then what is the point of these threads?

Once again it seems that you've just watched Harry Potter again and you're eager for a thread in which the characters win.

If you thought about threads BEFORE making them, you wouldn't be in this mess. I tried to suggest that to you so many times, but you never listen. Are alarm bells not ringing, RJ? Is the fact that this happens ALL the time not putting a red light on for you?

-AC

Sadako of Girth
Force choke, and Anakin can only force "choke" one wizard at a time. Never saw Anakin literally "crushing" anything with the force, nor any other Jedi in ROTS.

YOU never saw that..
The larynx force crush for the win.

When you strangle someone, (Before sexually assaulting the body and burying them, in your case, most likely) is the action constrictive/squeezing/crushing...? or is it expanding the neck, encouraging it it to grow outwards...? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Rogue Jedi
YOU never saw that..
The larynx force crush for the win.

When you strangle someone, (Before sexually assaulting the body and burying them, in your case, most likely) is the action constrictive/squeezing/crushing...? or is it expanding the neck, encouraging it it to grow outwards...? roll eyes (sarcastic) It's a form of TK, like grabbing an object and pulling it to you, centered on the larynx. It's force choke, not force crush. Force pull, crush and choke are all just TK. Force choke is what Anakin did. Why? Because he choked her.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
See, someone says "Sith and Jedi stomp.", you say "Yeah, not really.".

If you have already decided the outcome and, even more fanboyistically, how it will happen, then what is the point of these threads?

Once again it seems that you've just watched Harry Potter again and you're eager for a thread in which the characters win.

If you thought about threads BEFORE making them, you wouldn't be in this mess. I tried to suggest that to you so many times, but you never listen. Are alarm bells not ringing, RJ? Is the fact that this happens ALL the time not putting a red light on for you?

-AC

Because Sidious isn't in the fight, not until he decides which side to join.

Buh bye now.

Ms.Marvel
anakin effortlessly crushed a droid and several steel automatons just by being emo at the end of rots.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
anakin effortlessly crushed a droid and several steel automatons just by being emo at the end of rots. That was Vader.

Rogue Jedi

-AC

Same as what happened here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=522206&pagenumber=1

Originally posted by Impediment
Palpatine uses the Force to grab Harry's wand. Force Lightning.

/thread.

On the first page. But hey, I dont see you questioning that, do I? Of course not, because it's not I that said it.

Ms.Marvel
anakin is vader. no expression theyre the same person.

if you want to be specific vader is anakin three days after having his limbs chopped off. he didnt receive extra training or new powers. he was just more angry then normal.

Sadako of Girth
I think youre speculating, RJ.
The fact that anakin makes a crushing gesture with his hand, and theres a crushing noise, and then the person is strangled...?
Doesnt that seem to suggest CRUSHING...?

anakin effortlessly crushed a droid and several steel automatons just by being emo at the end of rots.

OMFG I totally forgot about that!!!!!!!! Another example of crushery.

Well done. smile

Rogue Jedi
anakin is vader. no expression theyre the same person.

if you want to be specific vader is anakin three days after having his limbs chopped off. he didnt receive extra training or new powers. he was just more angry then normal. He was fully into the dark side, Anakin wasn't. Obi Wan even stated to Luke that the good man in his father died and became Vader.

Rogue Jedi
I think youre speculating, RJ.
The fact that anakin makes a crushing gesture with his hand, and theres a crushing noise, and then the person is strangled...?
Doesnt that seem to suggest CRUSHING...?

Well done. smile If he crushed her windpipe, why didn't she die right then and there? It's not speculating, he reached out with TK and constricted her windpipe.

Sadako of Girth
That was Vader.

ROFLroflroflroflrofl

News announcement:

So was the guy who marched on the Jedi Temple, who killed the seperatists on mustafar and force choked/force larynx crushed Padme.
(You know, the man who had a big fight with Obiwan at the end)
His name was Darth Vader.

Darth is a prefix name given to members of the sith.

Earlier in the movie, Anakin (Who later becomes burned and suited) was dubbed this name by his new master: Palpatine/Sidious.

Rogue Jedi
Obi-Wan: Your father... was seduced by the Dark Side of the Force. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed.

See? this is what Obi Wan told Luke in ROTJ.

Sadako of Girth
As if that contradicts a single event that happened in the PT.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

It happened in that chronological order.

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, Anakin ceased to exist, became Vader. No Vader feats here, meaning no force choke.

Sadako of Girth
He was fully into the dark side, Anakin wasn't. Obi Wan even stated to Luke that the good man in his father died and became Vader.

WROOOOOOOOOOOOOONG.

He NEVER was fully at the darkside.

Luke knew that the emporer hadn't driven the good from him fully. Padme knew it too.

And you know that he bullshitted Luke.
("Gee son, I'd like you to start training to kill the father you've been looking missing from your life now, please, just because a crazy old man in the desert says so." was a line that Obiwan just couldnt use.)

Any decent fan of SW would know this shit.

Too many spells, and wizard rectums for you, methinks.

Rogue Jedi
WROOOOOOOOOOOOOONG.

He NEVER was fully at the darkside.

Luke knew that the emporer hadn't driven the good from him fully. Padme knew it too.

And you know that he bullshitted Luke.
("Gee son, I'd like you to start training to kill the father you've been looking missing from your life now, please, just because a crazy old man in the desert says so." was a line that Obiwan just couldnt use.)

Any decent fan of SW would know this shit.

Too many spells, and wizard rectums for you, methinks. Yeah, and he killed millions, remember? He was Sith to the max, bro, Lukes love for him pulled him back in the end. Had Luke never came along, Vader never would have turned away from the Sith.

Sadako of Girth
Yeah, Anakin ceased to exist, became Vader. No Vader feats here, meaning no force choke.

Ummmmmmm except we all know that he DIDN'T cease to exist. smile

Nothing stops existing, it merely changes state.
That should have been Luke's 1st clue.

Vader gimping, eh...?
Pure wizard spunk.

Scythe
Hahahahahahaha. Splittin' hairs there abit. I don't think, I know for a fact any team of Jedis/Sith can defeat any type of wizardy fail the HP universe can crap out. My outcome is bias too, because I really could care less for HP, but it makes sense that most of the people in HP, if not for their fancy words that have to be spoken, are only human beings. While those who wield the force have powers that boost them higher above average kids and adults.

Rogue Jedi
Ummmmmmm except we all know that he DIDN'T cease to exist. smile

Nothing stops existing, it merely changes state.
That should have been Luke's 1st clue.

Vader gimping, eh...?
Pure wizard spunk.

Yoda, to Obi Wan in ROTS:

"The boy you trained, gone he is, consumed by Darth Vader."

Any questions?

Sadako of Girth
Yeah, and he killed millions, remember? He was Sith to the max, bro, Lukes love for him pulled him back in the end. Had Luke never came along, Vader never would have turned away from the Sith.

Not onscreen, he didnt.

No non ROTJ feats/ROTS feats please. no expression

Nope. Palpatine was Sith to the max.

Anakin/Vader was just an errand boy who was lied to.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Scythe
Hahahahahahaha. Splittin' hairs there abit. I don't think, I know for a fact any team of Jedis/Sith can defeat any type of wizardy fail the HP universe can crap out. My outcome is bias too, because I really could care less for HP, but it makes sense that most of the people in HP, if not for their fancy words that have to be spoken, are only human beings. While those who wield the force have powers that boost them higher above average kids and adults. Not familiar at all with wizard powers, are you?

Rogue Jedi
Not onscreen, he didnt.

No non ROTJ feats/ROTS feats please. no expression

Nope. Palpatine was Sith to the max.

Anakin/Vader was just an errand boy who was lied to.

Any questions?

Sadako of Girth

Any questions?

Yeah..... how can you claim to be a fan of SW...?

Yoda was wrong, obviously....hence the end of ROTJ.
(Which you dont actually post like youve ever seen before) smile

Scythe
Not familiar at all with wizard powers, are you?

I've watched enough of the HP movies to not really care and form an opinion.

Rogue Jedi
Yeah..... how can you claim to be a fan of SW...?

Yoda was wrong, obviously. smile Sure, he's only been a Jedi for how many centuries? He was wrong about some things, not this. Anakin Skywalker was a jedi Knight. Darth Vader was a Sith Lord.

Rogue Jedi
I've watched enough of the HP movies to not really care and form an opinion. Then why post here?

Sadako of Girth
Not familiar at all with wizard powers, are you?

No but YOU are......arent you? ("slurp, slurp, slurrrrp"wink
Kneeius Wearioutimus especially huh, Susan...?

Sadako of Girth
Then why post here?

Cause he does what you cant: Represent SW fans.

Rogue Jedi
No but YOU are......arent you? ("slurp, slurp, slurrrrp"wink
Kneeius Wearioutimus especially huh, Susan...? Quite familiar, and the same goes for SW. But hey, go ahead and troll away, avoid the subject at hand, which is the wizards making mincemeat out of the Jedi.

No? The Jedi will win, you say? Prove it.

Rogue Jedi
Cause he does what you cant: Represent SW fans. K.

Scythe
Then why post here?

Because I formed an opinion...

/facepalm

Sadako of Girth
Sure, he's only been a Jedi for how many centuries? He was wrong about some things, not this. Anakin Skywalker was a jedi Knight. Darth Vader was a Sith Lord.

Go back to ATOC.

Listen to Yoda's condemnation of the attitudes of older more experienced jedi who should know better.
He knew that he/the jedi could be complacent yet wrong.
Theres youre answer.

Complacent but wrong.

Complacent but wrong.

Commmmmmmmmplacent but wrong.

(A familiar feeling to you, no doubt)

Rogue Jedi
Because I formed an opinion...

/facepalm And how do the Jedi beat the wizards? See, you must back up your opinion, you cant just say "The Jedi win."

Rogue Jedi
Go back to ATOC.

Listen to Yoda's condemnation of the attitudes of older more experienced jedi who should know better.
He knew that he/the jedi could be complacent yet wrong.
Theres youre answer.

Complacent but wrong.

Complacent but wrong.

Commmmmmmmmplacent but wrong.

(A familiar feeling to you, no doubt) All this because we disagree on what force crush is. Know what? I'll allow it here if it'll shut you up.

Scythe
And how do the Jedi beat the wizards? See, you must back up your opinion, you cant just say "The Jedi win."

Slight precog on their end, Yoda on their side, force pushing, the sith have force lightning. Jedis can react to the danger faster, IMO to whatever the Wizards can start casting and whatnot.

Sadako of Girth
Quite familiar, and the same goes for SW. But hey, go ahead and troll away, avoid the subject at hand, which is the wizards making mincemeat out of the Jedi.

No? The Jedi will win, you say? Prove it.

Ive avoided nothing Susan.
Ive answered your questions about SW, tolrated your claiming to be a SW fan whilst clearly not having seen the same movies that the rest of the eyeball having/ear using/mind using/ thought registering world saw.

Rogue Jedi
Slight precog on their end, Yoda on their side, force pushing, the sith have force lightning. Jedis can react to the danger faster, IMO to whatever the Wizards can start casting and whatnot.

Palpatine has force lightning, and he isn't in the fight at the start, read the OP.

The precog is faulty at best, it's has been proven to not be infallible.

So the Jedi are faster, so? You know what fiendfyre is, right? Half apparating? The death spell?

Sadako of Girth
All this because we disagree on what force crush is. Know what? I'll allow it here if it'll shut you up.

It might "shut me up", but your SW fan credibility is forever, and I mean FOREVER destroyed.

smile

Rogue Jedi
It might "shut me up", but your SW fan credibility is forever, and I mean FOREVER destroyed.

smile Yeah sure, like I'll lose sleep over you questioning my devotion to SW. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Now....Back to the thread?

Scythe
Palpatine has force lightning, and he isn't in the fight at the start, read the OP.

The precog is faulty at best, it's has been proven to not be infallible.

So the Jedi are faster, so? You know what fiendfyre is, right? Half apparating? The death spell?

Yeah, that's neat man. Not going to change my opinion.

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, that's neat man. Not going to change my opinion. Then your opinion holds no water here. If you can't say HOW the Jedi will win, HOW they will counter fiendfyre, HOW they will contend with wizards flying around everywhere at over 100 mph, then you should probably not post.

Scythe
Then your opinion holds no water here. If you can't say HOW the Jedi will win, HOW they will counter fiendfyre, HOW they will contend with wizards flying around everywhere at over 100 mph, then you should probably not post.

Why should I script out a huge ass written battle? No one else is. I would think that Jedi training covers shit coming at them at high speeds. Not to mention who knows how many futuristic gimmicks they probably utilize in their training, but hey, we never see any of that, so anything going faster than a thrown object or another lightsaberr in battle would be too much for them. Heh, but fine. They can come as fast as they want, if Yoda could handle a huge pillar using the force, he can shove wizards off their lame ass brooms. Since he's not alone, the rest of the Jedis move in for a kill. For sure several Jedis die, but they still win.

Sadako of Girth
Winner: Goatman..............

"Finiiishhhhhhhhhh himmmmmmmm."

Rogue Jedi
Why should I script out a huge ass written battle? No one else is. I would think that Jedi training covers shit coming at them at high speeds. Not to mention who knows how many futuristic gimmicks they probably utilize in their training, but hey, we never see any of that, so anything going faster than a thrown object or another lightsaberr in battle would be too much for them. Heh, but fine. They can come as fast as they want, if Yoda could handle a huge pillar using the force, he can shove wizards off their lame ass brooms. Since he's not alone, the rest of the Jedis move in for a kill. For sure several Jedis die, but they still win.

Firstly, Jedi is already pluralized, there is no "Jedi's."

Secondly, shield charms will block any force spell the Jedi throw at the wizards.

Third, a wall of flame bearing down on the Jedi will make them scatter, easy pickin's for the death spell.

The wizards will be half apparating at breakneck speeds all around the Jedi, and the roof in the Jedi temple is high as hell. No way in hell do they contend with all the wizards can throw at them.

Rogue Jedi
Winner: Goatman..............

"Finiiishhhhhhhhhh himmmmmmmm." Nah, just buried it. Six feet deep.

You gonna make a legit post here, or just continue trolling me?

Scythe
Firstly, Jedi is already pluralized, there is no "Jedi's."

Secondly, shield charms will block any force spell the Jedi throw at the wizards.

Third, a wall of flame bearing down on the Jedi will make them scatter, easy pickin's for the death spell.

The wizards will be half apparating at breakneck speeds all around the Jedi, and the roof in the Jedi temple is high as hell. No way in hell do they contend with all the wizards can throw at them.

1. F*ck if I knew, not that big of a SW fan either, though I do love it much more than HP.

2. Jedi utilize spells now, what the hell...?

3. That's your scripted fight.

At this point it doesn't matter because the battle has already been decided by you, good job I guess, so now that it's settled, I won't waste any more time in here.

For the record: You really can't make these threads, RJ. I've read people post how you don't now a few times, but I see it now, more thought needs to be put into threads like these. It's why I don't make any of them. You can't just watch a film/show, get a hard-on, then proceed to open a thread with your favorites already cast into victory.

Rogue Jedi
1. F*ck if I knew, not that big of a SW fan either, though I do love it much more than HP.

At this point it doesn't matter because the battle has already been decided by you, good job I guess, so now that it's settled, I won't waste any more time in here. Nothing scripted about it, just saying that the wizards have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many powers for the Jedi to handle.

The Jedi have nothing resembling shield charms.

Sadako of Girth
RJ You arent really qualified right now, to correct anyone about SW or grammar.

Obvious Jedi/Sith win.

Sadako of Girth

For the record: You really can't make these threads, RJ. I've read people post how you don't now a few times, but I see it now, more thought needs to be put into threads like these. It's why I don't make any of them. You can't just watch a film/show, get a hard-on, then proceed to open a thread with your favorites already cast into victory.

Rogue Jedi

At this point it doesn't matter because the battle has already been decided by you, good job I guess, so now that it's settled, I won't waste any more time in here.

For the record: You really can't make these threads, RJ. I've read people post how you don't now a few times, but I see it now, more thought needs to be put into threads like these. It's why I don't make any of them. You can't just watch a film/show, get a hard-on, then proceed to open a thread with your favorites already cast into victory. Aw, a tear?

Placidity
I'm going to have to go with the Wizards on this one.

They get prep.

And with Voldemort and Dumbledore on the same team they will be too versatile for the Jedi to handle.

In this scenario, it wouldn't be a "quick draw" battle, like in the other thread (HP vs Sidious), and the Jedi will be defenseless against magic. Likewise Wizards, imo, can't defend against the Force, but their high level magic seems much more versatile and powerful to me. Also, teleportation, and long range attax seals the deal for me.

I'm sure everyone has seen this, but just a reminder of Voldemort's power.

UunqBAHBDo8

Scythe
Aw, a tear?

Course not, just giving you sound advice. Take it or leave it. No need to reply all douchey.

Rogue Jedi
RJ You arent really qualified right now, to correct anyone about SW or grammar.

Obvious Jedi/Sith win. K then.

Sure the Jedi win, How?

Rogue Jedi
Course not, just giving you sound advice. Take it or leave it. No need to reply all douchey. Your advice was heard, dismissed as bullshit. Thanks though, I feel loved.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Placidity
I'm going to have to go with the Wizards on this one.

They get prep.

And with Voldemort and Dumbledore on the same team they will be too versatile for the Jedi to handle.

In this scenario, it wouldn't be a "quick draw" battle, like in the other thread (HP vs Sidious), and the Jedi will be defenseless against magic. Likewise Wizards, imo, can't defend against the Force, but their high level magic seems much more versatile and powerful to me. Also, teleportation, and long range attax seals the deal for me.

I'm sure everyone has seen this, but just a reminder of Voldemort's power.

UunqBAHBDo8 Indeed. Not to mention the death eaters and OOTP members, and the Hogwarts staff.

You dont think a shield charm will block a force attack?

Scythe
Your advice was heard, dismissed as bullshit. Thanks though, I feel loved.

Alright.

Placidity

You dont think a shield charm will block a force attack?

Dunno, haven't seen it in action. But I assumed it can only block magic, which the Force isn't.

Sadako of Girth
Indeed.

Alpha Centauri
Because Sidious isn't in the fight, not until he decides which side to join.

Buh bye now.

He can't decide because he isn't real, it's a Vs thread made by you, where you choose the sides.

Stop being a moron.

You haven't given him a side because if one side says: "He joins forces against Hogwarts.", you say that it's spite. If he doesn't, you win.

Then your opinion holds no water here. If you can't say HOW the Jedi will win, HOW they will counter fiendfyre, HOW they will contend with wizards flying around everywhere at over 100 mph, then you should probably not post.

How can you? YOU don't know how they would react, it's a fantasy fight.

You're not getting how fantasy fights work...STILL. You weigh up powers and you judge accordingly. You don't sit there scripting shit.

Why? Because there are a billion and one ways that a fight could go and scripting it is dumb.

If I say one thin, you can just say: "Nah, they dodge that.". How do you know? You're being ridiculous, as always.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
He can't decide because he isn't real, it's a Vs thread made by you, where you choose the sides.

Stop being a moron.

You haven't given him a side because if one side says: "He joins forces against Hogwarts.", you say that it's spite. If he doesn't, you win.Kinda hard to say. On one hand, he has force powers in common with the Jedi. On the other, he uses dark powers like Voldy and the Death Eaters. I suppose we can do it three ways:

1. He joins forces with the Jedi.

2. He joins forces with the wizards.

3. He isn't around at all.

If that sounds all right with you guys, of course. I am always open to suggestions on conditions in my threads, adding combatants and such.

Um.....Yeah, it's really up to the poster to decide how to proceed in a versus thread, unless the thread starter specifies otherwise. There is no golden rule on how to compare powers, other than sticking to onscreen feats. For example if someone and I are doing it the way you describe and you don't like it, you just avoid commenting.

Rogue Jedi
Just watched the scene where the death eaters attack the Burrow. They rae flying around, half apparating, they fly THROUGH the wooden walls of the house, cast fiendfyre inside, then fly out the other side.

So yes, wizards can cast spells while half apparating.

Also....well, it was inevitable really.......Umbridge....Dementors......Yeah.

Sadako of Girth

Um.....Yeah, it's really up to the poster to decide how to proceed in a versus thread, unless the thread starter specifies otherwise. There is no golden rule on how to compare powers, other than sticking to onscreen feats. For example if someone and I are doing it the way you describe and you don't like it, you just avoid commenting.

What...? Thats literally a confession to the effect of:
"I'll make up any way it should end and you can f**k off if you dont like it."

Well If every good match up is ruined by your having to dictate the outcome, not how insane, moronic, insipid, pre-pubescent, irrelevant, naive, dumb, primitive, inane, trite, creepy, childish, unrealistic, unscientific, unabashedly, unashamedly douchlike it is, then I say its time to suggest two forums, maybe:

Bizarro world... where RJ can make up the world to work how he just wants it simply by wishing it..

..and this one. The real one where people who dont want to have a debate with someone who sounds like an angrily embittered idollove fanfiction writer reject, asserting his own speculative works as fact, go to debate.

That way we can revisit some of the ones youve ruined with your silly fantasies with fresh and fair perspective.

Rogue Jedi
edit

Rogue Jedi
What...? Thats literally a confession to the effect of:
"I'll make up any way it should end and you can f**k off if you dont like it."

Well If every good match up is ruined by your having to dictate the outcome, not how insane, moronic, insipid, pre-pubescent, irrelevant, naive, dumb, primitive, inane, trite, creepy, childish, unrealistic, unscientific, unabashedly, unashamedly douchlike it is, then I say its time to suggest two forums, maybe:

Bizarro world... where RJ can make up the world to work how he just wants it simply by wishing it..

..and this one. The real one where people who dont want to have a debate with someone who sounds like an angrily embittered idollove fanfiction writer reject, asserting his own speculative works as fact, go to debate.

That way we can revisit some of the ones youve ruined with your silly fantasies with fresh and fair perspective. No, that's saying that we are free to discuss the matchup however we see fit.

Stop being a drama queen.

Sadako of Girth
Drama queen lol

Im just pointing out what you're doing, in case you arent aware. (although we must be by now)

You're answer sounds nice on paper, but it rarely if ever at all ever works out that way does it...? You have to argue with people til the end of time calling black white and swearing white is black.
Then you go through the frustratedly abusing people when they disagree with you posting little diggish tones in your repsonses, then, when people object to your chosen outcome, and then sulk when you get shit back.

Rogue Jedi
Geez, fine, I hear you. Calm the **** down, dude.

Sadako of Girth
Calmer than you dude.

Calmer than you.

Why is important to you to portray me as not calm...?

Rogue Jedi
Because of your tendency to place your crosshairs on me and ridicule me at every turn?

Sadako of Girth
Im sorry, I do admit that when I see overtly ridiculous statements being made, I have to respond with sometimes. Its called 'message boarding'.

The cross hairs apply when loads of unnecessary bad attitude and mouth is given to me from you for my willingness to engage you in debate.

However RJ, you love it! Stop pretending otherwise. You wouldnt be here otherwise. stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
Looks like I gave you waaaaaaaaaaay too much credit. Later.

Sadako of Girth
laughing out loud Probably 'not enough' credit.

Later.

Nephthys
Have they shown this on-screen. No, so they can't use it. Not unless you can prove they know it or abuse your thread-starter power.

These are the only two to have done it on screen, not that it'll help you much.

No, no and no. They certainly will not. You see, the problem with what your saying is that your taking an existing feat and boosting it to extreme levels, well beyond the level of ability its been shown to have on-screen. There is literally Nothing different with you saying that and me turning around and saying that since Obi-Wan can force-push some droids over, he will be able to spam this over and over with the power of a nuke. Once again, the wizards have not on-screen shown the level of ability to do what you are saying they can. Thus they cannot in this fight. Unless you cheat.

They cannot cast spells in that form and teh second they land they get pwned.

I'm glad you asked. You see, the way jedi fight is that they use the force to cloud their opponents precog, so that they miss things and get a lightsaber stuck up their ass. They can do this subtly without anyone knowing or in the midst of combat. Wizards cannot do this, so your point is rendered moot. Precog is on the table

Great, one average combatant can use it, the Jedi are really ****ed now.

As Ms. Marvel said, they're the same person, Anakin has had no training in it between incarnations, there is no reason he can't use it.

I haven't done anything but that.

If he does this Yoda etc will simply break his neck. Anakin and Sidious can break/crush steel and Yoda's just as powerful. They can break his neck easily. Notice how I'm backing everything up with evidence of aptitude and ability, it's important. Heck, the Jedi temple has giant ****-off cannons, they can shoot him with those.

Of course, becuase Jedi are so crap at blocking/dodging projectiles. Yes, thats an accurate portrayal of their abilities.

And Jedi can force-block etc fire. They sometimes must fight flamethrowers etc.

Then this is a spite thread and you're a douche for making it. Or anyway in fact.

Show it, becuase I can't find what your saying.

Yes, becuase there totally are Dementor just hanging around the Jedi Temple. Or on Coruscant. No no, wait I get it. She'll obviously open up a demensional gate to the HPverse, conjure teh Dementor to her in an instant with a spell never shown, but who cares about teh rules right? and then just totally take out the jedi single-handed? Why didn't I see it!?

Robtard
And how do the Jedi beat the wizards? See, you must back up your opinion, you cant just say "The Jedi win."

-Advantage of numbers

-Advantage of Force-precog

-Advantage of Force-speed

As seen by Obi, Jedi are not against using guns either, if needed.

Force-push/Force-pull a wizard will render him/her useless enough to close the gap to apply the lightsabre to neck approach.

Not saying that Jedi won't die and the temple won't be in shambles; in the end, the wizards lose because the Jedi win.

Alpha Centauri

There's only one way to deal with Vs threads and avoid the shit you get into.

The Comic Vs forum was never perfect, but as soon as people stopped scripting shit as much as they used to, it was far more functional.

There's way less trouble there than in any of your threads. You just don't get how these threads work.

-AC

Ms.Marvel
Obi-Wan: Your father... was seduced by the Dark Side of the Force. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed.

See? this is what Obi Wan told Luke in ROTJ.
\
obi-wan is a third-party character hes not omniscient. what he says doesnt mean anything. erm

Rogue Jedi
Have they shown this on-screen. No, so they can't use it. Not unless you can prove they know it or abuse your thread-starter power.Yes sir, the Death eaters and OOTP members were shown using it in OOTP, Voldemort in OOTP, Dumbles in THBP.

Read what I just said.

We're talking about twenty something high level wizards all apparating around the temple, here, there, everywhere, all at the same time. The Jedi wont be able to track all of them, dont be a fool.

Why cant they do it over and over and over? It doesn't drain them, all they need to do is think where they want to go and it's done.

Theres no cheating here, just another example of someone not accepting the true extent of a wizards power.

Yessir they can, the attack on the burrow in THBP.

Wizards dont have precog, doofus, the Jedi can cloud away, waste of time.

No, throughout the saga the precog has been shown to be faulty, so here it will be the same. Vader seemed surprised when Luke jumped, remember? Doooooooooooooooh. Vader said "What!!!" when the Falcon intervened at the battle of Yavin, nuff said.

It's a simple spell that the others are sure to know. What if Adi Gallia was never shown using force push, so what? You'd still be able to say she can use it here.

Thats a side argument and neither of us can prove our opinions, it really has no bearing on the matchup.

Yeah, they concentrate on one wizard, and another wizard death spells them from afar. See that? A wizard can do spells from a FAR greater distance than a Jedi can attack from.

Cannons? So? Darkening powder. Delluminator. No can see, no can shoot. Death spell them or fiendfyre. Can you say "dementors?"

Magic spells are not "projectile weapons", bit different. And lightsabers cant block them either.

Movie feat? Nope. Jedi are never shown TKing fire, so dont even bother trying.

No it isn't, and you smell like pickles.

Te death eaters attack the burrow, they surround the burrow with fiendfyre, Harry and Ginny chase Bellatrix into the corn field, then Fenrir and Bellatrix take off and fly through the burrow, crashing through it's walls, and as they exit the other side, the burrow explodes in flames. The never stopped flying, dude, and cast fiendfyre as they went. Yes, wizards can half apparate and cast spells at the same time, it is shown onscreen.

Point of note: They were the only two death eaters at the burrow, and the fiendfyre surrounding the burrow was alive and going after Remus and another wizard. Who was controlling it? NO ONE, so NOW it has been proven that Bellatrix, Fenrir or Voldemort (And the other death eaters no doubt) can cast Fiendfyre, then apparate hundreds of feet away, and either let it do all the work, or control it themselves. Fiendfyre just went uber, babe. Hell, Voldemort can set fiendfyre and apparate to Hogsmeade, letting the fiendfyre do all the work.

Dude the wizards are attacking the temple, she will summon the dementors before the battle, they will be with the wizards the entire time. And yes, the Dementors could possibly solo here. The Jedi cannot see them, and cannot harm them. Movie feats rule.

Rogue Jedi
-Advantage of numbers

-Advantage of Force-precog

-Advantage of Force-speed

As seen by Obi, Jedi are not against using guns either, if needed.

Force-push/Force-pull a wizard will render him/her useless enough to close the gap to apply the lightsabre to neck approach.

Not saying that Jedi won't die and the temple won't be in shambles; in the end, the wizards lose because the Jedi win.

And they have no way of battling fiendfyre, no way of defending against dementors.

If a Jedi force pushes/pulls a wizard, the wizard simply apparates away. Easy cheesy.

No, in the end, the Jedi are BBQ'd, and the wizards take over the temple.

Robtard
And they have no way of battling fiendfyre, no way of defending against dementors.

If a Jedi force pushes/pulls a wizard, the wizard simply apparates away. Easy cheesy.

No, in the end, the Jedi are BBQ'd, and the wizards take over the temple.

Fiendfyre would have to be cast first; it's a relatively slow spell, so many a wizard will die while attempting it due to Jedi precog and speed. Those that manage to cast it, fire can be avoided. It will wreck shit though.

Ah, I see you've added the Dementors now, since you couldn't fenagle a win with it just being Jedi Vs Wizards. Nice (pathetic) tactic.

Having an invisible and intangible enemy makes this an obvious spite thread now. You spiter.

Do tell me though, do we ever see the Dementors affect someone who can't see them? Maybe they're irrelevant to all except wizards.

They'd need to gather their bearings first, as they're humans and being shoved/pulled forcibly would be disorienting. By that time, they could be push/pulled again and sabred to death.

Samurai100
What would happen when a lightsaber hits a dementor its plasma so probably the same as when it hits everything else

Rogue Jedi
Fiendfyre would have to be cast first; it's a relatively slow spell, so many a wizard will die while attempting it due to Jedi precog and speed. Those that manage to cast it, fire can be avoided. It will wreck shit though.

Ah, I see you've added the Dementors now, since you couldn't fenagle a win with it just being Jedi Vs Wizards. Nice (pathetic) tactic.

Having an invisible and intangible enemy makes this an obvious spite thread now. You spiter.

Do tell me though, do we ever see the Dementors affect someone who can't see them? Maybe they're irrelevant to all except wizards.

They'd need to gather their bearings first, as they're humans and being shoved/pulled forcibly would be disorienting. By that time, they could be push/pulled again and sabred to death.

No it's not, Bellatrix and Fenrir were inside the Burrow, in flight, for maybe 1/4 second, and the burrow was engulfed in flames. It's fast and deadly. It moves as fast as the caster desires.

Pathetic? They are a weapon, a weapon the wizards can use, why not include them? Dont answer that, I already know, it's because even now you refuse to accept the true extent of a wizards power. Your Potter hatred is blinding you.

A weapon is a weapon. Invisible or visible. If the Jedi could go invisible, you'd be milking that cow all week.

Hey, alot could happen. Dont see too much force pushing/pulling while fiendfyre is all over their asses.

Robtard
Originally posted by Samurai100
What would happen when a lightsaber hits a dementor its plasma so probably the same as when it hits everything else

They're based on magic, they invisible and intangible. Sabre likely go through, if a Jedi were to somehow sense them.

RJ adding them now is nothing but spite. Guy is desperate for his beloved Potter franchise to

I'm still curious if they ever affected someone that couldn't see them, in the movies. ie have they ever done anything to a "muggle"?

Samurai100
yes dudley

Ms.Marvel
im pretty sure they were draining harrys obese brother in the 5th one.

Robtard
No it's not, Bellatrix and Fenrir were inside the Burrow, in flight, for maybe 1/4 second, and the burrow was engulfed in flames. It's fast and deadly. It moves as fast as the caster desires.

Pathetic? They are a weapon, a weapon the wizards can use, why not include them? Dont answer that, I already know, it's because even now you refuse to accept the true extent of a wizards power. Your Potter hatred is blinding you.

A weapon is a weapon. Invisible or visible. If the Jedi could go invisible, you'd be milking that cow all week.

Hey, alot could happen. Dont see too much force pushing/pulling while fiendfyre is all over their asses.

It needs to be cast first and it's relatively slow. Wizard would be open to a force-attack, lightsabre-blitz or blaster fire.

No, it's spite. Adding something that the opponent can't see, defend against or attack AFTER THE FACT, is SPITE.

Even with your gimp here, question still remains, have the Dementors every been able to do something to a "muggle"?

Rogue Jedi
They're based on magic, they invisible and intangible. Sabre likely go through, if a Jedi were to somehow sense them.

RJ adding them now is nothing but spite. Guy is desperate for his beloved Potter franchise to

I'm still curious if they ever affected someone that couldn't see them, in the movies. ie have they ever done anything to a "muggle"? As I said, if the Jedi could go invisible, or summon something like dementors, you'd be all over it. You're just butthurt.

Samurai100
look at the 5th film dudley is getting attacked by the dementors and they were about to kiss him.

Robtard
As I said, if the Jedi could go invisible, or summon something like dementors, you'd be all over it. You're just butthurt.

No, I wouldn't make a thread where one opponent is (in theory) completely defenseless and clueless to an adversary.

Doing so is spite and you're doing it now, because you're butthurt over the 501st Vs Hogwarts, Palpatine Vs Potter and this thread, which didn't include the Dementors from the start, but now it does, because you desparately need Harry Potter to win.

Rogue Jedi
It needs to be cast first and it's relatively slow. Wizard would be open to a force-attack, lightsabre-blitz or blaster fire.

No, it's spite. Adding something that the opponent can't see, defend against or attack AFTER THE FACT, is SPITE.

Even with your gimp here, question still remains, have the Dementors every been able to do something to a "muggle"?

Listen to me carefully....

Bellatrix and Fenrir flew into the burrow, which was not on fire.....They exited out the other side half a second later........While inside, while still in flight, they cast fiendfyre. Its not slow, Rob, you know it and I know it, the movie proves it.

After the fact? I included the Hogwarts staff in the OP. Umbridge is on the Hogwarts staff. She can control the dementors. Connect the dots, babe.

Yes, Dudley was being drained by one.

Rogue Jedi
No, I wouldn't make a thread where one opponent is (in theory) completely defenseless and clueless to an adversary.

Doing so is spite and you're doing it now, because you're butthurt over the 501st Vs Hogwarts, Palpatine Vs Potter and this thread, which didn't include the Dementors from the start, but know it does, because you desparately need Harry Potter to win. If you say so.

Robtard
If you say so.

It's clear to anyone reading. You started the thread as Jedi (with the Yoda, Anakin and Mace gimp, which you corrected, kudos) Vs Wizards. Which is a fair enough thread.

Once people proved that the Jedi would stomp, you bring in Dementors, AFTER THE FACT. Turning this into butt-hurt fueled spite thread.

This is a common tactic of yours, dude. When the side you're cheering for is shown to lose, you start angling changes and gimps to dictate the outcome.

Rogue Jedi
It's clear to anyone reading. You started the thread as Jedi (with the Yoda, Anakin and Mace gimp, which you corrected, kudos) Vs Wizards. Which is a fair enough thread.

Once people proved that the Jedi would stomp, you bring in Dementors, AFTER THE FACT. Turning this into butt-hurt fueled spite thread.

This is a common tactic of yours, dude. When the side you're cheering for is shown to lose, you start angling changes and gimps to dictate the outcome. The Jedi would get pwned even without the Dementors. They have no way of battling fiendfyre. The dementors just turned an ass kicking into a curbstomp.

Robtard
The Jedi would get pwned even without the Dementors. They have no way of battling fiendfyre. The dementors just turned an ass kicking into a curbstomp.

Nah, as the thread was started Jedi Vs Wizards in the temple. The Jedi would win in the end, for reasons listed, greater numbers, precog, speed, reflexes Force-powers and guns. Might only be 5 Jedi standing in the end, but that's a win.

Adding an enemy that the Jedi can't see and are completely defenseless against is spite and serves no purpose.

Then again, if the Jedi kill the wizard that's controlling the Dementors. You probably didn't think of that.

Rogue Jedi
Nah, as the thread was started Jedi Vs Wizards in the temple. The Jedi would win in the end, for reasons listed, greater numbers, precog, speed, reflexes Force-powers and guns. Might only be 5 Jedi standing in the end, but that's a win.

Adding an enemy that the Jedi can't see and are completely defenseless against is spite and serves no purpose.

Then again, if the Jedi kill the wizard that's controlling the Dementors. You probably didn't think of that.

Fiendfyre, Rob. No defense against that.

Thats why she will be protected? Wouldnt be that hard to assign a second, one to take control should she be killed, one that the dementors would obey.

Ms.Marvel

killing them before they can cast it will work.

Robtard

Thats why she will be protected? Wouldnt be that hard to assign a second, one to take control should she be killed, one that the dementors would obey.

Avoid it, kill the caster, avoid it again and move on.

Was that shown on film? Also, see the spite-angle at adding an opponent like the Dementors to begin with. Might as well add Q and try to argue it isn't spite.

Rogue Jedi
killing them before they can cast it will work. You really need to read my posts. They can half apparate out of reach of the Jedi and cast it from above.

Robtard
killing them before they can cast it will work.

Been said repeatedly, he won't accept that a Jedi is capable of doing so, since the wizards apparently can cast all their spells in less than a second, in his mind.

Rogue Jedi
Avoid it, kill the caster, avoid it again and move on.

Was that shown on film? Also, see the spite-angle at adding an opponent like the Dementors to begin with. Might as well add Q and try to argue it isn't spite. Avoid it? How? It's a wall of flame, there is no escaping it. Read what I just told Mrs. M.

The dementors are controlled by magic, dude. All wizards have magic. Doesn't really matter, she can control them from a mile away, she can be in Azkaban, she tells them where to go, what to do, and they do it.

Rogue Jedi
Been said repeatedly, he won't accept that a Jedi is capable of doing so, since the wizards apparently can cast all their spells in less than a second, in his mind. They can cast fiendfyre while half apparating, as shown in THBP. They can be far out of reach of the Jedi, hundreds of feet in the air.

And yes, they CAN cast spells in under a second, HP did it in OOTP, I just watched Bellatrix do it in THBP, as she did in OOTP. It was shown onscreen, dude.

Robtard
They can cast fiendfyre while half apparating, as shown in THBP. They can be far out of reach of the Jedi, hundreds of feet in the air.

Being able to fly away wouldn't counter Jedi-precog, Jedi would know a second beore it happened and could react to it.

Also, being force-pushed/pulled while in the air would stop them from casting spells, might even make them drop to the ground.

Fiendfyre is dark-magic, so not every wizard here would use it. Edit: Only a few people did that half-shit too, seems to be an evil-wizard power only.

Rogue Jedi
Being able to fly away wouldn't counter Jedi-precog, Jedi would know a second beore it happened and could react to it.

Also, being force-pushed/pulled while in the air would stop them from casting spells, might even make them drop to the ground.

Fiendfyre is dark-magic, so not every wizard here would use it.

React to twenty or so wizards all half apparating, all casting fiendfyre, right. Sure. The spell wil be cast, the fiendfyre will spill down on the Jedi and roast them.

If they are force push/pulled, they simply apparate away, man, why cant you understand this? Like the Darth Maul/NC thread, it was proven that if Maul TK's NC, he simply TP's away, same thing here.

Not every wizard here would use it? Dude, I tried the character morality thing a while back, you were dead set against it, too late to apply it now. But OK, so it's only Voldy and the death eaters, and? While they are casting fiendfyre, the dementors will be all over the Jedi, and the OOTP members can clean up.

Keep trying to figure a way around a wizards power, you'll keep failing.

Rogue Jedi
Edit: Only a few people did that half-shit too, seems to be an evil-wizard power only. Voldemort, all of the death eaters and all of the OOTP members did it in OOTP and THBP. If one can apparate, one can half apparate, so Dumbledore can too.

Alpha Centauri

He's not failing to find a way around anyone's power. He's failing to find a way around your incessant need to script everything in favour of the person you like. Watch:

Twenty or so wizards all half apparating, all casting fiendfyre, right. Sure. The spell wil be cast, the fiendfyre will spill down on the Jedi and roast them.

If they are force push/pulled, they simply apparate away.

While they are casting fiendfyre, the dementors will be all over the Jedi, and the OOTP members can clean up.

Says who? How do you know any of this for certain?

When will you understand that the only reason you cannot grasp any counter argument is because it doesn't exist to you?

Any time someone legitimately counters you, you say "No, they'd do this.". How do you know for sure? You don't. Thus, you must accept that your scenario and your heavily biased scripting is NOT how things would definitely occur.

You are telling everyone else that they're failing to counter a scenario cooked up in your mind. So what? Who can possibly overcome that?

That's precisely where you fall off the wagon of understanding, RJ. That's why your Vs threads fail. You have to weigh up powers of both sides and compare, you don't script. If you do, people end up asking other people to disprove the scenario they just created. In your case, impossible because you've already decided it's definitely gonna happen that way.

You create these threads with a fixed outcome in mind, then essentially ask us what we think just so you can go "Nah, they wouldn't. The side I think would win would just do this...". What's the point in that?

What about this don't you get?

-AC

Robtard
React to twenty or so wizards all half apparating, all casting fiendfyre, right. Sure. The spell wil be cast, the fiendfyre will spill down on the Jedi and roast them.

If they are force push/pulled, they simply apparate away, man, why cant you understand this? Like the Darth Maul/NC thread, it was proven that if Maul TK's NC, he simply TP's away, same thing here.

Not every wizard here would use it? Dude, I tried the character morality thing a while back, you were dead set against it, too late to apply it now. But OK, so it's only Voldy and the death eaters, and? While they are casting fiendfyre, the dementors will be all over the Jedi, and the OOTP members can clean up.

There's plenty of Jedi, it's not like it's one Jedi having to deal with all the wizards, son.

Because they're human and they don't have insanely fast reaction time, as you imagine they do. Jedi do, though. Nightcrawler is leagues above a human-wizard in terms of speed/ability/reaction-time, so that's a poor comparison.

If you're going to allow the good wizards to use evil powers, just cuz, then you should allow the Jedi to use powers of the DarkSide, ie force-choke, force-lightning etc. This would make it a stomp for the Jedi.

Again, bringing in the Dementors now, after the fact only serves to show you're butt-hurt fueled spite here.

I'm not, I'm also not scripting. I'm comparing a larger army of Jedi with what they have Vs a smaller army of HP wizards and what they have. Jedi to Wizard, Jedi win in a fight, for often than not, per the reasons I've listed repeatedly. Precog, speed advantage, lightsabres etc.

Rogue Jedi
There's plenty of Jedi, it's not like it's one Jedi having to deal with all the wizards, son.

Because they're human and they don't have insanely fast reaction time, as you imagine they do. Jedi do, though. Nightcrawler is leagues above a human-wizard in terms of speed/ability/reaction-time, so that's a poor comparison.

If you're going to allow the good wizards to use evil powers, just cuz, then you should allow the Jedi to use powers of the DarkSide, ie force-choke, force-lightning etc. This would make it a stomp for the Jedi.

Again, bringing in the Dementors now, after the fact only serves to show you're butt-hurt fueled spite here.

I'm not, I'm also not scripting. I'm comparing a larger army of Jedi with what they have Vs a smaller army of HP wizards and what they have. Jedi to Wizard, Jedi win in a fight, for often than not, per the reasons I've listed repeatedly. Precog, speed advantage, lightsabres etc.

It takes a microsecond to Apparate Rob, see, if you watch the HP movies, you'll see this.

I moved past the good wizards using dark powers, didn't you catch that? I already said that it would be the death eaters and Voldy using fiendfyre. Dumbledore used it in THBP, so he can use it too.

Nope. Dementors are a weapon, and they are a weapon that will turn a landslid wizard victory into a force of nature.

How many Master Jedi and Knights are shown in ROTS? See, you are looking at this like the Jedi have like 1000 members, and one wizard is going to face them.

And Rob, fiendfyre. It can be cast from far away and controlled from far away. Far away from the Jedi, a wizard can be tucked behind a pillar controlling it. The Jedi have nothing that comes close to this, and have no defense for it. Hell, Umnridge could be in Azkaban and give the dementors orders, while Voldemort half apparates around in the upper atmosphere on Courscant, and the wizards would win.

Sadako of Girth
Clone trooper armour would work.
Especially those sealed atmospheric suits they wear.
I'd certainly work long enough to allow retaliatory fire on a scale which Hogwarts can only dream of deploying.

Now it doesnt matter where you spellcaster is, they could be bombed from orbit.
Technology in SW is shown onscreen to have lifeform scanning equipment.

Robtard
It takes a microsecond to Apparate Rob, see, if you watch the HP movies, you'll see this.

I moved past the good wizards using dark powers, didn't you catch that? I already said that it would be the death eaters and Voldy using fiendfyre. Dumbledore used it in THBP, so he can use it too.

Nope. Dementors are a weapon, and they are a weapon that will turn a landslid wizard victory into a force of nature.

How many Master Jedi and Knights are shown in ROTS? See, you are looking at this like the Jedi have like 1000 members, and one wizard is going to face them.

And Rob, fiendfyre. It can be cast from far away and controlled from far away. Far away from the Jedi, a wizard can be tucked behind a pillar controlling it. The Jedi have nothing that comes close to this, and have no defense for it. Hell, Umnridge could be in Azkaban and give the dementors orders, while Voldemort half apparates around in the upper atmosphere on Courscant, and the wizards would win.

No, not a "microsecond", you're also ignoring that they'd be disoriented after a force-attack and would need moments to recover, since they're human.

So you're allowing the good wizards to use evil powers, but not allowing the Jedi to use their version of evil powers, the Dark Side? GIMP.

You're bringing them in now, they weren't included in the beginning; it's nothing but butt-hurt fueled spite. Sad and pathetic debating tactic, that.

I believe the movies state that there were "hundreds" of Jedi, before the purge and Vader's betrayal. (Or was it thousands?)

Again, with the changing of scenarios to muscle a win. Gimp. Sad, sad gimp.

You can gimp all day and you'll obviously have your win. But Jedi to HP Wizard, Jedi are in a better position to land a kill first, generally speaking. Just accept it.

BruceSkywalker
wow this thread is STILL open sad sad

Sadako of Girth
Thanks to:
http://somuchforcollege.com/gimpmask.jpg

Rogue Jedi
No, not a "microsecond", you're also ignoring that they'd be disoriented after a force-attack and would need moments to recover, since they're human.

So you're allowing the good wizards to use evil powers, but not allowing the Jedi to use their version of evil powers, the Dark Side? GIMP.

You're bringing them in now, they weren't included in the beginning; it's nothing but butt-hurt fueled spite. Sad and pathetic debating tactic, that.

I believe the movies state that there were "hundreds" of Jedi, before the purge and Vader's betrayal. (Or was it thousands?)

Again, with the changing of scenarios to muscle a win. Gimp. Sad, sad gimp.

You can gimp all day and you'll obviously have your win. But Jedi to HP Wizard, Jedi are in a better position to land a kill first, generally speaking. Just accept it.

In THBP, Harry Grabs Dumbledores arm, they apparate, then right away they appear in a different location.

No, Rob, I said the good wizards use their powers, the bad wizards use dark powers, with the exception of Dumbledore, who can use fiendfyre, because he used it onscreen.

I included Umbridge in the OP, not my fault you didn't realize it.

Hundreds, how many Knights/Masters SHOWN in ROTS?

Nah, power, raw and diversified power.

Jedi to HP wizard yada yada mumbo jumbo, K. The Jedi have no defense for fiendfyre, dude. They'll have no idea how to deal with death eaters hundreds of feet in the air castng death spells.

Tell me, what exactly is your problem with the Harry Potter movies?

Sadako of Girth
ORRRRR You tell us all, what exactly is your problem with the Harry Potter movies?

What can cause this amount of denial..?
This amount of blindness...?
This amount of rage.........?

smile

Robtard

Tell me, what exactly is your problem with the Harry Potter movies?

I can't argue on topic anymore, I've proved my case why the Jedi win in regards to the pre-gimp OP. The post gimp scranrio and adding of players/powers, there's no way I can logically win. As it will continually change and the goal-post will be moved again and again and again.

To answer the question above:

I don't have a "problem" or hatred with them as you think, I recognize that they're children's movies and written to appeal as such. As are the books, I flipped through one while in the bookstore; it's grammar, verbiage and layout was/is written to appeal to 12 year olds; I respect it as such.

This is no way dictates my POV here.

Rogue Jedi
I can't argue on topic anymore, I've proved my case why the Jedi win in regards to the pre-gimp OP. The post gimp scranrio and adding of players/powers, there's no way I can logically win. As it will continually change and the goal-post will be moved again and again and again.

To answer the question above:

I don't have a "problem" or hatred with them as you think, I recognize that they're children's movies and written to appeal as such. As are the books, I flipped through one while in the bookstore; it's grammar, verbiage and layout was/is written to appeal to 12 year olds; I respect it as such.

This is no way dictates my POV here.

The only thing you've proven is that you are ignorant of wizardry power, or are purposefully ignoring it. No goal posts have been moved, nothing has changed since the OP.

Boy with a twig indeed roll eyes (sarcastic)

Robtard
The only thing you've proven is that you are ignorant of wizardry power, or are purposefully ignoring it. No goal posts have been moved, nothing has changed since the OP.

Boy with a twig indeed roll eyes (sarcastic)

While I may not have encyclopedic knowledge of Harry Potter (as you do), I've watched the films (have a young daughter), that qualifies me to comment in here intelligently enough.

Yes, the scenario changed and changed and changed, to fit the counter arguments, one can't win against this, as they'll always be changes. EG, Jedi were shown to win, you respond by bringing in an enemy that wasn't included in the OP; an enemy that the Jedi can't counter. When it comes to Harry Potter Vs anyhting, you haev a tendency ride the gimp-pony into the ground and continue to beat it.

He is a boy and his wand is twig-like, as shown in the films. You made him out to be Rambo in the Palpatine thread.

Rogue Jedi
While I may not have encyclopedic knowledge of Harry Potter (as you do), I've watched the films (have a young daughter), that qualifies me to comment in here intelligently enough.

Yes, the scenario changed and changed and changed, to fit the counter arguments, one can't win against this, as they'll always be changes. EG, Jedi were shown to win, you respond by bringing in an enemy that wasn't included in the OP; an enemy that the Jedi can't counter. When it comes to Harry Potter Vs anyhting, you haev a tendency ride the gimp-pony into the ground and continue to beat it.

He is a boy and his wand is twig-like, as shown in the films. You made him out to be Rambo in the Palpatine thread.

Nothing changed, dude, you just missed the fact that Umbridge was named in the OP.

Rambo? But Rambo can't do magic.

Nephthys
RJ, let me just say right off the bat that if you add the Dementors here, an intangible, unbeatable, unblockable enemy, I'm not even bothering anymore. The point of this thread is Jedi vs Wizards and if you add Dementors it doesn't prove 'wizad powr rulz!!' it proves you can't see a reason for them to win and you're a gimping cheater.

No, they were doing that crazy half-apparating thing. Show explicitly where they apparate, full-apparate and then I'll let them have it.

Again, those are the only two who have actually done it on-screen.

No, you read what I just wrote.

Unfortunately for you, no we're not. We're talking about 2 guys apparating in the middle of a pitched battle and getting shot, stabbed, snapped, zapped and crushed by waiting Jedi (and maybe Sidious, whats the judgement on him)

Why can't Obi-Wan spam his nuke-blasts? He showed no effort in TPM and all he has to do is think and it happens right? Seriously though, Apparition takes both mental and magical exertion, two things that are not infinite and require training to properly utilise. Its a technique that one must acquire proficiency in, therefore you simply cannot say that the users will randomly be able to use it in a way beyond what they've shown to be within their abilities. Why didn't Dumbledore and Voldemort use this 'Nightcrawler!'-like skill in their duel? Why hasn't anyone in the history of HP used it in the way you've suggested? Maybe becuase they can't?

Actually I found that scene you're talking about and there really is nothing to support your Theory. They go straight through the building and it catches fire. There is nothing to suggest that they cast a spell. Heres another theory, one I made and thus much more likely and supported: There is a property to the half-apparating thing that causes wood to spontaneously combust. Like I predicted it is supported; In an earlier scene they do the same thing in Diagon (sp?) Alley and the moment they touch the wood of the window theres a big-ass explosion. Heck it may not even be wood specifically, it could merely be inanimate objects (having never (or, actually wasn't there a scene when they pass through someone in OOTP?) performed it on a living person we cannot know what effect it would have so don't even bother). The point is of course that you have jumped to a conclusion that cannot be supported when other possibilities exist.

No, 'Doofus', what I was saying was that thats why those lapses in precog occurred, not becuase its incredibly fallible like you're pushing for.

Becuase you say so? Lol, ok.

And most Jedi only concentrate on things that specifically target them. Precog isn't a 'I know everything that'll happen to everyone everywhere at all times' power, but it's still more than adequate to pull a Jedi win.

The Force is an extension of the Jedi him/herself. Think of it like another arm, of course you will be able to 'push' someone with that arm. And yes, this is provable, there are multiple examples of Jedi unconsciously using the Force without any training, much like how a child would instinctively use his hands for defense. Anakin set someone on fire, Zannah disintegrated an arm etc. An on-screen example of this is Luke using the Force to know where the droid would shoot with Kenobi merely telling him to focus in New Hope. Basic things like Force push are instinctive to a Jedi, but training is needed for advanced things, like how you need training to twirl a baton.

And Magic is nothing like this btw.

It's relevant becuase its important to the Jedi's victory. Just like how the 'side argument' of Umbridge and the Dementors is relevent.

Its logic. A gust of wind can affect fire, a Force push obviously can. And since the Force is an all-permeating .... force, there is no reason why it can't affect fire. The Force can affect Gravity for f's sake!

If there truly is no way for the Jedi to win then it most certainly is a spite thread.

Or, they sidestep.

Yes, Jedi can actually multi-task, like how Darth Maul could duel two jedi at once and still use the force to open a door. Or like how a Jedi can keep track of a dozen blaster bolt trajectories at once.

Darkening powder blinds everyone but the wielder (or even him?), so the wizards will be blinding their allies against an opponent that can fight blind-folded. Smart.

Dumbledores going to stop in the midst of battle to turn out the lights? Smart, I'm sure he won't be pwned at once.

Death spells are. And according to you they are the same as Lightning, which lightsabers can block. Or, y'know when the prcog warns them that you can't block the shots they can easily avoid them.

Prove no-one else wasn't controlling the fire. Prove Bella and Fenrir can do it. And I doubt Volde can apparate through dimensions. roll eyes (sarcastic)

How? It seems to me that Dementors would have come in real handy against the centuars. Did she summon them? No. The truth is that you have no idea if they can be summoned magically or at all. Or that they wont turn on her in battle. etc.

I rest my case.

edit:

Theres no proof that Dumbledore didn't need to concentrate or prepare before that though.

Sadako of Girth

He magiced away all his enemies.

More than the hogwarts posse'll manage.

Robtard
Nothing changed, dude, you just missed the fact that Umbridge was named in the OP.

And the Dementors, who would be extra players weren't. You also didn't mention them until AFTER your points were destroyed and you needed a spite-angle to win.

And Potter isn't some reacts-on-the-fly seasoned warrior, with the reflexes and battle-savvy to match. Yet you tired to gimp that there.

Sadako of Girth
http://www.bionictonic.co.uk/shops/products/197/horse_bit_gimp_mask200x200.jpg

Rogue Jedi
RJ, let me just say right off the bat that if you add the Dementors here, an intangible, unbeatable, unblockable enemy, I'm not even bothering anymore. The point of this thread is Jedi vs Wizards and if you add Dementors it doesn't prove 'wizad powr rulz!!' it proves you can't see a reason for them to win and you're a gimping cheater. Nah, I am just proving over and over that the wizards win. If Umbridge knows summoning the dementors will win the battle, why wouldnt she? Wouldnt you, if it were you?

How do you think the death eaters and OOTP members appeared out of nowhere at the ministry in OOTP?

What I said above.

Right back atcha.

Nope, as I said, the death eaters and OOTP apparated and half apparated in OOTP, they appeared out of nowhere in the end battle at the ministry.

Why didnt Jedi use force speed at the battle of Genosis? Hmm? Same shit.

Dude.....The burrow is not on fire, they half apparate through it, it burst into flames, they fly out the other side. There IS no other explanation. And yeah, the death eaters burst through a solid brick wall, either by brute force or by using a spell, probably the latter.

K then.

Well? Why didnt Vader sense the Falcon? INFALLIBLE.

Yes, I know how the force works.

OK?

Fiendfyre is not regular fire, it is magically enchanted, cursed, and a "gust if wind" will not affect it. It can be altered only by the caster.

The Jedi have no way of winning regardless of how you wanna twist it, the wizards can do too much.

Into a wall of flame.

And the wizards cant? I can name many scenes where they did.

I guess. Probably better for stealth/espionage.

You havent a clue what a delluminator is, do you.

Same as lightning? I never said that. They are unblockable, dude.

Because no other death eaters were shown. And I just noticed something else. Before the burrow is surrounded by the wall of fiendfyre, you can hear a WHOOSH, then a ball of fiendfyre lands, then it forms a circle around the burrow. Then we can see Bellatrix, hundreds of feet in the air, then she lands. So yeah, she cast and controlled fiendfyre from hundreds of feet in the air, from in the clouds. **** the dementors, the death eaters solo.

Because she was in the thick of a fight, no time to roll eyes (sarcastic)

Rogue Jedi
And the Dementors, who would be extra players weren't. You also didn't mention them until AFTER your points were destroyed and you needed a spite-angle to win.

And Potter isn't some reacts-on-the-fly seasoned warrior, with the reflexes and battle-savvy to match. Yet you tired to gimp that there. The dementors arent needed, Rob. They merely make it a walk in the park. She was named, not my fault you didnt realize that she can summon them.

Rogue Jedi
Oh my....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgiL9wj3Jvw

Is that fiendfyre I see, being cast while Bellatrix is half apparating hundreds of feet above the Burrow? Oh my.....Gee whiz, two death eaters, far away from the flames, and it's controlling and thinking on it's own!!! Wow!!!

Imagine tenish death eaters and Voldemort doing this all at once, and what we have is a wizard stomp, epic stomp, the stomp of all stomps.

I love youtube.

xgiL9wj3Jvw

Robtard
The dementors arent needed, Rob. They merely make it a walk in the park. She was named, not my fault you didnt realize that she can summon them.

Yeah, they would be. But we've been over that.

Listen, if you had intended for the Dementors to be included from the very start, then Sadako with the first post-reply nailed you right, this is a spite-thread, nothing more. So it should have been closed then and there.

Sorry, you can't have your gimp-cake and eat it too, common sense, you know. Either you made a spite-thread on purpose, or you gimped the scenario after you were spanked. Pick.

Nephthys
Wizards win? How do the Dementors make the 'wizards win'? They make the Dementors win becuase they can't be beaten, you may as well put God on their side.

And how exactly does she summon the Dementors? Is there a spell? Does she need to send an owl? She's on Coruscant, are there Dementors there? We have no idea how she ordered them about before, for all we know she had to steal a once-only security seal of approval, we don't know if she can replicate.

Also, technically you stated that it would be the 'Hogwarts staff', you never said which incarnation of it though. Forum rules dictate that its therefore the newest one, of which Umbridge is not a member.

Half-apparating. Which is obvious if you actually watch the damn scene.

No, they didn't.

Actually, they did. They just couldn't show it visibly in the movie because of various reasons. However when asked the exact same question you did, Lucas and co said that they in fact were using FSpeed.

And way to dodge the point btw.

Yes there is. I just posted it.

Relevance?

You mean fallible. And yes it is fallible. It can be overwhelmed and it can be overlooked, the users are only human (and Yoda etc), but not to a degree that you'd like to think. For example, Vader was totally focused on Luke in that scene (if I know what the hell you're talking about), so he didn't concentrate on precog. In a face to face battle, Jedi do.

Also, PIS.

If its the same way you know how magic works, you don't know shit. And concession accepted.

Proof? Or are you making stuff up?

The definition of a spite thread.

Aha, whatever you say sport. Now bear in mind that this point was originally about how a Jedi could counter Fiendfyre and see how much sense that makes.

Again a dodge. My point was that Yoda could snap Volde's neck and dodge a death spell at the same time, which he can.

Or if Malfoy has his Hand of Glory. But still, Jedi senses.

'Magic is just a form of energy, just like the Force, blah blah'.

Except by tombstones, remember? And Jedi can easily dodge death spells. Particularly when only a few have shown to be able to use it and the fact that not just anyone can use it and that you have to be exceptionally strong to cause anything stronger than a nose-bleed.

Absence of proof is not proof of absence. The air is not visibly shown on-screen, is it there?

Thats your interpretation, there are numerous other's. You have proven nothing.

Good, or this argument is done.

So she can't just summon them magically? Shame, there goes your last hope, no dementors.

No, you see Fiendfyre coming from above and then Bellatrix doing the same. You assume the two are linked, when really you can't prove any such thing. Stupid Nice try though.

Rogue Jedi
Read 'em and weep, fellas:

Oh my....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgiL9wj3Jvw

Is that fiendfyre I see, being cast while Bellatrix is half apparating hundreds of feet above the Burrow? Oh my.....Gee whiz, two death eaters, far away from the flames, and it's controlling and thinking on it's own!!! Wow!!!

Imagine tenish death eaters and Voldemort doing this all at once, and what we have is a wizard stomp, epic stomp, the stomp of all stomps.

I love youtube.

xgiL9wj3Jvw

The Dementors aren't needed. The OOTP aren't needed. All that is needed is Voldemort, Dumbledore, and the Death Eaters. They half apparate around the temple a few hundred feet in the air, casting Fiendfyre as they go, until the Jedi are nothing but ash.

Rogue Jedi
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand one ore nail for the Jedi coffin, Dumbledore doing fiendfyre:

MEBm_vj6lX0&feature=related

xehj73E6ZWM&feature=related

Give the Jedi all their masters and knights, even Sidious. The Death eaters, Voldemort and Dumbledore lay waste to them easier than pie.

Ms.Marvel
do you feel like you have just performed the greatest achievement of your life?

Scythe
Hahahaha

Rogue Jedi
do you feel like you have just performed the greatest achievement of your life? Nah, but it's quite satisfying to prove once and for all the true extent of a wizards power.

Samurai100

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>