Superman Vs Thor vs SS vs Marvel Who's more Durable

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

supremthor
who can take the most punishment.

Thor,Superman, Silver Surfer, Captain Marvel Billy

1. Cyclops Full Optic blast
2. 20 punches from WWhulk
3. Megaton Nuke ground zero
4. Goku's ss3 kamehameha wink
5. Planet explosion
6. Sun Core
7. Super Nova ground zero
8. A year in a Black Hole
9. Full Blast from Thanos and Darkseid(no OBP)
10. Anti-Matter Wave

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by supremthor

5. Planet explosion
6. Sun Core
10. Anti-Matter Wave

Who do you mean by "Marvel?"

supremthor
fixed

Slaanesh
SS

Blanket
Great way to include DBZ. thumb up

Superman doesn't do the super nova one, and should be assumed Marvel or Thor don't either. Surfer probably can. He also stands the best chance of walking away with the least damage from WWH, but that's the only difference I see. Although SM went all skeletal when he went into the core once... meh, he came back.

9 and 10 aren't passable, and 8 is a big question.

But then Goku has one more form to show (SS4), and takes out everyone.

Naija boy
Surfer is the most durable

Philosophía
They all stop at 4.

xJLxKing
They all take it to 10 and they die there

KuRuPT Thanosi
Instead of all these situations... why not ask in general who is more durable and has the feats to back it up.. Superman, Thor, SS or Marvel

xJLxKing
Cuz it will turn into another personal opinion. They are all about even

KuRuPT Thanosi
I pretty much agree they are all in the same ballpark.

Mindship
I want to say Superman because it seems to me he would handle Darkseid's omega beams best (though isn't that because Superman is especially protected from them by the Source?). But in terms of overall feats, the most durable one here is probably Surfer.

Antimatter is a tricky issue. Really, nothing made of ordinary matter should survive contact with it. So unless there's a forcefield involved (bioaura?), or subatomically reengineered matter (galactic glaze?), antimatter stops everyone.

-Pr-
Superman for me is the most durable, but i can see them all being stopped at around the same level.

Rage.Of.Olympus
1. Cyclops Full Optic blast - They all shrug it off.
2. 20 punches from World War Hulk - Neither are harmed in any important way, but Norrin comes out looking better. I mean he is shiny.
3. Megaton Nuke ground zero - They all shrug it off.
4. Goku's ss3 kamehameha - The ****?
5. Planet explosion - I know Superman, Thor, and Norrin can all shrug it off. Don't know if Marvel's ever taken such an attack. But he probably tanks it as well.
6. Sun Core - I know Superman, Thor and Norrin are all unharmed. I don't know Marvel's durability towards heat, but his probably around there level and should be fine.
7. Super Nova ground zero - Silver Surfer. Super Nova's and cosmic things are his shtick.
8. A year in a Black Hole - None of them have survived in something like a black hole for this long.
9. Full Blast from Thanos and Darkseid(no OBP) - From both at the same time? I think Thor has the best chance of being alive.
10. Anti-Matter Wave - Anti-Monitor anti-matter wave from CoIE? Neither survive.

They're all in the same ball park. Thor has the greatest damage soak in my opinion, while Norrin comes out looking the best when it comes to cosmetic details.

Mindset
Originally posted by Naija boy
Surfer is the most durable
Originally posted by -Pr-
Superman for me is the most durable
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor has the greatest damage soak in my opinion smile

Warlord
cyclops stomps

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Mindset
smile

laughing out loud

You're just made Hercules wasn't in this thread, and you couldn't argue that Hercules was retconned into being invulnerable.

h1a8

5. Planet explosion
6. Sun Core
10. Anti-Matter Wave

Black holes contain solar energy right? If so Superman can stay in indefinitely. Seriously, SS in a black hole is contributed to more his energy manipulation powers and not durability. SS can negate gravity, absorb, transmute, etc. With that said, CM can't, Thor can't, and Superman maybe can only if he can continued to be fed solar energy.

Silver Surfer can't take 20 WWhulk punches, the others probably can though.

I don't know if Marvel can survive the core of the sun (I would say no). Thor seeming went into the sun one time, but I don't think it was the core. Even so, I'm stuck on the idea that Thor either had some protective magicial shield going on or it was plain PIS. I would never ever believe Thor can survive even on the surface of the Sun. Don't bother arguing this with me, I'm stuck on eternity with it, so it would be hopeless. SS can't survive the core of the sun but he can survive inside the sun. And Superman can because of obvious reasons.

Thor can't survive a Super nova, neither can SS or Marvel. Superman would be koed or killed himself.

All can easily survive Blasts from Thanos (easy stuff here). But all will be pretty hurt or killed from DS's blast. What is OBP?

Superman and Thor can both survive a planet explosion. I doubt CM can. And only an amped SS can.

Don't know about the anti-matter wave.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by h1a8
Black holes contain solar energy right? If so Superman can stay in indefinitely. Seriously, SS in a black hole is contributed to more his energy manipulation powers and not durability. SS can negate gravity, absorb, transmute, etc. With that said, CM can't, Thor can't, and Superman maybe can only if he can continued to be fed solar energy.

I don't know if Marvel can survive the core of the sun (I would say no). Thor seeming went into the sun one time, but I don't think it was the core. Even so, I'm stuck on the idea that Thor either had some protective magicial shield going on or it was plain PIS. I would never ever believe Thor can survive even on the surface of the Sun. Don't bother arguing this with me, I'm stuck on eternity with it, so it would be hopeless. SS can't survive the core of the sun but he can survive inside the sun. And Superman can because of obvious reasons.

Thor can't survive a Super nova, neither can SS or Marvel. Superman would be koed or killed himself.

All can easily survive Blasts from Thanos (easy stuff here). But all will be pretty hurt or killed from DS's blast. What is OBP?

Superman and Thor can both survive a planet explosion. I doubt CM can. And only an amped SS can.

You are an idiot. It is official. You don't read SS do you.. he's already survived things you say he can't survive.. just stop posting.

Rage.Of.Olympus

LOL! I laughed my ass off. Seriously, keep it up yo. thumb up

You're entire post is just ridiculous in general but in specific because I care about Thor the most.....

Thor was in the Sun's core as it was stated they were in the Sun's blazing heart as I recall and he did not have any magical shielding.

You think that's P.I.S? Wow, you must have a heart attack whenever you read Thor tanking the cosmic flame of a blood lusted Firelord, which in the same instance was stated to be born in the raging heart of a million suns. There's also the instance where Thor charged his hammer with the energy of a thousand Suns, and he held his hammer just fine and was tanking the energy released.

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by Warlord
cyclops stomps
Seconded.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I gotta go. Me and my boi are gonna go play NBA 2K9. I can't wait till the reply though.

Animerican
superman once again. he doesn.t die his body functionc can shut down for weeks just to regenerate to normal health. good luck even scratching him though. i no a great deal about superman and i hate him becuase he can do anything. i would of said the surfer but hes a lil ***** w/o that board.

Mindset
Originally posted by Animerican
superman once again. he doesn.t die his body functionc can shut down for weeks just to regenerate to normal health. good luck even scratching him though. i no a great deal about superman and i hate him becuase he can do anything. i would of said the surfer but hes a lil ***** w/o that board. Because his board increases his durability...

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Animerican
superman once again. he doesn.t die his body functionc can shut down for weeks just to regenerate to normal health. good luck even scratching him though. i no a great deal about superman and i hate him becuase he can do anything. i would of said the surfer but hes a lil ***** w/o that board.

confused

laughing

darthgoober

laughing out loud

supremthor
1. Cyclops Full Optic blast = all take it
2. 20 punches from WWhulk = all take it but surfer is hurt, physical attacks seem to hurt him more.
3. Megaton Nuke ground zero = all take it
4. Goku's ss3 kamehameha wink = all take
5. Planet explosion = all take it
6. Sun Core = depending on time Thor and marvel well be the first to go out.
7. Super Nova ground zero = all die exp for SS and Superman, I rem him taking one but being knocked out after.
8. A year in a Black Hole = SS takes it not so sure bout Superman
9. Full Blast from Thanos and Darkseid(OB) = All Die
10. Anti-Matter Wave = All Die

darthgoober
1. Cyclops Full Optic blast = all take it
2. 20 punches from WWhulk = all take it but surfer is hurt, physical attacks seem to hurt him more.
3. Megaton Nuke ground zero = all take it
4. Goku's ss3 kamehameha wink = all take
5. Planet explosion = all take it
6. Sun Core = depending on time Thor and marvel well be the first to go out.
7. Super Nova ground zero = all die exp for SS and Superman, I rem him taking one but being knocked out after.
8. A year in a Black Hole = SS takes it not so sure bout Superman
9. Full Blast from Thanos and Darkseid(OB) = All Die
10. Anti-Matter Wave = All Die
Why do you think Surfer will fair the worst against WWH when Surfer's always shaken off Hulk's punches with seemingly greater ease than Thor?

supremthor
Originally posted by darthgoober
Why do you think Surfer will fair the worst against WWH when Surfer's always shaken off Hulk's punches with seemingly greater ease than Thor?

cuss most of the time Surfers Cosmic powers are in effect in some way, Him just taking the punishment without dishing anything back is different. plus WWhulk strength is close to that of Thanos, and we no what he did.v

darthgoober
cuss most of the time Surfers Cosmic powers are in effect in some way, Him just taking the punishment without dishing anything back is different. plus WWhulk strength is close to that of Thanos, and we no what he did.v
What do you mean his powers are in effect? I can think of a couple of occasions where Hulk tagged Surfer as hard as he could with no effect other than knocking him over.

I can also remember him being almost completely drained of cosmic power while an enraged Wonder Man. He was never actually ko'd and he came back a thrashed WM as soon as his power came back. I can't really see Thor doing the same.

Naija boy
smile

lol

JakeTheBank
lol at the SSJ3 Kamehameha wave.

h1a8
LOL! I laughed my ass off. Seriously, keep it up yo. thumb up

You're entire post is just ridiculous in general but in specific because I care about Thor the most.....

Thor was in the Sun's core as it was stated they were in the Sun's blazing heart as I recall and he did not have any magical shielding.

You think that's P.I.S? Wow, you must have a heart attack whenever you read Thor tanking the cosmic flame of a blood lusted Firelord, which in the same instance was stated to be born in the raging heart of a million suns. There's also the instance where Thor charged his hammer with the energy of a thousand Suns, and he held his hammer just fine and was tanking the energy released.
Cosmic Flames? Irrelevant! Charged hammer? Irrelevant!
Thor surviving anywhere near the core sun is PIS to the highest degree, for a certain reason. I would first believe Superman exists in reality before I believe that nonsense. And for others out there. No need to show me any scans, I've seen them already. That is why I either accept the magical shield concept or the PIS concept.

h1a8
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
You are an idiot. It is official. You don't read SS do you.. he's already survived things you say he can't survive.. just stop posting.

The only things I've said he couldn't survive is a ground zero Super Nova, 20 Hits from WWH, and the core of the sun.

Other than 20 Hits from WWH (which he hasn't faced), are you sure he has tanked a ground zero Super Nova, and been in the core of the sun for more than 3 seconds?

D-Block
Cosmic Flames? Irrelevant! Charged hammer? Irrelevant!
Thor surviving anywhere near the core sun is PIS to the highest degree, for a certain reason. I would first believe Superman exists in reality before I believe that nonsense. And for others out there. No need to show me any scans, I've seen them already. That is why I either accept the magical shield concept or the PIS concept.

Why is it so hard to believe that Thor can survive in the core of the sun? Especially since he's done it.

Naija boy
Originally posted by D-Block
Why is it so hard to believe that Thor can survive in the core of the sun? Especially since he's done it.

Ignore that fellow. he is a clown who doesnt read comics.

Blanket

Don't know about the anti-matter wave. Everything you said is wrong here. Seriously.

It's like you read a comic (not likely), and then go with the complete opposite of what happens in an attempt to piss someone off.

h1a8
Originally posted by D-Block

Because that goes against the entire history and understanding of Thor. Thor isn't that powerful. So either Thor used magical shields or it was PIS, simple as that.

h1a8
Originally posted by Blanket
Everything you said is wrong here. Seriously.

It's like you read a comic (not likely), and then go with the complete opposite of what happens in an attempt to piss someone off.

Nothing I've said was false. If you think so then attempt to prove it then.
And what happens in comics isn't always valid, especially since we have the PIS rule.

TheKahn
Why does it seem that the standard response to someone who has a different opinion than you on KMC is "you obviously don't read comics" (italics indicates pretension and unwarranted arrogance)? Honestly, I don't see what insulting someone anonymously on the internet simply because they have a different point of view accomplishes. erm

Blanket
Nothing I've said was false. If you think so then attempt to prove it then.
And what happens in comics isn't always valid, especially since we have the PIS rule. First off, I'm fairly certain that black holes don't contain solar energy... because you know, the whole destroying energy title they have...

Second, Surfer surviving in a black hole was never attributed to the powers you said.

Third, Surfer is the only person in Marvel that has had a couple fights with Hulk where he has never been so much as harmed by Hulk. Thor has.
You saying everybody but Surfer can take Hulk's hits is fairly ignorant.

Forth, ya Thor went into the core of the sun (stated). You think Atum lives in the halfway in portion of the sun?

Fifth, so, basically just because you don't think Thor can survive in the sun, he can't? There is no basis here, and I suggest you at the very least checking out his respect thread (also, look at Surfer's).

Sixth, Surfer has flown straight through the sun and has felt refreshed. Hell, I don't think that's the only time either. Actually, I think he also flew through one with Drax (who has ripped the core out of a smaller sun when Drax was in his weakest form ever).
BTW, when Supes went into the core of the sun, he went crazy and you could see his skeleton...

Seventh, Surfer has already survived a super nova... it was one of his first appearances actually.

8th, they can all survive Thanos' blasts easily? Thanos one shotted Surfer the first time they met. Thanos two shotted Thor in his weakest appearance. Thanos is more powerful than he was back then. And if either of these guys take the blast that Galactus took, they aren't staying awake.
And, yes, it's both of them.

9th, why do Superman and Thor get the pass when neither of them have survived a planet exploding (or in Supes' case, stayed awake in the closest he came)? You know who has survived a planet explosion? Surfer. Hell, his body was also made into the centre of a planet by Korvac... And no he doesn't have to be amped.
And if Superman can take a planet explosion, then why can't Billy?

10th, if you read the original crisis, then you know nobody here is surviving the anti-matter wave.

Ya, that probably covers why you're wrong. Never know though, with this wiinternet and all.

Blanket
Originally posted by TheKahn
Why does it seem that the standard response to someone who has a different opinion than you on KMC is "you obviously don't read comics" (italics indicates pretension and unwarranted arrogance)? Honestly, I don't see what insulting someone anonymously on the internet simply because they have a different point of view accomplishes. erm Because often times it's true?

Naija boy
Why does it seem that the standard response to someone who has a different opinion than you on KMC is "you obviously don't read comics" (italics indicates pretension and unwarranted arrogance)? Honestly, I don't see what insulting someone anonymously on the internet simply because they have a different point of view accomplishes. erm

This isnt about having a different opinion, its about h1a8s legendary trolling. From things like superman being more than a billion times as strong as thor to claims that thanos is a pillow man who is not even bulletproof, etc. Further h1 has admitted to having read very few comics in his life,especially marvel ( about 10 thor comics by his count, and zero other marvel comics). Even those few he has read he simply ignores or claims PIS, even though he hasnt read enough of the character in the first place to know what PIS would even constitute.

Having serious minded differing opinions is nice and dandy and is what the forum is about. Idiocy and recalcitrance however are not.

Batman-Prime
7. Super Nova ground zero - Thor and CM stop
8. A year in a Black Hole - SS and Supes stop

h1a8
First off, I'm fairly certain that black holes don't contain solar energy... because you know, the whole destroying energy title they have... I never claim they did. Read my post carefully.

Second, Surfer surviving in a black hole was never attributed to the powers you said.How do you know? Because it wasn't mentioned? That doesn't prove anything. It is clear that on average much smaller forces damage SS. SS surviving in a legitimate black hole can only be attributed to his power set, not durability. Otherwise it is PIS. Arguing any version of Hulk except WWH is invalid. SS could have been only taking 500ton punches. Who knows for sure? Thor could have been taking million ton punches. Who knows for sure? Hulk is not the same as WWH. Plus Thor smoked SS with his hammer blows. So Hulk's hits were astronomically weaker than Thor's hits because Hulk's strength was not as high when he fought SS. Common sense.We don't know if Thor went into the core. If so, it he was using a magical shield or it was PIS. Simple as that. These characters don't exist. So what I or anyone say can't make the truth the truth, a lie the truth, or the truth a lie. The fact is PIS exists in comics. That means that anything that happens in comics isn't necessarily valid. For the experience, if it doesn't feel right then it isn't right. Flying through a sun is not the same as staying in one for more than a few seconds. I don't agree with Drax ripping out a core of a smaller sun either with the PG. Was it at ground zero as the OP suggested? If not, then your statement is invalid. If so then the feat is invalid since it contradicts SS's entire history (PIS). SS and many others took Thanos blasts before. So it was simply PIS. Two shotting someone implies that after two shots one is koed or killed. This is not the case.The Galactus blast wasn't necessarily that powerful. Galactus weighs less than 100tons, so blowing him away isn't necessarily phenomenal force. Blasts have two properties, concussive ability and burning/matter manipulating ability. Superman and Zod exploded the planet they were on with just the shockwaves of their punches on each other without the slightest hint of damage. A slightly higher than average amped Surfer can survive a planet explosion but not a normal or below normal surfer. I change my mind about Thor. He can survive a small moon sized planet explosion but not a normal Earth sized one. Otherwise it is PIS. Because Marvel is very far beneath Superman physically. Superman only appears to be his rival only because of the mental blocks. But potentially, Superman is at least a league higher than Marvel. I made absolutely no opinion to this. Did you even read my post?

Mindset
Why does it seem that the standard response to someone who has a different opinion than you on KMC is "you obviously don't read comics" (italics indicates pretension and unwarranted arrogance)? Honestly, I don't see what insulting someone anonymously on the internet simply because they have a different point of view accomplishes. erm You obviously don't read...forums.

h1a8
This isnt about having a different opinion, its about h1a8s legendary trolling. From things like superman being more than a billion times as strong as thor based off best feats to claims that thanos is a pillow man who is not even bulletproof, etc. Further h1 has admitted to having read very few comics in his life,especially marvel ( about 10 thor comics by his count, and zero other marvel comics). Even those few he has read he simply ignores or claims PIS, even though he hasnt read enough of the character in the first place to know what PIS would even constitute.

Having serious minded differing opinions is nice and dandy and is what the forum is about. Idiocy and recalcitrance however are not.

I fixed your statement a little ("...based on best feats). Also I have read plenty of Marvel and D.C. comics and I have glanced through even more of them than you can imagine. Of course Thanos isn't a pillow man. laughing
I view him this way though (a tough pillow man that is) because writers had bone wolverine pierce him easily. I know it wasn't canon. But what writer's think had some limited effect on how I form my opinions. All I know is that Logan's claws would have broken if he struck Superman instead (guaranteed fact.) Thus Superman is more durable than Thanos (in my eyes). What I'm trying to say is that A is more durable than B if

B has a low showing below the possibility of what A can have. This is my logic, like it or not, I see it as sound.

namorsubby
superman........

now close the thread

Mindset
I fixed your statement a little ("...based on best feats). Also I have read plenty of Marvel and D.C. comics and I have glanced through even more of them than you can imagine. Of course Thanos isn't a pillow man. laughing
I view him this way though (a tough pillow man that is) because writers had bone wolverine pierce him easily. I know it wasn't canon. But what writer's think had some limited effect on how I form my opinions. All I know is that Logan's claws would have broken if he struck Superman instead (guaranteed fact.) Thus Superman is more durable than Thanos (in my eyes). What I'm trying to say is that A is more durable than B if

B has a low showing below the possibility of what A can have. This is my logic, like it or not, I see it as sound.
You can't be serious.

quanchi112
Surfer is the most durable imo.

h1a8
Superman is the most durable.

Blanket
Well, I'm not quoting your post, but I will respond.

1st, you implied they contained solar energy, which warranted a response since you brought it up since it was a big factor... duh.

2nd, Well no shit that I say that because it wasn't mentioned, why the hell else do you think I should say this? I'm not into ass sumptions like you are, and claiming EVERYTHING is PIS when I don't like it.

3rd, actually, if you learned how to read, I said that Surfer is the ONLY person who has more than one fight with Hulk who has been unnaffected (not counting Planet Hulk), and you post said that everyone walks away unharmed except Surfer. Do you not see a problem here?

4th, Hulk said he hit Surfer with all his strength and was really surprised Surfer was unharmed. Bannerless freaked out Hulk was stomping on Surfer's head to no effect. Hulk just turning Hulk has hurt Thor pretty bad. It's not hard even for you to see which one's worse.

5th, I like how you claim absolutely everything good for Surfer or Thor is pis, and then bring up the bullshit of Warrior Madness Thor vs the IW (which also contains Thanos, like your later point entails). BTW, even saying this is a perfectly written fight, I hope even you can see the difference between's Hulk's fists and a severely pissed off Thor wrapping his hammer in energy.

6th, it said he went to the core, and this goes back to my 'halfway in' response. And assuming it's a magical shield is an assumption... which you're clearly full of when it comes to low balling Marvel/high balling Superman.
Also, there goes the pis wagon again. I have no reason why it's pis, but believe you me, it's pis (suprisingly akin to your posts).

7th, Oh, OK. You don't like it, it didn't happen. Even though I gave you three... four other examples of people going into or through suns in comics. I don't know why you think this is such a good feat in comics, or impossible, when comics say it's a walk in the park.

8th, how do you explain Surfer feeling refreshed then after going through one? He's still feeling the pressure, flying through one or not... the heat. And how can you totally override the fact that he goes through suns to feel better... again?
There we go with the pis excuse again. And you'll be glad to know he didn't do it with the PG, he did it at his classic skinny form. smile

9th, what does it matter how close he was if the feat is pis anyway? This is like the 5th time you've claimed pis, yet you use examples of Thor KO'ing Surfer, and Superman 'breaking a planet'? Are you seriously that bias that you can't accept any good feat that Surfer does? I suggest this a reason for hating him so much, and also, it explains why you troll so much.
BTW, to answer your question, I believe he was like a mile away from it (far closer than Supes was when he KTFO'd by one). Again, he's the only one who has taken one uninjured here.

10th, I don't remember them exploding the planet. And if what I'm told is true, then they were doing that because they were connected to it. And I don't recall them being damageless either.
Unamped Surfer however, blew up a planet by himself. Stood at ground zero, and had absolutely no effect on him. Classic Surfer not amping himself was made into a planet himself (gravity increased, rocks flew to him, he was the centre of it) by Korvac, and simply busted out with no damage. You adding in the words 'unamped' is just another example of you downgraded a character you know nothing about.

11th, You changed you mind on Thor... and if he did do it, it's pis... lol.
Beta Ray Bill has survived multiple planet explosions... Thor's equal. no expression
And how do you figure Superman, Surfer (well, not Surfer I guess), outweigh Thor that much that they (Superman) can take a planet expoding to no effect, but claim Thor can't? Also, funny you bring up moon sized explosions when Superman is in the thread...
Seriously, think.

12th, OK, OK, and potentially Billy is as powerful as Shazam. Potential.
Also, we are talking about Captain Marvel, the kid trapped inside a man's body when we talk about basically 'holding back', aren't we?
BTW, even going with the mental blocks approach, did you see that in the opening post? That Superman achieves 'dynamic strength' levels for this thread? Because 'dynamic' strength is the only way he really showcases he's above Billy strength wise.

13th, I realize you made no opinion. I just found it funny that you didn't really know about it since it's involved in the most prominent story in DC history.

You thought I forgot the Thanos part didn't you?
You know, the funny thing is that not a lot have taken Thanos' blasts and been OK afterwards... and that's when he's not trying. I don't know how you got that SS has taken them though, since he's not looking too good when he does, or has taken that one. And there you go with that PIS shit again... simply claiming anything you don't understand is PIS, when you have no idea what happened, or what has happened to either Surfer or Thanos throughout their history together and apart.

Two shotted implies they were out of the fight. The next time we see Thor, he's on his hands and knees, and is saved by Warlock... against the weakest Thanos in history... due to eyeblasts.

Galactus also weighs enough to have never have that done to him before... his armor was also scratched up and he was severely pissed. If you think all it did was push him, then you're just in for the low ball.
BTW, out of those two properties (since those are all that ever exist) concussive is always dealt to Galactus... never with the result Thanos achieved.

But anyway, here's some more feats for you to scream pis on:
He seemingly evaporated Mar-Vell with a blast.
One shotted Thing.
A low level clone one shotted Hulk.
One shot tore in half an Iron Man/Thanos clone that Gamora was terrified of.
Was hurting WM PG Thor.
Overpowering Maker
Destroyed the Punisher robots easily (these things used to fight Classic Surfer and give him troubles... Thanos fought lots of them at once).
ETC.

All of those feats are pis though, and Thanos is easy stuff.

Blanket

B has a low showing below the possibility of what A can have. This is my logic, like it or not, I see it as sound. wut

Also, Venom was beating Superman in a crossover = lower than canon or non canon feats of Thanos.

Blanket
Anyway, just two more things.
Surfer flew into the heart of a sun to cleanse his soul before. That answers the core part.

And it never said how far the gigantic sun exploding super-nova was away from Surfer. Still didn't do anything to him though.

Luminatus
Goku kills them.

Juntai
wut

Also, Venom was beating Superman in a crossover = lower than canon or non canon feats of Thanos. Lower than being arrested by the police!?

carver9

1. Cyclops Full Optic blast - All are injured pretty bad but they are awake (Surfer wont feel it)
2. 20 punches from WWhulk- Superman/Captain Marvel are koed on the 4th punch. Thor drops on the 8th and Surfer remains awake (probably thor remains awake also)
3. Megaton Nuke ground zero- All survive.
4. Goku's ss3 kamehameha wink- All of them are dead at none Super sayain goku Kamehameha except Silver Surfer
5. Planet explosion- Thor and Surfer
6. Sun Core-All of them except Captain Marvel
7. Super Nova ground zero-All of them die instantly except Surfer (he survives with a smile).
8. A year in a Black Hole- Surfer survives
9. Full Blast from Thanos and Darkseid(no OBP)-Darkseid isnt needed, thanos one shot all of them.
10. Anti-Matter Wave - none survive this

h1a8

1st, you implied they contained solar energy, which warranted a response since you brought it up since it was a big factor... duh.
An "if" statement is never an implication. For example, if pigs could fly then cows could speak english. That statement isn't saying nor implying that pigs can fly. It is nothing more than an "IF" statement. This is common sense.
PIS had a very fine definition until the mods changed it. It mention the notion of statistically consistence of a character, and outliers. Surfer was affected once. So your statement is false. WWH is considered much stronger than any version SS has faced. So the reasoning in your statement is invalid. Surfer was affected, look again. But anyway either Hulk was weak or it was PIS. This is because Thor can indeed affect SS with his hammer blows, yet Thor and Hulk seems evenly matched physically. Also WWH is different as said above. You know when something is PIS when someone has to refer to comics from the 70's or 80's just to prove that someone is stronger, faster, etc. Yet there is no current feats that show it to the same magnitude. As far as WM Thor, those characters fought Thor stupidly which isn't a reflection of what will really happen. Thus it was PIS by definition. I don't believe it said that. I could be wrong though. If so then Thor used a magical spherical shield or it was PIS. Classic Thor wasn't even written to be bulletproof by the original writers yet you one day see him going to the core of the sun? Magical shield or PIS to the highest degree I say. It was many things I didn't like but gladly accepted. The better posters here convinced me with scans and great logic. I once argued for countless pages that Superman beats SS until Goober convinced me otherwise by showing me feats. I gladly accepted these feats painfully. I place a good argument above anything in the universe, even beyond my preferences. So if I don't like something then it is only because I see weakness in it, it isn't solid. SS, Thor, Marvel, etc. not being able to survive in the core of Stars has nothing to do with the heat. I'll just leave it as that. You my friend don't even know the definition of trolling. I firmly believe everything I post. I'm not trying to deceive nor lie. I back my claims up with proof through logic or through the showing of scans (rarely). Someone who trolls doesn't back their claims up nor attempts to. So please stop saying that I troll when I clearly don't. I just don't say Superman is so many times stronger than Thor. I painstakingly calculate and post an entire page to back me up. This is not trolling.

Superman breaking a planet due to only shockwaves is PIS to me. Yes even Superman himself has done some PISSing things before. Thor koing Surfer seems fine. The strength of Thor's hammer strikes (not slams) seems to match the hits of a very enraged Hulk. Yet Hulk couldn't affect SS and Thor can? Either PIS or that Hulk wasn't as strong. Also it isn't PIS if SS was sufficiently away from the supernova. A mile is too close, unless SS phased. Surfer was amped in the first situation. The second situation doesn't prove it either. An outward force protruding from you protects you, as it pushes all things away from you. Also, that scan seemed more or less like a bunch of rocks clumped together to make an asteroid, not even a moon. I consider BRB physically superior to Thor. BRB without Thor's power beat Thor physically. Just imagine how powerful he is with the power of Thor. But again based off of what can and can't hurt someone with the consistency of a career, BRB surviving planet explosions may be PIS too. Thread is about who can survive a Thanos blast, not who wouldn't be affected by it. Galactus was caught off guard and didn't get a chance to brace, thus it was like striking a still dead object. One shotting Thing is not PIS. Hulk is variable, so are clones. WM PG Thor didn't prove how much more powerful he was. It seemed as if he still remained the same but only crazy. The robots shouldn't have given Surfer trouble. It was PIS that they did. Maker is inconsistent, definitely not classic beyonder levels. Seemingly evaporating Mar-vell is unknown by me. I don't even know how durable mar-vell is to even make a judgement here. Iron Man/ Thanos clone? I know nothing of this.

h1a8
wut

Also, Venom was beating Superman in a crossover = lower than canon or non canon feats of Thanos.

Thanos getting cut up by bone claws is weaker. Plus Venon was a lot more powerful than his normal self due to some universal transformation.

h1a8
Anyway, just two more things.
Surfer flew into the heart of a sun to cleanse his soul before. That answers the core part.

And it never said how far the gigantic sun exploding super-nova was away from Surfer. Still didn't do anything to him though.

Well if SS stayed in the core for more than 3 seconds then he was either manipulating the gravity and pressure or he was phased. Otherwise, it is PIS.

zeel
Because that goes against the entire history and understanding of Thor. Thor isn't that powerful. So either Thor used magical shields or it was PIS, simple as that.

stupidest post i have ever read.

thor supes and cap are all about the same as being durable. Supes is prolly the most durable agaisnt blunt attack and thor and cap very close behind him.

h1a8
Originally posted by zeel
stupidest post i have ever read.

thor supes and cap are all about the same as being durable. Supes is prolly the most durable agaisnt blunt attack and thor and cap very close behind him.

The only reason I even consider Superman to survive in the core of the Sun is because that is his power source. If it weren't then I would claim PIS to that too.

I change my mind SS can indeed survive in the core of the sun without it being PIS. This is because he can absorb sufficient energy to increase his durability (just like Superman).

Mindset
Originally posted by Juntai
Lower than being arrested by the police!? Made me think of this.
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i198/RaikouTheLightning/322507497_acbded9ff7_o.jpg

Naija boy
I am now certain that h1a8 is doing this deliberately to irritate people. i honestly have never seen such a combination of so many unbelievably idiotic posts. My God........

Kris Blaze
lmfao.

This retard thinks that Namor can kill Loki with punches and he's talking about the history of Thor.

psycho gundam
h1ni needs to go seriously

Mindset
You guys are so jealous.

D_Dude1210
Why are you guys still responding to h1a8's post? it's not like he's actually been able to post anything of substance in the forums. Ignore him.

Remember: Never argue against an idiot- he'll bring you down to his level and then beat you with experience...

Blanket
Wow, I'm not even going to respond to that last post... even though there is so much wrong with it... so much.

Every single feat of Surfer's/Thanos'/Thor's is pis... imagine that.

h1a8
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
lmfao.

This retard thinks that Namor can kill Loki with punches and he's talking about the history of Thor.

Who said Namor could kill Loki with punches? Because certainly I didn't.

h1a8
Wow, I'm not even going to respond to that last post... even though there is so much wrong with it... so much.

Every single feat of Surfer's/Thanos'/Thor's is pis... imagine that.

No, only a very very few of them are. I don't believe Thanos has any PIS feats though (except the Odin one).

quanchi112
Lower than being arrested by the police!? Not canon.

Juntai
Originally posted by quanchi112
Not canon. Perhaps you should read the post I quoted.

supremthor
Made me think of this.
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i198/RaikouTheLightning/322507497_acbded9ff7_o.jpg

LMFAO laughing out loud laughing out loud

quanchi112
Perhaps you should read the post I quoted. I did.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I wonder.... has h1a8 ever been even warned?

h1a8
I wonder.... has h1a8 ever been even warned?

For what? There is no trolling in my posts.

I believe in what I say and back it up. Trolling is the opposite.

Blanket
For what? There is no trolling in my posts.

I believe in what I say and back it up. Trolling is the opposite. Trolling is also ignoring what everyone says, or what is proven and still going with what you were saying originally.

EX: 'Superman can't fly'
*scan of Superman flying*

'Superman can't fly.'

BTW, I'm not sure if "PIS!!!!" actually backs up anything... erm

h1a8
Trolling is also ignoring what everyone says, or what is proven and still going with what you were saying originally.

EX: 'Superman can't fly'
*scan of Superman flying*

'Superman can't fly.'

BTW, I'm not sure if "PIS!!!!" actually backs up anything... erm

I never ignored any one's post ever (not intentially anyway). I always have an argument against every member who presents evidence (unless I agree).

I claim PIS to certain things because they contradict the vast majority of a character's showings. For example, their is no way in hell Thor, BRB, Gladiator, etc. can hit with Supernova force. Them hitting with planetary force is acceptable but still iffy, but Supernova force? NO WAY! Yet all of them can knock the living hell out of SS with their slams and mightiest of blows. This contradicts SS surviving a Supernova at ground zero.

In this post I was nice and explained why is was PIS. Naturally, the burden is one those who don't believe it is PIS to prove it (by showing sufficient other evidence to support it). Just because it happened in comics doesn't mean it is valid.

What makes it valid is if it occurred sufficient enough times or can be logically deduced from something either well defined or something that has occur sufficient enough times.

Blanket
I never ignored any one's post ever (not intentially anyway). I always have an argument against every member who presents evidence (unless I agree).

I claim PIS to certain things because they contradict the vast majority of a character's showings. For example, their is no way in hell Thor, BRB, Gladiator, etc. can hit with Supernova force. Them hitting with planetary force is acceptable but still iffy, but Supernova force? NO WAY! Yet all of them can knock the living hell out of SS with their slams and mightiest of blows. This contradicts SS surviving a Supernova at ground zero.

In this post I was nice and explained why is was PIS. Naturally, the burden is one those who don't believe it is PIS to prove it (by showing sufficient other evidence to support it). Just because it happened in comics doesn't mean it is valid.

What makes it valid is if it occurred sufficient enough times or can be logically deduced from something either well defined or something that has occur sufficient enough times. Ya, your only argument was "PIS!!"

How do you know they can knock around Surfer with their mightiest blows? And how does a 'IMO' answer equal it contradicting Surfer's history?
And how would we even know if they can do that anyway, since if they did, it'd be labeled PIS by you?
Editor's note: Nova the far weaker herald of Galactus can destroy a sun...

Ya, in this post you explained why it was pis, with the magical 'IMO' argument, but in every other post you didn't. Simply claimed it was pis... simply claimed EVERYTHING was pis.

The problem is, I said multiple high durability feats, and I could ramble on even more about them. You claimed every feat was pis, and said Surfer not amping himself couldn't take a planet destroying attack... Is this not trolling? Hell, you even said Surfer surviving in the core of a sun couldn't happen... after multiple times it happened...

That is correct. Just because Marvel wrote it, it doesn't make it valid...

You mean like the numerous high durability feats of Surfer that were called PIS?

This calls for an experiment. Let's see what happens.

Surfer survived a super nova uninjured.
Surfer has taken every Hulk attack to no effect (except when he was double depowered and Hulk cheapshotted him)
Surfer took Beta Ray Bill's full on hammer swings to no effect
Surfer flies through suns just because he can
Surfer took multiple attacks from Tenebrous and Aegis and was still awake, and then was exposed to the Crunch's energies.
Surfer took Korvac's cosmic bolt to no effect (which was said to be able to destroy a planet)
Surfer was able to fight inside a black hole
Surfer barely able to walk stayed awake for multiple pages of a pissed off WM beating on him
Surfer withstood a couple blows from a being that both Thanos and Galactus wanted it's power
etc

h1a8
Ya, your only argument was "PIS!!"

How do you know they can knock around Surfer with their mightiest blows? And how does a 'IMO' answer equal it contradicting Surfer's history? Thor proved the first question with average blows.
I don't understand your second question.
Destroying a sun is nothing. All that is needed is a chain reaction to occur. Humans on Star Trek can achieve that with technology. A small black hole can do the trick too. What does this have to do with surviving a supernova at ground zero? I only claim PIS when it contradicts something that is well accepted or shown throughout history. Trust me, I may be wrong on some things but I swear to you I believe they contradict. I wanted Superman to beat SS so badly that I argued tooth and nail for him. Goober showed me some scans that convinced me that SS can win the majority. I didn't cry PIS because what was shown is accepted by what SS can do and doesn't contradict his ability at all. I was still mad though, but accepted defeat. This alone proves I don't cry PIS if I don't legitimately believe it is PIS. There is a such thing as being wrong. I was wrong on Surfer not surviving in the core of the sun. I admitted this already. Trolls don't admit when they are wrong. I would never intentionally post anything that I don't believe in. Call me dumb for thinking stupidly but never call me a troll. Good evidence can and has always convinced me. My point is that if it is acceptable that Thor can affect SS with his hammer blows (not slams) then it contradicts SS being unaffected by a planet explosion. SS might survive the explosion (I was wrong here too) but certainly he will be greatly affected.

1. Can't accept
2. Hulk is variable so this can be accepted
3. Can't be accept for two reasons. First, Thor affected him. Second, SS and Thor/BRB are in the same class (as accepted by all). If neither Thor nor BRB can affect SS with their blows then SS is far far above them and they can't win a fight against him out of 10.
4. Accepted
5. What types of attacks? I need to read the comic (Annihilation right?)
6. What is said is not always what is shown. Plus beings can vary the strength of their blasts for many different reasons (to converse energy is one). Or the strength of their blasts depends on how much energy they have absorbed.
7. Accepted only if SS was manipulating the black hole on some level to be able to do this. For example, affecting the gravity, being partially phased, etc. Because otherwise it would contradict the Thor SS comparison.
8. Accepted
9. Logic here is a little iffy. Power doesn't have to efficiently translate into punching power. Also that would mean that Thanos hurting SS with his blows would contradict this.

quanchi112
Thor proved the first question with average blows.
I don't understand your second question.
Destroying a sun is nothing. All that is needed is a chain reaction to occur. Humans on Star Trek can achieve that with technology. A small black hole can do the trick too. What does this have to do with surviving a supernova at ground zero? I only claim PIS when it contradicts something that is well accepted or shown throughout history. Trust me, I may be wrong on some things but I swear to you I believe they contradict. I wanted Superman to beat SS so badly that I argued tooth and nail for him. Goober showed me some scans that convinced me that SS can win the majority. I didn't cry PIS because what was shown is accepted by what SS can do and doesn't contradict his ability at all. I was still mad though, but accepted defeat. This alone proves I don't cry PIS if I don't legitimately believe it is PIS. There is a such thing as being wrong. I was wrong on Surfer not surviving in the core of the sun. I admitted this already. Trolls don't admit when they are wrong. I would never intentionally post anything that I don't believe in. Call me dumb for thinking stupidly but never call me a troll. Good evidence can and has always convinced me. My point is that if it is acceptable that Thor can affect SS with his hammer blows (not slams) then it contradicts SS being unaffected by a planet explosion. SS might survive the explosion (I was wrong here too) but certainly he will be greatly affected.

1. Can't accept
2. Hulk is variable so this can be accepted
3. Can't be accept for two reasons. First, Thor affected him. Second, SS and Thor/BRB are in the same class (as accepted by all). If neither Thor nor BRB can affect SS with their blows then SS is far far above them and they can't win a fight against him out of 10.
4. Accepted
5. What types of attacks? I need to read the comic (Annihilation right?)
6. What is said is not always what is shown. Plus beings can vary the strength of their blasts for many different reasons (to converse energy is one). Or the strength of their blasts depends on how much energy they have absorbed.
7. Accepted only if SS was manipulating the black hole on some level to be able to do this. For example, affecting the gravity, being partially phased, etc. Because otherwise it would contradict the Thor SS comparison.
8. Accepted
9. Logic here is a little iffy. Power doesn't have to efficiently translate into punching power. Also that would mean that Thanos hurting SS with his blows would contradict this. Not accepting something is poor debating. You can't just pick and choose what you accept and what you do not accept.

Blanket
Thor proved the first one with average blows?
First off, the comic had Thor absolutely stomping Warlock and Surfer. And had Thor later beating Maxam and PG Drax at the same time...
BTW, Thor said that Warrior Madness increases his strength tenfold.
That your opinion apparently contradicts what happens on panel.

A chain reaction? Like Nova shooting it once and it blowing up?
Humans on Star Trek... wow.
A small black hole? First off, have you ever seen a 'small' black hole destroy a sun? Second off, do you realize what a black hole does?
That Nova has the power to make a sun look like a lightbulb?

I don't know what that has to do with anything said here, except that Goober made you look dumb... confused

K, except your trolling when you label every feat presented as pis.
Why would he be greatly effected by a planet? Because of the ONE time Thor knocked him out (ignoring context)? That doesn't equate, and what also doesn't equate is how you're using the Thor feat to claim everything as pis. One feat does not overpower 10. And Thor was pissed off, and it's been said that WM makes him ten times stronger...
As well as Thor's hammer blows are more solid than the outward explosion of the planet, and is all in one place. In other wards, Thor's hammer blow not holding back will cause more damage than a planet exploding on you.

1. Because of?
2. Hulk was pissed off in all three battles off the top of my mind. Let alone the other two or three.
3. Ignoring all I said about the Thor thing, that fight happened before Surfer's Annihilation powerup. Also, you don't have to hurt somebody within two blows to be in their weightclass.
And also also, BRB was nowhere near Surfer for that battle, but that's neither here nor there...
4. Why can you accept him flying through suns to make himself feel better, but have a hard time seeing him be unaffected by a planet exploding?
5. Physical, blasts. It's all in his respect thread, posted by yours truly (can't copy and paste, otherwise...).
6. It's Korvac. no expression
Second, it's Korvac defending a bomb that would destroy a 5th of the universe.
Third, it's Korvac. no expression
7. There you go again comparing the many feats of high durability to the one showing vs Thor.
And even if we did go that route, Thor's hammerstrike don't equal the tearing apart of a black hole and vice versa.
8. Just to play a mind game with you, but WM at that time was considered a top tier, with top tier strength...
9. You're right, it doesn't. However, I don't believe it was just punches, and at the very least, it's still a powerful being.
The thing is, he only took a couple shots from this being, while Thanos teed off on Surfer.

h1a8
Not accepting something is poor debating. You can't just pick and choose what you accept and what you do not accept.

Do you accept Thing beating Thanos in h2h?

h1a8
Thor proved the first one with average blows?
First off, the comic had Thor absolutely stomping Warlock and Surfer. And had Thor later beating Maxam and PG Drax at the same time...
BTW, Thor said that Warrior Madness increases his strength tenfold.
That your opinion apparently contradicts what happens on panel. It was established that Thor wasn't in WM but merely crazy. Also I was referring to an earlier fight between Thor and SS. Again, it is both possible and believable to blow up a Sun with astronomical less energy than the Sun itself. Not really. It was really classy and I appreciate that. I'm a very very humble person and don't care if something makes me look dumb in front of another. I gladly play the role of dummy anytime with pleasure. I never claim ever feat is PIS. Hell, a good percentage I accepted. Why lie and say stuff like this. I'm trying to reach out to you and find a compromise yet you are still being hard. Why? What I've done or said is not to intentionally harm or irritate anyone. Call me stupid but I honestly believe in what I say. Stupidity is found in many. It's not our fault, it's a law of nature.

1. Contradicts the Thor SS comparison which is universally accepted.
2. Hulk is always pissed, otherwise he wouldn't be Hulk. A pissed Hulk's (whatever that means) strength can range from 100tons to whatever.
3. Don't quite understand your reply here. Give me an example of someone being in another's class yet they can't affect them with 2 blows. Using common sense, if one can't affect someone in x blows then they certainly can't affect them in x+1 blows. Thus by induction, they can never affect them.
4. Because the more SS absorbs the higher his durability gets. This is the only reason why I feel Superman can survive in the Sun. Otherwise I would be crying PIS for him too (just to prove I don't have a bias mindset on the issue).
5. I have to look for them. Better yet I need to read the whole comic to prevent any misinterpretation. I'll get back to you on this in a few days at most.
6. If you believe and accept this then do you honestly see a contradiction on the SS Thor comparison?
7. I'm not comparing anything but what is accepted by all. Do you believe that SS and Thor are in the same league? Do you think Thor can affect SS with his hammer strikes?
8. I accept it, no problem there for me. OK?
9. Each hit by Thanos was devastating to Surfer.

Samurai_X
Captain Marvel is the most durable

Surfer has nearly been fried by Storms lightning, was beaten to death by Thanos, and was even put on his ass by Rhino

Thor nearly got broken in half by Juggernaut

Superman has physical durability but has vunerability to magic and red sun light

CM ftw

darthgoober
Originally posted by Samurai_X

Surfer has nearly been fried by Storms lightning, was beaten to death by Thanos, and was even put on his ass by Rhino

Superman has physical durability but has vunerability to magic and red sun light

CM ftw
CM got turned back into a human by the Bat Kick...

Naija boy
Originally posted by Samurai_X

CM ftw

Surfer suffered no damage from storms lightning or from rhino......

quanchi112
Do you accept Thing beating Thanos in h2h? That hasn't occurred so you have no point like usual. Thanos actually pwned the Thing and the Hulk like it was nothing. You go against comics while I don't. The Spiderman and Firelord showings are easy to spot it's just you go against the comics too often.

Batman-Prime
CM got turned back into a human by the Bat Kick...

Who wouldn't? The fact that he survived makes him LT/Spectre Level Imho.

Blanket
Well, this is getting old.
At H1:

The times it was stated that it was Warrior Madness have me confused. Also, the only earlier fight between Thor and Surfer was when Thor didn't touch Surfer once...
Unless you mean an earlier fight with Surfer in the same series, which still means it's the same point. The comics had Thor stomping Warlock/Surfer. Stomping Beta/Surfer, stomping Ares, stomping Drax/Maxam pretty much in a row (different order, but same thing). Plus other battles.

K. So you have no problem with a low level as Nova blowing upa sun, but you had problems with Surfer surviving in a sun, have problems with unamped Surfer surviving a planet exploding, and Surfer taking a nova? Seriously?

Then play the role here, because you have no point at all other than objecting against feats.

You did claim every feat was pis though.
You asked me what was wrong with your post. I told you. You called every feat pis. no expression
BTW, you ignored the point I was trying to make. That you're arguing about every Surfer feat you don't like... just because Thor beat Surfer in that one series. I'm pretty sure I wrote this a couple times, so I don't see a reason to ignore it.

1. Again with the one feat vs 10. Also, the Thor vs Surfer fight isn't universally accepted. For God's sake, Thor one shotted Surfer. no expression
2. K. Hulk said he was hitting Surfer with all his strength. Twice he fought Surfer as Bannerless Hulk. He hit Surfer and then started bending Surfer's board... ya, really pissed off.
3. You want an example? Superman vs Doomsday Death of Superman. Superman ends up killing him. Real life example, Anthony Johnson vs Kevin Burns 2. Also, that is not common sense... you do realize that hits add up, don't you?
4. Except that it hasn't been said that Surfer is absorbing energy... and, you're only objective because you think it's an OMG ending feat when in reality (ironically the only place it's that sort of feat), it is almost nothing in comics.
5. Don't worry, I'll wait a few days... no expression
6. Umm, Korvac is way higher than Thor first off. Second, Korvac is way higher than Thor.
7. I believe they are in the same league. I believe Thor can effect him with hammerstrikes. What I don't accept, is Thor pretty much one shotting Surfer, and making both Warlock and Surfer look like street levels.
8. I realize you accept it, but I'm having a problem seeing how you accept it when Wonderman was put on a really high level back then. Like Hercules/Thor strength level.
9. If every hit was devastating to Surfer, then maybe you're underrating Thanos (no, that'd be impossible)? BTW, I never said it wasn't devastating to Surfer from the ancient God, I said he survived it.

Tha C-Master
You are an idiot. It is official. You don't read SS do you.. he's already survived things you say he can't survive.. just stop posting. gvnRBywkUZ0

Silver Surfer can't take on a rubber duck. shifty

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
gvnRBywkUZ0

Silver Surfer can't take on a rubber duck. shifty

Shit, that game would piss me the hell off.

h1a8
Well, this is getting old.
At H1:

The times it was stated that it was Warrior Madness have me confused. Also, the only earlier fight between Thor and Surfer was when Thor didn't touch Surfer once...
Unless you mean an earlier fight with Surfer in the same series, which still means it's the same point. The comics had Thor stomping Warlock/Surfer. Stomping Beta/Surfer, stomping Ares, stomping Drax/Maxam pretty much in a row (different order, but same thing). Plus other battles. I never seen where it stated it was WM. It just said he was crazy.
Blowing up a sun has absolutely nothing to do with surviving in one. Why do you repeat settled arguments? I conceded that Surfer can survive a planet explosion. Gladly. I object against those feats which contradict which is accepted by all. Lies! If you carefully read my first post you will see that I didn't even claim 50% of feats PIS. It is accepted that a fight between them will be evenly matched. That means a normal Thor can affect SS with his hammer strikes. Are you saying he can't? Hulk is variable and cannot be used. If so then SS not feeling a Pissed Hulk's hits would contradict him feeling Thor's. Superman found his weakness, his pony protrusions is an extension of his skeleton as stated. Thus that example isn't good. I know nothing about the Anthony Johnson and Kevin Burns fight. All professional fighters CAN affect all humans with a single strike. Fact! It doesn't have to say. It is the only way to salvage the story without reaching a contradiction (PIS). Who cares? Just as long as it doesn't contradict the Thor SS relationship. Understood. So SS surviving a nova at ground zero contradicts that understanding. I go with the continuity of comics. So if someone is retconned to be weaker then they were always weaker by the retconn. The same goes with adamantium. Even if SS survived, it still contradicts the earlier reasoning.

r0nm0n88
that video was mad funny

darthgoober
I never seen where it stated it was WM. It just said he was crazy.
Blowing up a sun has absolutely nothing to do with surviving in one. Why do you repeat settled arguments? I conceded that Surfer can survive a planet explosion. Gladly. I object against those feats which contradict which is accepted by all. Lies! If you carefully read my first post you will see that I didn't even claim 50% of feats PIS. It is accepted that a fight between them will be evenly matched. That means a normal Thor can affect SS with his hammer strikes. Are you saying he can't? Hulk is variable and cannot be used. If so then SS not feeling a Pissed Hulk's hits would contradict him feeling Thor's. Superman found his weakness, his pony protrusions is an extension of his skeleton as stated. Thus that example isn't good. I know nothing about the Anthony Johnson and Kevin Burns fight. All professional fighters CAN affect all humans with a single strike. Fact! It doesn't have to say. It is the only way to salvage the story without reaching a contradiction (PIS). Who cares? Just as long as it doesn't contradict the Thor SS relationship. Understood. So SS surviving a nova at ground zero contradicts that understanding. I go with the continuity of comics. So if someone is retconned to be weaker then they were always weaker by the retconn. The same goes with adamantium. Even if SS survived, it still contradicts the earlier reasoning.
Surfer getting getting hurt by Thor via physical force from his hammer isn't comparible to surviving something like a supernova. One is physical damage from a magical hammer(and while Surfer's not particularly vulnerable to magic, he's not invulnerable against it either) and one is primarily energy based "blasting" damage.

h1a8
Surfer getting getting hurt by Thor via physical force from his hammer isn't comparible to surviving something like a supernova. One is physical damage from a magical hammer(and while Surfer's not particularly vulnerable to magic, he's not invulnerable against it either) and one is primarily energy based "blasting" damage.

Good point! But I don't believe it is the magic in the hammer that is hurting SS. I believe Supernovas contains both energy based and physical based damage. The physical base occurs when the star emits heavy elements such as iron. I could be wrong though and a nova could be all energy based. If so then I agree with you and can accept it fully.

Blanket
One thing (because your whole argument hinges on it anyway):

How did you yet again ignore that you're using one low feat to contradict every high feat you don't like? It's not like I didn't write it out for you to see or anything about four times already... If one feat is being used against 10, then that probably means that the one feat is pis... not the other way around. no expression

h1a8
One thing (because your whole argument hinges on it anyway):

How did you yet again ignore that you're using one low feat to contradict every high feat you don't like? It's not like I didn't write it out for you to see or anything about four times already... If one feat is being used against 10, then that probably means that the one feat is pis... not the other way around. no expression

I'm not quite doing that. What I was doing was comparing a supernova to Thor's hits and going by popular opinion. If thor affecting surfer with a hammer strike is a low showing and thus PIS then SS should beat Thor 10/10. But most people don't think so. Actually, a slight majority may give thor the edge. Me personally, I believe SS can beat Thor 8-9/10.

quanchi112
I'm not quite doing that. What I was doing was comparing a supernova to Thor's hits and going by popular opinion. If thor affecting surfer with a hammer strike is a low showing and thus PIS then SS should beat Thor 10/10. But most people don't think so. Actually, a slight majority may give thor the edge. Me personally, I believe SS can beat Thor 8-9/10. So basically you pick and choose which feats count and which don't. That's called being biased.

h1a8
So basically you pick and choose which feats count and which don't. That's called being biased.

You do the same. Always.

But anyway, I was trying to be consistent to popular opinion. You are the hypocrite since you said that Thor is more powerful than SS and that he should win a majority against him. Well if this is your opinion then it would contradict certain feats by SS now wouldn't it?

quanchi112
You do the same. Always.

But anyway, I was trying to be consistent to popular opinion. You are the hypocrite since you said that Thor is more powerful than SS and that he should win a majority against him. Well if this is your opinion then it would contradict certain feats by SS now wouldn't it? Thor has shown himself to be far more powerful than the Surfer in combat as well as in other feats of power. smile

Of course you wouldn't know as these things have taken place in the wonderful world of comics not some outdated handbook.

h1a8
Thor has shown himself to be far more powerful than the Surfer in combat as well as in other feats of power. smile

Of course you wouldn't know as these things have taken place in the wonderful world of comics not some outdated handbook.

Well then, SS surviving a ground zero nova is PIS unless it is only blast damage.

But the majority of the weight on the result of a comic fight is usually based off popularity. A comic company is in business to make money. Remember that.

One cosmic bolt can hold Thor against his hammer for a small moment. Thor becomes a sitting duck for a moment. SS can do anything he wants to Thor. In a battle, I see SS always winning against Thor.

Blanket
I'm not quite doing that. What I was doing was comparing a supernova to Thor's hits and going by popular opinion. If thor affecting surfer with a hammer strike is a low showing and thus PIS then SS should beat Thor 10/10. But most people don't think so. Actually, a slight majority may give thor the edge. Me personally, I believe SS can beat Thor 8-9/10. You were comparing every feat you didn't like to Thor's hits (which btw, have done more damage than Supernovas... if you really want to get into it), from that one series. And it's only popular opinion by big Thor fans if you want to go the route of a no upgrade.

I don't think you understand what even happened in those fights. Thor didn't merely affect Surfer with hammerstrikes... he almost took his head off with hammerstrikes. And you're logic isn't right anyway. How does that equate into a 10/10 for Surfer if it's PIS?

BTW, most people actually think the entire arc was PIS... if you want to get into the popular opinion portion.

D_Dude1210
How ever did this become a Surfer vs Thor power fight debate??

As for durability, One of Surfer's top durability feat was withstanding the pounding he recieved from Tenebrous and Aegis as well as (for a short moment) survive manipulating energy that can killed them (the crunch). 2 Galactus level beings. The thing is with the Surfer, his durability feats fluctuate a LOT from being KO'd by a laser pistol to the back of the head to being able to soak an entire alien battle fleet's main guns focus firing on him without so much as being annoyed by it (this happened in the issue with the Impossible Man). I believe this has a lot to do with how mch PC he uses to amp his durability but I believe self-amps (using his own power) count for any kind of feat here.

IMO, I'd say the Surfer is the more durable.

h1a8
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
. Most think Thor and SS are evenly match yet some of his feats contradict that theory. Either SS is far above Thor or his feats are somewhat on the PIS side. Not allowing either would bring along a contradiction. But you may have a point. His durability depends on how much energy he has absorbed (how much he is amped).

Philosophía
Superman.

Starscream M
Thor's hits (which btw, have done more damage than Supernovas... that's ridiculous.

Mshinu
1: SS
2: Supes
3: Thor

Not quite sure where CM fits in but probably closer to Supes than SS

quanchi112
Well then, SS surviving a ground zero nova is PIS unless it is only blast damage.

But the majority of the weight on the result of a comic fight is usually based off popularity. A comic company is in business to make money. Remember that.

One cosmic bolt can hold Thor against his hammer for a small moment. Thor becomes a sitting duck for a moment. SS can do anything he wants to Thor. In a battle, I see SS always winning against Thor. You haven't proven so. You keep stating things and that's pretty much it.

Thor is more powerful than the Surfer, has stomped him in combat, and has higher power feats so what aren't you getting?

Naija boy

As for durability, One of Surfer's top durability feat was withstanding the pounding he recieved from Tenebrous and Aegis as well as (for a short moment) survive manipulating energy that can killed them (the crunch). 2 Galactus level beings. The thing is with the Surfer, his durability feats fluctuate a LOT from being KO'd by a laser pistol to the back of the head to being able to soak an entire alien battle fleet's main guns focus firing on him without so much as being annoyed by it (this happened in the issue with the Impossible Man). I believe this has a lot to do with how mch PC he uses to amp his durability but I believe self-amps (using his own power) count for any kind of feat here.

IMO, I'd say the Surfer is the more durable.

Actually friend i have to disagree with u there. Surfers durability is usually portrayed rather consistently. Indeed he does have low feats like the laser pistol feat (which btw was an elder of the universe weapon so likely wasnt just a regular gun) like all heroes do, but he has quite a consistent level of extremely high durability that he is normally written at. Further, his best feats have little to do with amping since such was never mentioned or even insinuated.

D_Dude1210
Actually friend i have to disagree with u there. Surfers durability is usually portrayed rather consistently. Indeed he does have low feats like the laser pistol feat (which btw was an elder of the universe weapon so likely wasnt just a regular gun) like all heroes do, but he has quite a consistent level of extremely high durability that he is normally written at. Further, his best feats have little to do with amping since such was never mentioned or even insinuated.

Well, I'd have to believe in the amping/consistency portrayal of the Surfer's powers. While I DO believe that the Surfer's durability is wayyy up there consistently, he's been shown to have some inconsistencies on the levels of durability.

One example would be the Impossible Man issue. At the beginning of his encounter with the alien fleet, they opened fire at him with all their guns. W/c he came out with nothing more than an exasperated look on his face. In the very same issue, a single weapon battery from a single alien ship managed to knock the wind out of him (or equivalent to this) and knock him off his board (tho it did very little damage). Granted, he was caught unawares. But on a consistency basis, someone who manages to shrug off the full focusfire of a whole fleet should just as easily shrug off one shot from a single weapon battery.

I believe the fluctuation in durability may be due to an amp he recieves from his PC. I DO agree that his BASE unamped durability is still shown to be at a consistently higher level than either Thor or Supes as he manages to easily tank the most brutal Blows of Green Skar Hulk without so much as a scratch.

r0nm0n88
i think supes is more durable against blunt force( like a fist)
and surfer is more durable against energy and explosions( like a nova)
So they tie for number 1
then....
CM and
thor

Naija boy
Well, I'd have to believe in the amping/consistency portrayal of the Surfer's powers. While I DO believe that the Surfer's durability is wayyy up there consistently, he's been shown to have some inconsistencies on the levels of durability.

One example would be the Impossible Man issue. At the beginning of his encounter with the alien fleet, they opened fire at him with all their guns. W/c he came out with nothing more than an exasperated look on his face. In the very same issue, a single weapon battery from a single alien ship managed to knock the wind out of him (or equivalent to this) and knock him off his board (tho it did very little damage). Granted, he was caught unawares. But on a consistency basis, someone who manages to shrug off the full focusfire of a whole fleet should just as easily shrug off one shot from a single weapon battery.

I believe the fluctuation in durability may be due to an amp he recieves from his PC. I DO agree that his BASE unamped durability is still shown to be at a consistently higher level than either Thor or Supes as he manages to easily tank the most brutal Blows of Green Skar Hulk without so much as a scratch.

I have a vague remembrance of the issue ur referring to and dont currently have my comics on this computer, but from the description i think that it was rather do to him not bracing himself for the attack that he was knocked off his board the second time. Neither of the times he was attacked was he actually effectively hurt. by the blasts and i think that is key.In an attack in which he would have braced himself like the first one,he would be able to avoid being knocked off while an attack that would catch him unawares like the second one (even if less powerful than the first) might be able to knock him off his board. Both however didnt do any real damage.

Now ur theory is logical, but the reason that i think it doesnt apply here is that, first of all both of the attacks by the space fleet (the singular and combined) are attacks considerably below what surfer has shown to brush off in the past (with no amping shown). He regularly flies thru stars and comes out none the worse for wear. Hence him needing to amp in order to take the blasts of a spacefleet is out of place and would suggest a level of durability alot lower than what he is regularly portrayed at. Subsequently it would indicate that in order to achieve the level of durability that is regularly seen from him, surfer is amping his durability constantly. However since we do not visibly see any indication of amping on panel, it would further connote that the default condition surfer is usually seen in is an already amped state. I find it hard to believe that surfer is always amped even though this hasnt been shown on panel.

Rather I think its these rare fluctuations in his durability are just more of the low showings that every character has.

D_Dude1210
I have a vague remembrance of the issue ur referring to and dont currently have my comics on this computer, but from the description i think that it was rather do to him not bracing himself for the attack that he was knocked off his board the second time. Neither of the times he was attacked was he actually effectively hurt. by the blasts and i think that is key.In an attack in which he would have braced himself like the first one,he would be able to avoid being knocked off while an attack that would catch him unawares like the second one (even if less powerful than the first) might be able to knock him off his board. Both however didnt do any real damage.

Now ur theory is logical, but the reason that i think it doesnt apply here is that, first of all both of the attacks by the space fleet (the singular and combined) are attacks considerably below what surfer has shown to brush off in the past (with no amping shown). He regularly flies thru stars and comes out none the worse for wear. Hence him needing to amp in order to take the blasts of a spacefleet is out of place and would suggest a level of durability alot lower than what he is regularly portrayed at. Subsequently it would indicate that in order to achieve the level of durability that is regularly seen from him, surfer is amping his durability constantly. However since we do not visibly see any indication of amping on panel, it would further connote that the default condition surfer is usually seen in is an already amped state. I find it hard to believe that surfer is always amped even though this hasnt been shown on panel.

Rather I think its these rare fluctuations in his durability are just more of the low showings that every character has.

You give space fleet weaponry too little credit. In Annihilation, space fleet weaponry was doing damage to heralds after a while. Also, the issue in question didn't show Surfer bracing himself at all. After the fleet barrage ended, he just stood there, arms crossed, with an exasperated look on his face. stick out tongue

But yeah, I agree about low showings. Surfer has em. But we're talking about a fluctuation of durability within the same issue. He effortlessly tanked the whole fleet's focusfire barrage. There is no reason why a single shot form a single weapons battery should knock him off his board and knock the wind out of him.

Naija boy
You give space fleet weaponry too little credit. In Annihilation, space fleet weaponry was doing damage to heralds after a while. Also, the issue in question didn't show Surfer bracing himself at all. After the fleet barrage ended, he just stood there, arms crossed, with an exasperated look on his face. stick out tongue

But yeah, I agree about low showings. Surfer has em. But we're talking about a fluctuation of durability within the same issue. He effortlessly tanked the whole fleet's focusfire barrage. There is no reason why a single shot form a single weapons battery should knock him off his board and knock the wind out of him.

Meh, space weaponry aside from the most powerful if ships shouldnt be doing jack to surfer imo. And by bracing himself i mean that he may have been prepared for the attack and hence would brace himself for impact. Its similar to the way a brick like hulk or superman can get seemingly rocked from one unexpected shot, but take multiple of those very same shots after having seen the attack coming (braced themselves)

I honestly see surfer being knocked off his board by a single space ship blast as way to low of a feat to determine if he was amping or not.

Blanket
This thread gets like a post a day posted strategically so it stays on the front page at all times.

abhilegend
Bump. Because this is a ****ing hilarious thread. Bran going all Carver was pretty amusing and here is best post forever.

Originally posted by carver9

1. Cyclops Full Optic blast - All are injured pretty bad but they are awake (Surfer wont feel it)
2. 20 punches from WWhulk- Superman/Captain Marvel are koed on the 4th punch. Thor drops on the 8th and Surfer remains awake (probably thor remains awake also)
4. Goku's ss3 kamehameha wink- All of them are dead at none Super sayain goku Kamehameha except Silver Surfer
7. Super Nova ground zero-All of them die instantly except Surfer (he survives with a smile).
9. Full Blast from Thanos and Darkseid(no OBP)-Darkseid isnt needed, thanos one shot all of them.

laughing out loud

abhilegend
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/1324335/just-bring-it-o.gif

Delta1938
Originally posted by abhilegend
Bump. Because this is a ****ing hilarious thread. Bran going all Carver was pretty amusing and here is best post forever.

laughing out loud

eek! laughing As if we needed more proof for Carter's incompetence.

apex_pretador
My replies in CAPS

1. Cyclops Full Optic blast LOL, ANYONE CAN EASILY
2. 20 punches from WWhulk ALL OF THEM CAN, WITH SOME DAMAGE TO ALL
3. Megaton Nuke ground zero THEY IGNORE IT
4. Goku's ss3 kamehameha wink SUPERMAN DIES, THOR GETS KO'D AND SURFER SURVIVES
5. Planet explosion ALL OF THEM
6. Sun Core ALL OF THEM
7. Super Nova ground zero SURFER EASILY. THOR CAN DO WITH SOME DIFFICULTY, AND SUPERMAN GETS KO'D IF IT IS A YELLOW SUN GOING SUPERNOVA AND DIES IF IT IS RED SUN.
8. A year in a Black Hole SURFER
9. Full Blast from Thanos and Darkseid(no OBP) THANOS KILLS THEM ALL
10. Anti-Matter Wave DON'T KNOW

EDIT: Forgot about billy, nevermind.

abhilegend
Originally posted by apex_pretador
My replies in CAPS

6. Sun Core ALL OF THEM
7. Super Nova ground zero SURFER EASILY. THOR CAN DO WITH SOME DIFFICULTY, AND SUPERMAN GETS KO'D IF IT IS A YELLOW SUN GOING SUPERNOVA AND DIES IF IT IS RED SUN.

laughing out loud

Surfer and Thor have never tanked a supernova. Superman has tanked a blast equivalent to 50 supernova and has tanked a red sun supernova as well.

Surfer has the worst record against black holes than everyone here.

RealityWarper
Superman never tanked the energy of 50 supernovas.

He outraced the explosion to avoid being killed.

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/47/1479947911-lel.jpg

quanchi112
Surfer. Nice job exposing Abhi and his lies, reality.

carver9
Originally posted by RealityWarper

I thought everyone knew this.

carver9
Originally posted by apex_pretador
My replies in CAPS

6. Sun Core ALL OF THEM

Every piece of this is wrong.

carver9
Tried to quote Phili but he was right, all stop at Goku. Gohan had the power to shed a solar system and this form of Goku is significantly more powerful. All of them is turned to dust after a blast from him.

quanchi112
I thought everyone knew this. Of course not but the scans that decimate abhi's lies always sting him.

apex_pretador
Every piece of this is wrong. And why would it be?
Speculation?
Opinion?
Facts?
Fanboyism?

t0sh
Thor is more durable than the Silver Surfer. Thor wasn't hurt when they fell through the atmosphere but the Surfer was damaged and had a dent on his head.

http://s1355.photobucket.com/user/Matthews1986/media/ThorvsSilverSurfer18_zps6646b4cc.jpg.html

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by t0sh
Thor is more durable than the Silver Surfer. Thor wasn't hurt when they fell through the atmosphere but the Surfer was damaged and had a dent on his head.

http://s1355.photobucket.com/user/Matthews1986/media/ThorvsSilverSurfer18_zps6646b4cc.jpg.html

Surfer had a dent on his head because of Thor headbutting him. Nothing to do with them falling.

t0sh
Surfer was hurt from falling, Thor wasn't.

t0sh
Surfer has withstood Super Nova's:

http://i.imgur.com/JAjQw9q.png
http://i.imgur.com/KUACx2C.jpg

But so has Thor, and he has even survived dozens of Super Nova's:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/126716/4244651-thor+super+nova.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11120/111200398/4218438-4907769076-35287.jpg

Thor survives the weight of a neutron star

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/126716/4244659-thor_estrella_neutrones_1.jpg

Whereas the best that I could find for the SS was surving a back hand from Galactus:

http://i.imgur.com/6FVbAS8.jpg

But Thor has survived Celestial level attacks, so Thor's durability over rides that:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/109250/2289115-ThorDurability20-300.jpg

Conclusion: Thor is the most durable here.

Genii96
Surfer is he most durable

DarkSaint85

Right behind what, was the radiation? What is the 'it' named in the box?

Knew what?

abhilegend
laughing out loud

Oh the cheerleader. He literally cut out the previous panel where sun eater gets destroyed and Superman is literally at the heart of the sun eater.

http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/16030467_ActionComics847d.jpg

The Sun eater was the size of a nebula.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/16230766/14.jpg.html

Originally posted by t0sh
Surfer has withstood Super Nova's:

http://i.imgur.com/JAjQw9q.png
http://i.imgur.com/KUACx2C.jpg

But so has Thor, and he has even survived dozens of Super Nova's:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/126716/4244651-thor+super+nova.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11120/111200398/4218438-4907769076-35287.jpg

Thor survives the weight of a neutron star

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/126716/4244659-thor_estrella_neutrones_1.jpg

Whereas the best that I could find for the SS was surving a back hand from Galactus:

http://i.imgur.com/6FVbAS8.jpg

But Thor has survived Celestial level attacks, so Thor's durability over rides that:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/109250/2289115-ThorDurability20-300.jpg

Conclusion: Thor is the most durable here.
crylaugh

The supernova Thor faced was an illusion and he actually died in that illusion.

Surfer didn't tank a supernova in either scenes.

staxamillion
I gotta go. Me and my boi are gonna go play NBA 2K9. I can't wait till the reply though.

that 2k9 tho

Delta1938
In addition to what Abhi exposed RealityWarper leaving out, Superman took a number of red solar radiation blasts, so wasn't in the best shape.

This is a different lie from the last lie you whored out to try and dismiss the feat.

RealityWarper
laughing out loud

Oh the cheerleader. He literally cut out the previous panel where sun eater gets destroyed and Superman is literally at the heart of the sun eater.

The size of the Sun-Eater doesn't matter.

You claimed that Superman tanked the power of 50 supernovas which is not true.

We clearly see Superman outracing the radiation and the narrator stating that if the energy reached him, he would be killed.

You are right on this one Abhi.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Right behind what, was the radiation? What is the 'it' named in the box?

Knew what?

Right behind the electromagnetic shockwave

The first "It" is the electromagnetic shockwave.

The second "it" is the expanding ball of radiation.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/emp

electromagnetic pulse: a burst of electromagnetic energy produced by a nuclear explosion in the atmosphere,
considered capable of widespread damage to power lines, telecommunications, and electronic equipment.

Except if Superman is a robot, the EMP is completely harmless.

carver9
laughing out loud

crylaugh

The supernova Thor faced was an illusion and he actually died in that illusion.

Surfer didn't tank a supernova in either scenes.

The scan tells us he was hit by the shockwaves. You seem like a smart guy. Do I need to explain what shockwaves are?

RealityWarper
The scan tells us he was hit by the shockwaves. You seem like a smart guy. Do I need to explain what shockwaves are?

Electromagnetic shockwaves.

Harmless to everything but electronics.

Surtur
His cassette player was rendered useless.

Sin I AM
1. Cyclops Full Optic blast - They all shrug it off.
2. 20 punches from World War Hulk - Neither are harmed in any important way, but Norrin comes out looking better. I mean he is shiny.
3. Megaton Nuke ground zero - They all shrug it off.
4. Goku's ss3 kamehameha - The ****?
5. Planet explosion - I know Superman, Thor, and Norrin can all shrug it off. Don't know if Marvel's ever taken such an attack. But he probably tanks it as well.
6. Sun Core - I know Superman, Thor and Norrin are all unharmed. I don't know Marvel's durability towards heat, but his probably around there level and should be fine.
7. Super Nova ground zero - Silver Surfer. Super Nova's and cosmic things are his shtick.
8. A year in a Black Hole - None of them have survived in something like a black hole for this long.
9. Full Blast from Thanos and Darkseid(no OBP) - From both at the same time? I think Thor has the best chance of being alive.
10. Anti-Matter Wave - Anti-Monitor anti-matter wave from CoIE? Neither survive.

They're all in the same ball park. Thor has the greatest damage soak in my opinion, while Norrin comes out looking the best when it comes to cosmetic details.

☝

Faceless808
Right behind the electromagnetic shockwave

The first "It" is the electromagnetic shockwave.

The second "it" is the expanding ball of radiation.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/emp

electromagnetic pulse: a burst of electromagnetic energy produced by a nuclear explosion in the atmosphere,
considered capable of widespread damage to power lines, telecommunications, and electronic equipment.

Except if Superman is a robot, the EMP is completely harmless.

I think you are strongly underselling the feat. There's a big difference between a man-made EMP and the EM shockwave created by an exploding sun-eater the size of a nebula. BWT, it states that the power was nearly that of 50 Kepler supernovas. I don't think any of the above characters would survive that.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by Faceless808
I think you are strongly underselling the feat. There's a big difference between a man-made EMP and the EM shockwave created by an exploding sun-eater the size of a nebula. BWT, it states that the power was nearly that of 50 Kepler supernovas. I don't think any of the above characters would survive that.

The Electromagnetic Shockwaves can't wound a living being. That's their nature.

cdtm

That's not the first time Clark was inside a Sun Eater.

The thing collapsed entirely on him in Time and Time Again.

DarkSaint85
Yes, but the explosions produced several effects.

The first is the shockwave. Shown by Superman recoiling from hurt. THIS is from an explosion 50 times the Kepler supernova.

The second is the EM wave. Which hits at the speed of light.

The third is the radiation. Which, when stacked on top of him already being weakened, plus the blast, would kill him.

After all, nukes don't just produce EM waves and rads, lol. There's an actual physical component as well.

If there is no physical shock, and EM waves don't hurt physical beings - why is he being thrown back with a hurt expression on his face? Is he having a poo?

Delta1938

psycho gundam
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/1324335/just-bring-it-o.gif Necrobumping to argue with Carver of all people is weak as hell

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>