X-Men Origins: Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jello
I guess there was an interview in October where the producers basically said that this movie may never get made and of all the possibilities may be pushed to the bottom of the list or whatever. That and McKellen says he's too old. It's really too bad because of all the stories they could have done with the X-Men franchise, this was the most grounded and able to get some better acceptance and recognition.

I had an idea about this awhile back and may have posted it somewhere. I'd like to hear your opinions on this idea-

The movie starts with young Max Eisenhardt and his family living in Germany where he meets and befriends a young Romani girl named Magda Lensherr. They move to Poland after Kristalnacht but are rounded up into the Warsaw Ghetto after the Germany invades. Max works as a smuggler in the ghetto, using his "intuition" to find metal coins. His family is then deported to Auschwitz and the first scene from the first X-Men movie takes place.

Max is mysteriously spared execution and put to work as a Sonderkommando due to his skill in finding gold and silver fillings and jewlery on corpses. He soon finds out that Magda is in the women's camp and he is being shielded by a scientist nicknamed Nosferatu, a mutant over a century old who is secretly in command of Josef Mengele. He subjects Max to experiments until he and Magda escape during a camp revolt in 1945.

He begins a family in Vilnius where his anti-semitic co-workers ignite his home, trapping his daughter inside. He loses control and murders the entire village as Magda escapes, pregnant and terrified. He hires a forger to create the Erik Lensherr identity in order to elude prosecution, going into hiding for years, ashamed of his crimes.

In the 1960's, he's sought out and hired by a secret black ops project run by Truett Hudson and a young William Stryker. They are Nazi hunters and offer Erik the opportunity to avenge himself on the killers of his parents and on Nosferatu, giving him intel showing that Nosferatu is actually Nathaniel Essex, a hundred year old British scientist and nobleman who has been secretly conducting experiments in an effort to construct the perfect human weapon for years. He now goes under the name of Sinister and has used his research from experiments with Max to create a working model of bonding human bone with metal. Erik, going under the code name Magneto manages to stop and kill him, only to find out that the programs true operation was to steel Sinister's work for its own ends. Disgusted with humanity once more, he leaves for Israel, seeking to devote himself to God, a teacher.
Flash forward to 1992...(continued in the X-men movie: Magneto comic)

Darth Jello
40 views and no comments.

BruceSkywalker
this maybe pushed back until after X-Men 1st Class is made

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Darth Jello
40 views and no comments.
Cuz no one cares about Magneto. It's all about Wolverine.

I'm still lookin' forward to the movie, though. I have doubts about it sucking the way X-Men Origins Wolverine did, especially if Ian McKellen reprises his role of the character again, or at least to some extent.

Darth Jello
He's not going to. He says he's too old and this movie is currently the least likely of several X-Men ideas to get made.

Do you think my idea would work as a movie though? Especially in crossing over to something beyond a comic book flick?

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, I definitely think it would work, more or less. That's too bad to hear about McKellen though, but I guess he has a point there.

Omgu8mynewt
Well he couldn't exactly play the younger Magneto anyway so I'm not sure how much that would affect his film.
Aside from Xmen fans, not sure how much appeal and interest the character of Magneto has to audiences

Darth Jello
I think the goal would be to not market it as an X-Men movie since unless they decided to go the stupid way, the story wouldn't focus on X-Men and superheroics but would rather focus on the holocaust and morality, prejudice, humanity, and all that other oscar winning bullshit.

Kazenji
decided to go the stupid way, the story wouldn't focus on X-Men and superheroics but would rather focus on the holocaust and morality, prejudice, humanity, and all that other oscar winning bullshit.

I don't see how thats the stupid way

all they have to do is focus on Mageneto and also throw in lil about holocaust and morality, prejudice, humanity.

Darth Jello
I don't think the tone would be appropriate if it turned into a tights and fights special effects fest.

Ridley_Prime
Agreed. -.-

Doctor-Alvis
It's a shame because this movie was the one I was looking forward to the most out of all the X-Men movies.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, same here. I didn't want to have to wait for First Class to come out first, but I guess we have no choice at this point.

Darth Jello
Again, it's not a matter of waiting at this point, it's in development hell. The movie as it stands now has as much chance of being made as Beetlejuice Goes Hawaiian.

Kazenji
I don't think the tone would be appropriate if it turned into a tights and fights special effects fest.

I'm sure Erik was'nt wearing his tights during WW2....

DarthLazious
Originally posted by Kazenji
I'm sure Erik was'nt wearing his tights during WW2....

Of course not..This is a prequel backstory after all.

Darth Jello
He wasn't Erik yet either.

Omgu8mynewt
He wasn't erik yet? i thought that was his real name!

Darth Jello
Originally posted by Omgu8mynewt
He wasn't erik yet? i thought that was his real name!

In the comics, in my idea, and hopefully in any future movies, Magneto's real name is Max Eisenhardt and he is Jewish. He had a forger create the identity of Erik Magnus Lensherr, a Sinte Gypsy for himself in order to cover up his massacre of a village near Vilnius, Soviet Belarus when the townsfolk prevented him from saving his young daughter from a fire.

Darth Jello
In a way, it was kind of obviously fake. On the one hand, Lensherr was supposedly his wife's name, on the other hand, as far as I know, Lensherr means king in Romani and no one from humble backgrounds from that time period would have that last name. The Sinte thing was done for political reasons because Marvel didn't want to seem anti-semitic or anti-isreal by having a Jewish villain even though it was damn obvious from previous comics that Mags is definitely Jewish. The retcon was done after a change in management in the late 90's as far as I know. I think in the comics, Mags pretty much tells everyone that Erik Lensherr is horseshit and then tracks down the original forger and kills him just to make sure that no one finds out his identity or tries to seek damages for the Vilnius attack.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.