Kubik vs galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rotiart
All galactus appearances outside his omniverse eating feat series

Knowsbleed33
On panel speechification says Galactus wins. Feats suggest he's no match for a cube being.

Slaanesh
i think Galactus is about as powerful as a normal Celestial..so..he stomp Kubik..

Blanket
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
On panel speechification says Galactus wins. Feats suggest he's no match for a cube being. Cube beings are just amazing aren't they? With their... two impressive feats?

Knowsbleed33
Cosmic cube = cube being.

thanos-prime
Galactus

Blanket
I realize.

But their feats in those forms are lacking to say the least (actually, the cubes as a whole kind of). Kubik has like two or three feats. And then there's Kosmos...

Following the logic of feats only btw, he outweighs the Celestials too. Or I guess, range of feats, rather than something you can guage...

Knowsbleed33
And yet, most people rate Galactus around the level of mid-Celestial.

Hmmm.

Blanket
k, that disputes all against Kubik

Knowsbleed33
Not really, a single cube imprisoned hundreds of Celestials.

Blanket
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Not really, a single cube imprisoned hundreds of Celestials. Wasn't that in an alternate reality where the Celestials were basically a giant fence?

Slaanesh
but Kubik says that they are nothing compare to a Celestial..maybe a cosmic cube and a cube being have a totally different power level..

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by Blanket
Wasn't that in an alternate reality where the Celestials were basically a giant fence?

It was the future. The Celestials were being used to prevent the universe from collapsing due to the Inhuman T-bomb.

Blanket
Alternate reality

Knowsbleed33
Future.

Blanket
Concession accepted

Knowsbleed33
Fail.

Blanket
Alternate reality Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Future. Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Fail.

Concession accepted

rotiart
Well to add to the debate... Feats of the cubes used in te captain america saga with red skull are admissable... The feats under korvac thanos et al. Are not...

I know it isn't much but... :-)

Knowsbleed33
Wasn't that in an alternate reality where the Celestials were basically a giant fence? Originally posted by Blanket
Alternate reality Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Fail.

guy222
Kubik beat the Beyonder

Celestials>>Kubik

Timaut the Communicator = Jack Kirby

hmm

Hiro Kala remember him just met Big G

Utrigita
I have a somewhat different view of Cosmic containment units in comparison to Cosmic cube beings, Mephisto imo made it quite clear that the power usable to the CCB is lesser then the power that a CCU can utilize in a given situation because the CCB imposes limitations on itself subconsciously.

Their feats also are imo very different in scale, Five CCU contained Eternity and Infinity I don't see five Kubik's doing that, I furthermore doesn't see Kubik by himself stacking three other universes on top of the 616 and merging them together.

As for the thread it will as Knowsbleed said come down to what you largely choose to look at, going by statements Galactus backhands Kubik off the field, with the one feat from Kubik however and the multiply feats from Galactus it gets more complicated, I will however point out that Galactus broke the power of Five Cosmic Cubes, quite impressive imo, better then what Kubik did, but again that is one feat in a ocean of many where kubik only, as Blanket mentioned, have a few and the only one used is a one instance warping of a universe.

guy222
Wonderful points as always eternal friend

Its who u treasure the most

I respect ur views so much

smile

SoulDevourer
Kubik outa win this one (in F4 it was proved cubes > Galactus)

galactusischere
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
Kubik outa win this one (in F4 it was proved cubes > Galactus) Bull and PIS. Galactus>celestials>Kubik and hes peers. It was stated on panel.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by galactusischere
Bull and PIS. take it up with the writers, they said it Happy Dance

only 2nd part was state onpanel

show where its state Galactus > Celestials

galactusischere
take it up with the writers, they said it Happy Dance

only 2nd part was state onpanel

show where its state Galactus > Celestials
Galan Galactus> Franklin Galactus> that reality's celestials.
Galactus ate Tiamut the most powerful celestial.
Galactus is essential to MU.
Celestials are Eternity's creations while Galactus is hes peer.
Magus needed a few cosmic cubes to destroy Galactus's ship. Galactus recreated it after a short while.
Galactus has the UN.

SoulDevourer
dood thats a lot o ABC big grin w/eOriginally posted by galactusischere
Galan Galactus> Franklin Galactus> that reality's celestials.altarnate reality. dint u yurself say once, altarnate versions are weaker then the originals? ^^but thats future version of galactus right? huh he coud eat realities or somethin. plus Tiamut himself gave Galactus dat power iircsuperman is essential to DC ^^on panel it says MAYBE their his creation (anyway only full fed galactus is *suppose* to be = eternity). fair point thobut Doom only need one cube to pwn galactus big grin (plus it was a young cube lol) so?

SoulDevourer
btw dint galactus say odin is his equal? yet galactus power easily defeats odin, so...jus cause they say fullfed galactus = eternity, dont mean THAT much

galactusischere
btw dint galactus say odin is his equal? yet galactus power easily defeats odin, so...jus cause they say fullfed galactus = eternity, dont mean THAT much

When did Galactus say that Odin was hes equal?

If Galactus and Eternity have an all out battle, Galactus would just eat Eternity. He has the feat to prove it.

SoulDevourer
When did Galactus say that Odin was hes equal?duh i think he said that after galactus try to take on asgard but tbh im not sure now sad

but u mean the *future* galactus right? he coud eat eternity becos he can eat universes

galactusischere
duh i think he said that after galactus try to take on asgard but tbh im not sure now sad

but u mean the *future* galactus right? he coud eat eternity becos he can eat universes

Galactus is also essential to the multi-verse as is 616 eternity. Kubik isn't

Kris Blaze
Are you gonna take that Bran?

SoulDevourer
Galactus is also essential to the multi-verse as is 616 eternity. Kubik isn't and yet...like malestrom said, galactus like the lowest lifeforms also needs to eat! dont u think its weird that some1 so "essentiel" as big G also needs to eat? laughing out loud I mean look @ Shuma for exemple, he just creates his own energy, why cant galactus use the PC to make his own energy?

Utrigita
altarnate reality. dint u yurself say once, altarnate versions are weaker then the originals? ^^

Then the point shouldn't be difficult to get. If Galactus in Earth X is above that universes version of the Celestials, then Galactusischere rationalise that the same applies for the 616 Galactus and Celestials.

but thats future version of galactus right? huh he coud eat realities or somethin. plus Tiamut himself gave Galactus dat power iirc

Tiamut didn't give Galactus a power that has been a part of his powerset since he began to exist, what Tiamut did (to a hungry Galactus btw) was to alter the way the hunger affects his mental state, giving him the impression of being constantly hungry.

superman is essential to DC ^^

Does Superman has a part to play the day his Universe ends? Did the Source prevent Superman from dying when Doomsday killed him, like it brought back Darkseid? Nope. Did it have any consequances for the universe? Nope. Did it have consequances when Galactus died? Yep.

on panel it says MAYBE their his creation (anyway only full fed galactus is *suppose* to be = eternity). fair point tho

Hey if you choose to not believe what Eternity says to be true that is your opinion.

but Doom only need one cube to pwn galactus big grin (plus it was a young cube lol) so?

Except that Doom stated that the power of the Cosmic Cube was but a miniscular part of the power he would attain when attaining the power of Galactus, and the younger the Cube the stronger it is, because the older it gets, it's presses down more and more limitations on it's power.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Utrigita

Hey if you choose to not believe what Eternity says to be true that is your opinion.but its not eternity its ONPANEL! it says "maybe" their his creation!
i did say "fair point" btwand yet that statement is contradict on panel TWICE huh feats > statement

Doom uses cube to drain galactus power

Reed uses the cube to drain Dooms (PC) power

that means cubes can drain galactus, thats some 1337 ownage. kubik gonna simply steal big Gs power

btw can galactus even warp reality? :confusedembarrasmentk but rules say no PIS, that means their suppose to fight @ full potential!! ^^

galactusischere
but its not eternity its ONPANEL! it says "maybe" their his creation!
i did say "fair point" btwand yet that statement is contradict on panel TWICE huh feats > statement

that means cubes can drain galactus, thats some 1337 ownage. kubik gonna simply steal big Gs power

Why would Doom want to steal Galactus's power if he was so damn powerful? Galactus thought of Doom as an insect and didn't see him as a threat.

Galactus has created life.
Hes also taken the powers that Epoch had given to Gravity(FF vol 1 545-546)

Juntai
Why would Doom want to steal Galactus's power if he was so damn powerful? Galactus thought of Doom as an insect and didn't see him as a threat. Galactus' biggest weakness is undersight.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Juntai
Galactus' biggest weakness is undersight. big grinOriginally posted by galactusischere

Why would Doom want to steal Galactus's power if he was so damn powerful? Galactus thought of Doom as an insect and didn't see him as a threat.hey I agree that dont make sense! but feats onpanel clerly show that a cube can steal galactus power
creating life: matter manip can also do that

dunno about the Gravity thing but it dont sound like that great feat. not like stealing Galactus pwer, now THATs something big grin

Utrigita
but its not eternity its ONPANEL! it says "maybe" their his creation!
i did say "fair point" btw

Check up again
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Importance/silversurfer198801014xb7.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Importance/silversurfer198801015yl1.jpg

If you still believe that the celestials just appear from nowhere the second after Eternity was done meditating on how he could ensure continuity in the universe that is your opinion, I disagree because I find the scans to support the idea that Eternity created the Celestials as a manifistation of his will.

and yet that statement is contradict on panel TWICE huh feats > statement

Except when Galactus used his power to break the power of five cosmic cubes that was binding Eternity and Infinity erm

The Cube wasn't used alone, three other artifacts was used.
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/4540/fftwgcm11odingalactusrivals4li.jpg
Those in combination allowed Doom to steal Galactus power. The Cube's powerlevel doesn't have influence on whether ore not it can be used to steal the power of a given Character imo, just look at when Klaw was used by Doom during Secret Wars.

Scan?

In one of the instances the utilizer (in this case Doom) knew that he had to rely on his targets unawerness in order to drain his target else he knew he would die, Galactus is hardly unaware in his fight against Kubik.

btw can galactus even warp reality? confusedbut rules say no PIS, that means their suppose to fight @ full potential!

Doom has utilized Galactus power to warp reality around him when he initially got them, his mortal mind combined with the power of Galactus warped reality around him, Galactus mind has adapted to that problem thousands of years ago.

SoulDevourer

The Cube wasn't used alone, three other artifacts was used.
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/4540/fftwgcm11odingalactusrivals4li.jpg
Those in combination allowed Doom to steal Galactus power. but its the cube that give the power to do it! the others only tell him *how* to do itIMO it does, i mean that make sense: if a cube can drain galactus then its simple it means cube> galactus

galactus should of overloaded the cube or somethin, if he was realy more powerfull! confusedima try find one sad iirc its when a bunch o monsters attack Doom, the cube falls outa his armor, Reed catch it & use it to drain Doom of the power he stole from Galactusi know, Doom said somethin like "galactus stirs but its too late"

but once galactus was aware he should of still be able to block the transfer. its not like galactus was sleepin the whole time erm huh he used the *cube* to do that! (he did it even before he stole big Gs power)
cubes a kinda like genie & lamp & all that, they can grant wishes

Utrigita
but its the cube that give the power to do it! the others only tell him *how* to do it

Not exactly, if you actually reads the scans concerning the actual transfer, it's Doom's tech that allows him to steal Galactus power while the CCU allowed Doom to arrive at the spot to drain Galactus.

http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Raw%20power/Statements%20of%20power/?action=view&current=FFWGCM1007.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Raw%20power/Statements%20of%20power/FFWGCM1011.jpg

And if the Cube in itself was enough why bring the whole gear along with him?

IMO it does, i mean that make sense: if a cube can drain galactus then its simple it means cube> galactus

You just completely shipped the part with Galactus defeating the power of Five Cosmic Cubes didn't you?

galactus should of overloaded the cube or somethin, if he was realy more powerfull! confused

So Galactus should have overloaded Klaw? Doom knew that he had to use different artifacts in order to control the power he was about to receive from Galactus, and the moment the process had begun Galactus couldn't (because he like always underestimate his mortal opponents, PIS for the win) stop the transfer, just like Surfer couldn't stop Doom when Doom drained him the first time around.

ima try find one sad iirc its when a bunch o monsters attack Doom, the cube falls outa his armor, Reed catch it & use it to drain Doom of the power he stole from Galactusi know, Doom said somethin like "galactus stirs but its too late"

Find and post please.

but once galactus was aware he should of still be able to block the transfer. its not like galactus was sleepin the whole time erm

In a PIS free enviroment he can, as shown when he blocked the Elders attack with the soul gems and drew back the energy that was robbed from him. Another example is during Secret Wars where Doom sneakes around on Taa II (a ship the size of a Solar System) and gets located by Galactus and expelled, Galactus could have done the same, but Doom back then meant as much to him as volcanos tearing away 1/3 of a entire planet he was about to fed on. It speaks for Galactus personal powerlevel imo, that Doom with the Cosmic Cube is still just a insect to him.

huh he used the cube to do that (he did it even before he stole big Gs power)

Doom has stolen Galactus power two times, the first time he utilized Klaw to steal the power from Taa II the second time he utilized his personal tech. The Power Cosmic Siphon Harness.

SoulDevourer
Not exactly, if you actually reads the scans concerning the actual transfer, it's Doom's tech that allows him to steal Galactus power while the CCU allowed Doom to arrive at the spot to drain Galactus.but what powers his tech??
(cuz if that tech alone did the job then it woud mean Dooms tech > Galactus tech ! erm)
maybe he brought it with him because he needs that stuff to "harness" the cubes power like he say in the 1st scan
cuz i dont remeber how that went exacly...scan???
(i know that once Warlock himself had 5 cubes and he killed galactus with them or somethin...)ok thats the one:

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/8162/cubeownspc.jpg cool

if PC is rilly > cube then doom should of been able to block the cube jus like Galactus should of been able to block it *after* the transfer began
then its PIS, cuz thats the only good explenation sofar erm

Power Cosmic II
but what powers his tech??
(cuz if that tech alone did the job then it woud mean Dooms tech > Galactus tech ! erm)

I'm 99% certain that Doom used Galactus' tech to steal the Beyonder's power.

Eternity and infinity were catatonic because the magus used his cc's to bind them. Galactus removed their restraints (using Gamora as a "scalpel" in performing cosmic "surgery"wink which enabled them to be free. This allowed Eternity to tell the Living Tribunal that he wishes for the infinity gems to be working in unison to use against Magus.

Mindset
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
I'm 99% certain that Doom used Galactus' tech to steal the Beyonder's power.

He did.

Utrigita
but what powers his tech??

What about a standard powersource? And No it doesn't, A guy with a gun can still kill a guy with a laser cannon if the guy with the laser is caught unaware. And ofcause Doom himself has stated that Galactus utilizes technology he can only dream of having or making. Technology that can easily conquer ore destroy Galaxies.

maybe he brought it with him because he needs that stuff to "harness" the cubes power like he say in the 1st scan

The Cosmic Rod that he stole from Annihilus, the Rod that he allowed him to harness the power of the Cosmic Cube, the Cube that he in turns used to bring himself across the universe, does he however speak about him using the Cosmic Cube to drain Galactus power like you claim he did? No. What did Doom need actually? A hell lot more then just the Cosmic Cube.

cuz i dont remeber how that went exacly...scan???
(i know that once Warlock himself had 5 cubes and he killed galactus with them or somethin...)

http://i238.photobucket.com/album...scalpel/galactushealseternity.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/album...calpel/galactushealseternity1.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/album...calpel/galactushealseternity2.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/album...calpel/galactushealseternity3.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/album...calpel/galactushealseternity4.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/album...calpel/galactushealseternity5.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/album...calpel/galactushealseternity6.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/album...calpel/galactushealseternity7.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/album...calpel/galactushealseternity8.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/album...calpel/galactushealseternity9.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/album...scalpel/galactushealsinfinity.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/album...galactushealseternityinfinity.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/album...alactushealseternityinfinity1.jpg

ok thats the one:

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/9954/cubeownsdoom.jpg cool

if PC is rilly > cube then doom should of been able to block the cube jus like Galactus should of been able to block it *after* the transfer began

There is just the slight difference that Doom isn't owner of the PC like Galactus is, if someone disruptes the connection between Galactus and the Power Cosmic, the Power Cosmic will (if not kept by a vessel like Doom in this case) return to Galactus, that was shown when Reed somehow managed to seperate Galan from the Power Cosmic, Galan that willingly exiled himself to a alternate Dimension but the Power Cosmic still located him and transformed him back into Galactus, I roughly see the same being the case here, The Power Cosmic is released and returns to it's owner. Doom wasn't the owner hence he needed his Cosmic Harness to arquire the Power Cosmic in the first place.

then its PIS, cuz thats the only explenation erm

Well given the factor that Galactus has located Doom aboard a ship the size of a Solar System found him and expelled him, I find it to be PIS that Galactus can't sense Doom before it's too late. But that is just imo.

SoulDevourer
What about a standard powersource? And No it doesn't, A guy with a gun can still kill a guy with a laser cannon if the guy with the laser is caught unaware. not same thing, here galactus IS his power!! so if dooms tech can affect galactus like u say it did then it mean dooms tech > galactus tech
its like saying the bullet coud melt the laser beam itself or somethin. lol

btw its not like galactus was sleeping & lost his power all @ once, he had time to react even after it begunno he dont say it but its obvious the cube is wut does allmost all the job, the rest only help him use the cubethey dont work but doom was aware that reed had the cube, so he should of been able to counter the cubes effect with his own power! else why did he bother steal Power Comic if any cube could just take it back? actualy its PIS that it was ever too late. IF galactus > cube then he should of been able to stop the cube from draining him even AFTER it begin to drain him

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
I'm 99% certain that Doom used Galactus' tech to steal the Beyonder's power.so that means galactus tech> beyonders power
(and dooms tech > galactus tech)

but beyonders not as powerfull as a full cube right?

ok
but it dont sound like a 1:1 fight Galactus vs cubes. did Magus try stop Galactus with those cubes??

Mindset
so that means galactus tech> beyonders power
(and dooms tech > galactus tech)

but beyonders not as powerfull as a full cube right?

No, it means shut up.

Utrigita
not same thing, here galactus IS his power!! so if dooms tech can affect galactus like u say it did then it mean dooms tech > galactus tech
its like saying the bullet coud melt the laser beam itself or somethin. lol

Not exactly, did Doom utilize the technology he brought with him directly on Galactus Technology and defeated it? No he didn't, he utilized his technology on Galactus himself when he got into contact with him. There is nothing in that panel that suggest that Doom's tech > Galactus tech. There is however the notation that Doom required all the knowlegde in the universe in order to built a device capable of draining Galactus.

no he dont say it but its obvious the cube is wut does allmost all the job, the rest only help him use the cube

So what did he then use to power it with when he stole the Power Cosmic from the Silver Surfer? You are speculating that the Cube did all the job while on the scans themselves no such thing is even slightly hinted. All that is mentioned concerning the cube, is that he used it to transport him across the Universe, and that in his opinion (with all knowlegde blah blah) Galactus power > that of the Cube.

they dont work

hmmm... works fine for me, they are in Respect Heralds and Galactus or something like that.

but doom was aware that reed had the cube, so he should of been able to counter the cubes effect with his own power! else why did he bother steal Power Comic if any cube could just take it back?

When Reed pointes out that he has it Doom became aware of it. Doom wasn't aware beforehand and as Reed says Doom will in his arrogance underestimate the power of the Cosmic Cube, which he did instead of killing Reed with a thought he played directly into Reed hands. You can turn around and say; why did he go after the power of Galactus if the Cube is much more powerful then Galactus? that doesn't make any sense either.

actualy its PIS that it was ever too late. IF galactus > cube then he should of been able to stop the cube from draining him even AFTER it begin to drain him

Yeah that would be a brilliant story wouldn't it? But anyways back to my earlier point, Galactus was also incapable of stopping Doom when Doom utilized Klaw to steal Galactus power from Taa II and Klaw is miles below Galactus powerlevel, hence my earlier mentioning that the power of the object you use to steal the power of a given Character doesn't have to be stronger then the given Character in order to have a effect that you can't halt.

SoulDevourer
All that is mentioned concerning the cube, is that he used it to transport him across the Universe,but that woud mean the cubes only feat here is transport at FTL speed. even herald lvl can do that, not much of a feat for somethin thats suppose to be omnipotent lolclick on them they aint workin!but onpanel he realize it was "THE cosmic cube" before Reed use it! (he knew what the cosmic cube can do). if doom was more powerfull then he would of put up some defense, i dunno, like a sheild to block the cubes effect...anything...hey i agre galactus SHOUD be > ccube! but thats not what is show onpanel erm but at least there be no PIS stick out tongue ima say it does! if A can drain B then A > B. else it just PIS ermOriginally posted by Mindset
No, it means shut up. make me Happy Dance

Mindset
make me Happy Dance http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv125/ReactionImagesOni/Animated/1180320397813.gif

Utrigita
but that woud mean the cubes only feat here is transport at FTL speed. even herald lvl can do that, not much of a feat for somethin thats suppose to be omnipotent lol

Doom used the Cosmic Cube before that incident to among other things BFR Uatu to some far away Dimension, Uatu was using a device he had to momentarily overcome Doom with the CCU IIRC but Doom tricked him can't recall the specifics.

click on them they aint workin!

Again mine is working, but possibly because I accessed them before posting them either way here we go again.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/Gamora%20scalpel/galactushealseternity.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/Gamora%20scalpel/galactushealseternity1.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/Gamora%20scalpel/galactushealseternity2.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/Gamora%20scalpel/galactushealseternity3.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/Gamora%20scalpel/galactushealseternity4.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/Gamora%20scalpel/galactushealseternity5.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/Gamora%20scalpel/galactushealseternity6.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/Gamora%20scalpel/galactushealseternity7.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/Gamora%20scalpel/galactushealseternity8.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/Gamora%20scalpel/galactushealseternity9.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/Gamora%20scalpel/galactushealsinfinity.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/Gamora%20scalpel/galactushealseternityinfinity.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/Gamora%20scalpel/galactushealseternityinfinity1.jpg

but onpanel he realize it was "THE cosmic cube" before Reed use it! (he knew what the cosmic cube can do). if doom was more powerfull then he would of put up some defense, i dunno, like a sheild to block the cubes effect...anything...

Yeah because Reeds tells it too Doom, Reed directly tells him "have you in your arrogance forgotten the power that the Cube wields" It's pretty obvious that if Doom at that point haven't figured out what Reed held he is a idiot, and if Doom actually had erected a shield or had turned Reed into slime or jelly the outcome wouldn't have been as the reader wishes it to be. Reed using a device to overcome the evil Doctor Doom. Just like there wouldn't have been a story if Galactus had erased Doom the moment he teleported near him.

hey i agre galactus SHOUD be > ccube! but thats not what is show onpanel erm

I disagree, we have Doom with the CCU being afraid of Galactus noticing him and then we have Doom being cheapshotted by Reed, so to say that it's not shown on panel is wrong imo. Also the Eternity Infinity incidents reposted above.

ima say it does! if A can drain B then A > B. else it just PIS erm

So everytime someone in using his power or intellect or something else to attain the power of someone more powerful then him it's PIS?

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Mindset
http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv125/ReactionImagesOni/Animated/1180320397813.gif laughing out loud

So everytime someone in using his power or intellect or something else to attain the power of someone more powerful then him it's PIS? if its more then just his intellect & if he use his power direcly on the other guys power then yeah its PIS & i tought u agree w/that. without PIS Galactus should of been able to stop the transfer even after Doom start it, same for Doom with Reed (if PC > cube that is)

now take MXYZPTLK & Joker for exemple, Joker dint use brute force or somethin, he only tricked mxy into giving him his power, so its wasnt PIS just plane stupidity for mxy big grin

Mr Master
CCU > Galactus ... all day.

(even against Abstracts) ... this of course depends on the will of user.

ie. In the hands of someone like Thanos ... CCU > Eternity.

btw. By the time Galactus freed Eternity/Infinity,
Magus had already detached himself from the CCUs,
therefore the CCUs were acting on their own,
and since the CCUs have/had no reason to keep Eternity/Inifnity binded,
I'm sure those CCUs allowed Galactus to perform his surgery.

Otherwise, it makes no sense that Galactus can counter a force,
that Eternity/Infinity are vulnerable to.

Blanket
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Are you gonna take that Bran? ?

Oh, knowsbleed copying what I do, and failing to do it right?

rotiart
Originally posted by Mr Master

Galactus healing Eternity was all part of Magus's plan:

Here magus describes thanos and warlock as major chess pieces while galactus and eternity are only secondary
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu111/Rotiart26/INFINTYWARS03-11.jpg
in this issue we see the secondary piece galactus heading to the room of manifestation... and soon after magus comes to capture warlock
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu111/Rotiart26/INFINTYWARS04-33.jpg
here magus tells us how those pieces fit in:
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu111/Rotiart26/INFINTYWARS_05-11.jpg

galactusischere

This is only ONE cube though.
Infinity and Eternity were caught off guard(stated on panel). Nova and Galactus noticed and went to help, thus falling for Magus's trap.

There is on panel evidence supporting both CC>Galactus, and Galactus>CC

Utrigita
if its more then just his intellect & if he use his power direcly on the other guys power then yeah its PIS & i tought u agree w/that. without PIS Galactus should of been able to stop the transfer even after Doom start it, same for Doom with Reed (if PC > cube that is)

now take MXYZPTLK & Joker for exemple, Joker dint use brute force or somethin, he only tricked mxy into giving him his power, so its wasnt PIS just plane stupidity for mxy big grin

The possibility that the other guy might because of his intellect know a way to get around the other guys slight ore large difference in power hasn't croseed your mind? As already mentioned I agree with that but primarily because I have already seen Galactus halt such a attempt to drain his power.

I was under the impression that Mxy only meant to give Joker 1% of his power but instead gave him 99% of it, seems more like a mistake then trickery from Joker, and that example isn't imo very good in this context, primarily because we are dealing with a situation where what one guy wanted doesn't play a part.

SoulDevourer
The possibility that the other guy might because of his intellect know a way to get around the other guys slight ore large difference in power hasn't croseed your mind? As already mentioned I agree with that but primarily because I have already seen Galactus halt such a attempt to drain his power.its still PIS & intelect dont change nothing here, once he start draining the Power Cosmic there was no "get around" the other guys power, he went against it head on (thats what i been tryin to tell u)
if PC > cube then he should of been able to stop the transfer

see it that way : if your armwrestlin with someone whose stronger then u, even if your 1000x smarter then the other guy your still gonna lose 10/10 & intelect change nothing big grin

same thing here it was cube vs PC 1-on-1 and cube won, so either its PIS or what Mr Master said is true and cube > PC (btw u read his post? ^^)

nope iirc mxy told Supe that Joker had trick him with the 1% - 99% thing

Mr Master
Originally posted by rotiart
Galactus healing Eternity was all part of Magus's plan:

Here magus describes thanos and warlock as major chess pieces while galactus and eternity are only secondary
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu111/Rotiart26/INFINTYWARS03-11.jpg
in this issue we see the secondary piece galactus heading to the room of manifestation... and soon after magus comes to capture warlock
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu111/Rotiart26/INFINTYWARS04-33.jpg
here magus tells us how those pieces fit in:
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu111/Rotiart26/INFINTYWARS_05-11.jpg
thumb up

Thanks good friend, I guess this certifies my suspisions,
and those suspisions are,
that there was definitely a plot device behind big G affecting the power of those CCUs.

Utrigita
its still PIS & intelect dont change nothing here, once he start draining the Power Cosmic there was no "get around" the other guys power, he went against it head on (thats what i been tryin to tell u)
if PC > cube then he should of been able to stop the transfer

The second you begin to drain another guys power, his power will begin to dimish, the transfer from Galactus till Doom only toke a page, from the panel it appeared as if the transfer was more ore less instant from the minut Doom had physical contact with Galactus until he had his power. Maybe, but lets look at the difference here, Doom utilized his Tech to absorb the power of Galactus into his body, Reed used the Cube to disrupt the connection between Doom and the PC, the Cube wasn't used for the transfer from Galactus till Doom ore Doom back till Galactus.

see it that way : if your armwrestlin with someone whose stronger then u, even if your 1000x smarter then the other guy your still gonna lose 10/10 & intelect change nothing big grin

If I'm a 1000x smarter I can assure you that I'll win unless the guy is so much stronger that when I'm locking his wrist, position my arm to utilize my weight and all the tricks you know has no effect and then amp that knowlegde by 1000. So intellect change a whole lot. Positioning of body, elbo and so on changes the outcome.

same thing here it was cube vs PC 1-on-1 and cube won, so either its PIS or what Mr Master said is true and cube > PC (btw u read his post? ^^)

Really was there a battle between the two at any point of time in comic? Because all I saw was Doom turning around and getting cheapshotted by Reed with the Cube that can hardly be called a battle, that would in your scenario be equal to you talking with another guy and suddenly a guy just graps your hand and hammers it into the table, saying he won and the rest then says the guy is stronger then you. The other instance we have Doom using his tech not the cube to affect the power of Galactus.

nope iirc mxy told Supe that Joker had trick him with the 1% - 99% thing

I believe Mxy a bit more when he says to Joker that is was never the meaning that Joker should have held more then 1% of his power.

SoulDevourer
The second you begin to drain another guys power, his power will begin to dimish, the transfer from Galactus till Doom only toke a page, from the panel it appeared as if the transfer was more ore less instant from the minut Doom had physical contact with Galactus until he had his power. Maybe, but lets look at the difference here, Doom utilized his Tech to absorb the power of Galactus into his body, Reed used the Cube to disrupt the connection between Doom and the PC, the Cube wasn't used for the transfer from Galactus till Doom ore Doom back till Galactus. hm maybe the part with galactus make som sense...

basicly u think when G realized what was happenin it was too late because he was already to weak?
aha "unless"! PC is suppose to be >>> cube remember? evil facenope, Doom turn around & realized Reed had the cube before Reed used it. so he wasnt attack from behind & he had @ least a few seconds to react wink of cos it wasnt mxys plan! but it was in Jokers plan, iirc

SoulDevourer
thumb up

that there was definitely a plot device behind big G affecting the power of those CCUs. n aint those CC units suppose to be less powerfull then real cubes anyway?

Utrigita
hm maybe the part with galactus make som sense...

basicly u think when G realized what was happenin it was too late because he was already to weak?

Based on the scans Galactus tried to physical crush Doom, if that was his approach by the time he discovered that something was wrong, it was to late, but that is just based on the scan. It's just contradicting to the case with the Elders.

aha "unless"! PC is suppose to be >>> cube remember? evil face

I'm not arguing that the PC that the Surfer uses is above the Cube, I'm arguing that the Power Galactus has at his disposal is, according to Doom with all knowlegde bla blah, above this CCU. Also there is no safe way to tell the strength difference.

nope, Doom turn around & realized Reed had the cube before Reed used it. so he wasnt attack from behind & he had @ least a few seconds to react wink

Which Reed as mentioned knew that Doom wouldn't make use of because of his arrogance. Doom according to Reed would underestimate the Cube which he did. Giving you a second to react when my fist is already flying through the air would imo still be a cheap shot.

of cos it wasnt mxys plan! but it was in Jokers plan, iirc

Except that the Joker didn't as far as I recall have anything to do with the transfer except receiving the power.

Mr Master

n aint those CC units suppose to be less powerfull then real cubes anyway?
CCUs are CCUs regardless,
only the will of the user can affect their influence on reality.

rotiart
thumb up

that there was definitely a plot device behind big G affecting the power of those CCUs.

:-)

DTM
I believe it has been stated that Kubik himself mentions that his power pales in comparison to the Great Powers Of The Universe, of which he lists Galactus as one of them.

galactusischere
Originally posted by DTM
I believe it has been stated that Kubik himself mentions that his power pales in comparison to the Great Powers Of The Universe, of which he lists Galactus as one of them. we already said that but the other guys say that its PIS

DTM
Well, from what Ive seen and read, Ill support a fully powered Galactus over a Cube Being any day. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.