Can they be hit?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bentley
A regular guy with good athletic condition tries to hit the following characters. None of them will flee further than arm range from this guy, and they won't block the punches nor they will strike back, they are limiting to pure dodging using speed and reflexes. Can this guy hit them at all?

1-Batman
2-Wolverine
3-Spider-man
4-Bulleye
5-Catman
6-Daredevil
7-Dick Grayson.

Trackz
eventually, I dont see why not.

BUSTER1
He will definitely"punch himself out" before he can hit Logan or Spidey.
The same can be said for Bats, DD and Grayson. He might be able to tag Bullseye.
I can't say for Catman though, as I know nothing of him

xJLxKing
Yes. As long as the defenders wont fight back.

tideoftime
Given the *specific* stipulations given:
1-Batman (yes, eventually; skill doesn't compensate indefinitely, given the stips)
2-Wolverine (Yes. Logan is fast, but not enough to not eventually get hit in this context.)
3-Spider-man (No. Pete's abilities would allow him to dodge this kind of attack indefinitely, for as long as he could stay awake.)
4-Bulleye (Eventually, yes.)
5-Catman (Like Wolverine, holds out for awhile, but eventually is hit)
6-Daredevil (In this context, he may as well be Pete. No.)
7-Dick Grayson (Similar to Batman, so eventually, yes.)

Doctor-Alvis
They'll all get hit eventually I think. Especially if the man adopts a dual handed wide arc slap technique.

Q99
I wouldn't think so. They'll do stuff like get behind his back, make him swing wide and exhaust himself, and so on. I could see it happening if they got sloppy, but Dick, Matt, and Peter especially won't have it happen.

D-Block
I can see Spiderman not being hit.

Mindset
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
They'll all get hit eventually I think. Especially if the man adopts a dual handed wide arc slap technique. That would be easier to dodge.

Omega Vision
Most normal men would tire out before laying a hand on most of these guys.

darthgoober
None of them can be hit by a normal person if all they're doing is focusing on dodging. The guy's arms should tire out before he managed to land anything.

Mindset
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Most normal men would tire out before laying a hand on most of these guys. Fedor would kill them, though.

rotiart
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Most normal men would tire out before laying a hand on most of these guys.

the op says that the enemy has to stay within arms length of the guy..
basically 2-3 feet away from him at most.
its virtually impossible for them not to get hit at some point when

Mindset
Originally posted by rotiart
the op says that the enemy has to stay within arms length of the guy..
basically 2-3 feet away from him at most.
its virtually impossible for them not to get hit at some point when Not really, Spiderman and DD definitely could.

http://www.10thplanetjj.com/profileimg/ifreez_1234778873_Muhammad_Ali_dodging_punches.gif

Now imagine an extremely less skilled person throwing punches at someone with quasi precog, superhuman reflexes, speed, and agility.

SamZED
Originally posted by Mindset
Fedor would kill them, though. Who's Fedor?

Mindset
http://sevenbreaths.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/fedor.jpg

rotiart
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDw3tUuoLpM&feature=related

respect fedor!

Tha C-Master
Not really, Spiderman and DD definitely could.

http://www.10thplanetjj.com/profileimg/ifreez_1234778873_Muhammad_Ali_dodging_punches.gif

Now imagine an extremely less skilled person throwing punches at someone with quasi precog, superhuman reflexes, speed, and agility. Punch dodging, sweet.

rotiart
pucnh dodging to the head... the head is a smaller target... so its easier to avoid getting hit there..

i just wanna laught at the fight caust he doesn't got for the body shots. larger mass.. easier target.. less chance to ko.. but points can get you a win in boxing. just like when evander fought bird i think it was... bird won on points.

but yah if you are only aiming for the head.. that could be hard to do against those guys you listed.

Mindset
Most people aim for the head when fighting, it's not like with radar sense/ss and superhuman abilities dodging body shots would be that much harder, anyway.

I like this one. http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/4144/silvadancingwithrichstc7.gif

SamZED
http://sevenbreaths.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/fedor.jpg LOL great pic. I know Fedor, i only asked because I wasnt sure if you meant him. Yeah he'd definitely tag and most likely ko anyone on the list..big grin Shouldve seen his last fight.

Originally posted by rotiart
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDw3tUuoLpM&feature=related

respect fedor! Faved.

SamZED
Most people aim for the head when fighting, it's not like with radar sense/ss and superhuman abilities dodging body shots would be that much harder, anyway.

I like this one. http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/4144/silvadancingwithrichstc7.gif Cool. If you like that you should see Roy Jones Jr. at his peak.

Mindset
Yea, I've seen it, I've probably seen almost every gif like that.

There was a thread with them all on sherdog awhile back.

Doctor-Alvis
That would be easier to dodge.
I disagree. Arm's length is pretty short range. If they jump they're screwed, and if you crouch down they can't really duck under you.

Maybe it's because I'm imagining a Magic Bullet shaped forcefield exactly as wide as the man's arm length around him keeping the people from going too far out but this sounds really easy simply because they're pinned in there with him. And I'm also counting any kind of contact as a hit in this scenario. Because I am cheap.

Tha C-Master
Spiderman does it... DD too maybe. Time they got their respect, especially Spiderman. If I made this a durability thread with a guy and some... other character it wouldn't be argued. Spiderman dodges until he's tired if he wants. If he's being silly he might get tagged. SS won't be needed as much with those high of reflexes, those are really insane reflexes. Even at 15-20x.

rotiart
There is no time limit... eventually even spiderman can make a mistake and get tagged.

Mindset
So it goes on forever, or until the guy gets tired?

He'll get tired way before Spiderman does.

Tha C-Master
Superhuman speed and very high automatic reflexes. Could you imagine having reflexes that high? A person trying to hit someone with 20x their reflexes? Seriously. A normal man could do it for a while, a superhuman could do it for a long while. Give him SS and he does it even longer. The guy will fatigue much, much faster. The average person can't launch an assault that long, nor can a athlete, and a peak assault is very tiring. He'd probably launch an all out assault for a minute, maybe 2, that's being generous.

Mindset
Yea, Pete has enhanced endurance too.

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by Bentley
A regular guy with good athletic condition tries to hit the following characters. None of them will flee further than arm range from this guy, and they won't block the punches nor they will strike back, they are limiting to pure dodging using speed and reflexes. Can this guy hit them at all?
Where does this take place?

redhotrash
Spidey has had some bad showings too. Fancy Dan being my favorite example of a human tagging him.

Mindset
The only time Spiderman is hit by a human is PIS or CIS where he either knows he wont be hurt, or he's distracted.

namorsubby

I like this one. http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/4144/silvadancingwithrichstc7.gif

i freakin love watchin anderson silva........best in the UFC no question......i was really disappointed when he whooped my fav fighter(griffin) though........the series of dodges made by silva in that fight was, IMO, the most impressive showcase of human evasive ability ever

oh, and i think everone loses here except spidey and wolverine

Tha C-Master
Every character has low showings. For those showings you also have ones like Thor... yea.

Originally posted by namorsubby
i freakin love watchin anderson silva........best in the UFC no question......i was really disappointed when he whooped my fav fighter(griffin) though........the series of dodges made by silva in that fight was, IMO, the most impressive showcase of human evasive ability ever

oh, and i think everone loses here except spidey and wolverine You think Wolverine dodges better than DD?

rotiart
I can't remember the fight but there was one mma here a guy kciks someone and breaks his leg midkick... I think his shin got elbowed. That's what go me watching mma more than boxing

h1a8
Originally posted by Bentley

1-Batman
2-Wolverine
3-Spider-man
4-Bulleye
5-Catman
6-Daredevil
7-Dick Grayson.

Ever one gets hit easily on first try except Spider-man (wolverine is iffy). I don't know much about Catman though. Easy thread.

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by namorsubby

oh, and i think everone loses here except spidey and wolverine
If I recall correctly, Randy Couture also had some crazy dodging going on against Tim Sylvia.

Y'know, if it's just out in the open dodging this guy, I think a lot of guys on the list would do pretty well but this guy can really limit their space if he plays his cards right.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.