Rank DC's top MAGIC users!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Dr. Fate (Kent Nelson)
Dr. Fate (Hector)
Arion
Tim Hunter
Zatanna
Morgan Le Fey
Enchantress
Sargon The Sorcerer
Mordru
SHAZAM
Gamnemae
Amethyst
White Magician
Nabu

AsbestosFlaygon
1. The Spectre

2. Dr. Fate (Nabu)

v
v
v
v
v

everyone else

Prep-Man
Oh, yeah? What has Nabu done?

AsbestosFlaygon
Check the Dr. Fate respect thread

Q99
I think the strongest outside the Lords of Order/Chaos (Nabu, Mordru, etc.) is Gamnemae, especially after she absorbed several other mages.

Tim Hunter will eventually be an unstoppable uber-mage but that's still in the future.

Prep-Man
Arion should also be in the top 5. Zatanna was impressed with his power.

tjcoady
Tim Hunter by the end of his series beats all of them, save perhaps the Spectre. And even that I'm not sure about.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Arion should also be in the top 5. Zatanna was impressed with his power. Top five? i don't think so.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by tjcoady
Tim Hunter by the end of his series beats all of them, save perhaps the Spectre. And even that I'm not sure about.

Reasons?

supremthor
Omg i 4got all about the books of magic series, Tim should should diff be on the top 3

Q99
Reasons?

In the predicted future he was shown in Books of Magic, he'd be the key figure in a war of magic where he'd be Mage Supreme and leader of whichever side he sided with.

Desaad
Tim Hunter (Potential) - Capable of birthing universes.

Mordru (30th Century) - He easily overcame Dr. Fate, even across the gulf of time.

Dr. Fate (Kent Nelson)/Nabu/Hector - Kent as Dr. Fate was basically taken over by Nabu. Hector had reached the point that he was at least a powerful, if not more powerful, than those guys by the end.

Ameythst - Potentially as powerful as Dr. Fate, but never demonstrated that ability.

Mordru (21st Century) - beaten by Hector, ultimately.

Arion - Powerful enough that Mordru stole his body, even the depowered version was giving Superman fits and altering reality.

Zatanna - Powerful mage in her own right.

Morgan Le Fey - I've never seen her doing anything, raw power wise, that impressed me. Lots of controlling and stuff.

Enchantress - Heavily limited, most a matter transformer.

Sargon - REALLY limited, relatively weak.

Shazam, the Wizard, varies depending on showing. ON average I put him on Fate's level, though. gamnemae is also very variable. Back in the day, not so powerful, but in the future time...well, in actuality most of her power came from a single spell that allowed her to absorb the powers of the JLA. She wasn't really that powerful on her own, relative to the others. Probably below Zatanna.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Desaad
Tim Hunter (Potential) - Capable of birthing universes.

Mordru (30th Century) - He easily overcame Dr. Fate, even across the gulf of time.

Dr. Fate (Kent Nelson)/Nabu/Hector - Kent as Dr. Fate was basically taken over by Nabu. Hector had reached the point that he was at least a powerful, if not more powerful, than those guys by the end.

Ameythst - Potentially as powerful as Dr. Fate, but never demonstrated that ability.

Mordru (21st Century) - beaten by Hector, ultimately.

Arion - Powerful enough that Mordru stole his body, even the depowered version was giving Superman fits and altering reality.

Zatanna - Powerful mage in her own right.

Morgan Le Fey - I've never seen her doing anything, raw power wise, that impressed me. Lots of controlling and stuff.

Enchantress - Heavily limited, most a matter transformer.

Sargon - REALLY limited, relatively weak.

Shazam, the Wizard, varies depending on showing. ON average I put him on Fate's level, though. gamnemae is also very variable. Back in the day, not so powerful, but in the future time...well, in actuality most of her power came from a single spell that allowed her to absorb the powers of the JLA. She wasn't really that powerful on her own, relative to the others. Probably below Zatanna. Ameythst is above Dr. Fate and the White Witch absorbed Modru at the end of Final Crisis she's in the top three

Omega Vision
Originally posted by iceman24567
Ameythst is above Dr. Fate and the White Witch absorbed Modru at the end of Final Crisis she's in the top three
They said Mordru had "all the magic in the universe" and seeing as to my knowledge the Spectre has never appeared in the 30th century so do you think its possible Mordru even absorbed the Spectre? I doubt it but there isn't a lot of evidence ruling it out.

Q99
She was still a powerful mage in the League of Ancients, and considered herself stronger than Manitou Raven. Then she absorbed most of the LoA on top, and eventually Zatanna.

Her absorption spell was pressed well beyond the level a normal mage could do.

Galan007
imo, a full powered amethyst is the most powerful magic user on this list. then you have beings such as: nabu/mordru, shazam, zatanna, arion, etc. as for tim hunter - he certainly has the potential to be more powerful than any of them

now had black alice been included, i'd of went with her for sure.

and the White Witch absorbed Modru at the end of Final Crisis she's in the top three she absorbed mordru by utilizing one of his own spells against him. that is a feat almost any other magic user could have duplicated - assuming said mage was also familiar with mordru's spells.

at any rate, that one showing is not enough to constitute a top 3 ranking for the otherwise mediocre, white witch. imo.

The Nuul
Morgan Le Fey
Enchantress

Are DC?

iceman24567
Originally posted by Galan007
imo, a full powered amethyst is the most powerful magic user on this list. then you have beings such as: nabu/mordru, shazam, zatanna, arion, etc. as for tim hunter - he certainly has the potential to be more powerful than any of them

she absorbed mordru by utilizing one of his own spells against him. that is a feat almost any other magic user could have duplicated - assuming said mage was also familiar with mordru's spells.

at any rate, that one showing is not enough to constitute a top 3 ranking for the otherwise mediocre, white witch. imo. I know she used his spell against him that wasn't my point she is now has her power and his which should make her in the top 3.

Galan007
I know she used his spell against him that wasn't my point she is now has her power and his which should make her in the top 3. after absorbing mordru, she started going by the name "black witch".

the thread clearly specifies white witch stick out tongue

Prep-Man
Originally posted by The Nuul
Morgan Le Fey
Enchantress

Are DC?

Morgan Le Fey is a JLA villain and Enchantress from Shadowpact.

Prep-Man

she absorbed mordru by utilizing one of his own spells against him. that is a feat almost any other magic user could have duplicated - assuming said mage was also familiar with mordru's spells.

at any rate, that one showing is not enough to constitute a top 3 ranking for the otherwise mediocre, white witch. imo.

More powerful than full powered tim hunter?

Galan007
More powerful than full powered tim hunter? black alice? sure.

Prep-Man
black alice? sure.

No, Amithyst.

Omega Vision
black alice? sure.
Do you think Mordru would have done any better against the Spectre when compared to Shazam in DOV? Because it seemed to me like Mordru was as powerful as Shazam but more crafty.

Galan007
No, Amithyst. no.

tim at full potential should be > just about anyone.

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Do you think Mordru would have done any better against the Spectre when compared to Shazam in DOV? Because it seemed to me like Mordru was as powerful as Shazam but more crafty. to me it seemed like mordru was more powerful than shazam. for instance: after their brief battle (which took place within the RoE, mind you) shazam was left all but powerless, while mordru seemed none the worse for wear. in fact, mordru actually restored all of shazam's lost energies before he left.

Omega Vision
no.

to me it seemed like mordru was more powerful than shazam. for instance: after their brief battle (which took place within the RoE, mind you) shazam was left all but powerless, while mordru seemed none the worse for wear. in fact, mordru actually restored all of shazam's lost energies before he left.
That's true, but he seemed to know he wasn't up to scratch to take down the Spectre so he hit the road.

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Nuul
Morgan Le Fey
Enchantress

Are DC? laughing out loud

Prep-Man
no.

to me it seemed like mordru was more powerful than shazam. for instance: after their brief battle (which took place within the RoE, mind you) shazam was left all but powerless, while mordru seemed none the worse for wear. in fact, mordru actually restored all of shazam's lost energies before he left.

Agreed.

AsbestosFlaygon
Full-powered Spectre > Any magic user in DC, imho.

He would be literally >= The Voice.

Anyways, in this list I'm torn between Amethyst or Nabu.

Blanket
Black Adam

Captain Marvel

Everyone else

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.