Arrow Trucking, Out of business

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kevdude
One of the biggest trucking companys has just gone out of business. Nice recovery we have going on here, although I wouldn't call it a recovery like most in the news does!!!!

http://www.landlinenow.com/2009/12/arrow-trucking-goes-out-of-business_23.html

Rogue Jedi
*sleeps tight*

jaden101
Originally posted by kevdude
One of the biggest trucking companys has just gone out of business. Nice recovery we have going on here, although I wouldn't call it a recovery like most in the news does!!!!

http://www.landlinenow.com/2009/12/arrow-trucking-goes-out-of-business_23.html

So it's automatically the fault of the government and not the company's management's failure to adapt to a different economy?

It's odd that the governments don't get any credit in the 10 years previous to the collapse for the unparalleled growth of the economy.

kevdude
Originally posted by jaden101
So it's automatically the fault of the government and not the company's management's failure to adapt to a different economy?

It's odd that the governments don't get any credit in the 10 years previous to the collapse for the unparalleled growth of the economy.

And where in my post did I say anything about the government?? Unless you believe the government controls the news (which it does not) then no where.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Strange you would call it growth when it never was real, it was just a huge bubble which never should have been in the first place.. eek!

jaden101
And where in my post did I say anything about the government?? Unless you believe the government controls the news (which it does not) then no where.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Strange you would call it growth when it never was real, it was just a huge bubble which never should have been in the first place.. eek!

No really addressed my main point have you? You automatically put the failure of a company down to an allegedly false recovery rather than poor management. Trying to alleviate the responsibility of the company onto someone else. (who else but the government?). There are literally hundreds of thousands of other companies trading in the same economic conditions as Arrow Trucking. They survive when Arrow do not. This means the company had shit management that didn't adapt to change while others did.

Rogue Jedi
Enron field got pwned.

kevdude
No really addressed my main point have you? You automatically put the failure of a company down to an allegedly false recovery rather than poor management. Trying to alleviate the responsibility of the company onto someone else. (who else but the government?). There are literally hundreds of thousands of other companies trading in the same economic conditions as Arrow Trucking. They survive when Arrow do not. This means the company had shit management that didn't adapt to change while others did.

Here we go again.. Never said the coming going down was because of the false recovery, I was using the story about a) company which is one of the biggest trucking companys that failed to b) bring some reality to the news companys that we are not in recovery mode right now. Of course they fell because of poor management, that is obvious to anyone..

Bicnarok

jaden101
Here we go again.. Never said the coming going down was because of the false recovery, I was using the story about a) company which is one of the biggest trucking companys that failed to b) bring some reality to the news companys that we are not in recovery mode right now. Of course they fell because of poor management, that is obvious to anyone..

Did I just hear the tune change?

kevdude
Did I just hear the tune change?

Not really. laughing out loud

Agreed Bicnarok.

jaden101

kevdude
Should've been an early bird then.

Which was my point.

The company going under has nothing to do with whether or not there's a real recovery going on or not.

So when someone makes an opening statement like that, they're clearly trying to make it out as if the company went under because the recovery is false or a failure.

I do agree that the media are stating that the recovery is better than it is. But that has even less to do with Arrow Trucking going under than the weak (if even existant) recovery itself.

Thats the entire point Jaden confused . No where did I bring up the government was at fault for the trucking company failing that was all > you.

jaden101
Thats the entire point Jaden confused . No where did I bring up the government was at fault for the trucking company failing that was all > you.

Given that the government are supposed to be the main driving force behind the recovery then i'm sure you can see where I was coming from.

dadudemon
Given that the government are supposed to be the main driving force behind the recovery then i'm sure you can see where I was coming from.

Hmmmmm.

I'm having a hard time seeing that "recovery" was meant to exclude the government as the "government" is very much a large part of the "recovery." To exclude that from "recovery" would be ignorant. He doesn't seem ignorant. Most likely, this is a perfect example of "back pedalling."

Bicnarok

kevdude
Originally posted by dadudemon
Hmmmmm.

I'm having a hard time seeing that "recovery" was meant to exclude the government as the "government" is very much a large part of the "recovery." To exclude that from "recovery" would be ignorant. He doesn't seem ignorant. Most likely, this is a perfect example of "back pedalling."

laughing out loud Never said anything about the 'government' guys, its pretty obivious in the first post I was talking about the news, (seeing as I even said the news) reading more into it then what it is... I've seen that also Bicnarok

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.